~~ "LET'S RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH BFP'S" INFERTILITY ONE THREAD JANUARY 2012 ~~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 432 Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You know what kind of day today has been? Let's just say I just made a batch of chocolate chip cookies...at 8pm. Officially all of our close friends who do not already have 2+ kids are pregnant in the time we have been ttc (and some have babies soon turning a year old). The worse part about it is that I hate myself for feeling so depressed over it.  Also, I realized today (thank you, brain) that had I actually gotten a good egg back in June I would be nine months pregnant right now. And I have been spotting for two whole days. Which has never happened before...so I better just go ahead and get my period on schedule tomorrow. I am trying to comfort myself with the fact that medically and statistically speaking, if it's going to happen at all, it should happen soon. Sometimes that mind trick even works.

Anyone want some vegan chocolate chip cookies and tea?

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#182 of 432 Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM

Thanks for the support ladies.

Gozal, I would love some vegan cookies & tea.  YUM.

I did take one of those FSH poas today & it was +, that means "good egg quality" per the info on the box.  Anyone else ever use one of those?  (  a pregnant friend of mine gave the left over test out of her 2 pack box...)  Maybe its a sign this next cycle will be the ONE.

I have been doing a meditation about happy healthy strong eggs ready to meet marvelous strong sperm.  (weirdo alert)

Back to TCM tomorrow.  

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#183 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 04:04 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gozal- i think it was 'one of those kinda days' yesterday....ya know the ones where the world seems against you... Sigh... I'd love a cookie... But it'd have to alsO be wheat free... Which means no cookie for me... Double sigh... On a brighter note, I had a patient yesterday that took 9 IVF cycles to have her boy (13 weeks now) and she strongly advocates for ditching IUI ASAP to move onto IVF. I didnt go into detail about our religious stuff, but it made me think of you. I wish it were an option for us, but I also believe in what you say about statistics, it's going to happen... That will keep my chin up.

So anyone wnt o hear about my train wreck of a cycle. DH is in western mass working, 2 hrs away... Which i speciically asked him to do these 2 days as my monioring was yesterday, so typically trigger that night iui 2 days (36 hours)after. So he wold be home for iui thurs or fri if they had me wait a day for trigger.... So i go in yesterday, and on top of te fact that i feel like caca from this cold, my stomach is sick from Lord knows what... I get the U/S tech who tells me nothing. I wait for my callback until 2pm when of course I'm stuck at work, to find out not only do i only have 1follicle, but my LH is already surging... They want me in for IUI first thing weds(today). I cant just bring a sample from DH he has to take it himself, so my only option is to drive my a$$ 2hrs to holyoke at 8 pm after 12 hours at work for a late night booty call & ditch the IUI. then the BD was sub-par & i didnt get to put in my instead cup... Disaster... Good thing my hopes were already nil for this month... Anyway the 2ww begins here in the middle of nowhere... I've gotta get packed up to drive home. Take note, late night booty calls should only be acceptable at the Hilton or Westin or Ritz... This drive in travel hotel is not, i repeat not, how you want to make a baby... Although, if i think of it that way & consider how many babies are conceived in motels.... Hmmmm

Anyway, testing 1/24/12 @13DPO.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#184 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 05:12 AM

Gozal and Cbaa, umm what can i say but, hug2.gif

Cbaa, i really hope you conceive from this because what a story to tell one day! (who you would tell, I don't know but boy is it a doozy!)

Gozal, I really hope the cookies bring you comfort (yum, by the way!) but i know that a BFP and baby will do that even better. You're right....the chances are in your favor. It's the waiting that is a pain in the rear end.

Skeemama, yah for a good fsh test! Hope it does mean great things for the cycle.

Brichole, ugh, i can't wait for your horrible month of work to be over. You must be exhausted. hopefully, you do get your bfp so you can cancel your surgery though. hehe.

I know i'm missing most people but i'm on the last page and I have to rush to work so i can't go backwards. Thinking of all of you and sending baby dust your way!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#185 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Cbaa - wow that kind of crazy scenario sounds like the type of thing that would happen in a comedy movie (if they made comedies about infertility). Of course in the movie it would definitely result in a BFP.

It also reminds me of a website I found a while back that really helps cheer me up when I am feeling down about TTC. I'm sure all of you will enjoy it: www.999reasonstolaugh.com

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#186 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 07:01 AM

Wissa- We have an employer plan so we didn't have a choice about which plan. Our insurance company offers infertility coverage, but our plan didn't.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#187 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 08:07 AM

Making Babies: I took the quiz and I got "stuck" and "tired," which isn't too shocking, but geez, way to make me feel lame. :) Guess I need more sleep and more exercise (no shocker there). I do like the way the book and quiz looks at lots of different views for fertility. I always enjoy seeing it from every angle (well, I take that back--not a big fan of seeing it from the BFN angle, lol).

shesaidboom that is straight up crazy with your friends who got pregnant in one cycle. Good call on blocking them--you can always get actual updates from her (that will hopefully be a little more tailored to your level of sensitivity) when you see her in person. 

rcr, how was your appointment? Is this AF or was it just random spotting?

cbaa that's really interesting with all the facts about cold stuff. Sometimes I feel like we just can't win when it comes to diet--so many things are bad for you to eat, but then they're good for you to eat, etc. I usually just go with what makes the most logical sense (and try to avoid too much processed food). I tend to like my veggies cooked anyway, though, so I'll just hope that's an added bonus. Also, whoaaaa, only a $25 copay for IUI? That's incredible. Is your premium very high? My insurance doesn't cover anything even remotely Infertility related (they just denied my first office visit and labs, and I'm kicking myself for mentioning family planning when I made the appointment instead of just irregular menstrual cycle). Finally, I'm sorry your cycle was such a trainwreck, but I couldn't help but smile at the craziness! It was like something from a sitcom. I really hope you get a BFP from this (for normal reasons, of course) because man, what a story for you and DH to laugh about. :)

SilaMarila, to me, the most important test for PCOS is the glucose test, so you can see if you have Insulin Resistance. I never would have thought to get that test, and I'm so glad I did. A $6/month prescription for Metformin later, and I've ovulated for the last two cycles. I really wish I had looked into it before, but c'est la vie. Also (like I mentioned above), if you have irregular menstruation, you can always make appointments based off of that and most insurances will cover it (even if they don't cover infertility).

jukim, so glad that you had such a great time in St. Vincent! It's awesome that you didn't chart/keep track of what was what--sometimes you just need to give it a rest and not think about it. 

Gozal, awww, I'm sorry it's been such a rough day. Vegan chocolate chip cookies and tea sound perfect--I wish we could join you in person! Certain days definitely act as a tipping point when it all just seems to come crashing in. Especially when it involves feeling like the totally odd one out.

skeemama I actually love your meditation. That's awesome & fun . :) 

renavoo, I feel like it's past time we got an update on YOU! How are things going? 

sourire, hah! Thanks so much for sharing that site, I love it!

AFM, today is 12DPO and things are still looking pretty good on my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b

The dip at 7dpo could indeed be implantation (or at least that's what I'm hoping), and the fact that today's temp was even higher is definitely a good sign. I'm determined to not test until 16dpo, which puts it at Sunday (1/15). I honestly just don't want to know before then (after last time). No crazy symptoms, but my right eye has randomly been twitching (which I googled and was listed by a number of people as a pregnancy symptom, but then again, what hasn't), been experiencing some subtle cramping (yesterday) and tightness in my abdomen (last night/today). I was also pretty moody yesterday, but that might have just been the fact that I had to work pretty late.

Trying so hard to remain cool as a cucumber this cycle, but each day that I check my temp and it's still high, I'm tempted to let out a "Woo hoo!"

Me (28) and DH (31), TTC since summer 2010. I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.   chartnew.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b
Finally got our BFP pos.gif 4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.

#188 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 08:17 AM

Also, have to close my web browser because DANG that 999resonstolaugh.com site is hilarious. My favorite is this quote, which I am totally going to use on the next person who asks:

“QUESTIONER: “Wow, I didn’t know you were married that long. How many kids do you have?” ME: “None. They’re on backorder. I ordered them, like, forever ago. I don’t know, they must be out of stock.” -Rachel"

Me (28) and DH (31), TTC since summer 2010. I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.   chartnew.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b
Finally got our BFP pos.gif 4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.

#189 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 AM

SilaMaria - In my experience with PCOS and health insurance coding, PCOS is a code all by itself.  Your first diagnostic labs should all be coded under PCOS, not a general infertility code, and should be covered!! Good luck!

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#190 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 10:54 AM

Thanks Chica..interestingly enough I have been having some right eye twitching too for the past week...

#191 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 01:16 PM

Sorry about the lack of personals. I'm at my mom's. I'll get them tomorrow, but I am reading and thinking about everyone.

(long sigh) - Insurance company is not covering ultra-sounds and some bloodwork from last months cycle. The dr.'s office says they should be covering it. The insurance says it's not covered because it's realted to infertility. Hummm....so is everythting else they actually covered like an HCG shot!!   Not to mention that they paid for the same services in November. Just really frustrating.

IF problems and issues are just never ending.  It's maddening.  It was so much easier getting DS.  Had sex got a baby.  IF is ajsdfljasldjflakjsdlkfjalskdjfl;ajsdlkjf.  Grrr.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#192 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 01:27 PM

I also found that 999 reasons website to be hilarious... there were so many that I liked! I had to close down before I spent the rest of my day reading them!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#193 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
rcr

Wissa and Brichole - war eagle! I am on the other side of the state.

CBAA - I think stranger things have happened. Maybe this will be your cycle. I got pregnant with DS when DH was living 1000 miles away and it was the only time we had seen each other in 6 months. that sucks that you had to convert from an IUI though.

Skee - I didn't know there were pee sticks for fsh! wow!

Goza- sorry. I wold join your cookie party too. Thanks for the reminder that it will happen. I often forget.

Wissa - sorry. I a having insurance company troubles too. They want me to pay a $1500 copay for follistim that only had a $60 copay last month.

Chica - I am off to stalk your chart after I post this.

AFM - Ok, I know I am missing a lot of people. There are a lot of people on this thread, and I have a hard time keeping up, especially since I am reading from my phone half the time and I always want to post a reply later but then I forget by the time I get to my computer. AF is is definetely here. I had a meeting with the RE today. We are going to try again, with a differnet protocol (actually the same one, but adding gannirelix at stim day one this time). It kinda felt like she was giving up on me, for the firs time. We always agreed before that I would not do IVF unless I had at least 5 eggs. This time she said that we could do IVf even if we had 2 or 3 eggs. huh? I don't know what to think of this. She knows I am moving on to donor eggs if this IVF cycle is not successful, so it kinda felt like she was just getting this cycle over with. On the other hand, maybe she is going for quality? I have a bunch of other questions. I wish I would have thought to ask them when I was talking to her.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#194 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 02:44 PM

RCR - lol - War Eagle back at ya.  My husband's family is Auburn, but I come from a Roll Tide family.  So, I mostly just keep my head down and hope for peace. ;)

So, now I'm wondering if we use the same Doctor's Office or you might have the doctor my college roommate had.  Such a small world.  I don't know what to think about going with 2 or 3 instead of 5.  Maybe since she knows this is your last chance with your eggs, she's not going to tell you no.  Maybe she is just going to give you every chance she can before you move on to donor eggs?

And my RE is going to let me do a low dose of follistim & femara next cycle (if this cycle doesn't work).  So, you just reminded me I need to call about that too!

Cbaa - Bless you.  Crazy things women do for IF.  Maybe all the crazyness is a good sign of things to come...babies are all kinds of crazyness. 

Chica - I'm ready for some good news.  Hope you get your BFP in a couple of days. 

So I wonder, if I would freak people out if I posted "Had sex want a baby. NOW. Please." on Facebook.  Just thinking.  In any case, that's my status here. ;)

And DH always freaks at the cost of treatments.  I hope he's not going to back out on me now. I really need to do this --so I will know I did what I could. 

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#195 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 PM

Ladies,

Sorry for the lack of personals, but I really need some advice. Just had a huge fight with DH. I had my RE appointment today and my u/s showed that I was about to ovulate. So, doc asked if we could do IUi today. Fortunately, DH is a teacher and Wed is his short day. So, he met me at the office and we did the IUI. The whole time - with the exception of the actual procedure when he held my hand and was pretty loving - he complained about how long it was taking. At one point, he said, I have other things I could be doing. Plus, the sperm count and motility weren't great this time out. We DTd last night, so that could be a factor. I'm super sensitive about things that might affect his sperm, which he knows because we've had the conversation/fight a million times. Tonight when I get home, he's sitting with his laptop on his lap (what the what??) and then asks if I think it's ok for him to have some wine tonight. Mind you, we have to go back for another IUi tomorrow AM. I know that one glass of wine shouldn't matter, but after a disappointing showing today, I'm a little freaked out. Also found out that last month was actually not a good cycle because uterus was only at 6.6mm and rated 3 (which may just be a thing my doc does, but a 3 is the worst quality on a 1-3 scale).  Supposed to go back with DH for another IUI tomorrow AM but I am so very very upset with him right now that I just want to cancel the whole thing. I know I'm probably just going crazy b/c of the meds, but.... I feel oh so alone. There was door slamming which is pretty unusual for us. 

#196 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 05:54 PM
rcr

Teresa - I am sorry. Dh and I have had big fights about IF too, and had to BD that night. We got through it. IF is really, really hard on couples. Just get through it tomorrow, and things will cool off. Just today I was talking to the nurse and she said that maybe I will get pregnant on my off month before IVF, and I told her that I am sick of having sex with my husband. She went though 6 IVF treatments and eventually ended up adoption, and told me how hard it was back then, but they got through it. I think it is very, very common. In my case, DH is really good about doing things to protect his dismal sperm quality, but he is totally unaware of what is going on. Last time I did IVF he didn't even ask about my beta (BFN). wtf.

Wissa - small world indeed. I thought everybody in Alabama was super fertile because everybody has like 10 kids each around here. It kills me. I am not originally from here. We are at ART. For the record, I don't care about war eagle or roll tide one way or another (like I said, we are not from here).

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#197 of 432 Old 01-11-2012, 05:57 PM

Teresa- Ohh the hormone induced crazyness! My advice, sleep it off. Husbands have a way of not understanding the hormone induced craziness, or understanding the importance of each minute detail regarding IF. Unfortunately, O time makes our already hormone crazed minds also desperate for any and every chance at, well, a chance. You aren't over-reacting by any means, I surely would behave the same way, as I'm sure many of us can relate. But I promise, you will be more thankful for the 2nd IUI and to smooth things over after he gives his donation tomorrow and you complete your IUI cycle. Fingers crossed for you and don't worry you'll come down from the hormone high soon!!

wissa- I think if you are ready to announce IF to the facebook world, that is the perfect status. I brainstorm about what I would say on facebook if I were ready to announce to FB that I am infertile... I seriously can't face up to old friends and boyfriends knowing that I can't make a baby... Ugh. I hope you don't need the Femara/Follistim but I have to say, after 3 months of Clomid, aside from that headache, I feel like a normal person on Femara, yay.

RCR- I hope they can answer all your questions. I don't know much about IVF or egg retrievals, so I don't know what to think. I want you to have your chance with your eggies, so I guess as many as they can get is best... I mean, if there are only 3 good ones to retrieve instead of 5, is there a benefit to cancelling the cycle and trying again for more, or are those eggs gone for good if they don't get retrieved?

Sorry everyone is having such insurance troubles. I don't really understand how everything works. I know a lot about dental insurance but health care doesn't make any sense to me. How can they refuse IF??? I'm not sure why this is the case, but in MA, IF treatments are required to be covered at 100% so my understanding is, even IVF is just a copay (in my case $25), just the cost of the prescriptions, that's how it has been for everything with IUI too. So you ladies all just need to bunk up with me for a while, we can juice and eat soups and compare notes and you can get MA insurace that covers IF, okay?!

AFM: I'm off to complete my BD needs for this cycle... my OPK was still very positive at noontime, it is negative now (still dark but not as dark as the control). Hoping the egg is still floating around if it hasn't found a willing companion yet.

Thinking of everyone else and reading along for more updates!

#198 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 AM

Maybe coming over here where I belong will be the ironic key to my conception!

If I could be added: Myself (27) DH (34) married since 10/2008, TTC #1 since 9/2008 with male factor; using sperm donor; 3 failed IUIs so far, HSG+IUI#4 in Jan 2012, suspected female infertility

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/pupten

Basically, I've been ttc for 3.5 yrs now however depends if you want to count the time we weren't doing IUIs...my husband had testicular cancer in 2007 and was confirmed sterile in 2009, with no hope of future fertility. Did 3 rounds of IUI, 2 of them with Clomid. The doctor was a bit of a jerk, stating that since 90%+ women conceive by the 3rd try and since I didn't, I too might be infertile. Everyone's different, maybe the donor is incompatible, I dunno. Switching donors after #4 if it fails, too.

So, hi! Wish we all weren't here, lol

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#199 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 03:42 AM

Kparker, welcome! I hope your stay is short. Ugh to the nasty comment by your doctor. To have that thrown out without the tests, etc, is such a horrible thing. What the heck...aren't these doctors trained on how to speak to patients? Especially since we are in such an emotional position?

Speaking of emotional, Teresa, hug2.gif I'm so sorry that you and DH had such a bad argument. I hope it makes you feel better that we've all been through that. It's such a stressful time for you and for DH. It's difficult to be always calm because of how stressful everything is. I remember that after one particularly bad night with DH we spoke calmly the next day and I told him that i didn't think he understood how difficult this was for me. He said something that I think I knew but i didn't consider...he mentioned that it's stressful for him too. For him, having to produce sperm basically on command and having people judge the sperm and him was making him more and more stressed as time went by. Yes, we women take most of the brunt...we're the ones making the appointments, keeping the records, limiting our intake of unhealthy things, etc (the list just goes on) but I find that realizing how much stress DH is under as well can help with minimizing those bad times and make getting over it much easier. I really hope that you guys went for the IUI today and especially, that you get your BFP this month. My fingers are crossed for you. Until then, I'm sending you big warm hugs and hoping that this makes you feel less alone.

Cbaa, I'm so jealous of your coverage. haha you convinced me that if I ever want another child, we're moving to MA. ;o) YAH for ovulating and fingers crossed for catching the egg. Let's go egg and sperm!!

Wissa, I would "like" your status if you did post that. Love it!

Rcr, I can see how that would sound but I do hope that she means that they are going for quality too. (Although 2 to 3 seems so low to go through retrieval! Does it count as a cycle under your insurance if you don't go through retrieval?)  Are you putting together a list of questions for the doctor the next time you see her? Or maybe, can you email a list to her or the nurse to get them answered? I'm fairly impatient and if I have a question, I want it answered immediately so I loved that my nurse was basically an email away. I hope you get your answers though! It's not fun to wonder especially as you've had a few delays. I giggled at your answer to your doctor about being tired of BDing with your DH. I was feeling the exact same way! I was so happy to go through IVF because that meant that we didn't have to BD on command at certain days. Well, DH had to provide the sperm or his 5 second contribution, as he called it, but otherwise, we were able to BD when we WANTED, not when we had to!

Chica, I'm whoo hooing for you! Hoping that your temp is still nice and high and that the slight bleeding was implantation bleed. It's time for a BFP! Just 4 more days. I'm counting down for you. haha

Jukim, I forgot to mention this but oooh i'm jealous but happy that you had such a wonderful time. Good for you! I bet you have a gorgeous tan that everyone is jealous of!

Gozal, how are you doing? Just checking in and hoping that your day and week went better...because, after all, don't cookies cure all? :o) big hugs!

Thinking of everyone else and hoping for a BFP for all you ladies soon!

Oh and just a quick AFM, nothing happening here :o) I'm doing well and just waiting for my next appointment. Things appear to be going well although I still freak out a bit because my symptoms are disappearing and it's that weird time between symptoms disappearing and me not feeling any movement so I don't know what is happening in my stomach. I just know it's looking very distended. :oD So I'm keeping busy by stalking all you ladies and just hoping for a bevy of BFPs for you all.

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#200 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 06:08 AM

Rcr - I always try to make a list of questions for the Dr before I go to the appointment but when they suggest something I wasn't expecting I can never think fast enough to come up with all the relevant questions until after I've left the appointment and then I get super frustrated!

Anyone with insurance issues is also welcome to come join me in Quebec in case Massachusetts isn't cold enough for you... not only does our universal health care in Canada cover all the doctors appointments, but a couple of years ago Quebec became the first province in Canada to provide free infertility treatments. The government will pay for unlimited free IUIs as well as up to 3 free IVF cycles here.

#201 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 07:20 AM

Hey ladies! I know a few of you already (and am so very happy to see that some of you have had double success!). I have felt that something was missing lately and I think it is this community of strong, incredible women. I can blog about infertility all day long, but something about coming here to commiserate is just so much more liberating. I am so lucky to have my amazing DH who doesn't mind (and says he finds comfort in) the long IF conversations we have been having lately. For those who don't know me, or need a refresher: We immediately started ttc when we got married in May 2007. I finally got pregnant in July of 2008 only to miscarry at 12 weeks. We didn't start ttc again until around August of 2009 around the time that I started a new job. So far, everything has come back completely normal so we get stuck in that lovely "unexplained" category. Since I got into nursing school in 2010, we decided we would just keep trying au naturale until the point when the edd would be after graduation (and every one joked that now I would get pregnant just because it would inconveniently derail nursing school a bit....like that would have been the end of the world or something.) We finally agreed to do 3 rounds of Clomid at 50mg earlier this spring with no luck and I just finished our first of three rounds at 100mg. If I'm not pregnant by April, I will finally be having a lap done. I graduate nursing school in May and though I could pay our bills with my doula work alone, I may end up getting a nursing job based entirely on who will give me insurance that will cover whatever comes next. We are about 3 hours from the closest RE but I did just discover an OB clinic that I really don't like does some satellite care for one of them (though after a few of my encounters from doula work, I would gladly drive the extra hours.) Anyway, AF showed up this morning and I am doing my best to be thankful for a textbook 28 day cycle. I have a weekend long board meeting that starts tomorrow so I get to take Clomid while on a business trip which should be pretty interesting. At least there will be lots of free wine! 

I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone again!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#202 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 08:20 AM

Welcome back SimplyRochelle. Hope you get things worked out and join those of us on the graduates thread soon.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#203 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

wissa:  I live in Limestone County technically, but i have a Madison address, and Huntsville City Police are the ones who patrol my subdivision lol...i hate where i live but i love where i live at the same time lol.  I work on Redstone Arsenal and i do love my job ...and the drive is much closer than when i lived in Priceville. (i hope you know where these places are)  I used Dr. Harper in Huntsville for my fertility treatments with Emma (my youngest daughter).  Also, I have a Breast Reduciton planned and that is the surgery that I keep refering to on here.  I really need to have it done but i would rather have to put it off for another year or so...because if/when we get pregnant again it will be my last pregnancy...though my family really don't want me to have another baby but that is another story all together!!!

Sourire:  I am packing my bags as we speak to come up there lol.  I HATE my new insurance as it won't even cover a scrip for Clomid!!!!!! That is sooooo stupid!! I'm mad as crap right now...but it will all work out.  I'm going to try to get my GYN to give me a scrip for femera for my next cycle and see where that gets me.  It will have to be unmonitored but i think i can keep up with o with my OPKS.....i already know that I can grow a follicle and can ovulate it on my own on Femera so MAYBE he will work with me on this!!!

Kparker:  I have you added to our list and welcome!! I hate that you are having to be here but we are all here to support you with your journy!!!

Renavoo:  Thanks :)  I am trying to make it thru this crazy month!!! I am on day 9 so only 12 more days to go and I will be done with working for 2 days then I will have to work 6 days straight then i'll be on my NORMAL schedule.  I am not looking forward to the 7 days straight on 2nd shift, mainly because i'm not going to get to see my kids much that week....but at least i know i will be back on 1st shift after that so yay for the end of this month!!!!

AFM:  I still haven't gotten a positive OPK yet, and it's driving me crazy.  They were getting darker and then stopped and went the other way! I just wish i could get a permit to have a u/s machine in my house lol.....then i would have a look see myself lol haha.  Me and DH missed a couple of days of bding this week because i've been so tired with the shift change...but i think we are pretty much set on the rest of the week lol.  Yesterday, dh got off work early because of the rain that we had and emma decided to take a nap once i got home from work at 230 so we got to get 1 in yesterday afternoon...which was good.  I did have some really good CM too so maybe i could of Oed yesterday because i didn't test the afternoon or night before because i was soooooooo tired!!! It gets old having to pee in a cup anyways...maybe maybe maybe this will be our month.  I am just scared to get pregnant in March lol....i would be due on DD#1's birthday again(on dd#2's due date)....so we will soooooo be not trying in march.

Speaking of March.  With my insurance changing I had to change my surgery date from February 20th to March 26th because i have run the stuff thru the new insurance company for approval...and that is supposed to take 6 weeks to come back so who knows. I have a feeling it probably won't be approved the second time either...but i guess we will see.  If i'm meant to have the surgery then i guess it will happen.  I need to get to working though, so i will talk to you ladies later!!!  :)

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#204 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

SimplyRochelle:  We x-post!!! WELCOME BACK!!! I've been thinking about you a lot lately and hoping that you were doing good!!! I don't forsee you being upset if you got pregnant and it derailed your nursing for a little bit though.  A baby is never an inconvenience at least not in my eyes :)  

I hope that you have a good trip this weekend on your business trip and enjoy all of that free wine!!! :) LOL

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#205 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

gozal - hug2.gif

cbaa - Bleh about the timing, but hopefully you will just have a very awkward story about how you conceived your first child! And while part of me thinks living in MA would be cool, the reptilian part of me knows that it's far too dark and cold in the winter for me to survive!

sourire - That website is priceless. I wish I had found that a year ago! Also, see note to cbaa about dark/cold. That, and I don't speak French. Which I hear is not a good thing if one wants to be treated like something besides dirt in Quebec.

chicajones - Avidly chart stalking you!! Excited to see an even higher temperature today!! I agree with CD19 as your O date, and I can't wait for your test!

wissa - Grrr to your insurance company! Hope you can get that sorted out. Also, I like the Facebook status. I would quite possibly post it, but I've been pretty open about IF with people.

rcr - Sorry your RE appt wasn't really encouraging for you. I think there are a few shining examples of what "a few good eggs" can do (like deborah!), but I can also see why it would seem sort of pointless to do IVF with only 2-3 eggs. It is encouraging that your RE is trying something new and different, and I really hope it's the magic bullet for you! I want BFPs for everyone, of course, but you're definitely at the top of my list! It's time already, darn it!

teresa - hug2.gif So sorry about the fight with your dh. hug2.gif I know IF was really stressful for my dh because he couldn't "fix" it, and he felt useless sitting there at the doctor's while I got poked and prodded, even though I felt better having him there. We very likely conceived this baby on a day we BD'd because I basically "made" him, neither of us had much fun, and were both very grouchy about it. Which kind of bothers me a little. But we got through it. And everyone else is right - the hormones don't help at all! I hope you and your dh were able to cool off and make up!

kparker - Welcome! Sorry your doctor is not being very helpful. irked.gif Have you had your HSG already, or is that upcoming? Are they going to run any more tests on you?

rochelle - Welcome! I remember your name from a long time ago, and have been wondering how you were doing. Sorry that things haven't worked out for you yet, but I hope one of these Clomid rounds does the trick!

brichole - I always admire your dh's stamina. No possible way could I get my dh to BD that much. (Trust me, I've tried, and not just for TTC. winky.gif) GL this month!

AFM, hanging in there. Things are slowly getting better. And I'm sure this sounds dumb, since I got my BFP and that is the goal anyway, but I still get jealous when I read about all the people who can take metformin like it's nothing. I really, really wanted that to work for me, and it just really, really didn't. But I am glad for those of you who can take it without getting sick! I'm also curious about this NAC stuff, which I've never heard of before. I still worry about what PCOS may be doing to my non-reproductive systems, even though I've tested as non-insulin resistant, which is supposedly the root of most PCOS-related risks. Anyway, just thinking out loud. Hoping to see more graduates soon!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014 it's a
#206 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 10:06 AM

monkey - yeah there is that minor detail about the French here hehe... but its probably not as bad as you've been led to believe! It's true that it's almost impossible to get a job here if you don't speak French (though if you have even mediocre french you should be ok). But there are large areas of Montreal (where I live) that are mostly english speaking... in fact all the fertility clinics happen to be in the english areas! My fertility doc doesn't even speak French at all (I bet that pisses of the infertile frenchies haha).

AFM - I'm about 8DPO and I'm also on my 6th consecutive day of spotting (and my definition of spotting is probably equivalent to some people's definition of a medium flow). I hate non-medicated cycles, my body is so broken and it just depresses me to get reminded of that. AF will probably show in the next couple of days (by AF I mean even heavier bleeding and cramps) and I can't wait to move onto a cycle where there's actually a chance. DH and I have so little confidence in my natural cycles that we only BD'd once this month, and that was 3 days before O, and only cause we kind of felt like it because we didn't really see the point in trying. I don't even know for sure when I O'ed cause the day after O I got a horrible stomach flu and didn't bother recording my temps for a couple of days cause they were in the fever-zone. Please let tomorrow be CD1!!!!!

#207 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Welcom, kparker and Simplyrochelle!  I hope this forum brings you comfort and success!

Gozal & SkeeMama – So sorry about the BFNs! grouphug.gif

Gozal – I’m sorry you had a rough day.  Cookies sound like the perfect medicine.  You have super-powered test strips. Do you mind sharing your source?

Shesaidbloom – I’m so sorry about the hard times! I can empathize with the super fertile friends.  I’m neck deep in them.  It is so hard sometimes. As for making fun of infertility boards – that is horrid.  I can’t imagine anyone making fun of infertility under any circumstance, especially those that haven’t experienced it.  

Rcr – I’m sorry your appointment with your RE wasn’t what you hoped for.  Fingers crossed that this cycle is it for you!  I too get tired of BDing, and BDing, and BDing.  Remember the days when it was footloose and fancy free…?

Cbaa2012 – Wow! Adventures in Babymaking.  I travelled to Palm Springs to BD in a Comfort Inn a couple of cycles ago.  Our motivation has no bounds.

Jukim – I’m glad your vacation was fabulous! If the old adage "Just relax!" really works, you are good to go! 

Chicajones – Your chart looks fabulous! Fingers crossed! lurk.gif

Wissa – Health insurance is deplorable.  I hope you can get coverage for those charges!

Renavoo – I’m so sorry about the argument.  This babymaking business is so intensely personal in every way.  I hope you made it to the IUI, and I hope that you get your BFP. 

Sourire – I’m moving in.  Not only do I LOVE cold weather (and I currently am stuck in SoCal), but I’ve always wanted to move to Canada. Also, you seem wonderful. Done and done.  I’m sorry about your cycle! I often feel as if my body is broken, too.  It doesn’t feel very good!  And, lastly, thanks for the blog link.  I've been looking for good infertility blogs, but it seems as if people start to blog about their infertility, then they get pregnant, then they start blogging about their family or about recipes.  That's cool.  Congrats, but how about the blogs with those actively dealing with infertility?  Anyone else have suggestions?

Monkeyscience – Hi! I also don’t test anywhere near insulin resistant, and I also am of normal weight.  Metformin has lowered my androgens and regulated my cycles, but not without a lot of kicking and screaming by my GI system.  Wowsers – the kicking and screaming is quite intense at times.  I’ve always wondered if those that don’t have the side effects have a more “typical” presentation – that being insulin resistant and a higher BMI.   As a result, the metformin has more of a purpose and causes less GI distress.  I’ve also seen RE’s prescribe metformin to people that don’t meet the criteria for PCOS.  That’s bananas.  It is as if they just throw the stuff around!

AFM – I visit the new RE this afternoon.  I’ve been trying to get a copy of my labs from the other RE, and they are dragging their feet! It is infuriating! Just give me my damn labs, people! I paid for it, and they are mine! GRR. 

On a different note, I’ve had a set of dreams that focus on a common theme – that being my infertility.  I’ve had them for a long time with the frequency increasing as I age.  I was having these dreams even before I met my partner.  The dreams really focus on my inability to carry or nurture a child.  There are two:  I will be pregnant, but the baby won’t be growing, or I have a baby and I can’t breastfeed.  Until last week, I've never had a dream where I was happily and successfully pregnant, or successfully breastfeeding, either.  I blame it on the horrid gynecologist that told me I would never, ever have children at the young age of 19.  A**hole.  With that said, I have had two dreams this past week where I was happily pregnant.  I’ve been working on being kind to my body, and I’ve also been doing some meditation (Skeemama – My meditation the other day was about planting flowers and then becoming the flower).  Perhaps it is working! At any rate, it is a welcome relief from my disquieting, slightly dystopian, infertility dreams. Phew!

Some questions for the group:  Has anyone heard of IVF and IUI clinical trials? Do they pay for the cost? Has anyone entered or considered entering? Changing directions - how about sex?  I know it only takes one lucky shot, so to speak, but does anyone aim for a BD goal during their fertile window?  We consistently manage to do the deed a solid three times in the two days preceding and the day of ovulation.  Perhaps we need to up the ante.  Anyone have thoughts?

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#208 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 02:31 PM

I'm actually spotting today! Since I've had a lot of spotting this cycle, not sure if this is the real deal finally or what. I have a consultation Saturday morning to schedule the HSG and the IUI. They said they'd do them both in one cycle, last time I called; today they were insistent you have to do them separate cycles. I'm not sure what's going on.

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#209 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 02:41 PM

Sourire and Krunchyk, re Metformin/PCOS: I am Insulin Resistant, but I definitely don't have an elevated BMI (I weight 102lbs and am 5'3"...I've always been a tiny gal). The only major side effect I've had with Met has been terribly smelly gas. My poor husband...I straight up can't help it. It's usually about an hour after I take my pill (have to take one after every meal), but sometimes random. I am grateful that it's the only one, but it's definitely embarrassing.

Thanks for chart stalking with me, everyone! I got an indication from Fertility Friend that my chart is Triphasic, which is a great sign. I'm still trying to keep my expectations at bay, but if my temps stay high tomorrow and Saturday, then I'll be looking forward to Sunday's test even more!

#210 of 432 Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM

rcr: I’m so bummed that they cancelled your cycle. Are you allowed to DTD while on IVF? Maybe if you and DH were able to get in some lovin’ then all is not lost? I really appreciated your take on IVF. After talking to my doctor today, I think it’s a little ways off, but it’s still good to know what your experience has been like. I just wish it worked the first time for everyone so that you could just be done with all of the appointments and needles. And, I’m so sorry to hear about your RE. It’s hard enough keeping a positive attitude. It’s really terrible that she’s giving up on you (or at least making it seem that way). I hope that she’s wrong, and that your next cycle they will get the suppression right and that you’ll get your BFP.

renavoo: Thank you for the support. I’m glad I finally got the check thing sorted out. I was really disappointed too, because I felt like my checks were a symbol of my time in NY (I was up to check number 1252) – I know that’s really weird, but sometimes it’s the little things that get us worked up! Also, thanks for the reassurance about the IUIs. I found out from my insurance company that IUIs are totally covered ($25 copay), so I can have as many as needed. My doctor is now estimating that we’ll do 3-6 cycles of “good” cycles. Apparently, we’re throwing out last cycle because my uterine lining was not optimal. Sigh.

wissa19: I wish the Metformin was making me lose weight. That would be like a little gift until I get the real gift of a baby!! I also like your chocolate milk idea. Might have to copycat you :) Have you had any symptoms with the letrozole? I’ve had hot flashes, headaches, and some anger issues (like getting really mad at bad drivers!) Blurg to all of the issues with getting into the doc’s office!!! I hope they can be more accommodating in the future. Ok, and insurance companies stink!!!! Sorry for your difficulties with them this month!

brichole: you seem to be having a rough patch!  I hope things get better soon and that you can have some quiet, relaxing time with your DH to decompress!

gozal: I am so jealous of your progesterone at 7 dpo – that’s ah-mazing!!! Congrats! I would be super happy too, even though it doesn’t correlate (or so they say!). Just read your BFN. Darn! I’m so, so sorry. I really had high hopes for you. Will continue to send you good vibes and hopes that AF comes and goes quickly so you can move on to your next cycle. And btw, I could sure use some of your choco chip cookies about now!

cbaa: Thanks for the sympathy on the check thing. Totally violating and annoying to change things around. I think you’re right about just going with the IUI – there’s really no point to the p/c if you’ve already opened the IUI door. Definitely helps to get those swimmers up there as close as possible! I’m sorry you’re having yucky femara side effects too…. Good luck with the no wheat thing. It’s so hard! I allow myself m+m’s as my vice food these days! I think BD’ing at a motel sounds like good ol’ fashion fun! It’s certainly one way to spice things up (not that you had a choice, but you know what I mean)!

SilaMarila: Thank you so much for the castor oil info. When I was doing it, I used to just rub it on my abdomen before bed. I’d wear a nightie I didn’t care about and that was that. I wonder if what I was doing was still effective?  I think the warmth factor is probably a factor though, so maybe I’ll give that a try! I love the idea of lunaconception – don’t laugh, but I had a few months when I was kind of addicted to psychics, and one of them said that I needed to align my cycle with the moon. She said she had no idea how to do that, and when I googled it, I never found lunaconception. I’m so glad you turned me on to it! Also, wondering if you use a sleepmask or if you’ve blacked out your whole bedroom? Also, how did your gyno appt go?

skeemama: Ugh. I am so, so sorry. Your DH sounds great. It’s nice to have the support when you really need it. I hope AF does her thing and gets on her way quickly so you can move into your next round. I love your two statements as well. I think it sums up pretty much exactly how I feel. Understanding and Peace.

chicajones: I’m so sorry that your insurance coverage is annoying! At least you were able to change the codes to get some things covered. Still, I don’t know what we’d do if we didn’t have good coverage. I am so very, very grateful. I’m having a hard enough time wrapping my head around IF, and having to think about the financial aspect would make it all that much harder. I also got “stuck” and “tired” from the Making Babies quiz which makes sense as my acupuncturist said my diagnosis was qi stagnation. It’s funny, but I definitely feel stuck and tired! Sending affirmations into the universe that you get your BFP this month!  When do you test?

Gemmine: Hope you have a nice, clear O and that you and DH can get down with the get down this lots this weekend!

krunchyk: how did you RE visit go? Did you figure out a treatment plan?

shesaidboom: Double blurg! I’m so, so sorry to hear about your cycle and your friends. It’s really so awful to watch everyone around you getting pregnant and to see people who have kids who maybe shouldn’t. I have a cousin who is divorcing her husband, and she has essentially abandoned her four kids so that she can move in with a new guy. Ew, ick, yuck. I wish there was just some sort of checkbox where we could indicate, “yes, I’d like to have children” or “no, I don’t think children are right for me.” That would make life easier. Or at least fairer.

kparker: Welcome! I hope I get to know you in the very short time (come on BFP!!!) you will be here!

SimplyRochelle: Hi! I’m sorry you don’t have good providers in your area. That must be tough, but sounds like you’re a trooper!

AFM: DH came into our bedroom last night shortly after I posted. He apologized (a lot) and promised to do better. I think he’s pretty upset about his swimmers’ performance (only 40% motility yesterday). So, we went back to the doctor today for the second IUI. And, blam! We get the news that the motility of his sperm today was 0-3%. So, we didn’t do the IUI – no point really. Not sure what is going on with his sperm. He had the SA almost two years ago and it was excellent. He’s going for another SA next Friday. He does have a cold, so maybe that’s a problem? Anyway, my uterine lining this month was 7.9mm and a “1” (which is perfect according to my doc’s rubric). I’m hoping the good uterus with the BD’ing on Tuesday night and the IUI on Wed afternoon will do the trick. Progesterone testing on 1/19 and beta on 1/26. Not sure if I can make it through 6 IUI cycles.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page