Clomid, hunger, early ovulation? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering if anyone has had insatiable hunger as a side effect of Clomid. Today I'm eating everything that's not nailed down and hungry an hour or two later!

I also go so tired in the middle of the afternoon I took a long nap. I haven't been that tired since I was pregnant with my son. AND I've had patches of EWCM since CD 6, the day before my last pill (did 3-7).

I'm CD 11 today. Temp is still low. On my own I ovulate CD 17-23---does it sound like I might be gearing up to O in the next day or two?

Not doing OPKs b/c they're expensive, annoying, and I hear Clomid can skew results. Charting BBT and BDing at least eod. Might do every day if I keep getting signs.

Thoughts? Common experiences?

Thanks, ladies!

#2 of 9 Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Well, this morning my temp was WAY down and I had some left-side pelvic pain so I'm thinking O is imminent. Bd'ed last night and this a.m. just in case. Hope I get my temp spike tomorrow morning!
#3 of 9 Old 05-06-2012, 07:18 AM

Hunger has definitely increased for me since Clomid. I've also done Provera twice and that definitely increases hunger. I've gained weight since I started meds and I HATE it and SO frustrated with it.

You have some signs that point to ovulating soon. Are you not being monitored by an RE? If not then a bbt rise will be the only way to confirm ovulation. I think the common rule is that you should ovulate somewhere between 5-12 days after your last dose of Clomid.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#4 of 9 Old 05-06-2012, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Nope, not being monitored. I asked about that and all he said was, "no, we won't monitor." I didn't press the issue because I didn't know very much about Clomid at that point. Also, I ovulate on my own--just late--so I don't think he felt there was a need to check for it. I will get a progesterone test on CD 21. Honestly I don't think he thinks I have an issue. I conceived both my son and our second pregnancy (possible blighted ovum) on the first try and it has only been seven months since the miscarriage. But I basically said, "I know my body and the research and I'm 35, so I'd like to look into other possibilities."

I've continued to have very localized pain/pressure on the left side (I said right above in error) and that plus the temp drop makes me think I'm going to have a spike tomorrow morning.

We'll see! I would certainly love to have ovulated closer to the middle of my cycle.

#5 of 9 Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Nope, RIGHT side. It's the right side definitely. Not that it matters!

#6 of 9 Old 05-08-2012, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm. Temp has not gone up yet, but pain has subsided. I'm hoping I was feeling the follicles grow.

Had some EWCM today and popped a Mucinex just for a little extra boost. Hoping temp will rise tomorrow or the next day!

Anybody else around the same point?

#7 of 9 Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM

Im on day 4 of Clomid. I have had the hunger spikes but didn't even realize that this could happen.. Im starving right now!!! lol.. I have no idea what to do next or what to expect. I have never had a baby and my husband and I tried for about 2 years we had no luck. So my doctor put me on clomid. Does anyone know when I should start intercourse? Or how the temperature gauging works?

#8 of 9 Old 05-22-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Lovely Lizzie (love your name!), you are supposed to ovulate 5-12 days after your last pill. My rule of thumb is to have intercourse every other day from the first day your flow stops until three days after a positive OPK or three days after your temp spike indicating ovulation. I ovulated 9 days after my last pill this month.

Lizzie, check out fertilityfriend.com. There are tutorials on how to start temping. It's such a great tool even when you're not ttc.

A warning that Clomid will cause your temps to stay high while you take the pills and for a few days after. Then they will stabilize for a few days before ovulation. So don't be worried if you see crazy temps for a while after AF.

Good luck!

#9 of 9 Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 AM

lizzy - zen has some good advice. That is what I would also suggest if you are doing Clomid un monitored. 

Zen - That is odd, my temps have always been very consistent and low almost flatlined even during my 3 cycles of taking Clomid.

I think because I knew it coming this time I have worked really hard on the hunger and over-eating side effect I have had from Clomid. However though I have had better control over it this time around, I still experience a lot of water-retention weight gain and bloating before ovulation. Thankfully I seem to lose it during my LP.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page