Spring IVF Thread: Bring on the BFPs! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 547 Old 03-22-2012, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Deborah,  I am So sorry.  Your message broke my heart.  Just know we are all here for you if you need to vent or want support.  

rcr- i love those little q caps.  all of my cycles with stims required me to use mix the gonal f into my menopur, so the routine you have now is my usual.  the qcaps are EXCELLENT for getting every little last drop out of the bottles.  as far as meds stuck in the needle, i wouldn't stress.  considering the needles are manufactured with that space, i am sure they account for a certain amount of loss.  i used to panic at first because sometimes a drop or so of the meds would seep out after i injected them, but my RE always told me not to worry.  It's the same way the meds come with extra units (600 when it should be 450) because they know you won't be able to get a bit out, etc.  

blue- that nurse sucks.  seriously.  just because she wasn't into email doesn't mean she can discredit what you asked for.  no respect!  

saphrons, looks like a + to me!  keep us posted.

afm, thanks ladies for the great idea of just going to pick up the records myself! it's only a 20 minute drive and that way I won't have to worry about having them faxed to work... even though most of my coworkers know what is going on, i wouldn't want them to see all of my personal details!  DH convinced me to go out for an ice cream cone for dinner, so i guilted him into doing a pilates video with me.  it was hilarious! i also just got my copy of the infertility cure in the mail, so i'm a few chapters in.  it's pretty interesting so far.

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#62 of 547 Old 03-22-2012, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh Deborah I am so sorry.  I'll be thinking of you.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#63 of 547 Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 PM

Deborah~ So sorry about your loss...hug2.gifcandle.gif candle.gif

Saph~ Yeah...that looks like a BFP to me!  pos.gif

Rcr~ Yeah for being a drug hoarder...me too. wink1.gif

AFM~ Well my FET was moved up a few days...I go in Monday for it. They measuerd my lining today and it was 11mm. My RE wanted to be at least 8...so we are good to go. I start the dreaded PIO shots tomorrow night...double the amount of what you would take when on a fresh cycle...yuk, but what ever needs to be done we will do. My DP's birthday is the day after the FET...hopefully this will be our BFP.

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#64 of 547 Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 PM

Deborah I am so, so sorry for your loss. My thoughts will be with you.

Blue I can't believe it. I really thought this would be it.

We're doing ok. I'll find the graduate thread and update there.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#65 of 547 Old 03-22-2012, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

deborah - My heart fell into my stomach at your update.  I am so so so sorry for your losses.  This just breaks my heart. :(

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#66 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 02:40 AM

Deborah, I'm so sorry. I'm speechless and heartbroken for you, your dh and your family. I hope all goes well today and in the future. Big hugs.

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#67 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 AM

Deborah - I am extremely sorry for your loss.

Gelly - Yay for the transfer being on Monday! That's right around the corner.

This is my test from this morning:

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh569/saphrons/test323.jpg

I think I have OHSS - I've been extremely bloated for days, nauseated, cramping and just an overall not good feeling. I also think I'm having an allergic reaction to either the Progesterone or Vivelle. I finally left my doc a voicemail last night.

#68 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Deborah - I am so very very sorry.  I pray that today will be as easy as it can be, as smooth as it  can be, given the circumstances.  My heart just breaks for you, and I started to cry when I read your message.  I know I wasn't around when you got pregnant, but I was still pulling for a take home baby.  It isn't fair.  hug2.gifcandle.gifcandle.gif

Praying - Hey, it's a small world then!!  I can't believe that they're almost 2, where has the time gone?!  I think that's so sweet that your DH showed up at the RE's office to meet you.  I'm excited to hear how the u/s and beta go on Monday!  Sorry for having to take the shots... last time I did the suppositories, and I have to admit, the shots freak me out a little because of everything I've heard.  Ugh.

aura - Oh how I would LOVE to see my DH do a pilates video FIREdevil.gif

gelly -  Wow, that came up quick!  Sounds like your lining is nice and ready!!  How neat would that be if you got your BFP on the cycle that the FET was done on DP's birthday?  That would be awesome!!

saph - Yeah!!  That test looks darker!  Drink lots and lots of gatorade.... the pregnancy would make it worse...

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#69 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 05:31 AM

Deborah - thinking of you today!!!!!

Aura - when you had the reaction to the PIO did it feel like there was a needle stuck in the welt under the skin or like you were constantly getting stung by a bee that was painful and also itchy at the same time??? Uggh!  A BFN sucks enough but to add this to it really sucks!!!  Can't hardly sleep b/c of the stupid pain!!!!  irked.gif  It's really not that red at all just so sore.  I LOL when i read that you made your DH do a pilates video w/ you.  Love it!!!!!!!

Gelly - that is great that your lining looks so good and they are moving things up!!!!  Fingers crossed for you!!!

Praying - that is so sweet that your DH showed up to surprise you!!!  That would be something that I would wish for for my DH to do but he is kinda clueless in that surprise area.  Keep us posted. Did you have your 2nd Beta?

Saph - Yay for a good hpt this morning!!  Totally pregnant!  Uggh to OHSS.. like Hope said Gatorade and I've also heard protein is good too.

rcr - good luck tomorrow at your check!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#70 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 06:17 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Deborah - Oh no, I am so sorry. What a horrible heartbreak. I don't know what to say, but we are here if you need us. hug2.gif

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#71 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

it's funny, blue, because it's been almost a year and even though i am trying to remember i can't!  i do remember that it was hot, raised, and so sore i actually left work to go to the RE to make sure i wasn't going to die.  i couldn't put any pressure on my lower back/hips/butt.  i don't remember feeling like a needle was in there, probably more like bee stings?  i hope it goes away soon!  does it look like it's moving out of the circles?

gelly,  can't wait for your FET! i hope you have a nice relaxing weekend to prep yourself.  

blue, i cracked up when you said your husband needs improvement in the surprise area.  my dh doesn't even realize sometimes that i would want him to surprise me.  i mean, i drop hints all the time that tulips are my favorite flowers.  he works in nyc and i know for a fact that you can buy beautiful tulips from just about any bodega for about $6 a bunch.  i once hinted so much that he went to a local florist and bought me roses.  doh!  nice intent but missed the point entirely.  *sigh*.  he is so attentive in so many other ways, i just have to accept that sweet surprises are not his forte.  and neither is pilates.  he complained for the rest of the night how bad his stomach hurt.  i think he meant "ow, i have used abdominal muscles i haven't used in years".  heheheh

#72 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 03:27 PM

Thank you to whomever told me to buy a First Response test. I just tested and here is the result:

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh569/saphrons/FRtest.jpg

#73 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 03:52 PM

Saphron: That was me. Ha - FRER don't lie! That's almost as dark as the control! Yay!!!!! :-)

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#74 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post

Saphron: That was me. Ha - FRER don't lie! That's almost as dark as the control! Yay!!!!! :-)

My test line (on the left) is darker in person than the control line on the right! 

#75 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 04:17 PM

Saphrons:  Congratulations!  energy.gif

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#76 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
deborah, I'm thinking of you today, too. I hope things went smoothly and that you have support around you as you go through this. I've been thinking about you a lot. hug.gifhug.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#77 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
I've been thinking about you a lot. hug.gifhug.gif

Me too.  Huge hugs to you.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#78 of 547 Old 03-23-2012, 11:02 PM

Deborah - I am so sorry.  You are in my prayers.  

Sahprons - CONGRATS!!! That test is def a positive!! I am soooo excited for you!!! How do you feel? Drink milk! It helped me so much.  

Well, I have not home tested yet.  I am extremely nervous to do it.  I have no more pain but I have some cramping in the very low area of my stomach.  I have been super tired by the end of my days at work.  I can knock out as soon as I get home and hit the couch.  I have also been emotional.  Do you guys think this symptoms are from the endometrin I am on? 

#79 of 547 Old 03-24-2012, 04:44 AM

Kali - I am with you on all of the symptoms except for being emotional. I just looked up endometrin and it looks like it's the same thing as Progesterone, but in suppository form. You are extremely lucky to have that option! I have to do nightly injections with a humongous needle. Do you think you will wait till your Tuesday appointment or are you planning on testing before then?

#80 of 547 Old 03-24-2012, 08:34 AM

Saphrons - I am going to wait till Tuesday night.  I will take my blood test in the evening after work, around 8-8:30 PM.  I work long hours. So, after I come home from doing that I will take the home test.  I won't hear of the results until Wednesday afternoon.  And yes, I am glad I was given the pill to insert vaginally twice a day.  I was getting tired of having to stick myself everyday.  =D  

#81 of 547 Old 03-24-2012, 10:45 AM
rcr

Typing from my phone. All is well. Three measurable follies. On both sides plus a few small ones. Bloodwork came back normal and I am starting.g gannirelix tonight. My next appointment is Monday morning.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#82 of 547 Old 03-24-2012, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

rcr, this is great!  sounds like the protocol is working so far!

i went to visit my best friend today, who had a baby a week ago.  her daughter is perfect, and tiny, and is so sweet.  i came home and cried a bit out of frustration.  i am trying to find my patience. 

#83 of 547 Old 03-24-2012, 07:45 PM

rcr- good to hear that things are coming along nicely!!!  Keep us posted after your Monday appt.  Fingers crossed for this cycle!!!  You are due for a BFP!!!!

Kali - All of your symptoms sound like pregnancy symptoms for sure, but they also could be progesterone symptoms as well it's really hard to tell.  If you can, I'd try to use FMU for your hpt.  They say you will get better results if it is FMU, but I realize you have crazy work hours so maybe that is hard.  Fingers crossed for you for sure!!!!!

Aura - hug2.gifI always try to absorb all that cute baby energy when i get to hold a newborn!!!! I know it is so not fair. 

AFM - AF showed up today!!!!!  I have a phone consult w/ my RE on April 5th so we will see what the scoop is and where we go from here.  I'm just ready to use our last two embries (well we will thaw both, but only be able to transfer one) and move on and be done if it doesn't work!!!  If we didn't have these 2 frozen left, I'd be ready to throw in the towel now and move on w/ life - whatever that means.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#84 of 547 Old 03-25-2012, 08:29 AM

Deborah:  Still thinking about you alot and praying for you and your DH.

Kali:  Isn't it terrible that every possible pregnancy symptom you feel can be atributed to the progesterone?  I have always HATED that part!demon.gif  This stuff can literally make you go mad.  I have my fingers crossed for you.  Best of luck!

RCR:  clap.gif  Everything sounds like it is going really well!  I am so happy for you.  You will have to let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow! 

Aura:   I went to lunch last week with a good friend from work who is out on maternity leave.  Her DD is about 7 weeks old.  She was just so tiny and perfect and beautiful  I went home and cried too....so I know what you mean.  Soon it will be your turn!

Blue:  Your next cycle just has to work.  There are so many people here, including me, who are pulling for you.  I want this so much for you.  Try to stay positive and feel us around you supporting you!  grouphug.gif

AFM:  Nothing new here.  I am taking the suppositories twice a day, the prometrium 3 times a day and the IM progesterone once a day.  I am a complete basketcase!  wild.gif  I am so drowsy from the prometrium.  I wake up every morning feeling like I have a hangover from it...dry mouth, headache and exhausted.  But whatever it takes...I'll do it.  I have myself in a complete panic that I am going to lose this baby.  I hold my breath every time I go to the bathroom (which is a whole lot) thinking I will find blood.  I will feel better after I can see the heartbeat, but I will continue to worry....I POAS last night so that I could see an actual positive sign for once (and to make sure HCG still measureable).  I see the doctor tomorrow and get scanned and bloodwork.  Very anxious...  Then my parents come Tuesday.  I am not sure if I mentioned that they had to cancel their trip last month because they both came down with the flu.  It will be really nice to see them, but I am so tired, entertaining will not be easy...  And they do not know about the pregnancy.  We will not share that info for a few more months.  I would like to wait until after the amnio, to make sure the baby is ok, but DH may push me to tell before then.  Not until we are past the first trimester though...  I am soooo happppy..but sooo scared.

To All:   wave.gif

#85 of 547 Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 AM

I have a question for all of you who know how these boards work....  how do you put the little "blurb" about yourself that pops up under your posts?  Like where Blue talks about being a mom to her wonderful dog?  I will never figure these sites out!!!

#86 of 547 Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 AM
rcr

Praying - look at the top of the page, there is a purple bar. The last button on that bar is "my profile" you can change the blurb if you go there.

Aura - hug2.gif We have all had expriences like that. A woman at work has had 3 kids since I had DS.

Praying - my DH always pressures me to tall the world before I am read too. Next time I am not telling anybody until the baby is crowning. Seriously.

Deborah - hope everything was ok. I am thinking about you too.

Blue - I guess yay for AF arriving. Now that you know how the interlipids works, and have that all settled, it should be a pretty fast cycle, right?

Kali - those sounds like pregnancy symptoms to me too!

Sap - Congrats!!!!

AFM - I am nervious about rising progstrone with every appointment. At this point my last cycle was still ok, but it would have been canceled tomorrow. The cycle before that was canceled on stim day 5 (today). If I make it past tomorrow without rising progestone I will feel a lot better.

#87 of 547 Old 03-26-2012, 01:53 AM

rcr - That is great news!! You are in my thoughts!!

aura - I have experienced the same before.  A cousin of mine just got pregnant and I was sooo happy for her but it made me cry cause I have been trying so hard for so long.  Its hard not to be frustrated sometimes.  

prayinghard - Yes!! I am not getting my hopes up just yet because I know it could just be the medication I am on.  =(

I started spotting this morning.  It is 11 day past my transfer, I am a little discouraged but trying to stay positive.  I am thinking of taking a pregnancy test but not sure yet.  I have an EPT at home but I don't have the instructions for it cause I threw it away after I used the first one a few months back.  I have done a google search on how to read it and got mixed results as for what a positive is supposed to look like.  Are any of you ladies familiar with the EPT??? I want to know before I test.  

#88 of 547 Old 03-26-2012, 03:01 AM

RCR, yah to everything going smoothly!! I hope the gannerilix works and keeps the eggs where they should stay until retrieval! Did they give you an idea as to when they think retrieval will be? I'm so excited for you and following your week anxiously! Are you getting your progesterone level tested today? let us know how it goes!

Blue, yah to AF and to speaking with the doctor on April 5th. it sounds like this month is a natural month without intervention, then? I'm with Praying...we're all waiting for this to work for you!

Praying, UGH to oral prometrium! I took oral prometrium for my first IUI and that was the only drug in the whole bevy of drugs I took that kicked me in the bum. In those 1.5 weeks I took the prometrium, i had more mood swings and I felt more exhausted and dizzy than my whole current pregnancy combined! I begged my RE for another option the next time around. They suggested crinone but it was like 300 a tube for a week at that time so I ended up using prometrium vaginally. My gosh though, you are definitely getting a huge dose of progesterone and basically, in every route possible. They are definitely keeping you covered! Can't wait to hear the results of your US! Don't let DH push you until you're ready. My DH told all his friends about my pregnancy weeks before I ended up telling my friends. I just wasn't ready. In fact, I JUST posted my belly shot on Facebook on Saturday because before then, I just told a select group of friends. I'm still nervous and will probably continue to be nervous until my babies are in my arms. And then I'll be nervous for another reason, I'm sure...haha

Aura, hug2.gif. I think we've all felt that way before. It's just such a tough experience, especially if the other person didn't have fertility issues. You know the worst part? I don't know if it is me being extra sensitive or catty, but i just found out that a friend of my DH's is pregnant and I was still bothered. They didn't take long to get pregnant and are due in September. All I could think is thank goodness I'm pregnant now or I would be in a funk the size of Texas! It doesn't mean that I'm not happy for them. In fact, now that i had time to process it, I'm really very happy for them and excited but my first reaction was one of defense. But i love Blue's suggestion of just absorbing baby energy.

Kali, isn't it the worst that pregnancy symptoms are very similar to those you get with progesterone supplementation? Ugh! And don't count yourself out yet! I bled a little during the first few weeks of pregnancy too so it could be normal spotting. I don't know much about the EPT brand :o( I hope you figure out how to use it though and that it shows a BFP. thumb.gif

Everyone else, HI! Just checking in and stalking you all. I'm hoping that the end of March and the rest of Spring brings us a lot of wonderful news to celebrate!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#89 of 547 Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

aura - I'm cracking up at the obvious hints that ended with roses!!  Some men just don't get it!!  Seeing new babies is both so hard, and so wonderful.  I like the thought of using up all that good baby energy too.

saph - that is BEAUTIFUL!!!  Congratulations!!!  I can't wait to hear the beta numbers!!!  jumpers.gif

kali - Ugh, I hate that the symptoms could be either or!  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it's your BFP!!  Let us know tomorrow night.  Spotting still could be implantation! 

rcr - Sounds great, I'm hoping that this mornings appointment shows all remains good, let us know! 

blue -  Yay for AF and a consult coming up soon!  Why would you thaw both but only transfer 1?  Just curious.

praying - Wow, that's a TON.  I imagine you ARE exhausted!  Keep the news to yourself until YOU'RE ready.  I think I was 15 weeks before all but about 3 people knew.  We just weren't ready to share the good news!!

AFM - Just hoping that AF shows up in the next few days as she is supposed to, but I have NO symptoms that it's going to happen.... hmmm....

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#90 of 547 Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 AM
rcr

Hope - Don't trust symptoms. :)

AFM - appointment went well, but the big anxiety is the progestrone level, which I won't know until this afternoon. 5 nice eggs plus some little ones. One is a bit larger than the rest, so hopefully it holds out and lets the others catch up. I am so anxious about my progestrone level I am having a hard time working. I haven't made it this far without it rising.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page