Summer IVF Thread: Summer Embies Bring Spring Babies!! - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#841 of 879 Old 08-26-2012, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keli, so sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to you. How many miscarriages have you had previously? Have the drs ruled out any immune issues? I hope you're resting up and enjoying those steaks. We are here for you. greensad.gif

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#842 of 879 Old 08-26-2012, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am experiencing hyperstimulation at the moment. Does anyone have experience with it? I had none of the risk factors of OHSS but have clearly gotten it, including two trips to the emergency room, when the pain was so strong that I couldn't see or hear.

I had my abdomen drained last week but I can tell the fluid is building and it may need to be done again.  

#843 of 879 Old 08-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Tara,  I've only had a mild case, but i was CHUGGING gatorade.  And V8.  And they say to eat protein like chicken and eggs.  Stay away from water, that will only make you more bloated.  I'm so sorry you're going through this! I know my mild case was painful and uncomfortable, I can't even image what you've been experiencing.  

#844 of 879 Old 08-26-2012, 04:23 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome

Keli-So sorry                           

lilac-what a drag about the comments, I hope everyone minds their own business. 

AF finally made her appearance.  I go in tomorrow to see my RE.  I know I have to redo a bunch of basic bloodwork and then find out the plan from there. I think DH was disappointed that AF showed up, but this time around I am just not getting my hopes up for non assisted cycles.  I just can't afford the emotional rollercoaster of getting excited during cycles when our chances are so low.  I have already done that before and don't want to repeat that. I am not trying to be negative, but instead trying to trust it is a process and if we keep at it we will get our BFP. 

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

#845 of 879 Old 08-27-2012, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Keli so sorry to hear of your loss.

AFM - woke up to a dream that the "rumor woman" was asking me questions.  She hasn't in real life and I hope it stays that way.  Hoping DH's company gets their money stuff in order so he can get reimbursement tomorrow on his pay day.  Since we have enough sperm frozen to try a IVF cycle, I want to get this started before I talk myself out of the needles.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#846 of 879 Old 08-28-2012, 04:26 AM

vireoes, i know what you mean about the emotional rollercoaster.  i've had so many bfns at this point that i don't even get as hysterical anymore because i just don't have the energy for it.  i think staying level is probably better anyways.  i'm sorry your dh was upset,though.  i think since our partners have even less control over this whole thing than we do it's gotta be hard for them.  hang in there!

lilac, the needles are not that bad! it's funny how quickly you get used to them.  when do you think you'll be trying to start?

#847 of 879 Old 08-28-2012, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

aura, I hope we will be starting in October or November.  Still need to get the money together.  Waiting, Waiting, Waiting.

Bummed - DH didn't get his reimbursement so we have a wait a bit longer to schedule our IVF.  Now thinking October or November.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#848 of 879 Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Keli - I am sorry about your loss.

AFM - I have been gone a while because my mom has been ill. She is better now, considering that she has a terminal illness. she is on hospice care, although dieing is not necessarily eminent when you go on hospice care.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#849 of 879 Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 AM

Hi All, cross posting from the August Infertility thread. After three failed IUI's and a two month hiatus from most things IF related we are taking steps to do our first cycle of IVF this fall. We did the trial transfer and that was fine but the saline ultrasound was not fun at all. I had cramping for a number of days after. We got our protocol and it looks like this: 2 weeks of suppression ( desogen ), Lupron (40mcg), Follistim (450iu), Menopur (150iu) HCG trigger and then progesterone in sesame oil (50mg/cc). We will probably move forward in late October with the first (hopefully only) cycle.

#850 of 879 Old 08-29-2012, 05:33 PM

rcr, sorry to hear your mom wasn't doing well.  i can't imagine all you're going through right now.  is the hospice at least close to your home? just know we're here thinking about you!

nieve, welcome! sounds like a similar protocol to what i was on, and we had a great cycle last time.  can't wait to hear more about your cycle, you've joined a wonderful group of ladies.  Sorry your saline ultrasound was bad.  Sadly it probably won't be the only uncomfortable thing you do, but at least if there's a baby at the end it makes it all worth it.  What part of the country are you in?

afm, had my first real lupron episode yesterday.  there is a really bitchy woman at work who was just trying to pick a fight with me.  she kept making comments, and normally i ignore her, as we are both adults, and it's not professional to bicker in an office setting.  however yesterday she just kept digging, and digging, and eventually i snapped.  it wasn't anything major, but i finally just asked her to shut it. i left the room, and my boss actually pulled me aside to say that he saw what happened and appreciated the way i handled myself.  phew!  however my face was bright red (hot flash or anger?) and i was fuming.  after a while i realized it was irrational to get THIS angry, and that it was probably lupron and pms.  once i realize it i was able to calm down.  thanks lupron!

#851 of 879 Old 08-30-2012, 06:28 AM
rcr

Thanks Aura. I have actually kinda gotten used to taking care of her, even when crisis happens. It has been a long time. Like I said, I don't think dieing is as soon as it sounds. Do you have a date for your FET? sorry if I missed it, I haven't been around much.

Nieve - welcome. I am doing my cycle just behind you - sometime in November or December.

AFM - I am going to email fisch tonight and ask him for my schedule, or at least the date that I have to be in vegas. I really like being able to move forward, so I might as well get my flight and hotel booked. plus, we need to figure out how long DH can take off so that we know how much vacation time he has left.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#852 of 879 Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 AM

Can you update me to say appointment on 8/30 completed- doing preliminary testing (there isn't really a perfect spot for that).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#853 of 879 Old 08-31-2012, 02:17 PM

Deborah - glad to hear you are getting the ball rolling!!!

rcr - Sorry to hear about your mom!!!  Hope she is doing some better now.  That has to be hard w/ everything else you have going on in your life.  You are a good daughter.  I'm drawing a blank..you are an only child, is that right???  I sometimes feel like an only child b/c my brother is over-seas so most stuff w/ my parents falls on my shoulders which is fine but i just wish I was closer sometimes (distance wise -as in they need to live closer to me).  Did you get your schedule from the Dr yet?  I always liked it when i could get a schedule and start planing my life around it.  Hope you are well!!

Aura - sorry to hear about the nasty women at work.  Glad to hear your boss was on your side.  He/she probably wishes they could tell her off but can't.  LOL  I'm excited for your next cycle.  Glad that the lupron is going okay other than the normal hormonal issues.  Fingers crossed for you that this is it!!!!

Nieve - Welcome!!!! wave.gif I've been on that same protocol and didn't find it too bad so I hope you find the same!  Good luck to you and I hope your stay on this side is short and sweet.  Lots of great ladies w/ great support over here though.

Lila - sorry to hear that your DH didn't get the check he has been waiting for... so frustrating!!!!  Fingers crossed it will get here soon and surprise you!!!!

KeliG - how are you doing??????  I'm glad you and DH are pampering yourself some and that new grill sounds great!!!  Thinking of you and sending hugs!!hug2.gif

Vireoes - how did your appt w/ your RE go??  Hope it went well and fill us in when you get a chance.

Tera - how are you doing?  When is your beta?

Teresa - How are you??  Just thinking of you and hoping you are doing okay.  What is next for you????

I'm sure I miss some (sorry)!  I was just looking at this page and trying to remember on my own which is never good!!!  Hope everyone is well and fingers crossed for lots of BFP soon!!!  Okay back to lurking......hide.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#854 of 879 Old 09-01-2012, 01:06 AM

Sorry, just a quick update since I am busy with to hot weather and both our AC units having trouble.  I got one of the two finally fixed this afternoon, so we will get some good sleep again soon.

They have me set to do an unmedicated FET, My appointment this time was mostly getting paperwork and basic bloodwork (redone STD screaning) in order so that everything is set for the transfer.  I got back next week on CD10 for ultrasound and bloodwork to determine when to do the transfer.  I guess I go in every day or every other day from then till the transfer.  So I am trying to relax and eat well so that I am ready to go for the transfer.  Having the AC back on will be a big help in that regard.  I am also trying to finish up all necessary errands this week, so I can keep the transfer week as low key as possible. 

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

#855 of 879 Old 09-01-2012, 12:56 PM

Blue- Can you talk to me a little about the intralipid stuff? Also, AFM- one thing I didn't mention here because it was a fly-by is that we may need a donor this year (something with which I'm oddly at peace- no swollen ovaries for me, LOL). We're testing all sorts of stuff for the boys and the RE said she's not comfortable with anything but an SET with me. I figure if she's that concerned, there's a reason, so she's the boss.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#856 of 879 Old 09-02-2012, 07:48 AM

Aura, glad you told her off a little.  I wish I was brave enough to do stuff like that...even it if was drug induced :)  So excited for your cycle.  This is going to be really weird to say, but you must be on my mind a lot because you were in my dream last night.  I was in New York and I guess you were showing me around and we got some really yummy lunch :)  I have been having really strange dreams for the last few days, I think it is the 10 weeks of sleep deprivation catching up with me! 

Blue, I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing your ticker!

rcr, so sorry about your mom.  You are such a wonderful daughter to take on all the responsibility!  I hope she is doing better now.  Can't wait to hear your schedule!

Deborah, yay for getting started again.  I am glad you are at peace with your RE's direction.  Trust is so important with IF.  Excited to hear more.

Reading along and wishing everyone the best!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#857 of 879 Old 09-02-2012, 11:35 AM

Thanks Belly- I think part of it is that I have a pretty big fear of twinning again and what that could mean for my mental and physical health. It's still possible even with an SET (as we know), but with transferring 2 she would be potentially raising my chance of twinning 30-40 percent.

#858 of 879 Old 09-02-2012, 04:21 PM

Belly - thanks!  It is still amazing to me and I'm still in shock!!!

Deborah - w/ your last transfer did you guys transfer 2?  I know only one took and split, but i forget if you transferred only 1 or 2?  Not sure exactly what you want to know about the intralipids, but I can tell you my experience.  I had my natural killer cells checked from one of the 2 or 3 places in the US that I guess check the right natural killer cells ( i forget the exact name of the test, but i could look it up if you needed it).  Because I had the inc'd natural killer cells they say that it would affect our chances of getting pregnant b/c when we would do a transfer, and if the embryo would implant, my body in turn would think it was foreign and would attack and kill the embryo off.  My understanding is that by doing the intralipids so many days before our transfer it would turn my natural killer cells off and then the embyro would chance of making it.  Let me know if I can maybe help w/ any other questions for you.  So what is the story w/ maybe using a donor? Or do you mean a carrier of your eggs and your DH's swimmers?

Vireoes - glad things are moving right along for you.   Keep us posted and I hope you got all your errands done so you don't have that stress.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#859 of 879 Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 PM

Blue- We transferred 2 last time. Only one stuck and it split.  I was just curious what the intralipids were about. I thought you had tested positive for anti-phospholipid antibodies. I am not talking surrogacy- which is when someone else carries the baby. Donor eggs would mean I would cycle with another woman and one of her eggs would be transferred to my uterus and any extras would be frozen. Here's my clinic's site (they do a good job of explaining things): http://www.conceptionsrepro.com/default.aspx

#860 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 03:01 AM

Hi ladies! Just checking in.

Rcr, I'm looking forward to following you through your next cycle. I hope your mother continues to rest comfortably. My father had to go into hospice care and I was forever grateful for the nice people who took care of him during those weeks.

Aura, I'm glad you told that woman off. There is never any call to be unprofessional and i'm glad your manager stood by you. 

Blue, I'm still dancing over here for you! Yah to 9 weeks! 

Everyone, just hoping for some BFPs!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#861 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 09:53 AM

Do you see what I see?  

deborahbgkelly likes this.

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#862 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

Blue- We transferred last time. I was just curious what it was about. I thought you had tested positive for anti-phospholipid antibodies. I am not talking surrogacy- which is when someone else carries the baby. Donor eggs would mean I would cycle with another woman and one of her eggs would be transferred to my uterus and any extras would be frozen. Here's my clinic's site (they do a good job of explaining things): http://www.conceptionsrepro.com/default.aspx

Deborah - I know you transferred last time, but my question was how many did you transfer???  I also know what surrogacy is b/c DH & I have talked about it in the past, but prob couldn't afford it on our end in the long run.  I just couldn't understand why you needed to use donor eggs when the last thing you posted on here was that your RE was willing to use your own eggs again?  The fact that you got a BFP on your first try w/ IVF is amazing and I'd think that you are probably a good candidate to get prego again w/ IVF using the same method you did before (but maybe some different drugs for your ER after your bad experience there).   Oh, no I don't have anti-phospholipid antibodies but i do have + TPO antibodies, maybe that is what you were thinking, but i guess that has nothing to do w/ the need for intralipids.  Hope that clarifies!! 

#863 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 10:06 AM

gtree - Congrats!!!!! joy.gifI totally see the line!!!  When is your actual beta test??? 

#864 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Thanks Blue!  Sorry that I just showed up and posted this, I meant to post this in my other forum where I am more active, I guess I was lurking in here most recently.  My beta test is on Friday.  I transferred 2. 

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#865 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 11:03 AM

Blue- It wasn't that she was willing to use my own eggs, it was that she was willing to work with me. Egg quality was poor to begin with and it can change considerably in a year. I suspect that I am not ovulating every month and that when I am it is not effective. Aside from that, my Endo is back and really bad which means my egg quality could have been attacked some more. I meant to put 2 transferred last time. One made it and split, the other didn't stick. What are TPO antibodies?

#866 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Deborah - TPO antibodies are Thyroid peroxidase antibodies  or a sign of autoimmune thyroid disease.  Which basically means that probably my immune system is attacking my Thyroid or a Hashimoto's.

#867 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 PM
rcr

gtree - congrats! No worries about posting here! you are welcome!

Deborah - I tested positive for NK cells too.Like Blue, I did the interkipid treatment before transfer. It was easy and not too expensive. The doc explained it like blue did, the the body recognizes the baby as foreign and kills it off. the interlipids are supposed to make the body a perfect environment for welcoming a baby. I have also thought about egg donation. There is a wonderful online forum for parents via egg donation that I have stalked when I was trying to decide. For me it made more sense to use my last insurance IVF try on my own eggs and then if that fails just move on to donor embryos (way cheaper). It is really expensive to do a traditional donor egg cycle (although apparently a lot cheaper in the czech republic), and kinda affordable to do a donor embryo cycle.  We are thinking of california conceptions is this last IVF fails, although I am thinking positively about it.

Blue - I haven't gotten my schedule yet. Hopefully soon.

AFM - I relized that I am supposed to be in vegas three weeks before DS gets out of school. Hopefully we will be able to make it back for him to go to the last week of class, so that he can do the xmas play. We are not even christian, but he was so damn cute last year (he played the baby Jesus), I don't want to miss it or have him miss it.

#868 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 06:53 PM

hello ladies!!  hope you all had a lovely long weekend.

renavoo, how is the nanny?  getting used to the idea of going back to work? i can't wait to see more baby photos! 

belly, how are you and all the girls holding up?  i'm still waiting for photos! i lol'd about your dream, i would take you out to lunch any time :)

blue, when is your next appt? I was cracking up about how much you've been eating lately, but it's what the baby needs!  

rcr, it kind of stinks about your ds's school, but it is what it is.  if he misses two weeks, can you get work from the teacher to do with him while you're there? how cute that he was the baby jesus! i bet things will work out so he still gets to participate.  so are you doing anything to gear up for this cycle?  anything different than before? 

gtree, looks like a plus to me! congrats!!

deborah, good luck with this upcoming cycle.  it sounds like your dr really has your best interests in mind. 

afm, i was supposed to get my period on friday so i could start my IM estrogen shots on sunday night.  when the dr called with my us and bw results they told me to start up, but when i explained I hadn't had any bleeding the nurse said to wait until i bleed, then take the shot 24 hours later.  sadly it's monday and NO bleeding.  nothing.  not a spot.  i am going to call tomorrow and let them know, but i'm worried it's going to push my calendar out.  i had it perfectly planned so that my transfer was on a friday and i could be on bedrest for the weekend.  if they move me out i'd be stuck having to transfer in the middle of the week and i can't afford to lose many more vacation days.  since this is just supplemental estrogen i'm hoping it won't really matter.  did anyone else miss a period while on lupron?  i've been on it for 10 days now.  

#869 of 879 Old 09-03-2012, 08:11 PM

Blue and RCR- I have anti-thyroid antibodies and they put me on prednisone in the first tri to deal with that.

#870 of 879 Old 09-04-2012, 05:33 AM

Rcr- hope you get your schedule figured out so DS can be in the play.

Aura- I'm at my intralipids appt now and I have my next Ob appt on the 18th and. Ext u/s on the 21st. Grrr to AF not showing up!! Fingers crossed for a free baby. Wishful thinking!!

Deborah- rcr was saying that she also has increased natural killer cells not TPO antibodies. Intralipids are used for killer cells not TPO antibodies.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page