Summer IVF Thread: Summer Embies Bring Spring Babies!! - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2012, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aura: amazing!!!  I also heard drinking whey protein can help prevent OHSS. Rest us! I hope you get a great fert report tomorrow!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
aura, that's amazing!!! Yay! Awaiting your fert report, as I'm sure you are as well. goodvibes.gif

blue, I'm sorry Abby is sick! greensad.gif I hope it's not too hard on all three of you. hug2.gif

rcr, have fun camping! That sounds awesome! love.gif

teresa, I'm so sorry. hug.gif

Hugs to everybody else! grouphug.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 07-22-2012, 05:21 PM

Thanks everyone!  I'm not sure when they make their calls as this is my first cycle with SIRM, but I'll try to not, obsess TOO much tomorrow.  

Cindy, thanks for the heads up on whey protein! I was thinking about picking up some muscle milk or something at 711 on my way to work tomorrow.  

Blue, hope Abby is doing better! It stinks that she's on lock down, but I'm sure you'll find ways to entertain her.  I sure wish I had her to snuggle with today!

Everyone else, I hope you're all doing well!

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
Old 07-22-2012, 05:52 PM

Popping in really quickly to say wow and congrats to Aura and hi to everyone. Things have been sorta crazy for me so I haven't had time to really be around and get to know people. I am still on lupron and am starting my stems late (I was supposed to have started today). Apparently despite birth control & suppression, I ovulated this month. Now I have to wait for my cycle to complete naturally before starting stems. That is not great for us because my husband travels constantly  and trying to get the people who do the booking with clients to give him time at home for this isn't easy. Moving the days should be interesting. We did catch a break though, they booked him for the days that we were set for the transfer. Days he had marked as unavailable on his calender. So when he points this out guilt should make them slightly easier to deal with. It isn't a perfect solution, but I will take it.  upsidedown.gif

namaste.gif 37 married to the greatest guy in the world tiphat.gif45 w/ azoospermia from low T

IVF #1 angel1.gifangel1.gif

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

Old 07-22-2012, 07:20 PM

Hey aura- thats great news. glad the retrieval went well. Wow, good job. Hope there is lots of fertilization going on! I am doing well. A little unsure. I would love to just forget my past experiences but at this point it will have a little fear with my hopes. I am so excited for how things are going for you this cycle. I think you are doing great!

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

Old 07-23-2012, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

blue - I'm sorry that Abby is sick :-(

teresa - I'm so sorry that you're going through this.  I don't blame you for wanting to let your body take care of it naturally.  Big hugs to you.

Nese - Sounds like things are looking good!!

aura - WOW.  That's INSANE!  I hope hope hope you don't have to deal with OHSS.  Keep drinking liquids.  Eat some salt.  Let us know the fert report!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 07-23-2012, 10:34 AM

I'd like to second/third/etc. what everyone has said to everyone else.  AFM-I'm going to call the clinic sometime this afternoon and hopefully set up an appointment for when we get back (I'd love to cancel b/c we get a vacation baby, but I'll be glad to know we have a plan). I thought it was funny that I found DH's SA from last year yesterday. He didn't understand why I was laughing about the timing. Working on getting in shape in the meantime and loving the new DVD I found. Also, Lysteda (Endo drug) is my new best friend!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM

On my phone so I'll do personals tonight, but out of the 35 eggs, 24 were mature and 24 fertilized! I'm so nervous I could puke. Also think I have mild oHss, i gained 6lbs overnight. I am chugging Gatorade, smart water, and muscle milk. The nurse wanted me to come in, but I can't, so she said if I throw up or stop urinating to go to the ER. So far though I'm urinating, so maybe it will just go away! I have acupuncture tonight too.

Can we just fast forward to Wednesday?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 AM

Aura- That fert report is fantastic! I hope that your symptoms stay mild and I hope Wednesday comes quickly for you.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 07-23-2012, 12:59 PM

Wow Aura! That's awesome that all of the mature fertilized!!! Yay!

Nesehola.gif

Me (39): Bilateral Hydrolapinges (both fallopian tubes removed 5/9/2008)
DH (36): no issues
IVF#1 7/7/08: BFN
IVF#2 10/07/08: BFN
IVF #3 ER 7/25/12 - 21 eggs retrieved/ 10 fertilized. 3 day transfer 7/28 praying.gif

Old 07-23-2012, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yay, Aura!!! Grow, little ones, grow! smile.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 07-23-2012, 05:14 PM

Trigger tonight at 8:30. ER Wednesday at 7:30 woo-hoo. report today is 22 follicles sized between 11 and 18. E2 2340 and lining 7. I asked if my lining was OK and was told that it's great and that it will get better by ER.

Nesehola.gif

IVF #3 ER 7/25/12 - 21 eggs retrieved/ 10 fertilized. 3 day transfer 7/28 praying.gif

Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 PM

Nese, great news!! Good luck with your trigger tonight! Your follicles sound a lot like mine did!

Deborah, here's to hoping for that free vacation baby!

Thanks Tear!! How are you feeling these days?? 

Keli, that's crazy that you ovulated, I'm glad things are back on track though.  How are you finding the lupron?

I'm really excited that we had 100% fertilization.  I've always had good fertilization before, but I'm hoping that this is a sign that my eggs really like this new donor's sperm.  I got a call tonight from Dr Wang, and he wanted to check in on me because of the OHSS.  I thought that was pretty sweet.  He told me that once he saw a patient who gained 30 lbs over 4 weeks, and that was the worst case he's ever seen.  I can't even imagine!  I've gained 10 lbs since trigger, 6 last night, but i weighed myself tonight before dinner and I was down 2 lbs so I think Ill be okay.  I'm drinking a TON and treated myself to some of my favorite olives from the store tonight.  He did let me know that it could get worse before it get better, and that I have to email them every day with any weight gain I experience.  I also asked him about waiting to day 5 and he agreed it's the best option.  More waiting!  And now I have no control.  

Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 PM

AURA- Amazing news, grow babies grow. Who's dr Wang, is he in the NY cause I never heard of him, did he do the retrieval or was it Dr T. So So So excited for u.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Dr T is on vacation!  He left Friday, so Dr Wang did my retrieval.  He's really great, and since Dr T trusts him, I do too.  At first I was upset when I heard Dr T was going away (they told me before I started the cycle) but I figure since he did my consult, set up my protocol, and did all my monitoring I'm okay with someone else doing the retrieval and transfer.  At my last RE I saw 6 or 7 different doctors, so it's nothing new to me.  

Dr Wang is new there (he's been there the whole time I've been going, since May at least) but he's got a great bedside manner.  He's young, funny, and really sharp.  Tonight he called at 7 and spent a long time on the phone with me.  I know he was quadruple booked all day today since I heard the nurses setting up his schedule yesterday, but he still found time to check in.  

Old 07-23-2012, 07:24 PM

Aura - That is awesome!!!!!!!  So excited for you!!joy.gif   joy.gif    joy.gifGlad  you are keeping up on the fluids and I hope that the OHSS doesn't get worse.  Abby sends you doggie kisses dog2.gif

Nesse -hope the trigger goes well!  Keep us posted!  Can't wait to hear how it all goes. Just keep telling yourself quality over quantity!!!

Deborah - it's always good to have a plan.

KeliG - sorry to hear about you Ovulating even on the meds.....Crazy.  Good luck w/ the whole planning process and your DH schedule.  What a pain.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 PM

Thanks everyone. Peaches will add doggy kisses to those Abby sent. Peaches was quite funny this morning when I tried to exercise. She thought it was playtime and pinned me down then covered me with kisses.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 PM

Thanks everyone. Peaches will add doggy kisses to those Abby sent. Peaches was quite funny this morning when I tried to exercise. She thought it was playtime and pinned me down then covered me with kisses.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:12 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Aura, that is awesome that 24 of the 35 eggs were mature and all of them fertilized.  Makes me want DH to freeze way more sperm than he has already for when we give IVF a try.

AFM, great weekend of visiting with family at a reunion, my younger sister had a IUI on Friday and if that doesn't work, then they are going to IVF too.  My youngest sister (8 years younger than me) is hoping that she is pregnant too, but she has been trying for just a month or so.  AHHH, too many potentially pregnant sisters.  Next Friday, Aug. 3 is my DH's next sperm freeze.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Nese - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!  Can't wait to hear how the ER goes tomorrow!!

aura - wow, what a great fert report!!!!

lilac - hoping for bunches of swimmers this go round :-)

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 07-24-2012, 07:30 AM

wow i can't believe how behind i am! 

Aura, YAH! What an amazing report. i can't wait to hear the future reports and i bet you're going to have some beautiful embies for your 5 day transfer! It'll be here before you know it. :oD

Blue, sniff for Abby. And double sniff for you and DH! i hope she feels better soon and that you two don't get TOO exhausted keeping her occupied.

Teresa, my heart breaks for you. I was hoping when i signed in today that the news would be great. I'm so sorry. Although I would love it if Deport's experiences were consistent with yours. whatever you do, we're here for you and thinking of you. Big hugs.

Everyone else, hi! Let's get some BFPs!

tiphat.gif

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

Old 07-24-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renavoo View Post

wow i can't believe how behind i am! 

Aura, YAH! What an amazing report. i can't wait to hear the future reports and i bet you're going to have some beautiful embies for your 5 day transfer! It'll be here before you know it. :oD

Blue, sniff for Abby. And double sniff for you and DH! i hope she feels better soon and that you two don't get TOO exhausted keeping her occupied.

Teresa, my heart breaks for you. I was hoping when i signed in today that the news would be great. I'm so sorry. Although I would love it if Deport's experiences were consistent with yours. whatever you do, we're here for you and thinking of you. Big hugs.

Everyone else, hi! Let's get some BFPs!

tiphat.gif

I don't really understand this comment about you would love her experiences to be consistent with mine?

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

Old 07-24-2012, 03:29 PM

Deportivo- I was confused by that too. I think maybe she means, she would hope for a better pregnancy in the future? AFM- Scheduled my appointment with the RE for 8/16 and promptly started crying.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:57 PM

Renavoo!  How are Colin and Sienna?  I'm lurking in the graduates thread but I really must demand more photos.  I bet those babies are keeping you mighty busy!  I just think back to last year when you were doing your cycle and how excited I was for your bfp.  And Belly's!  I think this board needs a whole bunch of bfps.  We're sorely lacking this thread.  

Woke up in the middle of the night with intense abdominal pain.  Almost went to ER but decided that a heating pad and tylenol would do the job.  I am SO BLOATED.  I am really over being bloated.  Fortunately my weight is staying steady (8 lbs up since trigger) and not rising any more (I'm actually 2lb down since retrieval) but it's not moving much more.  I need to see some change.  Or at least some comfort.  

Tomorrow is my embryo report and I'm starting to get nervous.  

Old 07-24-2012, 05:08 PM

Aura- Good luck tomorrow and I hope you feel better soon.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:28 PM

ER tomorrow morning.  Have to be there at 7:30.  I'm so nervous. 

Nesehola.gif

Old 07-24-2012, 08:19 PM

Good luck to you Nese! 

Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Thank you Deborah!!!

Nesehola.gif

Old 07-24-2012, 10:19 PM

You are welcome. I think we are all a little nervous before procedures. Do you have any meditation tapes or anything you can take advantage of before tomorrow? I know I plan to use one when I go in for mine in a couple of months.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:19 PM

You are welcome. I think we are all a little nervous before procedures. Do you have any meditation tapes or anything you can take advantage of before tomorrow? I know I plan to use one when I go in for mine in a couple of months.

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List