~ NOVEMBER 2011 INFERTILITY ONE THREAD ~ - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 237 Old 11-27-2011, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

MammaBird - Congrats on the BFP! Seems like a lot of ladies have had luck with acupuncture. Hope you have a nice sticky bean!

cbaa - Sorry you are feeling the worry of this all. That is something I didn't really anticipate with IF - being afraid to test. I didn't feel that my first couple of cycles where I O'd, but after two BFN cycles, yeah, I hate to even hope. I hope that the different symptoms do mean something for you. My thought is that I can't count anything as a possible symptom until at least 7 DPO. Before that, the embryo most likely hasn't implanted, and from everything I've read, there's no possible way your body 'knows' it's pregnant - the embryo isn't producing any chemical signals to cause any changes in your body. That's my thought, anyway. Of course, I want you to test, because I want it to be a BFP and I want you to be happy. But I don't have to deal with the same level of disappointment you do if it's BFN, so my vote doesn't count!

brichole - UGH about getting called in to work in the middle of the night. Sorry it messes with your temp. I'm now two timezones out of sync with my normal time zone, so I wonder if that is messing with my temps, but since they've all been above coverline, I haven't worried about it.

gozal - Good luck with the bloodwork - hope the clomid goes well for you.

shesaidboom - Where are you at in treatment right now? I always feel especially close to my fellow PCOS-ers. I feel like every time someone else with PCOS gets pregnant, it means I must be one step closer, too! I know it doesn't make sense, but it gives me hope.

deborah - Sorry you're getting every symptom in the book. I had no idea dizziness could be a early pregnancy symptom! Prometrium made me insanely dizzy, so I hope that isn't a foreshadowing of things to come!

AFM, 6 DPO and feeling that it's very, very unfair that you have to wait two weeks (or at least 10 days, minimum) to find out if you're pregnant. I do not know how you ladies do it that cycle like clockwork every month. I would have gone insane if I'd spent a year and a half doing that. Waiting for O (especially O that didn't ever come) was trying enough. It seems like we ought to be able to find out a day or two later, so if it's BFN, we can move on with our lives. Plus, I want to get in the hot tub at the hotel, but I keep thinking... what if I'm pg, and it hurts the baby? Or what if the embryo would have implanted, but didn't because I got in the stupid hot tub? Grrr. At least I know I'll be starting BCPs next week if this cycle doesn't pan out. At least I can move past the not knowing.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014 it's a
#212 of 237 Old 11-27-2011, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

According to my chosen pregnancy book Great Expectations, What's Happening to You Physically: "Widening your blood vessels, which brings more blood to the baby and less to your brain- making you feel dizzy." (p.25) As much as it is not fun having all the symptoms, I'm grateful for them because I know my body is doing what it's supposed to do. That is not meant to scare anyone who is not having symptoms as many people who have symptom-free pregnancies (or low-symptom pregnancies) go on to have healthy babies.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#213 of 237 Old 11-28-2011, 02:28 AM

Mammabird, YAH!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you :o) What are your next steps? haha i would go buy more HPTs just to test. I think i used 6 up just to "confirm" biggrinbounce.gifLet us know what the blood test say! Gotta love the acupuncture and the pineapple core :o)

Brichole, yah to a better week! I hope that things go well and that your week is relatively stress free :o) I definitely understand what you mean, by the way, about having just a family holiday with your immediate family. I often wish that too. I love my family and my DH's family but all that travel to get to the different places does get exhausting. I'm great when i'm there but boy, the hour and a half drive each way is tiring (more for DH than me!). Also, DH's family all have cats so since DH and I are deathly allergic and I'm avoiding cats completely for the next, oh 8 months or so, we can't even go and relax at their houses! But still, I just love the holidays and seeing everyone in their festive cheer!

Cbaa, aren't the symptoms the worst? I second what the other ladies have said...it's hard to predict based on the symptoms. i will tell you that if there is anything "different" that is a great sign. For me, it was extreme nipple sensitivity...my breasts were not painful at all but my nipples were not happy. they were really warm and burned a little. That had never happened before to me so if anything, that was a definite sign to me. (AFTER the fact, however, because I didn't want to get my hopes up!) I also tested at around 12-I hate testing too early because i couldn't take another BFN but i wanted to know in case it was negative and i had to find out during work. I remember the last BFN, I was devastated after my BFN from beta but it would have been so much worse if I didn't prepare and actually expect a BFN. However, you definitely know what would be most comfortable for you. Just know that we are here for you!!

Monkey, I hope you're pregnant but if not, yah to moving forward!! I know that you were really excited about starting the BCPs! Ah, the freedom. haha i used to love being on BCPs and forgoing a period every few months. That was definitely a freeing time. i hope that you are doing well, otherwise!

Shesaidboom, how are you doing? What is happening on your end?

Gozal, let us know how the blood tests go! I'm sure everything is fine and I can't wait until you see the nice follies growing. Did you take the clomid from days 3-7? So they probably will want you to come in around day 9-10 to start the us monitoring, right?

Deborah, they say that women who suffer from morning sickness have a slightly lower chance of miscarrying. That is basically what gets me through the nauseated days ;o) Anyway, hope that your symptoms give you some relief once a while. It's 9 weeks for me today and I've started to feel less nauseated in the morning. However, I'm just as nauseated throughout the afternoon into the evening so I guess it's not great news.

Hope everyone has a wonderful start of the week! I'm thinking these next few weeks are going to be fairly insane for me at work so I'm going to take the opportunity today to talk to my boss and tell him I'm pregnant so he doesn't make me do extraneous things like go to dinner with clients after a full day meeting. Knowing how he is a workaholic, I doubt that he will change his expectations but it is worth a shot. DH is worried I'm working too much and that it will negatively impact our babies. I'm with him but i just don't know what I can do about it!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#214 of 237 Old 11-28-2011, 07:10 AM

Mammabird: YAY!!! Congrats sweetie! I'm super excited for you! I hope that your beta goes well today!! Please let us know!!!

Monkey:  I have to agree with you!!! I really wish we didn't have to wait so long to find out if we were pregnant or not!!! I really hope that you don't even have to start those BCPs due to lack of a next cycle :) 

Renavoo:  I really hope that your boss actually understands that your body needs rest right now...especially with carrying the twinkles !!! hehe.  I totally get the cat thing too.  I made my husband get ride of his the week we found out i was pregnant with Emma.  I just couldn't handle it...plus he was really jealous of anyone who got near my DH so i was afraid of what might have happened to emma had we kept him.  He was a beautiful linx/bengal mix though. 

Gozal:  You are too sweet to me :) HEHE... I really hope that maybe some of the positive zen energy can be passed off to everyone so that our bodies will start listening and give us all BFPs!!!

Shesaidboom:  When will you start your medications for this cycle or have you already started them?  I really am pulling for you this month!!!

Deborah:  I hate that you are having the dizzy spells from the pregnancy, but symptoms are a good thing : )

AFM:  I'm 10dpo and when i started brushing my teeth this morning i started gagging so bad i thought i was going to be sick.  I don't see that really as a big sign or anything...but within the past 20 minutes i've started getting REALLY dizzy...and nothing i do is helping at all.  I don't know what is going on, but i honestly don't think mine is due to being pregnant...but hey...i guess only time will tell.  FF wants me to test on December 1st, but i'm thinking about waiting at least until Friday or Saturday. (probably saturday since AF is due that day).  I'm really trying not to get my hopes up this month because i'm pretty sure that with my temps being as low as they are that I am completely out!!!  PLEASE LET SATURDAY GET HERE A LITTLE QUICKER!!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#215 of 237 Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 AM

I agree that symptoms are a good thing. I just wish I didn't have to have every single one. LOL. A few here and there would be okay. Haha.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#216 of 237 Old 11-28-2011, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Im 99% sure im out, i was awake with insomnia/anxiety last night until about 1130 then up again at 315 with hot flashes/night sweats which left me dozing on & off til i got up for work at 530. This seems to be my precursor 'AF is coming' sign... I just feel so sad.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#217 of 237 Old 11-28-2011, 10:00 AM

Cbaa: Big hugs!! I hate that you feel like you are out!!! I was just looking at your chart at the One Thread and your temps are still really high!!! That is a good sign though isn't it?  As long as AF doesn't show up Wednesday you are still having a beta done right?  Have you thought about POAS again?  I just don't want this to be over for you...i want you to get a BFP!!!  PLEASE don't give up until AF shows up!!! I"m still pulling for you!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#218 of 237 Old 11-28-2011, 04:55 PM

Negative HPT tonight... Just knew it. Atleast now i can ditch the progesterone and start again... I cant deal with this...

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#219 of 237 Old 11-29-2011, 03:36 AM

CBAA, hug2.gif i'm so sorry for your bad news. Are you going to test in the morning though...i feel like it's possible it is a false negative because you're testing in the evening. I hope that is what happened. Otherwise, what is next for you? I'm really sorry, regardless, that you are feeling so down. We're all here for you to try to lift you up while your feeling down. I wish I could say something more poignant but I totally understand where you're coming from because DH and I also tried for a long time. i hope that you and DH get some quality hug time in together so you can both look to the future. And, I'm still hopefully. As Brichole says, you're really not out until AF comes.

Brichole, hmmmm dizziness and a little gagging? hmmmm haha I hope that these ARE signs that a little one has implanted and is growing! I know that would mess with the surgery but hey, it would be so exciting and so deserved for you! Wow, I'm impressed you're going to be able to wait that long! I would never be able to wait that long. I think I'd start testing on Wednesday. :o) COME ON SATURDAY!! Your DH's former cat sounds beautiful but a little dangerous! i'm glad your girls aren't near it anymore! Do you have any other pets? I wish I could get a dog but I doubt I'd have the energy to take care of the puppy once the babies come anyway!

Monkey, another day down! (sigh, I know, still so slow!)

Gozal, how are you doing? You too, Shesaidboom :o)

AFM, meeting with the boss went fairly well. He seemed genuinely happy for me and even offered to let me talk to his wife (he has twins too and his wife was also a high risk carrier) so that was nice. I was really happy with the way the talk went but I'm cautiously optimistic...I'll wait to see what happens when I ask him to be let out of a work thing (such as a client dinner on 12/12, after a full day meeting). I don't know that he'll be happy about that because he's a workaholic but we'll see!

Otherwise, I'm just rooting for you all. I just really feel like I need to see you all get BFPs before I'm truly content because you are all lovely ladies who deserve to get your little bundle of happiness. It makes me happy when i hear about a BFP (yah MammaBird!) but i can't wait to hear more!! And i cry a little when i hear about a BFN :o( Cbaa, my thoughts are with you...but I'm still hopeful!

love.gif

#220 of 237 Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 AM

I have heard that about morning sickness as well. I also have Hashimoto's disease (where antibodies attack the thyroid gland) which raises my risk a bit, but my RE is putting me on low-dose prednisone to prevent miscarriage. It makes me a bit nervous since it is a corticosteroid, but the benefits definitely outweigh the risks. I also found information that says in the first trimester it is not very high risk because the placenta kind of acts as a barricade or something like that. I'm probably not expressing it correctly, but it definitely made me feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renavoo View Post

Mammabird, YAH!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you :o) What are your next steps? haha i would go buy more HPTs just to test. I think i used 6 up just to "confirm" biggrinbounce.gifLet us know what the blood test say! Gotta love the acupuncture and the pineapple core :o)

Brichole, yah to a better week! I hope that things go well and that your week is relatively stress free :o) I definitely understand what you mean, by the way, about having just a family holiday with your immediate family. I often wish that too. I love my family and my DH's family but all that travel to get to the different places does get exhausting. I'm great when i'm there but boy, the hour and a half drive each way is tiring (more for DH than me!). Also, DH's family all have cats so since DH and I are deathly allergic and I'm avoiding cats completely for the next, oh 8 months or so, we can't even go and relax at their houses! But still, I just love the holidays and seeing everyone in their festive cheer!

Cbaa, aren't the symptoms the worst? I second what the other ladies have said...it's hard to predict based on the symptoms. i will tell you that if there is anything "different" that is a great sign. For me, it was extreme nipple sensitivity...my breasts were not painful at all but my nipples were not happy. they were really warm and burned a little. That had never happened before to me so if anything, that was a definite sign to me. (AFTER the fact, however, because I didn't want to get my hopes up!) I also tested at around 12-I hate testing too early because i couldn't take another BFN but i wanted to know in case it was negative and i had to find out during work. I remember the last BFN, I was devastated after my BFN from beta but it would have been so much worse if I didn't prepare and actually expect a BFN. However, you definitely know what would be most comfortable for you. Just know that we are here for you!!

Monkey, I hope you're pregnant but if not, yah to moving forward!! I know that you were really excited about starting the BCPs! Ah, the freedom. haha i used to love being on BCPs and forgoing a period every few months. That was definitely a freeing time. i hope that you are doing well, otherwise!

Shesaidboom, how are you doing? What is happening on your end?

Gozal, let us know how the blood tests go! I'm sure everything is fine and I can't wait until you see the nice follies growing. Did you take the clomid from days 3-7? So they probably will want you to come in around day 9-10 to start the us monitoring, right?

Deborah, they say that women who suffer from morning sickness have a slightly lower chance of miscarrying. That is basically what gets me through the nauseated days ;o) Anyway, hope that your symptoms give you some relief once a while. It's 9 weeks for me today and I've started to feel less nauseated in the morning. However, I'm just as nauseated throughout the afternoon into the evening so I guess it's not great news.

Hope everyone has a wonderful start of the week! I'm thinking these next few weeks are going to be fairly insane for me at work so I'm going to take the opportunity today to talk to my boss and tell him I'm pregnant so he doesn't make me do extraneous things like go to dinner with clients after a full day meeting. Knowing how he is a workaholic, I doubt that he will change his expectations but it is worth a shot. DH is worried I'm working too much and that it will negatively impact our babies. I'm with him but i just don't know what I can do about it!

#221 of 237 Old 11-29-2011, 08:13 AM

The other advantage to taking the low-dose prednisone is that it can help with asthma (which is good since it is winter).

#222 of 237 Old 11-29-2011, 08:37 AM

cbaa - hug2.gif I, too, hope this is a false negative, but I know you know your body better than we do. Are you still going to do the beta to confirm before you stop the progesterone? BFNs suck suck suck suck. Sometimes I wish I were rich enough to throw dishes at the wall and have the maid clean up afterwards. Because I think it would make me feel better. At least maybe you can have some therapeutic chocolate, or other comfort food of choice?

AFM, renavoo nailed it... booooooooring. 7 or 8 DPO, not feeling any different than any other day of my life. Had a fun time visiting Alcatraz last night, and happy that SIL is now past 35 weeks, so practically full term for twins.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
#223 of 237 Old 11-30-2011, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mamabird, such wonderful news, congratulations!!! Hope your betas are fabulous!

cbaa, I know I already wrote to you on the other thread, but I wanted to say again, I'm so sorry and I'm thinking of you.

Brichole...I am on pins and needles!

AFM, I went for an u/s yesterday and wow - lots of follicles. I had six altogether, three on each ovary, with three mature. On natural cycles I've sometimes had as many as three with one lead but wow, that was a lot to see! I triggered last night at 9pm. and haven't felt anything yet, though I can't imagine my 26mm follice is going to wait around 36 hours?! On Sat. I am supposed to start progesterone and probably that night I'll start testing to see when the trigger leaves my system.

Question for those who've done Clomid: my lining yesterday (12 hours before trigger) was 7mm...should I be worried? It's usually around 10mm right before o.

Oh G-d please let this work. This is the last thing we can do that insurance will cover.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#224 of 237 Old 11-30-2011, 10:24 AM

Gozal- that sounds like an amazing response! Just as reference the biggest follicle i had was 20mm, my lining was only 6mm, so hat you have sounds great! I have high hopes for you lady! You doing relations or IUI?

Beta confirmed negative result... I need to call my nurse to ask some questions.

#225 of 237 Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 AM

cbaa - hug2.gif Sorry that you had to be right about this one. Hope your doctor has some answers/ideas for you.

gozal - Don't know anything about the lining, but I hope that this is your cycle. And yeah, sounds like the 26 mm has got to be bursting any minute!

#226 of 237 Old 11-30-2011, 11:18 AM

Cbaa, hug2.gifI'm so sorry. I hope you get some answers.

Gozal, my lining on clomid was always below 5 so your lining of 7mm is awesome in my eyes. I'm hoping so hard that this is your cycle!

Monkey, YAH for your SIL! i know you were worried about her so this is great for you too. Is she going to wait for natural birth or is she expecting to be induced?

love.gif

#227 of 237 Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM

renavoo - Natural is the hope. She'll be induced if she hits 38 weeks and hasn't gone into labor on her own. Yesterday (35+2) she was 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced, so it looks like her body is heading that direction. Apparently she's getting her membranes swept next week if nothing is going on by then.

#228 of 237 Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 PM

monkey, renavoo, brichole - I'm on day 8 right now, just finished the Femara and will start cycle monitoring on Friday. They pushed me a day forward this cycle so instead of starting on day 9 I start on day 10. My results from my day 3 ultrasound showed 10 follicles on one side and 4 on the other and the largest was 10mm. I'd have to call back for my blood because I didn't write them down. Thanks for thinking of me. My laptop died and I'm having some issues with the company fixing it (I paid for the extra coverage which should mean I get a loaner, but their version of loaner is to buy a new laptop and they'll refund my money if it's in perfect condition when returned) so I haven't been getting online much.

monkey - I feel the exact same way with others with PCOS. If they did it, it must mean my turn is coming soon.
It definitely is unfair that we have to wait 2 weeks to find out. It's so hard to wait! I agree with you, I just want to know one way or the other. I am definitely not looking forward to another 2ww.

cbaa - I'm so sorry. hug2.gif This whole process is so unfair. I know how much you wanted this. I am thinking of you.

gozal - thinking good things for you. This sounds promising!

I've been avoiding facebook and pregnant ladies like the plague. I just can't do it right now. Well except for those of you here, I want all of you to be pregnant! I'm also having a hard time trusting my body. I feel very out of sync with it because I feel like it is failing me. I treat it well and do everything "right" (without stressing myself out about it because that's not good either), but I'm still the fat one who can't make babies. Nothing about this is fair. I know we all know that, but really, it's not. I am so angry right now and it has been hard to let that mind set go. I'm just so angry. I have been trying meditation and have been continuing with my yoga, as well as going on many walks, to try to get over those angry feelings and connect with myself, but it always just comes back. How do you deal with these things? I don't think I'm doing a very good job.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#229 of 237 Old 11-30-2011, 03:59 PM

Gozal- That sounds extremely promising. I think my biggest was 17 or 18 mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozal View Post

Mamabird, such wonderful news, congratulations!!! Hope your betas are fabulous!

cbaa, I know I already wrote to you on the other thread, but I wanted to say again, I'm so sorry and I'm thinking of you.

Brichole...I am on pins and needles!

AFM, I went for an u/s yesterday and wow - lots of follicles. I had six altogether, three on each ovary, with three mature. On natural cycles I've sometimes had as many as three with one lead but wow, that was a lot to see! I triggered last night at 9pm. and haven't felt anything yet, though I can't imagine my 26mm follice is going to wait around 36 hours?! On Sat. I am supposed to start progesterone and probably that night I'll start testing to see when the trigger leaves my system.

Question for those who've done Clomid: my lining yesterday (12 hours before trigger) was 7mm...should I be worried? It's usually around 10mm right before o.

Oh G-d please let this work. This is the last thing we can do that insurance will cover.

#230 of 237 Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 AM

Shesaidboom, i think you're normal in your response. Definitely stay away from facebook...even now, I don't like facebook except to quickly look to see if i need to wish someone a happy birthday. It's just such a bad medium when you're stressed...everyone always posts about the good things in life and it really makes everyone's lives feel peachy keen and in your face. I actually considered deleting my account but decided that I wanted to be able to say happy birthday when needed. Also, some of my friends are really far away so facebook helps us keep connected. But I definitely limit it, even now. When I used to get angry or upset, I just really took some time, shut down and breathed. Really, that's all you can do. There is no justification as to why we had to suffer with infertility and have to deal with BFNs over and over again. I also just thought, it will happen some day. That hope kept me going for 2 years although I felt especially hopeless after my first BFN with IVF. This pain is so individual but I wanted to be sure that you knew we were all with you and thinking about you and hoping that you get your BFP soon!!! By the way we can all stand to lose some weight (as can the large majority of people) so I hope that you realize that you're beautiful the way you are. You're taking care of your body by exercising...really, I think you're ahead of the curve!

love.gif

#231 of 237 Old 12-01-2011, 05:30 AM

Hi All!!!  I have been MIA for my 2 off days and I really enjoyed having those two days off...though i felt like tuesday i was ran ragged by the end of the night. 

I've started my typical spotting...so AF will be here by this weekend full force!! I don't think i'm shocked really because my temps never really got that high, so now on to the next cycle...if AF will finally show up full force!!! I do see this as a positive outlook though.  If I O when I normally do and not early like i did this past month then I will be most fertle around DD#1's birthday which was also my DD#1's due date...soooooo maybe that day will be good for us!!! We will see.  I know that i'm going to be jumping my husband as much as possible since this is the last month we get to try until after my surgery date!!! BLAH!  ANYWAYS, I hope that everyone is doing good!!!

Renavoo:  I agree with staying away from Facebook too!!! It causes a lot of drama.  I don't post anything negative only because i have an ex-mother in law who stalks me on facebook...so i keep drama down by not saying anything at all.  I also didn't post right away when i found out i was expecting last year.  I sent a text to anyone i really wanted to know and just let everyone else just figure it out!!! (I did start showing really early with my second!!!) 

Shesaidboom:  I'm happy that things are already in motion!! I hate that you are having problems with your laptop.  That is crap....do they not think if you had the money to pay for a new lap top that you would just replace the messed up on and not worry about even getting the extra coverage on it?  BLAH computer companies kill me!!!

Monkey:  How many DPO are you now?  I hope that you guys get your BFP, it would be nice to not have to put your body thru the BCP...which your body probably doesn't react to them like mine does...I just really don't want you to have to worry about!!! I hope that I didn't get my BFP so that you could get yours!!!!

I have the girls birthday parties this weekend and my DD#1 is getting a netbook for her birthday...so I should be able to FINALLY update from home from now on...when she's not on the computer that is lol.  We are trying to save up to get a better computer or a laptop for the house but with christmas going on right around the corner we are more worried about what to get the girls than what to get ourselves!! I need to get to doing my reports for work so i will talk to you ladies later!!!

#232 of 237 Old 12-01-2011, 10:05 AM

SIL is on her way to the hospital... she lost her mucus plug this morning, and may be leaking amniotic fluid. So this may be the day my nephews come! She's 35+4, so this isn't a bad time. Plus, if they come today, I can actually see them on Saturday night or Sunday, when I get back home. We leave again Monday morning for two weeks, so if they aren't there by then, I will probably not get to see them when they are brand new.

#233 of 237 Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 AM

shesaidboom - I agree with renavoo - what you're experiencing is totally normal. Sucky, but normal. I think we all have our days of serenity, and our days when every little thing seems to be a reminder that we are "broken." I think it sounds like everything you're doing to try to combat that feeling is good. But I think sometimes, we just have to let ourselves feel what we feel, and accept it. Not necessarily embrace it, per se - I don't think deciding that being angry or sad is just who you are and will never change is good. But taking some time to cry, and to just talk to someone about the fact that this hurts, that it upsets you - those are good things. For me, I find it helpful to talk things out with dh sometimes, but I have to remind him that this is a "listening" problem, not a "fixing" problem. I don't really need him to try to figure out what the next step is, or why (cosmically speaking) we haven't been blessed with a baby yet, or anything else. Just listen and acknowledge that this is difficult, that it is frustrating. I don't know if that would help you, but maybe. Alternately, you can write all your angry/sad/upset feelings down on a piece of paper, and then burn them. However, if you do this, it is best to have some sort of fireplace, or to do it over the sink. If you use a candle, you will suddenly find yourself holding a burning piece of paper in your hand that is about to set you on fire and is already starting to set your nice lacy doily under the candle on fire. (Don't ask me how I know this. winky.gif) And of course, you can always vent to us. hug.gif Hope you get good results at your ultrasound today!

brichole - Glad you had a nice time off! It must be kind of rough having both girls with December birthdays!

AFM, another booooring 9-11 DPO. (Well, minus the SIL news.) I'm leaning more toward 9, actually, from the looks of my chart. It's definitely 9 or 10, not 11, but I'm throwing it out there because it was one of the options FF gave me. I will probably POAS Saturday morning, but I don't have high hopes. Still zero on the symptom-meter. I'm actually kind of expecting my temp to drop tomorrow. In fact, the only reason I really think it was up today was because I slept really poorly last night. But we will see what happens. I'm feeling re-conflicted about the BCPs. Yes, I want to lose weight, but my body is finally cycling on its own, and I don't want that to stop. Plus, I actually ovulated around 35, ten days earlier than either of my previous Os this year. It's probably wishful thinking, but I'm hoping my cycle might get down to some more reasonable length, and actually be... cycle-y. Y'know, like recurring at a somewhat regular interval? Anyway, we will see!

#234 of 237 Old 12-01-2011, 11:52 AM

Just heard from my brother. SIL is going home, as contractions aren't regular enough yet. Glad they didn't decide to just induce her since she was there, but a little bummed for no babies today. But it's good for them to keep cooking a little longer!

#235 of 237 Old 12-02-2011, 02:12 AM

Monkey, awwww it would have been great news if you got to play with your SIL's twins. I know that means you won't get to see them for a couple of weeks (unless she gives birth by Sunday!) but I'm sure that they are looking forward to meeting their aunt!

Day 10 today! When are you going to test? Did your temp stay up? In terms of BCPs, I really don't like bcps anymore just because it screwed up my schedule royally. I didn't really get back on track until more than 1 year after stopping BCPs. I think that they are good for a temporary time but if you're cycling regularly, maybe you may want to rethink going on them for just a little while?

Brichole, yah to a netbook at home. haha i'm sure you will have to PRY your DD off the computer. I still think about how I had no idea about computers when i was young. Now, 5 year olds are more proficient at computers than I will ever be! I hope getting your af doesn't interfere with the party too much!

Ok, I'll be back to catch up with everyone some more later. Until then, have a happy Friday and I hope everyone gets a great start to the weekend!

love.gif

#236 of 237 Old 12-02-2011, 05:11 AM
rcr

monkey - I second Rena about the BCP. It screwed up my cycle royally before, and took a long time to get it back. Sorry the baby didn't arrive in time for you to see it.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#237 of 237 Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Whoops, I just realized I forgot to do this yesterday - new thread is up!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337882/december-2011-infertility-one-thread/0_100#post_16771941

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page