**The Infertility ONE Thread**May 2012** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Please let me know if there are any changes/updates to make.

Trying to Conceive #1

Polyhymnia (29 - 30 next month), DH (30).  IUD removed 6/2011, no luck since then despite regular cycles. Just scheduled one-year-of-trying appt with an OB/GYN next month. BFPChart2.gifhttp://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3606ed/

Lilacvioletiris (35, DX hypothyroid 10/11) and DH (40, initial diagnosis no sperm, azoospermia 3/23/12) TTC #1 since April 2011. Waiting to see the urologist for DH and figure out where to go from there

mexilady (29) married to DH (32), ttc for over a year with short lp and spotting. All labs have come back normal so far, including normal SA. Seeing an RE, starting Femara. moved to graduates!!!

Kparker (27) DH(34) married since 10/2008.  TTC#1 since 9/2008 w/ MIF.  Using sperm donor; 3 failed IUIs so far. HSG + IUI #4 in Jan 2012, suspected female IF. moved to graduates!!!!!!

krunchyk Me (32), DH (33), ttc #1 1/11.  Diagnosed with PCOS at 19.  Eastern Medicine diagnosis of phlegm stagnant.  Currently taking 1500 mg of Metformin daily along with supplements and acupuncture.

Teresaresa (32) DH (46) TTC#1 since 04/09…. Married 06/09. 2.5 years of trying naturally with acupuncture, herbs, yoga, etc. "Unexplained infertility" 1 failed Clomid cycle w/IUI and 2 failed Femara cycles w/IUI. Starting 4th medicated cycle with Femara and IUI, Restoring Fertility DVD, new acupuncturist, a shamanic healing, and daily affirmations

Gemmine (27) Me+ DH TTC #1 since July 2010. 1 loss at 5 weeks in April 2011. 

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/gemmine84

moved to graduates!!!!!!

Shesaidboom (28) TTC #1 since early 2007. Four early miscarriages and one second trimester loss. Struggling with PCOS. Four failed IUIs, three on Femara and one on injectibles. Currently working on losing weight to achieve a BMI under 30 in order to qualify for IVF.

toothfairy2be (26) TTC#1 since 10/10, Failed Clomid/Femara/Gonal F, 4 IUI. Switched to NaPro Technology and diagnosed with Stage 3 Endometriosis with a complex chocolate cyst, all removed at laproscopy March 29th--- making a baby the old fashioned way in 2012.

Sourire (30) DH (33) - TTC # 1 since August 2010 with endometriosis. So far I've done 3 IUI's with Femara and had a laparoscopy in April 2012.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d1bce

Monkeyscience  moved to graduates!!!!!!

Renavoo  (35)  moved to graduates!!!!!!

Blueyezz4 TTC #1 (technically #4 - long story) since 2006; Moving on to our 3rd Fresh IVF in Oct. after 5 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF's and a failed FET.  Hoping & praying for a miracle. Mother to our twins boys - lost at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 and another little angel in heaven lost at 8wks!

deborahbgkelly (30) Began TTC 2/2011; BFP after IVF in 11/2011. Late second trimester pregnancy loss of identical twin boys in 3/2012. Fertility challenges: Endometriosis, Diminished Ovarian Reserves (likely due to Endo) and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (anti-thyroid antibodies). One month preventing (to get body as close to back to normal as possible) and then actively trying on our own starting in June.

Chicajones (27) DH (30) TTC#1 since June 2010. Diagnosed with PCOS and Insulin Resistance in Oct 2011. Long cycles, currently taking Metformin and watching my sugar. Moving to the UK in the fall, but hoping for a BFP before we leave!  moved to graduates!!!!

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b

Tickletoes (36) & Hubby (45) TTC #1 since 8/10, 3 early losses on 11/4/10 ribbonpb.gif, 6/14/11 ribbonpb.gif, 1/19/12 ribbonpb.gif. First fertility visit scheduled for 2/20. My chart:BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

Charley: 38, husband 38. TTC our first. Me: One unsuccessful cycle with Clomid/IUI in Jan of ’12. In March of ’12 diagnosed with Hydrosalpinx in right tube and endometriosis, polyp at 2cm located in the “sweet spot” of uterus. Lap surgery scheduled for April 13, 2012. Other treatments: positive thinking, green juice, loads of supplements and creative visualization.

Trying To Conceive #2

TinyMama TTC #2 (DD is 5), with severe MF.

SilaMarila (26) DH (29) TTC#2 since 2010. Rarely ovulating with PCO and motility/morphology issues. 1/12 DH starts intensive acupuncture. 2/12 Clomid #1 - failed, no response. 3/12 Motility up to 50%, penetration 100% all w/acupuncture! 4/12 2nd Clomid #2 w/IUI failed. 5/12 Clomid #3 w/IUI. BFPChart2.gifhttp://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/SilaMarila

MammaBird (42) moved to graduates!!!!!!

rcr (38) TTC #2 since December 2007. Two failed IVFs, four canceled IVFs, five failed medicated IUI cycles. Considering donor eggs, sperm, or both. Trying to keep hope alive and not obsess about IF and TTC.

Gozal (33) trying for number 2 since 2009. Finally diagnosed with prolactinoma after extended breastfeeding; PRL levels normal 4/11; ectopic pregnancy 6/11; three monitored natural cycles after the ectopic, now on round 2 of Clomid with trigger and IUI. moved to graduates!!!!!!

Hope4Light (31) DH 33.  TTC #2.  Trying Since: March 2011 (after PPAF came back) with severe MFI.  IVF #2 Cycle 1; Lupron started March, stims in April.  ER 4/16/12, ET 4/19/12, Beta 5/4/12! Moved to graduates!!!

Smilesarefree TTC#2 for almost 2 years, waiting on a diagnosis.

Graduates

(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

Hope4light, Mexilady, Chicajones, kparker, gemmine, gozal, wissa19, Monkeyscience, Mammabird, Tenzinsmama, Renavoo, Tantylynn, Kaydove, Brichole1214, Sweet.Bee, Lega, NishaG, Kewpie80, Tear78, ValH, Lesliesara63, no5no5, Minkajane, EastbayK, Grapesbunch, thtr4me, alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, livelovelaugh

Join our graduates on the Graduates thread for Winter/Spring 2012

Missing In Action...but we're still thinking of you

(please let us know if you'd like to jump back in)

babymc, yoyonana, Silverbird, fierrbug, rhiandmoi, jenger, tryingfortow, wallabi, gale, cassnbeth, mindfulmomma, emski4379, kyliel, moonfireglow, Milletpuff, First Short Photo, Stretch358, InGodsHands, Simplymere, Indianagrl, Victorian Patch, lovebug, LuluRoo, catheleni, zanelee, JodiAriel, Skeemama, Jukim

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/delete/change in your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated! love.gif 

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Any requests will have to wait until Friday - I'll be out of town until then.

Gem - Sorry to hear you are still so sick! But so happy to hear that things are looking good with the babe! Miss you friend!

AFM - I'm stopping temping. I know I ovulated. So why am I losing sleep over it and giving myself lower temps by waking up insanely early? Plus I wasn't going to bring my thermometer camping anyways...

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Thanks, Sila! And joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif, Hope4light! Can't wait to see you on the grad thread when you're ready!! (You, too, Mexilady!)

shesaidboom - hug.gif I am sorry things have been so rough for you lately. I'm especially mad that you were told all your results were fine when they weren't. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of all of it soon. Just due to my mom's experience with hypothyroidism (being told she was in the normal range, but finding out that a lot of experts disagree with that range), I ALWAYS ask for a copy of all lab results. So far, I haven't had any doctors balk at giving them to me.

Sila - Sounds like things are looking awesome this cycle! And I think it's great that your doc didn't make you induce a period before starting meds, when it was clear nothing was going on, anyway. I always wondered why such a thing was really necessary.

Sourire & Charley - Sorry both of you had some issues with your anesthesia, but glad your laps are done! I hope you can both completely recover soon and move forward.

deborah - Good to see you back here! Have fun with all your travel and baby-making!

everyone else - wave.gif

I'm glad April made some last-minute efforts to be significantly better than March. Hopefully May will do even better!

AFM, 25 weeks today. Baby is getting much stronger, to the point where he sometimes makes sleeping at night difficult. His favorite time to wiggle is when I lay down. My mom says I deserve this, as I was the same way. Her mom apparently recently told her that she deserved it with me, because she was that way! So I guess it runs in the family. MW appointment is Friday, and moving is two weeks from today! (Well, starting to move - we're doing a gradual move May 15-19). Meanwhile, it's a crazy time with dh's work and with family stuff going on and trying to get ready to move. But over all, all is well here.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Sila - Good!!  I go back and forth between wanting both to have stuck and just one.  So I'm just taking it in stride.  Initially I really wanted just one, but I don't want to lose any of my embabies, you know?  So then I hope both!  But the fear of the difficult time that twins bring (through pregnancy, labor and delivery, and caring for two newborns) is definately there, but I know if that's how it works I'll handle it and be SO glad that they both stuck!!  How is DS feeling??  Keeping my fingers crossed for your BFP in a couple of weeks!!  Just HIDE THE THERMOMETER!!  Silly girl!  Thanks for taking over the thread for May - I appreciate it!!!

deborah - I think it's awesome that you're both feeling ready to move in that direction.  I can only imagine how difficult the decision could be.

Gem - I hope you're feeling better!!  I am so glad to hear that the MFM is saying the cyst is nothing to worry about.  I'm sorry about the bleeding too, but glad it seems like it stopped!  What was it, were they able to tell?

Monkey - thank you!!  I think I'll wait til after both my beta's to make sure all looks good.  Still a little nervous about it, you know?  Just need that reassurance and a couple more weeks.  25 weeks!  That's awesome!!  Ah yes, the joys of trying to sleep when the baby is awake.  Yeah for moving - probably a good idea to do it over a few days, a little less stressful. 

AFM - going out after work to get a couple more tests.  I need to see that line getting darker, or that word Pregnant.  I'm starting to worry that it was leftover trigger (which I know is unlikely) or something like that.  So POAS I shall.  Probably a couple more times ha ha ha.  My bloating has gotten worse again, although I don't seem to be gaining any weight really.  I'm drinking a ton, but today it suddenly seems like I'm peeing a little bit less.  But it's also been a crazy morning... maybe I just don't remember peeing?  Ugh, I don't know if I should be worried about a mild case of OHSS or not...

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 05-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hey Sila, could you update my blurb when you get back from your camping?

Sourire (30) DH (33) - TTC # 1 since August 2010 with endometriosis. So far I've done 3 IUI's with Femara and had a laparoscopy in April 2012.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d1bce

Hope - CONGRATS!!!!! Hooray for things that work on the first try, you deserved this!!!! I can't wait to hear whether its twins!

mexilady - how are things going???? Have you had any more betas?

Sila - It sounds like your IUI went amazing. I had pretty intense O pain as well when I took Ovidrel. I vote for this working on the same try as well! (statistics say IUI's work more often on the first try).

shesaidboom - Yeah I agree that it would be nice if I could get on the list for IVF right away. But now that I've had my lap and cleaned away the endo and my uterus is all shiny and new I suddenly have a whole bunch of hope that I'll never need IVF! Has your AF showed yet? How's the wedding planning going? Hang in there.

toothfairy - I hope you have an awesome trip to Quebec City. You're only 2.5 hours away from me, hooray!

teresa - are you back from your cruise yet? How are you doing? I miss you!

lilac - I laughed at your description of your DH getting his balls squeezed, lol. I really really hope you can find a way to have your DH's baby.

Gemmine - Hi!

deborah - your romantic getaway sounds lovely.

AFM - Honestly that weird side effect I had after my surgery (arms and legs feeling like there was an elephant on them) scared the crap out of me because it was totally unexpected and I had never read of anything like that in all my research on the side effects of the anesthesia. After talking to a couple of other doctors (my friend and my SIL), I think it was probably a side effect of the Fentanyl that they gave me during the anesthesia (it's a painkiller). The good news is, when I woke up the next morning my arms and legs were 100% back to normal so I guess it wasn't a big deal!

The other thing that sort of sucked on the day of my surgery was that I had some nurses who were total jerks and made no effort at all to help me when I was throwing up all over the place and shaking and crying and freaking out about how my arms and legs felt and about the fact that I couldn't pee even though I felt the urge to. Some people should NOT be in the business of taking care of others.

Anyways, the day after my surgery I was able to eat again and my uterus was sore but not bad enough to need painkillers. Every day since then I've felt better and better. Today my uterus doesn't even hurt anymore. I actually slept on my stomach last night! I do have a bit of dizziness and nausea when I stand up for more than 5 minutes or try to do any kind of housework, but it's not a big deal and in fact it's a very convenient excuse to not have to help with the dishes so I hope it sticks around :D

I could definitely see myself going back to work in a couple of days but my awesome doctor wrote a note to my boss saying I don't have to go back until Monday May 14th which is amazing. Also on the note she wrote that I have stage I endometriosis which confuses me a bit because when I talked to the resident after my surgery she said it wasn't mild... anyways I will find out the whole story at my follow-up appointment, which I still have to schedule. 

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 05-01-2012, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)

sourire- SO good to hear that you are on the upswing after surgery. It sounds like other than that weird reaction to the painkiller things have been pretty normal. I'm super impressed you are already sleeping on your stomach, I was sleeping partially upright with 6 or so pillows around me for a week and a half after surgery! Also, I was surpised to see my endo was stage 2, not stage 3, so I'm not sure how they stage but it is more hopeful to have a lower stage. I'm interested to see how your cycles change over the next few months, spotting, heaviness of AF. cramping. It is nice to be at the same point as you since our cycles were so similar. Oh and about the peeing and the not nice nurses, they didn't make me pee before I left, but I also had trouble peeing- I'd go a little and stop and then go more, but the first time I just kinda sat and sat and waited... didn't come easy! Hehe.

gemmine- pictures to my inbox please!! I'm sorry you are still feeling so yucky but so glad that MFM gave you the go ahead that the cyst is nothing. Check in as often as you are up to in, few more weeks and then hopefully you will be enjoying pregnancy and goodbye to crummy days.

sila-  again- wooohooo!!! 2 more weeks! Have an awesome time camping and YAY for ditching your thermometer. Your temperature doesn't change anything and you will sleep better with that thing in the sheeeeter :)

monkey- 25 weeks, unbelievable. Little man is active already. Good luck with the move and getting settled  in your new place.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 PM

hope- did you take more tests?! Friday seems like so long away for your beta.

shesaidboom- I'm sorry too that this has all been so hard, seems like it is always something. I hope AF arrived or your free baby is coming.

deborah- place looks nice! Have a wonderful trip!

AFM- so far no EWCM... CD 13... I had a little bit of what was possibly EWCM over the weekend but it was probaby leftovers yaknow. So I am hopeful. DH will be home Friday, that is CD16... so I'm hoping EWCM and O will hold off jussssst a few more days. Sigh.. I miss Canada and my husband. It was cold in Canada though and Je ne parle (pas?) francais ... not enough to survive Quebec for more than a weekend anyway. Those high school french lessons are rusty and being spoken to in french just made my head spin, my boston talk moves a mile a minute--- in english. hahaha. Anyway, being back at work stinks, husband being gone all week stinks, the cold and rain stinks. BUT- I have no more endo and I didn't O yet so life could be worse.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM

Hi--is this the place I introduce myself? :) Hope so.

I'm 35, husband is 34, and our son is 5. We've been ttc for a little over nine months, with one m/c in July 2011. I intermittently charted and did OPKs during  that time, always with well-timed bd but no luck after the m/c. It's all very mystifying as both conceptions happened on first try.

Went to an RE last month with concerns about late ovulation (as late as CD 23) and possibly a short luteal phase. LP for me is technically 12 days but I start spotting on CD 9-11. I have around a 32-day cycle. I'm pretty sure I usually ovulate.

RE mumbled something about our easy conceptions spoiling us (he used nicer words), but suggested Clomid and Synthroid (the latter b/c my thyroid, while normal, is on the low end and he said there's some evidence to suggest that a little Synthroid can prevent miscarriage).

We're going to do the Clomid (and Synthroid) for three cycles and re-evaluate, perhaps check out the male side of things if that's what we decide. No HSG, as it's a very expensive test and insurance covers 80% (not willing to pony up the 20% at this point). We'll test progesterone (which I suspect b/c of the LP spotting) on CD 21.

I considered going the Vitex route but after reading widely I became frustrated with the lack of good research and consistent information. If it had been otherwise, I would prefer the natural route to the Clomid. I am taking 100 mg of B6 a day along with my prenatals. Took 50 mg last cycle but no changes.

So that's me! I would just like to talk to others going through similar stuff.  I hope you all get your beautiful babes soon! I love parenthood and am really longing to give my son a sibling.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

deborah - well I for one would definitely love Peachy pictures any time :)

hope4light - haha, thank you for the AF dance! We've talked to our RE about it and she agreed that we would do at least one more cycle while preparing for IVF since it'll take a while to get everything in order anyway. At least that's something!
I have everything crossed for you!

SilaMarila - glad your IUI went well! Now lets hope these next 2 weeks go by quickly.
Thanks for the May thread! I cannot believe it is May already.

Gemmine - if the problem is penetrating the egg and the male prenatals dp is taking don't help, they can do ICSI and inject the sperm directly into the egg. It's much more expensive than IVF though so I'm hoping we don't have to go that route.
Are you feeling any better? I'm sorry things have been so rough so far. I hope they start looking up.

monkey - thanks for the support. It is a very frustrating situation, and you're right that doctors tend to disagree over the range. My mom has had similar problems but because she's had her thyroid removed due to cancer and is on synthroid for life. She doesn't feel ok unless her TSH is under 3, but her old specialist refused to increase her dose if she was under 5. I'm going to have to do what you do and ask for lab results in hard copy from now on.
I can't believe you are 25 weeks already! Time is just flying by. Well wishes for you move! I hope everything goes smoothly and that little guy in your belly lets you get some rest.

Sourire - I hope you won't need IVF and that the lap will make things much easier for you! That side effect did sound scary, I'm glad it was over quickly though. Those nurses sound AWFUL! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad you're doing much better. Remember to take it easy and let yourself get away with not doing any of that house work!
AF hasn't showed yet, so I'm calling the clinic tomorrow to let my RE know. Wedding planning is great, thanks for asking. It's getting so close! I'm not sure what I'll do to keep me distracted from fertility stuff once it's over.

Cait - thank you, I really wish there was a free baby this month.
I'm hoping that EWCM and O do hold off for you and wait for your hubby to get home! I want some good Cait news this month. I guess the no more endo is pretty great news though!

zenquaker - welcome! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble, but I do hope your stay here is short and you conceive very soon. I hope we're able to support you while you're here.

AFM, still no AF despite all the AF-is-coming-like cramping I've been having for the past several days. Dp and I attended our IVF class tonight. I was honestly pretty disappointed with it. We got a great information package, but the two hours of talking was all things we've already gone over in appointments. They spent half an hour going over cycle monitoring procedures and why it's so important to do, and I know it's new to some of the patients, but we've been doing it since September/October, so it was hard to listen to. The rest was really like high school science class - how and egg and sperm meet, cell division and all its stages, and how the embryo implants. At least that's out of the way though - one more step in the process! I also saw my gp earlier today and I'm going to be seeing a weight loss specialist. I've lost some weight, but I've been feeling very hopeless because despite the increase in exercise and being so careful with eating, I'm still not losing much. My doctor thinks this will help, so it's worth a shot. I'm willing to try anything at this point, although I think once the hypothyroidism is treated properly things may get a little easier.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Old 05-02-2012, 04:04 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

wantingonemore - I hope your husband's vasectomy reversal can be figured out.  No sperm sucks.  DH and I are going through that right now.  So far the urologist doesn't have any idea why my DH has no sperm and unfortunately DH has no children yet.

zenquaker - I am dealing with hypothyroid.  I get the late ovulation as well (CD 18-25).  Try to get Synthroid and not the generic to see if that can be fixed.  There appear to be absorption issues for hypothyroid people and generic synthroid doesn't always cut it.  I am going to talk to my doctor since this month my ovulation is still taking forever.  I have been on generic synthroid since Dec. 2011.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 AM

Sourire - I'm hoping that you're right and you won't need to head down the path of IVF.  New and shiny is always good!  I'm glad that the strange side effect went away quick, but I have to say those nurses sound downright awful.  As if you're not going through enough, they have to be horrible to you.  Yeah to feeling better and being on the mend!

tf2b - Yep, see my AFM below!!  Yeah for O holding off so that your DH can make it home in time!!

zen - welcome!  I hope that your stay here is short and sweet.  It's a great group of supportive woman here!

shesaidboom - At least only 1 more cycle.  That's tolerable, right?  I'm so glad that I never had to go through a 'class' per se.  We just did our teaching with a nurse, one on one.  I'm sorry that you're feeling hopeless on the weight loss front, I hope the GP can help.  I'm glad you're being careful about it though.

mexi - how are you?  you've been quite and I'm hoping everything is good and it's just because you're tired!!!

AFM - took another test this morning, and it came up nice and dark!  I'm so hopeful that this is a sticky baby!  I talked to the nurse yesterday and she offered to move up my beta, but I actually turned her down.  I don't know why, but for some reason I think Friday's a good day for it, so that's what I'll do.  I think it's because I want to not be stressing about numbers, so by waiting hopefully that won't happen, you know? 

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 AM

joy.gifYay Hope!!!! joy.gif

Welcome zenquaker and wantingonemore . Hoping to get to know you both better and that youre starting on the path to a baby!

shesaidboom- I'm glad they referred you to a specialist, hopefully he or she will truely understand weight loss with hypothryroid and be able to help insted of just saying eat differently exercise like most nutritionists say. The thyroid is an amazing thing. One of the first things my NaPro doctor recommended was an iodine supplement. I know months ago I went into it but he said the ovaries need iodine to function so if you don't have enough iodine your thyroid is very efficient at seeking out iodine and it sucks it all up, while the ovaries need it they aren't as good at seeking out iodine so even if your thryoid is 'normal' you may still be lower in iodine to having properly functioning ovaries. http://www.1-thyroid.com/weight.htm That is the website he referred me to, I just use iodine from kelp from wholefoods since I wanted to start ASAP and not wait for an online order (and it has 250 pills or something crazy, so I haven't run out to need a new order) but he recommended the one from this site. I'm not sure how this relates to hypothyroid but maybe it is worth a look.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:03 PM

For Shesaidboom (and anyone else who loves Peachy pictures): She thinks she's tiny and is in a laundry basket. This is from shortly after we got her, but she also was lying in a different one about a week after I delivered the boys when I got out of the shower. Zen and Hoping- Welcome and I hope your stay is nice and short. AFM- Having a hard time today- I was supposed to be starting the 3rd tri, but instead I'm having horrible abdominal pain. I was hoping not to have to be super proactive about conceiving for a couple of months, but I don't know how long I can deal with the pain from the Endo. I realize pregnancy doesn't solve the issue, but it is nice to get a reprieve while pregnant.

2011-11-02 22.07.32.jpg

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 05-02-2012, 03:06 PM

stalking.... ;)

toothfairy - Fingers crossed that the 3 pills on just day 3 will work.  I like that your napro doctors are willing to do something different.  Maybe since you O on your own already the RE was just overwhelming your ovaries.

sourire - Hope the lap pays off...

Hope - I hope your blood work on Friday comes back with good numbers.  I think waiting makes sense, but at the same time I know you so want to know.  Have you had any early symptoms?  Weepy, oily skin, sleepy, etc.?

Deborah - Your peaches reminds me of my puppy.  He has that tan coat with white paws and little white on his nose. :)

Gem - yeah for good news about the cyst!

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:51 PM

Toothfairy2be, have you been taking the iodine long?  I have been reading about iodine and selenium.  I will have to look into iodine at the health store. I tried to find some at the pharmacy, but I couldn't find any.  I did pick up some D3 because this month has been 14 days straight of EWCM. Today it seemed to have disappeared so hopefully tomorrow my temp will rise.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the heads-up about the generic Synthroid, Lilac! I will keep that on my radar. This is my first month of trying to adjust things with meds (other than a little B6), so we'll see. My mother is hypothyroid and I wonder if I'm developing it.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:01 PM

Zen- I'm not sure which post you are looking at and whether she said to take generic or not, but it is best not to take generic since it is not as well regulated. Switching from generic to brand made my thyroid levels go down from 7.7 to 2.3.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 05-02-2012, 09:02 PM

Wissa- You'll have to share pics of your furkid too. Speaking of furkids- My little Peachy is going to graduate from her Control Unleashed class next week!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:55 PM

Hey ladies, I've been stopping in to read along, but not commenting much.  But I did want to give my congrats to Hope! Fabulous news! Also, Sourire! I also had a similar reaction. After my D&C, which included anesthesia, my arms and legs were asleep. Complete with the tingling, the dead feeling, etc.  It also scared the bejesus out of me! With that said, it didn't kick in until the evening.

AFM, Just trucking along at 8 DPO.  This was my first Clomid cycle with trigger shot and I've been testing out the trigger.  This enables my POAS addiction. wink1.gif

Good evening, ladies!

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 AM

My temp jumped today so my period should be here in 2 weeks.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 AM

Hi all,

I've been following the thread daily despite not writing much. Just wanted to pop on to congratulate Hope! So excited for you. I'm sure youre beta will be nice and high on Friday!

Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'm back! I very briefly skimmed through...to all the newbies welcome! Let me know if you have a blurb you want to add to the front. I'll update tomorrow most likely.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:08 PM

Hi Ladies!!! I have missed so much and i have missed you ladies so bad!!! I'm going thru a lot with DH right now.  He has scheduled his Vasectomy for next friday. *MAY 11th   So if we didn't get pregnant this month then we won't be getting pregnant.  I am sooooooo lost!  He is so against having more kids and i have no idea why.  It is killing our relationship and it's literally killing me inside.  Everyone can see a difference in me and I just don't know how to cope!!!  It's almost like he doesn't care what i think or how i feel about it.  I wanted to stop by and say that it was really great getting to know each of you over the past 13 months and I can't believe that we had already been trying that long and still nothing yet again.  I will still peek in from time to time but I believe that it's time that I admit that my name needs to be removed from TTC....because there's no need in holding on to hope that will never come.  Love you ladies and i wish you all well.  I won't be talking about TTC anymore but i will come to encourage each one of you to follow your dreams and pray that you all get the little ones that you have been praying/ hoping for for so long!!!

Love,
Brandy

Could you please remove me from the list?

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 PM

Brichole- So sorry.hug2.gif. AFM-Sila. Will you please update my blurb to indicate one month preventing (to get body as close to back to normal as possible) and then actively trying on our own starting in June? 

Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 PM

Brichole- I've been wondering about you & am sad to hear of this turn of events. I will pray for your healing and your family. Keep in touch my friend.

Ewcm today and a nearly positive opk... Dh is home in the middle of the night and is feeling sick... So plan is DTD when i get home around 130 tomorrow and keep taking OPKs til they are negative. Ahh back on the 2ww train... Coming soon!

Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 AM

Brichole, hug2.gif we will miss you, my friend!

Toothfairy, YAH!! Good luck and most importantly, I'm hoping that your BFP is right around the corner!

Sourire, I hope you're feeling better! It sounds like an awful experience but you are definitely taking it like a trooper!

Shesaidboom, I've been quietly following your progress and I am really upset that you have to go through so many hoops just to get a procedure that you need in order to complete your family. I think it's silly that your put under so many restrictions before you get your IVF. I hope that the weight loss specialist helps and that the treatment for hypothyroidism kick starts your weight loss but please don't feel hopeless. You will get your baby. It's taking a little longer but please have faith in that.

Ok, back to stalking. I hope to see many more BFPs in the coming weeks! 

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

Old 05-04-2012, 06:16 AM

Hope - Congrats!!!  Hope you get a great beta today to put your mind at ease!

Brichole - Sorry hug2.gif

Sourire - Glad the lap is over and your side effects have gone, it sounded scary I'd have probably given myself a panic attack!

TF2B - Yeah for O holding off for your DH's return!!!!

AFM CD 62 today.  The good news is that my hot flashes seem to be gone and I have started to have a bit of cm here and there so hopefully af will decided to show up.  2 more weeks till I see the doctor.  I am bracing myself for bad news.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

(Updated - again newbies if you have anything you want to add to the front page just let me know!)

Monkey - Thanks! I think it's awesome he didn't make me start over too! I'm kind of wondering if I had a better response because this cycle sort of mimicked a natural cycle for me? Rather than try to force my body to O on day 14-18 which I haven't done in YEARS. I can't wait to feel those baby movements again! Good luck with your move! I think you've mentioned it before, but you're birthing at a free-standing birth center with a midwife right? Just wondering. I work at a birth center winky.gif

Hope - I totally understand going back and forth. You'll have an early u/s to check if there is one or two though right? Glad you're trusting your intuition about doing the beta today. I'm secretly hoping there is some kind of thread-keeper's luck floating around...

Sourire - Glad to hear you are recovering! I'm interested to see what your Dr says at your follow up. How frustrating to get conflicting information! Did you get a video or pictures of your surgery?

Cait - You're right, my temperature doesn't change anything! Your vacation sounds nice! Isn't cold in Boston too??? I hate the cold. I'm glad you ad DH have a plan to try to catch O!

Sourire and Cait - I noticed someone in the 30's thread just got a BFP the first cycle after her lap.

zenquaker - Welcome. There are plenty of ladies here that have dealt with LP spotting and LP issues. I know that is a symptom of Endomitriosis, do you have any other symptoms? I'm also TTC#2. I know how hard it is to want a sibling for your child and how sad it is to just see them growing up more and more and still be the only one.

shesaidboom - I hope the weight lost specialist has some ideas for you! Have you seen that extreme tube-up-your-nose-diet on the news lately? Definitely not saying you should do that! - Anyways, sorry the class was kind of boring. 

Hi Krunchy!

Brichole - Sorry! Maybe a miracle will happen...

Smiles - I'm glad it's looking like this cycle might be coming to an end! Do you think you will ovulate first? Since your CM is changing.

AFM - Camping was great. It was nice to get away with my little family. Our spot was on the cliffs over looking ocean and it was really nice. We had a fun beach day with DS who loves the ocean, and my tan is coming along quite nice.

7DPO and pretty boring. I'm being really lazy. I have only been doing easy exercise (to me at least), feel like taking a nap every day (so I do), and going to acupuncture to send as much energy to a potential little bean as possible. My acupuncturist says we've all been through so much and working so hard at this for so long that we are going to do everything we can to make it work and not have to start over. No kidding.

QOTD - For those that have triggered before, have you found it's the typical 10ish days for it to be out of your system? I had 10,000 and it has a half life of 23h so that would be like 10 days right? Maybe 12 max? I'm not going to test the trigger because I see no point in wasting a test if I know it will be positive and mean I'm still not pregnant (at least yet). Do you think 12days past trigger/11dpo would be too early?

Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 AM

wissa - Hi!!  I have had some early symptoms, but I'm not sure what is from what, if that makes sense.  I actually wrote a lot of it down (sad, right?) 

3dp3dt - bloating, shortness of breath, craving pickes

4dp3dt - same and some minor twinges in abdomin.

5dp3dt - twinges

6dp3dt - hot flashes began, more twinges

7dp3dt - all of the above, starting to be more hungry and pee more.

9dp3dt - starting to get tired.

This all kept up through about 12dp3dt, then the bloating got real bad.  Lots of weight gain, tired got worse. 

14dp3dt - heavy breakout on my chest.  Ugh. 

krunchyk - Thank you!  Yeah for 1/2 way through the 2ww!!

2cuties - awe, thank you!

brichole - I'm so sorry hun.  It's never good when you're not on the same page.  Please make sure you try to talk with him, either just the 2 of you, or with a counselor, however you can make it happen.  If you don't, it will finish killing your relationship.  I wish I could send you big hugs right now, it's just not fair.

deborah - adorable pic!!  Yeah for active trying next month!!

Smiles - it did!  I'm glad that the hot flashes have gone away.  I still keep hoping that you'll get good news, but I understand preparing yourself for the worst.

Sila - I'm hoping you're right, threadkeepers luck would mean this is your month!!  Oh the camping sounds wonderful!  For your QOTD - I POAS at 10dp3dt, so about 13dpo, and the positive I got was the real thing.  It was pretty light, so I'm actually glad that I didn't test any before that.  I've never been a tester before other than that, but I know that others get their BFP earlier!!

AFM - Beta was great today, at 15dp3dt it was 488.2.  I do have a case of moderate hyperstimulation though, so I had an IV of Albumin, which my numbers were low on.  They are hoping it helps my body release some of this fluid, since I look 6 months pregnant and people are asking.  Ah well, I'll take it!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

P4 at 7dpo was 12. My RE said they are looking for over 10. Which seems low for a medicated cycle? Anyways, she said I don't need to supplement. Of course there is no research correlating high P4 or low P4 with pregnancy, but I wanted it to be higher? Just trying not to make myself crazy...1 week to go...

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List