June 2012 Infertility One Thread- June Bugs Bring Spring Births - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Monkey- Yup and he's agreed to go back to the clinic at the end of September so I won't have to suffer anymore (assuming things go as well as last time- one baby or 2 separate placentas this time, though please!).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 01:57 AM

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Hurty boobs are a good sign Rochelle.  Here's hopin'.  Be sure to update tomorrow!  

Ugh Cait - breakouts suck.  Sorry that your body/DH's schedule didn't cooperate.  

SKJ - Maybe this month will be it, and the bloodwork won't matter? 

Lilac - Good luck for Friday! 

Monkey - No such thing as "just" pregnant in my book.  

AFM:  The witch is certainly on her way.  The minutest amount of spotting ever this arvo, so I guess tomorrow maybe.  

Wondering about giving up on charting though.  Have a look at this crazy $H!t.  I cannot find a single other chart that has the exact same temperature every single day for a week.  What are the freakin' odds?  Clearly I am not normal.  Still have absolutely no clue about CM either.  

On a side note, the Doc told DH he has to eat goji berries to help his spermies.  He hates them and whinged like a little b!tch last night when I made him eat them.  Anyone got any bright ideas to get him to consume them without the whinging?  I'm thinking I might have to chocolate coat them or something!  ROTFLMAO.gif

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20**24*** 28***32***36***40
#273 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 02:51 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

milk, your link takes me to my FF page.  If you click on "Sharing", then "Setup" under charting Home Page then you can set it up so we can see it.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#274 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry to threadcrash...again. milk, can you blend them into smoothies with other yummy berries? And, is your thermometer broken? That could be the culprit...otherwise, I've seen it happen to other people but I don't know why.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#275 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Oops!  Okay, have changed the linkie... maybe it will work now?  Here.  

Thermometer is brand spanking new, as in, the first temp on that chart is the first time I used it so, like three weeks?  I'll be ticked off if it is stuffed.  

ETA: just tested it, and it is definitely working.  

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20**24*** 28***32***36***40
#276 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 05:44 AM

And AF showed up bright and early this morning as expected. I'm not going to do Clomid again this month. I just need a break. I want to feel in control of my emotions again, at least for a couple weeks. And I've decided not to take the Lupron like my OB has recommended. So, since we can't afford to do anything else at the moment, we'll just try to figure out how to transition into a non-ttc world while we pursue adoption. We are open to a child/or sibling group of 2, under 8, and we left ourselves  open to a lot of syndromes/disabilities so hopefully things will move fast. We know we're not going to get a baby and we're ok with it, not thrilled, but feeling there must be a reason we are feeling pulled in this direction. I'll still be around I'm sure. 

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#277 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 AM

Milk - I had flatlined temps once and got a BFP that cycle (ended in m/c). They weren't as flat as yours for so long, but def. flat. Hmmm. I thought mine was my thermometer, but it was also brand spanking new. One thought. I have a thermometer from Walgreens that has a tendency towards certain temps, like 97.33 and 97.45. It's NEVER given me a number in between those 2. So, maybe your therm really like 37? Also, the walgreens therm beeps when it is done, but I've read to leave it in for 3 mins(!) to get an accurate reading. So, maybe try leaving it in for longer? Who knows.
And, chocolate covered sounds like a yummy way to eat goji berries!

Rochelle hug2.gif I'm so sorry AF found you greensad.gif I'm happy that things are moving on the adoption front. I will be thinking good thoughts for you and hope that your family will be expanding in no time.

AFM - Blaring +OPK this am. The test line showed up instantly. I'm wondering if the OPKs are too sensitive for my LH surge. Yesterday's was positive on the wondfo, but I wasn't sure, so I double checked with the digital and got a smiley face. Today's was so clear on the wondfo. Anyways, I'm thinking I'll O sometime between today and Saturday. We have some "appointments" on the books between now and then orngbiggrin.gif The weird thing this month is that I haven't had much CF at all. I feel wet, but there's not much showing up when I wipe. Been using pre-seed just in case. It's always something! I wish I could just turn my mind off and stop thinking about all the what-ifs.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#278 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi ladies! I'm back from the honeymoon and am so ready to jump back on the bandwagon. AF showed up right before we left for our trip, and I'm pretty sure I O'd last night, so I'm crossing my fingers for a BFP from this natural cycle. I think it's going to be impossible to catch up on everything I've missed, but I'm going to try stalking the thread to see what has been going on. If you have any big or exciting news, or anything you want to share or re-share at all, please do! I've missed you and hope things are going well for all of you.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#279 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 AM

Hi all,
Typing from my phone so I'll send full story later, but anyone know any clinics or REs near Great Barrington, MA?? Thanks!
#280 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Ok it looks like I can't stay away from here! I'm so invested in what is going on with everyone here, it's tough for me to not come back and read this thread so I'm scrapping the idea of a break. Sorry for being such a drama queen last week! I was having a real pity party at the time but things have turned around since :)

Milk - does your thermometer only have 1 decimal? Because I notice all the temps on your chart are rounded to the nearest 0.1 degree. That would go a long way to explaining your plateau. Typically a basal thermometer needs to have 2 decimals in order to get a chart that makes sense! If I rounded everything on my chart up to 1 decimal, I'd have a lot of plateaus too. If it bothers you, you should get a different thermometer. Also, your new doctor sounds seriously like the best doctor I've ever heard of. I'm so glad you found one of the few good ones out there!

Teresa - I hope you're doing ok.

Shesaidboom - welcome back! I want to hear all about your honeymoon! Was it all that you hoped?

SKJ - have fun with your "appointments" ;)

Rochelle - I totally understand needing a break from Clomid. Clomid was the worst thing that ever happened to me! You really should ask your OB if you can try Femara instead, it's so much easier. Sounds like you really have given yourself a lot of options with the adoption thing. I'm sure you'll end up with a really wonderful child, no matter how it happens.

toothfairy - ugh talk about being unlucky with your DH's trips! I know how frustrating it feels to skip month after month. That's part of the reason I was all upset last week... I skipped April for the lap, in May we tried naturally which I didn't have much hope for, I cancelled my IUI in June, and I'm travelling right during my fertile phase in August so I can't do an IUI that month either. July is going to my only real chance in a while!

lilac - I really hope you guys manage a succesful donation tomorrow!

Bucket - I'm really hoping your sliver of hope is the one that won't have to get dashed.

AFM - CD 3. I started Femara yesterday. I'm already feeling Femara-y. It's not really that bad but the first day is always a bit bleh because I still remember what normal feels like. I'll be doing Puregon injections on CD 5 and 7. That's it. Last month I did CD 5-6-7, so hopefully I have less follicles given that I'm taking 1 less dose.

I had a baseline ultrasound yesterday and all was good, I had no cysts (which is something I was worried about). Also they did an antral follicle count and there were 20! Which is so much more awesome than the 13 I had last time I did that test (over a year ago). Which led me to a googling frenzy... apparently I have extremely high chance of success for IVF with 20 antral follicles, and I can expect to be fertile for another 10 years. Awesome!

My SIL gave birth last weekend at 37.5 weeks. She had such a tiny baby... 4lbs 15oz... cutest little girl ever. My parents are in a frenzy. It's their first grandchild. I've never seen my mom so excited. She's never been excited about grandchildren before. It makes me a bit sad because I'm the eldest in my family and I always thought I'd have the first grandchild. I started TTC before my brother and SIL. Anyways I don't get to meet my niece until August because my family lives halfway across the country.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#281 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 PM

Ok...so since this morning I've had some good cries and time to think about things and talk them over with DH and whirls we are doing the whole adoption thingbwe may simultaneously ttc. We made an appt with the closest RE. (3hours away) our appt is July 12th at 1pm so we will drive down that morning and probablydrive right back afterwards. I'm suddenly super nervous.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#282 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 04:38 PM

Beta today, negative:(

I knew it was highly unlikely that my first month on clomid would have been successful, especially with my crappy response, but this still f-ing sucks...I have crappy timing the next two months as well, arrrrr
#283 of 292 Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 PM

Bucket: I'm so sorry! It truly does suck. Are you planning on staying on Clomid?

Rochelle: Sorry about AF :( Three hours away?? UGH!!! That's a real stinker! I think it's great that you are going to TTC while adopting - especially for someone like you and DH who aren't too far down the IF path. You strike me as the kind of person who has tons of love to go around, and I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with a BFP on your next HPT and your adoption app :)

SKJ: Thank you for the whole body cross :) I think your numbers will be fine - plus I think you want them to be representative of the cycle you're actually having - every little change tells your RE something, so I wouldn't worry about it. Yay for O and for those late night/early morning/afternoon delight appointments!!!

Lilac: Totally rooting for an awesome sample tomorrow!!! Good luck :)

Monkey: I can't believe you're getting so close - eek!

Milk: Mmmmmmm..... goji berries! Yum! Sorry DP doesn't like 'em - I'd gladly eat his share though they do make your poo rather pink (sorry, TMI??). I usually soak them for a bit for putting them into anything - they soften up that way. Does he eat oatmeal? The other suggestions (with other berries, in smoothies, etc.) were all great too. Sorry the wicked witch is here, but I'm excited for you to try out all of your new drugs :) Oh, and I say ditch the charting!! I was awful at it and it totally stressed me out so I gave it up and was much happier!

shesaidboom: Welcome home!!!! Was it ah-mazing?!?! Details lady! So happy to see your name pop up :)

Sourire: I'm glad you're back and hope the week off from the boards gave you a little bit of a mental break. I know what you mean by not being able to stay away. I didn't think I'd be able to keep up with two threads, and while I'm not posting as much over here, I really can't stay away - I just love y'all too much!! I'm keeping everything crossed for your follies to not go crazy this month! I hope this is the right meds combination for you. Do you know when you'll be able to do IVF yet? I don't know what an antral follicle count is, but it sounds awesome in your case. Yippee! Congrats on becoming an aunty - even if it is a little bittersweet. I hope the little pea gains some weight soon!!

AFM: Last night, DH and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. I sure never thought three years ago that we'd be where we are now... things so often don't work out the way you plan though, right? Anywho, a huge thank you to everyone for all the support these past two weeks.... what a freakin' rollercoaster!!! We're not out of the woods yet, but things are looking cautiously optimistic. Ultrasound today did not show anything in the uterus or the tubes which is really neither good nor bad given that my beta isn't really high enough to see something. My beta on the other hand was 405 which is almost an exact doubling from Monday's 136 (should have been 408 if it were exact). So, it now seems like "El Cid" (or "Al Seed" as we call him) is kicking into gear. There's still a question, though of where he is nestled. SO, they wanted me to have an ultrasound on Tuesday and my Dr. was insisting that I come into the clinic for said u/s. Only glitch is that we are going to be in ME for most of this weekend, followed by a one-night stay in Great Barrington on Monday night (we have a favorite little B&B there, and I'm dying to see the owner who is the most lovable woman in the world and who knows all about our struggle!). I've really, really been looking forward to this last little part of our trip, and really didn't want to cancel to come back for a 7.30am ultrasound - know what I mean?? I also didn't like the sound of a ruptured ectopic pregnancy :( So, of course there truly are no REs near that area (thanks for the Albany and Springfield recs!). I asked my nurse if Monday would be OK for the scan and she said yes. We're supposed to leave Rockport, ME on Monday AM to drive down to MA, and we'll have to pass right through Portland. And guess what? I found a clinic in Portland on my first try that will do the u/s for me on Monday!!! My nurse actually called them and filled out some paperwork so that I can go there - she was nervous that they wouldn't see me b/c basically it's going to be their job to rule out an ectopic pregnancy and that's a lot of responsibility. But, they were a-ok with taking me on - yippee!! I just have to deal with insurance tomorrow AM. If that doesn't work, anyone have any idea what an out-of-pocket scan might cost? Ladies, I'm feeling a lot more hopeful today .... it's not over yet, but I feel like we're getting so much closer :) I'll try to update from my phone on Monday.... Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

#284 of 292 Old 06-29-2012, 04:04 AM

Teresa - So glad to hear that things are looking up!! I haven't been posting but have been reading everyday looking for updates from you. I really want everything to work out for you and am sending all the positive vibes I can muster your way.

Milk - I laughed when you called your dp a whiney biatch!!! Just eat the damned berries already! I am also excited for your new doctor, things are looking up for you too!!!!!

Shesaidboom - Welcome back, hope your honeymoon was awesome.

TF2B and Sourire, sorry about your sucky timing.

Hi! to everyone else, I have been reading but not posting. Nothing going on with me, no af or o since my provera induced af. Hot flashes are back, not as intense or frequent as last time but they are back and I am sitting here in a pool of sweat as I type (gross I know). Have my apt next Wednesday to review my blood work, and hsg, I am nervous I am not sure how I will take it if the outcome is premature menopause or ovarian failure - not even sure what the difference is between these two. I have buried my ttc feelings so deep that I honestly have no idea how I will feel if I am told that I can never have another baby. I am just kinda of numb inside when it comes to that I've built myself up quite the protective shield over the past few years.

Long weekend here this weekend, I am off camping and am very excited - even though it is calling for rain everyday!!!!!! Happy Canada day fellow Canadians!!!!!!!

#285 of 292 Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

smilesandfree - Happy Canada Day from my DH who is Canadian.  

teresa, I hope you will find out where "El Cid" is nestled and that he keep growing.

Milk, sorry that your AF showed up.  I wonder if your temps through your AF would give you a better representation of when you ovulate or if you do.  I can't remember when exactly you started temping (was it the middle of the cycle?)

AFM, last night's stay in a hotel was nice - went swimming in the pool and relaxed.  Had a nice breakfast this morning then DH collected the sample for the RE.  The doctor's office called back and there were 5 motile sperm (up from 1 last SA) and 3 non-motile sperm.  Less overall sperm (only 8 of them over 25 last time).  But having more sperm moving is good.  DH wants to wait another month before he makes another donation to be frozen for our future IVF cycle.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#286 of 292 Old 06-30-2012, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone want the July thread? If not, I'll keep doing it, but I don't feel like I absolutely must.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#287 of 292 Old 06-30-2012, 08:06 AM

I wouldn't mind taking over for July. I'm sure I will be here a ton anyway with lots of RE-type questions. 

Also, holy moly is it a lot of paperwork! I thought adoption paperwork was long but the 16 pages of stuff I had to print to take to our first RE appt is killer!

#288 of 292 Old 06-30-2012, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

SimplyRochelle- It's all yours and, yes, I remember that crazy amount of paperwork. I think ours may have been even longer.

#289 of 292 Old 06-30-2012, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rochelle-All out RE stuff was online but I remember it taking forever to fill out. Good Luck!!! can't wait to hear how your appt goes.

Lilac- 5 in the bank is still good!! Glad you're gettingto relax!

Smiles- have fun camping. Hope theres ansers waiting on wednesday.

Teresa- happy anniversary. Hope youre enjoying your time away and looking forward to good news monday.

Sourire- congrats auntie! Good luck ths cycle, the waiting / timing/ breaking stinks... Sorry they won't do IVF sooner. How much puregon are you taking?

Milk- sorry AF came. Shes such a buzzkill. No advice here on the thermometer... Weird that it gav the same temp for so long.

Shesaidboom- welcome back from your honeymoon!! Where were you, was it amazing?

SKJ- your timing still sounds good to me,I'm the queen of terrible timing! Hopeful for you :-)

Sila- miss you, come back soon!

AFM- been so busy with my mom here the past 2 weeks & now DH is home for 2 weeks so its hard to check in. 5 dpo, just angin out. Had a beautifl wonderfl date day inBoston with my hubby today, so nice to be distracted.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#290 of 292 Old 07-01-2012, 11:15 AM

Sourire - it really is hard to take a break from this place, isn't it? You ladies are always such a great support to me, I always miss you.
Thank you. The honeymoon was amazing! The not being pregnant thing was hard, and Father's Day was very hard on especially Dh(!!), but the rest was great. We tried so many new things, like snorkelling with sharks! I never thought I'd be saying that one.
I hope this new protocol gives you less follies. Your resuls from the antral follicle count sound wonderful! I'm so glad.
As happy as having a new niece is, I can imagine how hard it must be for you. Big hugs to you. 

SimplyRochelle - That sounds like a great decision, and yes, isn't the paperwork intense?

BucketOfRain - I'm sorry about the negative. Even if we know it's not likely to be successful, it's still a very hard thing to go to. I'm hoping good things for your next cycle!

Teresaresa - Thank you for the welcome back! It was amazing, it really was! I'll post a link to the honeymoon photos at the end of this post so anyone who wants to see can check them out. We tried so many new things, which was a great distraction from the fact that we are not yet pregnant.
Happy Anniversary to you and dh! I love the El Cid nickname! I'm glad the Portland clinic will see you. Cutting your trip short is not fun. I'm crossing my fingers for you and hope everything is good news. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Smilesarefree - thank you! I hope your test brings nothing but good news. I'm crossing my fingers for you. Also, happy Canada Day to you!

lilacvioletiris - I'm glad things are going up with dh's sperm! That's good news. I'm also glad you enjoyed your hotel stay. Definitely a well deserved relaxation time. This stuff can get so stressful.

cait - thank you! We went to the Florida Keys and the Everglades. It really was amazing!
Distractions definitely are nice, aren't they? Good thoughts for you in your 2ww!

AFM, nothing new to report. Just waiting for another AF (still a couple weeks away) and seeing where we go from there. We have an appointment with our RE at the end of July. I may try to re-schedule for before AF is to come to see whether we should go straight to IVF. Weight loss has been going pretty well. I've lost 10 pounds since the wedding and am hoping it continues to drop. I tend to lose weight on vacations because I'm a picky eater and we tend to do trips where we're moving around all day long. Hopefully my RE will be pleased when she sees us. If you want to see the honeymoon pictures, you can find them here. HAPPY CANADA DAY to my fellow Canadians. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#291 of 292 Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

sheesaidboom, we were just in the Keys last weekend! Where did you stay? We were on Little Torch Key. Even though the weather was pretty gray, we were glad we didn't get hit with much crazy rain from Debby. Glad you had a great time!

Me (30) and DH (33). I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.  
Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#292 of 292 Old 07-02-2012, 11:39 AM

We were in Tavernier near Key Largo! That's awesome you were there too. We actually visited little torch key! The weather was pretty blah. We were sad we didn't get that beautiful Keys sunset, but you're right, it's good we didn't get hit with Debby!

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page