Winter IVF Thread : Bring on the BFPs! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We've spent $1100 on acupuncture, so not "free" ... :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 07:10 AM

Not free, but way less expensive than IUI or IVF! Congrats Mole!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#483 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 07:11 AM

In terms of keeping a baby in, I can't tell you for sure, but I would say just make sure to take it as easy as possible. It can't hurt and now is the time to pamper yourself.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#484 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 AM

Wow Mole!!!  CONGRATULATIONS on getting pregnant right before your cycle!!!!!!!!!  How amazing!  I am confident your little fetus will be just fine ;)

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#485 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 08:46 AM

Mole:  Congratulations!  That is awesome news.  Unfortunately it is up to your bobdy and mother nature as to what happens next.  Be good to yourself.  Take it easy and try not to stress.  As far as the tea, if it is decaf, no problem,  If it has caffeine they recommend to limit it to 1-*2 cups/day.  So happy for you!!!!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#486 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 AM

Mole: Yay! Congrats!!! I'd have your progesterone levels checked to see if you need to be taking supplemental progesterone. Otherwise, just savor each day that you are pregnant and try to relax! :-)

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#487 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 03:24 PM

I concur about the progesterone. AFM- My ultrasound went wonderfully! Babies are still measuring right on track. They now each have heartbeats of 180bpm and they were very active! Most importantly- we found a barrier (membrane)! Officially carrying mono-di twins; much less risk. My poor furbaby, Peaches (the dog), cut her foot outside.

#488 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 05:23 PM

Deborah: Do they still think they are identical or now do they think they are fraternal? Glad there is less risk!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#489 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 05:53 PM

Mole:  Congratulations on the BFP!  What incredible news!  I wish I had some advice for you.  Like a few others, I am using progesterone.  If I end up with a BFP, I will likely stay on it through the end of the first trimester so it might be worth checking into ....

Deborah:  Yay for great U/S results! Hope the pup is feeling better.  

AFU:  Thanks so much to everyone for the helpful thoughts on how many embryos to put back.  In the words of our RE, we got an early Christmas present and had two 4AA blasts to put back.  Given the quality, we decided to only put two back.  If we had done a 3-day transfer, the doc said he would have likely recommended 3 instead.  The transfer went well.  I've found some great guided meditation tracks that made it a nice calm experience and I have been taking it easy since.  Now for the wait.....  At least I have the holidays and lots of family to distract me. 

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#490 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 07:00 PM

Vegan- They are definitely identical. They still live in the same gestational sac. They each have their own amniotic sacs and yolk sacs. The membrane makes them mono-di instead of mono-mono. Baby B is in the top picture and Baby A is in the bottom picture (which I had trouble orienting, so it's sideways). You can see the sac in Baby A's picture. We saw Baby B's yolk sac during the ultrasound, it just didn't make it into the picture. Both babies were very active.

9 week ultrasound.jpeg

#491 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 PM

Deborah: That is so cool! :-) Are you starting to show already since you have 2? 

Alphahen: Yay! I hope you get your BFP for new years! When is your beta and will you be testing before it?

I think I have a yeast infection. Uck. I can't remember the last time I had one. 10 yrs ago? I bought the 1 day cream. I just want it taken care of before I start any meds. I won't be having to use suppositories for another couple weeks though so I should be fine by then. I also don't want to worry that it could interfere with my success. Anyone know if it can possible be a bad thing for getting pregnant?

Cindy

#492 of 1307 Old 12-22-2011, 09:24 PM

Vegan- Not quite showing yet, but seriously uncomfortable. My waist is pretty much gone, but no baby bump yet. I'm in that awkward fluffy stage. I do think I'll be showing in the next week or two though.

#493 of 1307 Old 12-23-2011, 03:29 AM

Typing from my phone now.

Mole- just wanted to say congrats!  Hope you got a real sticky one in there and that you have a HH9M!  Yay!  Will they do a second beta on you or no?  Keep us posted!

AFM- still no AF!  Had my 2 nd opinion call, but can't type it all from my phone but hopefully can update soon.  Now I'm even more confused, a little frustrated & a little sad! More later when I can find some free time (who knows when that will be).   Merry Christmas to all in case I don't get back before but hopefully will. 

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#494 of 1307 Old 12-23-2011, 03:45 AM

Mole, YAH! Congrats!! I am hopeful this will be a sticky bean but don't stress. At this point, it's out of your control any way. just have faith that you're going to be holding a baby for your holiday season next year :o)

Vegan, I hope that the cream takes care of the yeast infection. I don't know what it does to your chances of getting pregnant but i assume that any type of infection would raise your immune system which probably isn't great. However, hopefully, the cream will work quickly and there will not be anything you have to worry about!

Alphahen, YAH to a great result! 4AAs sound wonderful. Did you freeze the other two for use during a FET? hopefully, that will be for your NEXT child :o)

Blue, ugh, this is why i hate the suppression protocols because then you're waiting anxiously for a period. I can tell you that during suppression with BCPs, I was really late with my withdrawal bleed and my RE basically said that this sometimes happens and some women don't even get a bleed. And he didn't seem worried about it so I didn't worry about it (I did eventually get a bleed but it was days late too)

RCR, I used to try to do the same thing as you...I would delete the person once i thought the person was done with the step and try to put them in the other step. But  I was fairly bad at it and it was a lot of work so I think you're doing awesome! As for obsessing, I LOVE having written records so I can obsess as well. I think that it's healthy to do as long as you don't go overboard. Good news about your last cycle though...so definitely, you can expect a hopefully pretty good number of eggs. I can't wait till you start!

Happy holidays, everyone!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#495 of 1307 Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Rena - thanks. Although I kinda wish I would not have deleted the steps along the way now, because it was neat to look back at the old thread and see when I did retrieval, etc. Oh well. Too late now because I have already started deleting the steps.

Mole, I am so happy for you!

Alpha - that is great that they were such a good quality!

Vegan - ug, sorry. I don't have answer to your question about if it will affect your cycle.

Blue - what the heck! Come on AF!

AFM - still obsessing about this over-suppression and BCP thing. I think maybe that people who are getting over-suppressed have been on BCP for a while. I am only on them for 10 days ({my last one is Christmas), so hopefully that is not long enough to have a negative effect. I have also read that lupron can do the same thing, so in a way it is a chance you just have a take.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#496 of 1307 Old 12-23-2011, 07:39 AM

Blue- I didn't get anything, not even spotting after BCP suppression. They just told me what Cycle Day 1 would be considered: bleed or no bleed.

#497 of 1307 Old 12-23-2011, 09:31 AM

oh Rcr, I forgot to say...I was on BCPs for almost 3 weeks and I wasn't over suppressed so hopefully, it makes you feel better :o) i know everyone is different but if it makes you feel better, I obviously had no issues with suppression (with 23 eggs)

love.gif

#498 of 1307 Old 12-24-2011, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Blue - Hope AF has arrived.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#499 of 1307 Old 12-24-2011, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Blue - boo to no AF. :( I hope she shows up soon

vegan - boo to your yeast infection! I hope it clears up soon.  

alpha - so glad to hear your transfer went well.  Happy/speedy 2ww to you!

mole - I can't remember if I already responded, but even if I did, I just want to say congrats again!  That is SO awesome! joy.gif  Feel free to join us on the graduates thread when you feel ready.  

everyone else - Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and Happy Yule to you all!  I hope this next year brings us all our rainbow babies.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#500 of 1307 Old 12-24-2011, 01:40 PM

Kewpie - thanks, see my AFM below.  I hope you start to feel better soon.  I know the day our babies were born my sinuses/nose totally cleared up that night and it was amazing so I hope that will happen for you if not sooner.

rcr - thanks.  I'm sure it will all work out.  Did you end up calling to ask or no.

Renavoo - I hope you are enjoying your time off now and able to rest up and relax w/ DH.

Vegan - I was hoping that you had already transferred b/c I remember hearing of some others that had a transfer and thought they had a yeast infection, but then found out they were pregnant.  I hope it clears up and you start to feel better.

Alpha - glad to hear that the transfer went!  Sounds like your embies were awesome!!!!  Fingers crossed for you and I hope your tww goes by fast.  It will for sure help with all the craziness w/ the holiday and new year coming.   When is your beta again??

Deborah - Glad to hear that they saw a membrane between the two and that it decreases  your risk.

Praying - how are you doing???

Mole - how are you feeling and are you having another beta?

Keria  - hope you are well too.

Hi to everyone else.  I'm sure I missed some people but i always just look back on the page above.

AFM - Well, as an early Christmas present AF showed up.  Lucky me... actually it is a present b/c now I just have to have the blood work (E2) done and no u/s this time and will have an u/s later on after I start on estrace.  I got my prednisone and hcg so I'm all set there.  I think I start the estrace after the E2 results come back.  So I spoke with the other RE on the phone on Wed and I'm really torn.  Even though I love my RE and his group I kinda wish that I would have found this other guy 5 yrs ago and then maybe we wouldn't be in this place with tons of money gone and no baby to show for it.  He really has a strong background with immune issues and he said he really thinks that is what is going on w/ us.  He spoke about having good "soil" (environment) and good "fruit" (eggs/embryos) and if one or the other isn't good then we won't have any luck what so ever.  He feels that the protocol that my RE has been using isn't right for me (I'm sure, what else is he going to say, he wants me to come see him and spend my $ there) and that the past protocols are causing us to have faulty embryos.  I came right out and asked him if he thinks that the 3 we have frozen are a waste then, and he said he wouldn't say that.  He also thinks that the natural killer cell test that I had done might not be the right test and I hadn't had a chance to have those results sent to him at that point since they had just come back (supposedly my RE said they were fine but the 2nd opinion Dr says that not all RE's know that much about Natural Killer cell nor do they understand them).  He said that if i have the positive TPO antibodies and normally if you have those, there is a 50% chance that you will also have positive Natural killer cells. If this is the case then before you do a transfer you need to have IVIG treatments and also one more treatment after you get pregnant so your body doesn't attack the embryo.  He said that if I do have both I may even be getting pregnant and even before a beta my body is killing off the embryo so the beta comes back negative.   So i had my RE's office fax over the NK cells, but I haven't heard anything back from him and may not for another wk or two now.  He spoke about embryo banking and how w/ me having a low ovarian reserve at this point that might it might be a good idea for us if we would want to have more than one child.  I guess they can do the research on the embryos and make sure they are good ones and they would then only put one back in with me and we could have like a 70% chance of getting pregnant if we knew it was a really good embryo. He said since I was high risk with twins from before he would only put one back in if he knew it was good quality.  I looked at the cost price and there is just no way we can afford to even see this doctor at this point in time.  DH said something about us working hard for the next year or so to try and save our money up to pay for it, but I told him that we don't have time to wait.  The Dr said my ovarian reserve is low and we are running out of time.  So now i'm really confused and kinda bummed b/c i just feel like we are at the end of our rope if this last FET doesn't take.  So that is my update.  Sorry it took so long, but I've been working more lately and with my family coming for Christmas I've been trying to get ready for that.  Hope everyone has a good holiday (if you celebrate it) and is doing well!!!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#501 of 1307 Old 12-24-2011, 02:22 PM

Blue I'm so hoping that this FET will give you guys your long awaited baby. I'm  sorry you didn't get the clarity from the second RE that you were hoping for. I believe some REs are just  not a good match for some patients circumstances. I have read about so many women (including me) get pregnant once they switched REs that I'm a huge fan of second opinions. Even if you  have low ovarian reserve I think your DH's plan sound good I don't think a year will make a huge difference. Of course I really really hope it won't come to that and that you get your baby from this FET.

Merry christmas to everyone I'm hoping Santa brings BFPs for everyone in this thread.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#502 of 1307 Old 12-25-2011, 04:23 AM

Blue, I'm so happy that AF finally showed so you can get started!! It's so exciting and i can't wait until you get your BFP. I'm really hopeful that this revised protocol with the steroid helps you get your well deserved BFP!

I know it's difficult but now is not the time for second guessing yourself and hitting yourself with regrets. I am so hopeful that this new protocol works so that you do get a BFP and therefore, you prove the second doctor wrong but most importantly, so you get to hold your beautiful baby (babies?) at the end of the 9 months! However, if this cycle is not successful, I do agree with DH that you probably would be fine- a part of me is annoyed with the second doctor for rushing you like this and saying that you don't have the time. Otherwise, maybe the doctor can give you a finance plan that helps you guys pay for it in monthly installments that you can afford? Just don't feel like you have to rush into anything! But regardless, I'm with Keria...I hope that this is a moot point and you get your sticky bean(s) this time around. By the way, if you do get your BFP, would you have to be on steroids for  the duration of the pregnancy? Did the autoimmune issue come into play with your twins? I'm just curious if your doctors have a plan for you when you get pregnant?

Everyone, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I can't believe another year has gone by but all i'm wishing for is a year full of love for all of us. I can't wait until everyone on this thread gets their BFP and hopefully by next end of year, we'll all be holding our babies in our arms! 

grouphug.gif

love.gif

#503 of 1307 Old 12-25-2011, 07:03 AM

Blue, I am glad you were able to speak with another doctor about different options/treatments.  We have all been told there is just so much the RE's can/can't predict if a cycle will work or not.  I think there is always a chance with any cycle that it will work and I am hopeful that you get pregnant during this FET.  There are so many stories of success against all odds (not that you fall into this category), so I think you still have a good chance this time, especially with the steroids since that worked in the past.  I really liked my first RE as well, but in the end we needed to switch, and I think our success is really based on the more advanced lab at the new clinic and their insanely conservative protocol and not leaving anything to chance (except of course the quality of embryos I transferred over...they had no control over that).  I agree with others that trying this other clinic in the future would be worthwhile, but hopefully for siblings!  Do they have a financing option so you could start sooner?

rcr, yay to the end of BCPs!!!

Vegan, did you hear anything from your doctor or RE on the yeast infection?  My new RE used antibotics twice during my cycle to make sure I didn't have any infections, maybe this is something you could do too just to be extra safe? :)

Thinking about everyone and wishing those who celebrate a happy holiday season! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#504 of 1307 Old 12-25-2011, 12:19 PM

I hate to be AAM but I don't have much time to type. I woke up and first thing heard that my SIL is pregnant with her 3rd baby - announced it this morning. Thank goodness we were not there for the announcement! Heard it via phone. I got to go give myself an injection and promptly sat there and cried. What a way to start Christmas. We have been trying for #2 since the day she gave birth to her 2nd kid, 20 months ago! 

Anyway, I need advice!! I gave myself the centrotide injection this morning and had a hard time. I had to mix the powder and pull it back into the syringe. I flicked it and got a big air bubble at top. Medicine started coming out before I could get all the air out. I didn't want to keep pushing med out but didn't know what to do. Then when I injected, most went in, then it got stuck bc of an air bubble. I pulled it out, got out the air, and then had to reinject to finish it Help!!! How do I get all the air out without squirting out all the medicine? I didn't have this problem when I did ovidrel in the past - but maybe bc it was premixed? I don't think anyone is on my RE's office today since their lab is closed. Hoping you guys could help me before I have to call them.

In any case, so I've started the process. I started my estrogen patches today too. I feel better now about my SIL. Sort of. And I haven't asked the RE about the yst infection. I will ask the nurse when I talk to her next time.

Merry Christmas!!

Cindy

#505 of 1307 Old 12-25-2011, 12:34 PM

Vegan - did you really tap hard on the side of the syringe w/ your finger-tip?  Next time I'd try to draw it up really slow after you mix it and then really tap hard on the side of the syringe with your pointer finger and the bubbles should raise to the top and then you can give it a little push to get the air out and a dip or so of the medication.  I'm sure you will be fine but it sounds like it was a pain to have to inject a second time.  Good luck.

Belly & Renavoo - thanks for your words of encouragement.  The other issue is that this 2nd opinion RE is in Las Vegas!! I live in OH.  I also don't know if we would be able to save enough money in a only a year either. Good idea about the financing though, I'd have to ask.  I don't know, I'm just going with the flow right now.  We will see.

#506 of 1307 Old 12-25-2011, 04:06 PM

Vegan- I agree with Blue. I had a really hard time with that, but tapping is a great way to make it work right! I had DH do it as often as possible because I got frustrated, but sometimes no one is there to help.

#507 of 1307 Old 12-25-2011, 05:41 PM

Ok another aaM from my phone. Now I'm spotting! 6 dpo. The on call doc doubts it's from the mess. So either I am having a ridiculously short luteal phase and am about to get my period a week early or I'm having implantation spotting and I'm pregnant. I highly doubt that is possible though. We did bd then but dh pulled out and he can't seen to get me pregnant when he doesn't. But now I'm worried about not being on the suppression meds very long before getting af. Ugh!

#508 of 1307 Old 12-26-2011, 08:02 AM

Blue:  Just popping in to say i'm FINALLY getting a chance to catch up on what's going on and i'm sending you BIG hugs from Alabama right now!!! I hope that you guys can figure out what's best for you.  I am soooooooooooooo pulling for this cycle for you though!!!  Just wanted you to know I was thinking about ya!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#509 of 1307 Old 12-26-2011, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Vegan - that is weird about the spotting. Hope it is implantation. Do you usually spot during your cycle?

Blue - I don't really know what do say about the second opinion doctor. But I guess it is good that is took your concerns seriously. Like you said, I really hope this is your cycle so you don't have to worry about it. I wonder if there is a similar doctor that believes all that stuff that is cheaper. One that is closer, or that has better prices. There has got to be more out there.

AFM - I hope everybody had a good holiday. We did do presents yesterday, even though we aren't christian. Its just fun to do anyway. I usually make a big meal but I didn't this year because it always costs so much money. We are veggie, so we usually get a tofurkey, which is like $25.00 in some places.  I thought we would save up $ because we are going to a cabin on Fri-Sunday, and we paid only half the total cost, so we owe them when we get there. I think the money saved from xmas dinner will pay for the cost of the rest of the cabin almost. Anyway, we made pizza and "mall pretzels" which turned out so yummy.  DS got some really great gifts and played with them all day. Anyway, my suppression check is Wed, and if all is well I start lupron on Friday, I still have not ordered it because last time I did and it expired before I used it. This time I am not ordering it until I get my bloodwork back on Wed.

#510 of 1307 Old 12-26-2011, 04:13 PM

Hi all!  Hope that everyone had an amazing holiday.  Ours was quiet, but wonderful.

Blue:  I am sorry that your situation has to be so difficult.  Is ther not someone closer that you can see that specializes in immune issues?  I pray that your FET works and this will not be something that you even need to worry about.  hug2.gif

RCR:  Glad that you enjoyed your holiday.  It sounds like a lot of fun.  Would love to get the recipe for your "mall pretzels".  They sound delish.  I don't blame you on the Lupron.  Since it is compounded, they only give it a 30 day expiration.  Better to wait and see if you need it!

Vegan:  I am sorry that the news about your SIL hit you so hard.  I know where you are coming from.  We all do.  Hopefully you will be making your anoucement soon too!

Keria, Belly and Renavoo:  Nice to see you all on the board.  How are things with you? Any news/updates on your little beans?

Laggie:  How was your holiday?

Sorry...I know that I have missed some, but if I flip back I always lose my post!  Thinking of all of you and wishing you nothing but the best.

AFM:  No new news.  Seeing RE tomorrow and may know something????  Maybe we should be grateful for DS (we definately are!) and just accept that he will be our one and only.  I am so tired of this IF thing.  I am not sure how much more I can take....

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page