~~ "LET'S RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH BFP'S" INFERTILITY ONE THREAD JANUARY 2012 ~~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 432 Old 01-14-2012, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm still very hopeful for you chica! praying.gif

AFM: AF is here...one day early so I'm on to my fourth try. Are you all temping with a BBT thermometer or a fever thermometer. I was not temping b4 and I want to start doing it from now but i only have a fever thermometer.

#242 of 432 Old 01-14-2012, 09:40 AM

brichole - I'm sorry for all the insurance frustration, but maybe it's for the best? Now you can focus on TTC without having to take a break. How are you feeling about having to delay the surgery? I hope your 2ww goes by quickly! How are you feeling about this cycle? I hope we get some good news from you. I'm crossing everything for a BFP!

sekenamoon - Sorry about the thermometer. Keep us updated!

Sourire - I'm thinking I might test tomorrow or the day after. I'm not expecting a BFP, but I'm worried that AF won't show up without a medicated cycle, so I'm keeping track and making sure so I can call the RE if AF isn't here by a certain date. I'm thinking the 19th or 20th.

chica - I`m so sorry about the BFN. I hope that you do get a late BFP. That would be great news!

jukim - I hope your fourth try is the one! I preferred using a BBT thermometer only because it went to two decimal places rather than one. I felt it was more accurate. I have used a fever thermometer in the past, which was still okay. I know I`ve read not to use the one that you put in your ear since it`s less accurate.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#243 of 432 Old 01-14-2012, 02:09 PM

Chica/Wissa - Interesting. Because I'm tall, thin, and very fit. Not at all overweight. It's interesting to see that there are actually a lot of women with PCOS that don't fit the typical PCOS profile.

Brichole - That link didn't work but I looked at your chart on the front page and it looks like you BD'd on O day. I would consider that great timing. All it takes is once.

cbaa/sourire - Ugh it just makes me made that without medical intervention we are "broken". I hate that when the meds are stopped you guys are right back where you started. It seems like our bodies should have learned something or made some kind of permanent change.

Sekenamoon - I hope you learn what is going on in the next few days!

Chica - Your chart is still confusing to me. I'm hoping that it's just too early!

Sourire - Thanks. That is exactly why I want him to come.

Re: wanting sex to be normal - Since I'm not on meds yet and we never know when I will O, so we BD all the time. All. The. Time. Which is fine because we both need a lot, but I just wish it could be for a different (non-babymaking) reason. I hate the times we have a misunderstanding and end up not BDing and I end up bawling my eyes out because we didn't. I want those times to go away.

Shesaidboom - I'm not sure if they wouldn't see me without him, but they did ask for him to come. I think he probably does have some fears (well, I know for sure the money thing). But that is why I want him to come. So he will know what is going on. We talked about it briefly last night and again today and will talk more on his off days. I think we've just really realized that we are going to have to step up communication and be more sensitive of each other's thoughts/feelings as we take this next step.

AFM - Doing better today. DH says we will figure this all out together by Monday (when our first appt is and where we area going ect). I did talk to him about coming with me and he needs more time and wants to talk more about it. Which is fine since my appt won't be for another week to a month (depending if I keep the one I made or go somewhere else). We are both torn because I really do want him to come but we still don't really want to tell our families that we are struggling with infertility. His mom does most of our babysitting. I have been meaning to "try out" new babysitters that I can use if I need to while I'm at a birth (doula) so maybe this is a good time to do that. 

It's a new day and I'm convinced again I might be Oing. My CM seems really fertile today and my sex drive is up so I'm hoping those are good signs.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#244 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 09:24 AM

Silamarila, I know my chart is confusing! 

Took two more tests today, BFNs. But I also haven't gotten my period, and I've never had a luteal phase longer than 15 days. So now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have disregarded that low temp after all. Even if I adjusted it to my normal pre-o temps, FF says that I O'd on that day. I also had really "gloopy" CM that day, and couldn't decide whether to classify it as sticky, EW, or watery. It was just gloopy, that's all I could describe it as. So if I change the CM notation to "Watery" from "Sticky", and/or uncheck the "disregard temp", then it has me O'ing on CD22 (which is late, but makes more sense with the other CM notes). Ugh, so confusing! I'll probably keep testing every day, but Wednesday would be when I should get AF if I O'd on CD22.

Me (30) and DH (33). I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.  
Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#245 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 AM

Oh, and jukim, sorry to hear that AF arrived! I would definitely recommend temping with a BBT thermometer, it can make a huge difference. I also temp vaginally, just because when I was temping orally sometimes I would fall back asleep and it would fall out of my mouth, lol. They say vaginally is more accurate as well.

Me (30) and DH (33). I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.  
Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#246 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

chica - CD22 seems like a pretty likely day for O, especially with your CM and all. They say you usually get your most fertile CM a day or 2 before O.

AFM - I'm officially on CD1 of my first IUI cycle! I'm so excited! I'm a bit of a math geek so in order to celebrate this new beginning, I did some research and came up with the following stats (mainly based on my fertility clinic's published stats but I used a few other sources and some guesswork as well):

- I have a 1% chance of conceiving on any given cycle with no meds/treatments

- That gives me an 11% chance of getting pregnant this year if I don't do anything.

- I have a 9% chance of getting a live baby from 1 IUI cycle

- I have a 25% chance of getting a live baby after 3 IUI cycles (that's how many my Dr wants me to do before re-evaluating my treatment options)

- I have a 40% chance of getting a live baby after 1 IVF cycle (I'm assuming that's the next step my Dr would suggest)

- I have an 80% chance of getting a live baby after 3 IVF cycles (3 is the max number of free IVF cycles you can do here in Quebec)

So thanks to medical technology I've gone from an 11% chance of getting pregnant this year to an 80% chance. These stats make me so happy!!!!!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#247 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Good afternoon ladies!!! :)  I hope that everyone has had a great weekend!  I know that mine has been pretty good.  I was allowed to go home early yesterday from work so I finally got some what of an off day!  I went with my SIL and got my nails done and went shopping with her and the kids (there are 4 total this weekend since jayde is at her dad's house this weekend).  It was an adventure to say the least lol.  DH also let me take a nap today since i'm back on 2nd shift this week.  I am praying for a great week though!!! 

I think i'm now 2 dpo so I will be testing in about 8 or 9 days...i just wish the days would hurry up and go by quickly lol.  I pray that AF doesn't show up this month but DH and I finally sat down and had another heart to heart and he said that he isn't totally against trying past december so maybe all of this surgery being canceled isn't a bad thing!!!

Sourire:  Just wanted to say YAY for getting to start your first IUI cycle!!! I am soooooo excited for you!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#248 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sourire- I like the sounds of those stats! What is included in your IUI? Med, trigger, one IUI or 2, progesterone? Every change offers hope. I hope this is it.

Sila- DH came just to our initial appt and none since then, no even ultrasonds or IUI. It is all so uneventful other than the 'decision making' appts. I hope all those signs lead to O! It would be nice not to need thst RE appt after all.

Sekena- anyupdate? Did you get a new thermometer?

Chica- sounds like CD22 for O makes sense too, i hope you get double lines soon!

Brichole- it would be best if you just get your BFP right now and then the deadlines surgeries etc dont matter! Why wont our bodies listen?? I took a good nap today too, just because, no second shift here! I cant wait for your month to be over and your schedule is normal again, whew!

Shesaidboom- any surprise BFP today? Crossing my fingers for you!

AFM- the spotting stopped after I started the prometrium. Now I just have to wait. A few asides... GO PATRIOTS!!!!! So excited for football! I'm hangin in there with the diet... Today I just feel hungry. The prometrium is already making me crazy... I'm exhausted and short tempered and moody.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#249 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 PM

Jukim- sorry AF is here. Sending hugs out to you. Do something nice for yourself today.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#250 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 05:16 PM

Cbaa - I'm doing my IUIs with Femara, Ovidrel and Crinone. Only 1 insemination. My first ultrasound is on CD 11.

#251 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 05:22 PM

Cbaa - I'm glad the progesterone stopped that strange spotting you had right after O. I have a theory though that the spotting might actually be caused by progesterone. In every cycle so far that I've taken progesterone, I had abnormal spotting the month after either before O or right after. It's like the progesterone is replacing one problem with a whole new one. So annoying!

#252 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

Cbaa - I'm doing my IUIs with Femara, Ovidrel and Crinone. Only 1 insemination. My first ultrasound is on CD 11.

Sounds just like my cycles! I have to say, I think the Ovidrel made the biggest difference in spotting for me. I hope it does the same for you and a BFP is right around the corner!

#253 of 432 Old 01-15-2012, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Cbaa:  I know right? Our bodies really need to get with the program!!! There are too many of us in here still who have been trying for too long and to keep getting BFNs is just too depressing!!!  I am really hoping that 2012 is much nicer to us  that 2011 was!! 

I am so happy to be off work. Sundays are NO FUN at work because we really don't do much of anything.  We all played "Words with Friends" most of the night to pass the time away lol.  At least we weren't sitting there twittling our thumbs like i probably would be doing if i was on day shift with one of the supervisors.  I have to say that that is really frustrating!!!

On a side note.  There are like 7 mama's so far i think who were pregnant the same time that i was with Emma (we were all in a DDC together here) who are pregnant again and the newest mom to be again just posted on our facebook page that she is pregnant.  We all kinda figured it but she confirmed with her picture of a bfp today and i am happy for her don't get me wrong...but i've been trying just as long as some of the other mom's have and I haven't gotten my BFP yet and it makes me very sad!!!  I just wish everything could come together for me...i mean i'm happy in my new job even though my schedule keeps getting screwed up and things at home are MUCH better than they were back in September.  We are still working on things but at least DH has stopped his constant talking to other women.  I don't think i'll ever figure out how to get him to stop flirting with other women, so that is just one thing i'm going to have to either just deal with or whatever.  I know that DH loves me, he doesn't just tell me but he shows me on a regular basis...but it still hurts when he does it right in front of me.  When i talk to him about it he doesn't think that he's doing it, and when other people like my mom or my SIL notice it I feel like it's a problem.  I hope that his new insurance kicks in soon and that they will cover counceling because I still really want him to go thru that.  It's just so hard to handle with all of my TTC problems and the fact that yes, i could stand to lose a little bit of weight....but DH should love me reguardless of how big or small i am or how fertile or infertile i am.  SOrry that i'm going on and on, but this is my sounding board and where i go to get out how i'm feeling.  I've already talked to DH about it today before i left for work and it only just started a fight, so I just shut down and stopped talking....so now you ladies get to listen to me...sorry lol.

I hope that everyone has a great monday and i can't believe that we are already hitting the "half way" point of January!!! February will be here before we know it and that means we BETTER have at least 1 BFP before we go into the new month! We haven't had one BFP for this month so far posted and I was really hoping that I would be able to post 1 more graduate before i hand over the thread to one of you wonderful ladies.  ALso, if you all could start thinking about if you want to run the February thread please let me know who wants to be the next thread keeper.  I know that some women do end up with Thread keepers luck eventually...i know when I finally got my BFP with Emma I was the thread keeper, so who knows lol.  Sleep well ladies and again i'm sorry for going on and on...maybe i should start an on-line journal or something that way i would have to come here with my problems that really aren't TTC related...though i do appreciate you ladies listening (reading) about my problems and my own fears in life!!!  I am so grateful that i have all of you to turn to when my world feels like it's crashing in on me though.  I never thought i would be able to go on line and relate to so many people and have them understand me because i know there aren't many people IRL who do understand my struggles in life..and if i ever post anything negative on facebook or anything like that i have a cousin who is always like "you really shouldn't post anything negative about your life" well crap ....my life isn't always peaches and cream!!!  There are days i get pooped on and i would like to be able to express how i feel...everyone else out there tries to make their lives look so perfect and i know personally that my life isn't perfect!!!  OK that was my last rant for the night lol...tlak to you ladies tomorrow sometime!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#254 of 432 Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 AM

hi, just stalking and i had to say...

Brichole, I'm happy that DH is being more supportive but I really wish he would start listening to you more and not flirt the way he does. You could look like Gisele and i bet that would still hurt your feelings. I really hope that he gets some help through therapy because I'm hoping he doesn't realize how destructive his behavior could be. Would he like it if you spent all your time flirting with other men? I bet if you did that and if he asked you to stop, you would stop! he sounds like he's the type of person who just really loves and perhaps needs the attention. I'm hoping that therapy can help him figure out other ways to channel that energy, for the good of your family. It can't be good for your little girls to see either! (And, i bet you're beautiful (inside and out) just the way you are!) As for everyone else getting pregnant,  hug2.gifIt will be your turn soon. We're here for you and pushing for this to be your month!!

Cbaa, YAH to no more spotting. Let's hope the progesterone continues to help. Are you taking it orally? Progesterone drove me bonkers when i took it orally!

Sourire, your post about your chances was inspiring. Thank you for being a ray of sunshine. joy.gif

Chica, i really really hope that you're pregnant! The breast pain is so reminiscent of what I felt before I tested positive so hopefully that is what it is for you too. Keep us informed and my best wishes are with you! We need a BFP!!

Sila, hope you Oed! Yah to the 2ww!

Jukim, you should get a BBT thermometer because they are more sensitive and that level of sensitivity may be necessary to catch the shifts. I'm sorry that your AF is here though :o( I hope that this upcoming month brings different news.

Shesaidboom, did you test? Come on BFP!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#255 of 432 Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 AM

silamarila - I'm glad you and dh talked. It sounds like you worked through some things, which is great. Hurray for O! Good luck.

chicajones - I hate when signs are confusing. I hope things sort themselves out soon and you know forsure.

sourire - I'm so hopeful for your IUI cycle. I hope it brings you a BFP and you won't have to do it again.
Thanks for sharing all the stats. It's always interesting to read. I don't like the 25% chance after 3 IUI cycles though. I wish it were more. 80% after 3 IVF cycles is good news though.

brichole - your early day sounds like fun. I really hate the 2ww. I hope yours is filled with lots of distractions to make the time go faster.
Big hugs to you. I'm sorry that you have to go through such trouble getting pregnant when most of your DDC is pregnant again. Please don't apologize for venting. We're here to listen, and we want to listen. Please talk about everything you need to.

cbaa - thanks, but unfortunately it was a BFN. I was expecting that though. I guess we're on to another IUI cycle once AF arrives.
I'm sorry the prometrium is already giving you trouble. That is one thing I did not miss this cycle!

renavoo - no BFP, unfortunately. How are you doing?? I want to hear twinsie updates!

AFM, I tested this morning with a digital test and got a BFN. I was expecting it, but it's still always hard to see. I was hoping to not have to do another IUI cycle, but as Sourire said, that third IUI will give us a 25% chance of conceiving and that's not too shabby! When I call in for my CD1 (come on AF, get here already!) I'm going to ask if I can go in to see the RE to discuss what will happen if this cycle doesn't work.

I would like to be the keeper of the Feb. thread if nobody else really wants it.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#256 of 432 Old 01-16-2012, 11:40 AM

shesaidboom - yeah IUI isn't really all that successful when you consider that a normal couple with no fertility problems at all has 20%-25% of conceiving every cycle. I estimate I have a 9% chance per cycle but success rates go up to about 20% per cycle, depending on a bunch of different factors. You are more likely to be successful if you're under 30 and if your partner has a good sperm count. However you're least likely to be successful if you have endometriosis, which I suspect I do, so I took that into account when I calculated my stats. PCOS has a much higher success rate with IUI, so your chances are probably better than mine! Personally I'm not going to put too much hope into IUI and focus more on the fact that if it doesn't work, I will do IVF and IVF is almost certain to work so I am almost certain to be pregnant by the end of this year no matter what happens!

If you want to do some more reading about IUI stats, check out this website: http://www.advancedfertility.com/iui-success-rates.htm

#257 of 432 Old 01-16-2012, 01:00 PM

So I *think* I may have ovulated. Which be awesome because that means I ovulated on CD21!!! Which be super "early" for me. Here is the weird thing. I got really really sick Saturday/Sunday (but we BD'd before the fever hit!). I've only ovulated I think 8 (well this would be 8) times in the 14 months we have been ttc and this would make 3 times that it has happened on same exact day I got a fever/sick (ugh, to having the flu 3 times in 14 months). I can't figure out the correlation with this. Weird. Well, my temps are off because Sunday it was still like 100 because of the fever, and this morning I didn't take it at my normal time. I really hope I'm not back here tomorrow crying that I didn't O. My CM seems to have dried up and my cervix has closed and firmed up. I'm still really tired  and feel pretty weak but feeling like I will live now.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#258 of 432 Old 01-16-2012, 02:05 PM

Sila- you are more likely to get sick at ovulation- something about the flux of hormones messing up your immune system. I don't remember where I read about it... Same thing happens to me constantly, sounds like a good sign that O came!!! Yay CD21!!

Shesaidboom- bummer on the BFN. new hope for this cycle though...

Brichole-no worries on venting. I agree its nice to hav advice & support from women who don't judge & are just as helpful and supportive as they can be. I'm glad you and DH are able to discuss these things, makes for a healthy marriage! Hope to see BFP from you soon.

Sourire- darn endo... Do they have a lap scheduled to check things out? I hope the IUI works and you never hsve to cross that bridge.

#259 of 432 Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 PM

KrunchyK: Have you ever used digital OPKs? It seems everyone on the message boards uses the non-digi ones, but those never worked for me. I know they’re pretty expensive, but I almost ran through the streets singing with joy when I got my first “smiley face.” Your new RE sounds really, really awesome! I’m so excited for you!! It stinks that she doesn’t take insurance, but she seems to know what she’s doing, so hopefully that means you won’t have to make too many $100+ visits to her office :)

cbaa2010: Yay for being cycle buddies. My beta should have been the 25th which would be 14 dpt, but they have me scheduled for the 26th. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP for both of us – then we could be buddies for the next 9 months!

cbaa2010 + rcr: DH isn’t currently taking any supplements. The thing is that I’m pretty sure is SA will come back awesome like it did last time because they’re telling him not to have sex for 3-5 days before the test. I think his issue is the consecutive days thing. Not sure how to fix that particular issues. rcr: how long did it take for the fertilaid and coq10 to kick in?

SilaMarila: I’m glued to your lunaception updates. Can’t wait to see if it worked for you! I’m trying to figure out how I would completely black out my room without stapling blackout fabric to all the window frames. Keep me posted! And, I’m sorry about your insurance issues. I’m sure your husband didn’t mean to use the word “nightmare” – I think everyone is right that our partners react differently because they can’t possibly know what it’s like to have their bodies completely fail them.

Smilesarefree: I forget – are you on any meds? A lot of the meds mess up your CM, right? I’m sorry – waiting on O and not knowing what’s going is super frustrating. I’m hoping it works out for you.

renavoo: I plan to implement your snuggling strategy asap!

wissa19: Thanks for your wise words. I think you’re right on all fronts. A super swimmer would be really great right about now :) I’m glad to hear that your insurance covers 6 cycles of injectibles – that is, indeed, good news. I’m sorry about your Femara side effects though. Three pills a day is a lot! Is each pill 2.5mg? I was only on one 2.5mg pill a day for CD3-7.

monkeyscience: Thanks for the support. I totally understand what you’re saying about feeling bad about conceiving the baby on a night when you “made” your husband BD. I have this fear that we’re never going to get pregnant on night when we’re just DTD to have a baby. I hold onto the romantic notion that it has to be passionate and we have to look lovingly into each other’s eyes. I guess, in the end, the sperm don’t care how they got to the egg…. so, I probably shouldn’t stress so much about it!

jukim: I’m so sorry. I really had high hopes that you would be the first BFP of 2012. I liked the idea of you getting pregnant on your vacation away from IF. Boo.

Sourire: I’m so excited for you! Those are great statistics. What is Cronine? Is that like prometrium?

shesaidboom: I’m sorry you got a BFN. It’s never easy, is it?

brichole: I'm sorry things are a little rough with DH. It does sound really good that you two can talk about things which is so important. I'm glad you can vent to us :)

AFM: DH and I are completely back on track. He’s getting a new SA on Friday. Hopefully, we’ll have some answers on his end. We even had awesome non-babymaking sex this weekend which made me feel much more connected. I’m not sure if there was something in the air last week, but it was a rough one all around. I had another huge fight – this time with one of my closest friends. She’s 36 and a two-year breast cancer survivor. She’s mad at me for messing with my hormones b/c she thinks hormones are the root of all evil. We worked it out, but it was still a very stressful and tiring interaction. We also had 15 layoffs at the College where I work on Thursday. My boss, who is the VP of our department, confided in me on Wednesday and asked for my advice on who to let go. It was nice that he trusts me, but daunting to sit with that information.

As much as I go on an emotional rollercoaster when I find out another of my friends is pregnant, nothing compares to finding out that another friend is facing trouble conceiving. I had dinner with a friend last night who confided that her fiancé is “shooting blanks.” I’m just so, so sad for her. I couldn’t wish this journey on my worst enemy.

Hopefully this week will be calmer and brighter. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we hear about a BFP this week! Sending you all hugs for a great week.

#260 of 432 Old 01-16-2012, 05:18 PM

Cbaa – I also revert to soups when trying to do gluten free.  I love vegetarian soups.  I agree with rcr, I admire your will power.  After sticking (generally) to a PCOS diet for about 9 months without a baby, I threw the diet out the window.  Peace out you crappy diet! You didn’t do a damn thing! So, kudos to you and your willpower.  (Caveat: I generally eat a healthy diet that is naturally low carb and low sugar with lots of fruits and veggies, the difference between my normal diet and my PCOS diet is leniency.)

Rcr – Put me in the “I’m sick of having sex with you” group. Or, rather, I'm tired of being the engine that drives the train.

Sourire – I also appreciate the numbers, and those stats are encouraging! You are so fortunate that you infertility needs are met with your healthcare.  That is amazing.  Also, will you share your soup recipe when you have the time? It sounds delicious!

Smilesarefree – I hope that this is your cycle, too! Fingers crossed that you drop a fabulous egg.

Wissa – Thanks for sharing your experience. It refutes my theory that the GI disturbance only applies to those that don’t test IR.  I’m switching from the regular to XR this week, so I hope that it curbs all the terrible effects.  My new RE said she would like to increase the dosage.  No way!

Sila – First, I hope you feel much better.  Fevers are terrible! Also, I didn’t make an appointment with the RE we discussed.  She couldn’t get me in for five or six weeks, so I made an appointment at OC Fertility.  I got in within the week because she is just building her practice.  She is located near Fashion Island.

Chicajones – Fingers crossed! Your chart looks fabulous.

Jukim – I haven’t had such great luck finding a reliable thermometer.  I feel as if I go through way too many batteries than I should, which makes me question the validity of the readings. 

Brichole – Big hugs. 

AFM – Well, today hasn’t been my best day.  I went back to the RE today to check my egg.  I ovulated, which I suspected, but my uterine lining was thin – 6 mm. It has actually contracted since last Thursday! She suspects that I have a weak ovulation because I don’t get a positive on the OPK, and this is supported by the thin uterine lining.  As a result, she took my blood to test my estrogen and it was super low at 88 (I don’t know the units of measurement), which also confirms the weak ovulation theory.  I feel as if the past 13 months have been for naught.  So, while I am 1 DPO, I don’t hold any hope.  Frankly, I would like to take a pill and skip it.  Next cycle we switch to Clomid which will either improve the situation or exacerbate things.  Fingers crossed for an improvement. greensad.gif

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#261 of 432 Old 01-16-2012, 07:01 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Teresa - he had a second semen analysis 3 months later and we say a huge improvement. He has been on it ever since, and that stuff is really expensive - $75 for a three month supply of fertilaid, and COQ10 is really expensive too (at least most brands are). Glad you and your DH are back on track, but sorry about the fight with your friend.

Sorry KrunchyK

AFM - Sorry for no personals. There are so many people on this thread and it moves so fast as soon as I go to reply I have forgotten everything. I am still reading along and cheering you on though.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#262 of 432 Old 01-17-2012, 02:32 AM

Teresa, interesting that your RE asked DH to hold off for at least 4-5 days. My RE asked us to make sure he just wait 2-3 days. They said that anything more could result in old sperm that will skew results. I wish that these REs would be more consistent! I feel like the RE's opinions vary from one to the other. By the way, wow, what a trying weekend. I'm sorry about your friend. I definitely wouldn't wish this on anyone either. :o( Also, as for being your boss' confidant, ugh. I would be miserable knowing but like you said, it's nice that he trusts you!

Krunchy, i really hope clomid helps then (although there's still hope as people have gotten pregnant on thinner linings, so I hear). I just want to caution that clomid also doesn't do your lining any favors so maybe talk to the RE about estrogen supplements just in case? Whatever happens, I hope that clomid (or whatever other drug you take, if this cycle doesn't work out!) works out!

Shesaidboom, I'm so sad :o( hug2.gif but I'm hopeful for your next cycle! Do you think it'll be the same regimen? Everything is going well here (I think) haha i don't exactly know because it's all so quiet. I'm not really feeling many symptoms anymore and besides a bigger stomach I'm not feeling much. I have an OB appointment on Friday so I'm hopeful everything will be ok when I go in. Thanks for checking in!

Sila, yah for ovulation!

Cbaa, how are you doing? 

Sourire, how many IUIs have you done and how many more are you planning? 

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#263 of 432 Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 AM

cbaa - no I don't have a lap scheduled. The Dr doesn't seem to think it's worth it. I've done some research of my own and it looks like opinions are divided on whether laparoscopies are worth it for TTC. Some say there can be some mild benefit for a few months after you have it done, others say it does more harm than good. So I have no idea if I'll ever do one!

teresa - Crinone is progesterone in gel form, you insert it vaginally using an applicator. Initially I was on Prometrium but Crinone seems to work better for me.

krunchyk - my favourite vegetarian/gluten free recipe I've found so far is this one: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lentil-Stew-with-Spinach-and-Potatoes-349. It's more of a stew than a soup. It can also be dairy free if you skip the feta... I'm supposed to be eating dairy free as well but I'm too weak to resist cheese haha.

renavoo - this cycle will be my first IUI ever! I will probably do 3 IUI's at most before moving to IVF. Since figuring out the stats though I'm wondering if IUI's are a waste of time and I should do less. In fact since I am really not enthusiastic about having twins I'd almost rather do IVF since they're only allowed to implant 1 embryo at a time here so I have less chance of twins from IVF than I do from IUI. Did you ever do IUI?

#264 of 432 Old 01-17-2012, 08:05 AM

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul" - Emily Dickinson

rcr -  I wonder what the chances are that we would both be on this thread, live in AL, have secondary infertility, have sons born in the same month & year, and go the same fertility clinic.  So, many times I have felt so alone in my stituation...obviously...I'm not.

kruncky - Hope the clomid works for you.  I tend to ovulate, but it's just never strong enough.  I feel your frustration.  It's hard to be so close yet so far away.

teresaresa - All it takes is one super swimmer and it sounds like at times your DH has those.  So, maybe it's just a matter of timing?  And yes, that's 3 (2.5mg) pills for 5 days (CD 5-9).  I ovulated on 2 with a trigger, but it was a weak ovulation.  When I took clomid the higher the dose the lower the progesterone.  I hope the opposite is true with letrozole.  If this cycle fails my RE wants to do a letrozole/injectable combo.  Of course, now we are waiting for the insurance company to approve that.  I feel they will find some reason to deny it.  Two steps forward, 3 steps back.

I hate that you had a fight with your friend about fertility drugs. I'm sure she was just concerned about you and doesn't want to go thorough what she has.  Life is so complicated.

Sourire - Hope this cycle is it for you with IUI...So, you can skip the IVF.  Your positive outlook is nice to see. :)

Sila - O would be excellent! Hope you get your RE troubles figured out.

Bichole - Sorry to hear you are having a ruff patch with DH.  It sounds like he has made attempts to improve his behavior and that he does care about you.  Maybe you will be able to get him to understand that his behavior is embarrassing you at some point.  I think venting here is perfectly fine.  After all, IF seems to make even things not IF related more dramatic and complicated because our emotions tend to be raw.

I have couple of friends that have had 2 babies while I've been TTC.  It's very hard to keep in touch with them because it's always a reminder of how long I've been trying.

Shesaidboom, Jukim & Chica- Sorry for another AF and BFNs. 

Everything moves so fast on this thread, I know I'm not keeping up very well.   However, I am reading along and thinking about everyone even on the days I don't post.

I'm CD 11...time to get the OPK's out.  I have apt. on Friday for ultra-sound and trigger, if I don't get an early surge. DH & I need to get busy. ;)

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#265 of 432 Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 AM

I'm in research mode today.  I found this article interesting as my RE has increased my femara to 3 pills a day.  As a bonus it was published in Sept. 2011...So it is recent/current.

The Use of High Dose Letrozole in Ovulation Induction and Controlled Ovarian Hyperstimulation

"Available evidence suggests a dose-response with letrozole, with higher doses producing more mature follicles and higher ovulation rates [9]. In the initial such study, 5mg daily produced a higher number of ovulations than 2.5mg [10]. A second study, comparing 2.5 mg, 5 mg, and 7.5 mg, found the number of mature follicles to be significantly greater as the dose increased (1.0, 1.4, and 3.4, resp.) [11]."

"It may be that the use of higher doses than those commonly prescribed, especially in women who respond inadequately to standard doses, will allow more patients to remain on oral medications and not have to resort to gonadotropin therapy or in vitro fertilization."

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#266 of 432 Old 01-17-2012, 11:31 AM

rcr: thanks for the info. I'm going to ask my RE about fertiliaid and coq10 even if the SA comes back normal! It's worth it to see if we can get his day 2 or day 3 swimmers up to speed (pun intended!).

renavoo: my RE was pretty specific about the timing for the SA. He said no more than 5 days, but at least 3 days. So we're going with 4 days. It will be interesting to see how the swimmers compare. The last SA we did was off of 48 hours, so I'm guessing there'll be some sort of difference. Not sure which direction it will go in though!

Sourire: does the gel work better for you in terms of side effects, or is it just more effective at elevating your progesterone levels? I don't think I've had my progesterone tested while being on prometrium, so I don't know how effective it's been in that regard. I think it's probably worth it to give the IUIs a shot. Though, I do think 3 is probably enough!

wissa19: Wow - 3 pills a day is intense! Did your side effects get worse with the increase in dosage? It would be nice to have more than one follicle develop - the article seemed promising. What are the injectibles that your RE will use with the letrozole? I think you're right about my friend, but she also didn't want kids (even before cancer), so she doesn't really understand the desire. You're absolutely right - life is so complicated.Keeping my fingers crossed that you get a nice O this time around :)

#267 of 432 Old 01-17-2012, 12:31 PM

Sourire - thanks for the link to the website! I'm hoping we won't have to go the IVF route, but I really like your outlook and I think I'm going to have to adopt a similar one. If IUI doesn't work, there is still something we can do that can.

silamarila - I really hope that you did O!

cbaa - thanks, I'm much more hopeful for this cycle because we are back on the IUI train.

teresaresa - I'm glad things are back on track and you will hopefully have some answers soon! That does sound like a very rough week. I'm sorry you had to go through it, and hopefully it will only be up from there. As much as I hate that you and your friend are going through fertility troubles, I am glad that you have each other to confide in. It is helpful to have understanding support.

krunchyk - I hope that the clomid improves things. I'm so sorry you are struggling so much.

rcr - thinking of you too. I understand about the personals. If I'm gone for more than a day, it is very overwhelming to catch up with everyone, even if I do read every post. I love that we have so many people here to offer support, even though I wish nobody was in this situation.

renavoo - we are doing the same regimine this cycle - femara, ovidrel trigger, IUI x2, and the progesterone suppositories. I`m asking for an appointment with the RE to discuss our next steps if this cycle does not work though, because I think three tries with one regimine is enough. I mean, I seem to be responding well to the medication, but it`s not getting me pregnant so something isn`t working.
I`m glad things with you are going well. Quiet is good! I look forward to hearing about your OB appointment!

wissa - I hope everything goes well! I`m crossing my fingers for you for a successful cycle and a BFP at the end!

I'm pretty sure I'm on CD1 right now, so I'm right on my cycle buddy (Sourire)'s heels again. I'm waiting to call the RE's office until I get a real flow instead of spotting, so maybe it'll end up being tomorrow. I'm glad that it seems AF is here though as I was worried it wouldn't come without a medicated cycle. As much as I'm looking forward to another medicated cycle since I have more hope now that we'll be doing our third IUI, I am not looking forward to all the side effects, the Ovidrel trigger, and of course the dreaded 2ww. Eek! I'm also hoping my RE will see me so we can discuss what to do for the next cycle if this one doesn't work out.

#268 of 432 Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaresa View Post

Sourire: does the gel work better for you in terms of side effects, or is it just more effective at elevating your progesterone levels? I don't think I've had my progesterone tested while being on prometrium, so I don't know how effective it's been in that regard. I think it's probably worth it to give the IUIs a shot. Though, I do think 3 is probably enough! 

The gel is more effective. My RE explained to me that the gel contains a mechanism to make it adhere to the walls of your vagina and release evenly over a period of 24 hours so it gives you a more stable level of progesterone than prometrium (and also way less discharge in your underwear). I think this is why I still had spotting in my LP with prometrium but I didn't have any until the very end with Crinone. Also prometrium made me bleed before O, and Crinone was less bad for that. In terms of the side effects though like irritability, it seemed about the same as prometrium.

shesaidboom - that's awesome that we're still cycle buddies. It will be even more fun this month cause we're doing practically the exact same treatment!

wissa - thanks for the info. I'm a huge fan of scientific studies. I had previously read about how Femara produces more follicles at higher dose. I am taking 5mg (2 pills) which seems like a happy medium between higher chance of success vs higher risk of multiples.

#269 of 432 Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 AM

So, no O for me greensad.gif I knew it was too good to be true. I have fallen so terribly behind! But, I am feeling good and like my usual self again! I'll be back with personals promise!

#270 of 432 Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 AM

Funny, it looks like most of us are geographically pooled! We have the northeasterners (high guys, are you sick of winter yet? - yes this includes all East Coast Canadians, of course), the SoCalers, and the southerners. Too bad we can't have a national conference with tea and cookies, huh?

chica, you totally ovulated on cd22! In my non-expert opinion.

Sourire, I like where your head's at with those stats! Thinking so many good thoughts for your first IUI...

cbaa, you crack me up! How many times have I had "YEAH let's make a baby" sex for the first five minutes and then have it fizzle into "I am ovulating right flipping now, let's just get 'er done already" sex. (THANK YOU IF.) I'm very superstitious so I won't say anything at all about how your crazy story sounds exactly like one of those things that ends up being the story of your first child's conception...

Sila, wahoo for finally getting some (maybe) answers! And BLECH about all then insurance woes. I was going to say exactly what you ended up doing, why not get in for the first appointment at least. So glad you got to do that!

Brichole, so I have a theory. I think you should totally try to ttc in March if you're not preggo yet by then (which I am hoping you WILL be, of course). Why? 'Cause if that is the one month that you're a little eh about conceiving in...well...you know Murphy and his law!

Renavoo, you are so close to the big u/s! I hope everything is perfect and can't wait to hear all about it.

Wissa, good news at least about injectibles coverage. Sorry about everything else. :( Hoping this is the start of a great cycle for you!

Oooh, Deborah, do you mind telling me more about purchasing supplemental IF insurance - like how you found out about it (is it on the insurance website?) and if the application process is difficult. I didn't realize it was available! Can't wait to hear the news from yor big u/s - it's coming up soon, huh?

rcr, eek, not cool about a doctor being cavalier about something as serious as an IVF cycle! I'm always the same way, I always think of more questions not in the moment. Have yout talked to her again yet? I'm hoping there is a better explanation for you. 

teresaresa, I know others have said it (and I have been helped so much by the responses, myself) but you and DH are not alone! It's funny how in many ways IF has brought us even closer together. We are more in tune with each other, more aware of each other's sensitivies, more grateful for all that we have. But in other ways it's added stresses that just...make my heart hurt. I mean, we always had, you know, a great time DTD. Now, no matter how nonchalant I am, no matter how much info I keep to myself, no matter how much we have when we're not trying to make a baby, it's fraught. I do wonder how long it'll take us to get over it when we're done having babies. But I know that we will. I think what you are going through is part of the awful bumps in this road. I'm so glad you worked it out. I had a feeling he would come through for you ('cause like I said, I've definitely been there).

kparker, welcome! Um, sounds like your doctor missed the bedside manner lecture at med school, huh? Sorry to hear all you've been through. I hope you get some answers soon, and in the meantime this awesome group of women is here for you!

SimpleRochelle, welcome to you too! What a long road it's been for you already. I hope you are close to getting lots of answer and, more importantly, a solution. It must be hard to do doula work (you too Sila) while dealing with IF - you have to be a strong person to do that!

Monkey, hi! I'm always glad to know you're doing okay. 

krunchyk, hmmm, well, we've been getting a solid 3-4 times during the fertile window (sometimes 5) and I'm actually wondering if it's too much. I figure the last one is probably too late anyway but I really worry about the quality of the second and third. As far as we know DH has no issues, so according to science we're doing everything right. But I wonder...and yet I'm afraid to try only 2. I have it in my head, because with DS it was right around 24 hours before I ovulated, that that is the magic number. But frankly we've gotten it in on the magic number on at the very least several tries, so it's probably not that. (Blah!) Anyway, so glad you found "your" RE. I always leave mine's office and just feel better. I love going there, perversely. I seem to be having issues with egg quality too though all my numbers/indicators are fine. It's super frustrating.

Smilesarefree, I hope this is turning into a surprising-in-a-good-way cycle for you. I know what you mean, I've been ovulating early for me too (not quite as early, but still early).

Gemmine you know, I should probably stop it with the charting too. I do sometimes, especially when I'm having lots of monitoring anyway. 

jukim, I got my bbt therm at CVS (CVS brand). It's purple, cheap, and seems to work great. I clean it off with a little rubbing alcohol in the mornings and have had no problems. (I temp vaginally, whcih I recommend, I feel it's much more accurate.)

shesadiboom, I'm so sorry. :( Upwards and onwards, right? As DH reminds me, we just have to keep trying and in the end we'll have a baby. Which is a pretty good finish line.

As always sorry if I missed anyone or anything...hopefully I'll be able to check back in a little more this week.

AFM, I'm taking Clomid days 4-8 this cycle and am currently on day 4/5. I do notice more side effects this time (it's my second Clomid cycle) but I have started getting CM a day or two early so hopefully it won't effect that or my lining too much. I go in for an u/s on Mon. (CD12). When I went in for my baseline it was a super busy morning and my RE mentioned getting an SA/IUI next week. I honestly think she just got confused (which never happens, but it was truly crazy that morning) but now I'm nervous. Turns out it's over $400 just for IUI...not something we want to do unless it's necessary, and it's probably not. DH and I are considering doing it next cycle (our last Clomid cycle) if this one doesn't pan out. Or at least we'll do the SA, before we get on to injectibles. I really hope we don't get there...

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page