~ NOVEMBER 2011 INFERTILITY ONE THREAD ~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Please let me know if there are any changes/updates to make.

Trying to Conceive #1

Shesaidboom (27) TTC #1 since 2007. Struggling with PCOS. Currently undergoing 2nd IUI cycle using Femara, Ovidrel, and Progesterone Suppositories.

Cbaa2010 Cait & B (26) trying to add baby since 10/2010- Started IF testing in 8/2011, my main concern is spotting from O until AF, now to see what is next. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/caitylady

Sourire (29) DH (32) - TTC # 1 since August 2010 with short luteal phase.

Monkeyscience (27) and dh (25) TTC#1 w/ PCOS since 6/2010 - waiting till May 2012 for further intervention... praying.gif praying for some ovulation! chart1.gif

LuluRoo (28) TTC#1 since March 2011 after taking a break from TTC for a little while!!! Doing what I can to prepare for our first medicated cycle March 29th, 2011.

Renavoo  (35)  moved to graduates!!!!!!

Blueyezz4 TTC #1 (technically #4 - long story) since 2006; Moving on to our 3rd Fresh IVF in Oct. after 5 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF's and a failed FET.  Hoping & praying for a miracle. Mother to our twins boys - lost at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 and another little angel in heaven lost at 8wks!

deborahbgkelly (30) moved to graduates!!!!!!

JodiAriel  Jodie (33) married to Jay (31)  TTC#1 with PCOS, male viscosity issued, low progesterone.

Catheleni35, TT#1. Male factor issues and consult with RE in November.

Chicajones  (27) DH(30) TTC#1 since June 2010. Just diagnosed with PCOS. Limited insurance/finances so we're going to try Femera then just try natural therapies if that doesn't work. Also adivsed that I have IR problems.

Trying To Conceive #2

MammaBird (42), TTC #2 since 7/2010, one early loss in 10/10.  I've had 4 unsuccessful cycles with Femara and IUI (two with Follistim), and am now seeing an acupuncturist.  Unexplained infertility.

RCR TTC #2 since December 2007. One failed IVF, three failed medicated IUI cycles (follistim, menipur, and gannirelix). Planning a few more IUIs, then back to IVF if those don't work. Thankful every day that we have great infertility insurance coverage. Severe MF, poor egg quality, one early loss in July 2010.

Gozal (33) trying for number 2 since 2009. Finally diagnosed with prolactinoma after extended breastfeeding; PRL levels normal 4/11; ectopic pregnancy 6/11; doing monitored natural cycles for now and Clomid if needed.

Tinymama TTC#2. Male IF issues (poor count/quality/motility).

Trying To Conceive #3

zanelee TTC#3 for almost 5 years now. Secondary IF due to cervical cancer surgery. Had extensive endo removed and cervix manually dialated (so dh's boys could get in!) in late fall of 2010, and now trying on our own for a few months. Can't decided whether or not to start clomid. Praying for a miracle!

Brichole1214 Brandy (27) DH (31) taking a break in between our little precious bundle who came to us December 6th, 2010.  Planning on starting out TTC venture again in Septmeber 2011 since it took us 31 months to get pregnant with her and technically took me 5 years of off and on TTC to finally get pregnant.  I don't wanna wait too long!!!!  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/158654

Those TTC who have not posted a Blurb

babymc

yoyonana

RosieL

Silverbird

fierrbug

rhiandmoi

aprilmom

wendlynn

lydiah

hope4light

jenger

tryingfortwo

wallabi

gale

cassnbeth

mindfulmomma

emski4379

kyliel

moonfireglow

Taking a Break

Milletpuff

Graduates(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

Tantylynn, Kaydove, Brichole1214, Sweet.Bee, Lega, NishaG, Kewpie80, Tear78, ValH, Lesliesara63, no5no5, Minkajane, EastbayK, Grapesbunch, thtr4me, alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, livelovelaugh, Renavoo, Tenzinsmama, deborahbkelly

Losses...Missing In Action

First Shot Photo

Stretch358

InGodsHands

Simplymere

Indianagrl

Victorian Patch

lovebug

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/delete/change in your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated! love.gif Weekend Wrap-Up: Name:Age:TTC #:CD:DPO (if applicable):Testing:Trying Since:Plan for this Cycle:Link to Chart (if applicable):Thoughts:

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#2 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Okay guys, here is the hopefully-best-ever-November thread! I hope I did it right! Please let me know if anything needs correcting. I am all excited about my thread-hosting duties.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#3 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 09:55 AM

Thank you so much for starting the new thread . I hope this is the month for all of our bfp's!!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#4 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 11:18 AM

Here is my update: IVF scheduled: retrieval 11/2, transfer 11/7. We find out if we were successful on 11/18. Fertility issues: me- Endo, hypothyroid and diminished ovarian reserves. Thanks for starting this Gozal!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#5 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 AM

Weekend wrap-up (a day late): Deborah Kelly; TTC #1 since February 2011; Plan for this cycle: IVF! Testing/results: 11/18. Thoughts: I'm quite nervous about the procedure, but really excited. It's especially great that we'll find out whether the procedure worked just a few days before my mom comes to visit for Thanksgiving :-).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#6 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 02:07 PM

gozal - Thanks for starting the thread! Would it be possible to change my blurb to..

shesaidboom (27) TTC #1 since 2007. Struggling with PCOS. Femara, daily monitoring, and IUI this cycle, and hoping for good news!"

Seeing brichole and renavoo in the graduates is making me smile so hard.

brichole - thank you! thank you! thank you! you've made me feel so much better. I think you're right about it being break through bleeding as well because it is very, very light today. I don't need to wear a pad, I just notice it when I wipe. Hopefully that's all it is and this cycle can continue just fine. My leading follicle is growing ever so slowly.

deborah - Thinking good thoughts for you. I'm hoping to hear about a BFP on 11/18!

These were my numbers today..

estrogen 118, LH 13, progesterone 8...13 follicles on the right with one leading follicle at 15mm, 11 follicles on the left all under 1cm.

Yesterday was:

estrogen 68, LH 15, progesterone 5...13 follicles on the right with one leading follicle at 14mm, 11 follicles on the left all under 1cm.

Weekend Wrap-Up: 

Name: Nikki

TTC #: 1

CD: 10

Trying Since: 2007

Plan for this Cycle: Femara, daily monitoring, Ovidrel trigger and IUI

Thoughts: nervous, but hopeful!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#7 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 02:19 PM

Thanks!

#8 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Gozal, THANK YOU for starting the thread! I'm going to keep stalking until you and the other ladies get your BFP!! Which, as we said, should be by the end of the year! biggrinbounce.gif

Shesaidboom, WOW, you are responding ultra well to Femara, it seems. I know there is a lead follicle on the right but how were the others looking? It looks like you'll have at least one follicle to trigger although probably more as the others catch up. This is very exciting! let us know how things go tomorrow.

Gozal, Monkey, Brichole, updates? How are you ladies doing??

Deborah, good luck on your ER/ET

Ok I'm so tired so it's time to sleep. haha i feel so old. :o)

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#9 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm back! I was so happy to see Renavoo MOVED TO GRADUATES!!!!! While I was gone! So excited for you lady!!!

I hope that there is more goodness to follow this month.

Name:Cait

TTC #:1

CD: 24

DPO (if applicable): I'm 11 DPO

Testing: not sure if I plan on testing... probably not since I've been spotting... for 9 days

Trying Since: over a year ago- the line is kinda fuzzy...

Plan for this Cycle: RE tomorrow to figure out just that...

Link to Chart (if applicable):  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/caitylady

Thoughts: I literally feel nothing. If not for the fact I have been spotting for 9 days, I would not believe AF is going to be here in 2 days. My breasts are sore and tender like always, but usually by this point I've been twingy/crampy/back pain/bloated/peeing a lot/hot flashes/insomnia... I wonder if it was the RRL tea or the decaf green tea I was drinking daily the first half of my cycle, or maybe it was just going on vacation and throwing this cycle to the birds. I have my RE appt tomorrow to followup on my clomid challenge and to see what the plan is for next cycle (Thursday).

Thanks for the new thread Gozal! I've got high hopes for all of us this month!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#10 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

This is fun, guys! I updated and everything. 

Deborah, I'm so glad to know it's a go! So very exciting. I'm hoping hard for you.

shesaidboom, I'm not personally familiar with the protocol you're doing so I have no business saying this wink1.gif, but I had the same thought at Brichole when I read through your levels and the number of follicles...they just all sound great. I had a feeling it was some kind of breakthrough bleeding. And then with your recent levels just 24 hours later, it sounds like you are doing great. But I'm still sending out tons of good thoughts for you.

Renavoo - well, yeah, you're tired...you know...'cause you're PREGNANT!!! I am over the moon for you, seriously. I just love seeing you in the graduates!

Brichole, remind me when you're testing so I can check in obsessively, okay?!

AFM, I'm going tomorrow morning (cd12) to have levels drawn. They're not doing u/s this time, I don't know why. Maybe they have enough data on me that they can guess how close I am to ovulating from my E2? I've been getting a nice fade-in thing going on on my OPKs over the last 3 days, so hopefully I'm gearing up for a nice, normal o day this cycle. I also went ahead and bought a pineapple so I could try eating the core on 1-5dpo this cycle. Why not, right? I wish I could stop feeling discouraged, though. I don't know what's with me. Oh, and we are still crunching the numbers on our house...I'm trying to stay excited and hopeful about that too.

#11 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 PM

Thanks all! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow- but boy am I ready to get these eggies out of me!

#12 of 237 Old 11-01-2011, 11:07 PM

Also, I am no longer on DHEA as it is dangerous to baby if I am successful, so you should take that off my blurb.

#13 of 237 Old 11-02-2011, 11:26 AM

Gozal: I'm testing next week sometime....depending on if my typical pre-period spotting starts. If it does I probably won't even test...i can't look at another BFN. They r too depressing.

Renavoo: I really hope you got the BFP ball rolling for us :-) we need LOTS of baby dust this month!

Shesaidboom: I led with just 1 follicle when I got my bfp and it was only at 19 two days before trigger and it took me FOREVER to finally start responding to the meds. Next time I'm not on my phone I'll repost my successful cycle. I've posted it before but it's been several months since i have. I think you might feel betr about your cycle if u can read it. :-)

Deborah : thinking about you today...i hope all goes well!

Afm: I'm on cd18 and about 5dpo I think this has been the longest 2 wks of my life! No real symptoms other than right side cramping and nipple sensitivity. I've passed the earliest I usually spot so now I have to wait 4 or 5 more days to pass my longest day! I can tell my temp is elevated because my normal tmp is 97.6 with a regular thermometer and it's been really close to 99 lately. That was one sign I was pregnant last year!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#14 of 237 Old 11-02-2011, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Looks like I've evaded the trigger once again. This morning I went for b/w and u/s...lining 9.5mm, one follicle on my exotic left ovary at 18mm...left with instructions to trigger tomorrow evening. Then, what the heck, POAOPK this afternoon at 1, and blaring +.  Before I have a chance to call the RE, she calls me and says my b/w shows the beginning of an LH surge, so go ahead and get busy. So, yeah. Here we go. Again.

#15 of 237 Old 11-02-2011, 01:54 PM

brichole - thanks so much! I'm having so much trouble looking at these results since I'm not sure how to read them and I'm not told anything other than what the next step is. Looking at yours would definitely help. Thanks for being willing to share. I hope the higher temp you're experiencing is a good sign! I'm thinking good things for you.

gozal - that's so frustrating! I'm sorry you missed your trigger.

AFM, these were my results today..

estrogen 125, LH 9, progesterone 6...13 follicles on the right with one leading follicle at 16mm and the rest all under 1 cm, 11 follicles on the left all under 1 cm

Still bleeding, a lot heavier than spotting but much lighter than a period. More b/w and u/s tomorrow morning. 1mm growth each day for that little follicle. Hopefully I can trigger soon because I am so tired of spending at least an hour (although Monday it was more than two!!) at the lab. Even when I show up 15 minutes before they open, I'm number 10 or so and there is often only one person doing the u/s. The lady doing the blood work this week has been awful. Yesterday she blew out a vein in each arm so she took blood from my hand. Today she started with one hand and that didn't work, tried the arm again and that didn't work, and she finally got the other hand okay. I come out of that place covered in bruises, cotton balls, and tape! I honestly never imagined how hard the fertility treatment process would be, and this is only my first cycle! When she referred me, my GP said "they give you medicine to make you ovulate and then tell you when to have sex". I wish it were that easy! I know most of you have been through a lot more than me and it breaks my heart even more now that I've gotten a look into this. I'm praying this is our only cycle because I cannot do this again. I'm praying this is the last cycle for all of us because we get those BFPs!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#16 of 237 Old 11-02-2011, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Sorry for the radio silence. I have been skimming, but not feeling up to replying. I've been very busy helping SIL, and just in a very bad mental place about TTC. I am probably going to stick to minimal time around here for awhile, at least until I can get to a better place emotionally.

For right now, after meeting with a new OB/GYN, dh and I are starting on the South Beach diet. I'm about 20% through the book, and a lot of it makes sense to me, though there are parts of it that give me pause. (Dr. didn't put dh on the diet, just me, but dh has also chunked up a lot recently and it'll be a lot easier if we do it together.) Also, assuming I ovulate at some point in the next couple of months and don't get pregnant, I'll be starting BCPs to help me lose weight and to get my testosterone under control, with a recommendation I may or may not take to do Clomid when we're ready to get aggressive with TTC. This doc was the first to actually explain to me why BCPs could help with PCOS. Basically, it shuts down a whole signalling pathway that leads to egg development, but also leads to testosterone production. Also, it causes the body to produce more SHBG, which basically soaks up a lot of the testosterone in the blood stream. Because it shuts down FSH production as part of the whole signaling shutdown, it actually causes the ovaries to make more FSH receptors, making them more responsive to FSH for awhile after the BCPs are stopped.

I'm still kind of hoping for a pregnancy this cycle (I'm on CD15 today, and actually using OPKs this time), but I think I'm okay with the BCPs if it doesn't happen. At least it takes out the wondering if I'm pregnant, wondering if I'm ovulating uncertainty in my life. And if I can lose weight, that will only improve my fertility. Not that I'm too badly overweight - my BMI is about 26, but I'm 20 lbs heavier than I've ever been in my life, prior to a year or so ago. I will definitely like myself better if I can drop 25-30 lbs.

In the meantime, hope everything goes fantastically for everyone else, and I'll post more when I'm less busy and morose. (Though spending time with my niece and SIL is generally quite good for my mood!)

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24******32***36***40** Oct 2014
#17 of 237 Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Rough go of it today. They had to stop my retrieval because I vomited a couple of times and aspirated. They sent me to the emergency room. They did get two eggs before that happened, but the doctor and I were both pretty shaken up. It seems that the two they got were mature though since they gave me a new protocol to follow that includes ET (still scheduled for the 7th).

#18 of 237 Old 11-03-2011, 04:46 AM

Brichole, I'm shedding baby dust like tinkerbell :o) I just want you all to get a BFP!!! As for your signs, I didn't have any signs except for nipple sensitivity and it wasn't until what would be around day 8-9 for you ladies (assuming a 5dt, I didn't get symptoms until 3-4 days afterwards.) So I'm hopeful for you!!!

Deborah, I hope you're feeling better :o(

Monkey, sniff...I'm sorry that you're feeling so down as well. I am happy that you have a contingency plan in place...sometimes it's best to just think of yourself for a while. It's a good think that you are taking the time to just relax, get back to a point in your life where you felt better about yourself. I certainly hope that you get pregnant this month, but if not, I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you anyway!! hug.gif

Gozal, haha yah to evading the trigger!! i am so excited for you because you now know that you have a follie just waiting to be fertilized!! And you lining is nice and thick. IT'S BFP TIME!! orngbiggrin.gif

Shesaidboom, I think the best thing is that the estrogen is increasing, which is what they always looked for with my ivf cycle. So YAH to that! Are you measuring your lining too? By the way, NO WAY is IVF even more difficult than your protocol. Just as an example...I had to start getting monitored day 5 during my IVF cycle. Then they waited 2 days between visits. towards the end, I had to go in every day but that was only for about 3 days...definitely not even close to the amount you had to go in. And the worst part is that it got progressively more painful to give blood because the veins were sooo exhausted already. I just can't even imagine how you're doing because the person keeps wasting your veins by sticking them incorrectly! I'm so sorry :o(

If you have to do this again, I think you should ask for the less aggressive monitoring...I really don't understand why they feel the need to do this unless they are truly just trying to study your cycle. When I was on clomid and femara, as i told you, I literally got, at most, a couple of ultrasounds and then the trigger shot when the follies looked ready. That was it. You're doing a modified IVF cycle without the IVF aspect. Do you have to pay for every visit?! Sorry, I just feel bad for you, what with the time and expenses, if you have to pay for every monitoring session! I'm praying for a BFP for you this time so you don't have to go through the pain again. And it'll be worth it when you finally get your beautiful baby!!

Cbaa, wow, spotting for 9 days? huh, some people do spot when they get pregnant... :o) maybe the RE will be telling you some good news today? Hey, a girl can hope, can't she? :o) Let us know how your visit goes. I agree with you...I think it's going to be a great month with a lot to be thankful for. :o)

Happy thursday, everyone! I hope everyone is doing well and I just wanted to let you ladies know that I was thinking of you all!

love.gif

#19 of 237 Old 11-03-2011, 05:19 AM

I'm feeling much better, but still planning on taking it as easy as possible today.

#20 of 237 Old 11-03-2011, 06:19 AM

So much to say....where to start!!!

Deborah:  I hope that you are able to rest and get to feeling better!! I hope that the 2 eggs they were able to get fertilize perfectly and you are able to have a bambino or 2 growing in your womb soon!!!

Gozal:  I hate that you didnt' get to trigger but YAY for your body responding on it's own! Just think that's less drugs that have to be put in your body! I hope that you and DH were able to get in a good BD or two in yesterday!!!

Monkeyscience:  I am sending out big hugs and I hate that you are feeling down right now.  I hope you are able to be in a better place soon emotionally. :)  You know we all will miss you while you are taking your short break from here...and know that we always think about you!!! I hope your SIL is doing well also.

Renavoo:  Thank you so much!!! I need a personal Tinkerbell right now!!! 

Shesaidboom:  I'm going to attach the list of my BFP cycle after I write to say that I agree with Renavoo about how important it is that your estrogen is rising!!!   That is a good thing! Also I thought i had included my lab results on the list but i didn't and i have no clue where i put them at home but this is what we did with monitoring and medication wise! 

CD1 ~ 02/18/10
CD2 ~ 02/19/10 ~ HAD B/W AND U/S ~ nurse said too many folicles left over from the OHSS cycle and would have to wait three weeks to be rechecked!!!
CD23~ 03/12/10 ~ HAD B/W AND U/S ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur(injectable)
CD24~ 03/13/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD25~ 03/14/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD26~ 03/15/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD27~ 03/16/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD28~ 03/17/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (HAD BREAK THRU BLEEDING)
CD29~ 03/18/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur
CD30~ 03/19/10 ~ B/W U/S ~ 2 follicles continue Menopur inj 112IUs (obstained from BDing)
CD31~ 03/20/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (obstained from BDing)
CD32~ 03/21/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (obstained from BDing)
CD33~ 03/22/10 ~ U/S and B/W ~ 4 follicles ready (3 on right 1 on left) injected 35IUs of Menopur and DTD
CD34~ 03/23/10 ~ Ovedrill trigger this AM
CD35~ 03/24/10 ~ DTD again
CD36~ 03/25/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 1dpo)
CD37~ 03/26/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 2dpo)
CD38~ 03/27/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 3dpo)
CD39~ 03/28/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 4dpo)
CD40~ 03/29/10 ~ Trigger shot is out of system ~ (around 5dpo)
CD41~ 03/30/10 ~ slightly light headed and emotional (around 6dpo)
CD42~ 03/31/10 ~ very tired and getting more light headed (around 7dpo)
CD43~ 04/01/10 ~ emotional wreck!!! And still very tired bb's hurt (about 8dpo)
CD44~ 04/02/10 ~ same as day before (around 9dpo)
CD45~ 04/03/10 ~ same as before can't handle spicy foods and VERY light headed while shopping for easter stuff.....took a FRER at 830 pm on around 10dpo and got a BFP!!!!
CD46~ 04/04/10 ~ Took another FRER and it's still positive at 11dpo and also got a "PREGNANT" on a CBE Digital!!!!

I really hope that you are able to keep going strong with this cycle!!!! Pulling for everyone!

AFM:  I'm about 6dpo and on CD19...AF usually shows up around CD25-28 so i only have a few more days before i know if at least my LP lengthened any this month!  I really hope that it is so long that I don't have another period for 9 months but HEY as long as I can get a longer LP i'll be happy!  I would be much happier with a BFP but what can I do if it's not?  I think i might try the pinnapple thing next month if this month is a no go!

#21 of 237 Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 AM

monkey - it's good to hear from you, but I'm sorry you're in such a bad place. I'm still hoping for a BFP this cycle for your too, but if not, you're right..at least it takes that uncertainty out of things. grouphug.gif

deborah - oh my goodness! Are you okay? I hope you weren't in the ER long. I'm glad they managed to get two mature eggs, but what a nightmare!

renavoo - I don't pay for the bloodwork/ultrasonds, thank goodness! The visits with the specialist are also covered. It's the medicine/procedures we pay for and then things like extra bloodwork and sperm testing. So far we've spent about $2000 (because we had to do all those tests in the beginning) and the IUI procedures will run another $700. I think they monitor everyone at the clinic so aggressively so they don't miss anything. If I do it again, I think I will ask about every second day instead of every day because it really is a lot. My lining isn't mentioned in the messages, so I'm not sure if they are measuring it, but it was 5mm on CD3. I don't know if all that bleeding would have effected it though. Thank you for the prayers! They are much appreciated.

brichole - thanks for the including your cycle. Even without the lab results, it is helpful! Still hoping this month is a go for you!

AFM, here are my results from today...

estrogen 202 (up from 125 yesterday), LH 9, progesterone 6 (both same as yesterday), 13 follicles on right side with one leading follicle at 19mm (grew 3mm since yesterday, go follie go!) all others under 1 cm, 11 follicles on left side all under 1 cm.

Dr says they are just waiting for me to surge, should be tomorrow or the day after. Hopefully tomorrow because then IUIs will be on sat/sun and dp can come with. Do you think I should get an OPK to see what it says? I'm kind of curious but I don't know if it's a waste or not. Also...bleeding stopped! 

#22 of 237 Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM

Good news- both eggies fertilized! Hoping they both make it to Monday for my transfer. Either way, my mom is coming to visit Sunday through Thursday and will be back for Thanksgiving. Yay!

#23 of 237 Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 PM

I was only in the ER for a couple of hours, but my blood sugar was a little low so I'm thinking that may be why I got so sick. They tell you not to eat before the surgery, but it may have backfired here.

#24 of 237 Old 11-03-2011, 03:06 PM

Hi, Gozal-

Will you please update my blurb?

MammaBird (42), TTC #2 since 7/2010, one early loss in 10/10.  I've had 4 unsuccessful cycles with Femara and IUI (two with Follistim), and am now seeing an acupuncturist.  Unexplained infertility.  No idea what we're doing this cycle -- waiting to hear back from RE.  Feeling defeated some days, but not giving up.  Renavoo's graduation is still fueling my hopefulness!  :-)

#25 of 237 Old 11-03-2011, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Deborah- sounds scary! I hope both are beautiful eggies on Monday and they are super sticky :) Feel better!

Brichole- fingers crossed!

monkey- sending happy thoughts, enjoy your time away. I have heard a lot of good things about South Beach Diet- I hope it is the answer for you!

Gozal- lucky lady evading the trigger again! Now you can test whenever you want (if you so choose). Enjoy your quality time with DH tonight!!

shesaidboom- glad to see progress! What CD are you on now? I just had one U/S last cycle before triggering, but they only do every other day if you do need more. Sorry they arent doing a good job with your veins!

AFM- The meds are exactly the same as last time- 50mg Clomid CD3-7, U/S & blood CD 12  (I think it is a day later this month b/c CD 11 is a Sunday), Ovidrel Trigger, IUI (That is new from last time), & Prometrium (instead of endometrin--- it is cheaper). I honestly don't even feel that hopeful since my first cycle on that was 'perfect' and didn't work. Sigh...  Today is CD1... no such luck with the spotting being implantation. The cramps really stink... I read in my paperwork I can only take tylenol & it just doesn't last long enough.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#26 of 237 Old 11-03-2011, 08:34 PM

deborah - glad to hear both eggs fertilized!! Now let's hope they're perfect and sticky on Monday!

cbaa - I'm on CD 12. I'm hoping to get the go ahead to trigger tomorrow. I know my veins would sure appreciate the break! Both arms and hands are bruised up right now. I'm so sorry the last cycle didn't work for you, I was really hoping it would. I hope this is the one for you, even if you're not feeling hopeful about it.

#27 of 237 Old 11-04-2011, 04:28 AM

Shesaidboom, I really hope you get the trigger today!!! I think you need the rest...and I hope it ends in a really bright BFP!! a 19mm follicle sounds great. By today, hopefully it's at least 21mm! During my cycles, the last few days always showed a growth spurt. I think it is because of the higher estrogen levels!

Cbaa, I'm sorry that you're feeling a little down about this cycle :o( I know it is difficult to get excited over and over again. When are you doing the IUI? 36 hours after trigger? In my experience, that is the best time to do it. For every one of my IUIs, I triggered 24 hours before and they ended up as BFNs. When i did my IVF cycle, they triggered 36 hours before (exactly!) and that was the perfect timing. If ever I was to do an IUI again, I would force them to allow me to trigger 36 hours before, even though we have to do the shot ourselves.

Mammabird, YAH! Don't feel defeated! I'm glad if I can give you even a little hope. it will happen! What CD are you? Are you doing anything besides acupuncture? During my FET cycle, I did acupuncture before and after the transfer because there are studies that suggest it helps! So if you are tracking ovulation, maybe get extra acupuncture sessions about 5-6 days after ovulation? Also, pineapple core, although not as tasty as the meat of the pineapple, is said to help with implantation. So ladies, it may all be an old wives tale but really, it can't hurt to eat some pineapple core around the time implantation could be happening!

Brichole, how are you feeling?

Ladies, TGIF!! Big hugs!!

grouphug.gif

love.gif

#28 of 237 Old 11-04-2011, 04:35 AM

Thanks all!

#29 of 237 Old 11-04-2011, 06:13 AM

Shesaidboom:   You're welcome!! YAY for that follicle growing so fast in one day!!! SUPER FOLLIE!!!!  I would go ahead and get a couple of opks and start peeing lol...just in case.  I know that they will be testing your blood for the surge but i would go ahead and test too!!! I hope that your IUI works and you're able to do it sat/sun....mainly because you're dp will be able to be there with you and I know support from your significant other is a different kind of support you get than from a friend.

Cbaa:  It's so good to see you back!! Thank you so much!! I really hope this is my month.  Mainly because I got the paper work in for my Breast reduction surgery yesterday to schedule my blood work in January (why they sent it now and not in like i don't know JANUARY is beyond me!! Now i have to keep up with these orders for 2 1/2 months!!!)  Anyways, i think it would be great to be able to call them and say "Hey, i'll have to put this off another year because i've got a baby on the way :)"  

Renavoo:  My boobs are hurting SOOOOOOO bad it's not even funny.  I wish i could just take this bra off but 1) i'm working with the only guy we have working on days and 2) the commander for the arsenal will be here at 100 today so i don't figure i need to be letting the 38F girls flying free with him here lol.  I also woke up and thought "HEY i'll take my temp again this morning" Yesterday it was 98.00 and today it was 98.06.  It's usually aroud 96.5 when my cycles start out so I think this is a good sign!!! I'm trying NOT to read into this stuff too much though.  It all could just be AF about to show up that is causing the pain...but my hips have been killing me lately and my uterus feels "heavy".  BLAH, why do i even have to think about signs?  I'm thinking about going and getting several pregnancy tests from the $tree and start peeing on one or two a day until AF shows up or i get a line!!! I am really hoping to get those two lines though!!!

mammabird:  Hugs!!! So sorry for the failed cycles!! I hope that your RE is able to find you a plan that works soon!! Maybe by the end of November none of us will still have to be here....i would LOVE It if at least by the end of the year we were all over in a DDC!!!!!

#30 of 237 Old 11-04-2011, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Mammabird, I updated you, but let me know if I didn't put up the right parts!

Deborah - ack, sorry to hear about your ER experience. You seem to be handling it super calmly and well! Awesome about your two embryos. Wishing you a great transfer!

Monkey, I'm sorry you're in the bad place right now. I don't like that bad place and I like it even less when one of "my" peeps has to do time down there. I can't tell you how much I wish you get out of there fast. It sounds like BCPs really are a good option for you, if you have to wait out a few months. Don't forget to do something for yourself while you're lining up those ttc ducks, though, okay? Something you've been wanting to do for a while. It doesn't matter how long you need to be away, I'll be thinking of you and hoping you are doing okay.

shesaidboom, I know it. I do. My arms are full of scar tissue from my every-48-hour blood draws back in June. I have to reassure the nurses: it's not you, it's me! because they get flustered trying to do my b/w. Here is the thing: you possess more strength and perseverance than you know. I promise. If someone had told me a year ago what this past year would bring, I think I would have passed out cold. But I didn't know, so I just went through it, one step at a time. You can do this. (Unless you don't want to, and then you will find the strength to make peace with it.)

cbaa, I was just wondering how you're doing! I hear you, knowing that those "perfect" cycles don't work out is a real hope-killer. That maybe more than anything else, because what can I try if everything seems optimal? I try to remind myself, though, that that's normal. I mean, the most optimally fertile women still make 2 bad eggs for every 5 ovulations (according to my medical degree from Google University). So I am going to be hopeful for you. Plus just look at our Renavoo! 

AFM, so yeah, not having to trigger is a good thing, in my case. The RE wants me ovulating no later than cd15; bascially the trigger is a way to increase my chances if I need it. (Although DS was a late ovulation, so...)

However...here I am on cd15 and I haven't seen a good temp shift yet. I sometimes have slow rises, but I'm a little weirded out that today's temp is 97.72, down from 97.75 yesterday. It's like it started to rise and faltered. Clearly neg OPK this morning, so either I geared up and didn't or it'll rise tomorrow. UGH. I just want to know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page