Winter IVF Thread : Bring on the BFPs! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1307 Old 12-17-2011, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Monte- I was also thinking you quite possibly have twins in there with those numbers!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#422 of 1307 Old 12-17-2011, 01:09 PM

Vegan- Yes, follicles are important, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I only had 5 and they only managed to remove 2 before I went to the emergency room and I got 2 babies out of it. So, yes, you want to know, but the entire protocol determines success, not just the number of follicles.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#423 of 1307 Old 12-17-2011, 01:22 PM

Deborah: Thanks for telling me that! It does make me feel better. And I have seen a few women lately who only had a few follicles but ended up pregnant. Hopefully whatever I do have is good quality!

Blue: By avoiding I mean the trusty ol' pull out method. DH has a low count so I'm pretty sure it's highly unlikely we would have an "oops" from it. 

Praying: Glad to have a cycle buddy!! Yay! How long are you on lupron before you start stims? It's about a week too, right? Any guess when your retreival will be?

Off to bake cookies...

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#424 of 1307 Old 12-17-2011, 04:02 PM

That's exactly right- quality over quantity!

#425 of 1307 Old 12-17-2011, 05:43 PM

Monte, I know you can't compare betas, but mine was 208 at 15dpo, so I am going to add to the twin guess list!!!!  Congratulations!

Praying & Vegan, yay for cycle buddies!  You guys are getting so close!!!!!! 

Blue, so will you be able to get in contact with your RE if the consult gives you information or a protocol change suggestion?  I hope you can work something simple into your protocol that will up your chances!  I would be really pissed too, if a simple drug could have saved all the money & heartache of extra IVF cycles!  I can't wait to hear what you find out!!!  Super jealous about your snow :)

rcr, hope all is well with you!

Laggie, thinking about you!!!

Deborah, I hope you got your flu shot and have a new form of estrogen that is working!

AFM, spent the whole day baking (not as much fun with constant nausea) for our Christmas party at work this week.  I am so jealous about everyone having their shopping done.  I started super early, like September, and became a little complacent that I had such a head start, and now I have several last minutes errants and all my wrapping to do!!!  Ugh.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#426 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 04:13 AM

Monte, i'm hoping that you have twins. haha it would be great to have another person expecting double bundle of joys! When is your US?

Belly, ugh to the ms. How are you feeling? Is the zofran working? It will pass soon. My nausea is almost gone and the funniest thing now is that I'm starting to lose weight a bit because I don't have to eat as much anymore to reduce the nausea. It's only a little weight but I feel better :o)

Vegan, I'm a huge fan of acupuncture and pineapple core, just because I did those on my cycle. However, I also did them on my negative cycle but seriously, I don't see how it could be bad so I think that it's a great thing to do. i echo everyone else...quality, not quantity is the most important thing!

Praying, I definitely understand what you mean about ttcing taking the fun out of BDing. DH and i went through the same thing and the worst of it is that we also felt very bad on both sides when it ended up that we couldn't do the deed at what might have been a crucial moment. Although the more I think of it now, considering how many times we DID BD at the crucial moments, I doubt we would have gotten pregnant anyway! But anyway, I hope that you find that things go better! Also, what a great office you are in! They are so wonderful to give you a heads up like that to protect your privacy. That is definitely a sign of a great RE's office. It's such a difficult, personal time as it is so only the people you want to know about it should know about it. 

Blue, I'm excited about your doctor calls. It will be great to hear what they both think and to just arm yourself with more information. I really hope that it will be as simple as adding something on. I know it will make you upset because of all the wasted time and heartache but I can't wait until you're pregnant!

I am so excited about the holidays too!  I think i'm the same way as Blue too though. Our families don't really exchange gifts so it ends up that we just spend time together which is the best. But it doesn't really feel like it's this ultra celebration. I think it'll change when we  have our babies. The best part of the holidays are the wonder, i think!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! I have a busy one because I'm helping my brother out at his basketball tournament (he's a high school girl's basketball coach) and i'll be the photographer. It'll be a long day but I'm looking forward to helping out and being a little active. i guess that means I'm slowly getting over the worst part of the fatigue!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#427 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 08:34 AM

Belly- The RE thinks I won't need any Estrogen supplementation based on my previous numbers. We are double checking Monday, but if they've stayed high, then yay! Otherwise, not sure what they'll do since I'm allergic to blue dye which is why we didn't do the pill form in the first place. Perhaps they'll find a natural form or something. 

#428 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Blue  - good luck with both appointments tomorrow. I'll answer your question about when I start stims in my AFM.

AFM - I guess I am excited about the holidays. I have 3 weeks of work, so that is the best part. We aren't christian, but we do do presents because that seems like it is more of an American (+ other countries) thing than a religious thing. DS really wants a tree, and we don't have one, but I may get him one just because he wants one so bad. He doesn't really know what they are all about. He was the baby Jesus in his xmas play at school (a private school, so they do teach about religion), which was funny because every other kid is christian except us, so of course he was jesus. He was so cute though. He practiced his one line all week ("I am the reason for Christmas day").

I have an office visit scheduled for 12/28 for my supression check. If all is well I will start microdose lupron on 12/30 and do just lupron for two days, and then start stims on 1/1. What a good way to bring in the new year! My tenative egg retrieval is 1/10 - 1/13, depending on how I stim. BUT, since I have used up one of my IVF tries and have three more, I told the RE that I don't want to "waste" another try if this cycle is not looking good, so she officially has this cycle called "IUI with option to convert to IVF," and we will only do IVF if I have a certain number of follies and a certain kind of bloodwork that looks good (I forgot the specifics, but it is written in my records). That way my insurance won't count it as an IVF try if we decide to do IUI because things aren't looking good.

I will be on something called Dexamethasone for this cycle. Has anybody ever heard of that? It is some kind of pill but thats all I know.

Sorry for the lack of personals. I was reading along all weekend, but I forgot what I was going to say to everybody.

Monte - added you to the winter BFP list! Nice work on the beta! You must be happy about that number!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#429 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 09:31 AM

RCR- I was on the dexamethasone. Don't know exactly what it's for, but I figure my RE sure knew what she was doing!

#430 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 09:34 AM

I imagine it's somehow related to making the uterine lining ripe for implantation.

#431 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 09:48 AM

RCR:  dexamethasone is a type steroid (glucocorticoid), which is very similar to the steroid prednisone (a corticosterioid).  Probably being used as an immunosuppressant.  Sounds like you are going to be cycling with me and Vegan!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#432 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 01:33 PM

RCR: We are on the exact same schedue! How awesome you have coverage for IVF! I'm so jealous!! I am also going to be taking dex.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#433 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 02:36 PM

Hi all wave.gif

This thread moves so fast forgive me if I don't metion everyone.

Monte: congrats on your beta numbers, let us know if it is twins!

Blue: good luck for appoinmnets I hope you finally get some answers.

Hope all you pregant ladies are going well and morning sickness is giving you a break.

rcr: glad things are moving on for your cycle I hope you get a good result whether IUI or IVF.

AFM: Appoinment went well.  They have recomened a short flare protocol and DHEA because of my AMH.  I've been booked in for egg collection week of the 20/2/12!  They recon I'm low risk for OHSS and twins (if I do SET) which is good although they are a little concered about getting me to respond to the drugs.  I'm going to try and arrange some accupunture.  I'm quiet please with the time frame.  I shall enjoy myself on over chirstmas then join the new years revolutioners and get health in Jan.

On the down side my boss is being really difficult about the time I've had off sick so hoping treatment won't cause me any difficulties or need to take time off sick.

I also had a bit of a tough time staying with some friends for the weekend.  It's hard seeing all the couple and kids when that is such a hole in my life. But it was nice cuddling the baby.

I'm pretty low key about chrsitmas this year but I think my Mum's going a lot of baking.

look after yourselfs everyone.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#434 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 04:38 PM

Silverbird: Great news! Yay! Remind me the details of short flare protocol? I knew it but forgot. What was your AMH? Have you had an antral follicle count? I think my AMH was about .65. There are 2 scales though.

Cindy

#435 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 06:13 PM

Vegan - how exactly do they do a follicle count?  I don't even think I have ever had one done so I was wondering.  It's a little late now, but just seems weird after all these years no one has done one on me as far as I know.

Silver - glad to hear you have got some things lined up.  Has to feel good to have a plan.  Sorry about your weekend being a little rough but I hope you tried to absorb all that positive baby energy holding that little one!!!  Do you think if you were honest with your boss it would help or no, is that

rcr - I have been on Dex. with all of my transfers.  I think it is like 5 days of it.  Glad to hear that you have some dates figured out.  Yay, for a plan!!!!  How cute that your DS was in a play.  I totally think you should get him a tree.  I think there are a lot of people that aren't believers that celebrate Christmas and have trees.  I even know a Jewish couple that have a tree b/c they just love the lights and how it looks.

Renavoo - how fun to be helping your brother out.  Hope it went well!!!!  Glad you sound like you are doing good.  How did your boss take the "grounding" when you told him??  I know you asked this on the other page, but I'll answer it here since I'm writing.  After we lost our boys we did like 3-4 more IUI's exactly the same, but i wasn't on prednisone ( i had been put on that at the time of the boys conception b/c of a sinus infection by an allergist b/c that was the only thing that help dec swelling to get my head to drain).  None of the drs (RE's) would listen to me when i mentioned that maybe that might help again. We did the exact same injectable protocol w/o the prednisone, but never got pregnant.  That is when we moved on to IVF and i told several RE's about the prednisone again and no one listened.  I really think that i could have been pregnant with this last IVF b/c it was the first time i really felt like i was and then the symptoms went away, so i wonder if maybe I could have been and then my immune system could have attacked it and then i never even got a BFP to show for it.  I also wonder with our first IVF if when we did get a BFP and then the baby disappeared but the sac kept growing if that might have been the same case.  That one test i had done just recently that came back positive basically shows that my immune system is attacking my thyroid and like 5 yrs ago i lost my gallbladder and that is kinda odd at such a young age and not being over-weight, so then i started to wonder if maybe my immune system could have affected that as well.  When i was younger I had these moles called halo nevis's which is where your immune system thinks the moles are foreign and attacks them and you get a white ring around them and then they totally disappear. and you are left with the white spot only  I also have been told that i am a glaucoma suspect (told this like 4 yrs ago when i turned 30) which is pretty young, so now i start to wonder could all this stuff be related to my immune system.  Kinda scary and I know you didn't really ask for all of that, but you got it anyways.  LOL!!!!  Now to just get someone to listen to me and see if they can figure it out and how to maybe get us pregnant if that could be the case.  Do I sound crazy?????????  I'm going to plead my case with the 2 drs tomorrow and we will see what kind of response i get.  I know the 2nd dr is big into immune issues so it will be interesting.  Sorry i just wrote a book!!!!! 

Belly - Thanks!!!!  I hope you got your baking and wrapping done.  I'm doing pretty good.  I normally don't have anything wrapped by now and i'm totally caught up i think.  I am super busy with work this week and the week after Christmas so i really need to be organized which I think has helped my cause.  I still have some stocking gifts to get though and then i think I'm done.  No, i'm not sure how i will go about changing anything since my RE is going on vac and i don't really think i will mention to him that i'm having a 2nd opinion after his call on the same day unless he brings it up.  DOn't think he knows but maybe.  I'd think that there must be some dr still in the office the next 2 wks so i may have to go through the nurses or something if there is anything that the other RE suggests that i think may be important.  I don't know.  I figure i will cross that bridge when/if i get there.  Figure i can't worry about it now.

Hi to everyone else as well!!  I Hope to check in some this week, but i know it is a crazy busy wk for me with work. I'll be reading all of your post from my phone as they all come in so i'll be here in spirit and try to pop in now and then in the evenings as able. 

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#436 of 1307 Old 12-18-2011, 06:23 PM

Blue: You've def had them. It's just when they do the internal ultrasound and look at your ovaries and count how many follicles they see. If you've done IVF already, they did the true antral follicle count at baseline (day 2). I've had them count how many they see, but never on day 2. It has always been later in my cycle. I think day 9 was the earliest, on one of my IUI cycles. So I am very curious to see what it will be at baseline. They've never seen more than 7 on the 5 times they've looked. Supposedly your antral follicle count on day 2 tells them how many they have to work with. Though I have heard of instances where someone has like 5 follicles on day 2 and the meds actually recruit MORE - so they end up with 7 follicles at retreival. So it's not set in stone. But in most cases you end up getting that number or fewer. Keep us posted after your consults tomorrow!

Cindy

#437 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 02:24 AM

Blue, oh my gosh, after your explanation, I can't understand how they DON'T take your immune reactions into consideration!! Perhaps you should go and visit an immunologist for a work-up. I'm wondering if an immunologist could give you a diagnosis that the REs would listen to. I am so frustrated that your many REs didn't listen to you by the way...that is really ridiculous. I hope that this new doctor is better and gives you an idea of what to do. What will you do if the new doctor suggests something and your current doctor does not follow through? I hope that it all works out anyway...you've been through so much and I just really want you to get your sticky bean! Let us know how your calls go today!

By the way, I'm with Vegan in saying that you definitely got a AFC done...I think it's a required part of a normal work up because they use it to predict how well you will respond to the different meds. Vegan, I've never heard about it being done after day 3 (I've always had it done within the first 3 days) but I did get a really funny comment from my US technician on one of my ultrasounds to check on the twins...she mentioned that she sees a lot of eggs and my ovary looks nice and healthy and young. Of course, my answer/question was "if they were so healthy, why did I have to go to IVF?" since DH has great results too. Of course, they never could pinpoint why I was infertile. Oh, by the way, I had a AFC of about 11-13 (I did the AFC at least 3 times) and during my stim cycle, I ended up with 23 eggs, all mature. So it's definitely possible to recruit more!

Silver, YAH to having a date!! joy.gif I am so excited for you! I'm sorry about your low AMH but I have a friend who had that and she is now pregnant (after IVF) with a baby girl. She actually was having issues responding initially but with a late response, ended up with 4 follies that she could see. And then, when they went in for the retrieval, she ended up with 8 eggs! So even if you initially have a low AMH, you definitely still have a good chance of responding. Hope that makes you feel better! As for your friends, I'm so sorry that seeing them was so bittersweet. I just can't wait until February, when hopefully, you'll have your BFP and be looking forward to holding your baby soon.

RCR, FINALLY! Yah! I'm so glad that you're finally on your way. And what a great idea to do this type of conversion cycle, if necessary! That is genius and so wonderful that your RE is agreeing to do it from the perspective of your insurance company. I feel like a lot of times doctors resent insurance companies so they will just do what makes it easier for them so you definitely have a great RE. She just needs better nurses. ;o)

Happy monday, everyone! it's the last week before the holiday vacation (I took the week between Christmas and New Years off) so I'm insanely excited for some quiet time with the DH! Yah!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#438 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 AM

Vegan: Sorry I missed you before I hope your doing well.  My AMH is 4.9 pmol/l on the ******* royal infirmary scale, which while not so low that it would be very doubtful if I'd respond (like bellow 2) Is really low for a 30 year old.  At my age they expect something like 15-38.  I'm not sure exactly of the short flare protocol but basically I don't down reg with BCP first.  I just do suppresion and stiulation all at the same time,  I think I'll be on Norithsteron, menapore ans suprecor (sp? for all drugs).  I'll no more when my drugs arrive.

Blue: Thanks yes I hope some baby dust has stuck.  My friend (the mothers) story is quiet intresting as she was told she was completly infertile leading to her first as a oopsy and a second which can't have take more than a month or two to concieve.  Isn't it mad how some people who are told they are infertile can conceive and some who are told there is nothing wrong can't? I really don't feel I can tell my boss.  If she upset becuase I'm greving and have gynogocly problems how can I tell her I'm also delibratly choosing medical procudres (which if it works will mean a whole year off!).  I'm planning on using annual leave and if anyone asks about the baby's father (postive thinking!) I'll say I don't want to talk about it. I really hope you get some answers.  it would be about time! And no your not crazy (though inferiltiy makes us all crazy sometimes).  Hope work goes OK.

Renvanoo: Thanks for being so excited for me.  It is good to finally have a date.  It's good to hear success storys, low AMH makes it less likely but I only need to get lucky once!  Have a lovely xmas with your dh.

AFM: sorry I just realised I wrote my EC date in English but you all new it wasn't in the 20th month right? (it's 20th Feb) Just booked some accupunture for 10th Jan!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#439 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 07:05 AM

Blue, (x-posted on gratduates thread) I really hope you get some answers today.  Is there anyway you could "fake" a non-IVF need for prednisone to your normal doctor :)  Haha, I am so bad!!!

Silver, yay for having a date!!!  It took me a minute to figure it out :)  I started with the 12 for the year and worked my way backwards! :)

Monte, don't forget to check out the graduate thread!!  Can't wait to hear how your second beta numbers are today!!

I am so excited for all you ladies that are getting close!!!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#440 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 07:40 AM

Thanks Belly, takes me ages to work out when you american are talking about!

#441 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 09:10 AM

Renavoo: So interesting to hear you ended up with so many more follicles than at baseline! Awesome! Not sure that will be possible on my low dose protocol, but so good to know!

Silver: I think I converted my .65 AMH to 4.64 on your scale (if the conversion I found is correct). So we're fairly similar there. I'll be very interested to see how your protocol works out for you! :-)

Monte: Good luck today!

Cindy

#442 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Vegan thats intreating that we have similar AMH.  Are you doing a long protocol with down reg? Is this your first treatment?

#443 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM

Silver: This is my 1st IVF. I'm doing estrogen priming and antagonist. Also a low dow protocol of stims. Femara (oral med) for 5 days, followed by 150 IU gonal-f until trigger. So no BCPs or lupron for me either. 

#444 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 10:33 AM

Hi all, I don't have time for personals but I did read back and I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well! I just got back my second beta and it was 568. Slightly more than double my first one. So that's good news, and maybe it won't be twins after all. DH is much relieved. I will have my ultrasound sometime Jan. 3-6, but the scheduling person was out for lunch so I haven't made the appointment yet.

I'm heading to Los Angeles for the holidays, so I probably won't have time to check in much over the next week. See you after!

Tess - Mom to Charlie (8/12/08)

#445 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi Ladies... thanks for asking about me... I'm just reading and lurking. I just want this year to be over, I feel like 2011 was NOT MY YEAR. Looking forward to something better in 2012.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#446 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 12:09 PM

Hello all!  I am back after a long hiatus.  DP and I have been going through IVF Treatment.  We were thrilled to find we were pregnant after our Sept FET but, sadly, I had a m/c at just over six weeks.  I went dormant for quite a while dealing with the grief.  However, after some encouraging words from our RE, we decided to move forward with another IVF cycle.  Our retrieval was on Friday.  We got 14 total eggs with 10 of them mature.  Of the 10 mature eggs, 9 fertilized.  My transfer (5 day) is scheduled for Wednesday.  I am meditating and trying to stay as calm as possible in preparation - not the easiest feat during this time of year.   

I am not the world's best at personals and/or frequent updates but wanted everyone to know that I do follow along and cheer and mourn with everyone here on this roller coaster of a journey.  Wish everyone peace and happiness as the holidays approach

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#447 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 01:17 PM

Monte: Are betas supposed to more than double if it's twins? Or would the already high number just continue to double at the same pace? Great number!

Alphahen: I'm so sorry for your loss! Good luck with this cycle! Sounds like it's going great so far! :-)

Cindy

#448 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

HI All:

Blue - wow, that is quite a lot. I mean, that thing about the white on your skin, and everything. Hope you got some answers with the new doc today. I can't wait to hear what he said.

Alpha - those are great fertilization results! nearly every mature egg fertilizing is amazing. Please do keep checking in and let us know how it turns out. I will be thinking of you.

Laggie - sorry. I hope a new year will be a new beginning for you.

Monte - good news about the doubling beta. Yay!!

Vegan and Silver - I wish I knew more about prototols. I am worried that my RE is not choosing the right protocol. I mean, how do they choose?

AFM - so, this protocol that I am doing has just a little less than 2 weeks of BCP because they don't want you to get over-suppressed. Since I have been on BCP so much lately, I am worried that I will be too suppressed for it to work. Do you think that the RE can tell if you are over-suppressed? I asked them if taking the BCP for two weeks, stopping for a week, and then starting again would have any affect on the IVF and they said "it shouldn't" which was less than convincing.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#449 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM

Real quick while I'm waiting for my 2nd phone consult I thought I'd update and will do personals later on.  Just gave Abby a rawhide bone hoping it would tie her over until after my phone call so she isn't being a pain and now it has been 36 mins and he hasn't called and she is done with the bone. Crap!!!!

Well, my phone consult this morning with my RE went really well!!!  He is such a nice guy and i finally feel like someone is listening to me.  I had told him my story about how my dermatologist just last week told me I was a walking Immune issue and how the white spots on my body left from my immune system attacking the moles that were there is a total immune issue and a lot of times people who have that will have thyroid issues later on in life. (can't remember if I put that on here or not).  I seriously thought she was physic or something.  He had never heard of that and said he wasn't aware of the mole issue in my case, but when I told him i was really worried that all of these things that have gone on makes me wonder if it is also affecting our fertility.  He is now putting me on prednisone 10 days before our transfer up until a pregnancy test.  He also told me (and some of you that have had recurrent IVF failures may want to ask your RE's about this) about this new study that has been done (Seems like all RE's are all up on their studies!) where like 10 mins before they do a transfer they put like a little drop or so of HCG on your uterine lining and then you wait and then do the transfer.  I guess it is a new study, but there is no harm in trying it.  He said that before the egg implants or when it implants, I forget, it releases hcg into your system which i guess helps w/ implantation.  So we are going to do that as well.  Now i feel kinda bad that i have this 2nd opinion call coming.  Oh well, i guess i'll pass these ideas by him and see what he thinks as... can't hurt.  I'll update on the 2nd phone call and do personals here a little later.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#450 of 1307 Old 12-19-2011, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Blue - I'm coming out of lurkdom to say I am SO glad you are finally being heard! I wouldn't feel bad about the second opinion. Doctors disagree all the time and it can't hurt to hear what they all have to say so you can make an informed choice, just as you said. I SO hope that they can figure out exactly what you need.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page