~~Infertility ONE Thread March 2012~~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Crisis averted!!!!

The biologist who did my sperm wash called me and gave me this super technical explanation for the numbers on my report. I didn't understand a single word. I wish DH had been around when she called cause he has a degree in microbiology so it might have made sense to him! But since I have a degree in mathematics, the part I did understand was that their method of calculating the total motile sperm after the wash is mathematically incorrect. Something about them calculating the numbers after the wash and then diluting the sample so that the final calculation of total motile sperm isn't actually correct. She said that I can believe the numbers for the motility and concentration, but that the total motile sperm was probably somewhat lower than in the report. PHEW!!!! Also DH warned me when I originally started panicking about this that there was probably an explanation of this type, since he's had similar experiences when he was doing stuff in the lab in university. I guess I should have listened to him!

The biologist seemed pretty annoyed that they have to use a mathematically incorrect method of calculation (and she agreed that she would have been worried too if she were in my shoes!) but she said that they tried using the correct method a few years back and they got a ton of complaints because all the other fertility clinics in town use the wrong way and people could no longer compare their results between clinics.

Now that I'm not panicking anymore, I can respond to the rest of you!

lilac - Welcome! That sounds like a pretty discouraging diagnosis your DH got. Hang in there... hopefully they can find a way for you to conceive with your DH's sperm. I've read about operations to extract the sperm directly from the testicles and then doing IVF with ICSI and such. What would you like me to put for your blurb?

mexilady - I noticed that you're not on the roster yet either! Would you like me to add a blurb for you?

deborah - you're in my thoughts. Let us know how it goes.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Gem - Hi friend! Miss you! Glad you are feeling sick? That sounds terrible. What I mean is I'm glad you're preggos! Have you seen/heard a little heart beat yet? I have a heck of a time stalking you know. Not posting does that I suppose. Thanks for rooting for me!

Shesaidboom - Hi I'm Sila and I'm in recovery from anorexia, bulimia, and compulsive over-eating. I've put SO much work into getting to where I am now. In June I'll be celebrating 4 years abstinence from binging and purging! Quite proud of that. I'm by no means "cured" we never are. Even this last week with all the stress between me and DH, the RE appt - It has affected my food. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. I really messed myself up too. Sometimes I even blame myself thinking I somehow created my IF due to my eating disorder (because PCOS generally starts somewhere around puberty ect...). Please be brave and be honest with your psychiatrist. Now, as an ex-personal trainer, I HATE that doctors are still going by BMI. Anyone in the fitness industry will tell you this is inaccurate. I mean, by it's standards, Arnold Schwarzenegger at his best would have been considered obese and overweight! Body Fat percentage is what should be used. Losing weight is very simple. It's simply calories in calories out. Eat less move more. Of course eating healthy nutrient dense foods is the way to go. Count your calories and figure out how many you are consuming in a day. You can also calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (google it) and find out how many calories your body requires to just maintain it's self (how many kcals you need to just sleep, breathe, all your bodily functions). From there we can establish how many calories you should be consuming per day to lose weight! Please do not lose weight by dieting alone. You won't be losing fat and if you gain the weight back you will gain it back fatter. Did you know the clinic had BMI requirement before? Or did they just tell you this when you asked about IVF? Anyways, I'm rooting for you! You ARE doing this!

Ok, I got through 2 personals while eating dinner. I'll be back tonight for the rest!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Old 03-23-2012, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

Deborah, sorry to hear of your loss of your identical twin boys.  So sad.

I would like to join this board.  This morning my DH and I got the news that in his sperm analysis there were no sperm - azoospermia.  We have been TTC for almost a year.  I found out I was hypothyroid back in October and had been working to get that regulated, thinking I was the problem in our lack of conception.  But no sperm - I had no idea that was even remotely going to be a problem for DH and me.  I am 35, DH is 40.  We have been TTC since April 2011.  Have an appointment with the urologist on April 27th.

From what I have read, none of the ladies currently on this board have issues with their male partners have azoospermia but please point me in the best direction, if there is one.

My husband has this condition. His is likely a combination of testicular cancer (lost a testicle) and a varicocoele on the remaining one, making it too hot to produce. Depending on what the urologist finds out, it could be something simple that can be fixed. Your best bet is to wait and see. I know if my husband had a better outcome for it, he would have gone on with the procedure that constricts the extra blood vessels allowing for the testis to cool down and start producing. However with his cancer and previous surgery, he wasn't a good candidate so we just went with a sperm donor. That's a bit costly but in the end it has worked out (so far!). Keep us posted.

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12
Old 03-23-2012, 08:26 PM

milk - no, IVF isn't covered by insurance or public healthcare here (I'm in Ontario, Canada). The BMI limit is set by my fertility clinic. My RE said it was because it was too hard to get the eggs if someone is too big, but that seems a little silly since they go through the inside to get them and they don't seem to have any problem locating my follicles on ultrasound. I might ask my dr about medication to help, but I really don't like the idea of it. I've tried PCOS diets, but none have worked for me so far.
I can't believe drs would tell you to toughen up and keep trying, that's awful!

hope4light - I'm not sure what exactly caused the eating disorder. I was an overweight, but very active and healthy, child and I really struggled with the bullying I received as a result. When I was 12 or so I started dieting and that continued for years. I would go through cycles of starving and then eating normally. It wasn't until I was in my early 20s that it really spiralled out of control though. I lost 85 pounds in about 5 months. Then out of nowhere I just started to gain weight and it wouldn't stop, and eventually I decided I would just eat whatever I wanted since I was gaining anyway and that made things worse. I'm convinced it was hormonal issues that caused me to gain because around that time my periods started messing up. It never really went away and I often feel myself getting close to being "sucked in" again. I'm definitely there now because I want to do IVF so badly. Thank you so much for your support and understanding, and for the prayers.

teresaresa - don't apologize, you weren't prying! I don't mind sharing at all. I think the BMI requirement is different everywhere because I've heard of clinics wanting a BMI of 35 (which is what mine wanted for IUI), and then I've seen youtube videos where women with BMIs of nearly 40 were going through IVF. I was actually surprised my clinic had this BMI of 30 limit because it was never mentioned to me before and we had talked about IVF several times. I agree with you completely that overall health should be taken into account. I am very healthy aside from the infertility. It's all very frustrating. I really wanted to get mad and storm out, but then of course I'll do anything to have a baby so I really have no choice. I've never heard of Dukan, but I would be very interested in reading more about it. Thank you so much for offering!
I'm glad your P4 was much better! The conversation with your mom also sounds like a good step. I'm hoping for good things for you!

Sourire - I'm so glad everything was cleared up! Phew!
The funny thing is I saw the fertility counselor and when we talked about the weight loss she was telling me how my RE specializes in PCOS and should have had a wealth of information for me on losing weight with it, yet my RE never shared any of it with me! I couldn't believe it. I agree with you about GPs not knowing much about nutrition. It's awful. Thanks for the support!

lilacvioletiris - Welcome. I'm so sorry for your struggles and I hope you are able to find help for your situation.

Deborah - I have been thinking about you all day today and am sending prayers.

silamarila - Thank you for being so open and sharing your history, and congratulations on celebrating 4 years! I have felt the exact same thing, that I messed up my fertility with my eating disorder because that's when everything went wrong. I hate the BMI measurement too. I studied Kinesiology in University and we did actual accurate measurements and they are so much time consuming an invasive than just calculating a simple BMI, which is why doctors rely on them way too much. I know the calories in vs. out thing, but for some reason something is going wrong in my body. I exercise daily, I eat healthy foods and count calories, and still I can only maintain weight. I know PCOS makes things a lot harder, but it still doesn't make sense. Every time I calculate things it says I should be eating between 1900 and 2300 calories a day (depending on the calculator I use), but even at 1200 I cannot drop a pound. I knew the clinic had a cut off of 35 before because that's what my RE told me before we did IUI, but they never mentioned the 30 cut off for IVF. It was a shock, to say the least. I saw the fertility counselor and was completely honest with her even though it was hard. It really made a difference.

AFM, I saw the fertility counselor yesterday and it was a hard but very positive experience. I had expected to talk about the stress of treatments and how awful waiting in the waiting room for monitoring is, but we mostly talked about other things. She had gone through fertility treatments herself and focused her career in this direction because she felt the emotional/psychological aspects of fertility treatments were being ignored. She is so easy to talk to and I was able to tell her things that I have never been able to say out loud before. I'm going back next Thursday. Dp and I also have a consult for IVF on April 11th, even though I have a ways to go before reaching the BMI requirements.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Old 03-23-2012, 09:55 PM

Shesaidboom - I also studied Kinesiology! ((virtual high five)) Sorry if my last post seemed elementary, I now know you understand some of these things. Yes, PCOS makes it a lot harder, but it isn't an excuse - I've seen a lot of women do it, including myself! 2 questions, you're sticking to a low GI diet right? Even fruit? And how long have you been at 1200 kcals? That could be the problem there. Glad the counselor went so well!!! I'm so sorry they didn't tell you about the requirement before hand. But maybe this is the motivation you needed?

Kparker - I didn't realize your pregnancy was with donor sperm! Even bigger congrats on your IUI success! Nice to "see" you and glad you little bean seems to be making itself at home.

Teresa - I'm back on track today! I had a major dermatitis flare up after just 3 days of going off my diet ugh! I'm 1 day in with a goal of at least 21 days and AF is on her way out. Now climb back on the wagon with me! Thanks for the ideas for discussion with DH. You won't be parenting alone. IF just changes things while you are going through it. I have to believe that. It's hard not to just think about the worst case scenario though. I think it's both. I think DH is very paranoid about the $$$ but also scared. I tried to ask him about his feelings and he just said something along the lines of not wanting our baby to be conceived in a test tube...I know this isn't the way either of us had wished to add to our family. We are doing a lot better these last few days. Strangely, he seems to be kind of excited about his test on Tues. I really hope the results boost his confidence a little and don't completely diminish his spirit. I hope your p4 numbers mean good things to come! I'm so happy to hear that you feel like like things are opening up. That is the best feeling!

Sourire - I know right? I was impressed with those stats. This Dr./clinic me took 3 months of waiting to even get my appt. Man, sorry about that wait. Maybe you'll get a miracle cheaper baby in the meantime! Either way you will have plenty of time to get used to the idea of IVF. No, no meds until after the testing. Then I may go in for a u/s on like cd14 to see if I even have any follicles doing anything in there. Then we'll decided what to do, something to make them grow and O later, or just start over with more Provera/progesterone after a while. Wow, I guess we both have pretty high sex drive. 3 times a week is good for me...

And wow about the sperm calculation method. Thanks for that lesson. I'll log that away when I encounter confusion on DH's numbers in the future. Otherwise the IUI went well??

Lilacvioletiris - Welcome! I'm sorry you have to be here, but you're with a good bunch of ladies! I remember you from some (lurking) ttc boards. Wow, what hard news about your DH's fertility. I hope the urologist will have some ideas for you. We're here for you whatever path you choose. I saw in your sig - congrats on baby step 1! Keep living like no one else so you can live like no one else! :)

toothfairycait - I miss you. You have been quiet the last few days. I hope you are just busy and that AF is headed on her way out...

AFM - I felt sad last night. I miss our baby. How can I miss someone that hasn't even been conceived yet? I don't know but that is how it feels sometimes. DH and I are doing better and he has been so encouraging since yesterday.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Old 03-24-2012, 10:06 AM

silamarila - awesome that we both studied Kin! Yep, low GI diet even fruit. The 1200 kcals is definitely a problem. I haven't been much more than that since I was 12 years old. I know I definitely messed up my metabolism that way. I've changed things up over the last several years when I knew better though. I've dropped it again recently though. I think this is definitely good motivation since it's not just for *me*, but I have to be careful not to get back into ED territory. Thank you for your support and all the knowledge you've shared.
I understand missing a baby that hasn't been conceived yet, I really do. It is such a hard thing. I'm glad you and DH are doing better.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Old 03-24-2012, 10:41 AM

Ladies, I popped back MDC to see how it makes me feel.  In doing so I realized I missed everyone. I think I'm ready to get my toes wet.

Deborah, I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. Sending light and love. K.

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

Old 03-24-2012, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Thank you for the welcome.

I would like my blurb to say: Lilacvioletiris (35, DX hypothyroid 10/11) and DH (40, initial diagnosis no sperm, azoospermia 3/23/12) TTC #1 since April 2012 Waiting to see the urologist for DH and figure out where to go from there

KrunchyK, nice to see you back (I remember you from the Bajingo Juice thread), Nice to see mexilady and tickletoes too 

It has been almost a year since I joined MDC.  So much has happened in this year and so little has changed.  I figured I would be ready to have a baby any day now, as I think back to my thoughts a year ago.  I still have hope that DH and I will have biological children together.  DH has the cutest curly headed baby pictures and I would love to have babies like that for him.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:54 PM

Shesaidboom - Hmm, so you haven't been on a low calorie diet for long or you have? Sorry, I got a little confused. If you have, that might be problem and I would recommend going back up in calories for a little while. If you haven't, then it might just take a while. Sorry friend. Keep us updated on your progress? What kind of exercise are you doing? Find something you truly enjoy :) Thanks for understanding my missing feelings.

Krunchy - Hi! I'm excited to see you back! Take it as slowly as you need to. I completely understand.

Lilac - Hugs. Same here. I joined the ttc threads last March (though we were ttc before that). I thought for sure I'd have a baby in my arms or at least in the womb by now. Your image of curly haired babies made me smile. I hope with the urologist/RE that you will be presented with some options to move forward in achieving your dream.

AFM - I forgot to say a nurse from the RE called yesterday and my testosterone and DHEAS were normal. So one less thing to "fix" yet, one more thing that says I'm "normal". Hope you are all having a good weekend. I had a nice 10k run today. I talked to the RE about my exercise I liked what he said :)

Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 PM

shesaidboom - I've never had an eating disorder nor have been significantly overweight, but I have battled PCOS.  Before trying to get pregnant with #2 I decided to lose my baby weight.  I cut calories and exercised, but nothing happened!  I mean not the first pound!!!  I got frustrated and quit.  Later when I couldn't get pregnant and the doctor mentioned PCOS I started studying PCOS and insulin Resistance.  While I didn't exactly test for IR I decided to act like that's what the problem was.  I started exercising again and went low carb/low glycemic index.  I cut back on as many "white foods" (potatoes, rice, white bread, sugar) as possible.  I didn't count the the first calorie.   Sure enough the weight just melted off.

PCOS is a metabolic disorder.  When you say you've cut calories and exercise, but still no weight loss.  I totally believe you.  I think with PCOS it's less about the calories and more about the kind of foods you eat!   If you body can't process sugar correctly, it's going to show up as extra lbs.    I also believe there are supplements that can help get your metabolism up and going.  For me chromium and D3 were very important.

Even losing the 20 lbs, I wanted...I can tell you that women I know who around the same size as me...manage to eat more than I do, but do not put on the weight like I would.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you hope that it can be done even with PCOS.  You just have to figure out what works for your body.  When you meet with your dietitian definitely be sure to mention the PCOS aspect. 

Sila - Being sad about a baby don't have yet makes total since to me.  I once told my DH IF is like grieving for something you've never had. 

Teresa - Yeah for higher progesterone!!  That's exciting.

Milkshake - I'm glad you see around again.  I had been wondering about.  I think it's great that you have a meeting with the top Doctor.  I know you don't have much hope that anyone will be able to help you, but I hope you get some comfort from knowing you have left no stone unturned.

toothfairy - Thinking about you and your surgery this week!

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi all- Sorry I have been MIA this week! I seriously have been so busy- we just got in and I am so tired but I didn't want you all to think I'd forgotten about you! Not much in my TTC world other than my laproscopy Thursday. I am excited/anxious and all that goes along with it. Trying not to psych myself out about it... the less I let myself think of it the better I feel. I got a brazillian yesterday to prep for surgery and seriously I look like a spotted toad... I'm not sure if I reacted to the wax or it was too hot or it is just that my skin is always ultra sensitive...but seriously, it looks like an STD, right in time for surgery- lucky me!!

sila-  I'm glad your tests came back normal. We did not need to avoid before the HSG either. I would guess they are just covering their azz that you won't be pregnant and have it flushed away from the HSG. Thanks for sharing your history. It is amazing how long we have 'known' eachother and there is still so much we dont know and may never know.

milkshake- I also wanted to know more about your endo experince (being there myself) and what impact they think that has on your infertility/RPL. I know there is a lot they haven't figured out yet and am hopeful that the top specialist is going to have more concrete answers for you.

sila & wissa- happytears.gifthanks for checking in! It was just a crazy busy week.

shesaidboom- We are all here for you through this weightloss. It is strange to me they have different BMI requirements for different procedures and that your RE was so insensitive to your concerns about 'safe' weight loss. Yay for a good appt with the psychologist!

teresa- YAY for your P4 being higher- I hope it is a reflection of something growing in there.

lilac- Welcome! I also recognize your name but it is probably just from lurking. You are in the right place. We are a pretty well rounded mix of experiences, so although we don't have anyone specifically we are always here as a shoulder, a listening ear, etc. I hope the urologist has good advice.

Sourire- In the most unscientific way to explain it- if you look at the last 2 numbers, they are both measured in /mL--- but if you look at before there was 1.5mL and after there was 0.5 mL-but the last numbers they give you are out of only 1 ml- so before it looks smaller and after it looks bigger because the 1.5/1 is a bigger fraction than 0.5/1... they are changing it basically to a percentage/fraction- but not wording it like that. Did I explain that well or am I confusing? It makes sense in my head. So yeah, it is a very inaccurate way of wording it. Basically, the 'after' number are like- if you has 1mL there 'would' be this many- but it is inaccurate because you didn't have a whole mL you only had a half... so really if you take those last 2 numbers and half them, it would be accurate. Sorry if I am confusing, I'm so tired...

krunchy- I'm glad you are back. I've been following your blog!

gem- Hi Friend! I am sorry and happy you are feeling sick. I hope your little bambino is growing strong and healthy but sorry it is taking it out on you!

kparker- Ugh to getting a cold on top of pregnancy- now let's hope you don't get another for 9 months!

okay- I'm so sorry because I know I missed comments/questions/people etc and that is what happens when I don't post for a few days but I did check in and read everything I only just didn't have time to post. I will try and do better this week....

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:05 AM

Toothfairy2be, I love your siggie: Give us, good Lord, the grace to work for the things we pray for.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:24 PM

I guess I never updated here. We lost the boys last week and I delivered them over the weekend. There is more information on the IVF grads thread. If that is too hard for you all to look at, I can update here, but it will take me a couple of days to be ready to write it again.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Deborah - I'm glad that you got to hold your boys.  candle.gif Alan & Bruce candle.gif

Hope4light - the last three years have been a real test for my relationship, but I know now that we can get through anything.  

Teresaresa - thanks for doing a NY happy hope dance for me.  I'd love to see a youtube vid! lol.gif  I stole the "asshat" term from another MDC user (who is quite possibly STALKING me right now - I know you are there...)  You are welcome to adopt it.  Sounds like your test results were awesome! 

RCR: hi!!  How have you been doing? 

Sourie - sorry about the freak out, but I'm glad you got it all sorted.  Sounds like it was a bit of a scare.  

I haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast yet, but I will.  My laps... well it's another story in itself.  You guys will come to realise that I have a lot of "stories".  Hmph.  

Actually, it's almost bed time.  I will come back to the story, and the laps, I promise.  

Lilac - hi and welcome.  I'll be keeping up with you on the 8 week challenge thread too.  

Shesaidboom - I know, I didn't like the idea of the meds either, but maybe if you just took them for 1-2 months just to get you started, maybe it would be worth it?  I do agree about the metabolic stuff, and that the PCOS might be a big factor here.  Did you mention if you see an endocrinologist?  The fact that you're having so much trouble says to me that there might be something "up"

I can't believe your doctor just threw you out on your ass (so to speak) to do the weight loss thing on your own.  Counselling can be awesome, I'm glad you got a lot out of it.  

Sila - glad things with DH have taken a turn for the better.  Communication really is the key.

Wissa - congrats on your pregnancy.  I'm very glad for you.  

Toothfairy - (Cbaa) I'll be back re: endo/lap/etc

AFM:  FREAKING OUT!  I'm spotting.  I'm only CD23!  I can't have my flipping biopsy if AF shows, and it is 3 days away.  Not to mention that I would be throwing my non refundable plane tickets in the bin.  Please, please, please, don't let me get AF yet!!! 

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 AM

Deborah- Thanks for the update, I have kept you in my prayers.

Toothfairy- Good luck on the lap this Thursday, hoping all goes well, please keep us updated.

Sourire-Omg, I would have also tripped out about the sperm wash numbers and confusion, so glad they got that straightened out, holy crap! Thanks for adding my blurb: Mexilady (29) married to DH (32), ttc for over a year with short lp and spotting. All labs have come back normal so far, including normal SA. Seeing an RE, starting Femara.

Sorry I don't have much time for personals today before I head off to my 12+hour shift. On CD5 today, this cycle I am trying Femara for the first time. My RE thinks it will be more effective for me, since it won't break down my lining, or dry up CM. He has me on a stair step protocol, CD4: 2.5mg, CD5:5mg, CD6: 7.5mg and CD7:10mg.  It seems like a lot for a first cycle, but my RE is a level headed thinker, so I am going with it. I have my first HSG on the books for this Friday, not nervous for any pain, just what it will reveal. I am scared of being so hopeful this month, with new interventions, only to get the same result.:( Trying to be positive, depends on the day! Two of my best friends are TTC for the first time and I find myself being jealous of how hopeful they are, which makes me feel like a rotten human being. Off to help deliver beautiful babies, hopefully we all will have one of those bright eyed miracles sometime soon!

artsy nurse (29) married to artsy grad student (32) since 2006. ttc #1 since may 2011  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/374a78

Old 03-26-2012, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

teresa - The next step for me is a baseline ultrasound to make sure all looks good, then start the stims (I'll be doing Follistim).  This is all dependent on AF showing this week, and if so then baseline will be Friday.  Yep, gotta love the side effects!!  Sounds like your P4 is looking good!  That's awesome!  It also sounds like maybe you got some air cleared with your mom, and that's even better.  Amazing what causes us to do things like this - who knew that IF would help you with that?!

lilac - Welcome, I hope that your stay here is short and sweet.  While we don't have Azoospermia, we have really abismal numbers, so I sorta know what you're going through.  Someone mentioned the process where they can surgically get immature swimmers - it's TESE.  I hope that instead they find something in the environment that is wrong and can fix it for you!!

Sourire - glad that you got an answer to your crazy numbers!! Crazy that they use an incorrect method of calculation....

shesaidboom -  Thanks for sharing!  I hope that you are able to do what needs to be done, but remain healthy.  We are here for you, even if some of us haven't been there!  I'm glad you saw the counselor and that it was a positive experience.  It helps when they have been there done that.  Good luck on the 11th, I'm assuming you'll meet your 'new' RE?

sila - I think it makes complete sense to miss someone that's not in our lives just yet, especially when you've been dealing with IF.  I'm glad that the tests came back good, although how frustrating that you still don't know....

krunchy - Welcome back, I hope everything gets easier for you soon.

tf2b - praying for your lap on Thursday!  I'm laughing at looking like a spotted toad lol.gif

deborah - I'm still keeping you in my prayers.

milk - Isn't it great knowing that your relationship can truly withstand the tests of time?  I'm doing the 'keep AF away' dance over here for you - send her my way, I'm hoping AF shows in the next couple of days!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 AM

Hiya, Ladies. I’d like to jump in and join your group please.

Here’s a little about me and my situation:

I’m 38 and my DH is 37. We’re trying to conceive #1. My name is Charley.

While I haven’t exactly been diagnosed with any kind of fertility issue, and neither has my DH, we do have some challenges and I’ve always known that becoming pregnant would be a little difficult.

So my story is this: I have never been pregnant, even though I had plenty of opportunities: 8 years of unprotected sex with my DH. We haven’t been trying exactly, but not not trying either.  Even though my cycle has always been normal, I’ve always been suspicious that I’ve never conceived. In 2011 I decided to get serious about getting pregnant, so I went to my primary care doctor and told her that we had been trying to conceive with no results. Because of my age, I wanted to get fast tracked into testing and was worried that she would tell me to try for real before seeking any help.

She sent me to an OBGYN and I began testing – this was in September of 2011 – it turns out that my levels were good, my eggs and egg reserve looks good, and so she scheduled an internal ultrasound. Turns out I have a polyp in my uterus.  At this time I was told the polyp was 1cm long and located in a tricky spot. I was advised to get it removed right away.

That involved a lot of other appointments – and through them it was discovered that I have a very tough cervix. In fact, 2 different water ultrasounds were unsuccessful, the surgeons just couldn’t get the catheter in my cervix, then into my uterus. So we went ahead with surgery anyhow, with the thinking that if I was under, they could force their way in and take care of the polyp and do a D&C. That didn’t work. My doctor got in and immediately poked through my uterus and she had to stop the whole operation right away.

This sucked on a lot of levels. I still have the polyp, I had a hard time recovering and I have crappy insurance, so I know owe a couple of thousand dollars for something that I have to have done again.

***Meanwhile, my DH had SA done. Turns out he had a low count about 8million. We put him on a high dose of Vit C, Zinc and Selenium and when he retested 2 months later his count was 38million. So good news! He was in the normal range, but the bottom of the normal range. But we’ll take it!***

So, after the failed polyp surgery, we decided that we would try one IUI with Clomid. That was this past January. I took the 100mg of Clomid cycle days 3-9 and on CD14 I O’d per an OPK and then we had the IUI on a Tuesday.

Before the doctor began the IUI I asked her to be as aggressive as possible – and she was. I ended up needing shots of Novocain next to my cervix and she had to really force the catheter in. She asked me if I had ever had surgery or any procedures done on my cervix – and all of the sudden, I remember having cyrosurgey/cyrotherepy on my cervix when I was in my early 20’s at Planned Parenthood! I had irregular cells at a routine pap smear – and it’s possible that I have some scarring at the opening of my cervix! Which would explain a lot.

Well, that IUI was unsuccessful. My OBGYN refuses to see me for other treatments and said that from here on out I needed to work with an RE. So I made an appointment with the one my OBGYN recommended and my husband and I went to see her. This is when things began to change in my treatment.

The RE gave me an exam at our first appt, including an ultrasound. She was able to get a catheter in no problem. I couldn’t even feel it going in! Amazing! She said her office probably used smaller ones than the OBGYN. During the ultrasound she said it was quite possible that I have endometriosis and that it looked like something was covering up my right ovary. She also told us that the polyp was 2 cm (not the one we had been told before) and that is was located in the worst possible place, in fact she said it was in the “sweet spot”.

I asked about having an HSG and she told me that I could have one my next cycle or if that didn’t work out, when she did the surgery to remove the polyp she could also do a lap and take a look then. The surgery for the polyp removal is set for April 13th.

However, the dates for the HSG did work out, and last Friday I found myself in the radiologists office have it done. My left tube is clear and beautiful, but it looks like a sausage maker has had their way with my right tube. It is deformed and full of fluid.  I’m so nervous. Our insurance doesn’t cover any fertility treatments, only diagnosis of a problem.  So while I don’t know much for sure, I have “hydrosalpinx” in my right tube and I have a big polyp and I may have endometriosis and I guess this explains why I haven’t been conceiving.

At the appointment to discuss the HSG results, she seems to be very hopeful, which is what I wanted. She said she’d scheduled an hour for the polyp removal and so she’s just going to add an hour and do a lap as well. Yay! She said she it looks like the hydrosalpinx was created by endo. She’ll know more once she gets in there. She wants to totally take my right tube out. This is ok with me, because of the discomfort I feel, but I did ask her how it would affect my ovarian reserve. She said as long as the right ovary doesn’t need to come out (!!!) that the left tube can work with the right ovary (and vise versa) if need be. She said she’s going to get rid of any endo and remove the tube and polyp and then we should be good to go. I am grateful that she has some good solutions and a positive attitude, but having anything removed makes me kind of nervous. Well, not the endo being removed, but an actual organ.

Another big kink (har har, pun intended) is we are set to move in June of this year. At that time, both my husband and I will become self employed and thus lose our insurance. (I am currently self employed and my husband is employed by the federal government.) I have to have as much of this taken care of as possible through April and then hope that I could get any follow up care that I might need in May so that in June we could be on our merry way to Vermont with as much done as possible and be in a good position to conceive on our own. 

We’re not going to TTC again until June. I’ve decided to take the time between now and then to focus on my overall health. Diet, exercise, stress management, lifestyle changes – THE WORKS! I’m talking about decluttering my mind and body. Herbs, yoga, positive visualizations, affirmations, nature immersion, organic everything, meditation,  sex just because, getting rid of stuff in our house, back to green juicing and smoothies – anything I can think of that makes me feel good inside and out, I’m going for it over the next few months.

So this is where I’m at as I begin my journey with you all. I feel scared, hopeful, and lonely. I’m glad to be here.

I know this was loooong and I thank you for letting me share it all with you. One of the things that attracted me to this thread was your nice, lengthy posts!

Old 03-26-2012, 10:22 AM

deborah: I am so sorry to hear about your precious boys. My heart hurts for you.

kparker: Have you joined the November DDC? I don't remember seeing you there. I haven't had severe lower back pain this time, but every other nasty symptom is there.

hope4light: I am so hoping this magically goes away as soon as the 1st trimester is over :-)

Sourire: So hopeful for your IUI! My eyes glazed over at the motile sperm explanation though @_@

lilac: Welcome. I'm so sorry to hear about DH. I remember you from a thread I used to stalk (BSL? Bajingo?). I hope you two can find some answers.

Sila: Yes, we got to hear the heartbeat at 7w1d. The precious fruit bat measured 1 day ahead with a 120 heartrate. So I'm guessing it will be a boy but time will tell. I hope you're doing ok my friend!

shesaidboom: I'm glad to hear about the fertility counselor. I love hearing when people pursue careers because they actually UNDERSTAND what their clients are going/will go through.

Hi krunchy! I'm glad to "see" you; I hope you are coping well.

Cait: Eeeeeee lap Thursday! I know you are so excited/anxious. Hoping it goes well.  Yikes about the wax though! I've been meaning to find someone who does sugar waxing in town, maybe you could look that up? Not hot, and supposedly almost pain-free while removing hair.

Milk: GO AWAY SPOTTING! *outraged raptor charge*

Welcome, Charley. Are you going to wait to do the lap/polyp removal til June, or do that sooner? Glad to hear you have a good RE.

AFM: Still in food aversion/all day queasiness hell. We heard the heartbeat and saw the fruit bat last week (calling it that because it was kinda hanging upside down in the gestational sac); I have an appointment with my OB next week (the previous appt was at RE but they've released me). Also, the cyst on my left ovary that prevented us from doing Clomid/IUI is still there, just chillin'. I have no idea what that's about.

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Sourire: You’re totally right – two follies would mean more progesterone. I guess this means they both popped which is cool. Pretty sure I’m not pregnant though (I did an HPT this AM – 11DPT and it was negative). I wish we had your DH’s motility. That’s just plain awesome!

Lila: Welcome to our group! I hope we can provide comfort and support for as long as you are here with us – hopefully not long at all! Totally off topic – what is the Bajingo Juice Thread?

shesaidboom: I’m going to send you a PM with details of Dukan. Also, if you want to send me your email address I can send you some attachments about the diet, too. I’ve just jumped back on today. I lost 30lbs last summer doing the diet, but have gained back 20 since doing fertility treatments. With everything else that’s going on, it sucks to have to add weight loss to the pile. It’s so hard to focus on two emotionally charged things at once (make that 3 with the wedding!) – at least it is for me. I’m really glad the fertility counselor was a positive experience. It’s so great when you can actually connect with someone. I’m also glad to hear that you and DP are going in for the IVF counseling. I think it will help you to prepare even if the BMI thing seems like an obstacle at the moment.

SilaMarila: Thanks for the encouragement. Day 1 of resuming my diet J So, I’m back in the saddle with ya! Keeping my fingers crossed for your DH’s test tomorrow.

KrunchyK: We miss you and are here for you whenever you’re ready! Big hugs to you.

Milk: Thanks! What’s the 8 week challenge? Also, spotting? Could totally be implantation, no?? Sadly, I wouldn’t know how to post something on YouTube J

mexilady: sending you vibes that all the new stuff this month clicks into place! I like the idea of the stepped Femara – that sounds really good. Interested to hear how it works out!

hope: I will do my AF-cometh dance for you. Again, no YouTube available… sorry!  Can’t wait for you to get started!!! Come on Friday!

Charley: Welcome! Despite all the crap you’ve been through, your story sounds super positive to me! Not to be a total weirdo, but I’m a little jealous that you have “fixable” stuff going on. I’m totally confident that once you get your polyp removed, your left tube working with your right ovary, and the lap, that you and your hubby will conceive in no time at all! Your RE sounds fantastic – super knowledgeable and supportive – the best of both worlds! What’s the story with state healthcare in VT? Do they cover any infertility stuff? Your decluttering plan sounds amazing – keep us posted on the bits and pieces. It’s always nice to get ideas from others on the forum. June sounds like the perfect month to conceive. We’ll be rooting for you!

Gem: always nice to see you and get an update. I just can’t find time to stalk the grads board, so thanks for making it easy! Yay for the heartbeat, and I love the fruit bat nickname J

AFM: Pretty sure I’m not pregnant. Feeling pretty defeated. Just feel like I did everything I possibly could this month, and it still wasn’t enough. Beta is Thursday, so I’ll know for sure then. I don’t know that I can do many more IUIs. I’m thinking this will be my last one.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Charley - Welcome, I hope that your stay here is short!!  your story sounds crazy.  I had cryotherapy back in 2001ish, and it hasn't helped me any either, that's for sure.  I can't believe what she had to do to force it in, and I would have thought she'd notice the scar tissue!!  That's what it is!!  It sounds like the RE is really going to be able to help you though, so that's really good. 

teresa - I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed that the HPT just didn't pick up the HCG yet.  Hang in there, and if you can't handle anymore IUI's, and if you're ready to take the leap, then do it! 

Do you ever feel like we live our lives in shorthand?  I mean really, HPT, HCG, IUI, IVF, ICSI, AF, E2, HSG, IF, SHG (did I get that one right?) and oh so many more.  Sometimes when I read our comments I have to step back and laugh, I mean really, if you didn't live in this crazy IF world and tried to read all these people would probably think we're nuts!  (but then again, we are a group of women all hyped up on hormones, so maybe we are demon.gif)

Happy Monday!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 03-26-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmine View Post
kparker: Have you joined the November DDC? I don't remember seeing you there. I haven't had severe lower back pain this time, but every other nasty symptom is there.

Is it under the DDCs subforum or somewhere else? I didn't see a particular forum/thread, but wasn't looking too hard either.

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:09 PM

Lilacvioletiris – Hello! I remember your from Bajingo Juice, as well.  I had to leave.  It just became too painful to watch almost everyone graduate after several months of trying. I’m sorry to hear about the SA results, but I’m glad that the two of you can have some direction moving forward.

Sila – Hi friend! Thanks for the warm welcome.  Baby steps.

Toothfairy – Good luck with the laproscopy.  This may be TMI, but I could never do the bikini wax.  I would always break out.  I had to stop because it looked like I had a disease.

Milk8Shake – I hope AF stays away.  I also just want to say that I love your profile pic.  It is incredibly infectious and makes me smile.  Thanks for sharing your mug.

Mexilady – Good luck with that HSG.  I hope it is quick and clear. 

Charley – Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story.  I’m glad you are working with an RE that is ready to take care of business all before June! I have the same deal with our insurance – diagnostics but no fertility treatments.  I miscarried earlier this month, but prior to that I was on progesterone for pregnancy support.  My insurance wouldn’t cover the progesterone even though it was for the pregnancy and they were using pregnancy billing codes.  I then had my naturopath call in the same prescription to the same pharmacy, and they covered it.  And they wonder why the people hate them….Good luck in the next few weeks!

Teresaresa – Hi! I know what it’s like to give up on a cycle, but I find that I really like carrying hope for others.  Here’s to hope.

Hope – Oh, the acronyms. DH is my least favorite.  Gagtastic.  I don’t know if I would ever call my guy Dear Husband.  He is my husband and he is dear, but I hate DH.  I also am not a fan of BD.  I sputtered when I looked that one up.  Baby dance? What?! I'm confident that I have never done the Baby Dance. Perhaps that our problem...

AFM – I went to the RE for a follow-up appointment.  My hCG is down to 16 and I can still barely, just barely see a second line on the Wondflo dip test - not even FMU! It’s so faint that it warrants that inversion trick people use with the photos. Go away hCG!! Because I am still showing a positive on the pregnancy test, I’m not sure that the OPKs can be relied upon.  I also am checking my cervix and mucus, but I just don’t feel like they are 100% reliable.  I blame the PCOS and not my inability to truly assess whether or not my cervix feels like my nose or my lips.  Regardless, I want to finish this cycle stat so we can move on to a medicated cycle.  I’m out of patience and ready to get this show on the road.  Give me the drugs! 

Also, thanks to all for reading along on my blog.  The ladies on this board are phenomenal.  Thanks for being phenomenal. grouphug.gif

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 AM

teresaresa - Bajingo thread is the 30 somethings TTC #1  Great group of ladies

Gemmine - maybe you have seen me on the Bajingo juice thread.

hope4light - Yes, I read about TESE.  Hopefully DH doesn't have to go that far.  He is a little nervous about surgery on "the boys".

Milk8Shake - yeah the weight loss thread is great.  I need some push to lose weight so if some IF treatments are needed on me and not just DH, I will be in the happy BMI place.  

krunchyK - Yeah, it is hard to see others get their waited for BFP and we still wait.  I hope your hormones will clear out so you can move onto the next step.  Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

AFM - fully expected a temp jump today, but still nothing.  EWCM seems to have dried up so here is to waiting to see what happens.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 AM

Milk – Hi!  I remember you from the BSL.  Hope AF stays far far away long enough to get your biopsy done.

Charley – Welcome!  I also had cryotherapy, must have been 15 years ago now or so and I guess the scar tissue is quite obvious to see, or so I am told.

Krunchyk – I always thought that bd meant bed as in we bedded, huh.  And I also would never call dh dh, I still have a hard time even calling him my husband and we’ve been married for almost 3 years. 

Liliacviolitiris –Welcome!  I hope the urologist has some answers/ideas for your dh.

Shesaidboom – Glad to hear that the counseling session was a positive experience; it’s great that she really knows what you are going through.   I hope that the weight loss goes well.

Sila – I know the feeling of missing something that you’ve never had, it’s a sad feeling, glad you and DH are doing better.  And wow to the 10k, I started running 5k about a month ago and I can finally do it without walking, I’m pretty slow though, I would love to be able to run 10k, I suppose if I keep at it I’d get there eventually.

Wissa – Hi!  Glad everything is well with you.

Gemmine – Fruit bat – cute!!!!

TF2B – I hope the spotted toad has gone away!  I’ve always been too scared to try waxing down there!  Hope the lap goes well.

Theresa – Good luck with the diet, I have been trying to lose some weight too and have discovered that just exercise is not the solution, at least not for me sigh, I do love food!  Now I need to google Dukan!  I also know the defeated feeling I’ve felt it often enough, I used to feel sad but now mostly it is just defeated.  Will you test anymore or just wait for the beta?  If you don’t do anymore iui’s what will you do?

Sourire – You must be excited about your cruise coming up soon, I am jealous!!

AFM – CD 24 no sign of O yet, still having some random mild hot flashes, my gut tells me that I’m in perimenopause and while it is still possible to get pregnant the odds are not in my favor.  I was ready to throw in the towel the past week and then the doctor that we have been waiting on finally contacts us yesterday, they want to start with DH and a SA, he has to do one this week and then one next week, is that normal?  I know nothing about these things.  He wasn’t pleased with having to do it once, you should have seen his face when he found out he had to do it twice!  At least he can do it at home.   So part of me is excited to be finally looking into things further and part of me is scared that I may find out that my gut is right.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

FYI, for those wondering how Deborah is doing.. a little more from her here. (A thread in the Grief and Loss forum.)

I will be back with personals (really, I swear!) after I feed myself some lunch!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 03-27-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

FYI, for those wondering how Deborah is doing.. a little more from her here. (A thread in the Grief and Loss forum.)

I will be back with personals (really, I swear!) after I feed myself some lunch!

Aw, Deborah.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

Okay, let's see what I can come up with here... I'm mostly just going back to people's last posts, because if I went any further back, I'd never say anything at all!

smiles - Glad to see you pop up again. Sorry your cycle is being so wonky. From everything you've said before, and what's happening now, I agree that perimenopause is a real possibility. greensad.gif I hope we are both wrong, though. I'm glad you've finally got an appointment with an RE so you can move forward with getting some real answers/treatment plans! I don't know how 'standard' it is to schedule two SAs from the get-go, but I know they typically do a second SA if the first isn't good, just to confirm. So they're probably just playing it safe. I think it's actually good to have all the info available for your first visit, so you can take that into account from the beginning. Definitely let us know how things turn out!

lilac - Welcome, and I hope your stay is short! I'm sorry to hear about your dh's diagnosis - it must be tough to know that natural conception just can't happen with things the way they are. I hope they are able to find something to help your dh, whether it's surgery or TESE or something else. But there are definitely a few ladies around here and the IVF thread who have used donor sperm for either IUIs or IVF for various reasons, so there should be people to answer your questions if you go that route.

krunchy - Good to see your name over here again! I think you should be fine using OPKs, as most are far less sensitive than HPTs to begin with (because being over-sensitive is actually bad in OPKs), and you definitely wouldn't get something darker than the control line with that low of hCG. I never could figure my cervix out, either. Good luck on getting back on the horse! (And I'm really enjoying your blog!) Oh, and I use dh all the time as an acronym, but I would definitely never call my husband "dear husband" in real life! Though I think I've spent a little too much time on the internet, because I catch myself almost saying "dh" (as in the letters d - h) in conversation!

kparker - Definitely come join us on the grads thread when you are ready! Also, DDCs have been moved to being social groups. I still don't understand at all how this is different than them being subforums, but apparently they now won't disappear a few months after everyone has their babies. The November DDC is here, if you want to check it out.

hope - I've often wondered how I would have known what my RE was talking about if I hadn't already spent so much time reading IF stuff and learning some of the medical acronyms! But yeah, it is kind of alphabet soup sometimes. I remember it took me the LONGEST time to figure out what TWW meant - I think someone finally pointed me to a thread with all the acronyms. I still occasionally run across one I don't know, too. I'm glad you've gotten started on your cycle, and I hope you get AF in a reasonable amount of time!

teresa - I'm sorry you're not feeling pregnant or getting two lines yet. :( I hope Thursday is a happy surprise! Either way, it sounds like you have made a lot of progress lately, both physically and emotionally, so if there is another cycle, I'm hopeful it will be THE ONE!

Gem - lol, I like the fruit bat nickname! Sorry about the queasiness. I hope it doesn't last too long! Glad to see you over on grads, too!

Okay, not even close to done, but dh is going to be home from work soon. Will be back tomorrow with more! (If you're dying to know what's going on with me, I just put a long, rambly post over in the grads thread - will do an AFM here tomorrow!)

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 03-27-2012, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Oh, no time for personals, I will be back, I promise.  Keep the "stay away AF" vibes going for me if you all can. 

No spotting since I checked in last, so it must be working!

Biopsy is tomorrow, and I am more than a little nervous.  yikes2.gif  

Toothfairy, good luck for your lap!

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Old 03-27-2012, 05:47 PM

Totally crashing and outting myself as a stalker...  But I just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow, milk8shake!  I hope everything goes well and you get some answers.  goodvibes.gif for AF staying away!

I'm going to go hide now...  hide.gif

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Old 03-27-2012, 07:39 PM

Milk - Good luck!!!! More vibes goodvibes.gif

Cbaa - Your lap is Thurs?

Mexilady - I just realized we're HSG buddies. Mine is also Friday. I keep going back and forth. Certain I have a blockage, then certain it will be clear and that it will be one more thing thing that is "normal" with me.

AFM - I've been going through a bit of a rough patch the last few days. This is all just so hard. Once we get our test results back DH and I are going to sit down and discuss how far we are willing to go financially, emotionally, and physically. We're going to put a game plan down on paper. We both feel better just knowing we are going to do that. He submitted his sample for the Sperm Penetration test/SA today. Now we wait and see if his sperm can even penetrate a hamster ova. The dang test cost $400 - but if we find out we're IUI is pointless I guess it will be worth it. I really don't know hoe people even financially make it IVF - how do you have any money left for it? I realized that in May I will have been going to my acupuncture/TCM for a yr. When I saw her today she was just so optimistic and keeps telling me how she knows I will be pg soon. I had to just smile, nod, and mumble "yeah". It was almost too much. Sorry to be a downer today.

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List