~~INFERTILITY ONE THREAD FEBRUARY 2012~~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 299 Old 02-09-2012, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Smiles - hug2.gif so sorry to hear that AF decided to show her unwelcome face to you... I'm sure Sila would have been happy to get it in your place! Regarding your bloodwork, I'd think day 2 would be better than day 5. I hope you can get an appointment for tomorrow. If not I know that here we have some private labs that can do that sort of thing and they often have more flexible hours and more convenient locations, that's what I use sometimes and my insurance reimburses everything.

Gozal - what's the news??? I've been stalking you and saw that your temp didn't go down today, which seems like a good sign. I know AF was due today, did she show up?

teresa - I've always heard that quality is better than quantity so you shouldn't worry too much about having only 1 follie! Good luck with the trigger & IUIs.

shesaidboom - wow your brother sounds like a pain in the butt. Can you kick him out? Or at least confine him to certain areas of the house? haha. I've heard of plenty of people getting pregnant when they were sick, hopefully it doesn't hurt your chances.

In my experience grown-up siblings living together is usually a recipe for disaster. Me and my sister were roommates for a couple of years and we fought like crazy. Now we live on different continents (she's doing a Master's degree in Belgium) and I miss her so much! Absence really does make the heart grow fonder hehe.

AFM - Well last night I managed to get in an emergency acupuncture session in hopes that it would help with my progesterone symptoms. I think it worked! I managed to make it through my entire evaluation today without crying once, which is surprising because we talked a lot about my TTC issues and how hard things were for me on some days, which are usually topics that will bring on some waterworks. Anyways my boss was very supportive and said he is going to try to help me as much as possible when I'm having medication-induced crazy days, and he said he really appreciated me being so open about everything. And he's giving me an overall score of satisfactory, which means my work hasn't been as horrible as I thought. Yay!

Also! I haven't started spotting yet! And today is 13dpo! If I can make it to the end of the day with no spotting it will officially be a new record, which is super exciting for me!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#122 of 299 Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just popping in to say that I'm lurking. I don't have much to report for myself... still struggling with the loss. Think I ovulated last week, although my temps have been all over the place and I'm not sleeping well. One and a half weeks until my appointment with the RE.

Hugs to all who are in need of them.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#123 of 299 Old 02-09-2012, 02:51 PM

Sourire: I actually know what an actuary is, believe it or not! It is one of those under-the-radar jobs. You calculate risk! Your coolness quotient just shot up in my book! :-)

monkey and teresa: If you use the applicator, do you just......shoot it in there?? I don't even know what to ask, LOL

teresa: Hoping your follie is the one! Hoping your lining cooperates too.

shesaidboom: Ugh. I hate grown ass adults who act like children. I have a relative like that too. I'm sorry he's stressing you out. I have seen several examples of women getting BFPs while sick. I think the only danger is if you spike a high fever after implantation? I think?

gozal: What's going on with ya??

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#124 of 299 Old 02-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sourire: I know what an actuary is too! Only because my hubby has been in loss control/risk management since finishing his undergrad. He is in grad school now for Insurance Management because he wants to do risk management. That is my extent of insurange knowledge though! I am glad your emergency acupuncture got you back to your happy self. I am excited for your lack of spotting!!! Can't wait for your BFP!!

Gemmine- I use the applicator! I usually use 1-2ml, mostly closer to 1 because DH always says it get so slippery he can't 'feel' anything. It kind of goes in just like tampon would... I try and get it up high so its close to my cervix and I think they say wait 20-30 minutes to let it distribute before intercourse. Yay for pre-seed. Sorry if any of that is TMI.

Shesaidboom- oh my gosh how obnoxious. I keep getting stuck around my sister/niece when they are sick... people just don't understand how important it is to stay healthy.  I know there are plenty of BFP stories after having colds/fevers. I think it matters more before O or after implantation. I hope you are feeling better soon, how crummy.

Gozzzzzzal- where areeeee you?

Teresa- My IUI was today so we are only a day or 2 apart! I only had 1 good follicle too, 16mm. I had a ton of little ones too though, not sure why. I think a 17 when you are doing a trigger is pretty darn good. Hope all goes well tomorrow, go swimmers go!

smiles grouphug.gif Hopefully this is her last showing for 9 more months. I went on CD2 for my bloodwork so I would say it is fine. Did you talk to your doctor to find out what you should do?

tickletoes- we are here when you are ready, I hope you are treating yourself kindly. Thanks for checking in.

AFM: IUI this morning saaaaacked. I kept thinking of you shesaidboom because it has always gone so smoothly and today was just.not.good. My cervix would not cooperate. She kept trying to reposition the speculum, which included some kind of poking at my cervix to try and get it to line up right, the pain just kept getting worse. Anyway, I survived, the actual IUI hurt too. Now I have cramps and I'm pretty sure I ovulated around 4pm. Oh the life and trials of an IFer. Good news was, DHs sample was superb, best it has ever been by far. Probably because we abstained last night and honestly I'm not BDing tonight, I'm crampy and my back hurts and my vajayjay was asaulted today.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#125 of 299 Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM

1. You guys ROCK. Seriously.

2. No AF for me today! Beta tomorrow, hopefully. 

3. I had no computer time today...I'm sorry I couldn't update until just now!

4. I am about to fall asleep on my laptop but I'm sending out lots of love to you all and will write personals tomorrow, promise!

5. When I have too much to say I have a tendency to make numbered lists... :)

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#126 of 299 Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

gozal - So, so excited to see that temp up today again! Hope you have a little more computer time tomorrow to share the good news!!

cbaa - I guess your cervix started getting ideas from shesaidboom's cervix? These are not the ideas we want spreading! winky.gif Anyway, I hope your lady bits get feeling better soon, and that your TWW flies by!

Gemmine - Mostly what cbaa said about the PreSeed. My husband also liked it inside - as an outside thing, he said it was too watery and went away too fast. I also used about 1-2 mL with the applicator. I basically put it in like a tampon. I thought you were only supposed to wait 10-15 minutes, but you can see what the instructions say. In any case, I think as a fertility aid, it's much more useful if you get it up by the cervix, to mimic the cervical fluid it helps to replace/boost.

Sourire - Yay for no spotting! I hope it keeps it up! So hoping and praying for good news Saturday!

shesaidboom - Grr about your brother! And about being sick. greensad.gif I'm glad your Diva is working out for you. TMI alert: I learned to use mine after only a few years of using tampons (I was never successful with that until college), and as a virgin. I really think I had no hymen left due to that learning experience! I honestly am a little surprised that I stuck it out for so long to figure the darn thing out. Leaking wasn't ever too much of a problem (if I emptied it often enough), but I've honestly never been successful in not getting some spotting just from leftover blood. I decided to wear old underwear and get on with my life. But the Diva has been great with my super irregular cycles, and lots of prolonged non-period spotting/bleeding. But I hope you don't need yours soon!

I feel like I missed some other comment directed at me. If so, I am sorry!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014 it's a
#127 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 04:32 AM

CBAA - Sorry about the assault!  I know what that feels like, not from IUI but from a colposcopie which like a few of you I have had too, followed by laser treatment where I could smell my cervix burning, nice.  Anyways, hopefully it will be worth it! smile.gif

Sourire - Your boss sounds amazing!  And yeah to no spotting!  Fingers crossed for you and Gozal.

Tickletoes - Hugs to you too.

Sila - Any sign of AF?

Shesaidboom - I hope you don't get sick but if you do I don't think it will affect your eggie.

Teresa - I hope your IUI went well and was painless!

So I have decided to go for the day 3 blood work today, I talked to dh about it last night and I thought that he would tell me that I should wait until next cycle but he didn't he thought I should go today so I shall.  I left a message with my doc so unless she gets back to me and tells me otherwise I'll do it later today.  I live in a small place so there's no where else that I could go to do it but the up side is that I don't need an apt here, just walk right in.

#128 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 05:33 AM

Sourire - Yay for a good review!  Especially dealing with TTC, this is great that work doesn't have to be that much more of a stressor.  I also know what an actuary is, I am not one, but am in the business wink1.gif

Tickletoes - I am so sorry for your third loss.  I checked out your blog, I can feel your pain in your writing greensad.gif  Hang in there.  Big big hugs to you, here's to hoping that the RE will be so much better than your non listening OBGYN.  hug2.gif

CBAA - Ugh on the IUI, but here's to hoping that it's your BFP!!

Gozal - good luck on your beta today!!

For those of you that did tell your boss, when did you tell them?  When I went through primary IF I let her know right about the time that the IVF process started.  She wasn't great about it.  I now have a different (and much better) boss, but I've only been reporting to her for about 3 1/2 months, and we're still learning each other (I'm a manager, she's a director).  I'm nervous about telling her, especially since my meltdown from primary IF was a little too public.  (DH and I split temporarily and everyone at work knew it).  Thanks!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#129 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 07:00 AM

Gemmine - haha I find it very funny that you think actuaries are cool! What do you do?

cbaa - boo for a painful IUI. Strange coincidence that you and shesaidboom both had late-blooming follies and painful IUIs... maybe the two are connected somehow?

gozal - so excited for your beta today! What time is it at?

smiles - hooray for not wasting a cycle! Is the bloodwork in order to start a new treatment cycle right away or is it for diagnostic purposes?

hope4light - I told my boss and some coworkers about IF as soon as I started having medication side effects that affected my performance and behaviour at work. I figured that it was to my advantage for people to realise that I wasn't being unproductive and/or grumpy on purpose, but that it was being caused by side effects of my medication. That was last summer and I haven't regretted it since... I find that I really can get away with a lot more now that people know, which helps me feel less stressed out about all these side effects.

AFM - 14 DPO and I still have no spotting that shows up on the outside (aka in my underwear or when I wipe)... but things aren't looking so good. Normally I have to clean out the Crinone gunk every 2-3 days because otherwise it just piles up until I can't fit anymore in there... anyways last night I did my usual cleanup and everything that came out was brown. It's white when it goes in and up to last Tuesday everything I cleaned out was white as well. Brown means that I'm spotting and the Crinone is absorbing it which is why I don't see it on the outside. So it looks like I started spotting on either 12dpo or 13dpo. mecry.gif I'm so disappointed, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a BFN tomorrow.

#130 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 07:15 AM

Gozal - I'm thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts.  Fingers crossed!

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#131 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 07:24 AM

cbaa: Not TMI at all, that all helps. Unfortunately it's looking like I'll only be able to use it on O day. It has been delivered, but we're in a new place and have to print our lease out and take it to the post office for our mailbox key. Post office closes at 5, so we can't get it until Saturday! irked.gif

Sorry to hear about the ouchy IUI! Good news about his sample though! Go follie go! Do you guys normally BD right before an IUI and just abstained this time?

Gozal: biggrinbounce.gifBeta today??? Keep us posted! *quiet squeal*

Smiles: Keep us posted on the bloodwork!

Sourire: I'm an academic advisor for a cool major at a university :-)

I'm sorry to hear about your spotting :-( but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

It's a girl! love.gif

#132 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 08:07 AM

1. I'm alive. But not fully functioning. I've been absent for 2 days (browsed over posts but I'll go back). No really, I've been gone for 2 daysIt ended up being a very long birth. Such a strong momma.

2. **** no AF or ANY sign of her.

3. I'll call the RE. Perhaps I don't respond to Provera? Thoughts? I suppose this would give us more insight on what my "problem" is.

4. Gozal!!! Crossing fingers and thinking of you! 

5. Severely sleep deprived. Today is about recovery. HaHa with my toddler who hasn't had mommy time in a few days and is doing that "maybe all the rules have changed or maybe you forgot" game yeah right...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#133 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

hope4light - thanks for the understanding. My brother can be a real ass.
I brought it up after I started taking meds because I was getting horrible side effects. It actually wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be and everyone was really understanding.

sourire - I wish I could kick him out! The problem is that dp and I are house sitting for my parents who went off on an around the world cruise. When we made the plans my brother lived with his ex, but they broke up with he moved back home. I can't leave because they do not trust my brother to take care of the house, and since it's not my house I don't get to kick him out. He's supposed to be interviewing for a job in San Francisco, which would get him out of here, but he's messing that up for himself because he got a sinus infection and instead of focusing on getting better he made some really poor choices and made himself even worse, so he's had to put it off again and I think they're just going to think he's not serious about it. Him and I have a long history of not getting along, so living together is definitely a recipe for disaster. I think I could take him in really small doses, like when he lived with the ex and I saw him once a month.
Thanks for the assurance that it is possible to get pregnant while being sick. I have been so upset over this and terrified that this month with our amazing numbers and painful procedures was going to be ruined.
I'm glad your acupuncture session helped! Also, hurray for the supportive boss. I'm glad that he's being understanding. This is such a hard process to begin with, it would be even worse with a not so understanding boss on your ass.
I'm so sorry about the spotting. I'm still crossing my fingers for you. Big hugs!

tickletoes - big hugs to you. I'm thinking good thoughts for your appointment.

gemmine - oh, me too. I cannot stand how much he acts like a 15 year old. He expects me to mother him, but he's the older sibling!
Thanks for the assurance. I'm glad that women can still get BFPs while sick. I have spiked a high fever (the highest I've had since before high school), but I doubt implantation would have happened yet, so hopefully it'll drop by then. I've been doing everything I can to relax and try to get better.

cbaa - I'm sorry your IUI was sacked, and I'm sorry you had to go through so much pain. After experiencing that I would not wish it upon anyone. It's awful how this whole process sucks so much and then the procedure has to be painful too! I'm glad Dh's sample was good, so hopefully teh one IUI will have worked! I hope you feel better and in less pain soon.
Thanks for the well wishes. It sounds like I'm in the place where a fever doesn't matter as much, so hopefully it'll be gone by the time implantation can happen. I've been telling him since the day he was sick how important it is for me to not catch it, but he's just selfish. He sticks his hands in his mouth and then doesn't wash them before touching everything. I've been cleaning like crazy, but I still managed to catch it. Dp hasn't, so he's staying at his parents until we're better, which sucks because tomorrow is my birthday.

gozal - No AF!!! No AF!!! I am literally dancing in my seat. That's all I will say until we get your beta results :)

monkey - I hope so too, but I had to make the switch. I just can't deal with disposables anymore. I can understand sticking it out just because it is so much more convenient. I was determined to get mine to work out, even after I had the worst cramps of my life the first time using it.

smilesarefree - I'm so greatful for the assurances that being sick won't ruin our chances! Thank you.
I'm glad you can still get your bloodwork in. Keep us updated!

AFM, I'm feeling really awful. I'm hoping this sick goes away soon. Progesterone symptoms on top of sick is really not fun. Dp hasn't caught it so he's staying with his parents until it's gone, which sucks because tomorrow is my birthday. I don't want him to get sick either, so I understand. 8 more days until I can test. 11 more days until my beta (they booked it for after a long weekend). Not enjoying the waiting process, especially since a lot of my distractions involved going out and now that's off the table until I'm better.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#134 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 AM

Do you have access to Udi's or Kinickinick (not sure I'm spelling it right) products there? These are companies with gf, df pizza crusts. You can also use Daiya or another cheese sub on the pizza. You can live DF and GF and still have pizza! I've told you a bunch of times to ask me for tips. I have been living gf, df and soy free for well over a year now. I had been df and sf before that (and then lived in denial and got really sick).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

Welcome fierrbug & hope4light- I hope your continued journies bring you success more quickly than you expect and that we can be here to support and advise you as much as you need!

Gemmine- Looks like we are getting back on the same page with O time. Yay for pre-seed. Is this your first time using it or are your re-stocking? Hope the SA results come back soon. It is weird they take so long the first time, since with IUI the sample goes in an hour before your appt and they give you the results just before the IUI... strange, right? Big load off... hahaha, if it were, you shouldn't be worried about the results!

gozal- omg omg omg omg is it seriously 14dpo already ( i know, it flew by for me while dragging by for you! ) I'm excited about your temperature today (that sounds funny to say about someone else). I can't wait until tomorrow. What time zone are you, I need to know when I have to sneak online! Oh, I'm CD 14 today, I wish there was a rhyme or reason to any of this and better statistics for me to google!

Hope everyone is having a less stressful day at work today! Sounds like we all have those things in common, stressful jobs and/or crappy bosses. Hmm... coincidence that we all also have trouble TTC... another crappy thing I can blame my boss for.

sila, krunchyk-- anyone on metformin or NAC want to chime in... I'm having terrible stomach problems. I have had my share of digestive issues pre-TTC but mostly food related, this seems to be unstoppable since starting the NAC. If it is doing its job I don't want to stop taking it, but is this normal... I think DH is going to kick me out if I can't kick the stomach issues!

rcr- where are you at now in your cycle? I will have to go stalk the IVF thread too!

shesaidboom- I never had a stomach ache with the progesterone, though I agree with gozal my symptoms varied month to month. I hope is it early implantation 2whistle.gif

AFM- Estradiol 498, LH  43, Progesterone 0.5, Follicles 16, 14.6, 12.2- I again, am ovulating without trigger. So my itty bitty crappy lead follicle will be the only one with a chance... lucky me. Good thing I wasn't looking for a February conception anyway... Now just to deal with this stomach-ache and expect another month of gluten and dairy free living... I just want a dang pizza.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#135 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 AM

Sorry for lack of personals.  I'm thinking of all you especially Sourie & Smiles.

I need your thoughts and knowledge base.

Last week my beta was 189, today it's like 6,000!!!  What does that mean?  That puts my doubling at around 33 hours.  They want me to come in for an ultrasound on Monday.  I'm starting to freakout...please girls help me out.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#136 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 12:03 PM

Wissa - I'm no beta expert. But we're here for you! We're all hoping for the best! Do your best to relax :)

AFM - RE said it can take up 14 days sometimes. So I'll back after a few more days if AF still hasn't shown and we'll go from there. 

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#137 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 12:31 PM

Wissa - I also am no beta expert, I have read however that doubling every 31-72 hours in early pregnancy is normal.  I don't suppose there is anyway to get an ultrasound done earlier so you don't have to worry all weekend?  And thanks for thinking about me but I'm okay, I've learned to treat the day af comes like any other day, I just take a deep breath, swallow hard and move on, it's the only way I manage to keep doing this.  Sending you happy thoughts.

Sila - I'll do the af dance for you when I get home, similar to a rain dance just weirder.

#138 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 12:37 PM

Sila - Smiles - Thanks for the reassurances.  I know the levels are not completely off the charts, but I wasn't expecting such high numbers.  I think it bothers me more that they moved my ultrasound up to Monday from Friday like they think something is up.

You are both right and I must try not to stress. 

#139 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Wissa, I really don't think there's anything wrong with those numbers...I think doubling time is ideally on the low end at the beginning (that is, less than 48 hours to double), so 33 hours doubling time is great! You were 14dpo for your first beta, right? How about this one? They probably just moved you up because of dating stuff, since you're over the threshold of visibility. Step away from the computer and resist the urge to google (talk about the pot calling the kettle black - I am the world's worst follower of THAT advice!). Sending lots of good thoughts your way.

Sila, that is absolutely fascinating about birth hormones. Why is AF not understanding how fascinating and wonderful it is and coming already? I'm so sorry for your extended wait.

shesaidboom, I take OTC drugs really sparingly but I did take Tylenol on my RE's advice the one time I had a fever while ttc. I think you have nothign to worry about! Feel better soon. Also - what is wrong with people, namely your BIL? Ugh. Can you (or maybe DP) set some ground rules? No strange visitors, we do not feel safe/comfortable staying here with that going on?

Gemmine, I didn't realize you were in academia also! I'm in one of those interesting departments...probably not employable though. It's a side effect, I fear!

Sourire, I'm mad at Crinone for playing mind games with you. I am totally not speaking to Crinone right now. I am still stubbornly hoping that the spotting is not worrisome since it might not have started till 13dpo anyway. Also - yay for an understanding boss and workplace! 

hope4light, you are one strong lady!

Smiles, definitely a good decision to go on cd2. The policy at my clinic is anytime cd2-4 for baseline, so if cd1 is on Thurs., I go on Fri, cd2.

cbaa, Yowch!! I am not sure if I should stop speaking to your cervix for being uncooperative or your doctor for being so...yanky. I hope your little wonder egg is dividing beautifully at this point!

tickletoes, I'm just so sorry and sending plenty of healing thoughts over to you.

teresa, how did the IUI go?!

rcr, no worries, I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you. :)

Now I am going to tell you the story of my day (in list form, natch):

1. Wake up, resist urge to temp, rush up and out to get to RE's.

2. Somehow I'm not on the schedule, my nurse is surprised to see me, seems somewhat surprised/doubtful. She promises to call between 2 and 4.

3. I, in turn, am surprised/doubtful that she is surprised/doubtful. (Am I overthinking it? Yeah probably.)

4. While driving home, I hatch a plan to POAS to be prepared because I do not want to fall apart in front of DS who will be home from preschool when I get The Call.

5. Drop him off at preschool, come home, hold it. Hold it some more.

6. POAS. I choose a digi because intrepretation is gonna kill me. The flippin' clock icon blinks for a long time. Decide to get a strip test out too because we all know I'm going to dip the strip regardless, just to be sure. 

7. While I am fiddling with the strip, it comes up...YES+ 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Then the Amazon cheapie comes up half as dark...no, nearly as dark as the control line.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Call DH, wait by phone.

10. At 3:30 it's my RE...hCG 945 and p4 "greater than 40"...excellent numbers, she says.

Still in shock over here! As ever, thanks for all the love you have sent my way during my wait. Gemmine, I almost did ship you a sample. ;) I have a beta on Mon. and hopefully one on Wed.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#140 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 02:06 PM

Gozal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm doing my half cry/half laugh thing I do when I'm overcome with emotion.  Just incredible!! 

#141 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Gozal - woohoo!!!!!!!! I have to confess I've been stalking your chart all day and I was kind of going nuts when you didn't update your temp this morning! You numbers sound awesome! I loved the step by step account of your day, it made me feel like I was right there living the excitement along with you!!!!!

hope4light - I checked out your blog during my lunch break today. Quite the journey! I love what you said about how your DH got to experience what it was like to be a woman when he was on Clomid. I think that kind of experience should be mandatory for every guy haha. DH just doesn't get it when I say stuff to him like "I'm mad at you because I have my period!!!!"

#142 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 PM

GOZAL!!!! joy.gif

WE CALLED IT! WE ALL CALLED IT! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

It's a girl! love.gif

#143 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
YES!!!
Yy
(And Wissa, there are a few possible explanations. One is definitely twins, shorter doubling is normal in that case!)

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014 it's a
#144 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 03:12 PM

GOZAL!!! joy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifI knew it!!! Way to make me scroll through your post to find the good stuff! So happy to see those beautiful numbers too!

#145 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Congrats, Gozal! joy.gifjoy.gif

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#146 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 PM

Gozal , OMG OMG OMG!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#147 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 04:14 PM

YEAH GOZAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited/happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!joy.gif

#148 of 299 Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM

Congrats Gozal! I'm so very happy for you.

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#149 of 299 Old 02-11-2012, 02:21 AM

YAH GOZAL!!!!!

jumpers.gif

I'm over the moon for you! FINALLY!!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#150 of 299 Old 02-11-2012, 04:12 AM

shesaidboom - I'm sorry your brother is behaving so child like.  I wish there was something I could tell you that would help with his attitude, but he just sounds very immature.  I know we put so much into TTC...time, money, emotion. Then to have someone, who should be understanding just totally dismiss that is I'm sure very frustrating.  I hope you sickness doesn't last long and doesn't have any impact on this cycle. 

teresaresa -  How did you IUIs go this time? 

Sourire - Boo for brown spotting.  I had that and every time I saw it I just knew that meant a failed cycle.  I hope this time that's not it what means for you!  I'm also glad your boss was understanding that really is something!

cbaa -  I meant to tell you this days ago.  Please, don't beat yourself up for taking the "quick way out".  I think everyone suffering for IF wants to take the quick way out.  You never know if something is going to work until you try.  There are not guarantees in IF and it takes a lot of courage to undergo infertility treatments.  I think all of us would prefer to be able to get our babies the old fashioned way or at least in a more natural way.  I know you have some religious concerns about fertility treatments, but I don't think anything you've done so far has gone against your faith.  Hang in there.  I just know something is going to work for you and I think if you end up going to NaPro they will be able to help you.  Having faith in God doesn't mean you can't take advantage of some the medicine/technology he has given us.

Monkey - Ummm.  Take that back about twins. ;)  Actually, I did google obess about HCG numbers even though Gozal warned me not too.  From what I've seen I'd say Gozal's one HCG number looks more like twins than mine!  So, Gozal I can't wait to see what your numbers are next week!

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page