Summer IVF Thread: Summer Embies Bring Spring Babies!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

RCR, awesome report!!! I'm so excited for you, I'm doing a little dance of joy here :o) I can't wait to follow you through the next week! This is it!

Deport, no matter how you come by a BFP, a BFP is ALWAYS to be celebrated! And i'm so excited for you and hopeful that this is it for you too. I know it's difficult to feel confident after a loss but I'm hopeful that the high risk OB can help put your mind at ease. Until then, as Tear says, today you are pregnant. So please, revel in that fact even if it is a little scary. Hopefully, that will help you and DH start to get things back on track. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else and big hugs! So excited about the BFPs (YAH TERESA AND DEPORT!) but hoping for more and soon!!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Hope: Thanks so much!!! My nurse wasn't there, but I texted with her and she said it was a positive sign :)

Deborah: Thanks!!!

renavoo: :) Yay!! I'm excited too. One nurse just said she couldn't believe I had cheated :) The other one wasn't there but I texted with her and she said it was a good sign!!! I did some googling and the Lupron shouldn't have affected HcG levels, and I only had about 1500 iu of HCG, so I should be good!!!

deportivo: YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear what your high-risk OB says. I know you're probably feeling anxious and nervous, but try to relax as much as possible and embrace today (as someone else also said). We're all here rooting for you. (PS - thanks!)

rcr: I am so flipping excited for your follies! 15 after 4 days of stims is fantastic. By the time you have your appointment on Monday, you're going to have some real humdingers in there!!! Are you going to be able to update us from LV? How long will you be out there? Is DS excited for the plane ride? So exciting!!!

monkey: Thanks!!! I've been lax in my grads stalking - going to have to go now and check things out :)

AFM: Still pregnant according to ClearBlue this AM. Trying to enjoy the moment and not start worrying (yet). I actually think I might go buy the tests with the lines so I can see how dark it is - is that really weird and obsessive? Very excited to go for the beta on Monday!!! Looking foward to enjoying this gorgeous weekend!

#243 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

deport - Congrats!!!  DOn't feel guilty, a BFP is a BFP!!  There was another one of us who got a free baby too.  I can't remember who it was at this point.  Take it one day at a time and breathe!  You are pregnant today and that is to be celebrated!  We're here to hold your hand no matter the outcome.

Teresa - Congrats to you too!!!!

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#244 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 07:38 AM

Loving all the positive news over here!!!

Teresa, congratulations!!!!!!  I am so so so excited for your beta on Monday!  Then a couple weeks till an ultrasound :) 

Deport, WOW!!  What a surprise!  I can only imagine how worried you must be, but I agree that enjoying the moment is best.  I wonder if they would put you on progesterone or anything just to be extra safe (or perhaps they already ruled that out as an issue for you).

rcr, 15!!!!!!  Yay!  Sounds like the SIRM people really got things rolling the right way!  I sure hope you are able to check in while in Vegas! 

Thinking of you all ((Hugs))

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#245 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 09:33 AM

Belly-I wanted them to put me on progesterone to be safe, but all the tests before for progesterone were fine. I will ask the high-risk obstetrician. I don't know, no one would give it to me.

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#246 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 09:39 AM

Deportivo- You can get natural progesterone cream OTC. If you are worried and you aren't getting cooperation from your caregivers, that might be a good option.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#247 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 12:48 PM

rcr, HOLY MOLY!  15?? i've followed your past cycles for a year now and i don't recall any getting you this excited.  hooray for SIRM!  are you packed and ready? excited?  i am going to be holding my breath for the next few weeks until we get your bfp.  it's just so promising, i hope this protocol works as well for me as it's working for you!  

deportivo, congrats on your free baby! stay positive and make sure the drs know your history.

teresa, i know i've said it to you before, but i am so happy that you're starting the season off right with our first bfp!  i'm dying to know what your beta is! how is your dh reacting? hope your wine tasting tonight goes well... i say the antibiotics excuse is a great one! 

blue, sorry the talk with the dr wasn't as much closure as you would have liked.  as one who suffers from "egg issues" i know how annoying the diagnosis can be.  but since you also had so many other factors involved, maybe you're right, that it was a little bit of everything.  in any case, give abby a big ole kiss on the wet nose for me, and i'm glad your dh is home now!

afm, i've got my saline ultrasound and calendar review on wednesday afternoon.  i don't start lupron until the 27th so it feels like a lot of twiddling my thumbs until then!  

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#248 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 01:59 PM

Deborah- I have topical progesterone. The dosage is a little harder to use. I was just wondering if that is a good idea? Should I just wait till Monday to get my results for progesterone level? What do you think?

Or should I just start using the progesterone than tell obstetrician after.

Aura- thanks. yeah for sure all the doctors I deal with know about my history. I told family practitioner to tell technician as well for my ultrasound. I am having her refer me to a high risk obstetrician.

Does anyone else have info, should I just start with topical progesterone to be safe. Or wait?

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#249 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 PM

I have no idea. It was just a thought. I don't really see how it could hurt anything, but if you aren't comfortable, then wait.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#250 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 PM

I have no idea. It was just a thought. I don't really see how it could hurt anything, but if you aren't comfortable, then wait.

#251 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 02:09 PM

Your probably right, it probably couldn't hurt. Maybe I will go with that till I get to speak with obstetrician.

#252 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 02:53 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Teresa - I will be reading from my phone while in Vegas, but will only be able to update from my phone, which is annoying to type from, so it will just be short AFM posts most likely. It is not crazy at all to keep POAS. I would totally do it too, just to makes sure the lines stay dark.

Aura - yea, 15. I still can't believe it. Hopefully they all continue to grow. I usually have a few that don't grow, but starting from 15 is a lot more than I have ever started with. Yes, I am all packed. We are leaving early in the morning. the 27th is only about 10 days away - it will fly by.

Deport - I don't want to give you wrong info, but I thought that too much progesteron couldn't hurt. I may be wrong though, so please don't take my word for it.

Monkey - hi! Thanks for being so supportive. I love it when you pop in.

AFM- Ok, I am just at work for a few minutes to print a few things out. We are going to a friends house tonight, and then home to do my shots and leaving early-ish. My flight is not until 4 pm, but the airport is 2 hours away in a big city, so we always use the opportunity to go there to shop for things we can't get here. 

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#253 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 04:47 PM

Ouch. I am having a burning sensation around my left ovary. OB says too early to tell what's going on, but not to worry at this point. For all we know someone is snuggling in- wouldn't that be exciting?! Trying not to get my hopes up, but that's hard.

#254 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
deport, after our IVF I was taking progesterone suppositories AND progesterone in oil shots. I really don't think too much progesterone can hurt. And cramping can be really normal. Hang in there!

teresa, I totally meant to say before, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! joy.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#255 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 06:08 PM

Teresa - joy.gif Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deport -  Yeah!!!  BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So exciting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RCR - I still stalk you!!!!  Love the good news so far!!! Hope it continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY some good news around here!!!!   May it spread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#256 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 07:55 PM

I am not worried about having too much progesterone. I just don't want to mess with dosage etc. if I am not sure and am not advised by the doctor. What I really want is the doctor to give me suppositories prescribed. I am just unsure about the natural progesterone? If I started now with topical progesterone I have to keep taking it for 12weeks, if obstetrician doesn't give me suppositories. Should I just use it anyways? To be safe and then ask the OB or hold off till Monday?

I am just scared of doing the wrong thing! Bha

#257 of 879 Old 06-16-2012, 07:56 PM

Tear- do you think I should just start with the natural progesterone than, to be safe! Is that safe?

#258 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 05:50 AM

Teresa:  Awesome news!!!  blueman.gifCongratulations!  Sounds perfect to me!  So happy for you.

Deport:  Congrats to you too!  partytime.gif  Speaking as a pharmacist...I would NOT take anything over the counter until cleared by your doctor.  Progesterone can cause issues, and there are "unactive" ingrediants in all products that may not be safe in pregnancy.  I recommend you wait, but you need to do what makes you comfortable.

RCR:  15 embies!!!!!!!  You go girl!!!!!!!!champagne.gif  I as so super excited for you.  You are probably in the city shopping as we speak.  Have a safe, wonderful and successful trip!!!  You are in my thoughts!

Deborarah:  That would be totally awesome and amazing if you have a little embie settling in.  I sure hope that is what is happening!

Aura:  Yea for getting your schedule settled and the saline u/s done.  The 27th is right around the corner!  Soon we will be celebrating your BFP!!!

Blue:  Love the pictures of Abby..  How can you say no to that face?!?  Melts my heart.  How are you and DH feeling?  Hopefully your summer colds are gone and you are feeling good again.  Thinking of you, my friend!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#259 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

wow losts of exciting news while I've been gone!

Tersa: joy.gif Congratulations!

Deportivio: joy.gif Congratulations! We're always happy when someone has a "free" baby and can certinaly undertand your fears.  I hope it all goes well.

Everyone one else has given good advice re your maridge.  I guess I just want to say that although it's really hard to do I find it easiest when I remebered that I had to walk my path and him his.  Fertilty books always seem to be full of supportive husbands who hold hands, take their vitamins and go to accuputre and always say the right thing.  In my experince it's much more common to be ridding the IVF roller coaster on different tracks so maybe when your devistated their like "whats the big deal".  I alway looked on that as a good thing, ie. one of us had some perspetive and sought help from my friends when he could help me.  Anyway don't know if that makes any sence.

rcr: That is a great number! have a good trip and I'll be looking forward to the updates.

aura: Hope things are going well with you.  I hear you on the waiting, I've still a couple of months to go!

Deborarah: Hope it is a sign of implantation!

Blue: Always thinking of you.

Grads, stalkers, everyone I've missed: Hello wave.gif

Hope all your bumps and babies are doing well!

Menoupur: I can't remember who it was and it may no longer be relvent but some asked baout my high does of menopur.  I was on 450 but I'm assuming that was just a different scale and similiar to the 4 someone else was on (Tersa?).  It was about 1/3 of a vial.

AFM: Nothing going on fertility wise obviously.  Anyone else find it harder to eat healthy take vits etc the second time around? I thought I'd be stricter if my first round didn't work but I find myself much more lax.  AF went into hidding and turned up two days late (so a whole 26 day cycle!).  This is really going to screw my holiday plans up.  But hopefuly it will be a similar length next cycle and I can bigin when I get home.  So now my egg collection is planned for 6 august.  My accuputirst thinks I'm moving to a 28 day cycle but that would also be quiet akward as I've already mvoed my anual leave one and my boss will really wonder whats up if I move it again.  Plus it would mess up my plans to see my sister.  I just wish I could know so I could plan!

Good luck all, lets hope this BFP streak carries us to august!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#260 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 11:22 AM

I would love that, but am trying not to get my hopes up. Although it looks good to me that I had a big temp drop yesterday and a big rise today. Cramping today and not due for AF for another 6 days at the earliest, but with Endo cramping can start early on. Not trying to be a downer, just trying not to set myself up for disappointment if BFN in a few days.

#261 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 11:22 AM

P.S. Thanks everyone!

#262 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 PM

Don't have a ton of time b/c DH's family is coming over in like 10mins for a father's day/ birthday for my FIL.

Deport- Congrats!!!!  So excited that you  got your free baby!!!!  Praying that all goes well and it is a very sticky bean!!  Keep us posted so we can root you on (or fill us in on the grad side if you feel better about it).

rcr - so excited for you!!  15 is a great number!!!  Yay!!!!!

Aura - hope all goes well on the 27th!!!!  Thinking of you!!!

Deborah - fingers crossed for you!!  We are trying to catch one too so maybe we both will get our free baby together!!!!

Teresa - Yay!!!!joy.gif  Congrats!!!!  So how did it go when you went into the RE's office?  Did you tell them that you got a BFP on a hpt???

Praying, Belly, Kewpie, Tear, Renavoo - good to see you all still around.  Hope you all are doing well.

Monkey - good to see you popping in.  Hope you are doing well!!!

AFM - I'm trying to catch a egg right now.  I totally just ovulated (didn't tell DH didn't want to add any stress and keep it fun) so I'm hoping maybe we might catch an egg this month, but i'm not going to hold my breath and if it works it would be a total miracle!!!!  Not sure how you ever stop trying when you have been trying so long.  How do you not think about it when you get the good CM and the O pains???  Maybe it will come w/ time, who knows.  Hope everyone is having a good Father's Day.  Abby got her Daddy a card and some choch covered grapes for father's day!!!! Mmmmmm good!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#263 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 12:38 PM

My CM didn't seem awesome, but with all the DTD who knows what was what. FF has O day on CD 11 which is what I think too and our timing was excellent if that is accurate,. so here's hoping!

#264 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 12:38 PM

My CM didn't seem awesome, but with all the DTD who knows what was what. FF has O day on CD 11 which is what I think too and our timing was excellent if that is accurate,. so here's hoping! Blue- GL. It would be awesome to get our free babies together! March birthdays are the norm in DH's family so this seems like it bodes well.

#265 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 01:02 PM

Blue and Deborah: I do hope you get your free babies though I can understand not getting your hopes up.

Deportivio: Have you thought about supplimenting with zinc? Zinc defficeny can be implicated in miscaridge and there is no harm in taking it so it might be something you could do to make yourself feel better.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#266 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 04:34 PM

Silver-  Thanks Silver. Also, that's interesting, I had no idea about the Zinc thing.

#267 of 879 Old 06-17-2012, 10:21 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I made it here. We are tired and I ordered a pizza but by the time it came ds was already sleeping. My appointment.t is at 9 am.
deborahbgkelly likes this.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#268 of 879 Old 06-18-2012, 02:47 AM

Good luck today, rcr! I'm glad you made it there ok! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#269 of 879 Old 06-18-2012, 05:20 AM

good luck rcr.  Glad you got there OK and hope you get up OK for your appoinment!

#270 of 879 Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck rcr!!! So excited for you :)

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page