Summer IVF Thread: Summer Embies Bring Spring Babies!! - Page 27 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#781 of 879 Old 08-10-2012, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

rcr: I got 0 fertilization angry.gif I hope your dh is better that sounds awful!

Everyone else: Apolgise I prob wont be on line much (unless I can make it work from my phone) as my sister is visiting smile.gif so were running round doing tourist stuff and hoping the sun doesn't disapear! I'll catch up soon, good luck and I'm thinking of you all!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#782 of 879 Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 PM

rcr - wow, that doesn't sound like fun at all!!!  Poor guy! Pull out the bags of peas right!!!

Silver - i hope you have a great time w/ your sister on this last day of the Olympics.

(Spoiler Alert - talks about pregnancy - I know some people are sensitive)

AFM - Hey all just thought I'd update real quick.  2nd beta went to from 1300 to 2771 and u/s today went okay.  I guess they are saying that I'm only like 4 1/2 weeks and I'm not almost 6 weeks which from my last period that is where it would put me. They saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac, but they said it is too early to see the fetal pole or a heat beat yet.  I have to go back on the 27th which is the day after we get back from London.  I'll probably be half asleep for it, but that is okay.  My OB also got the report and just called me which I thought was very sweet.  She said that if the high risk Dr was comfortable w/ me flying over seas then he must have felt that it looked pretty good.  She said if i start having any bleeding before I leave to call her right away.  I also asked her about the high hcg levels of 1300 and 2771 and she said that they are in the normal range and nothing to be concerned about.  So over all I feel better about the whole thing and know I just have to take one day at a time and it's out of my hands if this little bean will end up strong and healthy. Oh the other thing was that he was kinda freaked out by the intralipids b/c i guess there isn't any proven evidence so he was concerned and kinda freaked DH and I out a bit.  Uggghhh!! 

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#783 of 879 Old 08-11-2012, 01:25 AM

Silver, hope you are enjoying the time with your sister!

Aura, thanks for the positive thoughts this morning. I know that they helped!

RCR, thanks for the welcome! It sure sounds like your DH has been through the ringer lately, poor guy! Hopefully, the surgey will help with your treatment at least. Sure sounds like you got a good urologist on your side and good docs being around is always a bonus.

Blue, your news is wonderful and so exciting! Again it's awesome to have solid supportive docs around. What a major boost to be told that your docs wouldn't advise you going on your trip if they didn't think everything was ok. The vacation will be just perfect for your little one to grow!

Tara, I know what you mean about the discomfort now! Wow, the level has been surprising for me too. How have you been since your last post?

AFM, my retrieval went better than anyone's wildest expectations! We went in thinking there were 13 eggs and came out with 20! The look on my docs face when she told me was priceless! She was bouncing on her toes and glowing she was so thrilled. She actually made me guess how many eggs we got. LOL

Now, not all were fully mature follicules and right up front we don't expect them all to fertilize because of this but the fact that there were so many hiding and/or developing at the last min is apparently a really good sign! The embryologist expect the mature ones to be really great just because of these little ones existence.

DH's collection didn't go so great while I was in retrieval though. He was too worried about me and had obstained to long or something, so the count was really poor. So after consultation with the same embryologist we decided to go for breakfast and then go back for a second collection. Apparently, that has some success clearing out the bad swimmers and making way for the healthy ones. It ended up working and we got a much better group the second time around. Now, we just wait for the fertilization report later today and hope the cramping subsides so I can get some rest!

namaste.gif 37 married to the greatest guy in the world tiphat.gif45 w/ azoospermia from low T

IVF #1 angel1.gifangel1.gif

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

#784 of 879 Old 08-11-2012, 06:52 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh Silver, that is horrible. I am so sorry. I know all about 0 fertilization, and how horrible it feels. Sending you big hugs.

Blue - that is wonderful! I hope you have a great time in London!

Keli - congrats! I can't wait for the fertilization report! I have never heard that Dh could give a second sample. That is wonderful that he could.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#785 of 879 Old 08-11-2012, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Blue, that is exciting news to hear about your pregnancy.  Always nice to get encouraging news. 

Keli - I too find it interesting about the second collection of sperm for fertilization.  DH has an extremely low sperm count. The last two times we did a sperm freeze, DH had abstained 2 days, this time we are going to try 3 days of abstaining to see if we can get a higher count than 5 motile, 3 nonmotile in their little sample of the to be frozen sample.

AFM, looking forward to the sperm freeze on Friday.  Hoping for a greater concentration of sperm so DH can be done with the donation for freezing since it makes him self concious and embarrassed.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#786 of 879 Old 08-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Silver- sorry that happened, thats awful. I hope your sisters visit is fun or uplifting. I hope things turn around. I really wish that didn't happen.

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#787 of 879 Old 08-11-2012, 05:13 PM

KeliG - So glad to hear that your ER went well.  That is so cute that the RE made you guess b/c she was so excited.  Did you hear anything back yet?  Fingers crossed for you!!!  Keep us posted.

Lila - fingers crossed that this will be your last DH's last sample!!!!  Hope it goes well.

Silver - hope you and your sister are having a good time.  Not sure how much you will be on but i sent you a PM asking about London.

rcr- hope you are well.

Aura - how are you doing??  Thinking of you!!!

AFM - Well, my favorite nurse at my RE's office sent me an email this morning and said that she reviewed my U/S w/ my RE (even thought he isn't really my Dr right now but has been so great at following us w/ this) and he really wants me to have another u/s this coming week before I would head over seas.  Not sure if it will make any difference w/ flying and what-not.  So now on Monday I have to call and try to schedule another u/s hopefully for Thurs. That is the scoop here.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#788 of 879 Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 PM

blue- i would totally go for it and get another u/s. It may just put your mind at ease before the trip. wishing all the best for you and your bean blue. Always be here to cheer you on through the process.

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#789 of 879 Old 08-12-2012, 02:31 AM

Just popping in with the fertilization report. Of the 13 expected 11 were healthy and mature. And from those we got 8 healthy embryos. The 7 that were our surprise group were all late starters and undersized, as expected. Now we wait for our day 3 evaluation...

namaste.gif 37 married to the greatest guy in the world tiphat.gif45 w/ azoospermia from low T

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

#790 of 879 Old 08-12-2012, 07:26 PM

KeliG - that sounds great!!!  8 is a good number!!  Do you know how many you are thinking of putting back in?  Keep us posted when you hear about your 3 day evaluation.  joy.gifSending lots of healthy growing vibes.goodvibes.gif

#791 of 879 Old 08-13-2012, 05:19 AM
rcr

Keli - congrats! Wonderful fert. report!

Blue - are you having your other scan today?

ETA - Blue - oops I just read above that you are going to call today to schedule it for Thursday.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#792 of 879 Old 08-13-2012, 11:00 AM

rcr - LOL.... no problem.  I scheduled it for Thurs morning at 9:20am and then I have to run off to work late from there!!  Fingers crossed the bean is growing in there!!!!  How is your DH doing?  Hope better!!!  When do you start w/ your next cycle?  I think you said you are waiting until your x-mas break, is that right??  Hope you are well and I'm sure you are busy w/ classes starting up again here soon.  Take care!!

#793 of 879 Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 PM

Hello everyone,

I had an embryo transfer (one embryo) two days ago, and wow was I amazed at the pain of having to have a full bladder. I completely wasn't expecting it because the last time they didn't seem to need my bladder to be at the point of bursting. I couldn't even wait the 15 minutes after that I was supposed to stay laying downl

Sadly, we transfered one and only had one to freeze (out of 12 eggs).  I guess it only takes one....

It's hard to figure out ways to take my mind off all this until I know the results.... what do others to do keep sane?

Tara

#794 of 879 Old 08-14-2012, 03:46 PM

tara, welcome!  all you need is one embryo, good luck!  i have yet to figure out how not to go crazy during the two week wait, but if you figure it out let me know...

rcr, i lol'd at your dh's issue.  did the swelling go down? is he feeling better?  our partners so rarely go through the pain and suffering that we do, so it's funny to see their reactions when they have to physically participate.  i can't wait to see if this brings any improvement for the upcoming ivf cycle!

blue, you're my hero!  how are the intralipids going?  i think your upcoming trip is going to be really exciting, and i'm glad you get an ultrasound first too!  how are you feeling?  any morning sickness yet? pamper yourself, please, you deserve it!

keli, can't wait to hear the next update on your embryos!  the fert report looked wonderful... do you know when you'll transfer?

silver, sending love your way.  how are you feeling?  i hope this visit with your sister is just what you need to be in a good mood.

afm, the birthday festivities are beginning!  i usually celebrate for a whole month, but my big fat BFN kind of put a damper on that.  this past weekend we went to visit friends, and i was treated to a spa day while our husbands hung out at home.  my massage was MUCH needed, and we had a nice steam and pedicure too.  last night dh gave me a lovely pair of earrings for my bday, and there's another gift he's saving for sunday, which is my actual bday.  friday we leave for the lake house with our friends.  i am counting the seconds... is it really only tuesday? 

other than that, i go back to SIRM on the 24th for a new biopsy (to make sure the endometritis didn't come back), ovary check, and if all checks out okay i start back up on lupron.  oh joy.  last time i was only on lupron for about five days, this time i'm on it for weeks.  should i be scared? i'm also doing IM estrogen the whole time, and IM progesterone post transfer.  fuuuuun. 

also, what are everyone's experiences with frozen transfers?  the nurse said we should give them permission to thaw all four (one at a time though) so we can make sure we have two to transfer.  is it common for them not to make it through the thaw?

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#795 of 879 Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 PM

Aura - good to see your name pop up again.  I was starting to worry about you!!!!!  Happy Birthday early too before I forget!!!joy.gif I hope and pray that this Birthday year is full of blessings and a BFP!!!!!!!  You know I'm always routing for you!!!!!  When we did all of our FET's we thawed like 3 b/c we knew (initially before we found out we had to only transfer 1) 2 embryos and most of the time only 2 would make it and the other one didn't but my RE does the old school freezing!!  I'm sure SIRM has the high tech good freezing method I'd think.  I think it is more common for them not to make the thaw w/ the old school method but i like the fact that they are doing one at a time so you won't waste some.  You are sweet to ask about me and I always feel weird talking about it on here b/c i don't want to offend anyone, but i'll just leave it at I'm doing pretty good, feeling better than I'd like I guess which makes me a little nervous, but only time can tell.  Next u/s is this Thurs at 9:20am!! Fingers crossed. oh and intralipids went fine except for the huge bruise on my forearm that makes me look like I'm a druggie that the lady said is normal at that site and might not go away for 2 wks!!!  Sure wish she would have told me that before I said she could stick me there.  irked.gif

Nesse - thinking about you too and hoping you are taking time to heal!!!!   Sending you lots of grouphug.gif 's !!!!!!

Keli - any update?  Been thinking of you!!!

Tara - I actually kinda liked the tww w/ all of my transfers in a way b/c it was the only time i felt like I could say i was PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise).  I always kinda felt like those almost two weeks there was not much else i could do and it was all out of my hands.  I would also pretty much drown myself in work too which always seemed to make the time go by faster.  Good luck to you.  When is your beta?

Silver - hope your are having fun w/ your sister.  How long is she staying?  Did you take time off work to hang w/ her???

rcr - hope you are well!!!

Hi to everyone else.. i'm too tired tonight to figure out everyone else that I'm missing, but I know I"m missing a bunch.  DH is out of town and last night I slept like crap, so i really should have gone to bed hrs ago.  Hope everyone is well and I'm here cheering you all on!!!!goodvibes.gif

#796 of 879 Old 08-15-2012, 06:04 AM

Hi yes, sorry about that! Transfer is in a few hours. Our fur-baby has been sick so our focus has been on her the last few days. She is better now... and DH alarm just went off. Coffee & herbal tea time! Will have to catch up with everyons' goings on in a day or so... Thanks for thinking of us!

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

#797 of 879 Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 AM
rcr

Blue - yea, I am waiting until December. I forgot the date (strange for me), but it is like the last week in November or something like that. Good luck on the u/s today.

Tara - good  luck. I have no advice. the TWW kills me every time.

Aura - glad things are moving along for you. Yes, DH is feeling better. The swelling is gone, but the incisions still hurt him a lot.

Keli - hope all is well.

#798 of 879 Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM

On my phone and at work.

Just a quick update: We've got a HEARTBEAT!!! I think it was like 118 and they said I'm 6wks 4 days, I think it was! joy.gif Baby is on track and est due date of April 7th!!  Thx for all the thoughts n prayers!

I'll be around to cheer you all on in hopes that you all get your BFP's! Never lose hope!! I'll post my updates on the grad side bc even though I don't really belong officially over there technically I feel like we are all still part of a family around here.

#799 of 879 Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 AM

Yay Blue! AFM- No AF, No BFP. CD 28. I am starting to get AF like cramping, but I've had that off and on for more than a week. I have been on vacation for 2 weeks and cannot possibly attempt to catch up with everyone. So, know that I'm sending hugs to all (extras to the ones in really bad places right now) and positive vibes to everyone.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#800 of 879 Old 08-16-2012, 12:40 PM

Blue~ joy.gif that is such wonderful news, congratulations!

Rcr~ it's good to hear your DH is doing better. Healing scar tissue is always uncomfortable and I imagine this is worse than most.

Tara~ I had the full bladder transfer too and I was doubled over with the discomfort of it! Thankfully the doc used a cath to empty me before moving me to recovery. As far as the TWW, I agree with what Blue said, PUPO. Try taking it easy if you can and be gentle with yourself. Watch a movie marathon over a few days time or reread your favorite book...

AFM~ the transfer went really well. We had three that looked nearly perfect and three more that were almost as good. The last four weren't quiting though and were still possibles for a freeze. The top two were transferred and the others are set to be frozen today based on evaluation. Now we are just waiting for the official report....

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

#801 of 879 Old 08-16-2012, 03:31 PM

Blue, exciting to hear that you heard/saw the heartbeat!  Yeah!

Keli, looking forward to your BFP announcement soon!

AFM, DH and I are getting ready to head to the hotel to prepare for an overnight stay before our next sperm freeze collection.  Hopefully we will get a good collection amount.  We abstained a bit longer this time (we usually did 48 hours, this time 96 hours).  We were aiming for 72 hours but DH was tired so we will hope that 4 days of abstinence will be okay. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#802 of 879 Old 08-16-2012, 06:59 PM
rcr

Blue - yay!!! a heartbeat is such a relief!! congrats.

Keli - congrats.

lilac - good luck. I bet you will be happy when all this sperm collection is over.

#803 of 879 Old 08-16-2012, 06:59 PM

KeliG - Glad the transfer went well.  Sending you lots of sticky vibes!!! goodvibes.gifKeep us posted on the fertility report too!!!  Fingers crossed!

Lila - hope the next sample goes really well and maybe the extra time will be what you guys really needed.  Fingers crossed for you both too.

Deborah - Hope you had fun on your vacation!!

Thanks everyone!!!!!  Back to lurking and cheering....   hide.gif   joy.gif

#804 of 879 Old 08-18-2012, 03:42 PM

Well, yesterday wasn't the best collection day for us.  We only had 3 motile, 2 "shaking" and 3 non-motile sperm.  The nurse at the clinic said to make a consultation appointment with the doctor to see if we need more collections or not.  I was crying because it just seems like we keep going back again and again to drop of collections but with no "goal" of how many sperm they want frozen.  Between that and the money issues where we keep waiting for a reimbursement that will pay for our IVF with ICSI, but no reimbursement being in the check every other week.  It is just sucking the energy from me not knowing when we will be able to move forward with IVF with ICSI.  I am glad DH has some sperm to use with our procedure, but not knowing what "quantity" is desired by the doctor makes it feel like one step forward, 2 steps back.

#805 of 879 Old 08-18-2012, 09:02 PM

Lilac ~ I am sorry to hear about the frustration of this. It almost sounds like the doc doesn't have a goal beyond as many as possible. And I do understand waiting for a reimbursement too. We went through the same thing with DH previous job, and we waited forever! But they show up eventually, so hang in there... hug.gif

To rcr & Blue ~ Thanks for all the positive sticky vibes! We are pretty optimistic here. We ended up having one frosty, and so far everything is really going well. Just waiting now...

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

#806 of 879 Old 08-19-2012, 07:38 PM

I am 8dp5dt and for the past three days (and especially nights). I've had awful pain high in my belly and am so bloated. I am told this is a good sign that I may be pregnant because my body is responding to the hcg. So a bit of hyper-stimulation. But wow does it feel excruciating. Does anyone have any experience with hyper-stimulation? What worked well for relief?  

Thanks,

Tara

#807 of 879 Old 08-19-2012, 11:02 PM

Thought I would jump in and introduce myself, since I enjoyed being part of the online community during my last IVF go round.  Our DD is 19 months and we are preparing for our FET.  We got lucky with DD and got our BFP during our first try at IVF.  We have 4 frozen left from that round.  I finally got first PP AF in July.  My RE wanted two cycles before starting the FET, so I am waiting for AF to show up in the next week to begin the process again. We TTC for 2 years before undergoing IVF with ICSI, our problem is MF.  DH took a position abroad which allowed us to afford the IVF treatment since we were not covered in the US and the costs here are 25-30% of those back home.  Definitely some cultural difference in the approach, but the care was first rate and I can't argue with the results. :)

Good luck to everyone.

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

#808 of 879 Old 08-20-2012, 03:48 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
deportivo, I'm thinking of you and really hoping you're ok. I'm worried we haven't heard from u after your ultrasound, but don't feel pressured to post. Just know we are hear for you to give you the support you need, hopefully in celebration. goodvibes.gif
Eta - sorry I meant to post this in the graduates thread, I hope it's ok. blowkiss.gif

Welcome vireoes! I also was very lucky first ivf round like you. I hope this time around goes just as smoothly!

grouphug.gif to all, I'm lurkingly cheering you all on and so hope for good news for all of you!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#809 of 879 Old 08-20-2012, 09:20 AM

KeliG- fingers crossed for you!! When's your beta?

Lilac- sending you lots of hugs!! With icsi you may still get lucky even if the swimmers aren't all that well. What does your RE have to say?

TaraL - they say to inc your fluids and also have heard to eat more protein as well. Good luck. If it gets really bad (ie: shortness of breath) be sure to call your Dr.

Vireoes - welcome!! I hope you have as good of luck as you did last time w/ the first try!! Fingers crossed for you and hopefully AF shows up soon so you can get the ball rolling.

Hi to everyone else. Posting from my phone.....I'm in London just trying to get adjusted to the time zone. DH shows up tonight which will be nice to see him since it's been over a week now. Back to stalking and lurking just like Tear.

#810 of 879 Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 AM

Hi everyone- AF has found me and I'm handling it better than I anticipated. I'm glad to have an actual date to give the RE on the 30th (CD1 will actually be tomorrow 8/21). I'm hoping things go a lot faster this time since we know what my issues are. My internet has been down the last few days and still is. I'm at the coffee shop. I have to get some work done, so that's why this is just a drive-by AAM post.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page