Spring IVF Thread: Bring on the BFPs! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 547 Old 04-09-2012, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Gelly: sorry to have missed you out before.  I hope your BFN is a fluke but if not hug2.gif cycles not working sucks.

Blue and hope: thanks I'm finally feeling better! Blue u r right I've had so many bugs already this year I think it's a combo of: being stressed/rundown, work policy meaning we all work when sick and everyone shares there germs and the same policy meaning I can't rest up when I start getting ill.  I've booked loads more weekends away so hopefully that will help the time pass.

Hope: hope your feeling better too.

Alphen: good luck with your tww!

AFM: finally not sneazing much and eating lots of choc!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#242 of 547 Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is anyone else having trouble posting?

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#243 of 547 Old 04-10-2012, 10:48 AM

I have written several posts over the last week and none of them would submit.  I would hit the button and they would just sit there...UGH!!!  Now, of course, I can not remember a thing I said.  GRRR!

Gelly:  Sorry about your BFN.  When do you get your beta results?  Could it possibly be too early?

Hope:  Sorry you are feeling so lousy.  I had nothing like that with the follistim.  I think you have the flu, my friend!  Hope you feel better soon.

Blue:  Ohhhh, those poor little bunnies!  That makes me so sad.  I am so sensitive with things related to animals.  I don't know what it is, but they really affect me.  DH thinks I'm nuts.  Glad that you have a new plan.  I hope that everything works out with your schedule.  How is your tush?    All healed from all of the progesterone shots? 

Silver:  Glad to hear that you are finally feeling better.  How can your job make you work sick?  That is ridiculous!  Where do you work?

Alphahen:  Welcome back.  Good luck with your FET!

AFM:  Saw and heard my baby's heartbeat yesterday!  It was magical!  Still on all the medicine, but hoping to start tapering next week, when I will be released from the RE's office.  Yeah!!!!  I am extremely tired all the time and am starting to have some nausea....mostly when I let my blood sugar drop.  When I get hungry I need to eat...NOW, or the nausea sets in.  But, I am not complaining!  My butt is all bruised from the daily shots, but not really any pain.  Hanging in.

I can't flip to the last page but...  whoever asked about their trasfer on the 13th???  I got pregnant with DS on halloween and the beta results on Friday the 13th.  I think it is a good omen!

everyone else...wave.gif

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#244 of 547 Old 04-10-2012, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

hi ladies, just popping in to say hi! i hope everyone is doing well.  same ole here, but the internet is spotty so i'm popping in just for a sec.  af is here, just a month to go until my consult.  i should probably get my records....

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#245 of 547 Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 PM

Thanks everyone...it was a BFN. The nurse said that my beta was negative...both tests. I think that we will take a break. I want to loose some weight..I'm joining a gym and maybe Weight Watchers as well. I really think if I drop some lbs then maybe I can capture that elusive BFP.

I hope that eveyone else is doing well.

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#246 of 547 Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 AM

Gelly - sorry to hear about the BFN!!!!  Crap! hug2.gif  Glad you have a plan in mind and good luck w/ your weight loss journey.  Fingers crossed that will be your answer and the next time it will for sure be a BFP!!!

Aura - what is the date of your appt?  This is w/ a SIRM dr right??  I'll be interested in hearing what all they do different than your last RE.

Praying - Yay for a good heartbeat!!!!!!!!  Wahooo!!!  joy.gif Hope you have a H&H9M.  I know i about started to cry when we found the bunnies dead and I was like "hello, I'm going to cry over wild bunnies in my yard"...lol.  Just a softy for animals i guess.  Yes, my tush is better, thanks.  I think once AF hit it started to feel better so maybe it was hormonal too, i don't know.  My RE did say that some people just don't tolerate certain oils so i might have been having a reaction to the new oil.  I told him i'll just use crinone the next time b/c i still have some left and i don't want to take a chance again b/c it was a real pain.

Silver - how are you feeling?  Hope you are over your cold.

rcr - how are you doing?  Just thinking of you and hoping things are going well.  Did you have any more luck w/ getting a appt w/ a different RE in your area? 

Hope - how are things going w/ you?  How's your cycle going so far and how are you feeling?  Do you think it was a bug or from the shots? 

Alpha - Welcome back!!!  Fingers crossed for you w/ this FET.  How many did you put back in?

Deborah - a shed in the yard will be a good place to get away and lose the distractions!!!  It can be your little retreat.  Sure has a nice floor for a shed!!!!

Hi to everyone else.. I'm sure i missed a few but i was just looking back on the last pg or 2 of posts and going from there.

AFM - not much going on here.  Finally have a day off today, been working like mad lately!! Someone figured out how to get the baby gate open at the bottom of the stairs and decided to come and join me in bed this morning which means no sleeping in for me on my day off.  Sometimes I think DH doesn't fully lock the gate on purpose b/c he hates putting her in her "condo" when he goes to work in the morning. LOL!! Anyways, I'm suppose to get my meds delivered today, but late last night i realized that I forgot to call Freedom back yesterday, they left me a message while i was working yesterday.  So i'm hoping that they will still be delivered today and it's not messed up.  They don't open this morning until 9am so i have to wait to call them back.  I start stims tomorrow night and we are on our way.  Haven't booked my intralipid appt yet b/c I really need to figure out when AF will show up and then calculate from there to be sure to get the 7-10 day mark from the ET.  Okay, I've got a bunch of stuff to get done around the house today (laundry, cut grass etc.), so i better get moving.  Kinda seems quiet around here (thread) lately, doesn't it?  Hope everyone is well.  I've been kinda slacking on my post b/c things have just been busy.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#247 of 547 Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

alpha - I didn't know you from before, but I hope you get your BFP on the 17th!!

Silver - I'm glad you're feeling better!  Chocolate makes everything better LOL

praying - I had some problems submitting late last week/early this week as well.  Ugh..  How exciting to hear the heartbeat!  I know I criiiiiied the first time I heard DD's heartbeat.  What a magical moment. 

aura - Hi wave.gif

gelly - I'm sorry that the beta's came back BFN.  Sounds like you have a good plan on moving forward though!!!

blue - yeah for a day off!  Exciting that you're getting things going!!  It does seem as though it's been quiet!! 

AFM - well, I felt like crap all day Monday and only worked 1/2 day.  Then I took Tuesday off as well.  Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't swallow, so I went to my PCP and I had strep throat. WTH?!  So they gave me amoxicillan.  Why in the world do they give such BIG pills to people who can't hardly swallow their own spit?!  I let the RE know, they were all good with it, so that was nice.  So I don't know if I got the flu and then strep throat, or if the strep just presented itself in a really strange way for me.  I never remember feeling like I had the flu first when I've had it in the past!!  So then last night I got more congested, and well today I can't breath.  I seriously need a break LOL.

On the IVF front, as I mentioned the RE didn't feel my illness as being an issue.  So Monday's u/s showed 2 follies at 10 and 20 less than 10.  My E was 139. The phlebotomist that is normally at my office wasn't there so a nurse drew my blood and it sucked.  Still have a HUGE bruise from it!! They left my doses all the same.  Then I went back in this morning, and the u/s tech spent MUCH more time counting and measuring.  My largest is at 16, then she specifically counted 8 more on the right and 6 more on the left that she feels we can get to maturity.  Which is good, because after the appt Monday DH and I actually discussed at what level (as I tend to make a lot) we will request cancellation - either too many follies or not enough.  This is our last chance, so we want to make sure we are a part of the decision making process.  Either way, when we first walked in to talk to the nurse afterwards, the first thing she said was 'wow, you really took off'.  She expects my E levels to be up there, and will let me know when they call me later after the meeting with the RE.  She's thinking they'll lower my dose of follistim (on 125 iu right now) to try to keep me from flying too high but allowing them to mature.  She feels that they'll probably see me back very soon to keep a close eye on me.  None of this surprises me after my experiences back in 2008.  I'm remaining calm about it. 

A friend of mine that struggled with IF (got #1 through IUI) included me on the MASS EMAIL on Tuesday that they're expecting number 2.  It was the FIRST time since we have officially started TTC#2 that I got miffed and upset by other people's pregnancies.  I mean really?  We used to talk for HOURS about our IF journeys, going through treatments and how hard they are, etc etc.  About a month or so ago I TOLD her we were getting ready to start IVF again.  And she includes me in the MASS EMAIL?  WTF??  It's obviously been bothering me, but I'm trying really hard to not let it.  I mean, of all people to notify me that way, why her?!

On a funny note, I found myself crying at the news the other day.  The story was about a woman who was in court waiting to be arraigned (or maybe tried?  I don't remember) for acting as a vet to fund her drug habit.  Seriously weepiness?  Gotta love hormones!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#248 of 547 Old 04-12-2012, 10:14 AM

Blue- The floor is a new addition- My brother installed it with help from my mom and my DH. I'm probably going to go get a few more items for the studio today and maybe look at paint colors. I have quite a few things to do today though, so some of that may have to wait until tomorrow.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#249 of 547 Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM

So, just talked to the nurse, we are getting more u/s and b/w Saturday at 8:30am.  She said my E was at 878 (that's awesome and low!  I mean, rocking!!!) so they're keeping me at the 5 units of Lupron and 125 iu of Follistim.  I am SO happy right now!  This cycle is going so much smoother than any of my last cycles went back in the day.  Maybe the positive attitude that I've attempted to maintain has helped, who knows.  Ahhh, it feels so good though.

Everyone is so quiet!  What's going on?

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#250 of 547 Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM

Hope - Yay for good news!!! That is great!!!  Keep us posted.

Deborah - They did a nice job on the floor!!

AFM - meds now aren't coming until tomorrow,for some reason. I called freedom back but they didn't have any idea why they called the first time, but i think it is b/c my insurance didn't cover the Lupron maybe so we have to pay OOP which i kinda knew already.  Who knows.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#251 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 05:45 AM

Hi! I was wondering if I could also join this thread for spring! I have almost completed all of my testing. Waiting to get the rest of my results. Then waiting for my insurance to start. After this, waiting to start IUI with assisted ovulation and cycle. Or possibly IVF.

I started trying conceive in 2009, Got very lucky and conceived after one month of TTC! After 8wks lost my first baby I wish could have been born healthy. After another year of trying we conceived again(was very excited) and expected everything to go as planned, to give birth to a beautiful healthy baby! After about six wks. we lost that pregnancy. I was mortified, that this could happen again; and was very unexpected. After this hard trial, I was told that no one would even do testing until I had lost 6pregnancies. I didn't really persist to find answers, I was just told it was very normal. All doctors I spoke to told me that I should wait at least three cycles. One told me to wait six, and to go on birth control! I was so confused and upset. I knew that couldn't be right. What could I do, I wasn't a doctor. And DH wouldn't listen to me at all. From my research I found that I could try again whenever I felt ready. !!!! SO frustrating!!!

I started to just immerse myself in work and forget about everything that had happened. Two and a half yrs go by and no positive results. Than out of the blue SIL gets pregnant(had no idea she even wanted kids). She is now expecting her first baby in July. She told me at 8wks., after I went into the bathroom and could not come out until sobbing for almost twenty min. My PIL are very ecstatic about the pregnancy, but did not know I was pregnant before I had to tell them. They were very inconsiderate towards me even after being reminded numerous times, what had happened.

I  continue to have very little support and understanding from family and friends.

Since finding out about SIL's new pregnancy, I got two positive pregnancy tests in January. It did not work out.

Now going through all testing. Waiting. Praying. And counting the days till I can finally proceed with IUI and assisted cycle. Or prospectively IVF.

I hope and pray that I have enough money, the strength to carry on with persistence. The patience to pursue my dream on having my own family!

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#252 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 06:28 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Gelly - I am so sorry for the BFN. I hope your break helps.

Blue  - Is the delay in meds going to delay your cycle? Or can you just start a day later?

deport - welcome. I am sorry for all of the m/cs. I think you will find a lot of support here. All of us have had a rough road of losses, IF, treatments, unsupportive comments from family and friends, etc. Some of us have been here for years and are still trying. Others are lucky enough to get pregnant "quickly" and move on. In any case, feel free to let it all out. What kind of testing have you done? Have they given you any explanation for the losses?

Hope - I am so glad things are looking good for you!

Deborah - it is nice to see you around here more often. I hope the new project is healing to you.

Aura - what date is your consult? My appointment is April 24th (see my AFM)

Silver - nice to see you back! Sorry you were sick. Hope you are doing well now.

Praying - yay for a strong HB!

AFM- I haven't been around here much, just because not much is going on. Just waiting as usual! I have two appointments on April 24th with two different REs. One is the egg donor clinic RBA, which has a big frozen egg program (and guarenteed two blasts), which seems really attractive. The costs are about the same for me for a fresh donor cycle or a frozen donor egg cycle, so most people would go for a fresh donor egg cycle (more eggs), but I am leaning toward frozen because it takes less time, there is no need to sync my cycle with somebody else, and I am not really looking for siblings (since I have a sibling now with DS) - just a baby.  The other appointment is with a more traditional RE (no frozen egg program). I am also waiting for DHs DNA sperm test to come back next week. If that comes back normal we will definetely do donor eggs and maybe sperm. If it comes back showing a problem with his sperm, I am wondering if that means we should do donor sperm IUIs or another IVF. I am still annoyed with my RE for not telling us about the test after my first IVF. I think I will cancel the other appointment with the more traditional RE if the DNA sperm test comes back all fine, since we know we won't be using my eggs if that is the case.

I already got my records from my old RE, so I am all ready for the new appointments.

I am also working on not obsessing about TTC and IF, and trying to loose weight in the meantime. I feel like I have lost so much time to obsessing about IF in the last 4 years, I just need to move on. We are still trying, but I am also moving on, if that makes sense at all.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#253 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 08:54 AM

Deportivo: I'm sorry you've been thru so much. My SIL is due in July w/her 3rd and I found out the morning I was to start my injections for IVF. So bawled as well. So hard. I just wanted to say that you should make sure your RE does some recurrent loss testing before you start spending tons of money to get pregnant. I had a chemical and a miscarriage and my RE insisted I do the tests before I could do IVF. My sister spent oodles of time and money on IVF only to figure out that she would miscarry every time due to a genetic issue. If your RE won't do the tests, find another doctor. I'd be surprised if an RE wouldn't though. Good luck to you - I hope you get your take home baby soon!!

Blue: I hope the meds go well! Ugh for a med mixup!

RCR: I hate the waiting! Let us know how both the appointments go. I'm so excited for you! Also, if you end up using donor sperm, have you considered donor embryo? There is a place near me called California Connections that lets you do 3 tries with donor embryos and if you don't get a baby out of (not just pregnancy, a baby) you get your money back. I think it's only 10k for that! Way cheaper than paying for both eggs and sperm!

I have a friend who's husband had a vasectomy before they met. She'd told me they extracted sperm from him and she did IUI twice and got pregnant on the 1st try each time. It gave me so much hope bc she said the numbers were all super crappy for the sperm and the clinic told her to do IVF. But then I started wondering how she could have done IUI bc sperm taken from the testes can't swim - that is why clinics say you need IVF. So she finally told me that they used donor sperm. It really made no difference to them that her husband doesn't have the bio link. I was glad she told me.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#254 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 12:11 PM
rcr

Vegan - I would do donated embryos, but around here they are hard to find. I have been on my REs waiting list for over a year, and they say that it could be another year before I get up to the top of the list. I am going to talk to RBA about it - they don't have any info on their web site regarding donor embryos, but surely they must have a program, I assume. I am a pretty close drive to RBA, so that is one part of the reason for going with them. Good to know about california connections though.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#255 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 PM

Vegan Princess- hey, thank you for the welcome. Yes, I am almost done all of my testing for recurrent loss. My RE ordered basically all of the testing that you can do for recurrent loss. His plan was to exhaust all of the testing and if nothing was found, than we will just keep trying till we get it to stick. My tubes are open and I just finished the 3D ultrasound. She told me that everything looked good so far. Which is good and bad news. Bad because I still don't know what could be wrong, and good because it seems so far that everything should be working. Me and DH are almost done sperm test, hormone tests and genetic test. Some of the tests have been repeated for genetics tests. That is ok, the more done the better.

So, everything will be completed before I move on to IUI and assisted cycle. I also am meeting with a new family doctor, and my previous doctor was going to refer me to a high- risk pregnancy obstetrician. Which I am going to ask the new doctor to do the same when I get pregnant again.

I am still waiting to go back to see RE and come up with our completed detailed plan, I will make another appointment when all testing is complete.

Your completely right I wouldn't want to start shelling out tuns of money for IFV and than discover there is a simple fix to me losing my pregnancies.

rcr- Thank you so much for the welcome. There is no explanation so far for the recurrent losses. I have done numerous ultrasounds, just recently completed my 3D ultrasound with the dye test. They found no blockage with my tube, they are open. I am doing all of my genetics testing. Etc. and almost completed all of my hormone tests.

Thank you for mentioning that I can 'let it all out' it is so hard. What I really need is to just be talking to women that are in similar situations as me. Or maybe gone before me and started the journey through IVF or IUI etc.

Look forward to talking to you more.

Hope to get to know everyone else here better.

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#256 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 PM

I was wondering, has anyone found doing acupuncture to help with their procedures. Or anyone doing that?

#257 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
rcr

Vegan - just checked out the CA conceptions web site. They look great, and 10,000 for a guarenteed baby sounds amazing. They say that they don't take insurance, but I am definetely keeping them in the back of my head in case we run out of insurance. That is something we could probably afford (or at least go into debt for!), if it comes to that.

#258 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

rcr- you're on fire! i'm very impressed with all the progress you've made.  how close is RBA to you?  I'm eager to go to SIRM but annoyed that it's an hour drive.  i'm so spoiled! my previous RE was a 20 min drive (to either of their locations near me).  plus i have to debate if i will take the bus in and be a slave to the bus schedule, or if i'll drive, but have to pay for parking.  i know you and blue both drive very long distances, and i remember renavoo did too! how did you manage it? where did you get your local work done?

deportivo, welcome! i will add you to the front page if you'd like.  we're all going through similar things here, and these ladies have been amazing when i've been both elated and depressed.  it's good to have people actually know what you're coming from.  i've been doing acupuncture for a year now.  it's supposed to be really great for me (with PCOS) and it's really helped me cope with all the symptoms of stim cycles and just stress in general.  i think if you can afford it, and if you can find a practitioner you trust, it's totally worth it.  the new clinic i am going to go to has an on staff acupuncturist as they really believe it is beneficial.  

vegan, that's funny about your friend!  i've already made up similar stories for my cowokers.  my dh has retrograde ejaculation due to diabetes, and we decided to use a donor.... most of my close friends knew we had an issue, but i just told them that the drs were able to "get it out".  most people don't ask!  (except for people who went through this!)

blue, did the meds come?  what's going on?  will you be able to start on time?   so glad your butt feels better :P  

hope, i'm jealous of your positive energy! you sound great, i am so excited for you.  a smooth cycle is the best!  what are your upcoming dates?  i'll add them to the front page!

gelly, sorry it was a bfn.  ww is awesome, i was doing it for a while.  i fell off the south beach wagon and am stuck at a 20lb weight loss. let me know how it works! 

afm, dh is away in mobile, alabama for the weekend, so i'm laying around watching tv.  tomorrow i'll see my bf's baby and i know it will get me a little down.  i will then remedy that by going to another friend's birthday party, where i hear there will be some *punch*.  i can't wait!  rcr, my appt is may 8.   i'm so envious you got into RBA so quickly!  i hope my two month wait means that this dr is really awesome.  

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#259 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 05:41 PM

RCR: That's awesome you can drive to RBA! That is  HUGE plus! I have a friend from another board who used CA connections and she is pregnant from her first try. :-) So lovely to see after watching her go through something like 7 attempts at IVF with her own eggs! She didn't want to risk doing donor egg and having there be issues w/her DH's sperm too. 

Deportivo: That's great you finally found a doc that is willing to exhaust all avenues! I hope the tests either say you have something easy to fix or that they find nothing. Bc the docs are right sometimes when they say that often there is no cause of a miscarriage other than bad luck that time. But it will help alleviate some worry when you are pregnant again, knowing that you won't have something crazy pop up. As for acupuncture. I did acupuncture weekly in preparation for IVF. I went to a community clinic that was only $20 each time. And I paid $500 to have a guy come do acupuncture in the room right before my IVF transfer and then again right after the transfer. It is supposed to significantly increase the odds of implantation. Can't say for sure if it helped or not. But it was super relaxing and his supposed stats that he keeps seem to really back it up. I still go to acu regularly to treat allergies.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#260 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 07:42 PM

Aura - Hope you are able to absorb all that baby energy and then enjoy the "juice" after that!!!!!  About your question, see my AFM.

Deportivo - Welcome!! Sorry we are meeting here but this is a great group.  I hope your stay here is short and sweet.  Hopefully you won't need IVF and will have good luck w/ IUI.  So sorry to hear about all of your losses.  hug2.gif I've done acupuncture several times and we still haven't gotten pregnant but I do think it really does help w/ my cycles in general though but it can get really expensive and that is why I haven't done it lately.  I believe, it can't hurt.

rcr - wow, you have been really busy it sounds w/ all the calls and setting up all the appointments.  Fingers crossed for you that you get some good info and I can't wait to hear about your DH's test results.  I'd be kinda mad too.  Grrrr.  See my afm below.

AFM - getting ready to head to bed but wanted to update real quick.  Don't know what happened w/ the meds, they didn't seem to have an explanation when I called so who knows.  The meds showed up today and i was fine b/c i still had some Lupron left from my last cycle, so all is well.  I took my 20 units tonight so we are on our way.  Just have to wait for AF to show up and then I will start the estrace and get the show on the road.  Night all.  Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!  Love weekends!!!!

#261 of 547 Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 PM

auraleigh- Yes, please you can add me to the front of the page. That's good to hear, I am going to look into doing acupuncture too than.

Vegan Princess-yeah that is what I heard too! About implantation, and that must be why they recommend it for IVF. I will possibly be able to afford some of the appointments to do that. I think that some of the cost will be covered by my insurance. If anything, it also I am hoping will relieve stress. We could all use a lot of that. lol! A long time ago I did acupunture and I felt amazing after. Like someone lifted all the pressure off my shoulders. I was so relaxed after. So, I think I am going to give it a shot.

blueyezz4- thank you for the welcome. I hope I have good luck with IUI. I can't wait till I can start. I kind of feel like even though all the appointments and everything, I almost feel like some of the pressure is lifted from me. Like, I don't have to just rely on my body to do all the work. Also, the sperm doesn't have to do all the work either. I am just wanting someone else to intervene and help with this. So, I am looking forward to building a plan with my RE. I am relieved I am almost done with the testing. It can be a lot, and so overwhelming.

My pregnant SIL has complained so much about how many appointments she has with Obstetrician etc. But, I bet I have twice as many appointments to go to, just to try to get pregnant. Yesterday was about my seventh ultrasound so far and not one baby yet. Much more to come. At least I know where I want to get my obstrical ultrasounds done, since I have been everywhere.

hola.gifHi everyone else. I am going to order this book tomorrow. Has anyone else read this book; Waiting for Daisy: by Peggy Orenstein. Anyways seems like it would really be worth reading. I will let everyone know if it is good!

Thanks everyone for letting me join.

#262 of 547 Old 04-14-2012, 02:40 PM

Deportivo- Please let us know how that book is.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#263 of 547 Old 04-14-2012, 06:45 PM
rcr

Aura / vegan - It is about a 2 hour drive to RBA. But my last RE was a 2 hour drive in the other direction, although they had a "local" clinic that was 45 min. away. We are in a rural area. However, DH works out of town, and we have an apartment there (ATL), so RBA is actually only like 15 minutes from his apartment, so we can just stay there when we have apointments. I also have another apointment, like I said, at the clinic that Montesortof used. I am thinking that I will go just in case. DH and I spoke last night about IF. I told him about CA conceptions, and how I thought that if we either lost our insurance, or used up all of our tries and didn't get pregnant, at least we could use them as a back-up plan, since we could probably find the money to pay for that. I hope they don't change their guarented baby deal soon, though. Thanks for the info, Vegan!

Deport - I did accupuncture for a while - I didn't like the woman who I was going to, and there is nobody else in town, so I stopped going. It was kinda expensive too, which was another reason for stopping.

Blue - Glad to hear you are on your way!!

#264 of 547 Old 04-15-2012, 08:17 AM

Hey guys - I'm sorry, I don't have time for personals right now, but I wanted to do a quick update.  I went in for another appt yesterday, and I had tons and tons of follies and me e2 was at 2969.  So I triggered last night at 10 for a 10am retrieval tomorrow morning.  The RE said he thinks I'll have between 10 and 16 mature eggs, so I hope he's right.  My birthday was yesterday (32!) so I'm hoping that this'll all be the best birthday present ever!!

deborahbgkelly likes this.

#265 of 547 Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 PM

hope4light-crossing my fingers for you! happy birthday. that would be an amazing birthday present. Hope you get what you wish for.babyf.gif

#266 of 547 Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 PM

For those of you who do acupuncture (I did through most of my first trimester), don't forget you can deduct it at the end of the year on your taxes. I had no idea acupuncture, massage, chiropractics, and infertility treatment costs, etc. were deductible until we were filling out the forms in February.

#267 of 547 Old 04-15-2012, 05:45 PM

I believe you can only deduct medical expenses if they exceed a certain % of your income. 6% maybe? I can't recall. I was so bummed bc our income was inflated last yr bc we cashed in an IRA to use as a down payment on our house. So adding up all the IUIs, IVF, etc. still didn't quite hit the level. :-( I think normally it would have with the IVF on board. 

#268 of 547 Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 AM
rcr

Hope - Good luck!!

#269 of 547 Old 04-16-2012, 01:51 PM

For medical expenses it's 7%.  Keep in mind that if you used any kind of flex account, etc, those are already pre-tax so can't be counted.  FWIW - it's better to use the money pre-tax if you can versus writing it off!

Thanks ladies for the wishes!  Retrieval went well this morning.  I went into it for some reason crazy nervous that there wouldn't be any eggs.  I can't tell you why, probably just hormonal irrational fears.  But, they didn't come true!  They got 25 eggs!  I'll find out tomorrow morning the fertilization report, so I'll make sure I update you guys once I hear!

#270 of 547 Old 04-16-2012, 03:52 PM

Wow- 25 eggs! I had 5 at mine last fall and the doc was only able to pull 2 out.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page