**The Infertility ONE Thread**May 2012** - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 168 Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lilac, yes they do. It depends on what exactly you need. I think mine were 5 or 6, 000 total and I was on quite a few different drugs. We mostly used Freedom, though I got some at Bel-Mar which is here in Denver.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#152 of 168 Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 PM

Lilac, yes they do. It depends on what exactly you need. I think mine were 5 or 6, 000 total and I was on quite a few different drugs. We mostly used Freedom, though I got some at Bel-Mar which is here in Denver.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#153 of 168 Old 05-27-2012, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Wow, Deborah, this fertility business is can be so peaks and valleys.  I am super excited that my DH at least has some sperm to make a baby but then the financial side of it just pushes me over the limit.

Today is graduation at the school where I am a teacher and school counselor.  Fun, fun, fun!  It will be emotional to see kids that I have known for 11 years (since 2nd grade, wow) graduate and move on to a life after high school.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#154 of 168 Old 05-27-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Lilac - There are some IVF grants that you could see if you qualify for (I know a few are listed on Creating A Family). There are also some great podcasts (on Creating A Family ) an even some "how to afford infertility" books out there with tips. Like Deborah mentioned, there are also pharmacies where you can get meds a little cheaper. Some clinics (mine does) also have payment plans available. Obviously I have no IVF experience, but I have done a little research. I don't even know how we'll afford injectables if we need to move on to that because I know the meds for that are at least $700 a cycle or so (plus more monitoring)!

Have fun at graduation! So now you are on summer break?

I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend (if you have one).

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#155 of 168 Old 05-27-2012, 09:56 AM

Thanks for that information Sila.  Looks like for now my DH and I won't qualify for the programs that are currently taking applications because he is not a U.S. resident yet.  We will be renewing his green card this summer for permanent residency, but we have to wait until July 2013 to apply for residency for him. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#156 of 168 Old 05-27-2012, 06:16 PM

Hi, ladies.  I don't usually post, but I think I'll be here this month.  smile.gif  I'm TTC #2 (DD is 5), with severe MF.  I'm on CD 4, and day 2 of injectables for an IUI.  I do feel a bit I'm just shooting myself with this crap for nothing, because honestly IVF with ICSI is probably our best chance, but here I am anyway. I've only done 2 injections, and I already look pregnant and can't stand the feeling of leaning over.  Sigh.  Anyway, hi!

Mommy to DD 5-07
#157 of 168 Old 05-27-2012, 07:33 PM

Hi all - I've been trying to keep up with lurking, but I know I've missed some bits of stories.

Sila: Glad you ovulated and that you're feeling calmer about this cycle!!! I'm so hopeful that things are falling into place for you.

Sourire: Ugh. I can so feel your pain. I'd be happy to pop up to Canada to give your DH the what for :) I agree with Sila - if the conference is only 2.5 hours away, can't he figure out a way to do both? Annoying!!! What about freezing sperm? I know they do it for IVF - not sure if they do it for IUI. I know you guys will figure it out. And who knows? Maybe you're spotting is not AF... maybe it's secretly a BFP - wouldn't that be lovely?

Lilac: I don't know what the local chapter of RESOLVE looks like where you are, but I know the one here has an active discussion board where women are always giving away their leftover meds. Hopefully you'll get your BFP before you have to do IVF, but if not, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find some cost savings!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for all you lovely ladies!!!

#158 of 168 Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 AM

teresaresa, I joined the RESOLVE board because there is no support group near me.  The online board seems really cluttered - a little bit of every type of infertility imaginable.   I will have to wait and see if I use it much.

#159 of 168 Old 05-28-2012, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Lilac - Bummer you don't qualify (we don't either). I hope the green card process goes smoothly and that he can get residency next year! I'm interested in where he is from. But you don't have to share if that is too personal. Have you ovulated yet? Exciting that even though there are only a few sperm and chances of success are pretty low, that you will be in a viable tww!

How are our Provera ladies doing??? AF??? I'll do the AF dance for you.

Sourire - How about you? AF? Spotting? I hope you worked things out with your DH.

Cait - Ovulating yet?

TinyMama - Welcome back! I moved you from "missing in action" back to the active members of this thread. I'm also TTC#2. I'm sorry you feel like this cycle is a waste of time. I hope you get proven wrong, but I know how instincts are. Are you doing injectables to get more follicles/eggs to give your DH's swimmers a better chance? I'm not on to injectables yet, but I definitely understand that severe bloating/water gain side effect. It was pretty bad for me last cycle. The last thing I want is for someone who doesn't know that we've been trying for a long time to think I'm pregnant. 

Teresa - Hi! Stalking you on the IVF thread! Grow follies grow!

AFM - Either a slow temp rise or my thermometer battery is going. I switched to my "back up" thermometer this morning and got a nice high temp :) I didn't doubt I had ovulated though. Everything pointed to it. I think I'm going to stash the thermometer away now until next cycle. DH is working 6 days straight. Today is day 5...I'm going to make it...

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#160 of 168 Old 05-28-2012, 07:09 AM

Well, provera seems to have done the trick for me, my last pill was yesterday and I had some spotting yesterday and a light flow so far today.  I guess I will say that today is day 1 and get my blood work done on Wednesday.

#161 of 168 Old 05-28-2012, 03:41 PM

Hey ladies. I used to be really involved in MDC but find that lately, I'm just struggling to find my place here now. Many of the women that I felt so close to during my peak here are on their 3rd babies by now so I don't even bother trying to reconnect. I hope that you will let me find a new home here. 

I'm 24, married to Matt, 26. We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary and have been ttc most of the time. We managed to get pregnant in the summer of 2008 but I miscarried at 12 weeks and we haven't managed to get even a little pregnant since then. We did 6 rounds of Clomid last year and I always responded really well. DH was given the all clear and since everything kept checking out for me too, I decided to have a lap done last month. It was a big financial strain to try and pay for the surgery and we will continue to pay on for many months to come since my insurance wouldn't cover it. While they were in there, they found stage 2 endo. My dr said there was only one little spot on the right but that on the left, endo was covering my ovary, even constricting it and the adhesions had it stuck to the back of my pelvic wall. He burnt off everything he could but then tried to push Lupron. We decided since I wasn't really having any big symptoms that we would try the Clomid for 3 more months, at 150mg this time and then go from there. I  just graduated nursing school a few weeks ago and we are very broke right now as I struggle to get my doula business back off the ground. I've already met my deductible for the year so we are trying to figure out what that means and whether we should take this opportunity to try and transfer to an RE, though infertility isn't covered under this plan at all and the closest RE's are 2-3 hours in either direction. 

Anyway, I hope to get to know you ladies and join in this journey with you. 

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#162 of 168 Old 05-28-2012, 04:57 PM

Welcome Rochelle.  There is a great group of ladies here in the infertility thread.  I hope the rest of this year becomes better for you and hopefully a BFP soon that sticks!

Edit: Sila, I am hoping to ovulate today or tomorrow.  Usually 7 days of EWCM before I O, and I have had about that.  Praying that we get a free BFP.  As my DH said, "At least I know I am shooting live ammo"

deborahbgkelly likes this.

#163 of 168 Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Smiles - This will be the only time I'm happy you got AF ok? I hope the blood work reveals something!

Shesaidboom - Thinking of you! How much longer until wedding time?

Lilac - I chart stalked you and it looks like you were right and you've ovulated! Welcome to the tww.

Rochelle - I recognize you from somewhere here on MDC. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope things post-lap are more successful for you. Congrats on your nursing graduation. I'm also on Clomid and am a fellow doula. I'm also trying to build business this summer and get some more clients! We could use the $'s. Naturally I checked out your website and "liked" you on FB. It is mind boggling to me that anyone would have to drive 2-3 hours to an RE when I literally could have my pick of 10 within 45min. So crazy. I'm sorry that's the way it is.

#164 of 168 Old 05-29-2012, 04:50 PM

Hi all. I know it's a little early, but I'm going to start the June thread since I'm getting really excited to officially be trying again (though I don't plan on stressing myself out with charting yet- I'll stick with doc's prescription of DTD all month, a whole bunch). I am expecting AF somewhere between June 2 and June 6.

#165 of 168 Old 05-29-2012, 04:51 PM

Rochelle - Welcome, I also recognize you from somewhere on here.  I hope the clomid does the trick for you this time around.

Lilac - Hope you did ovulate!

Sila - Thanks!  I am a bit nervous about what the blood work may reveal but at least then I will know.

AFM So last night I check my email and there is a message from a friend that I had not heard from since Christmas and I knew that she had been trying for #2 for a year or so and I knew that she was emailing to tell me that she was pregnant and I was right and all my "I can handle it" went right out the door.  I am so happy for her, and it wasn't a walk in the park for her but the sadness overwhelmed me and I went to bed and cried.  I realized that it had nothing to do with her, it's really all about me I'm sad not cause she's pregnant but because I am not and it is not fair. 

On another note I was at my exercise class this evening and before it started I got talking to a lady about kids and she told me that she has a 16 yr old and an 8 month old.  She was told after her first that she could never have kids again and 16 years later she did.  I had tears in my eyes when she told me and she probably thinks that I am a nut bar, but it gave me hope.

So my af is here but is pretty light I guess after not having had one for months I figured it would be nasty.  Day 3 blood work tomorrow and my HSG is next Tuesday.

deborahbgkelly likes this.
#166 of 168 Old 05-29-2012, 04:55 PM

June thread is up because I couldn't wait :-). http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1354424/june-2012-infertility-one-thread-june-bugs-bring-spring-births.

#167 of 168 Old 05-29-2012, 04:55 PM

June thread is up because I couldn't wait :-). http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1354424/june-2012-infertility-one-thread-june-bugs-bring-spring-births.

#168 of 168 Old 05-29-2012, 04:56 PM

Dang it. 3 posts again. MDC, ack!

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page