TTC since 06, Sonohysterogram coming up and preparing for first IVF cycle - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone, I am new to this so bear with me :) DH and I have been TTC for quite some time now, feels like forever!! Though I often read posts and threads that other woman who are battling infertility as I am write, always looking for helpful advise and always looking for those success stories, this is my first time joining a thread. I was diagnosed with having high levels of prolactine two years ago but had none of the symptoms that went along with it, and one blocked tube, but everything else with myself and my husband seemed ok, so ended with a diagnosis of unexplained infertility. Went through a few cycles of clomid, and follistim, and one unsuccessful IUI BFN! Now moving on to IVF. Though I have support from my family while going through this battle, I feel that none of them truly understands what it is like to be a woman and feel denied in a sense your right of motherhood!  I am just hoping to connect with other ladies out there that truly understand what my DH and I are going through and be able offer support and advise to each other during this journey.

#2 of 5 Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 PM

Hi KandJ, definitely check out the Winter IVF thread.  It's okay to pop in and join at any time.  We were lucky enough to get pregnant with our last transfer, but I spent many seasons going through the process on the IVF threads, and "met" a ton of great woman! (that I still cheer on)

Good luck and keep us all posted, we are all here to support you :)

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#3 of 5 Old 01-31-2012, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks belly bean and congratulations!!! Love to hear the success stories it keeps me motivated, I will definitly check out the other thread! How many cycles of IVF did you go through before getting your BFP may I ask?

#4 of 5 Old 01-31-2012, 02:50 PM

We did one fresh cycle in 2009 that was successful giving us our DD.  Then we did 4 frozen transfers (+1 cancelled) this past year before getting our BFP with twins!  After the first 3 FETs, we changed RE's/clinics and he had a much more agressive and in depth plan for our frozen transfer that definitely worked :)  I always tell people if you are looking at expanding the family in the future, be sure to look at clinics frozen transfer success rates too, it's just as heartbreaking to go through the whole infertility process again when you *know* it can work.

Good luck and please do join us on the other thread!!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#5 of 5 Old 01-31-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

It is reassuring to hear your success after one transfer, I don't want to get my hopes up but I am trying to be as positive about this as possible! They will only transfer 2 embryos per cycle, we have discussed freezing the rest for future use just incase but I will definitly check out the success rates for frozen transfers as well with my clinic, with the fresh embryos he gave me a 50/50 chance so fingers crossed.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page