~~Infertility ONE thread, April 2012~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 203 Old 04-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies, 

Can I join you?   

My history with infertility is not as long or deep as many of your stories, but I empathize with everyone here. Our daughter took us 14+ cycles to conceive; we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, and had two early losses before we really started trying to conceive.  In the end, Clomid alone did the trick for us, and we were blessed with a really amazing little girl.  We started trying for number 2 around her first birthday, knowing that it could take us a while to conceive. We started Clomid two cycles ago after trying for 6 months for #2, thinking that it would do the trick since it worked for us to conceive DD.  

But, today after visiting my ObGyn for a follicle check at 15dpo and after taking 100mg of clomid (CD 3-7), we found no mature follicles even despite getting a + OPK and a peak reading on my monitor. So, it seems as though my body is having trouble producing mature follicles, and that my LH is surging before my follicles are mature. Does anybody know if this is a problem that could be related to breastfeeding or is it unrelated?  Do you think that we could successfully address this by using FSH injections/HCG combo without weaning DD, or does it seem necessary to wean before investigating/pursuing treatment with an RE?  

I'm torn because I really don't want to wean my DD (who is still nursing 4-10 times per day), but we are ready to be pregnant again and add to our family. Is anyone else here breastfeeding as well? 

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 203 Old 04-12-2012, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Wow, shesaidboom, that is crazy.  Hope you can get some things figured out.

FreedEm11, I hope your stay will be short and a bfp is on its way, maybe even now.  Given my experience (TTC for 1 year with hypothyroid), I would definitely recommend getting your DH's sperm checked, just to make sure there are swimmers there to do the job.  Mine was checked out and we are dealing with no sperm and trying to take our next steps to figure out why.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#63 of 203 Old 04-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

shesaidboom- wow, that is a really long tme between this appointment and when you may realistically start. Hopefully your cardiologist to pull some strings... holy moly. I don't know much about the thyroid, prolactin or the screwy things on the head of the sperm (first I've heard of it actually!!!) but it sounds like you have a lot of new things to look into. Hypothyroid can be major in pregnancy and weight loss so maybe that will open new doors for you. Thinking of you and glad to have you back.

Chica- I've missed having you around but am so glad you have been able to relax some.

Welcome new friends- thank you for posting your stories. This is a wonderful group of ladies and you will find so much support here.

Milk- The 16th is taking sooooo looooong! Seriously! You are SO patient (even if inside you probably aren't feeling patient!). Darn that doctor for going on holiday (jealous really). The 22nd is a seriously long time too, is prednisone the treatment for NKC & what else are you expecting. Did you test positive for MTHFR? You will just have to post and chat with us to keep yourself occupied. Your doctor is an Asshat, seriously...Also, I'm glad I'm not a dentist too!

hope- Feel better soon! How many more days of stims!? Can't wait for your retrieval- come on eggies!

smiles- It seems like your appointment is taking forever too. Sounds like all doctors get the asshat label today, seriously they wont let you schedule until his SA was done and they make you wait 8 weeks. Frustrating. When do you get the SA results? This is the one time when cysts causing these crazy cycles sounds promising!

wissa- It seems like a lot of women who also have scraping of the uterus (like a polyp or fibroid or something) don't have a regular menstrual cycle but so far things seem to be progressing normally. Wait and see now for whenever AF comes.

AFM: I slept like crap last night and I miss my hubby. That is all. DH birthday is tomorrow, the big two seven. Blargh. I'm actually not in a crummy mood even if it seems that way, just tired and sick of waiting. Waiting for DH to get home, waiting for O, waiting for AF, waiting for doctor appointments and followups and results. We are all in the same boat... sigh.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#64 of 203 Old 04-12-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

Wow, shesaidboom, that is crazy.  Hope you can get some things figured out.

FreedEm11, I hope your stay will be short and a bfp is on its way, maybe even now.  Given my experience (TTC for 1 year with hypothyroid), I would definitely recommend getting your DH's sperm checked, just to make sure there are swimmers there to do the job.  Mine was checked out and we are dealing with no sperm and trying to take our next steps to figure out why.

Thank you.

We definitely want to get him checked soon. We have to get a few insurance things figured out first. 

I'm sorry you guys are dealing with no sperm. Dh's cousin (who is more like a sister) and her hubby have been ttc for 6 years and she was finally able to convince her husband to get checked two weeks ago. They found out he is only producing 50% of what he should be and 97% of that half is dead... needless to say they taught us a valuable lesson in getting checked soon. I really hope things work out for you guys.

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
#65 of 203 Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM

FreedEm, that is the crazy thing with fertility - all the female and male interactions have to align, be healthy, have the right hormones at the right time, etc for a pregnancy.  Absolutely insane.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#66 of 203 Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

FreedEm, that is the crazy thing with fertility - all the female and male interactions have to align, be healthy, have the right hormones at the right time, etc for a pregnancy.  Absolutely insane.

How true is this. I was at the hospital doing some of my testing today. And came across so many amazing articles. I took this one magazine from the LIFE QUEST office. And so glad I did, not only did it validate all of my feelings that I have silently been suffering, it is full of so much valuable information. It gets so complicated. Before, I have been just going it alone. Now I realize how much it has to do with DH as well as me. I have been trying to educate him slowly. He is starting to come around and co-operate.

Milk- yeah, I noticed you on this thread. I was wondering about you and how you were doing with everything. I guess I missed a lot.

Everyone- Hopefully I can get to know you a lot better. I am still just getting used to the idea of my realization; of myself not getting pregnant on my own. And come to terms with myself and infertility.

It is difficult to come to terms with plans not going the way I always dreamed and imagined. Also how I envisioned this happening for everyone else. I am starting to understand and appreciate that life is a very very precious thing. I don't think I would have realized this the way that I do now, if I didn't know what I know now. How delicate life can be.

Somehow my body is not doing what I thought it automatically was supposed to do.

But I wont' let go, until I am blessed.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#67 of 203 Old 04-12-2012, 07:42 PM

I'm miles behind. But real quick I need to get a few things off my chest - 

Shesaidboom - I'm frustrated for you and agree with Milk on perhaps looking for a new RE? I'm so sorry you are dealing with more than you thought as roadblocks in losing the weight. I'm also pissed (but thankful to my RE!) about your DH's sperm info you didn't know about. My RE skipped any other tests and went straight to having him do the SPA (which was $400) because that's all that matters. If the sperm can actually penetrate the egg (well and guess if it can fertilize it and and split dna is pretty important too). We now know that even with not great (though much better!) motility and low morphology (though haven't tested to see where) that he can penetrate an egg!!! Now we just have to make it my egg...

Milk - High five on requesting copies!

Wow lots of newbies. Welcome!

Deportivo - I also recognize you from the loss thread.

Em - Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but honestly looking at your chart it doesn't look like you have ovulated at all.

Zub - Hi love! Greens! He wasn't eating ANY before. Now a green smoothie 5-6x wk and a green juice 1-2x day! He still doesn't eat salad what the heck...

AFM - It's been a helluva week. We canceled our camping trip because first DH was sick then DS had a fever for 2.5 days and slept for what seemed like 2 days straight. It was all just so sad. I'm well, but sick husbands are babies. I'll be back tomorrow for more.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#68 of 203 Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilaMarila View Post

I'm miles behind. But real quick I need to get a few things off my chest - 

Shesaidboom - I'm frustrated for you and agree with Milk on perhaps looking for a new RE? I'm so sorry you are dealing with more than you thought as roadblocks in losing the weight. I'm also pissed (but thankful to my RE!) about your DH's sperm info you didn't know about. My RE skipped any other tests and went straight to having him do the SPA (which was $400) because that's all that matters. If the sperm can actually penetrate the egg (well and guess if it can fertilize it and and split dna is pretty important too). We now know that even with not great (though much better!) motility and low morphology (though haven't tested to see where) that he can penetrate an egg!!! Now we just have to make it my egg...

Milk - High five on requesting copies!

Wow lots of newbies. Welcome!

Deportivo - I also recognize you from the loss thread.

Em - Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but honestly looking at your chart it doesn't look like you have ovulated at all.

Zub - Hi love! Greens! He wasn't eating ANY before. Now a green smoothie 5-6x wk and a green juice 1-2x day! He still doesn't eat salad what the heck...

AFM - It's been a helluva week. We canceled our camping trip because first DH was sick then DS had a fever for 2.5 days and slept for what seemed like 2 days straight. It was all just so sad. I'm well, but sick husbands are babies. I'll be back tomorrow for more.

Yeah, don't worry about being the bearer of bad news. I would rather people be honest with me. I don't have a lot of hope for this month. I have no idea what happened with my temps but hopefully they will regulate this upcoming cycle... and if they are still all over the place we definitely have bigger problems.

Edit: Isn't it possible that fertility friend is right and I ovulated on the 4th? Making that big ol' dip implantation or something? Or is it not really possible since it's not following the normal temperature curve...?

hola.gif Married to and TTC with my best friend since 03/06/11 luxlove.gif. One angel.gif and hoping for our rainbow!. bouncy.gif In the meantime, just loving life and trusting God.
#69 of 203 Old 04-13-2012, 03:33 AM

FreedEm, when I looked at your chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c6195 that temp of 95.9 degrees at "5 dpo"  makes me think you haven't O'd like sila said.  The biggest thing to remember is that you are looking for trends.  Given a couple months of charts, then you can see what happens with you O.  Do you notice any egg white cervical mucus (EWCM)?  I don't see it noted on your chart.

TMI alert

AFM, I tried to look at a semen sample from a BD session under the microscope I brought home last night.  Didn't see anything, which is consistent with the initial diagnosis for DH.  I have a microscope with a 40X lens and 10X eyepiece which magnifies to 400 times and I found a couple videos on youtube where you could really see the sperm at 400 magnification.  DH and I are going to try for another sample to examine by manual means to look under the microscope so there aren't any impeding fluids that might be what we see.

#70 of 203 Old 04-13-2012, 04:40 AM

TF2B - I suspect that them waiting for dh to do his sa before booking me is from people in the past saying that they will do the sa and then never doing it.  I think that having to wait 5 weeks sucks but when I told dh about it his answer was 'that's great that's in no time', oh to have his perspective on life!

Lilac - I am a bit of a science geek so I think that what you are doing examining dh's sperm is awesome!!! 

Shesaidboom - Geesh, I mean so many of your test results indicate different things that can be affecting your fertility, I would be seriously pissed off and upset and just mad.  I hope that you get all of this figured out soon.  I am like you where I don't ask to see the results of any of my tests, if the doctor says everything is normal I accept that, maybe I need to start asking to see things myself.

Sila - Sorry your camping trip got cancelled, I hope that everyone feels better soon!

#71 of 203 Old 04-13-2012, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

shesaidboom - Wow, that sounds like quite the appointment.  I'm amazed at the items that the first doc never told you, now isn't this doc in the same office?  Is my memory serving me right?  I don't know much about prolactin levels, but I have heard it can make it more difficult to conceive for some (hence the difficulty for some while still breastfeeding).  I can't believe that you'll have to possibly wait until the beginning of next year!!!  That is SO wrong!  I agree with someone else who said it, maybe it's time to find a new RE altogether??  I think it's crap that you can't get in until November to the cardio, but it sounds like it's probably time to make sure all is still going OK.  Ah yes, the IVF class.  It sounds like places do it different, I know each RE I've been to does it just as a session with you and a nurse.  It's pretty informative.

I don't think I understand her 6 rounds of ovulation stimulation.  Why does she think it helps to do so many? 

And the whole thyroid thing pisses me off.  So the one RE is going to just say 'hey lose weight, I don't care how you do it' when that's not healthy to begin with, AND you have something that isn't helping that process any.  Wow.

FreedEm - I'm sorry that it's taking you so long!  I don't know much about reading fertility friend, but so many here do and can help out!!  I agree with getting your DH checked out though.  We also have moderately severe MFI, and it helps you to know what the appropriate treatment options are earlier on. 

moonstones - Welcome!  I hope that your stay is short and sweet.  Let me know if you'd like to have a blurb put on the front page, and what you would like it to say!  I had to wean my DD at 19 months in order to go through treatments again.  We have to go through IVF due to MFI.  For what it's worth, I went to 4 different RE's before choosing our new one (we don't live in the same city as when we went through treatments before) and ALL 4 of them advised that I needed to wean before starting the IVF process, which includes FSH and HCG.  One reason is because there aren't enough studies done to show how much of the meds get in the milk, and what their effects could be on a nursing baby.  The other reason is because nursing causes uterine contractions, I was advised that it COULD possibly cause an issue with implantation.  I'm not trying to convince you to stop nursing, becuase I will tell you it was one of the HARDEST decisions I made, and almost 2 months later I still miss it, and so does my DD.  However, I wanted to let you know what I was told.  For us, and the cost of IVF, we knew that it wasn't woth the chance that it could impede implantation.  Typically when you nurse your prolactin levels are high, which can also impede pregnancy, although I don't know too much about that.  I will say that each of the RE's had different time frames, one wanted 1 full cycle off from weaning before starting anything, one wanted 3, and 2 were willing to go right into it - one specifically telling me that because nursing does the same thing as Lupron (which is what I use to supress) so it just helps my body with the suppression, which you wouldn't have to worry about.  But for what it's worth!!

tf2b - I'm hoping just tonight!  I have another b/w and u/s on Saturday, and I'm hoping I have a bunch that are nice and ready for trigger Saturday night, but we'll see!!  I'm sorry that your having a crap time with the waiting.  I get it, totally.  Happy Birthday to your DH though!!!

deport -  I think so many of us spend the first part of this journey suffering in silence, thinking no one else feels this way.  That's why it's amazing to find a good group of women that totally GET IT.  But like you said, your DH has to be involved too.  He needs to at least be on board with what is going on.  I think in this group you'll find so many differing levels of involvement with husbands, that you're bound to find a 'match' to how yours feels about it all.  I know I always hate that other couples are going through this too, but to know that my feelings are valid, to be able to vent to someone who has been in the trenches, it's an amazing feeling.  It is so hard to come to terms with it.  To know that what has been, for centuries, a given for so much of the population, is NOT for you, well it sucks.  Take the time you need to get acquainted with it, because unfortunately you will be friends for a long time, even many years after you 'graduate' so to speak.  I have come through the trenches once (this is our second go round) and it has shaped my life, and my patience with my first miracle.

Sila - I hope everyone is feeling better!!!!

lilac - That's awesome.  I kinda want to get a microscope and try this at home LOL.  You rock in my world! 

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#72 of 203 Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I am wondering if I should set an appointment with the dr soon, like this weekendish? Or wait a few months, see if I find any patterns in my chart, and lose some weight. I'm stuck right now. If I'm not ovulating I want to start asap and if I am where do we go from here...?

#73 of 203 Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM

Em - Set an appt. You may as well do it now because it often takes weeks or months to get into an RE as a new patient. Also consider your insurance. Do you need a referral first? Do you have IF coverage? If so you may need to get a list of RE's your insurance works with. In the meantime continue to chart and lose the weight winky.gif You most likely will feel better once you set a date for an appt and have something ot look forward to. Also Re:SA's and insurance - If you don't want to go with an RE just yet your OB/GYN or his GP could order one and it's really the simplest and least expensive test (like $120 OOP I think...)

Lilac - My mom has a really cool microscope and now I want to borrow it...

shesaidboom - Did you Dr. say anything about the possibility of a Prolactinoma? I'm just wondering. PM Gozal for prolactinoma questions and info! Just an idea I had when thinking of you and your situation...

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#74 of 203 Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 AM

FreedEm - I'm for making the appointment now!

#75 of 203 Old 04-13-2012, 12:36 PM

Hope4light- thank you for saying that. yes, your completely right. The only thing that has made a world of difference in this situation is that I am starting to have my world be filled with other compassionate women going thru similar heartache. Where as before I thought my world was filled with all of these pregnant women and women that seem as though they could get pregnant with a sneeze. I am grateful to be a part of something way bigger than just myself.

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#76 of 203 Old 04-13-2012, 01:29 PM

Sorry, I don't know what an RE is. I **** need to find an ob gyn then I was just going to see them. I was going to use it as an opportunity to ask questions and find out what they think we should do. Is there anything I should be doing differently as far as this doctor situation goes?

#77 of 203 Old 04-13-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedEm11 View Post

Sorry, I don't know what an RE is. I **** need to find an ob gyn then I was just going to see them. I was going to use it as an opportunity to ask questions and find out what they think we should do. Is there anything I should be doing differently as far as this doctor situation goes?

Starting with an OB/GYN is fine. They can give you ideas and do basic testing and refer you onward if needed. An RE is a Reproductive Endocrinologist - a doctor specializing in infertility.

#78 of 203 Old 04-14-2012, 05:38 PM

smilesarefree, hope4light, SilaMarila this video of sperm is what inspired me to try it at home - at 100x magnification http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqVPYMCgUqs&feature=relmfu and at 400x magnification http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evc3I4eiX6k&feature=relmfu.  I had read about a lady doing at home insemination looking at a sample of the sperm she was using, and seeing the sperm moving around was reassuring to her.  Got a sample from DH today and like the doctor said, there was nothing in the semen.  I looked at some salt crystals and other things under the microscope to be sure I could find something.  It is almost the end of the school year and the teacher said she is past where they use microscopes so I can keep it over the summer.  In another month, I will try looking at his semen again to see if the vitamins and supplements DH is taking help.

Also I am going to look at the ferning pattern of my saliva under the microscope.  I had read about saliva microscopes and these pictures seem interesting http://generalsong.com/why_ovulationclear Just more information so see what is happening with my body and my husband's body.

#79 of 203 Old 04-14-2012, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hey ladies, I just got back from my trip, it was so much fun!

Charley - I can't wait to hear all about your lap!

krunchy - What does low red blood cell count have to do with aspirin? I've had a low white blood cell count for ages, I have no idea what it means or how it affects me, but maybe it has something to do with the whole bleeding situation. I haven't had any nosebleeds since I stopped the aspirin, thank god, though AF was quite something this month. I had one incident on the cruise - TMI ALERT - (during a formal dinner no less) when I literally felt like 2 cups of blood gushed out all in one shot and I had to run back to my cabin to make sure my dress wasn't ruined (it wasn't, but only because I ran VERY fast... the blood was running down my legs). I do think that incident could be related to the aspirin as well, DH says it can take a couple of weeks to stop affecting you (he's a pharmacist).

toothfairy - I'm glad you recovered fast! It will be interesting to see what ends up happening with your cycle this month.

teresa - glad to hear you only have to do 1 more IUI! IVF is scary but the stats are so amazing, I'm sure it will work for you!!! I just watched the first episode of Game of Thrones. I'm so excited it's starting again! I've read all the books multiple times, which gave me the advantage of understanding everything that was going on. We kept pausing it so I could explain to DH what was happening (he's seen season 1 and read the first book once).

Gemmine - I wish I had photos to share but we were too busy having fun and didn't take any!

lilac - I know what you mean about wanting to be pregnant just to avoid the horror that is AF every month. Actually my killer cramps are what first got me to suspecting endo. Though ever since I started taking progesterone, I don't really have AF cramps anymore (they're so mild I don't even need tylenol)... probably the only good side effect of progesterone! I think it's pretty normal for us ladies to be a lot more emotionally invested in the TTC process than the guys. My therapist also reminded me that guys process emotions differently than we do, and at different times, so just because our DH doesn't seem as upset as we do when things aren't working out, that doesn't mean he doesn't care about having a baby! Though being ok with it never working is a whole different story.... my DH definitely wouldn't be ok with us not having kids. Also, I nominate you for the awesomest TTCer of the month award for actually looking at your DH's sperm under a microscope!

deborah - your studio looks like its going to be lovely! I'm glad you're getting some happy news to cheer you up.

deportivo - Welcome! I totally understand how sad it is when you can't have the first grandchild. I am the oldest of 4 kids so I always assumed I'd be the first to give my parents a grandchild. Well my younger brother's wife, who started TTC after I did, is due this July. DH is also the oldest in his family, and his younger brother just had his 2nd kid. So we won't be the first for anything. If it's an option for you, I'd recommend seeing an infertility counselor or therapist. Infertility is one of the most difficult things that most of us will ever go through in our lives, and it's really great to have some help in dealing with all the emotions and depression and jealousy. I went through a very rough patch when I couldn't even go to work for 2 months because I was so depressed about infertility, but ever since I started seeing a therapist I feel 100 times better and everything is just so much easier to deal with.

hope - sorry you were sick. Dealing with med side effects and strep at the same time sounds awful!

Sila - so awesome about your DH's sperm. My DH has always had great sperm count and motility, but the one time we got the morphology tested it was below what they like to see. However the doctor didn't seem concerned about that since everything else was looking good.

chica - nice to hear from you! The whole Babies R Us thing is ridiculous though... talk about a horrible mistake!

Emily - Welcome! I remember your cousin Nicole very well! I was on the same thread as her for quite a while, she was a lot of fun. I think charting your cycles with the temps and everything is a great starting point to figuring out why you aren't pregnant yet. Have you read Taking Charge of your Fertility yet? That book is pretty much the bible of charting! Your chart is looking pretty crazy at this point, though hopefully after a couple of cycles of charting you'll be able to figure out your pattern and know if anything is strange with your cycles. A few months of charts is also a very useful tool to bring to a first doctor's appointment, since by then you'll already know whether you ovulate regularly and whether your luteal phase is adequate. If you're having any problems with ovulation (which according to your chart is possible), the Clomid may indeed be very helpful. I would definitely recommend going to see a doctor ASAP though because there are a lot of tests they can do to help figure out if anything is wrong.

Milk - yikes that appointment is pretty far off. Hopefully that time doesn't end up being a total waste if you end up getting some prescriptions from the hospital.

Smiles - oh man, still more waiting? Out of everyone here I think you are the most deserving of having your appointments come fast fast fast with menopause knocking on your door. Hopefully once you actually see the doctor he will realize this and fast-track you!!!

wissa - thanks for the input on your cycles after your laps! I think I a long cycle with no O would drive me crazy though, I've always had short cycles.

shesaidboom - what, more injectables? After your other RE agreed that you were ready for IVF?!?! That sucks. Though that's pretty much what my Dr said to me when I wanted to go straight to IVF... he wants me to do 3 IUIs with injectables before IVF to make that a total of 6 IUIs. Bleh. I really hope that everything works out quickly with the cardiologist so you can go straight to IVF after your 2 injectable cycles. I can't even get on the waitlist for IVF until I've done 3 more IUI's, and the wait list is 6 months long, so I probably won't be doing IVF until 2013. I really don't think IUI will work for me. Waiting sucks!!! However I've somehow managed to accept that I am going to be TTC for a LONG time and now I just kind of go with it. I'm still hopeful that I will be pregnant by my 31st birthday (which is in 11 months and 3 weeks hahah!) That's pretty upsetting about all the stuff your previous Dr didn't tell you. If you're getting all this info now though, it must mean that your new doctor is more open with you and better at keeping you informed right? Hopefully that leads to getting your BFP faster.

moonstones - welcome! I have never had the opportunity to breastfeed but from what I've read breastfeeding can suppress all kinds of stuff in your cycle, ovulation is probably one of them. I've heard of women on these boards who still hadn't gotten their PPAF after 2 years of breasfeeding, which means that they were not yet ovulating. I really have no advice to offer regarding whether you should wean though since I have no experience there. However I do know there is a thread for nursing mama's TTC and I bet you could get tons of great advice there: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1349473/nursing-mamas-ttc-april, though of course we'd love to have you here as well!

AFM - so I've spent the last week NOT taking meds, NOT taking vitamins or supplements, NOT charting, NOT talking about TTC, NOT even thinking about TTC! I think that was the best part of my vacation. Of course the sun and the boat and the beaches and the ocean and the ridiculous quantities of amazing food were great too. Though now I'm used to having 4 amazing meals a day, many with multiple courses, I don't know how I'll survive going back to normal!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#80 of 203 Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 PM

Lilac - Oh man, those videos are SO cool! I'm so sorry you aren't seeing anything (yet!) though! The 400x you can see their tails and everything! Growing up we used to think of all kinds of fun things to look at under the microscope. I suppose if next time I'm visiting my mom I ask to borrow the microscope to look at DH's semen it would be pretty awkward...I'm not that brave. 

I've read about saliva ferning and microscopes as well. However I suspect it would be like opks for me since I don't ovulate very often. It would get tedious and disappointing. Or I wonder if it would be like opks where I would appear fertile for weeks never to ovulate. Hmm.

I know you're doing the supplements, but I really think you should look into getting your DH into an acupuncturist that specializes in infertility. I had read stories online and had seen women post on MDC their DH's before and after SA numbers and it all seemed too good to be true. My DH had been going to the same acupuncturist I go to for other non-IF issues but when we learned his sperm were not moving well she started intense fertility work and electro-acupuncture on him. He's been going 1x a week for 3 months and (I don't have a copy of his exact numbers from his most recent SA but this is what I wrote down) his motility went from 16% to 50%! Count went from 78mil to 149mil! I was amazed! I don't even want to think about where she puts the needles though (and I don't ask!). Who cares it's working!

Sourire - Welcome back! Glad it was a great break even with AF joining you. DH and I watched a tv special on Norwegian cruise lines on Netflix the other night. It was crazy! 

Moonstones - I think I'm the only active remaining ttc#2 here. So Hi! I'll be your friend! 

AFM - I'm tired of taking care of sick boys - big and little. I'm tired of all the whining. Praying I don't get it because no one takes care of me and then I'll be so much more behind on everything.

#81 of 203 Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 PM

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome!  I'm trying to get caught up with your stories, and in doing so, just wanted to comment on how supportive this group seems, so I'm happy to have found you.  

Hope4light -- I totally respect your decision to wean your DD to move on with fertility treatments. I'm so torn by the thought, and think that right now if I had to choose, I would choose to continue breastfeeding.  I'm in the process of trying to find a RE who is supportive of extended breastfeeding.  And in the meantime, I think I'm going to try to cut back on our night feedings to see if that will help at all.  I wonder what tips you have for beginning the weaning process?   DD asks for milk quite frequently -- probably still 10 times a day.  

Sila -- really, we're the only two trying for #2 now?  Well, I'm happy to share this journey with you!  I'm in California too, what part of the state are you in? 

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#82 of 203 Old 04-15-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstones View Post

Sila -- really, we're the only two trying for #2 now?  Well, I'm happy to share this journey with you!  I'm in California too, what part of the state are you in? 

Yep, the others graduated and left me behind greensad.gif I'm in SoCal too! I'll PM you. FWIW I also niavely thought it would be different, faster, the second time around. Boy was I wrong. We weaned before starting fertility treatments. It didn't change a thing with my cycles. 

#83 of 203 Old 04-15-2012, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Hey ladies.  It's been a short stay, and I thank you for your support so far.

I'd like to be removed from the roster, please.  

I'll still be around MDC on the fitness threads and such, but I can't really stand to be here.

Much love to you all.  

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20**24*** 28***32***36***40
#84 of 203 Old 04-15-2012, 06:46 PM

Milk- I'm so sad to see you go. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with your appointment today but I will certainly continue thinking of you and praying for you through whatever life has planned.

Sila- you aren't alone my friend, hope4light is on to #2 as well! You both will be graduating SO soon. When is your Provera or Progestrone shot starting... I want you on the ovulation train ASAP. Stay healthy in the meantime, keep those sick boys away!

Sourire- Sounds like your vacation was AMAZING. It's hard to get used to cooking and cleaning and entertaining yourself after a cruise! Sounds like you have gotten your head pretty wrapped around the timeline but I seriously want this LAP to give you some answers and the IUI works before you ever get to IVF.

FreedEm- Good luck with your doctor appointment and testing for your hubby. You are off to a great start with charting and a great support system, give it some more time. I also agree to pick up Taking Charge of your Fertility, it is invaluable.

lilac- Those videos are so cool. I wish I knew someone with a microscope so I could sneek a peek at our swimmers too!

deportivo- I think we can all relate to those feelings... of being alone and looking for support who really understand. I am glad you have found us and I hope we continue to be a bright spot in your journey.

http://thesmartness.com/smartone/2012/03/mental-infertility-and-its-impact-on-the-adoption-loss-and-infertility-ali-community.html   This is an amazing article that I wish all fertile people would read to possibly understand what we go through, but alas, we all know most fertile people could read 1,000 articles about infertility and still tell us to just relax... spoken from experience at the ignorance of many/most of the fertile people I know. Anyway, I found it eye opening and many of the other things I read on her blog were eye opening, seriously she is an amazing writer, I am in awe of people who just know how to perfectly word things.

http://www.stirrup-queens.com/2006/09/history-of-infertilitys-common-thread/  I wanted to share this too in case anyone is interested in participating or wants to spread the word. I hope some day the word has spread far and wide so Infertility isn't such a stigma. Also, this is Intertility Awareness week. It sounds like the suggestion is to come out on Facebook or anywhere to draw attention to Infertility... I'm not sure I am ready for that, but in case anyone else is... This is the week.

AFM- We DTD for the first time yesterday!!! I had a teeny tiny spotting today but it could also be from pushing too hard today, we went on a 'nature hike' but it was with my dog and my niece and I was too active... so sex or exercise, I'm not sure. I am going to wait and see if it gets more tomorrow. It could also be AF coming. My followup is Wednesday, those are my only updates. Tomorrow is a vacation day for me, Boston Marathon Monday- The race runs right down the street of my office so we close down, yay!!! So short week this week and short week next week for my trip to Canada. I can't wait for AF to show so I can ovulate again!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#85 of 203 Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 AM

Milk - I'm sorry to hear you are leaving us. We'll always be around if ever you need to talk about TTC.

Toothfairy - I loved that first article you posted. It's so true that my "emotional infertility" is changing over time. These days I feel like its changing for the better which is nice because I was on the downward spiral for so long!

#86 of 203 Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Sourire - Yay! I'm so glad you had a fabulous, relaxing vacation. What a perfect week. Hopefully you can keep some of the relaxed spirit as you ease back into normal life. A freeing vacation can be just the thing to set your daily routine back to one you can enjoy (even if it's just a little bit). The 4 multi-course meals a day, though--that's gonna take some grieving. ;) Also, I'm so glad you are feeling like you're on an upward spiral again. I hope it slingshots up over the moon!

Lilac - How crazy about the microscopes! It's awesome you're in position where you can take one home. You'll have to keep us updated, especially about the ferning stuff. I always thought that was super interesting.

Cait - I didn't realize the Boston marathon was tomorrow! What fun--I bet it's incredible to watch. I have a friend who runs marathons and it seriously blow my mind. Where are you going in Canada? I grew up in Detroit (only 30 min from Windsor) but now that I'm down in Florida I'm really regretting not exploring more of our sister country to the north. And I've missed you guys too! But relaxing, I think, is exactly what I needed...

Sila - I hope your boys are feeling better! And also that the sickness hasn't passed over to you--that really is the worst. 

shesaidboom - I'm sorry that you had to deal with so much craziness from learning about how irresponsible your old doc was and the way they mishandled your test results. That is so nuts, and I know I would be so angry. I am SUPER glad, though, that your new doc sounds solid and thorough. It's great that you've got a plan and are able to start putting everything together, thyroid included. I hope that the high prolactin levels were just a random thing...I had really high levels a few years before we were TTC and actually had to go to an RE and get an MRI. Turns out it was just a random hormonal thing, but definitely glad I got it checked out. Sometimes they can just test again in a few weeks and it will be in the normal range. Also, so true that thyroids can have such an effect on weight! I hope you're able to be gentle with yourself and that you'll be able to use this new information to understand how your body works with weight gain--and lose exactly the amount you need to be healthy and in primo condition!

Smiles - another week closer to geting your answer on the cyst! I hope it moves quickly for you. 

Hope - What's going on with you? I hope the strep ickiness is long gone! 

AFM, first off, thanks for your support with the Babies R Us call. It really was miserable and DH was the sweetest--he actually DROVE up to the store a few days later and talked with their manager and the guy calling. He said when he got out of the car at the store, he was shaking because he was so mad. But he was very professional to them and kept his cool, and gave them a nice talking to about the importance of double-checking information and listening to names on voicemails, especially when a sensitive subject like pregnancy is involved. 

Last week was pretty much the ultimate suck. My parents flew home on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday my dad had to go to the ER because his arm wouldn't stop shaking. They discharged him wednesday and he has an appointment with a neurologist on the 27th, but they're pretty sure it's Parkinsons. He's only 56, which is pretty young, so we're all a little overwhelmed by it. It's definitely been rough for him and my mom, and I hate not being there. We're praying that the appointment will go well and that it will be attributed to something simple and less serious, that will be easy to treat. Also, I picked that terrible Wednesday to do my taxes and we have to pay in a TON, which is not good. I have to e-file today and am dreading watching the giant balance leave our account. But the good thing is that we do have some set aside, even if taxes is definitely not what I planned to spend it on. 

As terrible as last week was...this week is already 8 zillion times better. Why? Because I got a BFP!!!! 

Not a subtle line, a maybe line, or a possible line--a definite, no question about it, positive line on not one but two tests! I hadn't temped on Sunday, but I did this morning and it was high. And I checked my past three charts and saw that every other time since I've started ovulating, my temp has gone down at 13dpo. My sleepy mind made the connection that this was different, and I thought, "Screw waiting till 14dpo, test time!" I grabbed two internet cheapies and went to the bathroom to test. It was actually pretty funny--I went back to bed to wait it out, and a minute before I was supposed to check, DH started to get up to go pee. I was like, "Wait, sorry, I have to go!" and ran into the bathroom before him. I almost couldn't understand it in when I looked down and saw the double lines--for a second, I thought, "Hmm, are there two control lines? Because these lines are super clear..." And then it sunk in that two lines was a positive! I jumped up and down as quietly as I could and hid the tests (after taking a picture), then let DH use the bathroom. 

I'm still in disbelief, and I'm going to use up my FRER tonight just so I can have another version, but I've used the IC's before and haven't gotten anything but negatives with this batch. I am dyyyyying to tell DH, but I didn't want to do it this morning, and he has to work tonight! I'm going to tell him tonight when he gets home and then I'll probably tell my best friend, who's been in on all the ups and downs. 

Okay, promise I'll wrap it up--you guys are just the only ones I can share this right now so I'm pretty much exploding. This cycle, the only things I really did differently was: 1. Baby Asprin and 2. Relaxed, like for real. I know that neither of those really mean anything for sure, but this month is the first time in quite a while that I've really just let go and tried to not think about TTC or obsess over my chart. I did get a few weird feelings/signs that this could be the month, but it's not the first time that's happened. The funnies thing? My due date will be December 25th.

So...that crazy Babies R Us call last week was more true than they could have known!

Me (30) and DH (33). I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.  
Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#87 of 203 Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 AM

Chica!!!!  - Whoohoo!! Finally some really good news around here!  :) :) My pregnancy hormones are making me cry.  joy.gif

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#88 of 203 Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 AM

Chica - champagne.gifpartytime.gifjammin.gif

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! Wow Babies R Us employs psychics now... how crazy is that??? haha

#89 of 203 Old 04-16-2012, 09:57 AM

Chica - sneaky sneaky waiting until 3/4th down the message to share! So very, very excited and happy for you!!! YAY!!! Keep us posted on EVERYTHING, you hear?

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#90 of 203 Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 AM

jumpers.gifCHICA!!!!!!! jumpers.gifYou got a few tears from me too, I am so happy to see someone graduate! Can you secretly give Babies R Us my number... I'd like them to predict pregnancy for me too. GO tell your husband!!!

deborahbgkelly likes this.

Tags
Infertility

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page