Summer IVF Thread: Summer Embies Bring Spring Babies!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 879 Old 06-24-2012, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

rcr, I am so happy that they decided to have you split the eggs with donor sperm last minute.  I am sorry your DH is a little down about it, but it's great news that you have 3 growing embies!!!!  It would have been really hard if you went all the way out to Vegas and ended up without any being fertilized.  I am so excited to hear how things are going Tuesday and I hope you enjoy your trip tomorrow!  You are such a trooper doing so much after ER!!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#362 of 879 Old 06-24-2012, 06:58 PM

Yah RCR! Grow embies!

Aura, can't wait for your retrieval! I'm rooting for you so hard!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#363 of 879 Old 06-24-2012, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Stalking RCR- yay for growing embies! So glad your retreival went well & you are enjoying your vegas vacation!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 @10w , FET 5/21/13 @7w, IVF 10/11/13 @5w, FET 2/2/14 @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts.
******8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** *40
#364 of 879 Old 06-24-2012, 07:37 PM

rcr - That is great news that you got 6 mature.  Fingers still crossed for this cycle.  Glad you all are having a good time out there and doing some fun things together.  Can't wait to hear from you on Tues!!!!  joy.gif  Sure glad that the Dr talked you guys into trying donor sperm as well.

Aura - I LOVE pinterest!!!!  It is so fun and I have found a few things on there already.  I was thinking of doing a patio B-day party but now that i look at the weather it looks like it is suppose to be in the mid 90's and rain and I can't have tons of people in my house b/c they won't all fit and it's much more fun to all be able to hang out outside.  So not sure what we will do.  Also since it's for DH's b-day I didn't want to have to make him in charge of the grilling which normally he does the grilling.  So we will see.  I just hate having all of it fall on my shoulders b/c I know it will but we will see.

Renavoo - I'm so impressed that you are popping in here w/ all that you have been through and I'm sure you are very sleep deprived too.  Hope things are going well and easier each day. 

Silver - yes, i was thinking of a patio party outside and no cover what so ever and the weather looks like it is going to be mid 90's and rain so it might not be happening this weekend.  We will see.  Thinking of you!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#365 of 879 Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 PM

Oh. BTW still in reproductive limbo. BFNs, but no AF.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#366 of 879 Old 06-25-2012, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Wow, I have missed a TON since I was on vacation!!

teresa - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was just vanishing twin.  That can mess with your HCG numbers.  Let us know how today/tomorrow goes.

deport - CONGRATULATIONS!

rcr - CONGRATS on 8 eggs and 3 embies!  Can't wait to hear about the transfer!!!  Glad that you got some donor sperm at the last minute.

To everyone else - HI and good luck!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#367 of 879 Old 06-25-2012, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

rcr - fantastic!!!  I hope they continue to thrive!  

blue - I LOVE LOVE LOVE throwing parties!  How many people are you thinking of having?  Is a BBQ something you could do?  That's usually pretty easy to throw together.  

Deborah - so sorry this wasn't your month :(

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#368 of 879 Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

rcr: great news on the 3 embies! Hope their growing well.  You'll be on tww before you know it! I'm sorry about your dh's sperm but the silver lining is, now you know sperm is an issue and you have not got to make a difficult decisson like whether to have one low quality dh embie or two high quality donnor embies.  Thank goodness you got that sperm in time! I hope you enjoyed your train trip.  I love travling by train, which is a good thing as I appear to be spending most of the summer doing that!

Aura: Yes both my old and new re's advised 75mg DHEA.  I'm now even more spotty now I'm on the correct dose.  I hope it clears up before my firneds wedding.  So exciting to be going again soon! Good luck!

Renavoo: Thanks I wished you conratulations over on the other thread!

Blue: well I hope your party works out OK.  I have a gazebo and I find it really good for summer parties.  The men putting it up always breaks the ice.

Hope: Hi hope you had a great vacation

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#369 of 879 Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

rcr: I am so, so excited about your three growing embies!!! This has to be it for you :) I'm sure it's hard for DH, but at least you guys are moving forward. How has the sightseeing been?

blue: I make a mean orzo salad for parties (serves a lot!). Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM the recipe to you!!

renavoo: The babes are beautiful - congratulations!!! Looking forward to more pics soon :) Hope you're feeling OK and that you get some sleep soon. I'll keep stalking you on the grads thread!

aura: Hope you are enjoying your last two lupron-free days :)

Everyone else: HI!!!

AFM: So, my HCG went back up to 59 on Friday (from 44 on Wednesday). Today the number was at 136 - not exactly doubling properly, but at least it's rising, right? I spoke to a snippy nurse from RMA on the phone. She said that I'm on ectopic precaution watch. My three outcomes are: ectopic, miscarriage, and normal pregnancy. She told me to go back to the clinic on Thursday for blood work and ultrasound. I asked if an ultrasound was really appropriate given that my beta won't be anywhere near the 2000 mark (which is what my u/s tech said is needed in order to see anything), and the nurse says to me, "It's not just about numbers, Teresa." Um, ok. I've been schooled!!! So yeah, I think I'm internalizing right now - not quite sure what to think. I have an appointment with my RE tomorrow. Hoping for the best :)

#370 of 879 Old 06-25-2012, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
teresa, the waiting game is SO hard, but I'm so glad to see movement in the right direction! Keep us updated! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#371 of 879 Old 06-25-2012, 03:17 PM

Kewpie- Thanks. I am actually quite excited though because my LP has extended by 2 days!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#372 of 879 Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 PM

I take it back. AF is not here yet. No more flow. My body seems to be very confused.

#373 of 879 Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 PM

Teresa - Yay for a hcg raise!!!!  Wow, I'm mad at that nurse!!!  She should be a little more considerate and stay more positive.  Grrrr!!!!  Sending you lots of sticky, healthy, growing vibes goodvibes.gif and praying that all turns out just fine.  Sure, I'd love the recipe... not sure if the party will happen or not, but still would love the recipe.  Sounds great.  Thx.

Silver -  Is it like a tent type thing that you are talking about that has 4 legs that you put up and then when you aren't using it it fits into a bag? If so I have seen those but we don't have one.   Hope you are having a good summer so far.  What's going on w/ your cycle?

Kewpie -  I'm thinking of doing a cookout on our patio or something.  It would be so much easier to just do like drinks and appetizers which would be much more my speed and so much less stressful for me.  I keep asking DH if he wants to do something and he keeps hemming and hawing so I don't know and the weather looks like it might not be in our favor either.  Right now there are 30 people on my list but i feel like i'm forgetting a bunch.

Aura - how are you? Lupron starts soon!!!!  Wahooo!!!! joy.gif

Deborah - I'm so confused by your cycle... I hope you can figure it out?!?!?!  Are you still having spotting or did that stop?  Weird.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#374 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 03:47 AM

Tersa: Glad things are a bit more hopeful.  I don't get thoes three options, aren't they true for all pregancys? I mean when you go for a check up the doc doesn't say "you might live a long healthy life, you mgith die early or you mgith get disabled".  Werid.

Blue: Yes thats what I'm taking about.  Their a good investment for a Bristish summer but I guess it depends what the weathers normaly like where you are.  It won't stop raining here.  I have no idea whats goign on with my cycle, see AFM! At the mo my dates are for ec 6 aug and starting drugs the af before that maybe 19 July?????

rcr: hope fertilization and hol are going well.

Aura: Your cycle is starting soon yes? Good luck!

AFM: So after being longer last month af has decided to turn up way ahead of shedual today (21 days cycle instread of 23/24).  So now I'm back to looking like I can get my appoinmnet before I go away.  I'm so confused.  Basically AF before 3pm fri 20 aug I can get an appoinmnet fri take my drugs to camp and maybe have a scan local to camp (£125 or private scan).  AF 4pm fri 20 till 5.30pm sun 23 and I'd have to get a train home sun night for appoinmnet mon am then travel back to camp (£107 train ticket).  AF 5.30pm sun to 12pm sun I have to leave hol early on tue for a tue appoinmnet (£105 train ticket).  AF monday leave early on wed for a wed appoinmnet and af tue onwards I could have my full hol and appoinment on thur.  Why it it all so complicated! And why can't i know now what it will do! arrg!

Still at least only one more af till I start!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#375 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 06:27 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Transfer is today at 3:00. I don't know how they are doing because doc said he was going to check this morning. I think he may call this morning. I sure hope they are growing strong and healthy! After so long and having nothing to even transfer it would be wonderful to have something to freeze too!

Teresa - glad things are moving in the right directing. Being in limbo is horrible.

Sorry I have not been doing personals. . It is hard to type from my phone.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#376 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 08:35 AM

The spotting stopped yesterday, but today looks more like my normal flow so I think my limbo is over and I have a longer LP than I used to have (3 extra days- woot!).

#377 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 08:43 AM

good luck for your transfer rcr!

#378 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

rcr: So excited for your transfer today!!! I'm keeping everything crossed that it's perfect and that you have a little guy left to freeze.

Silver: Your comment made me laugh hysterically! Good point friend, good point. Ugh, I'm sorry your schedule is going to be so complicated. That's one of the worst things about IF - always trying to anticipate when things are going to fall so you can plan/live your life! I hope it all works out for the best :)

deborah: Sorry AF has been back and forth, but glad your LP has lengthened a bit!

AFM: Met with the Dr. today. He's saying that an ectopic is really very unlikely, but that miscarriage is still a good possibility. I asked how much longer I'll be in limbo, and he said that hopefully we'll know more by the end of next week. He ran panels for immune and blood clotting disorders today in case I lose the pregnancy - 10 vials of blood on an empty stomach. I'm thrilled I didn't pass out (I'm prone to losing it!). HCG and u/s on Thursday, though he doesn't expect to see anything in the uterus or the tubes at this stage. I'm out of town next Mon/Tues, so I'll probably go back the following Thurs. I am really, really trying to stay positive, but I think I'm just doing a bit of suppressing my feelings at this point :( I really appreciate all your good thoughts, and hope you can continue to say prayers and cross digits for us - thanks!!!!

#379 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 AM

RCA...thinking of you. Are you planning to put back two enbies? Fingers crossed!,,

Teresa...praying your little embie continues to fight.

Hello to all..thinking of you.

Afm...had 18 month anatomy scan yesterday. Everything looks good. It's a girl!!! We are over the moon.

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#380 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 AM

rcr- good luck with you transfer. I have high hopes for you!! Really want to see you with emby to freeze!!!!ALL the best wishes for you today.

teresa- sounds like you are staying strong. I hope things turn around. If not, I know all too well what that can be like. Feel free to pm me if you get down. I am still pulling for you and want and pray you can pull through this.

deborah- glad you made a difference in you lp. I too managed to change things with my cycle. Ever since my miscarriages before, I found my cycles never really were the same again.

Hope- thanks. I will have more to update by the 3rd. Hopefor good news. I am scared, and excited. It is hard for me!

Praying- so happy for you! and a healthy girl. Just amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

Silver- thinking of you!

Blue- Hi! Whats new with you!

Tear & Aura- Hi thinking of you!

Hey everyone- Hope in the midst of all the craziness everyone can enjoy some of the sunshine!

AFM- I havn't done much. I am scared and put myself on modified bed-rest out of my own fear. I will have more of an update this Thursday. July third I have an ultrasound. Ultrasound have not gone well for me in the past, but I am hoping things are turning around for me finally!!!

If I could only get though the next few weeks! It would be a dream come true!

I have high hopes for transfers going on right now. Wish you all the most success. Sending healthy baby thoughts!goodvibes.gif

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#381 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 09:42 AM
rcr

Teresa - being in limbo is horrible. I hope this turns out ok.

Doc just called. He said they are not looking great. Two six cells and one five cell. He wants them to be eight or ten cells now. He wants to wait until day five.to see if they make it, but if I want to transfer today he wants to do all three since they are not great. I don't know what to do. I really just want them back inside me so I am leaning toward transferring today. He said to come know today and we will talk about it and transfer if I want and if they are not doing any worse.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#382 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 10:23 AM

rcr- I would lean more towards transferring today too! They would do much better with you than in the lab! Hope you can decide!

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#383 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 11:23 AM

Tersa: Glad I could make you laugh! Still thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.  It seems postive if it's not ectopic, ectopic will always end badly but a miscardige could happen or not.  Hope you can relax a little and have good news on thursday!

Deportivio: Thanks, wish I could enjoy some sun been raining for weeks on this side of the pond! I hope your pregancy progress well.  I can see being nervous I practicaly put myself on bed rest in my tww but not planing to this time.

Praying: glad your scan went well!

rcr: Thats always a tricky call.  I know a lot clinics prefer day 5 trasnferes but to me that would be becuase you know you've picked the best.  If your going to do all three I can't see what the benifit of waiting would be.

#384 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 12:13 PM

Rcr- At work can't talk. I'd say today too but it's so hard. Grrr I can't believe this is happening. More later got to go.

#385 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 PM

Teresa and Rcr, just sending you great vibes.

Teresa, i hope the embie contines to fight. You will have an unbelievably strong baby on your hands!

Rcr, i would transfer today too. Im so sorry the news isn't great but i hope there is a fighter in there. My two embies were really slow too but they ended up freezing and eventually becoming my babies! They were a day and half behind in growth. Hopefully that is what you have!

Silver, i LOLed with your comment about what doctors don't say in the office! So true. The nurse that 'schooled' Teresa needs lessons.

Hi everyone else!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#386 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 01:31 PM
rcr

Rena. Thanks. That is exactly what I needed to hear.

#387 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
rcr

Done. We transfered all three. He said there was one that looked pretty good. Yay.

#388 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 04:15 PM

**stalking**

Rcr - I'm glad one ended up looking pretty good! Just stopping by to make my support known and let you know how much I'm rooting for these embies!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#389 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 04:50 PM

rcr, hooray for transfer!  all it takes is one! like renavoo said, just because they are slow doesn't mean they are out.  did you get to see them? how do you feel?  I hope you get to take it easy today and pamper those embryos. 

teresa, you are still PUPO!! i think you're being incredibly patient, all things considered, and i'm glad your dr is working so closely with you on all this.  and it's good they're doing more bloodwork, it can't be bad to get as much information together as possible.  i'm still rooting for the sesame seed! 

praying, congrats on finding out you have a little lady in there!!

silver, all the travel is insane, but it's insane what we will do to get pregnant! i am sure your summer will be amazing, even with the back and forth for doctors.  do you at least have a good book to read while you're traveling?  i'm so excited for you to try again!

deborah, hooray for three extra days!

deportivo,  rest sounds lovely, how are you feeling?

afm, after a billion phone calls i finally have all my meds.  i'm a little confused as to when to take things, but i guess i will figure it out somehow.  my doxy has to be taken on an empty stomach first thing in the am, lupron is before i go to work, then maybe dex with breakfast at work?  the nurse said to take it with my biggest meal of the day because it could cause stomach upset, but i'm more concerned about insomnia so i'd rather take it early.  since i already have to take a pill for my stomach, a pill for asthma, and a pill for allergies, it gets tricky.  and don't forget bcp and folgard.  i spent some time with my local pharmacist tonight asking him about interactions and what's okay to take with what... it gets confusing!  he also seemed confused as to what i was taking.  at one point he asked me if i was pregnant and i explained we were just trying, but i don't know if he put two and two together as far as IVF is concerned.

here's another question i have... does lupron go in the fridge?  it wasn't shipped to me cold like the gonal pens were, and the bottle says keep below 77 but above 56 degrees.  but the nurse told me it goes in the fridge, and i believe teresa kept hers there as well!  can being cold hurt it?  do you let it warm up first before injecting? i've never kept anything cold except for cetrotide and mixed gonal before, so i'm curious.  

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#390 of 879 Old 06-26-2012, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
rcr, for what it's worth since I'm late to respond, I think inside you is the best place for your three little embies. Trust in your body to nurture and welcome them! goodvibes.gif I'm so happy you are moving forward! love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page