~~Infertility ONE thread, April 2012~~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 203 Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Please let me know if there are any changes/updates to make.

Trying to Conceive #1

Lilacvioletiris (35, DX hypothyroid 10/11) and DH (40, initial diagnosis no sperm, azoospermia 3/23/12) TTC #1 since April 2011. Waiting to see the urologist for DH and figure out where to go from there

mexilady (29) married to DH (32), ttc for over a year with short lp and spotting. All labs have come back normal so far, including normal SA. Seeing an RE, starting Femara.

Kparker (27) DH(34) married since 10/2008.  TTC#1 since 9/2008 w/ MIF.  Using sperm donor; 3 failed IUIs so far. HSG + IUI #4 in Jan 2012, suspected female IF. moved to graduates!!!!!!

krunchyk Me (32), DH (33), ttc #1 1/11.  Diagnosed with PCOS at 19.  Eastern Medicine diagnosis of phlegm stagnant.  Currently taking 1500 mg of Metformin daily along with supplements and acupuncture.

Teresaresa (32) DH (46) TTC#1 since 04/09…. Married 06/09. 2.5 years of trying naturally with acupuncture, herbs, yoga, etc. "Unexplained infertility" 1 failed Clomid cycle w/IUI and 2 failed Femara cycles w/IUI. Starting 4th medicated cycle with Femara and IUI, Restoring Fertility DVD, new acupuncturist, a shamanic healing, and daily affirmations

Jukim married to DH since 01/01/09.  TTC#1 since 11/11.  Battling Hyperthyroidism since 04/11.  The thought of it being a long journy is unnerving shrug.gif but God is gracious! praying.gif

gtree TTC for a year, just started clomid.  Hope 2012 brings babies!!

Gemmine (27) Me+ DH TTC #1 since July 2010. 1 loss at 5 weeks in April 2011. 

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/gemmine84

moved to graduates!!!!!!

Shesaidboom (28) TTC #1 since early 2007. Four early miscarriages and one second trimester loss. Struggling with PCOS. Four failed IUIs, three on Femara and one on injectibles. Currently working on losing weight to achieve a BMI under 30 in order to qualify for IVF.

toothfairy2be (26) TTC#1 since 10/10, Failed Clomid/Femara/Gonal F, 4 IUI. Switched to NaPro Technology and diagnosed with Stage 3 Endometriosis with a complex chocolate cyst, all removed at laproscopy March 29th--- making a baby the old fashioned way in 2012.

Sourire (30) DH (33) - TTC # 1 since August 2010 with short LP, LP spotting and suspected endometriosis.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d1bce

Monkeyscience  moved to graduates!!!!!!

Renavoo  (35)  moved to graduates!!!!!!

Blueyezz4 TTC #1 (technically #4 - long story) since 2006; Moving on to our 3rd Fresh IVF in Oct. after 5 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF's and a failed FET.  Hoping & praying for a miracle. Mother to our twins boys - lost at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 and another little angel in heaven lost at 8wks!

deborahbgkelly (30) Began TTC 2/2011; BFP after IVF in 11/2011. Late second trimester pregnancy loss of identical twin boys in 3/2012. When we are allowed to DTD again, current plan is NTNP. Fertility challenges: Endometriosis, Diminished Ovarian Reserves (likely due to Endo) and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (anti-thyroid antibodies). 

Chicajones (27) DH (30) TTC#1 since June 2010. Diagnosed with PCOS and Insulin Resistance in Oct 2011. Long cycles, currently taking Metformin and watching my sugar. Moving to the UK in the fall, but hoping for a BFP before we leave!  moved to graduates!!!!

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b

Tickletoes (36) & Hubby (45) TTC #1 since 8/10, 3 early losses on 11/4/10 ribbonpb.gif, 6/14/11 ribbonpb.gif, 1/19/12 ribbonpb.gif. First fertility visit scheduled for 2/20. My chart:BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

Charley: 38, husband 38. TTC our first. Me: One unsuccessful cycle with Clomid/IUI in Jan of ’12. In March of ’12 diagnosed with Hydrosalpinx in right tube and endometriosis, polyp at 2cm located in the “sweet spot” of uterus. Lap surgery scheduled for April 13, 2012. Other treatments: positive thinking, green juice, loads of supplements and creative visualization.

Trying To Conceive #2

Sila (26) DH (29) TTC#2 since 12/10 rarely ovulating with PCO and motility/morphology issues. 1/12 DH starts intensive acupuncture. 2/12 First Clomid cycle no response. 3/12 Motility up to 50%, penetration 100% all with acupuncture! 4/12 2nd Clomid cycle with IUI!

MammaBird (42) moved to graduates!!!!!!

rcr (38) TTC #2 since December 2007. Two failed IVFs, four canceled IVFs, five failed medicated IUI cycles. Considering donor eggs, sperm, or both. Trying to keep hope alive and not obsess about IF and TTC.

Gozal (33) trying for number 2 since 2009. Finally diagnosed with prolactinoma after extended breastfeeding; PRL levels normal 4/11; ectopic pregnancy 6/11; three monitored natural cycles after the ectopic, now on round 2 of Clomid with trigger and IUI. moved to graduates!!!!!!

Tinymama TTC#2. Male IF issues (poor count/quality/motility).

Marmo (31) Dh, age 36.  Trying to conceive #2 since 3/10, unexlpained secondary infertility.  Tried 4 rounds of clomid, beginning Femara/ovidrel and good old fashioned bd 2/12.

Hope4Light (31) DH 33.  TTC #2.  Trying Since: March 2011 (after PPAF came back) with severe MFI.  IVF #2 Cycle 1; Lupron started March, stims in April.  ER 4/16/12, ET 4/19/12, Beta 5/4/12!

Smilesarefree TTC#2 for almost 2 years, waiting on a diagnosis.

Trying To Conceive #3

Brichole1214 Brandy (27) DH (31) TTC#3 since March 2011!  Waiting for an appointment with my GYN to see what our next steps will be with TTC!  Praying for a baby in 2012!!! 

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/158654  

Skeemama  TTC#3 since 2006. Several losses along the way. Hopeful. (most days)

Graduates

(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

kparker, gemmine, gozal, wissa19, Monkeyscience, Mammabird, Tenzinsmama, Renavoo, Tantylynn, Kaydove, Brichole1214, Sweet.Bee, Lega, NishaG, Kewpie80, Tear78, ValH, Lesliesara63, no5no5, Minkajane, EastbayK, Grapesbunch, thtr4me, alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, livelovelaugh

Join our graduates on the Graduates thread for Winter/Spring 2012

Missing In Action...but we're still thinking of you

(please let us know if you'd like to jump back in)

babymc, yoyonana, RosieL, Silverbird, fierrbug, rhiandmoi, aprilmom, wendlynn, lydiah, jenger, tryingfortow, wallabi, gale, cassnbeth, mindfulmomma, emski4379, kyliel, moonfireglow, Milletpuff, First Short Photo, Stretch358, InGodsHands, Simplymere, Indianagrl, Victorian Patch, lovebug, LuluRoo, catheleni, zanelee, JodiAriel

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/delete/change in your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated! love.gif 

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#2 of 203 Old 04-02-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Check it out - it worked from home!!

Happy Monday everyone, and here's to a MUCH better April!  I'm hoping to see a bunch of BFP's!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#3 of 203 Old 04-02-2012, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the new thread! I'll be back with personals wednesday, just returned to work & i'm exhausted!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#4 of 203 Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread hope!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#5 of 203 Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread! Here's to a hoppin' April! Personals and updates tomorrow...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#6 of 203 Old 04-03-2012, 07:10 AM

Hope - Thanks for the new thread!

TF2B - Glad to hear the lap went well, what's next?  I bet you are exhausted, take care of yourself.

Milk - I don't even know what to say, the journey that you have been on ... you have a lot of courage and I admire you for not giving up, hopefully this new doctor will help.

Crazy stuff about the ftube being able to reach over and grab an egg from the other side, who knew! Our bodies are amazing, now if only they would listen to us and do what we want!!!  I with you all in saying good riddance to March, hope April brings us better luck.  DH (I wish we could come up with a better acronym for this) is supposed to do his SA #1 tomorrow morning, he couldn't last week cause of the short notice and work.  AFM CD 31 no O yet, hot flashes continue, I have like 3 an hour.

#7 of 203 Old 04-03-2012, 08:05 AM

lilac - in FF if you look at the little box that shows your O date, right at the bottom there is a button called Tuning/Override. Once you select that there are a few different "Detector Tuning" options you can select which usually give you different O dates based on your symptoms. I sometimes use that if FF isn't giving me the O date I want!

monkey - my uncle in law is a radiologist. He actually does a lot of ultrasounds on pregnant women. However he doesn't have any of his own patients, he does ultrasounds for other doctors and then explains the results to them. Actually we also had a conversation that same night about how he doesn't believe in ever explaining to his patients anything that he sees on the ultrasound because they won't understand and some of them freak out for no reason. It just confirms my opinion that he's a patronizing jerk! And yeah, I'm pretty sure my cousin in law wouldn't bother confiding in her father much. I actually feel a bit sorry for her, going through IF with such an unsupportive father. My dad helps me so much!

AFM - I was pretty quick to jump on the baby aspirin bandwagon a few weeks back near the end of my last cycle. I've been taking it ever since. However I've come to the conclusion that baby aspirin is doing me more harm than good. I've always been the type of person to bleed easily and aspirin is a blood thinner. Since I started taking it I've been having way more frequent nosebleeds (every couple of days), I started spotting a few days before my trigger and it has continued until today, and my cervix started bleeding when they did the IUI. I really think the baby aspirin caused this. I'll continue taking it until the end of this week just in case I get a BFP (I'm 11 DPO today) but after that I think I'm going to have to give it up for good!

#8 of 203 Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 AM

Hope,  Here is a blurb for you (it may change): Began TTC 2/2011; BFP after IVF in 11/2011. Late second trimester pregnancy loss of identical twin boys in 3/2012. When we are allowed to DTD again, current plan is NTNP. Fertility challenges: Endometriosis, Diminished Ovarian Reserves (likely due to Endo) and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (anti-thyroid antibodies). 

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#9 of 203 Old 04-03-2012, 02:24 PM

Okay Sourire, so when are you going to test? Fingers crossed lady!!!

artsy nurse (29) married to artsy grad student (32) since 2006. ttc #1 since may 2011  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/374a78

#10 of 203 Old 04-03-2012, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Sourire, I will have to play around with FF a bit.  It is just so weird to see my temps just a touch above the coverline, rather than really above the coverline.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#11 of 203 Old 04-04-2012, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Deborah - I'll update your blurb from home tonight.  Hang in there, I'm still thinking about you and have you in my prayers!!

Sourire - it's always crazy to me how something can work so well for one, and not really for another.... sorry about all the spotting, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you get your BFP!

deborahbgkelly likes this.

#12 of 203 Old 04-04-2012, 04:50 AM

Thanks Hope!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#13 of 203 Old 04-04-2012, 02:19 PM

could i be updated please!

toothfairy2be (26) TTC#1 since 10/10, Failed Clomid/Femara/Gonal F, 4 IUI. Switched to NaPro Technology and diagnosed with Stage 3 Endometriosis with a complex chocolate cyst, all removed at laproscopy March 29th--- making a baby the old fashioned way in 2012.

monkey- a complex chocolate cyst is basically multiple cysts filled with old blood which when ruptured resembles dark chocolate. My reserached is mixed on prognosis, but I am glad that sucker is gone... It was seriously taking up half my ovary. Yes, I should have been told about it after one of the multiple bleeping ultrasounds. I don't know how to feel about that, whether it is par for the course with RE's or if mine was particularly dismissive of endometriosis. Moving on anyway, the horizon is bright.\

sourire- I can't believe test day is so close! I hope you get a nice surprise and don't need your lap after all. It sounds like the aspirin is thinning you out too much, are you just taking 1 baby aspirin or more?

smiles- seems strange to go from such short cycles to long cycles... I hope they have answers at your appointment. The waiting stinks.

Thinking of everyone! Waiting for updates!

AFM- 6 days post-op. I've worked 2 days this week. Tired after, as expected. Monday was pretty grueling and my back was absolutely killing by lunchtime. I ended up taking an hour nap in my dental chair when my patient didn't show up. I've watched the movie of my surgery 3 times... it astounds me over and over. My incisions hurt a little today but I haven't even taken a tylenol since 9 last night so things are improving. I am stir crazy without exercise but I can't do anything for 4 weeks, boring! I am feeling super emotional after being on Vicodin for 4 days (I've been off since Sunday, my first experience with any type of drug). My husband left Sunday and won't be home until Friday night and I just kept crying on Sunday before he left and today I have been crying on and off all day just feeling bad for myself that he isn't home and I tried to buy Yankee tickets as a surprise for his birthday and realized 10 minutes later I bought the night that I am in Maryland at a wedding and hubby is supposed to be home watching the dog since we couldn't leave him with my sister since it is the weekend of her due date... I seriously was on the phone with ticketmaster and then with my credit card company, they can't do anything. I just felt so defeated, ya know... like I tried to do something nice and how does that even happen. Hopefully he will be able to some how go with my MIL... which sucks because I really wanted to make like a speical NYC weekend for the 2 of us... but I'm not going to buy a second set of tickets an hotel etc. That is my little rant. I have a headache from crying and I feel silly for getting myself so worked up. I just need him to come home. I think all of the emotion and stress leading up to surgery and then recovering all built up. I'm usually not so emotional.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#14 of 203 Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Updated!

For some reason I couldn't get rid of the bold, but hey, that's OK LOL.  Gotta jet, just had a minute to update!

#15 of 203 Old 04-04-2012, 08:40 PM

Smiles - Did DH make it to his SA??? I'm sorry no O yet. It really sucks. I know from experience. Sorry about the hot flashes. How frustrating/annoying. 

Sourire - If you've always been the type to bleed easily, I'm going to take a wild guess that chances are you don't have a clotting disorder and the baby aspirin most likely is not needed. 

Hope - Date was ok. It was a shorter than usual date bc DH had a basketball game and his mom was leaving the next day and had things to get done - but we wanted to squeeze something in before they left so they could babysit. I was feeling self-conscious and gross, but somewhat got over it by the end. I also had a couple drinks - Glad you were able to enjoy some too! We also brainstormed a little about a night or 2 away so the seed has definitely been planted! How did the baseline u/s go?

Gozal - Hi!!! Yes, I see a future of uncomfortable IUI's...

Cait - Oh man. I teared up just reading your sad trying-to-do-something-special-for-DH story. Irrelevant, but I also teared up during an episode of How I Met Your Mother today. I know it won't help you feel better to say it, but I've had days just like that. Just when I was about to Google chocolate cyst...keep looking onward and upward friend.

AFM - I called yesterday since DH's test was last Tues and they thought they would have the results back. Not yet. The nurse was really nice though and assured me they should for sure have them by tomorrow of Fri and to call again then. I keep preparing myself for total devastation, but no matter how well I prepare I know if the results are bad it is going to be a sad sad day. Boring over here. CD16 and no O yet duh. I don't expect it for another 20 days at least. Anything before then would be a miracle. In other news we've caught up on DTD anyways. I had some pink when I wiped 3 days after the HSG. I think just an irritated cervix, plus it was also after BDing. I was still feeling like I was on the verge of a UTI so yesterday I started my home-remedy UTI protocol and feeling much better today!

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#16 of 203 Old 04-05-2012, 09:35 AM

Sila: Good to hear about your HSG. So they said your tubes were clear?? Waiting patiently for the results.

Milk: I love you for "sumbitch". That's a daily vocabulary word for me. Chunks of uterus floating around in a specimen cup.....*faints* I'm so glad he wasn't an asshat though. I am actually encouraged by this visit, Milk. The IVF suggestion--wow that's a lot to take in. Are there any loan programs available there, and if there are, is that something you 2 are open to? I hope these 2 weeks go quickly for you though I know they won't, that's just how it goes. Thinking of you all the time my friend.

gozal: I am sorry to hear about your GP.

Sourire: I hope you had a nice birthday. Where are you in your cycle? I'm sorry to hear about all the random bleeds! I was definitely afraid of bruising/cuts while on baby aspirin as I am extremely clumsy. That sucks!

Cait: Wow about the endo. I'm so glad they were able to help. Since so much was removed, does that now give you a better chance of conceiving "naturally"? I don't know much about TTC life post-endo. Does it make a dramatic difference? So hopeful for you! Aw man, that's awful about the tickets. I hope he can go with someone but that weekend with just the 2 of you would have been so nice.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. I'm ok, was referred to the MFM b/c baby has a cyst on its umbilical cord that needs further....scanning I guess? So that's in a couple of weeks. Other than that just lying low due to nausea and fatigue.

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#17 of 203 Old 04-05-2012, 02:07 PM

Gem - Yep, said they were clear! I had more brown when I wiped today so maybe there were some cobwebs in there? Crazy about the cyst. I hope it turns out to be nothing and no big deal! Get some rest!

RE still doesn't have DH's SPA results greensad.gif This place is seriously so reassuring though, the nurse said she was going to call in to the lab and see what was going on since it's been a week and a half. I'm trying not to get worried that something was terribly wrong. DH's blood work all looks normal. They tested testosterone, LH, and I don't remember what else. I was kind of hoping that one of those would be high or low and be responsible for his sperm issues. 

I thought I would share something I read yesterday.

"Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur." 

This is something I need to work on in order not to multiply my own suffering...

#18 of 203 Old 04-05-2012, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

<deep breath>  I have some catching up to do!

Lollie, Tear and Zub and others in Stalkerland (you know who you are) - thank you for checking on me.  I appreciate it, and it makes things feel a little less lonely.  

Oh and Tear - I miss you in a big way.  love.gif

Wissa - Thanks flowersforyou.gif  PGD, is pre implantation genetic diagnosis.  It's to make sure only chromosomally normal embryos are implanted, to increase success rates.  Mind boggling, really.

Gozal - Hi! So many familiar faces here.  It's a good and bad thing, I guess.  I like your 2012 motto, too.  Thanks for the info on saving for IVF costs - it kinda does put it in perspective a little! 

Sourire - Good point about the vacation!  I hope you enjoy it, and can do something nice post lap.  Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Sounds like your uncle needs a slap though.

Sorry about the Crinone related daze... I agree that it sounds like aspirin is not required for you.  Oh, and 11dpo?  How have you not tested yet?  I am so on the early testing bandwagon!! 

Hope - sounds like your weekend away was AWESOME fun.  I'm jealous.  How did the u/s go? 

Smiles - I can honestly tell you that for me, it has nothing to do with courage.  It is primal mothering instinct that keeps me going.  I am scared sh*tless most of the time.  

Cait - Ugh, so sorry about all the ticket stuff ups.  I would totally cry too.  

Crap - I'm not finished yet, but I promised my mum I would go to Good Friday service with her.  Here's hoping the church roof doesn't fall in.  Back later!! 

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#19 of 203 Old 04-05-2012, 04:48 PM

Hope: Thanks for starting the April thread. I’d like to be add a blurb about myself please, under TTC #1. Can it say:

Charley: 38, husband 38. TTC our first. Me: One unsuccessful cycle with Clomid/IUI in Jan of ’12. In March of ’12 diagnosed with Hydrosalpinx in right tube and endometriosis, polyp at 2cm located in the “sweet spot” of uterus. Lap surgery scheduled for April 13, 2012. Other treatments: positive thinking, green juice, loads of supplements and creative visualization.

Thank you.

#20 of 203 Old 04-05-2012, 04:51 PM

Krunchy: Yay for ovulating! That’s wonderful news. I also hope that your cycles become shorter. An extra three cycles per year would be wonderful.

Mexi: I’m so glad your HSG went well. I didn’t find it painful either. Well, I found my HSG results to be painful, but the not the procedure itself. I’m so glad you felt relief.

Sila: Good news about your HSG too! I have trouble having catheters go in easily as well. I found out from my RE that most OBGYN’s use larger ones than people who spend more time inserting them – like an RE’s office. I wonder why if smaller ones will do the job easier/better/the same as larger ones. Do you have any resources you could share about doing an abdominal massage? My acupuncturist mentioned them, and I wanted to ask her about them, but didn’t. I also took your advice and bought some brazil nuts. I read that they help with thyroid issues too, which my DH has. I wish you would get those results! I’m glad they are so nice at your doctor’s office. Good news about your home remedy making you feel better.

Milk: I’m sorry for your shocking news. That sure is a lot to take in. I’m glad this new doctor is aggressive though and that he knows where you can find quality help closer to home. I think the stuff about age is a little bit of bunk though. At least at 38 myself, I hope it is. It sounds like you’re on the right path and I wish you so much happiness and support. I know you have about a week and a half left to wait before you get your results. May it pass quickly.

Oceane: Come out of lurking whenever you’re ready.

Gozal: I’m sorry to read about your grandfather. Sounds like you had a heck of a week. Thanks for the welcome.

Sourire: I’ll write up a full report all about my lap next week. I’ll try to post it by next Sunday night. Yeah, it’s a bummer that nothing rhymes with 12! Also, Happy Birthday! Welcome to your 30’s – may they be wonderful, fruitful and full of happiness.

Hope: I too planned on being done with having kids by now. A few years ago, during another one of our many, many moves, I came across my old journals from jr. high. After watching Dirty Dancing at the movie theatre I wrote a spirited entry about how my life was going to turn out. I seriously thought by the time I was 30, I would have 3 kids, 2 Academy Awards and a flying car. It was going to be a station wagon, to haul all of my kids and awards around. I also thought all of our food would come in pill form by now. Little did I know that I would not even get married until 33, not even know what I truly wanted to do for a career before the age of 35 and not even really feel 100% ready to TTC until 36. Sheesh. My parents were in their mid-teems when they had me. My mom was only 15. When we get pregnant, I will for sure be the oldest person in my family, both sides of it, to have a baby. In fact, if I was my parents, my child would already be out of the house. Crazy, right?

Will you test soon?

Toothfairy: So lucky that you got a DVD! I know I’m not getting one and I’m still jealous! I had no idea about the 4-week thing. No one has mentioned that to me – and I’m not liking hearing about it. I’ll have to talk to my doctor about it. No way can I not exercise for 4 weeks. Not because I’m so fit mind you, but because within the 4-weeks after my surgery, I’ll have to walk my dogs, which means I have to lift them and carry them down and up a flight of stairs – and in May I have a whole house to empty, paint and clean. Not to mention cleaning out a garage and a store and a yard to clean. May is a crazy busy time for me. No time for breaks beyond week one of recovery.

I’m sorry you’ve been crying/emotional. That is tough. Can you sell the tickets and try to buy them for the next weekend? It feel so bad to make mistakes like that. I have a similar story that happened to my husband, and now we laugh about it, but at the time it was awful. Will your husband’s travel end soon? Seems like he’s gone a lot. Our situation is opposite, it’s usually me leaving him for short and long periods of time. That’s partly why I’d like him to leave his job so badly, so he can travel with me more.

Teresa: How are you? I’m thinking about you.

AFM: I’m not able to do much physically as far as baby making goes. My lap is next Friday and I’m anxious for it to get here. In the meanwhile, I’ve been trying to focus on other ways to help us with baby stuff. For example, we got a nice new bed this past weekend. It’s a king size, organic, memory foam hulk of a thing. Our old bed was 7 years old, small and awful. I have so much trouble sleeping as it is, that getting a new bed seemed like a good thing to do. My mother actually bought it for us as an anniversary gift. So kind of her.

I’ve also been reading some new books – one of them is called “Let’s Panic About Babies” and it is so funny. It is all made up stuff of being pregnant and babies in general. I keep reading bits of it out loud to my husband an every page so far has made me laugh out loud. I needed some laughter, so I’m grateful.

Next week I plan on gearing up with some serious nesting before the surgery. I know I won’t need the full two week recovery time our doctor suggested, but I am going to take a week off. No internet (except for here) and no work. I’ve alerted all of my clients that I’ll be away. I plan on cooking and cleaning up a storm so my husband has less to do. He’ll be taking Friday and Monday off to watch over me, which is nice. I also ordered the box set of The Hunger Games and plan on reading them and taking Downton Abby breaks in between book reading. I had one huge project released into the world this week and I’m wrapping up another big project this week, so I figure I deserve the break. Especially since my May and June have so much travel and work in them. I hope to take the full month of July off.

Anyhow, I have lots of hope for all of you this April. It has to be better than March, right?

#21 of 203 Old 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilaMarila View Post
RE still doesn't have DH's SPA results greensad.gif This place is seriously so reassuring though, the nurse said she was going to call in to the lab and see what was going on since it's been a week and a half. I'm trying not to get worried that something was terribly wrong. DH's blood work all looks normal. They tested testosterone, LH, and I don't remember what else. I was kind of hoping that one of those would be high or low and be responsible for his sperm issues. 

I thought I would share something I read yesterday.

"Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur." 

This is something I need to work on in order not to multiply my own suffering...

Hope you get DH's sperm assay results back unless SPA is some special form of test I haven't learned about yet.

Thank you for sharing that quote.  It is encouraging in to me today.  My BBT bottomed out at 96.5 degrees.  AF should be here this weekend and Saturday will mark one year TTC for me and my DH. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#22 of 203 Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 PM

Charley - Brazil nuts are an amazing food! Here is the official Arvigo abdominal massage website. You will be able to find a certified person in your area on the site if there is one. Hmm, I looked on youtube and there is a video or 2 that show a little bit of the self technique but not the whole thing as I learned it. If you google Mayan abdominal massage or Arvigo abdominal massage I found a few interesting articles as well! Sorry I don't have time right now to link to all of them!

Lilac - Yes, SPA is Sperm Penetration Assay. Anniversaries are so hard. I'm so sorry. May this next year bring you some hope.

I have been struggling with a migraine off and on and I feel like crap...

#23 of 203 Old 04-05-2012, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Okay, I'm back.  I got to church (roof didn't cave in) and found out that it was a bilingual Chinese/English service.  What a joke.  I have no clue what it was about at all.  Couldn't understand a word.  

Where was I?  Oh right...

Cait - I like your new blurb blowkiss.gif Are you seriously a dentist?  How did I miss that?  I mean, I'm not a dentist hater or anything, but aside from my multitude of reproductive issues, I've spent more time with dentists/orthodontists/oral surgeons then I would like.  I can't believe you got a dvd of your lap!  I have got photos from my last one (horn removal), but it was like 8 or 9 years ago, so back then, photos were pretty exciting.  I remember looking at the "tools" they use, and thinking "no wonder I feel bruised inside!".  Some of them are seriously barbaric looking.  I have them stored somewhere on my laptop, I should see if I can find them!

Sila - bummer about the results.  Waiting really does suck.  But, I swear you have the patience of a saint!  I hope they can hurry them along.  Glad you have such supportive staff to deal with though!  ROTFLMAO.gif About cobwebs!  I hope all the cobwebs are gone!  I am definitely guilty of rehearsing my troubles.  I should do something about that! 

Charley - looking forward to hearing about the outcome of your lap.  We had to get a new bed last year when our roof leaked during a wicked storm.  It is, as you put it "a great hulk of a thing".  It's so high, and cushiony that the pup struggles to jump up there sometimes.  It is like sleeping on a bloomin' cloud though.  Lovely.  

Sounds as though you are well and truly set for your time off. I hope you get to enjoy it as much as possible.  

Lilac - sorry about temps crashing, and nasty anniversaries.  

AFM: So I'm feeling much better about my appointment now, and I think thinks have settled in my head a little bit.  Thank you all for your feedback.  

Firstly, I want to say that I'm sure that my doctor was not fearmongering.  Maybe how I typed it, it sounded like that, but that wasn't how it went down.  I think he was just taking the situation seriously, and encouraging me to do the same.  I think he was also A) being proactive, B) considering that it may not happen right away, and C) considering that we may want more than one child.  He really wasn't saying "do IVF right now, or you will never have a baby".  

I really didn't mean to worry anyone about their age, and their egg quality, or to insinuate that 30 is old!  I think he was really just saying that to do it now (or in the near future) would be preferable, as my eggs would be "younger".  I did overreact a bit.  I admit that.  The shock got the better of me.  Basically what he meant was that we should consider harvesting my eggs, and getting some embryos stored away as a "just in case" kind of thing.  He certainly didn't say that I couldn't be successful naturally, just that I should have a back up plan.  I don't know enough about IVF to know how many embryos you could get from one cycle, though.  But, maybe we could just do one cycle, sometime in the next 12 months or so, and but a few babies on ice?  

As for affording it, well, it would be a challenge, but again, I overreacted.  There is a reasonable amount of government funded help here in Aus, and the ability to claim back medical costs.  It is a big upfront cost, but from what I've read, it can be between $1500-4000 out of pocket for each cycle.  We couldn't afford to do that forever, but a couple of cycles, if need be - well, we'd figure it out.  

So, where to from here?  About another week and a half till I get my AMH and NKC results.  I have yet to make an appointment with the doctor here in Brisbane, but that will be the next thing.

DP said something last night that makes me think he is a bit worried about him having testing done.  Something along the lines of it being "his fault".  I didn't say anything at the time, because I didn't want to push the issue, you know?  

I'm not really sure about trying this cycle or not.  I guess I'm tending to think of avoiding again.  I'm about CD7 right now.  I tend to O around CD 18, and that is right around when I would get my results.  On the other had, I want to try prednisone regardless of my results (barring something terrible with my egg quality), and I wouldn't start it until BFP.  So maybe it makes no difference?  I could probably see the new doctor before then if I wanted to.  

deportivo4 likes this.

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#24 of 203 Old 04-06-2012, 03:27 AM

Milk, I think my DH is going through the "I was tested and now it is my fault that we don't have a baby" stress.  For a man that is a big thing and I don't know where to find a place where he can talk about and get encouragement like us ladies do here.  I know I have told my husband that having HIS baby for US is something I really want to do.  Parenting will not be a one sided event.  Conception isn't either.  I love him and want him to be comfortable with whatever may need to be done to help us have a baby.  From the reading we have done about azoospermia, some of the procedures to get immature sperm out of a man sound pretty invasive.  DH doesn't like the idea of someone "rooting around in the plumbing".

Sila, thanks for increasing my vocabulary.  Sperm Penetration Assay, eh?  I hope your DH's swimmers can get in where they need to go and that you find out about it soon.

AFM, AF has started its spotting presence.  I am sure there will be full on AF by this afternoon.  Blargh.

#25 of 203 Old 04-06-2012, 07:52 AM

toothfairy - Yes I was just taking 1 baby aspirin a day. Yesterday morning I had a killer nosebleed that was gushing for about 30 mins and just wouldn't stop, it even made me late for work! That was the last straw, I'm officially never touching aspirin again.

Sorry work was so tough for you but I'm glad you were able to sneak in a nap! That's crazy about being so emotional. That ticket thing sounds super frustrating. Be gentle with yourself, everything you went through wasn't easy and plus your DH isn't around.

Sila - I hope you get DH's test results soon. Sorry about your migraine, I hope it disappears soon.

Gemmine - I hope everything turns out well with that cyst on the umbilical cord.

Milk - I used to be an early tester but when you get BFN after BFN it becomes something you dread instead of something you look forward to. I always put it off until the last possible moment, and I try not to test on days that I have to go to work because BFN's tend to ruin my productivity :P If I didn't have to test to find out whether to stop the Crinone, I wouldn't be testing at all.

I guess your RE's comments about age make sense now in the context of having more than 1 baby in the future. I'm glad that IVF turned out to be cheaper than you thought.

Charley - wow your lap is so close, 1 week from today! Your plan for your time off sounds like so much fun. I loved the Hunger Games books and Downton Abbey too. My plan for my time off is Season 2 and 3 of Parenthood, and doing me and DH's taxes (this may sound strange, but I love doing taxes).

It's always crazy to think where our parents were when they were our age. When my mom turned 30 she had just had her 3rd kid and decided she was done with having kids. My youngest sister came along a few years later and surprised us all. I was 10 when she was born and I've wanted my own baby ever since then because I loved my baby sister so much. Until that happens, my little sister is still my baby!  She's the only member of my family who lives in the same city as me, so we spend a lot of time together. Right now she's off travelling in Indonesia and I miss her so much!

Reading a funny book about babies sounds like a great way to deal with IF stress. Laughter is always so therapeutic. I mentioned this website a few months back, but you weren't around at the time. 999reasonstolaugh.com is all about laughing about infertility. It sounds crazy but reading it makes me feel so good.

lilac - Yikes that was a really short LP. I know how crappy those are. Have you asked your RE about taking progesterone for LP support? It's not fun to take but at least it helps normalise the LP.

AFM - 14 DPO today. I tested this morning (1 day earlier than usual) and got a BFN, so I've officially failed 3 IUIs. No big surprise there! I'm not too upset about it this month because a) I was totally expecting a BFN, b) I'm looking forward to the next step which is my lap in 3 weeks and c) I'm leaving on my cruise tomorrow morning!!!!!! I'm also SUPER relieved to be done with Crinone for the month because it made me want to kill everyone at work! Everything was making me so angry and it took all my energy to prevent myself from screaming at everyone.

Today I'm off work because it's a holiday so I'll be packing for my trip and getting my legs waxed and all that. DH and I made a deal that we are not going to talk about or think about TTC at all during our trip, it's going to feel wonderful. So you guys won't be hearing from me at all for the next week.

#26 of 203 Old 04-06-2012, 02:14 PM

Sourire, yeah my LP was pretty short this time.  The last 3 months it had been 13 days.  I am still working through my primary care physician with infertility issues and waiting for the appointment for my DH with the urologist now since DH had no sperm in his sperm assay. 

#27 of 203 Old 04-06-2012, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Sila - I'm sorry it was short, but hope it was worth it!  Glad that the seed is now planted for some 'you' time as a couple, I promise you'll be glad you did it!  Baseline was good, all was clear and quiet, just how they want it.  I start stims tonight and next u/s is Monday morning.  Ugh, hope they get the results soon, I'm curious to see what they say.  I love the quote - it's so true.  I, like most of us I'm sure, rehearse my troubles.  j

Gem -  Wow, a cyst on the cord?  I've never heard of anything like that!  Did they say anything about what may have caused it, if it will cause problems?  Or do you have to wait for the MFM to find out anything?  I hope it just goes away on it's own and all is good.

Milk - u/s was good, nice and quiet like they want!  Stims start tonight, woo hoo!  I'm glad things have settled a bit about your appointment and IVF.  I imagine that was a HUGE shock!!  If you went ahead and got babies on ice, would you not even try putting one or two back in on a fresh cycle?  I can't imagine paying all the money just to put them all on ice, 'just in case.'  Sounds like the cost for you isn't that bad compared to here though, so I don't know.  Crazy. 

Charley - I'll update tonight from home.  I'm laughing at the flying station wagon and food in a pill form.  Oh how young and naive we were at that age!  If only we could plan out our lives and have them happen just so.  Wow, crazy to think that you're child would be out of the house already instead of fighting to get said child.  One more week til the Lap, yeah!!!

lilac - I think my DH went through this a bit too, and he KNEW it was him from the get go because of issues he had as a kid.  I can't blame him for not wanting anyone rooting around in there. 

Sourire - I'm sorry for the BFN.  At least you know, and now you can have a blast on your cruise!  I'm jealous, can't wait to hear all about it when you're back!  Have fun!

AFM - baseline was Tuesday, and all was good and quiet.  I start stims tonight (125 iu of Follistim) and then go in for my next u/s and b/w on Monday.  Here's to hoping that it'll all be good!  I'm stressing about some big changes getting ready to happen at work, I'm exhausted - 3 weeks of Lupron is killing me.  I'm now getting a Lupron headache every day and I'm more and more irritable.  Oh yeah, and while I wouldn't say I'm getting hot 'flashes' I'm struggling with being warmer than normal.  And I have aches and pains.  I'm SO over Lupron and ready to move on.  Phew.

Updated above :-)

#28 of 203 Old 04-07-2012, 05:17 AM

Thanks for the update, Hope. I hope you all have wonderful weekends.
#29 of 203 Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 AM

Good morning beautiful ladies! I’ve missed you. What a whirlwind week! More on that below…. First, I want to get caught up on all of you J

SilaMarila: You definitely have me beat. At least I know I’m ovulating every month – and my cycle is a pretty solid 30-31 days (thank you acupuncture!). The indulgence in a bottle of wine with my friend was delightful. I really only allow myself to have a drink on two days – when I get my negative beta and when AF arrives. It’s actually more to do with drinking with the meds. I’m totally freaked out that the alcohol is going to go nutty in combination with the Metformin. Of course when I get the neg beta or AF, I don’t even care at that point!! My friend is totally awesome, and I’m lucky to have her. Coming out to your mom sounds like it was as perfect as you could hope it to be. It must have been so nice to just have her listen and be supportive. Sometimes I regret having told family, but ultimately I guess I want as many people to be putting out baby vibes as possible. Yay for a great HSG!! Hoping that the pipes got a little cleaned out and you get on the April BFP train J Thanks for sharing that awesome quote – I’m going to try repeating it to myself often!!

lilac: How’s DH doing with his supplements? Sorry AF arrived. She's such a pain, right?

Smiles: Totally understand not wanting to discuss IF over the phone. I don’t know about you, but for me, it’s nice to know that the person I’m talking to could give me a hug if I needed it J I do count myself very lucky. I wish your hot flashes would bugger off. Ick.

hope: Ugh, I am so sorry that AF crashed your weekend away. She is so annoying most of the time. Getting your taxes done sounds productive though J Love that you were giving yourself shots of Lupron at the bar. Whatever it takes! Hoping your u/s on Monday is great. Glad you’re done with the stinky Lupron and on to Follistim! Thanks for the new thread!! Let’s go April!

Milk: Your horn story is so crazy. You’ve really been through a lot. I’m glad you liked the new doctor and you sound like you have an amazing tolerance for pain. I think I would have been screaming as the long tube wound its way up there. The IVF thing sucks though. Totally. I think we all have this idea that you only need IVF once you cross that magic age threshold. And, as you noted, the expense is overwhelming. I’m glad that there is a fair amount of state aid – that’s really helpful. $1500 sounds amazing and $4000 is still less than half the cost here. I hope you can make it work financially. I also can’t believe you have to wait two weeks for your results. That would drive me bonkers. I’m sure your DP is going through a similar freak out – it’s hard for guys to think that it could be their “fault.” I hope that doesn’t prevent him from getting all of the tests though.

Toothy: Yay for endo!! I’m glad you were vindicated and that you are now on the road to recovery and a BFP. It’s so great that there was an issue there and that it’s been fixed. (I know you know what I mean). Not sure about the cyst situation – what’s that about? I can’t believe they didn’t tell you before, but I’m so glad it’s gone! Sorry you’re feeling sad without DH around. Must be tough to be in recovery on your own. Don’t know if it would make your life easier, but I could buy your Yankees tix from you if DH doesn’t want to go with your MIL or if you’d rather try for another night for your NYC getaway. Just let me know J Sending you a hug.

Charley: How about “2012: Taking Fertility off the shelve(s)” or “2012: Putting IF on the shelve!” I know shelve isn’t really word, but I don’t care! I’m sure you love your father, but he’s kind of a meany pants. I hope that once he gets to old your smiling little bundle of love (because you WILL be having a baby – whether he likes it or not) he’ll change his tune. In the meantime, I’m sorry you can’t draw on support from your dad. Your mom, on the other hand, is so totally awesome for buying you a new bed. That will surely help with the baby-making! Sounds like you have a great post-surgery plan, too!

KrunchyK: Thanks for the Mad Men tip. I broke down and upgraded our cable. I’m sooooo excited you ovulated. And, I’m in complete amazement at your strength. Sending you hug just for the heck of it!

mexilady: Yay for a clear HSG!! Hoping your weekend away was filled with lots of sexy time and that you get your BFP as a result!

Hi wissa and gozal and Gemmine!! Miss you ladies, but hope that you are all doing well. We’re looking to copy your awesome February success in April!!

Gemmine: Keeping my fingers crossed that the cyst on the umbilical cord is no big deal.

Sourire: I hope you had a smashing 30th birthday despite the cloud of IF lurking overhead. Your uncle sounds…. no need to finish that statement, I suppose. It’s so hard to remind ourselves that people generally mean well even when they’re being asshats (ha! I still love that word). Your uncle-in-law, on the other hand, truly sounds like an asshat on purpose. I can’t believe that he’s allowed near pregnant women. I definitely feel sorry for his daughter. You just had to have him over for dinner – that’s her dad. Must be rough. I’ve never taken Crinone but it sounds like it’s just as bad as the Prometrium. Ick. Sorry dear. Wish you didn’t have to be stuck taking it!! Sorry the baby aspirin experiment caused you some issues. BFNs suck. Sorry love. Hoping you’re enjoying the open seas right now. Can’t wait to hear about it all when you get back!!!

deborah: You are so strong. Sadly welcoming you back into the fold.

AFM: I’ll have to come back to update on me! Glad I caught up on all of you… it’s a beautiful day here. Hope it is wherever you all are as well!!!

#30 of 203 Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 AM

Hope – Thanks for the new forum.  I’m sorry to hear about the Lupron headaches.  That stinks! With that said, this Lupron business sounds vicious.  I’m glad that it has worked and all is quiet on the western southern front.

Gozal – Thanks for reading.  I hope all is well for you on the other side.  That seems so dramatic, but that’s what it feels like, you know? Also, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Smiles – Are the SA results in? I hope it went well…

Sourire – Those nose bleeds sound terrible! I also was going to jump on the baby aspirin band wagon, but my ND ran a bunch of basic tests and it turns out that my red blood cell count is low.  No aspirin for me!  Sorry about the BFN.  hug2.gif I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Lilac – My temps are really low this cycle, too.  Who knows what that’s about?  It could be weird, residual miscarriage juju. I'm also sorry about your BFN. hug2.gif

TF2B – Ticketmaster stinks! What a fiasco!  I hope that some good times come of it yet.  I’ve been pretty emotional lately, as well.  My therapist of old would say that all emotions have a purpose.  Sigh.  Sometimes that “purpose” is hard.

Sila – What is your home remedy for UTIs?! I am simultaneously skeptical and amazed.  It seems like once I identify a UTI it is only a matter of hours before it progresses to the point where there is blood in my urine.  I HATE UTIs.  Please do share.

Gemmine – I hope all is well with baby’s cord?!

Charley – Isn’t it crazy how our generation is so different from our parent’s generation? As for the Hunger Games intermixed with Downton Abbey, well that sounds sublime. As does the mattress. 

Milk – I like your new doctor.  It seems as if the philosophy is hope for the best, prepare for the worst.  Seems really logical in the ALI world.  In fact, it makes me want to store some eggs.  Suck them out and put them in the freezer.  I’m not getting any younger.

Teresaresa – Thanks, lady! I hope you have a restive weekend!

AFM – 9 DPO.  I tested yesterday, and it was negative, but that wasn’t a surprise.  Our timing wasn’t on point this month.  Primarily because I didn’t expect to ovulate so soon! Next cycle marks the beginning of our first medicated cycle.  Crazy, right?  

Additionally, my ND reran some basic bloodwork to see where I am at with all the supplements and the metformin. Turns out my red blood cell count is low indicating that I need to eat more protein.  I already knew this.  When I started taking the met I developed an aversion to different types of animal protein, but I haven’t been good at filling in the gap with alternative sources.  It then got me thinking about what I am eating.  I definitely am eating the right stuff for PCOS ie low GI, lots of veggies, low-fat, etc., but clearly I am not eating the stuff in the right proportions.  So, I bought a book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158761023X/ref=gno_cart_title_1

What I really like about this book in particular is that the author (a nutritionist) outlines appropriate breakfast, lunch and supper options.  Turns out that not only am I not eating enough protein, but I also haven’t been eating enough good carbs.  For shame! The author is also great because she lives by the 80/20 rule.  Try to follow the rules of an insulin-resistant diet 80% of the time.  I can do 80% of the time.  That’s like 2.5 free meals a week! More than I give myself now, anyway. Done.  I would recommend the book for any PCOSers out there that are a bit murky on exactly what an appropriate diet should look like on a day to day basis. It really was enlightening.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! K.

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page