Winter IVF Thread : Bring on the BFPs! - Page 44 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1291 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all I switched my beta appointment to a cd1. Appointment because af. Started today. I am ok. Hopeful that this ivf is not canceled. I am in the waiting room right now.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#1292 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

RCR: I'm sorry AF showed! I'm wishing you lots of luck on this cycle!!!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#1293 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Hi All:

I am on to another cylce really fast! I am skipping BCP and going straight to stims, so I start on Wed, my first appointment is on Sat., and I could have retrieval as early as next Thurs or Friday! It feels a little bit like a whirlwind. I have always had a slow start to my cycles, with weeks of BCPs, so this seems so sudden.

Anyway, I am excited. It feels good to be starting so soon - kinda takes the sting out of the BFN.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#1294 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

rcr - sorry about AF, but WOW on getting started so quick!!  That's awesome!!!  What's the protocal?  It seems so quick to get through everything!!!

I just got the call that my progesterone levels came back good (as expected!) so I start Lupron tonight.  They want me on 10 full days of Lupron, so if I don't have AF by 3/29 then I'm to call them, but otherwise baseline is scheduled for 7:00am on 3/30!! 

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#1295 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 AM

Hello Everyone!  I feel off the face of the Earth for a while – this past week was Spring Break for my DD, so DH and I both took the week off and took a last-minute road trip to Delaware to see my family.  I’ve been mostly unplugged since before we went, so I have TONS of catching up to do!

Blue:  I can’t believe your beta is tomorrow?  Where did the TWW go???  I’m sure for you it has been dragging, but it seemed to fly by for me!   I have everything possible crossed for you that you get your BFP!  Are you going to POAS before or wait for the phone call?  I had my progesterone checked every other day during the stims, then one a week until my beta.  When they drew for the beta, I was told if it was positive, they would run the estrogen and progesterone on the sample.  That was a Thursday – then they had me come back Monday to have the levels checked again.  Today was my first OB appt and they drew blood to check the progesterone level again (no estrogen check as I stopped the patch almost three weeks ago).

RCR:  Wow, your cycle is going to happen quickly!  Lucky for you, because you won’t have all the anticipation and woo hoo to not having to do BCP!  I know you asked a while back, but my cycles have always been completely normal and I ovulate every month, but they still had me to BCP for my IVF.  My RE’s office does it so you can have a pretty set schedule of when things are going to happen.  That office runs like a finely oiled machine!  I’m sorry about your BFN, but hoping and praying this cycle is yours!

Kali:  Boo to OHSS!!!  Drink LOTS of Gatorade and try to stay away from doing anything that could cause the ovaries to twist (pushing a shopping cart, vacuuming, etc.).  I had OHSS and lived on Gatorade and Saltines for almost two weeks after retrieval.  I still can’t button most of my jeans and I have HORRIBLE random shooting pains, but was told that’s normal and to be expected.  I had an ultrasound today and my ovaries are still huge.  I actually had one follicle in the left ovary that is the size of a normal person’s ovary!  The ultrasound tech told me if I hadn’t have gotten pregnant everything would have been back to normal by now (7weeks) but since I’m pregnant, the ovaries and follicles are yelling, “we need to help this woman!” and are still enlarged.  She told me to pretty much expect them to be enlarged until the end of the first trimester.  That being said, I do feel 100 times better than I did shortly after retrieval and transfer and I hope you start feeling better soon!

Saphrons:  Sorry to hear you didn’t have any embies to freeze.  It’s a hard pill to swallow.  I was devastated to find out we only had one that could be frozen of the 18 that fertilized, but like others have said, it’s all about the two they put in you.  They are back in their natural environment where they belong!

AFM:  Like I mentioned above, we decided to do a last minute road trip to Delaware.  Mind you, we live in Texas.  I have no idea what in the world we were thinking!  We drove straight through and it took us just over 29 hours and 1500 miles to get there.  We got to Tennessee before the car sickness set in (looking back, I think it was the start of morning sickness). At one point we weren’t even making the exit before my DH would pull over so I could vomit.  Good times. My parents have a dog they got as a puppy 12 years ago and she died the second day we were there, so not a good way to start off the trip.  I got to see all of my brothers and sisters (I’m the youngest of five) and lots of friends, too.  Wednesday the itching started.  Itchy all over but especially the palms of my hands and soles of my feet.  I called the doctor who said to take Benadryl (and also called in a prescription for phenergan for the ride home!). We left Delaware on Saturday and drove straight through again, getting home early yesterday morning.  Car sick the entire ride home as well.  After a total of 50+ hours and 3000+ miles in the car with a 7-year-old and three dogs, I’m ready for a vacation!  The itching has not stopped and the Benadryl doesn’t do a thing to help it.  I had my first OB appt today and he’s thinking I’m developing an allergy to the ethyl oleate in the PIO.  He has switched me to Crinone, but isn’t sure if insurance will cover it, so if it doesn’t, I’ll be put back on PIO but in sesame oil instead.  They also switched my prenatal vitamins to ones with ginger and b12 for the nausea and vomiting.  I had my first OB  u/s today – one baby measuring right on and heart rate of 132 bpm!

Wife to DH, Mom to DD (5/14/04) and our IVF miracle DS (10/12/12)!!

#1296 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 01:31 PM

Gale - good to see your name again and that everything is going pretty well.  Sorry to hear about the car sickness and the itching.  You should pop over to the grad side and ask Lyndi about itching b/c i think she was having itching too and don't know if she found something to help or not (i know she is way farther along though).  I remember when I was prego i had really bad car sickness but if i was the one driving it was so much better.  Just an fyi for the future.  How many weeks are you now?

Hope - yay, for getting your results back and getting started!!!

rcr - sorry to hear about AF, but yay for getting to get started so soon.  I so have my fingers and toes crossed that this is your cycle.

Kali - I hope even though you have OHSS you will still get your BFP.  I have heard of so many women getting that and then getting a BFP kinda like they go hand and hand. 

Renavoo - yep, it's tomorrow!  It went really fast for me actually but i think it is b/c i've been so busy lately.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#1297 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 02:22 PM

Hi all,

Sorry to be MIA I've been busy in work and away for the weekend.

I'm really sorry I haven't caught up properly but just wanted to say hi.

Blue: good luck for tommrow.

rcr: sorry about af but good luck for the next round.

Loads of luck to everyone else, sorry for not catching up with you all.

AFM: I had a lovley dream last night.  The cutest little blone boy called "mummy" and then me a hug a kiss for the frount, side and back of my head.  I could still feel his kisses when I woke up.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#1298 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM

Blue - So exciting!!! Praying for good news and I hope you get to share news of a BFP with us tomorrow. The 2ww is dragging at a snail's pace for me.

Kali - We both had 5 day transfers on the same day and our preg tests are on the same day as well. ;) Are you planning to take a home pregnancy test? If so, when?

RCR - Sorry to hear about AF but it's amazing that you are gearing up to go so soon! I feel like it took months to get to this point in my own cycle, but that's because of the BCPs.

AFM, I feel as though I won't end up with a baby from this cycle and that's a sad feeling, especially since my preg test is scheduled for 3/27. I'm only 4 days past my transfer, but I'm having cramps, which is never a good sign.

#1299 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 03:32 PM

Gelly:  Wishing you my very best!  goodvibes.gif

Aura:  Your sister sounds like an awesome person.  How wonderful of her to make the offer to donate her eggs.  That must take a huge weight off of your shoulders to know that you have a great back-up plan.  Hopefully, you won't need it and your own eggs will do the trick!  Thinking of you!

Blue:  I can not believe that it is almost time for your beta!  I have every finger and toe crossed that I can manage for you.  You so deserve this.  I am on pins and needles.  Have you POAS?  Do you plan to?  I have never had a progesterone check 1 week post, just a lining check.  I guess he makes an educated guess as to what the progesterone is based on my lining...

RCR:  I am sorry that this cycle did not work out for you, but yeah to a positive outlook and getting started so quickly.  I am glad that you and your doctor came up with a plan that you are both happy with.  hug2.gif

Kali:  Sorry to hear about the OHSS and that you are so uncomfortable.  Hopefully you will see improvement soon, and this is just another sign of a BFP for you!  Can't wait until the 27th to hear your good news.

Saphrons:  I feel bad that you had no embryos to freeze.  However, maybe it is just a sign that they will not be necessary because this cycle is going to work out perfectly for you.  I truely believe in signs/fate/karma...whatever you want to call it.  Thinking of you.  Hang in there.  goodvibes.gif

Hope:  Isn't the "big box o' meds a little intimidating?  I was blown away by all the "stuff".  But, you get a routine down, and it becomes just another part of your day.  Don't let it freak you out too much.dizzy.gif  I wish I could say that I am an overresponder....  I took the max dose of both the Menopur and Follistim and had 2 follies that were growing....  Well...it only takes one, so I am staying positive!  Good luck to you.

Laggie and Silver:  Whats going on with you two?  I think of you both often and would like to know that you are doing ok....

Gale:  Wow...you are a brave women to travel all that way...and with all the chaos around you and the n/v.  You go girl!  Sorry about the OHSS.  I sure hope that things improve soon for you.  I was sad to hear about your parents dog.  It is so hard to lose our loyal friends.  Hopefully you new meds will help with the morning sickness and this phase passes quickly!  hug.gif

Renavoo and Belly:  Anything new with you two?

AFM:  Still in my 2ww.....whistling.gif.  Beta on Wednesday...  Praying things work out.

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#1300 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Silver and Saphrons.  sorry..we crossed posts.

Silver:  That is a lovely dream....  As I said above, I really believe in signs!!!!!

Saphrons:  Don't give up yet....  Cramps could be a sign of pregnancy, or just from the progesterone.  Hang in there and try to stay positive!!!  I see grest things coming your way.hug.gif

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#1301 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 PM

rcr - hug2.gif  Sorry for the BFN & AF, but figners crossed this is your cycle. 

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#1302 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 04:41 PM

rcr- stinks!  but this is great that you're jumping into a new cycle.  maybe not having that long buildup period is going to be the key!

blue, good luck on the beta!!!!!! everything is crossed for you.

fyi ladies, i've just set up the spring thread.  let me know if you want info moved around.  or if you want info added or deleted.  rcr, i like your idea of leaving people on through the cycle, i just cleaned it up a little because it made me sad to see myself up there when i've got nothing in my future for a month or so.  thanks so much for doing it this past season!

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#1303 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 07:46 PM

Blue~ I honestly don't know how they were frozen...my old RE wasn't very forthcoming...so I will find out when they thaw them if it was done the old way or the newer way. FX'd for your Beta tomorrow...smile.gif.

Rcr~ Boo for AF, but Yeah for getting into a new cycle so fast....we may even be cycle buddies...how cool is that....yeah! joy.gif

Hope~ Delestrogen / Estradiol Valerate / E2V ... it helps thicken the uterine lining.

Gale~ Yeah for a great visit. Sorry to hear that you has such bad car sickness, but yeah for hearing the hb of your babe.

Praying~ Thanks...fx'd for your beta on Wednesday!

Silver~ That sounds lika a great dream! Here's wishing that it comes true for you sooner rather than later.

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#1304 of 1307 Old 03-19-2012, 08:00 PM

Good luck Blue!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#1305 of 1307 Old 03-20-2012, 06:25 AM

Blue - Thinking about you today!  Everything crossed!

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#1306 of 1307 Old 03-20-2012, 08:45 AM

Hope - you made me laugh!!  Yea, I'm hoping for the uncomfortableness as well.  

Gale - Wow! I am so happy to hear your pregnant!! I am both excited an nervous to find out my results on the 27th!  I have episodes where I am completely fine and others where I am in so much pain.  I can barely walk downstairs to our vehicle without being out of breath. LOL  I wake up sometimes during the night because I can't find a comfortable spot.  Today is the 5th day since my transfer and I feeling cramping here and there.  Today the cramps were a bit different though.  They were not the terrible ones Ive been having that make me want to puke, they were way more subtle and a bit lower.  I was surprised but happy that they didn't make me want to run to the restroom.  =)

Saphrons - We did!! I have been thinking of taking one but I don't know if I should!! nut.gif  I was thinking the day before or the same day I test, only because for me I will have to get my blood drawn after 8pm here.  I get out of work at 7:45 and will go straight to the lab after.  Since the IVF clinic is closed that late I won't hear anything until the next day. I don't think I will be able till wait till after 9am the next morning!  What are you going to do???

#1307 of 1307 Old 03-20-2012, 09:19 AM

Hey all... come join us on the new Spring IVF thread!!!!!!  I'll respond more over there. 

Lesliesara so excited to see your name pop up... i'll reply more to you on the Spring thread!!!!  hug.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page