Winter IVF Thread : Bring on the BFPs! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

hi guys, i really do not know where to post my questions so i am here. hope you all are well. okay , i would like to do a fet in spring or summer of 2011. i had fresh transfer in july and had my baby this march 2010. anyway, my questions are.....did anyone have younger babies or toddlers during fet? were you breastfeeding? how long did you stop before fet? i really don't want to wean him before 17 months but.... also, i breastfeed to sleep ,how do i get him to go to sleep on his own when we are no longer breastfeeding? okay, i can post this question on another thread.

thanks

tre

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mine did that for a uterine flow treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Typing from my phone so this one will be short!
Aura- crap! I so thought this was going to be your cycle! ! it took us 3 IUI's to get pregnant so don't give up!
Monte- glad you found a babysitter! What are you going to tell her when you come home and go to bed? Good luck and keep us posted!
Silver- we are still just trying to wrap our heads around adoption in general at this point in time. Hope work goes well!
???- for all of you that do acupuncture! Do they ever have you laying on your stomach and have them in your back with stim hooked up to it? I went yesterday for the first time in a long time and he wanted to try something different with me. I was game but wanted to see if anyone else has this treatment for If and Ivf. Hope everyone has a good weekend! We are babysitting a friend little guy tomorrow morning so it will be interesting to see how Abby does with a baby in the house!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#243 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi tracy - I had seen an RE while I was still BF, but I didn't tell her about it. We were not doing IVF though. I actually weaned when I was having a M/C. Not the gentlest thing in the world, but I was really only able at the time to lay in bed and cry, so he ended up going to sleep in the other room with DH for about a week (at that point he was only nursing to sleep), and when I was done laying in bed and crying all the time, he hadn't nursed in a week, so we just stopped. I was not too hard on him, actually, since he was only doing it to sleep, and we replaced it with DH snuggling him to sleep.  I'm not sure about FET drugs and nursing.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#244 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 10:26 AM

Aura- I am so sorry to hear that. Tracy Amber: Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but I'm sure some of the ladies here would have some tips for you. For those in misery over BFNs, I know it is no consolation, but cute animal pictures always cheer me up, so I'm going to post some here. The first one is the doggy and kitty both staring at me to say, "Mom, why are you taking so many pictures?". The second one is Peaches looking away from Leo to avoid the temptation to give chase (I thought that was adorable). In the third one, Leo is talking to me. The 4th one is Peaches, the big ball of blur, shaking snow off her fur. The final one is the two of them sharing the sunny spot in the kitchen. Hope this brings a smile to at least some of your faces.

Mom, why are you taking so many pictures (my favorite).jpgPeaches moving away from Leo to resist temptation.jpgLeo is talking to me.jpg

Big ball of blur getting snow off her fur.jpg

.hanging out in the sunny spot.jpg

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#245 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 10:27 AM

Hi EOE! Sorry I've been MIA. Been having some discoure w/the DH over doing IVF - also nothing exciting was worth mentioning.

Tracy: I have a friend on here who did a FET and did not wean. He daughter was right about 2 when they did it so she was not nursing a ton anymore. She had her hormones tested and her prolactin levels were normal so she kept going. I think she may have lied to her RE though. She didn't end up weaning her older daughter until a few weeks after her new baby was born. 

Aura: I'm so sorry!!! I've been hoping you'd be updating us soon with good news!!

Montessortof: Good luck tomorrow! I'm so excited for you!! I think it makes sense that HCG would make you sick. It makes me pee a lot every time I take a trigger shot. 

AFM: Went to my new clinic yesterday. I was pissed bc they said DH did NOT have to come. We really could have just discussed this all on the phone and it turns out they do need DH to come in to do a back up sample. I also need some more bloodwork - another genetic screen and an APA test as well as a mock transfer -so it looks like we're going to have to drive up and do my baseline u/s there and do all the other stuff then. I had hoped not to drive up again until retreival. Oh well. Doing an u/s there saves us around $300. I got my tentative calendar. Didn't know I'd be taking 4 days of antagonist while using my estrogen patches before AF. So that means we can't try naturally in december. DH was really upset about not being able to try naturally one extra month and now he wants to postpone the whole thing by a month!!! Seriously??? Our convo on the phone while I drove home didn't go well. We didn't discuss it at all when we saw each other. So who knows. Also I'm learned we'll be using PIO shots instead of prometrium. So DH has to give me shots in the butt for 2 weeks after transfer (oh they have to teach him that part too). And if I get pregnant, I get to do those shots daily until 9 weeks! Eeeck!! I guess it will all be worth it for a healthy baby. I think this clinic does everything on the safe side. They said 3 days bedrest after transfer. But they also have very high success rates.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#246 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 10:46 AM

I had 3 days of bedrest after transfer too. You will be grateful for it, I promise. I actually ended up doing a couple extra half days too.

#247 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 AM

Oh I can't wait for the bedrest! I have a little one who will be just about 3 then - I could use a few days of laying around. LOL. Not sure if we'll have to get a sitter for the 2nd and 3rd days or if DH will take off from work. 

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#248 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Aura - I am so sorry. hug2.gif Keep at it, they say there is only about a 25% chance per cycle I think right? And you have lots of sperm I think? Not that it hurts any less, but it doesn't mean it's not going to work for you!

deborah - I guess I am the only one who hates bedrest. I managed about 2 hours and then I was up and making dinner for 7. Thanks for the doggie pictures lol.

rcr - January 9th, well at least you can have champagne for NYE? I know that's zero consolation but the holidays are so stressful, maybe it will be more pleasant to wait.

mole - you are too funny. Sex at the same time you say? Is that supposed to help? winky.gif We're not allowed to DTD until the beta, but I wouldn't want to anyway because the progesterone is GROSS.

Montessortof - have a wondeful retrieval tomorrow! Ask for lots of drugs! (jk because mine did NOTHING)

AFM - I got a pack of 10 tests in the mail on Wednesday and have disappointed myself with BFN yesterday and today. So I'm not very hopeful now, even though I know it's too early. This is why I don't like to POAS, and I know that but the tests were just sitting there looking at me and I couldn't resist. Twice eyesroll.gif. We went for a hike yesterday that I thought was going to be 2 hours but turned out to be 3.5. I must have misread something online. We were worried we were going to get locked in (gates close at 4:30) so DH ran ahead, and I ended up getting picked up by the Ranger in his truck and driven the last mile or so. Which is embarrassing, but it was nice to get into a warm car! 

Oh, and the founder of my dog rescue group just got arrested for "liberating" dogs from people's yards bigeyes.gif. So now I'm wondering if our foster was stolen... 

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#249 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Vegan _ I did the PIO shots in the butt myself, so it can be done. DH works out of town all week, so I had no choice. I also to the trigger in the butt myself. Let me know if you want me to explain how I do it, it is not too hard.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#250 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Vegan -Glad your appt went well and too bad they messed up and didn't tell you to bring DH.  Bummer!!!  Hope all the tests go well and you get to get the ball rolling.  So I don't get your DH?  How long have you been trying on your own now?  He knew you were going to be doing IVF right?  Men, sometimes you just never know!  LOL

Tracy - sorry I don't have any experience there so I'm of no help!!  Hope you get it figured out though.  Good luck!!!

Laggie - I hate bedrest too!!  You aren't alone!! I get so tired of laying there it drives me crazy and then my body starts to hurt too from not moving around.  Sorry to hear about the BFN's but lets hope that the beta says something different.

rcr - yay for a schedule!!  I liked Laggie's comment about at least you can enjoy New Years Eve!!!  Glad you got things figured out and i still hope that the clinic does something nice for you since they made you waste your money!!  Sorry I'm still mad for you!!! LOL

Deborah - so did you have your acupuncture that way each time you went in (laying on your stomach)?  How often were you going the weeks before your ET?

AFM - I swear, I just can't win!!!!  I got a call today from my RE's nurse saying that one of the 3 labs I had drawn here at my home clinic got messed up and they didn't run it or something crazy, so i had to go back and have it drawn again.  I wasn't a happy camper b/c i think we might have to pay for it out of pocket to begin with and now we will have to pay twice when it only needed to be done once.  What a pain.  So when i went to the lab again this morning I explained to them and told them I felt that since it was their fault I should have to pay again.  We will see what happens but I did get the blood work done.  That's about it here.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#251 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Blue / Laggie - yea, I liked that comment about NYE too, although  I will be doing stims by then, so I can't drink too much. We (DH, DS, dog, and I) got a cabin to go to nearby for two days for New years eve. I am really excited about it.

Blue - Ugh, what a pain. I would insist on not paying again. Well I will be mad at your home clinic, and you can be mad at my RE :)

Deborah - I have never had that done, but I have done accupuncture laying on my stomach, and they do some kind of smoky thing that names the needles warmer and go inside you deeper on my back.

#252 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 04:04 PM

Blue, if they messed up your lab then they should have to cover the cost of the re-draw/testing!  I would really push back on that one if it was me!!  The cycle I did acupuncture, they did the thing where I laid on my stomach and the hooked up the electrodes between my back and knees.  Like Deborah said, it was for uterine flow.

Laggie, I wouldn't worry about the BFN yet.  I really think frosties take longer to implant!  My betas were the same as my singleton pregnancy and they are still measuring 2 and 3 days behind, so they obviously implanted late (if you ask me, of course I am not a doctor :))  And that's crazy about the person letting dogs "free"!!  Hopefully, he hadn't been doing it long :( I am sure people were very sad to see their pets gone. 

Tracy, my DD self weened at 13 months and then we did our first FET 3 months later.  I would have done it sooner, but that was the quickest my RE could get me in.  I have heard (through boards like this, nothing medical) that they think breastfeeding could mess with your cycle and you would get a BFN.  I am not sure if this is true or not, but worth looking into, so no precious embies are wasted.  Keep us posted!

Vegan, that's funny (not haha funny) that your DH wants to try naturally one more cycle before starting.  Men can be so interesting sometimes...I hope you get it all worked out!!!  Your protocol sounds a lot like my successful one!

rcr, your vacation sounds really nice!  Glad you have your dates tentatively set.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#253 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Aura:  I am so sorry, hun.  Are you sure you are out?  A little blood is not unheard of....  Have you POAS???  Hoping for good news!hug2.gif

Renavoo:  I am feeling good, thank you for asking.  See more info in AFM!  Wow..3 boards.  I do not know how you keep up.  I am barely hanging on by a thread with one...  Don't you work too hard!  You have to take care of yourself and your little beans!  Did you decide when you are going to talk to your boss about your pregnancy?

Mole:  Girl..you made me giggle!  I am so glad that you and DH have sex at the same time.  Maybe that is what I am doing wrong (ha,ha!).  winky.gif  Hope that your phone call with the hospital goes well...  Good luck!

RCR:  Yea for a retrieval date.  That is so exciting thumbsup.gif.  I can not believe it about your sons teacher.  I mean you hear this stuff on the news all the time but this is really close to home.  UGH!  What is this world coming to?

Blue:  Good luck babysitting.  How old is the child?  I am sure Abby will love the attention.  Let us know how she does!  I have never had accupunture, so I can not help you out there.  Sorry.  Ugh about the lab work.  Did you pay for it via credit card?  If you did, you can fight the charges through them.  I would.  I mean...why should you pay for a service that you did not get, right?duh.gif

Monte:  Good question about the HCG shot.  I looked it up my pharmacy references and nausea/vomitting is a possible side effect.  Although I have never had a problem.  So sorry it made you sick.  I just love Charlie's comment.  How sweet is that?  Best of luck to you...goodvibes.gif

Belly:  Thanks for asking about me.  See AFM section.  How are you feeling...  Remind me, when is the next US???  So exciting!

Vegan:  Sorry to hear that you and DH may not be on the same page.  Sometimes I am just not sure that they get it and how much we have invested in this.  I realize they are along for the ride, but lets face it...we ladies really have the hard part.  The meds, the side effects, the time spent going to appointments.  It is so much.  Hopefully you can come together on this.  I asked my RE about the PIO shots.  The only reason he does not use the suppositories with IVF is he wants nothing it the vaginal tract for atleast the early stages.  I heard thay are painful, but have not used them yet (since this cycle was changed to IUI).  Hopefully this IUI will work and I will never have to see how much they suck!  Yea for a good success rate.  This is it for you!  I just know good news is around the corner!!!!

Laggie:  When is your beta?  I am so opposite of you...  I will buy the pregnancy tests, but never test.  I am too chicken.  Maybe you are jsut testing too early?  Your hiking story was very funny.  Was DH ready to kill you when you pulled up in a nice warm car????  That is terrible about the dogs.  Why would they do that?  So many animals truely are homeless?  Why would he take them from perfectly good homes?  I don't get it....

Tracy:  Sorry, I can not help you.  Breastfeeding was not an option  for me, unfortunately.  Good luck finding your answer!

AFM:  Saw the RE today.  My endometrium was 10mm.  I was happy.  I do not think it has ever been this thick.  I am hoping this is a good sign.  Have any of you had IUI and gone back 1 week post to check your endometrium??  What was is at time of IUI?  1 week post???  I have no s/s, but I know that it is way too early, so I am trying not to panic.  I saw a very, very scant amount of blood on the toilet tissue yesterday.  Not sure if it was from possible irritation from the suppository.  Want to tell myself it was IB...  Hmmmm.  Well...maybe one symptom... my lower back has been aching, but that could be from carrying around DS too...  Oh...what to think????  Thanks to all who asked about me...so sweet of you!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#254 of 1307 Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Laggie- I never said I enjoyed the bedrest,  I said I was grateful for it. I had major implantation cramping and couldn't get around much. I didn't know for sure that's what it was, but was certainly hoping and very optimistic about it. Luckily, I was right. Re: photos- Don't forget the kitty pictures! Blue- Before my ET (not the day of), I had it done 2 or 3 times I think. Since the day of transfer, I have been on my back with ear points, belly points and points above the knee. Also, on the day of, I had points in my wrist. I did it both before and after and am continuing treatment at least for now (I guess the idea is to help sustain the pregnancy).

#255 of 1307 Old 12-03-2011, 07:14 AM

Hi everyone!

Tracy, welcome! I hope your stay here is short and that you get your BFP soon.

Vegan, ugh for the bad communication with the RE's office. That's just silly because i know this place is a little farther away but hopefully alla goes well the next time. What an odd request from dh to wait another month. I think that when we started initially, we were hoping that with each natural cycle that we could get pregnant and therefore, we wouldn't have to pay out so much money. However,  I can honestly say that I regret the extra time we wasted "waiting". i hope your dh starts to feel the same way soon and that you guys can try. as for bedrest, ENJOY!

Laggie, ugh to the BFN but it really is early so don't take the result too seriously! AAh, those tests are so addicting!! But evil, when they remain white. haha I am so with you about not wanting to BD with DH while taking these drugs. we're counting down because Dec 5th is the last day for my drugs. I'm so excited and I just can't wait to be able to connect with dh again. it's been a while and he's been really good about it but impatient. :o) As for the news about the founder of your group, wow! Why did he do that? Is he just against dogs being kept in the yard?

Praying, no I didn't check my lining after the IUI but that is cool! And a lining of 10mm is fantastic! Ooooh I wonder if it was IB?! That would be so cool! Although the suppositories are supposed to cause bleeding in some people too. When I spot, I wonder if it's because of the suppositories too. I stop using the applicator when that happens and the spotting usually ends so I think that it probably is related. I'm hoping in your case it is IB though!!

Blue, I'm with the other ladies....they should PAY for the second round since they screwed up. I think you should demand it. It doesn't hurt. By the way, as an example, I had a teeth guard made and before it was made, the office manager said that the fee would be 200 dollars above my insurance coverage so I agreed to it. i just received a bill for 270 as the outstanding balance and I was livid. I emailed the guy and asked him to explain this additional fee. He wrote back and said that i was right and that he would stand by his initial bill so i didn't have to pay the extra 270. So sometimes, it does work out. At the very least, it doesn't hurt to ask.

RCR, Wow, I'm so happy your DS wasn't impacted by the evil teacher. Yah for a 1/9 retrieval!! At least you finally have a schedule! By the way, you are my hero for being able to self inject an intramuscular injection. I couldn't even inject subcutaneous injections!!

Hope all is going well with everyone else!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#256 of 1307 Old 12-03-2011, 07:52 AM

Yes, mine was electrodes too (kind of like a Tenzins system, but I think not quite the same).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post

Blue, if they messed up your lab then they should have to cover the cost of the re-draw/testing!  I would really push back on that one if it was me!!  The cycle I did acupuncture, they did the thing where I laid on my stomach and the hooked up the electrodes between my back and knees.  Like Deborah said, it was for uterine flow.

Laggie, I wouldn't worry about the BFN yet.  I really think frosties take longer to implant!  My betas were the same as my singleton pregnancy and they are still measuring 2 and 3 days behind, so they obviously implanted late (if you ask me, of course I am not a doctor :))  And that's crazy about the person letting dogs "free"!!  Hopefully, he hadn't been doing it long :( I am sure people were very sad to see their pets gone. 

Tracy, my DD self weened at 13 months and then we did our first FET 3 months later.  I would have done it sooner, but that was the quickest my RE could get me in.  I have heard (through boards like this, nothing medical) that they think breastfeeding could mess with your cycle and you would get a BFN.  I am not sure if this is true or not, but worth looking into, so no precious embies are wasted.  Keep us posted!

Vegan, that's funny (not haha funny) that your DH wants to try naturally one more cycle before starting.  Men can be so interesting sometimes...I hope you get it all worked out!!!  Your protocol sounds a lot like my successful one!

rcr, your vacation sounds really nice!  Glad you have your dates tentatively set.

#257 of 1307 Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 AM

Oh I had the electrodes too once. My acupuncturist said it was to increase blood flow and thicken my lining. No idea if it worked or not though. 

Cindy

#258 of 1307 Old 12-03-2011, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't time to do personals.

I've herd back from the NHS clinic and they say I need a referal from my GP so looks like I'll have to go right back to the bottom of the list.

I'm quiet disapointed but on the other hand it means I can get on with my private clinic rather than hanging around.

I can do two private IVF and still qualify for NHS when I get to the top fo the list but I don't know whether to wait untill I'm safley on the list which will take months before starting my private treatment.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#259 of 1307 Old 12-04-2011, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Silver, I am sorry. How long is the waiting list?

#260 of 1307 Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 AM

Silver:  I am sorry to hear about your bad news.  Here is hoping that you will have success with your private insurance and you will not have to wait long at all!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#261 of 1307 Old 12-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Good news over here! My egg retrieval went great. They retrieved 14 eggs, 11 of which were mature. Of those, 9 successfully fertilized. I'm so excited! We are transferring two embryos on Tuesday morning!

Tess - Mom to Charlie (8/12/08)

#262 of 1307 Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM

Wonderful news Montessortof!

#263 of 1307 Old 12-04-2011, 02:36 PM

Yay, that's so exciting Montessortof!!! You're doing a 3 day transfer, right? I bet you can't wait!!

AFM: I finally asked DH today if he decided about when to do the IVF and he said that we'll go ahead when I want to do it. Yay!! So I didn't have to argue or anything - I just let it sit for a few days. I was really sad and depressed yesterday but tried to hide it and didn't say anything about why. Maybe that's why he agreed. Happy to be moving forward again! I'm guessing I will start my estrogen patches and antagonist injections on christmas. 

Cindy

#264 of 1307 Old 12-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Silver, ugh to having to be put on the bottom of the list. But you can go through your private center so that's good right? Why would you have to wait? would they possibly not put you in the list if they found out that you were going through private means as well? That would be silly! I hope you don't have to delay more than you already have!

Montessortof, YAH! what a great retrieval! I can't wait to hear about the transfer. The hard part is over. (although waiting is no piece of cake either!)

Vegan, YAH! I'm so happy that your DH agreed to move forward. It is so exciting! hopefully your Christmas start means that a wonderful present is coming your way!

Laggie, RCR and Blue, how are you ladies doing?

Sorry if I missed anyone! I'm really in a fog today. feeling exhausted. I hope that I get better because these next two weeks are going to be tough work wise and I'll have to be at work late often. So, fingers crossed that it's just today that I'm feeling so tired!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#265 of 1307 Old 12-04-2011, 07:42 PM

Renavoo - hope you get a good night sleep and have more energy to tackle your week tomorrow.  I can't believe it is Monday already.  Boo Hoo!!  I really think we need 3 day weekends.  So funny to read that you have a teeth guard or I'm assuming that is the same as a bite guard b/c I have one too.  I've actually gone through several and this one i have now is starting to get pretty worn and I'm just hoping that I don't have to replace it too soon.  Must be all the stress of IF that cause us to grind our teeth while we sleep.

Vegan Princess - Yay, for DH going along with your wishes.  Glad to hear you didn't have to fight about it and you get to get things moving.  

Monte- so glad to hear all went well and that you got so many eggs.  Sending lots of good fertilizing and growing vibes your way.  Keep us posted.  What is your bedrest requirements?  I forget.

Silver - sorry to hear you are at the bottom of the list at the one place.  So if you go with the private place does that mean it will cost you more money or what?  I guess i'm confused, sorry. I guess I don't understand how NHS and the private clinic are different or what the perks exactly are there.  Hope it all works out for the best and things get resolved.

Praying - I think 10mm is great for your lining!!!  So are you asking if anyone went back one week after the iui for a check?  If so, I never had to do that but maybe that is new.  All our iui's were at least 2 or more yrs ago but that does kinda seem funny.  The baby we were baby sitting was a little 9 month old boy.  Abby loved him, probably a little too much and kept trying to lick his face and he got a little tired of that. He finally fell asleep on me and then abby jumped up on that couch beside us and feel asleep by his feet.  It was pretty cute.

rcr - what is new?

Laggie - tomorrow is that day right??  Fingers crossed for you!!  Sorry to hear about your dog rescue group.. that is crazy!!

Belly - glad to hear you had that kind of acupuncture too especially since  you got pregnant.  Still a little nervous now about transferring 3 but i think we will go for it.  We will see.

Hi to everyone else too.  Getting late and I need to go to bed b/c i have to work tomorrow and then i have my OBGYN post-biopsy appt tomorrow late afternoon.  Hoping that all goes well... fingers crossed. I start Lupron this coming Thurs.  Oh and I'm still waiting for my other test results.  Hope to hear this week.  Not sure about having to pay for the 2nd blood draw but I told them I didn't think that we should have to pay for it b/c it was their fault, so we will see.  Have a great week everyone.  Things seem to be starting to get so busy with the holidays coming up.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#266 of 1307 Old 12-05-2011, 06:13 AM

Vegan: I'm so glad your DH is on board and you can get going.

Blue: Yay for getting started! That's so exciting!

In answer to questions: Yes, I'm doing a Day 3 transfer. My clinic says there's no reason to do bed rest. They have you lie down for 30 minutes after the transfer before going home, but don't require or even recommend anything else. I'll probably hang out in bed for the afternoon anyway. There's no reason not to. The transfer is at 11 AM and I don't need to pick up my son at day care until 5.

Tess - Mom to Charlie (8/12/08)

#267 of 1307 Old 12-05-2011, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Wow, Monte, that is great news! So many eggs, and so many fertilized.

Blue - hope the test results say that everything is OK. did they say why they were there? Any idea if it is related to IF treatments? So you start Lupron with BCP? or you don't do BCP at all? Can you describe your protocol to me? Maybe it is different because it is FET?

Vegan - glad your DH came around. Men are so strange sometimes.

Laggie - everything crossed for you!

Praying - I sometimes had to go back for a 1 week progestrone check for my IUIs. After a few of them I stopped because I had never had a problem with progestrone so they assumed I was ok. All of my IUIs were with injectibles though, so maybe it is different?

Rena/ Blue / AFM - thanks for asking how I am. I am fine. We have all been sick this weekend, but I am finally back to work and DS is back to school. I stop BCP for a week on Thursday, then it is back on them for just a few days shy of 2 weeks.

#268 of 1307 Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Oh, and Laggie - that is crazy about the rescue group. Have the police contacted the foster families? So strange. With so many homeless dogs out there, why in the world would anybody want to steal one and pretend that is was homeless. Did they think they were doing something good because the dogs they stole were kept outside or something?

#269 of 1307 Old 12-05-2011, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

OK, sorry for the triple post. I keep remembering things I was going to write over the weekend.

Aura - How are you? Did you go in for your beta? Hope you are ok.

#270 of 1307 Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Oh, and I updated the front Page. Vegan, Blue, I was not sure where to put you. Please let me know. Others, if you want to be moved, let me know.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page