Winter IVF Thread : Bring on the BFPs! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

deborah - Hoping for great numbers today!

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#62 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ultrasound was this morning - lining looks good so I just keep on keeping on until next Friday. Of course DH asks "if it doesn't survive the thaw, then you will call us and then she doesn't have to take any more meds?" I don't know why, he always wants to explore all of the worst case scenarios with the doctors. Like when I was pregnant (miscarried) and we were going for first trimester screening, he wanted to know, if we decided to abort, exactly how and where would that happen. bigeyes.gif I wish he would STFU sometimes. I know he just wants information, but I find it a bit upsetting.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#63 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Laggie: LOL. Sorry to laugh. Couldn't help it. Glad your lining looks good!

AFM: I just got off the phone with the finance coordinator 2 hours away. They are charging me for a minimal stim IVF fee - not their normal fee! So it is only $4950 plus the fee for icsi and hatching for a total of $7100!!!! Plus med will be about 2k. She said I might only need 2-3 monitoring visits. So if I do one with them and pay for a few here, it is still WAY cheaper than my clinic. I have yet to talk to my clinic about fees but I don't think they offer a cheaper package for minimal stim - I think it will be either 11,500 or 12,500 inlcuding icsi and ah! So I guess there is my decision made for me. A 5k difference (or 4k if we pay for monitoring here) is definitely worth the drive!!!!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#64 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 11:42 AM

laggie - Sorry to hear about DH.  Mine is just the opposite.  He thinks everything will just work out on its own.  I'm somewhere in the middle and have probably asked some questions that made DH cringe.  

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#65 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 12:03 PM

Thanks everyone. Anxiously awaiting results. This wait sucks! Laggie- Men just don't understand us sometimes.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#66 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 PM

BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Numbers at 148. Yay! I have my first ultrasound in 3 weeks :-).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#67 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 01:51 PM

OMG!!!! Yay!!!! Congrats Deborah. That is flipping fantastic!!!!! I'm thrilled to see someone have success. :-)

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#68 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 02:09 PM

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif Congrats Deborah!!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#69 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 02:21 PM

Deborah:  Congrats!

Vegan:  So glad that you found this clinic with the cheaper IVF price.  A savings of $4-5 grand is not too shabby!  Hope that it all works out for you.  A 2 hour drive is not so bad.  Glad that your decision has been made and now you get move forward.

Laggie:  Maybe your hubby just is trying to prepare himself in case the news is not good????  But I see where you are coming from.  My DH is more like Kewpie's.  Always thinks it will work out for the better.  This is good most of the time, but sometimes it would be nice to have someone to discuss my concerns with.  Your comment made me giggle.  I hope everything works out for you!  Best of luck!

Kewpie:  I just love your new picture!  I am such an animal lover...with 7 cats of my own.  They started out as rescues and then never went anywhere..  So adorable.  How are you doing?  Next week DH is home with you, right?  That will be so nice for you!  Let him wait on you hand and foot!

Renavoo:  Yay for 2 beautiful hearheartbeat.giftbeats!  banana.gifMusic to your ears I am sure.  How did the OB appointment go?  Did you like her?

AFM:  Thanks to all of you who asked about me!  I am doing fine.  No AF yet.  I have another appointment on Monday to monitor what is going on with the cyst.  Just waiting for AF.  If cyst still there when she arrives, we will probably have to wait another month to start the lupron.  If it is gone, he plans to start me on the lupron on day two.  I am nervous and excited to get started.  I almost would not mind waiting another month.  Just because bedrest and constant monitoring right here with the holidays is a lot.  I can barely keep up this time of year as it is.  Work is really busy.  All the snowbirds are down and they all bring their illnesses with them.  The ICU is hopping!  But I like my job, and it has been so busy that I do not have time to obsess too much about my upcoming IVF.  I just have to leave the timing in God's hands and pray that what is supposed to happen will.  I just hope that AF does not arrive today or tomorrow, as then I will have to call the RE service and be seen this weekend.  I have to work 2 10 hour shifts this weekend, so that would mean coming up with ANOTHER excuse to leave in the middle of the day.  I HATE lying!  So...please AF....have a heart... wait to Sunday!

Have a great weekend all!!!!!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#70 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Thanks everyone!

#71 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 PM

RCR- I'm excited to be moved to the Fall BFP section!

#72 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 03:25 PM

In case anyone is wondering, I got my official due date. It's July 25, 2012.

#73 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 04:41 PM

Deborah - Congrats!!!  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  Do you have another beta set up?

Prayinghard - Praying that AF stays away until Sunday!!!  I know making excuses is a real pain when you are going through all of this IF stuff. Thanks for the info on Wheat grass. I'm not taking it for FSH issues, more for egg quality was what the TCM book recommended.  Keep us posted on how things go for you.

Vegan- Yeah that does kinda make the decision a little easier as long as you are comfortable with that practice.

Laggie - Good to hear that your lining looks good!!!  Sorry to hear about DH being so blunt!  Wow!!!  Has he always been like that or is it getting worse as he gets older?  Keep us posted.

Belly -  5 more sleeps until u/s!!!!!!!

Renavoo - How did your appt with your new OBGYN go?  Hope well.  Maybe you update on the graduate side.  I'll have to take a look over there. 

rcr - hope your trip is going well.  Any sign of AF yet?

HI to everyone else!!!

AFM - Well, I think AF showed up officially today. Not sure if i can count this as day one or if tomorrow will actually be day one.  I'll have to see how things are tomorrow and figure it out.  I didn't call my RE's office b/c the nurse said if she shows up on the weekend to just call on Monday.  I think they will end up telling me to just start Lupron on CD 21 so we will see on Monday what they say!!  Hope everyone has a good weekend.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#74 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 05:06 PM

I go in on Sunday for the 2nd one.

#75 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 05:23 PM

Deborah, congratulations!  Glad you got this thread off to a good start!  Can't wait to hear your Sunday results.

Blue, glad to hear AF arrived.  So this is what confuses me about your protocol...if you start lupron on day 21 isn't there a chance you already ovulated?  And if that's true, doesn't your lining transition with the progesterone that is made when the egg releases?  I think that's why I have always been supressed my entire cycle (at both clinics).  Do you know how that works with your cycle?  I am glad you reminded me of my "sleeps" countdown!  It made me smile :)

Laggie, that totally sounds like something my DH would say.  He seems to always ask "obvious" questions and he isn't very emotional so I think sometimes he says things before he thinks about how I might feel about it.  He is always well meaning, but he just doesn't think/feel the same way as me.  I am glad to hear your lining looks great and you are all set for transfer next week!!!!  I am sure your frostie will thaw well and his question will be for not :)

I hope everyone else is doing well!!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#76 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 05:25 PM

I'm glad to get the thread off to a good start too. I will let you know as soon as I know on Sunday. The bummer is that I have to drive over an hour to get the bloodwork done and driving is really uncomfortable for me. Maybe I can convince hubby to get up in time and drive me.

#77 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post
Blue, glad to hear AF arrived.  So this is what confuses me about your protocol...if you start lupron on day 21 isn't there a chance you already ovulated?  And if that's true, doesn't your lining transition with the progesterone that is made when the egg releases?  I think that's why I have always been supressed my entire cycle (at both clinics).  Do you know how that works with your cycle?  I am glad you reminded me of my "sleeps" countdown!  It made me smile :)

Belly - I guess I would start Lupron on CD 21 of this cycle and then  AF would come for me like on Dec 17ish and the protocol says that on CD 1 I start the Estrace and then lower the lupron dose.  Then on CD 18 of this cycle we would do the transfer.  That is about all I know from the protocol.  So my lining would build back up.  There is one u/s in the middle that they check the lining too.  So if all goes as planned then my transfer would fall on Jan 3rd-ish.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#78 of 1307 Old 11-18-2011, 07:27 PM

Blue, thanks for explaining!  That makes so much more sense!  I am so excited for your FET!!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#79 of 1307 Old 11-19-2011, 02:20 AM

Unfortunately, Ian can't drive me to my appointment because he has to be in Boulder on Sunday morning. Oh well.

#80 of 1307 Old 11-19-2011, 08:08 AM

Laggie, oh my gosh, your DH was like the OB I met yesterday! More on that later but wow, that would be disconcerting for me too. It's ok though...intentions are the most important thing. Just think...he just doesn't want you to suffer from too many drugs and if its unnecessary, he wants you off the drugs as soon as possible. it really all comes from a place of love. I'm so happy your lining looks good! When is the transfer going to occur. And I have all faith that you will have embies to transfer so I can't wait for you to get a BFP soon!!!

Blue, ooooh that clarified the schedule for me too. yah! So I hope that you have a wonderful new year's present :o) It'll be a great way to ring in the new year anyway! i'm glad you finally got your AF but i wish that you were getting your transfer TOMORROW so we could be following you to your BFP sooner too. haha but I'll be patient if you can be. ok, never mind, you be patient...i'll be here waiting impatiently for your BFP.

whistling.gif

So, just a quick update on my ob visit. First, it took like 3 hours with all the waiting, which was annoying because I had to go back to work. (not that it wouldn't have been annoying either way) but whatever. We got our sonogram pretty quickly and it was great. The babies look great, are growing at the right rate and the heart beats are just where they should be. The technician was fantastic. So things were going well till then. Because we're "high risk" due to twins (and probably my age) the technician needed to show my US scans to a high risk doctor. This doctor looks at the scans and insists she sees a hematoma. The technician says that it really isn't anything because the dark spot disappears when you move the wand. The doctor wants to see for herself, which I'm happy about because i'm worried now. So she looks and she says that ok, things look ok. Then she gives us what DH and i call the death stare...she says that multiples are high risk and that with IVF, the goal is one anyway so if we end up losing one baby, it's fine. DH and I looked at each other like, she is NOT saying this...Anyway, she then goes on to wax more about how bad things can happen. I started tuning her out.

After more waiting...and now i'm anxious and annoyed...we finally see the doctor that i made an appointment for. Well, she was nice (although she seemed a little young, which DH was a little worried about) I asked her the question about the hematoma and risk involved and she said that she would speak with the other doctor but she didn't see anything really bad and hematomas often resolve on their own so they will just keep an eye on it in case something happens. I mean, that was the answer i was looking for. i'm smart enough to know that there is some risk involved but doom and gloom doesn't work for me!!!

ok, sorry for the rant. Anyway, I'll go back in 2 weeks for a blood test and then 4 weeks for my next visit. Hopefully all goes well with both!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#81 of 1307 Old 11-19-2011, 08:49 AM

Renavoo - Holy cow!!!!!  I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that!  Will you have to see her each time you go or will you just get to see the nice one mostly?  You are going to be followed by your OBGYN and a perinatologist too right, or is that what that mean dr was in that practice???  When i was pregnant with our twin boys my OBGYN didn't even tell me that twins are high risk other than that they usually come like 2 weeks earlier than your due date and other than that she was extremely laid back (almost too laid back, I think - which is why I am no longer going to that practice).  I wouldn't let her scare you too much, there are lots of people that have no problems so just keep believing that all will be fine and it will!!!!  The power of positive thinking!!!!  hug.gif

#82 of 1307 Old 11-19-2011, 10:53 AM

Renavoo:  Sorry your doc was so gloomy.  I mean, we all know the risks.  It is fine if they mention it, but do they really need to grind it with their heel!  If they mention and you have further questions, they should leave that up to you to ask.  Don't let thme get you, or DH, down.  I just know things are going to go fine and soon you will be pushing a double stroller down the streets of NYC!!!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#83 of 1307 Old 11-19-2011, 02:12 PM

Belly - I ment to tell you that I asked my RE's nurse about PEO instead of PIO and she said that they have been having some issues with it lately.  I guess some people are having reactions (cellulitis) to it, so they haven't been using it and recommended PIO if I wanted to switch back to injections with this next FET.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!!

#84 of 1307 Old 11-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Renavoo- That sounds awful. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that particular doc very much. It sounds like someone needs lessons in professionalism.

#85 of 1307 Old 11-19-2011, 02:27 PM

RCR- Please move me to Fall/Winter BFP.

#86 of 1307 Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 PM

Renavoo, your doctor sounds miserable. I'm sorry you have to put up with that.

Deborah, congratulations!!!

AFM, I am officially on stims now, as of tonight! The dilation thing turned out to be really quick but painful. It was over in about a minute. I didn't ask what they actually did, but the doctor said it worked perfectly so that's something at least.

Tess - Mom to Charlie (8/12/08)

#87 of 1307 Old 11-19-2011, 06:12 PM

Thanks Montesortof!

#88 of 1307 Old 11-20-2011, 05:10 AM

hi ladies!

laggie, my dh is the opposite of yours.  i'm the one who researches every single possible risk and side effect.  dh likes to live his life as if he's skipping through a field of daisies.  he just assumes everything will be fine!  it kills me, especially when i'm in panic mode.  

deborah, congrats!! this is great news.  

renavoo- that obgyn can, as laggie says, stfu.  we all know the risks involved with twins, but we also know that it's possible to have a perfectly healthy pregnancy!  take care of yourself, treat your body right, and let nature do what it will.  

blue- so glad af showed up finally!  it's nice to be on your way!  i was on PEO and had that terrible reaction that they thought was cellulitis, so your doc is probably right with that one.  

montessortof, hooray for stims!  it moves so fast from this point.  what protocol are you on?

afm, since yesterday i started coming down with something.  today it is a full blown sickness.  it's in my lungs mainly so i have a nice cough and when i lay down my lungs bubble when i breathe.  awesome.  i don't usually get sick so i am telling myself that this is my body's immune system lowering itself for implantation.  iui was thursday so i am assuming today or tomorrow would be when that little fertilized egg would be latching on?  i'm trying a lot of positive thinking and meditation where i envision things happening.  the wait continues...

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#89 of 1307 Old 11-20-2011, 05:22 AM

Renavoo:  I'm thread crashing here to say i'm sorry that you had to go thru that on your first appointment with the OBs.  I had the same thing happen when I was pregnant with Emma.  I started cramping and spotting a lot at 5 1/2 weeks and started freaking out so my doctor sent me over to the ER where they did an u/s and found a hematoma(sp? i'm a horrible speller) anyways, they labled my visit as a threatened abortion (which i figured better put would be threatened miscarriage but whatever) and had me thinking that I was going to loss the baby.  That was on a Friday night/early Saturday morning.  I went to MY ob's office on Monday (which also happened to be my anniversary April 26th) and they did another u/s.  Yes there was a small hematoma but they reasured me that it would more than likely resolve on it's own and they were able to see the heartbeat too!! I was super excited and they said that the strong heartbeat was one thing that made them 95% sure that I wouldn't be losing they baby.  I HATE when doctors try to freak a woman out...like we aren't worried enough as it is.  I hope that your next visit is much better!!! I'll go back to the IF ONe thread now...lol..i just stock several over here and you are one of them since i know it would be a pain to re type everything you say here over on the other thread too :) 

Blue: I never got back over here to send out big hugs to you so sending them now :)  I am happy AF finally showed for you and I'm looking forward to your BFP at the first of the year!!!!  :)  

Deborah:  I hope that your BETA today goes well and i'm looking forward to seeing those numbers!  I'll be stocking this thread and the other thread to see an update as soon as you have one!!! Also looking forward to you US in a few weeks!!!

To everyone else:  I know that I don't post here because i've never been thru IVF or IUIs...but i did have to go thru fertility treatments to get our now almost 1 year old so I do understand the emotional roller coaster and I just want to say I REALLY hope you are all able to get BFPs soon!!! I think about all of you often as I'm an avid thread stocker lol...

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#90 of 1307 Old 11-20-2011, 05:25 AM

Thank you Aura and Brichole!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page