Mothering Forum banner

~~ "LET'S RING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH BFP'S" INFERTILITY ONE THREAD JANUARY 2012 ~~

16K views 431 replies 24 participants last post by  deborahbgkelly 
#1 ·
A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Please let me know if there are any changes/updates to make.

Trying to Conceive #1

Kparker (27) DH(34) married since 10/2008. TTC#1 since 9/2008 w/ MIF. Using sperm donor; 3 failed IUIs so far. HSG + IUI #4 in Jan 2012, suspected female IF.

krunchyk Me (32), DH (33), ttc #1 1/11. Diagnosed with PCOS at 19. Eastern Medicine diagnosis of phlegm stagnant. Currently taking 1500 mg of Metformin daily along with supplements and acupuncture.

Teresaresa (32) DH (46) TTC#1 since 04/09...married 06/09. Waiting to see what our next cycle will be....hoping for a BFP!!!

Jukim married to DH since 01/01/09. TTC#1 since 11/11. Battling Hyperthyroidism since 04/11. The thought of it being a long journy is unnerving
shrug.gif
but God is gracious!
praying.gif

gtree TTC for a year, just started clomid. Hope 2012 brings babies!!

Gemmine (27) Me+ DH TTC #1 since July 2010. 1 loss at 5 weeks in April 2011.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/gemmine84

Shesaidboom (27) TTC #1 since 2007. Struggling with PCOS. Currently taking 1 cycle off for the new year and praying for our "free baby" before the clinic reopens after the first of the year!

Cbaa2010 Cait & B (26) TTC#1 since 10/10, 2 failed Clomid cycles, 1 IUI, also on progesterone for chronic LP spotting. 1 more go with Clomid, then on to injectables!

BFPChart2.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/caitylady

Sourire (29) DH (32) - TTC # 1 since August 2010 with short luteal phase.

BFPChart2.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d1bce

Monkeyscience MOVED TO GRADUATES!!!

chart1.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d452e/

LuluRoo (28) TTC#1 since March 2011 after taking a break from TTC for a little while!!! Doing what I can to prepare for our first medicated cycle March 29th, 2011.

Renavoo (35) moved to graduates!!!!!!

Blueyezz4 TTC #1 (technically #4 - long story) since 2006; Moving on to our 3rd Fresh IVF in Oct. after 5 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF's and a failed FET. Hoping & praying for a miracle. Mother to our twins boys - lost at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 and another little angel in heaven lost at 8wks!

deborahbgkelly (30) moved to graduates!!!!!!

JodiAriel Jodie (33) married to Jay (31) TTC#1 with PCOS, male viscosity issued, low progesterone.

Catheleni 35, TT#1. Male factor issues and consult with RE in November.

Chicajones (27) DH (30) TTC#1 since June 2010. Just diagnosed with PCOS. Limited insurance/finances so we're going to try Femera then just try natural therapies if that doesn't work. Also adivsed that I have IR problems.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d1bce

Trying To Conceive #2

SilaMarila (25), DH(29), TTC#2 since 12/10. Long cycles and infrequent ovulation. No diagnosis. Using acupuncture (since 6/11) and holding off on fertility meds for now.

MammaBird (42) moved to graduates!!!!!!

rcr (37) TTC #2 since December 2007. One failed IVF, five failed medicated IUI cycles (follistim, menipur, and gannirelix), hoping for second IVF cycle Jan 2012.

Gozal (33) trying for number 2 since 2009. Finally diagnosed with prolactinoma after extended breastfeeding; PRL levels normal 4/11; ectopic pregnancy 6/11; trying first Clomid + Ovidrel cycle after three monitored natural cycles.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/324f8c/

Tinymama TTC#2. Male IF issues (poor count/quality/motility).

Trying To Conceive #3

zanelee TTC#3 for almost 5 years now. Secondary IF due to cervical cancer surgery. Had extensive endo removed and cervix manually dialated (so dh's boys could get in!) in late fall of 2010, and now trying on our own for a few months. Can't decided whether or not to start clomid. Praying for a miracle!

Brichole1214 Brandy (27) DH (31) TTC#3 since March 2011! Waiting for an appointment with my GYN to see what our next steps will be with TTC! Praying for a baby in 2012!!!

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/158654

Skeemama TTC#3 since 2006. Several losses along the way. Hopeful. (most days)

Graduates

(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

Monkeyscience, Mammabird, deborahbkelly, Tenzinsmama, Renavoo, Tantylynn, Kaydove, Brichole1214, Sweet.Bee, Lega, NishaG, Kewpie80, Tear78, ValH, Lesliesara63, no5no5, Minkajane, EastbayK, Grapesbunch, thtr4me, alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, livelovelaugh

Missing In Action...but we're still thinking of you

(please let us know if you'd like to jump back in)

babymc, yoyonana, RosieL, Silverbird, fierrbug, rhiandmoi, aprilmom, wendlynn, lydiah, hope4light, jenger, tryingfortow, wallabi, gale, cassnbeth, mindfulmomma, emski4379, kyliel, moonfireglow, Milletpuff, First Short Photo, Stretch358, InGodsHands, Simplymere, Indianagrl, Victorian Patch, lovebug

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/delete/change in your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated!
love.gif
Weekend Wrap-Up: Name:Age:TTC #:CD:DPO (if applicable):Testing:Trying Since:plan for this Cycle:Link to Chart (if applicable):Thoughts:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi ladies!! I went ahead and started the new thread because i didn't know when i would get a chance to start it next weekend!!! We can keep posting in December until January comes around and i'll just bump this up next sunday!!! Looking forward to a great 2012!! If anyone hasn't been added and would like to be just let me know. Also take a look at your blurbs and let me know if anything needs to be added or taken off.

#3 ·
Well, you can probably move me to graduates. Though I've been having some brown spotting yesterday and today which has me insanely worried. I just keep reminding myself that brown means old blood, so nothing I can change now. But if it turns red, I'm definitely going to the ER for an ultrasound. So not what I wanted for Christmas!

#5 ·
Welcome Skeemama!! I have added you to the list. If there is anything else you would like to add to your blurb just let me know :) I really hope your stay here is short!!!

Monkeyscience: Thinking about you and praying that everything is okay!!!! I had some spotting with Emma when i was about as far along as you are...i really hope that you can rest and take it easy and take care of you and baby!!!!

AFM: I did a stupid thing and tested at 9DPO!!! LOL I know better than to test on this day of my cycle!! It's just i have all these symptoms and I couldn't resist stopping by the $tree and picking up 3 tests since they were only a $1 a piece. I will probably test again in the AM with FMU that way i will be testing on 10dpo ....and probably still will have a bfn!!! GRRRR i have been in such a HORRIBLE mood since i got home and tested...i know better i know better i know better....but that doesn't mean i listen to myself!!!

THINKING ABOUT EVERYONE!!!

#6 ·
Aaack, I'm so behind! I've gotten a bit swept up in the holidays, which I'm kindof ok with (and with being off of work until Wednesday, yay!). So just a quick post for now...

Gozal, thanks for updating my chart link!

Shesaidboom, oh Sparks! How funny! My husband actually used to be the director for Awana at our old church, and I did it all growing up. We're somewhere a little less traditional now, but that brings back memories. :) Those kinds of things are definitely hard though--being around a bunch of kids is one thing, but then when the moms bring in their new little ones it definitely gets harder.

Sourire, glad to hear your feeling so upbeat! I think it definitely helps to have a month or so where you're distracted and not hopeful. Then if nothing happens, you aren't so disappointed, but if it does, you'll be nice and surprised.

Brichole, will be thinking of you in the next few days! Get ready though, if you started testing now you'll be doing the POAS dance for the next few days! I hope your final steps lead straight to a BFP. ;)

Monkeyscience, definitely sending prayers your way! I hope it's just random spotting, and that it stops soon so you don't even have to fret a bit about it.

Okay, just a few things while they're on my mind:

1. One of my close friends (who has been super encouraging about my TTC journey) just found out she was expecting. It's insane because she and her husband have had exactly three "slip-ups" the entire time they've been married...and every single one has resulted in a baby (they have two already). It really blows my mind--she was trying to decide if she should test or not, and then did, and bang, big old fat line. The timing is good for them this time (the last two were a little nuts), so I'm really excited for them, but man, definitely crazy to think about how for some people it really is just wham, bam, BFP. She's been awesome though, and keeps saying that it will be so much fun to be pregnant together, because she just knows I'll get a BFP this coming month, which is very sweet.

2. I have gotten about eighty zillion photo Christmas cards, covered with cute pictures of kids/babies/pregnant women. And while I'm happy to have friends that are sending them and thinking of me, part of me just wants to stack them in a drawer and lock it until I don't have to think about TTC anymore. It really feels ridiculous. Every time I open an envelope, there are cute eyes and small faces peeking out and I want to cry.

3. One of my pregnant friends was hanging out at a family get-together we had tonight, and her husband is thisclose to making me lose it. He somehow works the fact that she's pregnant into every other sentence: "Let the pregnant lady go first," "Save a slice of pie for my pregnant wife," "Time for us to go home soon, growing a baby is hard work!" etc, etc, etc. It's their first, and I know he's excited, but they both know that we've been trying for a while, and she knows I've been dealing with PCOS, and it's just absurd. If it keeps going like this I'm going to have to figure out a way to tactfully say something to her (or have DH say something to him).

Whew! AFM, trying to take OPKs but I don't think I'm very good at it. I have a hard time getting the timing consistent. We DTD Wednesday night and this morning, and I'm angling to hit the next five days straight (hit, get it...hehe). Been feeling pretty decent, and taking my pills, etc, so just putting in the time at this point. I've been trying to avoid sugar (OB/GYN says that will help), but dang, it is soooo hard with all this holiday food.

Hope you are all able to celebrate the holidays (not just cope), and that you are heading into the New Year with happy memories of the good times from 2011, leaving behind all the sad/frustrated/lonely ones. Let them go out with a bang at midnight, and may you step into 2012 with high hopes and lifted spirits (and....a BFP would be nice too). ;)

#7 ·
Chicajones: I'm so sorry!!! I hate when people don't THINK before they talk!!! I remember going thru our IF and treatments and ALL of my DH's family asking me and him when we were going to have a baby!!! It's not like we weren't trying, for some it just takes a little while!!!! My mom made a comment the other day that i should of had DD a brother or sister sooner than I did and i about went off on her!!! BLAH!!!

AFM: I'm just going to stop testing until AF doesn't show up. I got another BFN this morning. I might be a couple days less post O than I orignally thought, but still, AF has been showing up right on time every month so i'm just waiting on her Tomorrow morning!!! I can't help but be depressed about it because i was really hoping that I would get a BFP today...but i guess not. :( I can at least enjoy a couple of drinks tonight at our Christmas gathering.

I hope everyone who is celebrating today and tomorrow have a Merry Christmas. I am PRAYING that 2012 brings a better year for those of us who haven't gotten our BFP's yet!!

I also can't wait until Summer/Fall gets here so we can celebrate the births of the babies who have been concieved already!!! YAY!!! :)

Monkeyscience: I hope that you are doing okay!! Still sending out lots of sticky vibes and praying baby holds on!!! Maybe he/she is just burrying a little deeper into your uterus getting all nice and snug for the next 8 months!!!!

#8 ·
OK ladies...send some good vibes this way!!!

I am not going to hold my breath (again)

I have a positive OPK today.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (really 2 test = +O )

Day 10, my temps have been whacked due to odd sleeping pattern at my house, although to day was a little higher. This cycle is "on my own"/ no RX, except for progesterone.

Now, with a house full of people....sneak the deed & stay headstand or laying down for 30 minutes....

#9 ·
deborah - I'm glad the babies are doing well.
Thanks for the note about the BFN. I really appreciate all the support here.

brichole - I'm so sorry about the negative tests. Have you been able to enjoy your holidays at all? I hope they are at least helping to distract you.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. Once AF is gone, we'll be BD-ing every second day just to make sure we catch that O. I don't think I will O without the meds, but just incase.
Thanks for changing my blurb for me, you're so sweet <3

Sourire - I'll talk to my RE about the other types of Progesterone. I always wash my hands before/after inserting, but I guess sometimes that isn't always enough.
Interesting how we switched positions this cycle! I hope it is the one for both of us. I'm glad you're feeling good despite the BFN.

renavoo - I hope I don't have to worry about it either! I get really tired of the suppositories. It's not fun to have to stick things up there twice a day..well maybe it would be if it were for other reasons, haha.

cbaa - I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. The 29th isn't too far away, but I know how hard the wait is! I hope you're having a good holiday and it is distracting a bit.

monkey - sending good thoughts to you and the baby. I hope everything turns out just fine.

chica - glad to hear from you! I know how busy the holidays can get. I'm so sorry some of your friends have been so insensitive. It's such a hard place to be. I hope they come to your senses and are a little more sensitive around you.

skeemama - sending tons of good vibes your way!

AFM, today really showed me how much I do not like the holidays anymore. The building up part is nice - crafts, decorating, music, baking, and that kind of thing - the alone stuff with my dp was nice, but the rest was hard to sit through. Christmas eve ended in the worst panic attack I've had in a long while, and today ended with my uncle screaming at me for an incredibly ridiculous reason (my cousin brought over a menorah to light since her immediate family is Jewish, we're a real mix of religions, and my friend who comes to all of our holiday stuff and is basically family was asking how that all worked out. Basically, my grandfather was Jewish and my grandmother was Catholic. Their children (my mom and my uncle, and my aunt who passed away) were raised with both traditions but no religion. My uncle married a Jewish woman and basically converted at that point. Apparently he's very sensitive about it because he just started screaming) and a nice cry session after our guests left.

We're at the point in our family life where most of the cousins are starting to get engaged and settled down. Nobody who lives in the area has kids yet, but the conversation always goes that way, this time especially because two of my step-cousins are popping the question to their significant others within the next week. Then someone put Shrek 3 on TV, and what is that about? BABIES. Even my childfree friend, who I slipped out for a walk with to get away from the baby talk, couldn't stop talking about her baby nieces and nephews. After getting the BFN, I just wanted to get through the holidays without thinking or talking about babies, but I just can't get away from it. Here it doesn't bother me because people get it and are sensitive about it, but family is just not. What I'm really worried about now is that all these family members who are getting engaged are going to start having babies and I'll still be the one who can't get pregnant.

#11 ·
The holidays are tough. DH is the only of his brothers married and the only grandchild married. Needless to say, my MIL wants a baby so bad. She is not pressuring me, but I also don't want to say too much because I know her hopes are high and I know how badly I want a baby. On my family side (that we did not see today) is constant pressure from my mother. Little comments that make it seem like we could have a baby tomorrow if we wanted to and my sister JUST HAD TWINS. she was ttc for 2 months and boom, there you go. I thought that would take some pressure off, but instead has opened up more of a gateway to ask questions.

One of my girlfriends just got a BFP after a year and a half of trying! So excited for her!!

#12 ·
I got a Christmas card with an ULTRASOUND on the front of it!!!! It said "Merry Christmas from our son due in April."
1sttri.gif

Quote:
2. I have gotten about eighty zillion photo Christmas cards, covered with cute pictures of kids/babies/pregnant women. And while I'm happy to have friends that are sending them and thinking of me, part of me just wants to stack them in a drawer and lock it until I don't have to think about TTC anymore. It really feels ridiculous. Every time I open an envelope, there are cute eyes and small faces peeking out and I want to cry.

#13 ·
Gtree: Welcome!! I'm so sorry you are having to come to us but i'm happy you will have support here!!! I hope your stay is short lived. I will make you a blurb and add you to the list and if i need to change anything please just let me know!!!

Shesaidboom: You're welcome!! :) I was going thru and seeing if everyone's stuff was up-to-date and yours was for your last cycle but now that you are on to another cycle i changed it. I hope that this is your cycle and you don't have to worry about having to take anymore meds!!!

Skeemama: I hope that you were able to get some good BDing in!!! FX for you!!!

Everyone: I hope that this weekend brings good things to everyone!!! It starts a new year and I pray that all of our journies for TTC come to an end with a new baby to hold!!!!! Love you ladies!!!!

AFM: AF is officially 1 day late and i'm proud of myself for not stopping by Wal-Mart on my way to work and wasting more money on a test that is more than likely going to just pop up BFN again. I am just really down about it right now. My $tree test was evil to me yesterday and ended up with an evap line GRRRRRR lol...but at least it was something i could obsess about for a little bit!! I did get to enjoy watching the girls open their christmas presents so that was a plus...just wish i could get more days off before my crazy schedule of January starts!!!

BLAH, okay, so i'm about to drive myself crazy with all of the "symptoms" i'm having yet still no BFP!!! I honestly thought for sure by now i would have the right answer with how fast i got a BFP with Emma in 2010!!!! I guess i'll just wait and see what the test says when I get my 20 hpt strips in on Wednesday! I hope that I just spent $18 on all of those opks for nothing!!!!! I am trying to stay positive since AF hasn't shown up and she's been pretty constant the past few months...so we will see!!!

#14 ·
Shesaidboom- We are also a blended family. We have been lucky that there are a bunch of mixes, but I can see how it could be a point of contention in a family. I am sorry the holidays were so rough for you. Hoping you can ring in the new year with a happier experience! Gtree- Welcome. I hope your stay here is short, but know that everyone here is great and very supportive! Brichole- Keep being proud of showing restraint :). Here's hoping those first couple of BFNs are flukes and Wednesday brings you a BFP!

#15 ·
Shesaidbloom - we have several religions in my family too, and we have no religion. This year we decided to just stay home on xmas and do presents but don't do a tree or anything. It was a lot easier this year doing that.

Brichole - thanks for the new thread. And about the ********** midwife, she seemed really wonderful. She is 2 hours from me, but has an apprentice who is closer, so agreed to take me on last time I was pregnant. When I was having a m/c and trying to avoid a D&C she ended up giving me a lot of advice about how to move along the m/c. Of course, it helps that we have out of state insurance that pays for things like IVF and midwives. She trained at the farm, and I even called up there to ask them about her and the woman I spoke with at the farm said that she was wonderful. And what Patience you have waiting until Wed to test.

Oh, and could you change my blurb to say: rcr (37) TTC #2 since December 2007. One failed IVF, five failed medicated IUI cycles (follistim, menipur, and gannirelix), hoping for second IVF cycle Jan 2012.

Monkey - how are you? Has the spotting stopped?

gtree -the "when are you going to have another baby" comments drive me nuts. I avoid certain acquaintances because that is the first thing they ask every time they see me.

AFM - I stopped BCP yesterday and my suppression check is Wed.

#16 ·
Deborah: Thank you :) I hope that they are just flukes too!! I still haven't gotten AF yet but i keep feeling like she's going to show up. I have been keeping track of my cervix and it's REALLY HIGH and closed right now so i don't know what to think... I have also been really dizzy and SUPER tired the past couple of days. I am just soooooo ready for Wednesday to get here. I should definately know something by then. I'm on CD25 today and i'm 13DPO. Well, at least i THINK i'm 13DPO i could be 10-13DPO so who knows...Maybe i Oed a little later than i thought i did and maybe i just tested too early! At least now i'll be testing the same day as or the day before CBAA!!! It's always nice to have a cycle buddy!!! I should have plenty to keep me busy the next couple of days so that's always a plus too! The girls got SOOOOOO much stuff for Christmas that I'm having to go thru everything they already have and make them get rid of some stuff. I also have to start going thru their clothes...they got almost as many clothes as they got toys lol.

RCR: Got your blurb updated!!! Thank you for more information on the midwife. I really don't know that anyone would take me on being VBA2C but i could always call and see. I technically have out of state insurance since it's not based out of Alabama. We have Cigna now instead of BlueCross Blue Shield of Alabama...so i guess i could look into seeing what they would cover. I'm sure i'm not that lucky but hey you never know lol. And thank you lol, i'm really not a very patient person and it's taking everything in me not to go out and buy a FRER today after i get off work. I guess the only thing really keeping me from it is the fact that I have friends who should be at the house when i get off work and i don't want to delay them getting back home 2 hours away...but if not for that i would SOOOOO be testing again tonight lol. It's just driving me crazy that I haven't started my period yet and i'm cramping and feeling very bloated too!!! I just don't get it...i would love for all of this negative feeling turn into a positve result like it did when i was pregnant with Emma but i just don't think this was our month. Being my luck my body geared up to O and then didn't...then i will have worried and worried about being or not being pregnant for the past week lol. I did enjoy a SMALL glass of wine that i sipped on Christmas Eve at dinner. I hope that the clinic screwing up your schedule of the BCP didn't hurt your suppression and i hope that you are right on track to get this cycle more under way!!! G/L!!!

#17 ·
Not sure where I am supposed to post anymore! I chose here since it looks like most people have already started in at the January Thread!

Still holding out until Wednesday (13 DPIUI) to test. Amazingly I have very few prometrium symptoms (unlike the last 2 times endometrin then prometrium). My boobs really aren't sore at all, my nipples also don't hurt at all. I have occasional cramping, but not consistant and bothersome like before, of course as I type this it is acting up. I only feel slightly bloated, and my face is not nearly as broken out as was last time. I'm not sure if I'm just accustomed to the higher progesterone now or if it has to do with the wheatgrass shots evening things out... I don't really even feel like testing because I really don't feel like there is any way it could be positive, I for the most part literally feel nothing. Anyway, my beta is scheduled for Thursday but I have to work all day, so I will test with FMU on Wednesday, that way when I go to my Chiropractor I know if I can have the stimulation or not... Oh also, I had my visit with the RE on Thursday, he is going to try me on 2 cycles with Femara before going to injectables, he talked to me all about IVF (even though I told him we won't do it), it was informative, but I'm not interested.

RCR- I hope you get good test results! Yay for being done the BCPs!

Brichole- Glad you're waiting, you never know O could've been a little late, there is still hope, no spotting is a good sign!

shesaidboom- I'm sorry family caused stress for you, it is so hard to stay cool calm and collected with the remenents of hormone drugs in your system too, I'm glad you got you little cry and hopefully now it is gone away til next year. I hope you had nice Holidays aside from that event.

chica- good thing you aren't on clomid- not only would your pregnant friend and her hubby made your blood boil, but the emotional outburst caused by the clomid crazies may have ended your friendship for good! God bless you for not strangling one of them right there! I can commiserate with your other points too, we put our pictures cards on our tree, and looking at it shows all the little baby eyes staring back at me, sigh... I hope your friend is right, it would be great to have someone to share your pregnancy with, come on O!

Welcome gtree- Good luck with the Clomid! This is my last cycle on it (#3)- hopefully resulting in a BFP... but if not I'm switching drugs.

#18 ·
RCR- That's pretty much what we did. We did eat out twice on Christmas eve- lunch at the Thai restaurant and dinner at the Indian restaurant.

#19 ·
That's pretty close to Jewish Christmas (Chinese food and a movie). LOL.

#20 ·
Hi ladies!

Shesaidboom, oh my gosh, what an awful time. I'm so sorry. I totally get where you're coming from. I always felt like it was a "race" too but it's so difficult to not feel that way. I really hope that you get your BFP soon so you don't get stressed. Additionally, hopefully your 2 soon to be engaged step cousins will want to wait before trying so you'll have a great head start on them anyway!

Chica, ARGH, I would be so annoyed with that friend's husband. Why are some people so egocentric and so darn selfish? I hate that. As for OPKs, by the way, if you get the really cheapo tests, I suggest you test twice a day. I used to do that because it's easy to miss the surge. I used to test once in the morning and then once around 2-3pm. If you go on amazon, they have tests that are so cheap and I find them to be very effective.

Monkey, how are you doing? I know it's completely normal to spot, especially at the point you are but it's still scary. I'm hopeful that everything is ok now. I had some spotting early on and in fact, just had some spotting a week and a half ago so I totally know how you're feeling!

RCR good luck at your suppression check!! I hope that everything goes well. I'm sure things will go fine.

Brichole, I REALLY HOPE THAT YOUR INITIAL TESTS WERE WRONG! :eek:) Hopefully, we're going to get a BFP announcement soon...

Skeemama, I really hope that you get your BFP this month!

Cbaa, I hear a lot of people don't have symptoms this early on so i'm really hoping for you! Let us know how things go on Wednesday. We need more BFPs...

Gtree, welcome! As for the US card...umm wow, I find it so amazing that some people can be so brave about stuff! I am still worried every day about holding on to my pregnancy. I was stressed announcing it at the end of 12 weeks! Oh well.

Ok, hope all is going well... Big hugs, everyone!

#21 ·
Hi - I just wanted to say how much I understand how the holidays make you feel and to add my own grublings.

Holiday cards - my best friend sent me a holiday card signed by her unborn baby. She knew that we shared a due date...her heart may have been in the right place but her brain wasn't.

Opening gifts this year was challenging. DH's cousin loudly complained that her children where being spoiled by too many gifts and that there better be more babies in the family soon because it was rediculous how many gifts they where getting from everyone. She said this several times. We where the only child bearing aged married couple in the room. Gee. No. Pressure. After the 6th time she said it I managed to say nothing but inside my head I wanted to yell "alright! we get it! We dont have any news -so just be greatfull for the gifts!"

This is on the heels of my mother in-in-law complaining that shes the only sibling without impending grandchildren. ugg. Happy holidays!

#23 ·
Soooo far behind there's no way I can catch everything, but I'll try to at least respond to some of you!

shesaidboom - That sucks so much about the infection! I didn't even think of that as a possible cause of all your pain. I hope it's cleared up now and you are feeling better! I'm sorry the holidays have been rough. I really just want to fly to Canada and give you a huge hug!
hug.gif

cbaa - Fingers crossed that tomorrow brings you a happy surprise! I didn't really feel anything when I got pregnant, either, though I definitely feel it now.
orngtongue.gif
If this isn't your cycle, though, I know Femara succeeds a lot of times where Clomid fails, and for me, Femara was a symptom-free experience, so hopefully if you need it, you'll find it much more tolerable. But I hope you and brichole can be in a DDC together!

brichole - It ain't over till AF shows up, so hoping you got your Christmas wish a little late! Sorry it put a cloud over your holiday, but glad you were still able to enjoy your girls!

To all the new people: Welcome! There seem to be more new faces than I can keep up with these days! May your stay be short!

To everyone who prayed for my spotting - thank you so much. It means a lot to me to have extra people pulling for me, and dh is the only other person I told.

AFM, the spotting seems to have stopped for now. There were probably 4 or 5 days of browning spotting, with one day of some red spotting in the middle. But that was right after we DTD, so I'm really thinking it just irritated my cervix. We DTD last night again, and so far no spotting, so I'm hopeful that's a good sign. I'm pretty much resigned at this point that whatever I first put in my stomach in the morning is going to come back up. This morning it got to be water and blood, since I woke up with a bloody nose. Yay. Because I needed that.
orngtongue.gif
Usually I feel better after my morning vomit, but yesterday I managed to keep feeling bad for most of the day. But I think it is getting more manageable. Of course, there's always the fear lingering in the back of my mind that this pregnancy is doomed, that the baby has already stopped growing, and I'm enduring all this for nothing. I try to push that out of my mind as much as possible, and just hope for the best. It's not like anything could be done to change whatever is or has happened. We've got a birth center tour set up for today, and another on Friday, and hopefully one more in between, so I'm hopeful to have a care provider selected by next week so I can start getting some professional reassurance!

I think about and pray for you guys often, even if I don't pop up much any more. I read some on my phone, but for some reason that seems to make my nausea worse, so I don't do that as much, either. If I don't get back here before then, hope everyone has a wonderful new year!!

#24 ·
Monkey: I wish you luck in finding a provider :) I know having that reassurance will help!

Seken: Big hugs...i understand the pressure being put on by others! It's no fun at all!!!

AMF: AF still isn't here and I still don't think I'm pregnant...but at least my lp is getting longer! Lol the crazy thing is if I didn't know any better I would have sworn I oed Christmas day! I had TONS on ewcm and my sex drive was going strong!!! I guess we will see if maybe I Oed a lot later than I thought or if I oed twice this month! Only time will tell!! At least I do know that I still have one more cycle to try!!!

#25 ·
Brichole - I forgot you were VBA2C. I doubt you would find a midwife in AL to take you on. They are flirting with the law anyway, so probably wouldn't bother. I know that the woman in ********** wouldn't even do twins. Thanks for the g/l. My suppression check is tomorrow. Glad AF hasn't showed up yet!

Shena - sorry about the xmas present opening. How strange of her to keep saying that. Sounds exactly like something my sister would have said. And the unborn baby holiday card, ugh.

Monkey - so glad the spotting stopped. I think that the fact that you have bad m/s is a good sign, right. I stopped having m/s before a m/c.

#26 ·
I'm pretty sure I'm out... Ugh...i had my tell tale cd12 insomnia/hot flashes last a headache today, those are always my signs... I'll POAS in three morning to confirm before stopping my progesterone.. I just feel numb & in disbelief, how is this still happening..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.