Summer IVF Thread: Summer Embies Bring Spring Babies!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 879 Old 06-19-2012, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aura- I am on Concept DHA. I was on it with the boys and didn't have much trouble. However, I recently bought some food-based ones and am considering switching to see if they work better. You like the citranatal? Is it OTC or prescription? Thanks everyone! Looking good so far, but still trying not to get my hopes up.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#302 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 06:24 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Blue - the interlipids took about two hours. I have a big bruise on my arm but other than that, and bring cold, it was fine. It is 104 degrees here. Ds may be getting sick. He was up at night with a stuffy nose but I hope it is just because of the constant air conditioning.

Silver - sorry. Hugs to you.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#303 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 AM

Thanks Blue- she is getting big now almost doubling her birth weight! Ive updated my picture!

Deb- hoping it will be easy for you this time around! And this is your month!!

Rcr- thinking of you following along hoping this is the cycle!! Wishing I choice vegas to go my cycles!! Lol

Thinking of everyone else and following along!! smile.gif
#304 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 07:41 AM

Lyndi- I sure hope so! Looking good so far. Usually my temp has plummeted by now (9 dpo) and it hasn't yet :-). Crossing fingers, toes, and everything else.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#305 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 AM

Deborah- thanks, that was helpful. I have to get out of this head-space. I just have a lot of challenges to overcome. The BFP is the first one. These headaches are making it hard for me to think clearly. I just want to be able to see a heartbeat and get past 8wks. The headaches are the only real pregnancy sign I have had in the last two days! Can I interpret this as ok still, because I have them and not nothings! What do you think? My first pre-natal appointment isn't till the 28th. Is this too late?

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#306 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 11:26 AM

I had lots of headaches with my boys- this is a good sign of blood pumping where it needs to be going. I think the 28th isn't too far off especially since there is not much they can see before 6 or 7 weeks. If you are really concerned, call your provider and explain your concerns. At the very least he/she can talk you through the feelings.

#307 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Deborah- no, thanks so much. that really puts my mind at ease more. Your right I don't think there is much OB can do right now anyways. I have never gotten past 8wks before. this is nerve racking for me after so long of not getting pregnant at all. But your right. I will take the headaches as a good sign. thanks. apreciate it!

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#308 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM

Glad I could calm you at least a little bit.

#309 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 PM
rcr

Deborah- wow, I am vetting excited for you.

My appointment is 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#310 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 06:52 PM

rcr- can't wait for the update!! 

deportivo, it will be nice to see what the dr has to say, i wonder what they will have you do differently this time around.

it was a little crazy to be walking all through the city today in 97 degree weather.  it was HOT.  very sweaty, very very sweaty.  i sat down with the cranky nurse to go over my calendar, and she was nice enough.  later in the lobby she made a snarky comment about another nurse "not getting the email", but whatever!  i don't think i have to deal with her much now that she's ordered my meds.  i did have a very pleasant saline ultrasound with dr t.  i tensed up waiting for terrible pain, and i honestly didn't realize the catheter was in until he let me look at the screen to see the fluid going in! he said everything looks clear and good, and we can rule out any physical issues in the uterus once we get the endometritis under control.  i asked him if the doxy was going to interfere with the effectiveness of the birth control pills, and he told me that i could get pregnant.  we both had a good laugh at that one!  i enjoy his personality, he was full of corny jokes today and really made me feel at ease.  can i say again how glad i am to have met him?  granted, i hope he can give me a successful cycle, but i feel at least he is erasing my doubt.  

hope everyone is doing well! 

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#311 of 879 Old 06-20-2012, 09:14 PM

RCR- I sure hope these temps are not a fluke :-).  Thinking of you for your appointment tomorrow. Who has prenatals that aren't bothering their belly/digestive system/bowels and what brand are they? Mine are causing problems. Took the food-based one last night and still had pain. Ugh.

#312 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

deborah - My OB said I could take 2 flintstones vitamins instead of regular prenatals cause they were causing me all kinds of stomach issues and gagging.   

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#313 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 AM

Kewpie- I can't take the Flintstones ones. I'm allergic to wheat and soy. The chalky ones have soy and the gummmies have wheat.

#314 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 AM

Also, BFN this morning, but temp still above coverline (looks like it dropped-even above coverline that early), but I was also up really early and an hour and a half later was at 97.9, but that wasn't a good solid 3 hour block so I used the earlier one).

#315 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 AM

Deborah- I hope this helps. My stomach is super sensitive to everything. These ones I found were fine, The Ultimate Expecting, New Chapter. The Ultimate One; I didn't think it had great absorbency! I didn't find it to be the best. New Chapter, I took at anytime on an empty stomach it was fine.

The pre-natal that I love right now is; Preg-Vit Duchesnay. I had my doctor prescribe this. I take one in morning and one at night. The vitamin is split in two for maximum absorbency. I find it is great. I do make sure that it is say within a half hour of eating breakfast and dinner. Might be worth trying. this is the one I use now.

Also, I wanted to mention. I had ordered fertile aid for men, out of desperation for DH! I found this on the website; fertile CM. I started taking this because one of my issues I found. I noticed I had little to no CM, basically like I had dried up. Since, it had been so long we were not getting pregnant at all, than the chemical pregnancy. I figured that I also had a problem with implanting.

If you havn't tried this yet it might be worth a shot! It made a difference in my CM I know that for sure! Also, no problems with my stomach. Since you are trying natural cycles they also have fertile aid for women; a pre-natal or multi. This might be a good option too for pre-natal. If you havn't already tried this.

I started trying everything out of desperation. Hopefully this helps. Really really hope you get your free baby!!!

#316 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 AM

Deborah - The one I've always taken is Rainbow Light prenatal One vitamins.  They are a vegetarian based vitamin.  I would just buy them in the health food store and they were a little pricey, but it was what my acupuncturist had recommended many yrs ago.  Here is a link so you can maybe look and see if there is anything you are allergic to in them. It says here it is suppose to be a "no stomach upset" pill.  I would take them w/ dinner too so I'm not sure if that helped or not.  Good luck!!

http://www.rainbowlight.com/multivitamins-prenatal-one-multivitamin.aspx

rcr - how did it go?  I know w/ the time change maybe you haven't even been there yet.  Are you adjusted to the time yet?  How is ds doing??  Hope he doesn't get sick!

Aura - glad the u/s went well and everything looked good.  It really does help to have an RE that you like and trust!!  Keep us posted.

Deport - Fingers crossed for you!!  Can't wait to hear how your first appt goes!!!

Teresa - any more news????  Hope all is well.

Silver - thinking of you!!!

AFM - i just got off of a 45 min phone call (most of it was me being on hold listening to their awful music) w/ our old insurance comp about a IVF monitoring blood work bill from last July.  Uggh.  Drives me nuts b/c the office coded it wrong, so that insurance wouldn't pay for it and I've been waiting for them to re-submit it w/ the infertility testing code so they can re-submit it.  Sometimes i wonder if i should just pay the darn thing b/c this has been going on for so long now and i'm so tired of chasing all these people around to try and get it fixed.  irked.gif  This is the excitement in my life right now!!!!!!! LOL

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#317 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 AM

Deportivo- I used to have a ton of cm but haven't seen much since the boys, so I may try that next month. Still no sign of AF so I'm holding out hope for a couple more days anyway. Blue- Unfortunately, rainbow light has soy lecithin. Some people don't react to it, but I do. Soy is in just about everything which makes this incredibly challenging.

#318 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 10:32 AM

Aura- Yeah, I am wondering what he will do, hopefully something. My first appointment is next Thursday. They told me that progesterone is normal pregnancy level, so i hope that works out. That my levels were good. The pain that I have been having in my stomach has settled down. I don't know. So, far symptoms have been different.

blue- thanks, my first appointment with OB is next Thursday. If I can make it till then. If this little one can stay with me.

rcr- Hope everything is going well!!!!!!

#319 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 10:32 AM

Deportivo- New chapter has- Contains: Fermented soy.

#320 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 10:39 AM

Fertileaid looks promising! Thanks Deportivo :-).

#321 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 AM

Deborah- Fertile aid might be a good option for you. Hopefully. All natural. I feel like it made a huge difference with CM. I got this BFP after a month of taking it. I feel like it might have made a difference for implantation.

#322 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

deborah - bummer!  I hope you can find one that works.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#323 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 12:38 PM
rcr

It has been a crazy morning. I have 9 measureable follies plus a few smaller ones. Doc asked if we were doing donor sperm.and I told him we were not. Then he said that he recommends it because we have had zero fertilization. So I decided to do it. I called all three. Companies they recommended and only one. Could do it on short notice since I need it tomorrow. They said I.had to decide on donors on 1 hour! Plus I don't have a. Computer here! So I called dh and told him.to pick out three. He called me back and without even looking at them I ordered one - the only one of the three that is available. Then I looked at his profile Online and saw that he was born in 1971! So I called back to see if I can switch but none of the others were available. The lady said that he was a very good donor and he had three recent pregnancies and two births so they let him stilldonate even though their cutoff age is 38. So now I am worried about his age. Do you think I should worry? We are doing half donor and half dh sperm so hopefully dh works out. I am triggering tonight. Retrieval on Saturday.

#324 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 01:24 PM

Deport -is fertile aid like Pre-seed??  Is it a pill you take or something you use right before DTD to increase fluids down there to help the swimmers get to where they need to go?? 

rcr - OMG!!!!  I can't believe after all that you had to make that decision right then and there!  Wow, kudos to your DH for picking so quickly.  Maybe it is better that you didn't have a lot of time b/c then you might have spent tons of time picking through all of them and this way the decision was done and made.  I wouldn't worry about the age at all.  I guess I don't understand why it is a worry but maybe there is something I don't know about w/ age and picking donor sperm.  You will have to fill me in.  What type of trigger are you using tonight?  Good luck!  Thinking of you!  I can't believe how fast this has gone for you... maybe it's just me.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#325 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 02:08 PM

Blue- it is a vitamin. Just a supplement. I was willing to try anything and everything before this BFP.

rcr- wow, thats crazy. I am glad things are moving along though. I hope DH's sperm makes it. I don't think that I would worry about the donor if they say he has had success. I think your ok there. That's crazy how fast you had to make that decision. I hope you get your healthy baby from this cycle. So rooting for you!!! Can't wait to hear more about the transfer.

#326 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM

rcr- it's almost a blessing that your dh just picked someone and you didn't have too much time to obsess over it.  in the end, it won't matter much if you have a happy, healthy baby. and this was you can rule out if it truly is or isn't a sperm issue.  which company did you go with? i called today to place my order for sperm but california cryobank has all these forms i need to fill out first, which i find annoying.  xytex was so much easier to work with!  i'm so excited for you to trigger!  how is vegas treating you? how is your ds feeling?  it's 100 degrees on the east coast too, if that makes you feel any better. 

deborah, i am having a hard time finding the ingredients for the citranatal dha, but i love it.  it's prescription, and has not given me any stomach issues.

afm, i tried to order sperm today, but there are a ton of forms to fill out first, so they placed my vials on hold.  rcr, what kind of vials did they tell you to buy?  my last RE wanted IUI vials because they said they wanted to wash the samples themselves.  SIRM is saying to get ICI vials for the same reason, and they're cheaper than IUI vials because they are unwashed.  confused!  but if they said i can get ICI, i will get ICI.  

i also bought my meds today.  i am picking a few last minute items up from uber generous donors (!!), and i'm going to have my dr call the little things like cipro into my cvs for insurance coverage, but it looks like my bill is almost cut in half!  the only thing i am now panicking about is this big cetrotide shortage.  i have five vials at home, and i am hoping that the manufacturer will have more to ship out by my cycle.  however the worst case scenario is that i can't get it and they will have to keep me on lupron instead.  i cannot even image almost a month straight of lupron! i worry that this will have a different effect than what the dr had originally wanted, even though there isn't much i can do about it at this point other than delay my cycle.  freedom told me to call at the end of next week, but i may try calling a couple times through the week in case i can catch a few boxes.  they don't have a waiting list or anything, which is disappointing.  fingers crossed the manufacturer can pump it out really fast!

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#327 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 03:04 PM
rcr

Deport- dh is on male fertilaid and it has done a great job at improvisation.g his sperm.9

As for the age of the donor. I called back and asked a few more questions. The woman I spoke with said that it is likely that one of the pregnancies actually came from the sample that I bought, since I only got one. Vial and one sample makes several vials. So I am probably worrying about nothing. I am such a worrier. I am taking.g an hcg shot, blue. It is crazy that a donor was picked in 10 minutes when I probaably would have spent weeks makindecisionn if I had thetime

Gab! I hate typing from my phone! Sorry for the typos.

#328 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM

rcr, oh my!!  Glad you got the donor picked and shipped in time, what a crazy (and I imagine stressful) situation!  Glad to hear the donor has recent pregnancies!  Hoping for lots of fertilization from both your DH and the donor!  Keep us posted!

blue, ugh to insurance stuff.  I am working on straightening one out too, and it's so frustrating trying to coordinate between different hospitals and insurance companies!

Aura, all the drug shortages have been nuts the past year or so!!  I hope you get what you need.  I would definitely call a few times just to check!!  I lol'd at your comment about the wipes and the hot weather :) so totally something I would do!!!!

Thinking positive thoughts for everyone!!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#329 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 05:05 PM

RCR: That is so crazy! I'm glad your DH did the choosing. And in the end, it probably is better not to agonize about the decision. I hope DH"s boys get the job done anyway - but if not, you will love love love your baby no matter what! How stressful though! OMG! It reminds me of that tv game show where they can use a lifeline and call someone for help answering a question, but that person only has like a minute to help them pick an answer. I hope your DS is feeling better and you get some nice relaxation in between now and Saturday. I am just so thrilled that you are making it to retreival again! Praying you get lots of healthy embies and your LONG awaited BFP!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#330 of 879 Old 06-21-2012, 05:44 PM
rcr

Aura- I used xytex. The other companies wanted me to fill out way too much paperwork. Yay for. Cutting the med bill in half! I sure hope you do.t have to stay on lupron.Vegas is good. I am picking up dh in a few hours and we are going to to Hoover dam tomorrow.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page