Winter IVF Thread : Bring on the BFPs! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi!

Please join in and share your trials and tribulations during the IVF process. It's the winter season and hopefully, we get a lot of BFPs to herald the spring.

If anybody wants their name off or put on the list , just let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hoping we all will graduate soon. Let me know where you are in your IVF process by placing the information in BOLD and I will add you. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all!!! PS. We hope all of you graduates stick around to give advice and stalk away!!! STALKERS are welcome on this thread!!!

For those ladies from the Fall IVF thread, please let me know how you would like me to update your blurb! I think some are outdated.

Fall IVF treehugger.gif

Gathering Information/Money / In Waiting

Silverbird

PrayingHard

Vegan Princess

Blueeyezz4

rcr

Hope4light

GaleTX

Auraleigh - appointment 5/8

Suppression

Vegan Princess

PrayingHard

GaleTX

Auraleigh

silverbird

blueeyezz4

Hope4light 3/19

On Stim

Vegan Princess

GaleTX 2/3

Auraleigh

silverbird 2/3

GellyBeanGrl

Saphrons

Trigger shot

Vegan Princess 1/10

GaleTX 2/11

Silverbird 2/18

Saphrons

Egg Retrieval

Vegan Princess 1/12 

GaleTX 2/13

Silverbird 2/20

Saphrons 3/12

Embryo Transfer

Vegan Princess 1/15

Blueeyezz4 3/9 (single FET)

GaleTX 2/16 (two beautiful embies!)

Silverbird 2/22

GellyBeanGrl (FET 3/28)

Kaliprincess 3/10

Saphrons 3/15 (two beautiful embies!)

Test Date

Vegan Princess 1/25 and 1/27

Auraleigh 2/21

GaleTX 3/1

Silverbird 3/8

Blueeyezz4 3/20

joy.gifWinter BFPjoy.gif

Belly - TWINS! twins.gif

Deborahbgkelly - TWINS! twins.gif

Kinza - TWINS! twins.gif

Montessortof - TWINS! twins.gif

Mole (Free baby!!) smile.gif

Vegan Princesssmile.gif

GaleTX smile.gif

In our thoughts:

Alphahen candle.gif

Laggie 6/3/11  candle.gif

Silverbird's DH candle.gif

Our Fearless Predecessors

TenzinsMama- FREE baby!!!

Renavoo- TWINS!

Inwaiting -  8-3-11

Keria - 6-13-11 TWINS

Bungalowmama - 8-5-11

Lyndiramos

graf214 - 8-19-11

CassnBeth

Missme 3-21-11 

primipara 3-30-11 

Kewpie80 5-20-11 - TWINS!

FtMPapa 1/26/10
Paytonsmommy 3/3/10
New Mama 3/19/10
KellyTTC#1 3/27/10
Samkris123 9/21
Slylives 10/4
Ratgrl - 10/16
Maurine - 11/23
Tear - Thanksgiving Day - 11/25

Sarahcecile 1-13-11

KristinaMarie 1-24-11

Sweetdynasty 2-14-11

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#2 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

rcr - thanks for starting the new thread!!  I sure hope you get some of that Thread-keepers luck.  I've never been so lucky all the times I've hosted, but I sure hope you are!!!  Hope your trip goes well and that AF maybe stays away until you get back (unless you would rather have her come while you are away).

Vegan Princess - Glad to hear your fsh is pretty good.  I haven't had to have mine checked for awhile so i forget what is normal.  I was taking wheat grass too.  What form and how much were you taking??? 

AFM - still waiting on AF! Wonder if she will be worse since I was on so much more progesterone.  Not much else here.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#3 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Blue / Vegan - I am taking this kind of wheat grass (Amazing grass). I know that they say the pills are not as good as the actual juice, but I am not at the store every day to get the juice, and in any case, it is expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Grass-Organic-Tablets-200-Count/dp/B0010Y6QBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321370879&sr=8-1

I take sometimes 8 a day, but they are pretty huge, so sometimes I take a lot less.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#4 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 07:58 AM

rcr - LOL... that is the same bottle I have too and I think I got it at the Vitamin Shoppe here in my city. I'll have to compare prices and see if it would be cheaper to buy online.  Thanks for sharing!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#5 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 AM

Thanks for starting this RCR!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#6 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 09:29 AM

rcr - Please take me off the Gathering/Waiting list. We are done with ART. I'll still be lurking to hopefully see a bunch of BFP this winter.

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 
#7 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Blue / Vegan - I am taking this kind of wheat grass (Amazing grass). I know that they say the pills are not as good as the actual juice, but I am not at the store every day to get the juice, and in any case, it is expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Grass-Organic-Tablets-200-Count/dp/B0010Y6QBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321370879&sr=8-1

I take sometimes 8 a day, but they are pretty huge, so sometimes I take a lot less.

rcr - Do you know if you can keep taking this when you get pregnant???  When it was explained to me it is supposedly just like eating veggies, but from a bottle.  I have been bad and haven't taken it for a month or two, but probably should get back on the wagon b/c I know I don't eat enough veggies.

#8 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

rcr - thanks for starting the thread! Can you change me to TRANSFER 11/25 though please? Currently it says I am having an egg retrieval in February (I sure hope not!! lol.gif)

Yesterday I set an alarm in my phone for 3 pm and 10 pm... I really have no excuse for missing pills aside from laziness. Dumb, right? I think I'm afraid to get too emotionally invested in this cycle. 

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#9 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 02:21 PM

Hi All:

RCR:  Thanks so much for starting a new thread.  I was getting sad thinking our time all together may be coming to an end.  You ladies know a lot more about what is going on with me then most people I know. 

I just want to say thank you to all of you!  You have no idea how much your advice, experiences and support mean to me.  Without you I think I would be looney toons by now!

I will try to write more personals later!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#10 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM

rcr, WOW!  Way to be on top of getting a new thread started!!!!  I do believe in thread keeper's luck!  I really hope this is your cycle!!!

Laggie, glad you got your alarm set!!  How exciting, the 25th is NEXT WEEK!!!! 

Aura, I know how you feel about being here many seasons, Fall was my fourth this time around...it can be sad to think about the time lost, but I can't imagine meeting a better group of ladies.  I sure hope this is your cycle!  Is there a tentative trigger date?  (Sorry if I missed it!)

Praying, we enjoy your company and having you here with us!  I hope you are able to get started soon!  Keep us posted!

Blue, how are you feeling today?  How is Abby doing?

Vegan, great news about your FSH!!!

AFM, just anxious for my beta tomorrow morning.  I think I'll call them at 2 if they haven't called me with the results...I can't handle that stress again :) 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#11 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Hi all,

thanks for the new thread rcr.

I'm a little better today thought still a bit low.

Blue hope your doing OK and the same to everyone else.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#12 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 04:56 PM

belly, trigger is TONIGHT!!!  i realize that now since i'm doing IUI and not IVF anymore (so backwards!) I wasn't sure where I belonged anymore... but i love this thread and don't want to leave!  *frantically holds laptop*

i realize i shouldn't complain that this is my third season because know that other ladies have been around for many more.  i'm just so grateful for everyone here because it is really my only outlet where i can obsess, panic, cry, rejoice, and compare.  i am thankful! 

blue and rcr, hopefully AF will come so you can start the next cycle!  

rcr, can you put me as trigger tonight and "transfer" on 11/17?   thanks!

laggie, the date is coming soon! i use my iphone as an alarm for everything.  hopefully it will work as a reminder for you!

tonight is my trigger!  i've got three follicles at 18, 17, and 16.  my lining was at 7, which is way thinner than it was for IVF.  i always had about a 12.  my RE said 7 is perfectly fine but my accupuncturist made me come in tonight after work for an extra session to try and beef it up.  i will trigger at 10pm and then go in for the IUI on thursday morning.  i hope it works! 

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#13 of 1307 Old 11-15-2011, 06:24 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  irked.gif  Just wrote a long post and hit some key and bam it's gone.  Deep breath!!!!!  Here we go again.  You would think I would have learned by now.  I used to copy my posts towards the bottom just in case something like this happens, but I hadn't done it this time.

Aura - Good luck with the trigger tonight!!  Keep us posted.  Hold tight to that laptop b/c once an IVF sister, always an IVF sister!!!!!

Silver - sorry to hear you have had some darker days lately!  I hope the sun starts to shine on your life more and more everyday!!!!  Are you windows done?  What was going on with them?

Belly - fingers crossed for your beta tomorrow.  Keep us posted.  Abby is doing good thanks.  She is missing her playing ball sessions though.  I'm so glad to have her in my life right now.  She just loves to make me laugh and smile b/c she is so stinking cute and I think she knows that she has me wrapped around her paw that little stinker!!!!  I don't think I'd would have been able to get through this last couple BFN cycles without her and also all of you guys on here.

Praying -  Did you happen to see my question about the wheat germ above??  What is next for you?

Laggie - That is how I always remembered to take my shots - setting my alarm on my phone.  I would have been lost some days without it.

Deborah - how are you doing?  When is your beta??

rcr - hope you have a good trip.  Don't know if you will get this until after you get back but where did you end up going??

Julieven - Good to see your name again. What is going on with your DH and his appts?  Anything?  Fill us in.  Hope you are well!!

AFM - Been having some weird pain type feelings, but it isn't the end of the world and just every now and then.  I think it might be AF trying to figure out if she should show up or not.  Normally I start spotting and then she shows the next day so now I'm just waiting for the spotting to come.  I think I'm still kinda in shock that this last cycle didn't work.  I just don't get what went wrong b/c everything seemed so perfect.  Who knows.  The other thing that would have been great is that it would have been a summer baby which I would have loved.  Sometimes I just wish that I had a crystal ball that would tell me if this last cycle is even worth doing and spending the money on.  Where is that crystal ball when I need it.

#14 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 03:07 AM

hi ladies, just wanted to chime in. RCR thanks for starting the new thread!! Ooops, it looks like I didn't get to many of the changes for people through the couple months I was threadmaster. Sorry ladies!

Rcr, I hope that either of the 2 clinics were good for you! let us know what the results were.

Blue, I am so happy you have Abby too. I think she sounds like a little angel (a rambunctious one!) in disguise and it's amazing how healing a dog's love is, isn't it? So many times during this process, i wished I had my dog with me. (he passed away many years ago but I remember the love I had for him. I would get another dog but my apartment building doesn't allow it) Hey, WHEN you get pregnant this round (I'm optimistic!) you'll still have a summer baby...or an Indian summer baby. haha.

Silver,  hug2.gif You are such a strong person. I'm so glad that we get to be here with you.

Aura, I can't wait to count down with you!! Tomorrow starts your 2ww right? YAH! Let's go sperm and eggie!

Praying, I'm happy you joined us too. You definitely add some wonderful insights for us and I love seeing you through this journey. So where are you now in your cycle?

Laggie, i don't think it's dumb. First of all, time gets away from all of us! Second of all, it's hard to get invested when you're faced with so much disappointment. i think that it's just about being cautiously optimistic. However you feel, just know that we are here wishing the best for you!! here's hoping to this being your month!!! Just a little more than a week to go!

Julie, what is next on the schedule for you?

Ok, ladies, I just wanted to say that I'm hoping the best for all of you during this winter. It's the holiday season! here's to some wonderful gifts for all of you during this season!! :o)

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#15 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 06:23 AM

Blue- still having some major cramping and I completely forgot to go to my acupuncturist yesterday because of it. I have had a little more respite than in previous days, but still frustrating. My beta is Friday.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#16 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 06:27 AM

Also, I think we would all like a crystal ball sometimes. I'm panicked about what will happen if this cycle didn't work because my RE is not comfortable doing another retrieval on me. I may be able to convince her to do it in a hospital, but even then she wasn't thrilled about it. I'm not ready yet to move on to adoption and I don't know how I feel about an egg donor. I guess we could try IUI. I know I'm panicking for no reason at this point because we don't know if we were successful or not, but no AF as of yet, so I'm very hopeful.

#17 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 07:02 AM

Deborah - Cramping is a good sign, I think. I had it for awhile, but then it totally went away so I think that is great that it is still happening.  Also sounds like maybe pregnancy brain has set in too with the forgetting!!  Let hope!!  I'm still waiting for AF to show up even now after my BFN.  Isn't there another RE that you could go to if you had to?

Renavoo - when are you going to your boss that you are pregnant? Will you just tell him and ask him not to tell anyone or how will you go about that?? I think they really need to back off a bit and not be putting so much stress on you.  You don't want to ever regret working so hard that you wear yourself out.  You have another job now too to take care of those babes too.  I sure hope things start to slow down for you some and it's not so stressful!!!  Actually, it would be an Oct baby if we got pregnant w/ our next cycle it would be due in Oct actually which is kinda weird b/c that is when our boys were due too.

AFM - still no sign of AF. 

#18 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 AM

Hi all wave.gif

Blue: Thanks same to you! I've had some super dooper heat keeping in duoble glazing fitted, is all done now! I love this stuff: http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatalog/nls.html nautres living superfood it has all sorts of green superfoods, probitotis and digestive enzymes so you don't have to take a bunch of stuff.  Hope af shows up soon.

Aura: I think this may be my fourth or fith season I've not had any treament yet! But I love it here and the ladies all help me throguh dark times.  I'm hoping to avoid IVF and succed with iui but I guess I'm still in waiting encase that doesn't happen.

Juliven: hug2.gif I hope things are working out for you.  It's something I've been thinking about before I even start.  How many treatments should I attempt before I quit? For me adoption is something I'd consider so I don't want to spend to long on ART.  If it wasn't I don't know if I could ever face stopping.

Renvano: Thanks, hope all is going well with you.

Laggie good luck with your transfer.

Debhoura good luck with your 2ww!

AFM: SIL took me to see the hopsital today because I started having a panic attack last night about going back to the building where DH died.  But I managed it OK so I feel a little better now.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#19 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Aura - I did IVF a little over a year ago, and it didn't work. The DR suggested doing IUIs, since I never did any, so we did 5 with injectibles. I stayed on this thread the whole time, like you, I didn't want to leave and have to get to know a whole new group of people, and I felt really close to the people on this thread. So no worries, stick around as long as you want. IUIs and IVF are pretty similar anyway.

Laggie - oh right, duh, transfer...

Julie - I am deleting you. Hope you still pop in once in a while.

Silver - sorry you are feeling low. Hugs to you.

Blue - I am not gone yet, and in any case I am taking my laptop with me. I am going to Baltimore and then Dayton. AF after IF treatments is always really weird for me.

Rena - I am hoping that some of your threadkeepers luck will rub off on me!!

AFM - still no AF. I found several clinics in both cities, but I don't think it will be Baltimore, I am  not feeling AF at all. On one hand on hope she comes so that I can start my cycle. On the other hand, I kinda don't want it to until I get back home - but that is a week and a half away, so I don' think it will happen anyway.

#20 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 08:50 AM

rcr: I wanted to ask about your cycle and bloom audio.  Do you think it would be sutible for a single? I don't want to spend my money and find it says things like "now imagine your partners sperm and your egg coming together as a symbol of your love" or anything which assums I know my childs gentic father!

Hope u can get a good clinic and good timing for af.

#21 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Silver - I will pm you about the circle bloom audio. No, it doensn't say anything about a partner, from what I remember. I like it a lot, actually. It is all about the egg, baby, and you. It is basically a relixation CD more than anything.

#22 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 10:12 AM

Blue- I sure hope you're right! I've had some major mood swings today too, but that could happen either way :-).

#23 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 10:18 AM

In terms of another RE, yes, there are two other doctors in the clinic and we have CCRM.

#24 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 11:43 AM

Deborah, that is a difficult situation.  I can imagine that really freaked your RE out.  I still think you have a great chance with this cycle working so there is no need to worry about it yet!!!  Sending lots of sticky vibes your way!   Can't wait for your beta Friday!

Silver, sorry you are still feeling a little down.  I know sometimes I get in a funk and it's hard to shake.   I hope you start feeling better soon.

Aura, I think you have a great chance this month!!!  A 7mm lining is a common measurement with lots of BFPs!! 

AFM, my clinic called extra early today!!!  Maybe because I asked if the equipment was being serviced again this week :)  Well, my beta was 4713, a doubling time of 49 hours (at this stage with DD it was 52) so that was fantastic news!!!  My numbers are still a little higher than with DD so I don't know if it is a single that implanted a little earlier or maybe twins a little later?!?  I am still thinking just one, but maybe that's wishful thinking :)  I go back in ONE week for my ultrasound and more blood work...if I don't die from anxiousness first!!!! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#25 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Blue - The crystal ball would sure be nice!

Belly - Since I have no experience with beta comparing, is it usually similar between singleton pregnancies? Like whatever numbers you had with your successful cycle with your daughter would be similar to this BFP?

Laggie - I had a hard time feeling involved in the FET too. I thought it was because compared to IVF it was really not much to schedule/do, KWIM?

Rena, Silver, Blue, and whoever else asked, AFM - nothing. We are done with treatments and leaving another child up to fate. I just can't do it anymore and I need to move on and focus on the family I have. If we get lucky on our own I will be thrilled, but I can't intentionally choose to repeat the last two years. I don't regret doing it, but I need to stop.

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 
#26 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 01:15 PM

I forgot who asked me about the wheatgrass. I buy pallets of wheatgrass at the grocery store and put it in my juice (I have a method that doesn't require a juicer). I also go to jamba a lot. I got $50 worth of gift cards for jamba for $40 (20% off) at costco. And when I don't manage either, I take capsules with it in it. 

Deborah: Do you mind me asking why your RE is anti retreival for you? I am open to donor eggs if the one cycle with OE doesn't work. I'm picking donors and getting on lists now, just in case. Hoping you're prego right now!!!

Silver: I don't know you or your story but I want to offer hugs. I can only guess what you've been through. I'm sorry you had a panic attack. They are truly awful!!

Well yesterday I had a melt down bc my clinic called and told me they mistakenly cancelled my consult for tomorrow! And I made the appt 2 months ago! I was thinking they woulnd't be able to get me in again until after my cycle is supposed to start. Thankfully they called this morning and said my doc agreed to stay late tomorrow. I have my consult with a clinic 2 hours away in about 2 hours (phone). They are a cheaper and have a high success rate. They also have a great donor egg program. And I also just want a 2nd opinion about protocols, etc. 

Ugh, the whole appt thing made me totally bawl and cry to DH about the stress of all this and how I'm just sick of arranging all this stuff and going through all this crap. I finally just went to bed at 8. I felt so much better this morning, even before my clinic called to tell me they fit me in.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#27 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 01:55 PM

Belly - joy.gif for another awesome beta!!!!!!!  Can't wait until your u/s.  Can you tell me more about what your protocol was that they had you on for this last FET that worked. Sorry if you already told us but i need a re-cap.

Julie - I hope all goes well with your plans and that you will be surprised with a free baby one of these days!!!  Make sure you stick around and pop your head in now and then too.  hug.gif

Vegan princess - it was me asking about the wheat germ.  Thanks.  Do you know if you can still take it even when you are pregnant?  I can't believe they cancelled your appt and then got you in on the same day.  Sounds kinda odd.  I had a Dr. call once and cancel a appt like a month in advance saying that the dr had an emergency.  That sounded even more fishy to me that he knew he was going to have an emergency a month later. (unless it was like a family member scheduled for surgery or something, then I could understand.)

#28 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 02:03 PM

Blue: They realized yesterday that the front desk lady cancelled it during my last IUI cycle. I know when it happened - I specifically told her not to and she did anyway. My coordinator just realized it yesterday - and they had already given away my appt time a couple weeks ago. So glad they fixxed it!! As for wheat grass while prego. Absolutely! It is so healthy for you! That said, I tried to drink it while I was pregnant with my daughter and it made me feel ill and like I was going to puke. So it was a nice thought but I couldn't stomach much of it. Perhaps the pills would sit better on a pregnant belly (and I didn't have morning sickness - but your stomach gets sensitive and digestion slows and you get indigestion easily). 

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#29 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 03:58 PM

Vegan, that's great they were able to get you in since it was their mistake.  We got our first appt with the new RE because someone cancelled otherwise if we hadn't got in right away, I wouldn't have been able to start my drugs at the beginning of my cycle and it would have cost me a whole extra 30+ days!  Yay for getting started!

Blue, here was my protocol this time:

Baby Asprin started during AF and haven't stopped

BCP start 9/8 end 9/23

Lupron start while on BCP 9/19 end 10/21

Doxycycline start 9/19 end 9/28

Delestrogen start 10/3, still taking every Monday and Friday

PIO start 10/22, (still taking but changed to oral progesterone after positive beta since I was having a slight reaction)

Medrol and Doxycycline start 10/23 end 10/28

Edometrin start 11/8 (after positive beta)

My old FET's were just estrace and a progesterone suppository (not endometrim), so this was a HUGE difference for me :)

Julie,  I really really really hope you get a surprise BFP!!  I know what you mean about moving on, after this year of constant treatments I felt like I had missed "enjoying" my life because I was always looking towards the next cycle, then so disappointed when it was a BFN. 

I am not sure if betas can be compared with each pregnancy.  I tried to find information online but couldn't find anything.  I did see a story about a lady that had beta's like mine and it was twins, then she did a FET and her beta's were half of her fresh cycle so she assumed it was a singleton, but it was twins too!  Here are all of my numbers with DD and this one...it seems like they are just a hair higher.  But since there is no way to tell the exact day/time of implantation, I think I'll have to wait to find out for sure next week.

DD

7dp5dt: 44

9dp5dt: 164

17dp5dt: 2158

This time:

10dp5dt: 208

12dp5dt: 454

19dp5dt: 4713

AFM, still feeling pretty good about my beta today.  I know it will wear off soon and I'll start worrying about the u/s next week, but for now I am trying to enjoy the moment and how far we have made it this time.

#30 of 1307 Old 11-16-2011, 04:44 PM

Belly: Awesome betas! 

AFM: Had my phone consult with the doctor 2 hours away. We would do estrogen priming before I get my period, then a combo of letrozole (femara) followed by gonal-f injections and an antagonist. Probably also vaginal suppositories of estrogen to thicken the lining after I finish taking the femara. He said the drug cost is a lot lower doing the mix. He thinks it would work well bc I respond so well to letrozole alone. I would also need less monitoring visits - which keeps the cost down as well if I need to pay for that to be done here instead of driving 2 hours each way. I'll get all the financial info for my specific case tomorrow (I hope). But I think it's 3k cheaper and they have a high success rate. I meet with my own doc tomorrow and then I'll have to decide which clinic to use. Tough to decide. Did any of of you have to choose between multiple clinics? If so, how did you decide??

Cindy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page