Spring IVF Thread: Bring on the BFPs! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 547 Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Aura - well, honestly, I have kinda gotten the same nervous feeling from Fisch. When we spoke on the phone during my first consult, I assumed he had my records, since I had sent them. He was talking as if he knew my history in detail. Then a week later I found out they never received them! So he was explaining my protocol without even knowing what happened with the premature O'ing, canceled cycles, zero fertilization, etc. Then later I read on another board that people thought that they took a cookie-cutter approach -everyone the same. It has had me worried, that he didn't even know my history before giving me a detailed protocol (explained on the phone), or even knowing my last protocol. But, I have stuck with it because they seem to have such great results.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#482 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

RCR - Ducks!! I love them!! I am sorry to hear about that phone call. I would be a little skeptical as well. Maybe you can do some background research?

Deport - I totally understand about the financial aspect. I am currently in Kuwait and the price for a cycle of IVF is not as bad as what I have resarched for stateside. My husband and I both agreed to do one cycle and pray for the best. I had around 27 eggs during that cycle, 2 were transferred and only 2 were able to be froze. We were not even 100% sure that we would go for the FET. When we spoke with our doc she gave us an extremely great price!! Thank God!! So, we decided to try again. I was a bit sad when I found out that of all those eggs only 2 survived. But even those 2 are a blessing. Hang in there and stay positive!!

Hope - I am sooo mega excited for you!!! Fantastic news!!!

I had my FET on Sunday the 13th. I will have my test on the 27th. I am 5 days post transfer and I am having slight cramping and my breast have been tender for about 2 days now. This cycle is completetly different from the first round. I have only taken endometrin and folic acid. I started it a week before the transfer up until now. I will not stop taking it until I test. Hopefully I get some awesome results and continue to have to take the endometrin. =) My body is not under as much stress as it was the first time around, especially since I had overstimulation. That was no fun.

#483 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 03:55 AM
rcr

Kali- I have done research, and it does seem like that protocol is for me. Although I am annoyed that they were so quick to make that judgement. I only brought it up because Aura had a similar experience, though I am still going through with it. Those all sound like great signs to me. Congrats on doing the transfer!

Blue - excited for you. how are you feeling about this?

I have been following a thread for a few days about a woman who wants to have a baby and give it to her IF friend. The posters seem to think that having somebody else's sperm inside you (sperm donation) is "icky" and "weird"  and that egg donation is "unethical" I have been mildly amused because most of these women have like 5 kids, and obviously have not had trouble. I wonder if they would think it is "unethical" and "icky" if they had to make a choice to do it or not have kids at all. I bet most of them would do it. Some people were saying that they are grossed out by the idea of having another mans sperm in her body (other than DHs). The whole conversation is so uninformed and clueless it is making me laugh. If If has taught me anything, it is that you never really understand somebody's struggles until you have been there. I think I am a much more emphatic person than I was before.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#484 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 04:33 AM

kali- Yeah, the cost isn't scaring me as much as it was before. I am getting used to the idea of going straight to IVF instead of doing IUI first. I am jst trying to prepare myself as much as possible for that to come. It is a huge step but one that I have to take.

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#485 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 AM

Deportivo: Glad you're getting used to the IVF idea. It is SO overwhelming at first! But I promise you, it isn't as bad as you think it's going to be, once you're in the middle of it. 

Kali: Sounds so promising!!! I hope you get your BFP next week!!

Blue: I am wishing you so much luck tomorrow! I am so rooting for you!!!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#486 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Blue - just one more day!!  Do you know what time it will be yet?

Silver -  I think it's great that you've decided to go!  I'll bet you being in that environment with a good group of women will actually help you to stay connected during it.  I'm so excited for you!

aura - Wow, I can't believe that he made that mistake in the protocol.  I can't blame you for being nervous, especially after he made you feel so comfortable and prepared at the consult.  You are dealing with enough, you shouldn't have to add in micromanaging.  Ugh.  I'm sorry about the sperm donor too.  I'll bet you find one that's even more charming, more intelligent, more handsome, and your DH's doppelganger!!  Allow yourself to pout!  BUT, things WILL be just fine.  You caught it, you're now on the right protocol, you'll be able to find another perfect donor, and this WILL happen!!

rcr - I'm sorry that you too got the same vibes.  I'm glad that you still feel OK in moving forward with them, because really, that's what matters!  I am laughing about the thread you were following.  I can't POSSIBLY imagine that EVERY ONE OF THEM were virgins until their first time with their husbands.  Soooo, yeah.  At least it gave you some good laughs!  It's true though, you can't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes, because you never know the situation.

kali - 5 days past FET, could be implantation!  I've heard that with FET's they implant a little later than with fresh cycles, so it sounds like good things are happening to me!!

AFM - I'm taking the leap and officially moving to grads.  I'm going to hang around as there are a lot of you in the beginning stages of a new cycle, and I want to help cheer you on!  Had our u/s today, saw one little perfect bean with a heart beating away.  THANK YOU ladies for all of your support!  Now I'm hoping that I can continue to support you from the other side, and remind you that it CAN happen!  grouphug.gif

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#487 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 PM

Hey all!!!  Sorry I have been out of touch lately b/c things have been crazy busy and I don't have much time to post right now b/c I'm waiting for DH to get home so we can pack up the car and hit the road and we hope to get to our Aunts house by 9-10pm tonight.  So my quick update is that our FET is scheduled for tomorrow at 11am and we have to be there at 10:30am. We are hoping to take Abby to the local Dog park in that area before the transfer to wear her out a bit so she will be tired while we go to our appt.  She will stay at home w/ our Aunt.  My blood work that they did for the bruising came back fine i guess, so nothing to worry about there.  I guess they think it must just be the prednisone, but i think maybe it is something to do w/ the Lupron maybe b/c i think i remember  I've had it before just not this bad, so maybe it is the mix.  So that is the scoop.  I'll do more personals later b/c i know i'll be forced to stay on bedrest for Friday and Sat, so I'll have time to catch up then.  Thanks everyone for all of your kind words and thoughts.  It is kinda bitter sweet that this will be our last trip to my RE's in that area (if we get a bfp we go to a different office that is like 3 hrs away instead of 4.5-5hrs away).  It is a little unreal that this is it so I'm just hoping and praying that this last one works!!!!  More soon!!  Sorry to be all about me.

Hope - congrats on the good u/s!!!!!!!joy.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#488 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM

Blue: loads and loads of luck for tommow!

Aura and rcr: hope things work out for your cycles.  being right on top of docs is not something I'm good at but you do have to be your own advocate here.

Kali: good luck with your tww!

rcr: I totally get what you mean about being more epmathetic.  I'm ashamed to admit I used to be a bit concenred about single mothers and now I'm planning to be one!

AFM: I'm just a bit down in the dumps about having another pregant friend! How can everyone else find it so easy? I was suppost to be staying the weekend with them but cancelled, so I hope I haven't offened them.  I was having a bit of a moan on facebook (just a genral moan not about my frined) and one of dh's best friends who has completly ignored me since dh died, didn't invieit me to his leaving party but now takes it on himself to suggest I shouldn't moan on facebook! Can we say unfriend! thanks for letting me have a little moan here!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#489 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 01:54 PM
rcr

Any you all share your experience with Califrnia Cryobank or Fairfax to get sperm (cost, process, etc.) we are thinking of using donor sperm for some of the eggs.

#490 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

RCR - Jumping in to say you may find some more info about the banks in the Queer Parenting area.  There are lots of discussions about banks there.  Some people are very happy with Fairfax, but I have also heard a lot of complaints about service and quality (i.e. vials with low counts).  Their prices are fairly low though.  I don't know too much about California Cryobank.  We are using The Sperm Bank of California and we are very happy with them.  I have also heard good things about Northwest Cryobank.  They are on the less expensive side.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#491 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

rcr- for our first round we used xytex and i LOVED it.  great service, very responsive, not too expensive, and they had adult photos.  which was the best.  our dr now prefers california or fairfax, so made the switch to california.  i don't like fairfax because their site is hard to navigate, and they are expensive!  each little thing you want to learn about the donor is a la carte, and photos are like $80 PER DONOR.  what a ripoff!  california is okay so far.  the only thing that bugs me is that they don't have adult photos at all, so we're trying to base it off of baby/childhood photos.  it's not the same, but i'm learning to be okay with it.  i can't even imagine how someone could select a donor without photos at all.  i basically go first to photos, then medical history, then read up on their personality.  if the total package feels right, i save them to my preferred list, and once i've got a few together my dh and i sort through them.  i think it's too daunting a task for him to go through hundreds of donors, but i kind of love it.  it at least makes me feel like i have control over something!  

with xytex i was able to find someone that resembled dh a teensy bit.  his adult photos at least looked like my father in law when he was a young man, so that worked out great.  at california i'm not really seeing anyone that jumps out at me as a physical resemblance, so i'm going more for certain features, like, my dh has blonde hair, or someone who is at least his height.  my dh is also a writer, so we're interested in people that are creative, etc.  it's just a gut feeling i guess.  i still mourn the loss of ability to use my first donor, he was the best.   california actually has a "celebrity look alike" matching service, so as a joke i kept looking up actors i thought were hot and telling my dh we would have a baby that looked like batman (christian bale), or chris hemsworth, or ryan kwanten.  hey, they're kind of blondes! i figure if i have a choice, i'd at least like my kid to have a potential to be intelligent, kind, creative, and attractive.  why not? 

the sperm ranges from 5-700 a vial, my dr always requested at least 2 vials in case something terrible went wrong with the first.  once i ordered it, xytex fedex'd it to my re where they kept it frozen until the day of the procedure.  pretty easy.  xytex's samples were always good quality too, good numbers, etc.  i believe we paid an extra $35 for them to select the best samples from my donor.  

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#492 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

silver, moan away!  we are all entitled.  if someone doesn't like it, they have the option not to read it!

blue, i am thinking the most wonderful embryo growing thoughts for you!  i am really hoping this is your bfp, you deserve it.  keep us updated when you can, we're here thinking about you!!

hope, amazing that you saw the heartbeat!!  congrats on your graduation, please feel free to check in on us, we love the suport!

kali, sounds really positive!  when is your test date? i'll add it to the front page. 

rcr- in regards to protocol, now that i'm doing LA_E2P i think we're probably on almost identical cycles.  however even though we suffer from different issues, both of our issues come down to egg quality, so it's actually good to see consistency in protocol.  i'd be more worried if we had opposing issues and were treated the same.   i think i have come to realize that even though i am expecting the very best and full attention from my re, in reality he is trying to squeeze in time with so many other women just like me, and if it means i have to just pay closer attention, then that is what i'm going to have to do.  i know he's a great re.  i know he has been successful on so many others.  my last protocol was crap and go me nowhere.  this protocol is SO different, at least i will know what happens on the other side of the spectrum.  we're in good hands! 

afm, today is my cycle day 9 and i started the opk.  i've never used one before and i'm terrified for some reason it won't show the surge properly and i'll mess up the whole month.  panic much? i think i'm going to go saturday to the lab and get the rest of my bloodwork done.  i also need to call around and find a place to do my ultrasounds.  there is another RE clinic about 20 minutes away, so i am going to see if they would do monitoring for me.  i think i'd be more comfortable with an re doing the monitoring, or my obgyn (although i don't know how much experience she has measuring follicles? how often do they do that?) than i would just going to a radiology group and having a random tech do it.  i have a lot to do before mid june, and i think i need to just compile the info and make a list so i can cross things off.  

#493 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 06:08 PM
rcr

I have a little more time to write more.

Blue - Thinking of you, friend. I hope this is it. I am staying positive for you.

Silver - that is so insensitive (the guy). I get it about the pregnant people.

Aura - thanks. Fisch recommends the same two places.

So, the thing about donor sperm. We have had two cycles with zero fertilization. If I was the kind of person to get like 15 or 20 eggs, the normal thing to do at this point would be to do half with donor sperm and half with DHs. But, the problem is that I am not that person, and I get more like 6 eggs if I am lucky. So, the down side of using donor sperm is that if we fertilize half with donor, it really limits our chances of using DHs because that means that we only have three (if we are lucky to get 6) eggs with DH.  Even though DH has tested for decent sperm (and with ICSI it really doesn't matter anyway), there is really no true way to tell if it is sperm or egg unless we do donor. Although both REs suspect egg more than sperm, I am still a little skeptical that sperm is not just a little at fault. So, what to do? If we just get zero fertilization again, this will be another try wasted, if we use donor sperm, and those fertilize but others don't, then we will know it is a sperm issue (as well as egg, probably). What would you all do?

#494 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

it's a tough call, rcr. we did half and half on our second ivf, but i had more eggs to work with.  dh's didn't even make it to day 3, the donor's did, although the embryos were pretty bad and we are blaming that all on the egg.  how does your dh feel about this?  my dh is still pretty sensitive about it, but since he doesn't really want to have surgery on his testicles he's willing to move on.  if both dh's sperm and donor sperm fertilized eggs, i assume you'd use dh's?  i do think you'd have to talk about all the possibilities ahead of time.  like what if his fertilized but the other embryos were better, etc.  or what if there were only 3 eggs? who would get more? or just one? 

dr t asked us if we wanted to try again with dh's, but like you, i'm worried enough about egg issues, i don't want to factor any sperm issues into the equation as well.  but that's just me.  it can't hurt to have a backup plan.

#495 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 PM
rcr

Aura - can you explain what you know is wrong with your DHs sperm. I know what retrograde MF is, but can't they just use TESE to get some sperm. What is the quality issue? DH has a decent (poor) analysis (just fine for ICSI), and a good DNA analysis, but i am wondering if there is some other issue (not sure what that could be).

Does a good semen analysis and good dna analysis assure us that the sperm is fine to use? Or are there other factors that can not be tested for.

Dh actually feels just fine with donor. He doesn't out much emphasis on DNA.

#496 of 547 Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 PM

Theresa - Thought of you today when I had my saline sonogram.  It was a horrific experience.  The nurse told me to empty my bladder prior to the procedure and the doctor immediately said because of that it would be very painful.  curvy cervix, 4 catheter and 2 balloon catheters later, we finally had success.  I had contractions and pain.  BAD.

Hope - So happy for you!

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#497 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 02:51 AM

Blue, just thinking of you today!! I'm sending you baby dust vibes and really really hoping that this is it!!! BIG HUGS!

Aura and Rcr, how frustrating about your doctors!! Rcr, I'm hoping that he actually came up with your protocol because of his discussions with you and not just willy nilly. That's my hope anyway and i'm still optimistic that it's going to work! It seems like such a different and especially aggressive regimen that it has to work! 

Aura, ARGH to needing to remind the physician about stuff. I felt like I had to micromanage my nurse too...on some level, I remember feeling that they just didn't seem to care as much as me. And realistically, they didn't. So just keep your chin up and never worry about asking questions and in fact, questioning them about stuff. As for OPKs, I remember I used to do the OPKs 2x a day...one in the morning and one in the afternoon to reduce the chances that I would miss anything. I went on Amazon and just bought the cheap ones.

I'm so hopeful for you and Rcr!! 

Silver, DEFINITELY unfriend. What an ass. Some people really do grow up to be unfeeling jerks. Argh, I'm so annoyed for you! Complain away here! We're happy that you have an outlet.

Kali, hoping for the best!! My first pregnancy sign was sore breasts too so i'm hopeful for you!

:o)

Just wanted to check in ladies. I'm going back to stalking but just wanted to say that I'm hoping for a very happy next few months!! More BFPs!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#498 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

poking my head in to say good luck today, Blue!

rcr - I'm laughing about that thread and also shaking my head.

silver - moan away!  We all understand and welcome your venting!

hope - COngrats on a great u/s!  We're glad you can join us on the "other side"

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4******12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#499 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 AM
rcr

Blue. Hoping for the best today!

#500 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 08:43 AM

RCR - Great!! As long as you feel comfortable that is what counts.  Cant wait to know how things progress.  About the ladies who feel it is "icky" obviously do not understand what it feels like to be in our situtions.  People will always have negative comments to make when they have no clue about what it is really like.  It is actually quit silly and immature.  I am so thankful to have all you great ladies to chat with about our journeys!.

Hope - Thank you!! I am praying for the best!! I am soo happy for you!! That had to be the best experience ever, too see your little ones heart beat!! Precious!!

Blue - Thinking of you!!

Silver - We are all here to listen and help where we can! Air hug!!

Aura - Thank you! I am hoping, hoping, hoping!! =) I test on the 27th of May.

Rena - I hope this is it!! They are still sore and I am still cramping in my lower abdomin area.  I am now 5 days post transfer.  Can these cramps be menstrual pains? and If I test at home, what day would be a good day?

#501 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

blue - sending you best wishes!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#502 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 AM

Typing from my phone right now so I'm alittle limited. Anyways, we just had our transfer now (11am) and I'm laying here waiting.. We have to wait an hr and then we can leave and start our drive home. Good news!!! This was the best one we have ever had, a 10 cell grade 2+ so we will just pray it all works out. It's totally out of our hands at this point and all we can do is pray that it works!!. Thanks all for thinking of us. My Beta is on Tues the 29th!!! I'll catch up on more personals when I get home and on my computer where I can look back!! Just wanted to update real quick.
deborahbgkelly likes this.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#503 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 AM

I'm Baaaack...

Blue! A transfer today! Awesome! Praying for a beautiful baby to match your adorable doggy!

I'm on day 1 and we're starting another round this month. Will be back later to update and see what you're all up to, too busy right now... 

But I got this today and it seems like a good omen (I know, everybody gets the same one from tut.com but I like to pretend they are just for me)

Remember you once told me, Laggie, that if ever all of the circumstances in your life were aligned just so, your soon-to-be friends were in all the right places at all the right times, and the financial markets, social climate, and global energies had all reached optimal points... you'd want to be gently nudged as a subtle sign that it was time to start doing new things, saying new things, and visualizing so that you might catch these gargantuan waves of change and surf to dazzling new heights?

TODAY'S THE DAY!! 

Hang ten, 
    The Universe

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#504 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 PM
rcr

Blue - yay! This one was perfect!

Laggie - Hi! Nice to see you back.

#505 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 PM

Hi everyone!

Sorry I am so far behind  hide.gif

Blue, SO SO SO excited for your transfer today!  Sounds like everything went perfectly!  I am sending lots of sticky vibes your way and praying for a BFP soon!!!!

rcr, what a funny group of ladies you are following.  I was out with a group of my friends several years ago (when we were trying for DD) and I remember one of them saying how they would NEVER try anything thing ART related.  They didn't (still don't) know our journey, but it really hurt my feelings, and while she is lucky and hasn't had any problems I still don't believe that her stance is that strong if she was really in the position.   People that say stuff like that really frustrate me! 

Aura/rcr, I like the sound of your protocols and have very high hopes for both your cycles!!!  It's discouraging when you think things aren't being followed closely enough, but you are both with a great clinic and I think it means good news for you both!! 

Silver, uh, I hope you already unfriended that jerk!!!!!

Laggie, nice to see you!  Keep us posted on your cycle.

Kali, sounds like good signs to me!!!

gtree, sorry your appointment didn't go well :(

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#506 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 02:43 PM

Oh, I forgot - they want me to an endometrial biopsy this time - it's supposed to help with implantation? Has anybody heard of this or had it done?

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#507 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

laggie, i'm doing the endometrial biopsy in about two weeks! i'm using the opk now to find my surge day, and the test is 10 days after that.  i was told that they want to just check that the proteins in my uterus are synced up to my cycle, to make sure it is receptive to implantation.  my dr said a lot of things could make the endometrium out of sync... anything from fluid in your tubes to high/low bmi, endometriosis, etc.  i've also read that endometrial scraping could make you more receptive to implantation, although i don't know how much scraping they actually do when doing the biopsy.  my nurse said it will probably feel like a needle stick, but who knows?  i feel like blue had a biopsy done, she can probably add more.    ps, welcome back!  it's good to see you, i have added you to the front page again.

blue, AMAZING!!  10 cells! this is amazing.  i hope you're feeling well, i've been thinking of you and hoping that this is your turn.  

gtree, sorry to hear about the painful procedure.  a curvy cervix, who knew?  i'm glad they were able to get it done finally, and sorry you had to go through the discomfort.  my husband always likes to point out that whatever it is, it doesn't hurt as much as labor.  haha.  thanks for reminding me! if only we all get to be that lucky.

rcr, my dh's sperm was "okay".  but not great.  they are able to get it from his urine without doing TESE, and we were able to fertilize 30 eggs with ICSI... but nothing went past day 3.  my re was the one who kept pushing for donor sperm (even in our initial consult) due to dh's sperm analysis and his medical history.  i don't remember it being abysmal, but it wasn't ideal, and once we gave it a second shot with the 50/50 cycle, we gave up.  knowing now how bad my egg quality must have been due to terrible protocols, cycling back to back, etc, maybe i'd give it another shot if we weren't paying out of pocket.  but things being what they are, i am able to move on.  i think dh wishes things were different, but c'est la vie.  

also rcr, i totally laughed about the icky sperm conversation.  people are so naive sometimes.  i probably had less contact with my donor sperm than i did with half the population of manhattan every time i ride the subway!  one of my best friends used to be a bit distant when i'd talk about ivf stuff, because i don't think she knew how to relate (had a son of her own).  now she just had a chemical pregnancy last month and has been trying for a second child for 7 months now, and is very eager to discuss the intricacies of how firm her cervix felt yesterday, or what each twinge and cramp means.  it's amazing how fast your mind can change when it's happening to you! 

afm, i took my second opk this morning with fmu and it was lighter than yesterday.  isn't that the opposite of what should happen?  it's still early for me, as i think i usually ovulate around day 14ish, and today is day 10, but i was very confused.  

#508 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 PM

Hello all...  so sorry that I have been away for so long.  We are having major health issues with DS that have kept me very busy with appointments and preoccupied.  I have been following along, but no time to post.  I only have a moment now, but wanted to say:

Blue:  goodvibes.gif  Praying for you.  This just has to be it for you.  It is totally your turn!

Aura and RCR:  Fingers crossed that SIRM is your answer.

Laggie:  Welcome back.  I have been asking about you!

Hope:  Congratulations!

Kali:  Those signs sound really good!

At work, so gotta go.  God bless all of you!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#509 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 PM

Okay, we are home and I'm laying on the couch like I was instructed.  HATE bedrest!!!!!  irked.gif  DH just went to get something to eat for dinner since he doesn't cook.  i changed my profile pic to show you all the little girlie that has been keeping me company on the couch ever since I got home.  So sweet.  Her head is so dark brown that it is kinda hard to see her face, but I couldn't resist snapping a picture!!  Okay, now is my time to get caught up on personals.... i feel like I have gotten so far behind.  Hopefully I won't miss anyone.

rcr - how did your DS thing go at school???  Hope it went well!  It is so interesting to see your protocol thanks for sharing.  I have my fingers crossed for you w/ this next cycle.  When is your school done and when is your flight out west? That thread you were following does sound crazy!!  One thing that I have learned from this whole experience is so much more compassion for those that suffer w/ infertility and I think a ton of patience even though I still feel I could always use more of that now and then.  So hard to know what to do about donor sperm/DH sperm in your case.  My hope is that this cycle goes so well you might have the option to use both even if it is only fertilizing 2 eggs w/ DH's just to see how they do.  I will be keeping my fingers crossed.  Could you talk to the Dr about it and see what his thought is on the matter?

gtree - Welcome!!!  Sorry we are all meeting you here but this is a great support group of ladies.  It is hard to answer your question b/c there are so many different protocols so i'd suggest getting ahold of your RE's practice and talking to one of the nurses and ask them for a schedule and when you will be required to have u/s's and bloodwork done.  That would probably be the easiest way and most accurate way to figure it out.  Sorry to hear that your saline sonogram went so rough!!!  Hope you are feeling better today.  Keep us posted as you get started and yell if you have other questions we might be able to help you with.

Tear - hug.gif my dear friend!!!!!  Thanks for your kind words.  Always brings a warm feeling to my heart when I see your name pop up since we go wayyyyyyyyyyy back!  Hope your little one is doing well and school is almost over for you so you get to enjoy the summer w/ her right????

Hope - yay for Graduating to your OB and for seeing that strong heartbeat!!!!!

Silver - I think it is good that you are going on that retreat!!!  I hope you have a great time!!!  And what is up with that "friend"... grrrrr.... people like that really make me mad that they can be so insensitive!!!!

Kali - Yay for a good transfer!!!  How many did you put back in and do you know the quality.  I just ask b/c i was just thinking about it since we had our transfer and they were talking to us about the quality of the embryos.  Your symptoms sound great so far.  Fingers crossed that this is you month!!!!  Keep us posted.

Deport - I'm glad you are feeling a little better about moving onto IVF.  It is never easy at first but once you are holding that miracle baby it will all be worth it in the end and you will be glad you didn't waste money on IUI's that wouldn't have worked for you in the situation.  Keep us posted.

Aura - If I were you I'd try to find a RE group that is used to doing U/S's for women that are cycling not just any place that does u/s's just b/c you are spending so much time and money you want it all to be measured right.  So interesting to see your protocol and so sorry to hear about the crazy mix-ups w/ your protocol.  I'm so excited for you w/ this upcoming cycle.  I have a good feeling for both you and rcr switching to SIRM practices.  So you had a faint pos OPK yesterday and now it is getting even lighter?   Did you tell the RE's office about that?  Weird that it would be so early.  Hmmm?

Renavoo - thanks girl for your kind words.  I'm glad you have the weekend off to get some things organized and hopefully relax some too.  I think all of you grads need to post some new belly pics soon on the grad side!!!!  Hope you are well!!

Kewpie - thanks friend!!!!!  Love seeing your babes pics!  They are too cute and the swim suit pic was to die for!!!!  Love it!!

Belly - Love to see your name here too.  Hope you are taking it easy and not over doing!!!!  I spy on you and know you have been doing too much!!!  LOL.  Thanks for your kind words. Just like I told Renavoo I think you ladies need some new belly pics here soon on the grad side!!!

Laggie - so good to see your name again!!!!!  I'm looking forward to reading your update and where things are at for you!  Keep us posted. I think that for sure is a good omen.

Deborah - how are you doing?  Just checking in.

I'm sure I missed some people but I tried to go back a few pages so if you hadn't posted there that is why I missed you.  Hope everyone is well.

AFM - One more day of laying on the couch.  Uggh!!!  i would be terrible on bedrest for long periods of time, but I'd do it if it ment I'd get a bundle of joy out of it.  Does anyone know much about how many cells the embryos normally have at transfer?  I really don't know enough about this and need to figure out what is ideal or if there is even an ideal.  I really can't ever doing a transfer and having a 10 cell or any more than like 4-5 cell embryo w/  all 5 of our last transfers so this gives me a little more hope even though I'm so guarded at this point in time from having my heart broken once again.

#510 of 547 Old 05-18-2012, 05:58 PM

Praying - i just saw your post now.  Praying that things get better for your DS.  Thinking about you all!!!  So fun to see your ticker moving!!!!!  Hope that even with all the craziness you are feeling okay.

PS.  Anyone know what is up with the little blue marks that are above all of our screen names now?????  Just thought it seemed weird that the spots showed up the other day.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page