~~ "LET'S RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH BFP'S" INFERTILITY ONE THREAD JANUARY 2012 ~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 432 Old 12-31-2011, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies Happy New Year to all of you and hope 2012 is filled with lots of good news.After today I wouldn't be on until the 10th. I'm going on my third honeymoon. joy.gif Cheers!!!!

#62 of 432 Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 AM

cbaa - We are reunited again! I've been stalking this thread for a little while (deciding if I should join) so I've been stalking you too winky.gif With love of course. I'm rooting for you! 

renavoo - Thanks for the welcome and thank you so much for posting your experience. If I do it I will definitely be doing it with someone that will monitor me. Not only to see if it is working and if my lining is ok, but for timing. Right now since we have no idea when I will O we just BD for weeks on end. Right now I don't have a CM problem. I have fertile CM for weeks on end (a pcos symptom). Congrats on your pregnancy!

Jukim - I want to go on a another honeymoon!

Looking forward to "meeting" more of you! I'm ready for the new year...

ETA: Here is the link to my chart BFPChart2.gif

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#63 of 432 Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey all, I haven't really been keeping up with this thread because I just got back from spending a fun week with my family. I've decided to try an "endometriosis diet" starting Jan 1. The diet mainly involves not eating wheat which is going to be difficult! DH is Italian and we eat a lot of pasta...

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#64 of 432 Old 12-31-2011, 11:27 AM

Sourire- I am highly intolerant to gluten and I can tell you I eat lots of pasta and pizza. There are so many substitutes out there. Not sure if it's available in Canada, but I really like the ancient grains quinoa/corn pasta. It's pretty close to the real thing. I use Udi's GF pizza crust, but don't know how available it is outside of Colorado since they are a local company. I'm sure Canada has some substitutes though.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#65 of 432 Old 12-31-2011, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE EAST COAST!!!!!

It is one in the morning & i drank too much wine & ate too much triple cream brie... Hoping for answered prayers & lots of babies in 2012. High hopes...

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#66 of 432 Old 01-01-2012, 03:48 AM

Hi Ladies, just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year!! I am looking forward to 2012 being a year to remember because of the record breaking number of BFPs! :o)

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#67 of 432 Old 01-01-2012, 08:58 AM

Happy new year everyone! Here is to a stress-free fun filled one!

#68 of 432 Old 01-01-2012, 09:45 AM

Happy New Year all! Here are wishes for lots of BFPS and otherwise healthy, happy years!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#69 of 432 Old 01-01-2012, 11:08 AM

Happy New Year! AF said the same to me with today being my CD1 after a 16-day LP.

Sila and Meg: Hi, my dear friends. Sad we have to join another thread, glad to have my friends for support.

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#70 of 432 Old 01-01-2012, 11:44 AM

Happy New Year everyone!! Hoping that in a few short months, we can all reconnect over in the pregnant forum.

shesaidboom: thanks for the congrats. I found losing weight to be a good distraction from not seeing a BFP each month. I let the holidays win (or my sadness at another year gone by), and I’ve regained about 10lbs. Boo. Today is a new day though! WW never worked for me either, but I’m super impressed that you’re doing this on your own. I was/will be on the Dukan Diet which I found to be mind-numbingly easy to follow.

It sucks that your friend announced that he and his wife are TTC. I remember complaining to my friend (the FB one!) that everyone I knew was getting pregnant around me, and how hard that was. She said to me, “Well, you don’t have to worry about me getting pregnant first – I wouldn’t do that to you.” Which is obviously a completely ridiculous thing to say, but still, when she got pregnant I was totally annoyed! I also face the same name problem with her – especially with boy names. I keep telling my DH that I have a constant battle going on in my head – happy for all of my pregnant/recently gave birth friends while at the same time jealous and sad and then guilty for having those feelings. It helps to know that we all experience some version of these feelings and that I’m not crazy J

SilaMarila: It’s so nice to find someone who is committed to the holistic approach. I was part of another forum at one point where there was no support for what I was doing. I’ve finally started in with medications, but like you, I wasn’t thrilled about the idea. I’m still not thrilled, but I’ve come to peace with it. I have a great book that I could loan you (Fully Fertile) – it’s all about acupuncture, yoga, qi balance, diet, etc. Also, if you suspect PCOS, my  acupuncturist once recommended rubbing castor oil on my lower abdomen several times per week. Don’t know if this actually helps, but he used it with his PCOS clients with good results. Let me know if you’re interested and we can connect offline for address, etc.  I’ve done one month with Clomid and this month I’ll be switching to Femara.  I’d be happy to answer any questions for you on either!

Skeemama: I hope your DH is right!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! When do you test?

Renavoo: Thanks for the validation. I love her dearly, but she’s driving me bonkers! I’ve heard of Shady Grove – I think maybe some of the women in the Resolve group went there.  A money back guarantee sounds amazing. I’m not sure what the steps are between Clomid/Femara with an IUI and an IVF are, but part of me thinks it makes sense to just skip to the IVF. I’m trying to be patient, but it’s hard after nearly three years!

I’m so glad your doctor did an u/s at your last visit. I’m sure it’s reassuring to have confirmation that all is going along the way it should. Having twins sounds amazing. My doctor said that with the IUI and Clomid there’s only like a 1% chance of having twins. I know it’s higher for IVF. And, I’m also wondering if it’s higher if you have twins in your family (which I do).  I’ll continue to send you healthy baby vibes this month!

Sourire: Good luck with your new “diet” – I had no idea that there was such a thing as an endometriosis diet! Though, my acupuncturist did recommend a gluten-free diet. I ended up eating a lot of rice and quinoa! Deborah’s right, though. There are so many substitutes now – you can get practically anything. And I’m sure if your local store doesn’t have a selection, you can surely find items online.

AFM: Went to the doctor on Friday thinking it was Day 1, but turns out that I was just spotting. So, yesterday ended up being CD 1. They’re putting me on Femara this cycle (starting tomorrow) because the Clomid gave me hot flashes and itchiness around my neck and shoulders. I have an u/s and a p/c scheduled for CD12 which will be 1/11. Depending on p/c, may have to go back for IUIs. Any way you slice it, I’m hoping for a really BFP this month for us all!!! Happy New Year J

#71 of 432 Old 01-01-2012, 01:16 PM

Hi guys! I missed you! Sorry I disappeared on you. I ended up being really busy all through DS's school holiday. We were visiting family and friends and spent a long weekend away without internet - it was awesome. Sorry to hear so many of you had stressful holidays - what is wrong with people?! We managed to get through without too much drama. Some of DH's family are Christian and while most of them totally get/respect that we are not, some of them...don't. DS sort of took care of business for me though. If someone wished him a merry Xmas etc., he was just like "No, happy Chanukkah" and that was that. It's definitely less awkward when the kid says it and not me or DH!

cbaa & brichole - I have a new plan. BFPs should be handed out according to the awesomeness of the mom. Don't you think that would be a better system? You would both be instanteously pg. Seriously though, I am so sad and frustrated to hear about the BFNs. It really is unjust. I'm so sorry. 

Okay, so I have so many new people to welcome! Ugh, I'm sorry you all have to be here. I'm just so sorry. It is awful, but we are here for you. This is the best group of ladies you could hope to find - they are amazing. gtree, I just finished my first Clomid cycle before this one - doing one natural and then two more Clomid back to back. So we can be Clomid newbies together!  Sekenamoon & wissa, think I somehow missed your stories somewhere between the threads - do you have a plan for next cycle? Theresaresa, sorry to hear your horrible experience with the first clinic. It's night and day, a good practice/doctor vs. a bad one. It's like, how can these even belong to the same profession? Hoping you are now in good hands. MegEliz, wow, I think I need you to teach me your zen trick! Actually in some ways I feel like I used to be zen, went through a valley of freak-out, and am starting to climb back up the mountaint of zen lately. I slip down a lot though. I really hope you find some answers here, too. Sila, I was hoping your time away from the One Thread was a good sign...I'm so sorry to see you here. I guess you, me, Gemmine, cbaa, and Sourire were all over there on the general ttc one thread at an earlier point in our journeys...and hopefully now we will all graduate together from here. Right? Right!

I know there are many others that I'm missing, please forgive me while I catch back up!

AFM, we managed to get in some well-timed BD this cycle despite being ultra busy. However I still ovulated early (for me) which seems to be my problem now, so I am not getting my hopes up.

Also, I don't remember if I updated on my last meeting with my RE, but she recommends two more Clomid cycles without IUI, and then injectibles. DH and I have decided that if I'm not pg by 1 June (a year from when I got pg last year) we'll do IVF. I'm not really sure if I want to do injectibles at all, since it's all OOP. It seems like maybe it would be better to invest in 1 IVF cycle and hope for possible FETs if needed, than to spend the same amount (potentially) on 3 rounds of injectibles only to get to IVF then. While age isn't a factor in this pg we really, really want to have more children. So age will be a factor for sure for future ttc. I really trust my doctor though so if she thinks injectibles are the way to go we'll probably do it. If any of you have any advice, please share, I need it!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#72 of 432 Old 01-01-2012, 07:26 PM

Gem, Meg - I wish you didn't have to be here too, but I'm also glad to have friends here.

teresaresa - Thank you for the support! I'll have to look that book up and get back to you winky.gif Is it similar to The Infertility Cure? I've actually been doing the Castor oil packs. More like I start out doing like every day after AF, then after a weeks and still no O, it kind of tapers off into not doing it. I should start again now that AF is done. 

Gozal - Hi! I'm sorry you're here too. It really does suck. I like you valley of freak-out/mountain of zen analogy. That's totally me! We WILL all graduate from here! I mean statistically, we really will...

Sorry I have a lot of questions. I'm new blush.gif Ladies here with PCOS (or other annovulation issues), how did you get diagnosed? I'm assuming I really need to see an RE.

My best friend told me yesterday that are going to start ttc #3 in March. I'm of course happy for her. But, even though she has a feeling it will take longer this time, she got pg the very first try with her first 2. So, naturally I'm afraid that that will be the case again and I'll still be stuck here. It just sucks to be here, the beginning of another year, in the same.exact.place. I was a year ago.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#73 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 06:39 AM

Hi everyone! 

Gozal, it's so great to hear from you! DH and I made the same plan where we decided on 3 clomid cycles. RE told us our chances lowered significantly if we didn't get pregnant off of 3 clomid cycles so it didn't seem worth it after our three cycles). Not to mention, I had such awful lining with clomid it just seemed like such a waste. We moved on to IVF really quickly after that even though our insurance would have covered 3 IUIs (we did one femara cycle for a BFN and decided that we were done with IUIs.) It is a difficult decision to make considering the OOP costs so I hope that you get pregnant by June but I am absolutely ecstatic that we went on to IVF not just because we were successful but also because EVERYTHING is so controlled with IVF. I felt like I knew what was happening with every step and that gave me a measure of comfort.

Teresa, DH and I decided on an aggressive plan because I'm older (I'm 35 now) and after trying for about 2 years, we just wanted to take back as much control as possible. Having unexplained infertility is so difficult for me because i have a borderline A personality. haha not really but I really do want to know what is happening as much as possible. It is such an expensive procedure but as i told Gozal, we would rather spend the money and have a better idea of what is happening then continuing on with more IUIs. Initially, we were paying OOP for IUIs as well so we spent thousands of dollars on the 3 IUIs anyway. It just seemed like a better idea for us to move on. Twins are definitely higher risk if you have twins in your family as the egg could split as in a natural pregnancy. We are having fraternal twins because we transferred 2 embies and they both implanted but DH also has twins on his side of the family. However, I know that the twins are a result of the transferring of the 2 embies in this case :o) how are you doing on Femara? A lot of people seem to like femara better than clomid because the side effects are milder (i didn't have many side effects on either of the drugs so I was good either way but femara plus estrogen ended up giving me a nice 9mm lining which I was MORE than happy with considering i had 5mm or less on clomid.) I am hoping we get a BFP announcement from you in a few weeks!

Sila, ugh I'm sorry you're now stressing about your friend. I know it's difficult to remember that this isn't really a competition but it still hurts when people are able to get pregnant so much faster and with so much more ease than you are. here's sending you lots of vibes so you get pregnant soon and then you don't have to stress

Gemmine, hug2.gif hope this cycle works out better.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I can't believe our vacation is almost over and I have to go back to work tomorrow. sigh. Oh well, at least it has been a few beautiful days in NYC!

Big hugs!!

love.gif

#74 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 AM

Renavoo- My understanding is that identical twins are not thought to have a genetic connection. Fraternal twins are generally thought to be genetically linked (if not from IVF). AFM- Heading in to the OB in a little bit. Attempted to treat a possible yeast infection, woke up this morning and found red on my toilet paper (more than just a little). I am cramping a little, but not doubled over and I'm hopeful that it's just a burst blood vessel or something like that since it has already stopped, but will still feel better after I see my doctor (he's being really nice and seeing me on his lunch hour). I think I'm pretty happy with having chosen him for my OB. Not all doctors would do that. They might send a person to the ER. Please everyone cross your fingers for me that all three of us are fine.

#75 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 09:51 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Teresa - welcome

Rena - I wish you had follistim. I would be happy to take some of that off your hands! How did your appointment go?

Meg - welcome.

cbaa - sorry about the negative beta. Even if it was expected, it still hurts.

Bricole - sorry about AF

Wissa - why not join us over here? Looks like the BSL thread is dwindling away.

Shesaid - ouch about the friend TTCing and the names. I would just tell her that you would be hurt if she used your names if she does get pregnant first. That way she knows in advance so there can't be any surprises. We have had names picked out for a long long time and I would be crushed if we couldn't use them.

Sila - welcome. Wow, so many new people! Sorry you have to be here.

Skee - yea, like rena said, it would be wonderful to start off the new year with a BFP. Hope your DH was right.

OK, I have been gone for so long I have two pages to catch up on. So this is going to be a double post because I have to move to the next page and I don't want to loose everything that I just wrote.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#76 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 10:03 AM
rcr

Jukim - have a great trip!

Sourire - I read so much about wheat-free diets, I bet it is easier now than in the past to give it up. How is the new diet going so far?

Teresa - hope the femera works for you.

Gozal - we moved straight to IVF because it has a higher success rate. It didn't work, so we ended up doing five IUIs with injectibles, but that was because the RE thought that my eggs might do better inside my body than outside.  As much as you are paying for injectibles, sometimes it does make sense to skip the IUIs if you are going to be paying for meds anyway. But you may want to factor in the different quantities of meds with IVF versus IUI. I am doing 545 units of follistim for IVF, and I only did like 225 for IUIs. That is a huge cost difference. Do you know what kind of protocol you will be doing if you go with IVF?

Deborah - I am hope everything is ok. It does sound like it was just the yeast infection meds, since it happened the next morning. Glad you got in to the doc right away.

AFM - started stims on Sunday, and lupron on Friday. my new protocol has me doing meds twice a day, which is a lot to take.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#77 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 10:18 AM

Thanks RCR- I read (too late and was not told by the RE) that applicators should be avoided, so I imagine that's the issue. Still will feel better getting checked out (never hurts and I'll probably get to see the little ones again smile.gif.

#78 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 AM

Happy New Year, Ladies! This new year marks my one year ttc anniversary.  I’ve been following along for several weeks and I think this forum might be a great resource – both emotionally and with the practical matters, as well.  I would love to join you all on the journey.

Blurb:  Me (32), DH (33), ttc #1 1/11.  Diagnosed with PCOS at 19.  Eastern Medicine diagnosis of phlegm stagnant.  Currently taking 1500 mg of Metformin daily along with supplements and acupuncture.

Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

A bit about me: I feel like I’ve been doing this for so much longer than a year! In anticipation of ttc in 2011, I started charting my cycles in April of 2010, as well as working with an herbalist to shorten and regulate my cycles.  By seeing an herbalist I hoped to regulate my cycles and eliminate and/or shorten the long cycles.  I really wanted to empower myself to ovulate and conceive naturally.  However, seeing an herbalist didn’t do or change a thing.  It also didn’t impact any of my PCOS symptoms – namely acne.  In August of 2010 I upped the ante and embarked on a PCOS diet using a popular e-book.  I also didn’t experience any relief from symptoms or change in my cycle from the diet, which is said to be instrumental to regulating PCOS - similar to a diabetic eating an appropriate diet.  After four months it was clear that herbs, diet, and exercise were not going to be enough to regulate my cycle.  In fact, due to work related stress, things were only getting worse.  In January of 2011, the same month we started ttc, I started working with a Naturopath/Acupuncturist.  Chinese herbs and acupuncture also didn’t do a thing to change my cycle.  In May of 2011, after the recommendation of my Naturopathic doctor, I saw an RE and started taking Metformin, which finally worked to balance my hormones.  In the midst of all of this I also had a blocked fallopian tube that was cleared out with tubal canalization.  Since starting the Met, I’ve had six 30-34 day cycles in a row, and I am currently on CD 5 of the seventh.  A total of ten cycles in 13 months.  My RE’s next course of action is IUI when we are ready.  I’ve scheduled an appointment with another RE to get a second opinion.  Primarily, whether or not there is value in supplementing the Metformin with Clomid or a similar drug.  Our insurance covers fertility diagnostics, but does not cover IUI or IVF.  My very last effort to conceive naturally is the addition of fertility focused meditation and yoga to my fertility regimen (Assuming one doesn't count Metformin as a fertility drug!).

SilaMaria – Hi! According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, a PCOS diagnosis generally requires that a woman test positive for two out of three criteria: anovulation or irregular ovulation, elevated androgens, and cystic ovaries with 12 or more follicles on each ovary aka the “string of pearls”.  Other indicators include an increased LH (fsh:lh ratio is typically 1:3, normal is 1:1), insulin resistance, acne, male-pattern hair loss or hair growth, and obesity.  Your OBGYN or RE should order a whole slew of tests to rule out other issues before she gives you the PCOS diagnosis. Good luck! 

Welcome to the New Year, ladies! Here's to hope, peace, and joy. 

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#79 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 12:35 PM

Hi Gozal,

I am officialy past the one year mark as far as TTC, but my husband wants to wait 3 more months before we visit an RE, since my current Dr says I should get pregnant in the next 3 months. I'm not sure since i think that I have a luteal phase defect, I start spotting at dpo 10 or so.

#80 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the welcome rcr! Good luck with all the meds. I'm hopeful that this all will end in a baby for you!

renavoo - You're right. It's never a competition. Thanks for the reminder and the good vibes.

Krunchyk - Welcome! I'm sorry you have to be here too. We have very similar situations. I PM'd you but am responding here too incase other's can chime in with expert knowledge winky.gif Thanks for the pcos criteria. I DEFINITELY have (and have had my whole life) irregular ovulation, my ovaries didn't appear to have cysts on u/s but the tech kept saying how I had so many follicles (which she  said isn't really a good indicator of pcos but sometimes a lot of follicles can obviously be a symptom) at least 12 I'm sure, I've had some blood work and LH seems to always been within normal range. However, I also had my regular GP do hormone blood work for me and my DHEA was really high. Which according to Dr. Google can be another indicator of pcos. I do sometimes have a few weird stray hairs here and there. Other than that my only other symptoms are: I show fertile signs for weeks on end (EW CM and HSO cervix), and I have cramping/a lot of pressure in my uterus area pretty much my whole cycle. Definitely going to ask my Gyno questions about more tests at my appointment. Congrats on 30-34 day cycles! I'm jealous. But I guess most of that is my own fault since I haven't seen an RE yet...

I'm learning a lot from you all already!

#81 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 01:52 PM

Happy update- Babies are doing great! One even caught up and measured 10 weeks 5 days (I am 10 weeks 5 days pregnant today). We heard the heartbeats and didn't see anything wrong with the placenta. The OB thought it was all the medications I've been on and that, though baby aspirin is now given pretty standardly, it can increase incidences of vaginal bleeding without there actually being anything wrong. I have my next OB visit 1/16.

#82 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Hi everyone! I'm back home after a quick getaway to my mom's for the New Year, so sad to go back to work tomorrow! I'm going to try to get all my personals in!

It is sad that we are all reunited here- gozal, sourire, gemmine, silamarila. But, I am glad to not have to search high and low for updates on all of you! I do believe you Sila that statistically, we are all getting the heck out of here eventually... let's hope that happens soon.

It had gotten so routine around here I felt like I was talking to my sisters, it is great to have so many new faces but I'm a little overwhelmed trying to get everyone straight, please be patient with me! I will learn about everyone I promise. I hope that in the next few weeks we all clear out but until then, I can't wait to get to know you all!

silamarila-I wanted to comment on waiting before trying meds, RE's, etc. I just finished reading Inconceivable by Julia Indachova and she felt the same way and did in fact conceive without intervention, the book goes into detail about everything she did. Her diagnoses was high FSH (42) and not PCOS, but after reading it I have a new inspiration for lifestyle changes. My only western diagnosis is unexplained infertility, my eastern diagnosis is weak liver & kidneys and mucus stagnation. The Clomid definitely screwed up how well I could monitor my own health vs. the side effects, I am hoping switching to Femara will give me some of my body back.

gozal- On the topic of setting boundries on how far you will go with IF treatments and when to move up or to stop- I think it is important to decide when you embark on IF treatments what your boundries are, it sounds like you and DH are on the same page and for good reasons.  We've decided to do 2 months on Femara and 2-3 months of Injectables before calling it quits to try and get my fertility in line naturally. I am inspired by my recent read (see above), but I still feel like I want to try a little longer with medicine (and lifestyle stuff/acupuncture). It is so interesting to see and hear how people end up where they are, even though none of us asked for it. I'm glad you have a plan but I hope you get your take-home baby before you need it!

rcr- I hope you are responding well to the meds!! What is your schedule for appointments?

Welcome MegEliz & krunchyk- I hope you don't have to stay long & we can be a support for you both while you are here.

sourire- good luck with the gluten free diet! It does seem a little easier to get gluten-free alternatives now. I love the Mi-Del brand Gluten free gingersnaps. I hope you see improvement from the diet changes.

shesaidboom- I'm happy to cheer you on with your diet! I'm not a gym or health nut but I do my best to get in healthy doses of both, so we can encourage eachother. How is your natural cycle going? Any sign of O yet??

theresa- I am starting Femara after Clomid this month too! I hope it works for us both, what CD are you?

sila, theresa, shesaidboom- ugh to friends TTC... I am fortunate nobody around me is 'ttc' that I know of, likely because they are all preggo or recently had babies... I was worried about my cousin then my sister stealing my names but so far nobody has. It just causes so much more anxiety, I know everyone has said 'it's not a race/competition' but it is so hard not to have that stomach churning, heart racing anticipation that it has to happen soon. Let's just settle on the fact we will all be pregnant in 2012 and then it won't matter anyway!

gemmine- damnit AF- I wish the New Year didn't start out this way. Sending hugs your way.hug2.gif

AFM- I started Femara last night, I didn't have any side effects and don't expect any. I also borrowed my mom's juicer and am starting to make my own juices in an attempt to... well really I'm not sure why but it seems like a good idea to get more nutrients. So far my combination of kale, carrot, apple and lemon was not so good. I will try to do better tomorrow! Anyone do any juicing that can give me some tips? I also have a pharmacy of new supplements that are a regimen used by the RE with the highest IVF success rate out in Colorado. Also I'm trying to cut out milk to improve my mucous stagnation... but it is really hard to stop eating milk. Seriously, at my moms NYE party potluck they had crackers and cheese, cheese soup, lasagna, cheesy garlic bread, tiramisu... I literally had to eat salad & crackers... I did end up eating crackers with Brie because after too much wine I decided I would 'start tomorrow'.... then today I had 2 donuts from my favorite shop by my moms. I am doing better now, I had fresh juice and sprouted grain pasta with tomato sauce for dinner. I'm off to attempt cleaning the juicer... seems like an awful lot of work for ummm... 5 ounces of juice?!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#83 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 PM
rcr

cbaa - my first appointment is on Thursday morning. Hopefully good news that all these drugs was useful for something. when you say that you, gozal, sourire, gemmine, silamarila  are reunited- what thread is that from? I buy juice from a natural food store every once in a while that has beets, apples, and a little carrot in it and it us yummy!

#84 of 432 Old 01-02-2012, 09:27 PM

SilaMarila - welcome, or should I say welcome back. I'm sorry you are still struggling, and I do hope your stay here is short, but that we can support you through this hard time.
I have PCOS and it took a LONG time to get diagnosed. In my case, I didn't know I had any problems until more recently because I had always had regular (although extremely heavy) cycles. It wasn't until I went off the BC pill that my cycles just stopped completely. I had one period every 6 months to a year, and I gained a lot of weight suddenly. My doctor kept brushing it off, so I changed docs and again she brushed it off. I kept insisting something was off and she agreed to send me for an ultrasound where I finally got the results. It took about three years of fighting to finally figure it out. An RE would probably be a lot more helpful than a GP since they are more experienced with this kind of stuff.
I'm sorry about the situation with your friend. It's such a hard place to be in!

jukim - I think I misunderstood where you were in your cycle. Hopefully you're ovulating around now and you will get your BFP this time!

cbaa + renavoo - thank you for sharing your experiences, it really does make me feel better about feeling the way I do. At the end of the day I do love them and want the best for them, but I still want it for me first!

skeemama - you never know, it could be a sign! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it is.

Sourire - glad you had a fun week with the fam! Good luck with the endometriosis diet. Can you try eating a different type of pasta? Egg or rice noodles?

teresaresa - the holidays tend to do that, but you're right, today is a new day! I haven't heard of the Dukan Diet, but I'll look it up.
I'm sorry a similar thing happened to you with your friend, and yes, it really is a constant battle, that's the perfect description! Happy for them, sad for us. I do feel much better about feeling the way I do when I share here and people really understand and can relate. I don't want anyone to have to, but I'm glad it's normal to feel the way we do.
Good luck with the Femara! I hope it works out well for you.

gozal - I'm glad you had a great holiday, aside from the few family members who don't get it. Good for DS for correcting them though!
I really like your BFP system! I think all of us would be right up at the top.
I hope that you get your BFP this cycle and don't have to worry about injectables later on!

renavoo - what does OOP mean? I guess there are a few terms I'm still not up on!

Gemmine - I hope this cycle is much better to you.

deborah - I'm glad to hear that the babies are doing wonderfully! Hurray!

rcr - thinking good thoughts for you this cycle!

krunchyk - Welcome to the thread! I hope we're able to support you while you're here, but that you get your BFP quickly and won't have to stay long. I'm hopeful that you are able to conceive naturally and won't have to worry about fertility medication.

cbaa - I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday/today, going by cramping and CM signs. My temps have been off this month since I'm fighting a cold, so charting hasn't been working well.
I'm glad you aren't having any side effects on the Femara! I've always wanted to try juicing, so I'll be excited to hear about more of your juicing adventures.

AFM, pretty sure I ovulated. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure. Dp and I have been trying to DTD every second day, just to make sure. I'm thinking that if this natural cycle doesn't work out, we should be starting the next IUI cycle by the 19th (dp's birthday). I'm really hoping this one works out because I am not looking forward to another medicated cycle, especially the Ovidrel trigger. I have a lot of anxiety over needles, not the needle part itself, but injecting things into my body. It makes me very anxious. I would be horrible on a cycle of injectibles! I'm nervous about the third IUI cycle not working out and deciding on where to go from there...another IUI cycle on femara, try something else, or move on to IVF. I think we need to meet with our RE to discuss our options.

I hope everyone's 2012 has been kind so far. I'm thinking we all need some BFPs early this year to make this year really great!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#85 of 432 Old 01-03-2012, 02:48 AM

HI ladies!

Shesaidboom, OOP means "out of pocket". Sorry, I forgot about the shorthand and should definitely explain it next time! i really hope you ovulated...that would be fantastic because I think you have a good chance of catching an egg and getting your BFP! As for your fear of injecting something into your body, I totally get it. I sometimes wonder if having used so many hormones will eventually lead to some long term effects! And also, injectables seems so much more "real" to me...a pill has been normalized because we all take pills. But injections? They still seem a little more serious! i really hope you don't have to deal with figuring out what to do next. Let's go BFP thumb.gif

cbaa, haha to your statement about doing so much work to get 5 ounces of juice. And apparently not tasty ones either! I think i would just stick with the tried and true fruits in smoothies like berries and bananas. I doubt they are as healthy as kale but I would talk myself into that as opposed to drinking the more healthier ones. DH used to try to make me drink protein shakes (prior to TTCing and he had to make sure the protein powder was safely in the fruit juice! Hopefully, now that the holidays are over, you have more luck with your diet. I think we all probably aimed to be healthy but for me, the little italian cookies were constantly calling my name! 

RCR, darn it! It would have been great if i could have given you the drugs! I think I have someone that may potentially need it now anyway so I'm waiting to see if she requires an additional cycle. I'm hoping not so if that is the case, i would happily still have the drugs and STILL not know what to do with them. haha. As for my appointment, it went well. Everything is going fine so I don't go back for another 3 weeks. Oh my gosh, i didn't realize your dose of drugs were so high and that you had to inject yourself twice a day. You are amazing. Are you injecting yourself or does DH do it for you? I hope that this new regimen gives you a lot of mature eggs at the end (and quickly too!). Are you just using follistim or do you use menopur as well? 

KrunchyK, welcome and I hope your stay is short. I also hope you get answers from your second RE. I had to switch REs too because my first RE wouldn't listen to me and I was really happy I did. Hopefully, you find some good answers with your new one and you get on a path that you're happy and comfortable with. :o)

Sekena, i hope that your doctor is right and you get pregnant within the next three months! Otherwise, I know how annoying it is to wait around each month, especially since you've been doing it for a year but hopefully, the next three months will fly by and you'll have graduated from here :o)

Sila, I hope you find a doctor that will give you an accurate diagnosis. I think the worst thing about unexplained infertility is the unexplained part. i always wished that DH and I knew why we were having so much trouble getting pregnant. I think it's all on me since his tests all came back perfectly but then again, so did mine. Oh well, that, in part, led to us going to IVF...we didn't know what the heck was happening so we just wanted to take as much control as possible. I really hope that if you have PCOS that they diagnose it and give you treatments that help you on your way to a BFP!

Ladies, it has been fun spending the last year talking to you all and I'm looking forward to cheering you on during the next year!

love.gif

#86 of 432 Old 01-03-2012, 04:50 AM

gozal: Good to see you again. I'll definitely be interested in your journey and whether you choose IUIs or not.

renavoo: Thanks for your fertility backstory; I don't think I knew that!

cbaa: Dairy can be a tough one. Sila and I definitely have a lot of dairy free recipes if you want to try them! I agree with renavoo and recommend smoothies. I use almond milk, OJ, strawberries, and bananas so you can even forgo dairy in there!

rcr: The TTC One thread is where we all once were. cbaa and I ventured over to BSL as well (did anyone else?).

shesaidboom: I hope this is your cycle so you don't have to go on to the needles! Fingers crossed for you.

Hi everyone else!

For those who list their Eastern diagnoses: Did you get that from your acupuncturist? I am really interested.

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#87 of 432 Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 AM
rcr

Gremmine - I thought I saw you on the bsl thread. I was there for years, but then I left when I started doing IVF, and kinda stopped being bitter and more accepting of IF. I was on the ttc one thread for a while a long time ago - like 4 years ago now. I have been ttc for 4 years and 1 month, so I have done the round of threads here on MDC. The bsl and the IVF thread is where I was the longest though. I was on the BSL thread for like 3 years, but almost everybody that I knew from there has gotten pregnant by now, except a few who gave up. I took a break from TTC last summer, which did really great things for my mental state about IF, and when I came back most of the BSLs that I knew for years were on the BSL grad thread, so I never really posted there anymore. I saw an accupuncturist, and she was always really vague about my diagnosis. I think it had something to do with kidney function. I actually didn't think she was very legit, so I stopped going to her. I live in a small town with few choices, so she was the only person to go to.

Shesaid - hope this cycle works and you don't have to move on to shots.

Rena -yea, like I said on the IVF thread, it is a ton of meds. I can't believe I am actually doing it. I set my alarm on my clock for when I have to do them, and I got DS some movies so that he can watch them while I am doing the shots and he doesn't bother me or try to grab stuff. So far it has worked. I am doing 75 units of menipur with the 225 units of follistim in the am, and then in the pm I just do 300 units of follistim with no menipur. I hope my appointment on Thurs shows lots of growth because if I stim for more than about 12 days I am going to have to buy more follistim OOP. Glad you think you found somebody to give your meds too. I think I remember you and blue talking about them (but I hope she doesn't need another cycle). If not, I would just hold on to them and see if anybody pops up on the IVF thread who needs them at some point, since they don't expire for a while. If I am successful this cycle, I will have a bunch of menipur and gannirelix and one HCG shot leftover, so maybe somebody could combine ours and get meds for a new fresh cycle.

#88 of 432 Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 AM

cbaa - I'm interested in hearing more about your new supplement regimen! I'm also giving up dairy, it's part of the endo diet. So far that is easier than the wheat part, I've replaced butter with coconut oil and milk with coconut milk. Cheese is difficult though. I think you're going to LOVE Femara, I certainly do! It's soooooooooooo much better than Clomid. I didn't have a single side effect in the 2 months I took it, and it improved my cycles a lot (the complete opposite of Clomid!) Honestly I have no idea why any doctor ever prescribes Clomid anymore now that Femara exists.

shesaidboom - I picked up some corn pasta yesterday, we'll see how that tastes. Overall though I'm not a huge fan of subsitutes though, I'd rather just find food that doesn't have those ingredients in the first place. When I grew up my mom used to substitute everything in recipes (she was vegetarian) and I do not have fond memories of her cooking. In fact I think that the amount of soy she fed me as a child is partially responsible for my current fertility issues (studies have shown that soy can impair fertility) so I'm kind of bitter about that.

rcr - I'm glad you were able to come to a less bitter place with your IF issues, considering you've been TTC for so long! I was also on BSL for a short period but found that having people encourage me to be negative was not improving my quality of life :P I'm negative enough on my own! I had a really bad few months last fall but I've found that I'm starting to be more accepting of everything now... though I had a bit of a relapse around New Year's eve because I remember thinking 1 year ago that for sure I would get pregnant in the next year and it was tough to let go of that. I am more accepting of whatever outcome occurs in 2012, I may or may not get pregnant but all I know for sure is that I won't give up trying!

AFM - I've almost made it to O with no spotting! I'm so excited, because all 3 months I took Prometrium, I started spotting on CD10 the next cycle and it continued until I started Prometrium again or until AF if I didn't take Prometrium. My Dr switched me to Crinone in the hopes of stopping that spotting (DH was totally grossed out by BDing while I was spotting). Now I'm CD14 and I haven't had any spotting so it looks like the Crinone did work better than Prometrium!

#89 of 432 Old 01-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Hi, I'd like to be added to the thread please.  I was on the bsl thread for almost a year but have been losing my bitterness, not that it doesn't rear its head every now and then but I am becoming more accepting of the fact that I may never have another baby.  I'm 37 trying to conceive #2 since April 2010.  I have a wacky cycle that started after having my dd and it is getting progressively wackier.  No known reason or other issues, going to see a new doctor this month hopefully that will lead to something helpful.

Hello to everyone, I recognize some of you from the BSL, hopefully we can all get our BFP's in the near future.

#90 of 432 Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Sila, Smiles - Welcome! I remember both of you.

KrunchyK - Welcome to you too!

sekenamom - I have LP issues as well. How long is your LP overall (including the days you have spotting)? In the time I've been on the MDC TTC threads, I've seen a lot of people with LP spotting issues get pregnant as long as their LP was a normal length. However I am having more difficulty because I usually start spotting at 7DPO and my LP is only 9 days long. For most people that is an easy fix by taking Clomid/Femara and/or Prometrium, but for me that didn't seem to do the trick but recently I tried Femara + Crinone and finally had a normal cycle! I suspect that my LP issues may be caused by endometriosis which might be why some of the meds didn't work for me.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page