~ DECEMBER 2011 INFERTILITY ONE THREAD ~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 267 Old 12-22-2011, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Brichole- They are being pretty nice right now! I always wonder why people get so worried if their symptoms diminish around 9 or 10 weeks considering that is EXACTLY when they usually do diminish based on biology. The placenta has begun to take over hormone production at this point. I know that most people don't have that knowledge. I didn't until I read my pregnancy book, but I would hope people would read once they know they are pregnant. Sorry, I know I should be more sympathetic considering how hard it is for people to get pregnant (including myself), but when I was throwing up into a bag on the couch and briefly checked in online to discover people complaining/worrying they didn't have symptoms. I was jealous of them! I know I'm lucky it's not every day, but ugh! Sorry- needed to vent. I didn't realize I needed to vent until now. Haha. AFM- Nice solid A in my class! Also, today is my "graduation day" from the RE. I will have my ultrasound this morning and then will see my OB starting in January. The RE will continue to monitor my hormones, but I think they said I could have the OB do the blood draws and just send them over.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#242 of 267 Old 12-22-2011, 11:23 AM

renavoo - Thank you for your kind words. I was really sure too because of all the cramping. It turns out I had a pelvic infection from the progesterone and that's why I was in so much pain. Yesterday morning I could barely get out of bed. Right now I'm being treated for it. I was tested for basically everything before we started cycling with our RE and the only thing that came out low was my B12, so I am taking a supplement for that.

Sourire - I'm so sorry about your BFN. I'm feeling depressed over the BFN, but I'm trying to stay positive and move forward. I think I will be charting this month since we're not doing a medicated cycle, and I really would like to know if I'll ovulate anyway. I'll post a link once I get it up. How are you doing? Are we cycle buddies again? AF showed up for me today.
Hurray for more vacation time! That's awesome news. I hope your holidays are great, even with pregnant SIL and your mom. I hope things go smoothly!

deborah - Yay for great numbers! I'm glad you don't have to worry about having enough Estrogen.
Congratulations on graduating from your RE!! That must be exciting.

monkey - Thank you. I was really hoping to join your due date club. I'll still be following your pregnancy though. How are your symptoms? I hope they're going easy on you.

brichole - Thanks for the prayers, I really appreciate them. I'm hoping we get a BFP this cycle, even though we're not doing a medicated one. Who knows, maybe we will get a BFP the natural way!
I'm glad you're making an appointment with your GYN. I think that will help give you some answers and reassurance. Keep us updated on your testing!

How is everyone else doing? Any updates?

AFM, chica was right and I did have an infection from the progesterone. After I got the BFN news and stopped the supplements, the pain and discomfort got a lot worse. By yesterday morning I could barely get out of bed, so I went to the Urgent Care Centre. I'm now being treated for that. I feel kind of stupid that I thought I was experiencing implantation pain when it was really an infection. Ugh. I also got AF today, so now begins our natural cycle (clinic is closed until Jan 12th). I plan on charting this one to see if I still ovulate, and so I can keep track of days incase I don't get AF without a medicated cycle.

I'm really depressed over another BFN. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard. I know you all know that. Tuesday was especially hard. I'm a Sparks leader (like Girl Scouts for 5 and 6 year olds) and another of the leaders had a daughter three weeks ago and she brought her to the meeting because we were having a special holiday show for all the parents. I am so happy and excited for her, she's a wonderful and loving mama, and it was great to see her and her babe, but we had just gotten the news of the BFN the day before and I was still feeling very sorry for myself. I held her sweet baby and she was just amazing. She nuzzled her head into my neck and made funny faces at me. The other parents and leader were making comments on how I have a way with babies and how I would be an amazing mother. I know people say things like that and they have no idea of my infertility struggles, but it was hard to hear. I wish I could have said "and I will be soon!" I was glad to be alone on the drive home (I normally bring my friend's daughter with me, but her dad came with her to see the show). Right now I'm moving back to hopeful though. A new cycle is beginning and it is possible that we may conceive naturally. I'm thinking BDing every second day would be a sure way to catch that O!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#243 of 267 Old 12-22-2011, 11:37 AM

Definitely exciting! Our ultrasound was wonderful. We found a membrane! I am officially carrying mono-di twins :-). Both babies have super strong heartbeats at 180 each. Baby A is measuring 8 weeks 5 days and Baby B is measuring 8 weeks 6 days (exactly  how they've been growing- 2 and 3 days behind). They actually did get measurements of 9 weeks each, but it was the last one and she had been saying it was hard to measure because they were moving around so much! So, sticking with the more conservative numbers.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#244 of 267 Old 12-22-2011, 11:49 AM

Deborah:  i totally feel you on how people are with complaining about having no signs of being pregnant.  Yes, it is reasuring but let me tell ya lol i has sick for 9 months straight with emma!!!! I could of done without some of my side effects of being pregnant...but on the other hand i was greatful to have them...  ; )   

Sourire:  Thank hehe...DH and I have had a lot of time on our hands at night when the girls have gone to sleep lol...and he's been feeling "froggy" in the mornings too, so if we didn't catch my eggie this month i'm going to go crazy!!! we have done everything possible....so maybe I'll get to share my news Sunday....i'm sure my christmas will suck though if i don't get a bfp christmas eve or christmas day...because AF is due to show her stupid face ON christmas, so Merry CHristmas to me if we aren't baking a bun right now!!!

Shesaidboom:  Here's to a natural cycle!!!!   champagne.gif    I hope that this is your month!!!  I'm happy AF showed up too!!! I'll be sending up lots to thoughts and prayers for you guys!!! I also agree that as long as you BD every other day you will be good!!!  We did every other day this time and then we've managed some how to get in at least 1 a day since then lol....

AFM:  I'm about to get off work and head out to do my in processing for the new contract with the new contractor.  I really hope that everything goes well.  I"m really not looking forward to it but at least I still have a job.  I am breaking to news to one of my co-workers who i have less seniority to that i got 1st shift when she wanted it...i figured it would be better coming from me and not from everyone else...though i'm sure she already knows...but she just hasn't said anything to me.  I really didn't know 100% that i would have 1st shift forever until yesterday when my current supervisor emailed me my schedule while i was off work.  This is going to be an interesting day i have to say that much!!! I hope that everyone has a great holiday weekend...i know i'm looking forward to seeing my dad's side of the family saturday and sunday....and then Sunday morning i only have to work half a day and then get to go home and watch my girls open their presents!!! We are going to have Emma wait until Jayde gets home from her dad's house at 11 to open her presents from "santa" so that we can all be there together.  We'll see how all of this goes though.  I think we went a little over board on jayde and didn't get emma as much as we got jayde...but i'm supposed to go thru the gifts tonight and then give DH a list of things he needs to go get either tonight (depending on the weather) or tomorrow.  I will talk to you ladies soon...either tonight or tomorrow during the day!! I might start the new thread next friday just because i know i will be mega busy on the 31st and the 1st...we can still just post in here until the 1st though...it will just be ready for us when January hits HEHE!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#245 of 267 Old 12-22-2011, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

shesaidboom - omg that infection sucks!!! I'm glad you're getting treatment for it though. You should definitely talk to your doctor about switching types of progesterone, I've heard from other TTCers that Prometrium is more likely to cause infection than other brands such as Endometrin and Crinone. I'm not sure why that is, maybe because the other 2 kinds come with applicators? When I was taking Prometrium I had to insert it with my fingers so I imagine that bacteria is more likely to be introduced into the area when you are using your fingers vs an applicator that was in a sealed package like I have for the Crinone.

We're still cycle buddies but now I'm the one who is 1 day ahead! My AF started yesterday. I was taking the Crinone 1x per day in the morning and on Tuesday morning I got the BFN so I didn't take any Crinone that day... my period always starts the 2nd day I'm off progesterone, its kind of nice that it's so predictable! I was supposed to take the Crinone for a couple more days but since I got a BFN on a FRER with FMU on 14 DPO, there didn't seem to be any point so I just quit right away. This way my AF will almost be over by the time I go see my family on the 25th, and my IUI cycle will also start a bit sooner.

I'm actually feeling surprisingly good considering I just got a BFN. Other months I have given in to the hoping and the fantasizing about being pregnant, and then I had such a hard time recovering from the BFN, but this month I was very strict with myself and tried to not be hopeful at all. Surprisingly, it worked and I'm in a great mood now... though that probably has something to do with a having had a wonderful relaxing weekend and a super stressful project being finished at work and the upcoming holidays and the break from meds! I think I will use this technique more often because it's such a relief to be cheerful so soon after a BFN. I've tried this before though and it doesn't always work... sometimes I end up just repressing my sadness in order to convince myself I'm not upset and then a few days later it all comes exploding out (usually in an inappropriate situation), I hope that's not what happens this month!

I really hope you get a free baby this month... personally I don't believe I'm able to get pregnant without the meds due to my LP being so short (it's never been more than 9 days without progesterone), so DH and I aren't even planning to try BDing around O... if we happen to be in the mood right then of course we'll go ahead, but we're not going to schedule anything and I won't be doing OPKs.

I don't think you should feel stupid for not knowing you had an infection, most of us would probably have made the same mistake! And I totally understand how hard it is for you right now, I've been there. Only time can cure that.

deborah - what are mono-di twins? I've never heard of that.

AFM - I did some more research on endometriosis and I found out that it can cause a short LP as well as LP spotting, both of these are problems I have. I'm considering getting a 2nd opinion on what my Dr said about endo.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#246 of 267 Old 12-22-2011, 03:17 PM

Mono-di means that they share a placenta, but have separate amniotic sacs. That is the most common form of identical twin.

#247 of 267 Old 12-22-2011, 03:17 PM

AFM- My poor furbaby, Peaches (the dog) cut her foot outside. I need hydrogen peroxide, but don't want to confine her when she's hurt.

#248 of 267 Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Shesaidboom- I'm sorry I didn't even see your note about the BFN and the baby. Glad you are back to hopeful.

#249 of 267 Old 12-23-2011, 03:58 AM

shesaidboom, UGH! That infection sounds awful. I am glad they caught it and are taking care of it. I'm with Sourire...maybe you should ask them for endometrin or crinone. I think that either of these are a little messier because they are larger pills but perhaps the use of the applicators could reduce risk of infection. This is not to say that they prevent infection...I had a friend on endometrin who got a really bad UTI because of endometrin. She ended up switching to PIO. I, on the other hand, found endometrin to be amazingly easy to use. however, I hope you don't have to worry about that at all with your free baby!

Sourire, I'm glad you feel good, especially going into the holiday season. I'm still going to hope for a free baby for you too! Hey, miracles happen every day and I'm hopeful that your last medicated cycle could have "reset" your cycle so that you'll be able to get pregnant naturally. :o)

Brichole, you should definitely not feel bad about getting 1st shift and telling your friend that. I mean, I know she wanted the shift but there was a reason you received the first shift and she shouldn't get upset with you. it would be so bad if she did get upset with you! I hope that contract processing went well and that you guys are all done with your christmas shopping :o)

Gozal, Monkey, Cbaa, how are you doing?

Everyone, have a wonderful holiday season! I can't believe the new year is almost upon us...

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#250 of 267 Old 12-23-2011, 05:49 AM

Renavoo:  Thanks sweetie :)  I am feeling better now that me and my co-worker have talked.  She isn't mad at me she's upset with the managers so yay me lol.   I am officially done with my christmas shopping!!! I feel like i'm broke lol but i had to get the girls some clothes and a couple of things from santa...though santa's presents are cooler because they are toys lol.  I did get DD a "starter" guitar for like $15 that was originally $45 so yay!!!  I got a lot of good deals this year though!

EVERYONE:  I hope that those who are celebrating the holidays this week have a great time!!! It's been a great year getting to know you ladies...even though i know we still have a week left in this year but i don't know how much time everyone will have to get on line with everything going on.  I am so happy that i've gotten a chance to meet you all on here and I'm looking forward to more adventures in 2012.  I am really praying that we can all walk away from 2012 with a BFP!!!  It would be even better if we all walked away in January or February with our BFPs :)   

AFM:  I have had some cramping today and the feeling of being bloated so i'm pretty sure AF is on the way so i'm just going to plan for her arrival on Christmas morning.  If i don't start spotting tomorrow I MIGHT test, but i really don't want to kill the holidays with being down about not getting a BFP this month.  I will just go into January with a better attitude towards everything and be better at temping and i plan on getting a LARGE supply of OPKs for the start of the year lol.  DH actually told me last night i needed to go ahead and order some since i've been out for the past couple of months!  I'm about to go look and see how many i can get at a good price!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#251 of 267 Old 12-23-2011, 06:02 AM

I went ahead and put up the January thread, but that's only because i don't know what kind of time i will have at the end of this year...i'll post the link to it next saturday when i get off work!!!

#252 of 267 Old 12-23-2011, 07:43 AM

Brichole- Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to save you the trouble. Here's the link: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1339869/lets-ring-in-the-new-year-with-bfps-infertility-one-thread-january-2012/.

#253 of 267 Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Eek, sorry, we have been crazy busy with Chanukkah stuff this week! And I only have a minute to write, so I'll be back with more love Sunday. But I wanted to send out some extra hugs to shesaidbooom and Sourire. I'm so, so sorry. We better be seeing a BFP explosion in January. We had a great Oct-Nov, so if December isn't happening we deserve a stellar Jan. Right? We still have some time for Dec BFPs though, yes? Brichole for sure - and cbaa, is your test date in Dec?

Happy holidays, you guys! May your holidays be filled with joy!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#254 of 267 Old 12-23-2011, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all- I can't update much because I only have my phone at my in laws. 8dpo, back pain & cramps. Not as bad with the progesterone pregnancy symptoms so far. My test date is the 29th so hopefully that means I can end out the year with a BFP.thinking of you all, happy hanukkah & merry christmas!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#255 of 267 Old 12-23-2011, 11:13 AM

Cbaa: I'm so pulling for the two of us for BFPs before the end of the year!!! I am hoping that my bloatedness and crampiness is because i'm expecting and not because i'm just waiting on AF to show up!!!  I'm 9DPO today and my average of getting a BFP is tomorrow so i MIGHT test in the AM before i come to work!!! I don't know though.  I have been feeling really dizzy today and i just ate some spicy food which i can usually handle but i really don't think it's planning on staying down today.  I really hope that this is a really good sign.

#256 of 267 Old 12-24-2011, 07:27 AM

RCR:  I totally forgot to say this earlier in the week.  I did not know that there was a midwife practicing in Birminham!!! That is only like 1 hour away from my house...maybe if we can save up the money by the time i get pregnant again i can go talk to her...and see if she thinks she might want to help me have a VBA2C...not many people are willing to take on a pt who wants to do that but i really would like to try for a natural birth.  I think my doctor has been a little gung-ho to go ahead and do a section or to induce me when my body just wasn't ready to have a baby yet.  We will see though where our finances are since medical issurance won't cover a midwife i would have to pay 100% out of pocket...BLAH!  LOL... Thank you for the information though

AFM:  I and X-posting from the January thread but i tested again this morning and i still got a BFN with FMU so i'm pretty sure i'm out for this month UNLESS I Oed later than I thought i did.  Which if that is the case I still have pretty good timing going on and might could still get a BFP! I just ordered 80 opks and 20 hpts off amazon for a total of $17.50 with free shipping so i'm super excited about getting those in and starting my next cycle.  If AF hasn't shown up by the 28th when I get the tests i will go ahead and use one of the hpts to see if i'm pregnant or if AF is just being stupid.  I have a good feeling that she will be on her way soon though. I'm trying to prepare myself so that I don't get too down for the holiday celebrations we have going on this weekend...but it's just kinda hard.  I think I will go ahead and still keep TTC and if I get pregnant before my surgery date (which is subject to change anyways because of our insurance not coming into effect until at least the 1st of February probably) then I'll just cancel my surgery.  If not, and I can go ahead and have the surgery done then we will just sit out the 6 weeks of my recovery and pick back up after all is well from the surgery :)   OH, i meant to tell everyone, when i went in and did my in processing Thursday we got our medical insurance informational packet and we WON"T have a co-insurance with the policy they went with this time.  They had told me earlier that they did a 80/20 co-insurance and i was TOTALLY freaking out...but that's not the case anymore so i've chilled a little more lol.  Our total out of pocket for my surgery will more than likely be $300...and that is SOOOOOO more do able than the $3000!!!! I'm really happy with the new company so far from what I can see, and I think that things will just keep getting better....only if i can make it thur the first 35 days of working without killing anyone or going crazy we will be good!!!!  I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will keep checking in on everyone as the weekend goes on...i know not many of you will get a chance to get on line this weekend but i'll be working everyday this weekend with my normal days off being Tuesday and Wednesday...and I'll get on line at home on those days as long as DD#1 isn't on her computer all week long lol. 

#257 of 267 Old 12-24-2011, 09:13 AM

Brichole- Glad the insurance is working out well for you!

#258 of 267 Old 12-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Sourire, sorry about your BFN, I am curious about how your provider has you use Crinone....I think mine only had me use it when I had a BFP.   She said to stop after the miscarriage & did not say to go back to it....I think I have 2 boxes o it in my frig.  

Not to be a dork- do you use it from O to AF?

My provider just said for me to go back to topical compounded & compounded suppositories .

I would love your input!!

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#259 of 267 Old 12-24-2011, 06:58 PM

I believe I started mine around transfer.

#260 of 267 Old 12-24-2011, 06:59 PM

Crinone that is.

#261 of 267 Old 12-24-2011, 07:42 PM

Skeemama - I am supposed to start the Crinone right after O and continue for 14 days, then stop if I get a BFN or continue for another 10 weeks if I get a BFP.

I think it would be dangerous to use any kind of progesterone during TTC if you aren't guaranteed to have a prescription that will last until the end of the 1st trimester because if you get pregnant while you are taking it and then stop after your BFP that could cause miscarriage.

#262 of 267 Old 12-25-2011, 05:17 AM

Just wanted to stop by real quick and say Happy Holidays to everyone!! I'm at work this morning and sitting on yet my 3rd BFN in a row...I really need to just stop taking tests like i said i was going to.  I also woke up feeling VERY crampy, so I figure by the end of the day AF will be here.  I'm a lot more depressed about it this morning than I thought I would be.  I guess i'm feeling more and more defective again as we reach a year of being off BC again.  I won't have insurance again until the 1st of February so I can't go in to see my GYN until then, but i will TOTALLY be in there once i get my insurance to see what he has to say.  I know what he's going to say though, give it at least 1 more year since i'm just not 1 year post-partum but still, it's really frustrating.  8 women who i was pregnant with when i was pregnant with Emma are pregnant again...so i'm pretty down about not having a sticky baby yet!!! I have been so positive for the past year I feel like the univers has to reward me and others who are so positive with a baby soon!!!! I am happy that I will have my OPKs come Wednesday......then i can get to testing for my surge and get to BDing!!! I just wish AF would go ahead and show up so I could get on to my next cycle!!!!  This waiting is killing me and I know that it's a bust!!!

#263 of 267 Old 12-25-2011, 06:08 AM

Happy holidays Brichole! Sorry about the BFNs. I'm thinking of you today. Hope you are able to enjoy your family and festivities.

#264 of 267 Old 12-25-2011, 06:30 AM

Sorry to hear about your BFNs Bricole. I hope you can still enjoy Christmas.

#265 of 267 Old 12-25-2011, 08:38 AM

I am not going to hold my breath (again) 

I have a positive OPK today.  Day 10, my temps have been whacked due to odd sleeping pattern at my house, although to day was a little higher.  This cycle is "on my own"/ no RX, except for progesterone.

Now, with a house full of people....sneak the deed & stay headstand or laying down for 30 minutes....

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#266 of 267 Old 12-25-2011, 10:48 AM

Thank you ladies! I was pretty down this morning! Getting to get off work early to watch the girls open their gifts has been nice. I'm happy I'm out of tests until Wednesday so I only have to wait until then to either test again or wait until AF shows up.

#267 of 267 Old 12-26-2011, 10:42 AM

Brichole, hug2.gif I'm pulling for you next round!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page