June 2012 Infertility One Thread- June Bugs Bring Spring Births - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 292 Old 06-06-2012, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

depo - Yes, google sliding scale therapist in your area. Find someone that is getting their credentials. They need hundreds of hours and you can find a lot that will charge very little! I need to look into if for myself.

Sorry everyone that I have disappeared a bit...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#62 of 292 Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

AF seems to be staying away today, yay! I will bring everything up next time I have an appointment with the OB, but since I'm no longer suffering physically, I don't much feel like going to see him.I have been keeping track of symptoms and may call sooner rather than later, but am just not up for it right now. DH has a hard time dealing with emotions and I think he was attempting humor, but failed miserably. He typically uses humor to cope with difficult things. I was very grateful for that after we lost the boys, but I'm ready for him to take some things more seriously now. Deportivo- I agree with everyone that you need to give yourself the royal treatment this weekend. Sorry everyone else. I'm terrible at persies and lazy about responding to everything. Hellos and positive vibes to everyone.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#63 of 292 Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 PM

shesaidbloom- yeah the whole don't worry about it thing is driving my crazy! Bonkers. To top it off, one of DH's friends at hockey got pregnant naturally after two failed IVF's and told him they just went on vacation and it happened. So, what he told DH is it all has to do with stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I could kill him, now DH is convinced it is all do to stress, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been stressed and he hasn't been stressed for almost four years. I feel like walking up to him and telling him he is an idiot! DH TOO! i have been on vacation many times in the past couple of years, am I pregnant and do I have a child, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! dAMIT people are so stupid.$#%!

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#64 of 292 Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 PM

Sila- thanks that helps a lot, man I am in rough shape. I have been searching already! I have been thinking about you too. Wondering how you are holding up with everything? I am sorry about your last cycle. Where are you going from here? Sorry for what you are going through, chances are I am experiencing some of what you are too. I have been stressed waiting to start IVF. SO stressed. My own coping skills need to be revised.

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#65 of 292 Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

AF is still gone. Woot! BD time soon :-).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#66 of 292 Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

AF is still gone. Woot! BD time soon :-).

#67 of 292 Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I had my ultrasound this morning. There are 4 follicles growing. The largest is at 15mm so they want me to keep taking Puregon and come back for another ultrasound on Saturday. The doctor mentioned there's a high risk of multiple pregnancy. I told him I'm not very comfortable with that, and asked about cancelling the cycle. He was really against cancelling the cycle. He says, if it happens we can always do selective reduction, so it's no big deal. Um.... NO BIG DEAL???? EXCUSE ME??? I asked him if I could stop taking Puregon in hopes that not all the follicles would keep growing. He says, no that will ruin your entire cycle. Um... HOW? WHY? I didn't like this doctor very much. I wish I could talk to my usual doctor about this. Now I have to decide what to do.... arg....

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#68 of 292 Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Sourire- May I ask what caused the doctor switch? How can he say selective reduction is no big deal? It's fine for some people, but it is a heavy emotional burden. Ugh!  Did you ask him to clarify why the whole cycle would be ruined? Also, are you doing IUI? Maybe you can consider switching to IVF (I know it's more expensive), so that you could elect to transfer only one embryo and reduce your risk of multiples significantly.

#69 of 292 Old 06-07-2012, 12:36 PM

deborah - Yes I'm doing IUI. I'm at a very large fertility clinic and when you go in for ultrasounds/IUI's, you never see the same doctor. Some of the doctors are amazing but the one I got today wasn't one of the good ones!

I did not ask him to clarify why stopping Puregon would ruin everything because I was too flustered by his comment and I can't think fast enough (especially when I'm lying there with no pants on and my legs in stirrups!) However I've heard of people "coasting" during IVF cycles and I doubt that skipping the meds for 1-2 days would ruin anything... it might just make the smaller follicles stop growing leaving me with 2 follicles instead of 4, which sounds like exactly what I would want to happen! Maybe I'll stop the Puregon anyways.

I doubt they'd let me switch to IVF with only 4 follicles though. I didn't ask about that.

#70 of 292 Old 06-07-2012, 02:03 PM

Ok I called back my clinic and got the opinion of another Dr... this one says I can stop taking the Puregon if I want and I'll probably have less follicles at my next ultrasound. I'm so relieved!

deborahbgkelly likes this.

#71 of 292 Old 06-07-2012, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Sourire- My clinic says AT LEAST 4 follicles for IVF, so 4 would have been fine, though this seems like a better choice for you. I had 5 last time, but had a reaction to the anesthetic so we only pulled 2 out.

#72 of 292 Old 06-07-2012, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

I have a question. What is the earliest you all have ovulated? I feel like I'm about to- maybe 2 to 3 days from now, but that would be way early for me. CDs 9 and 10. I think the earliest I ever have was CD 11. But more typically I O between days 13 and 17 I think.

#73 of 292 Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Just cramping I'm feeling. No fertile CM yet.

#74 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Sadly I ovulate on day CD16 to CD26 with an average of CD19.  I still think my thyroid meds aren't in the right place to get my ovulation where it needs to be. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#75 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 07:06 AM

Deborah - without meds I O between cd16-20. On Femara I have O'ed as early as cd12.

#76 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

The pain is not here now, so maybe it was something else. I have noticed a pattern to the recent cramping episodes which is that I always seem to feel them at night. I have no idea why.

#77 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

The pain is not here now, so maybe it was something else. I have noticed a pattern to the recent cramping episodes which is that I always seem to feel them at night. I have no idea why.

#78 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 12:49 PM

privateeyes.gif

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#79 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 03:02 PM

(ugh I accidentally deleted my first post)

Deborah - I get random no pattern to it cramping my entire cycle. No one has an answer for me. I guess it's just my polycystic ovaries? I didn't notice it as much this cycle. Probably because it was such a "short" one for me.

AFM - AF is here. CD3 appt on Sunday. I'm assuming we're sticking to the 3 failed cycles before changing protocol and that everything will be the same. I want to ask if there is something we can do so I can get another follicle or 2 and have more targets for DH's swimmers. This week DH kept asking if I needed to take a break. No. But I got him to tell me why he is so unsure about this month. He's worried his count/motility will be down again because our acupuncturist is out of the country until the day I'm supposed to ovulate. Last month not going made a big difference. He just wants it to be worth it.  If I ovulate on CD14 again (I've ovulated 7 days after the last dose of Clomid the last 2 cycles so I'm pretty certain I will) it looks like he won't have to work until that night so thankfully it looks like his schedule might cooperate. I feel like now that I've had a normal length cycle I can't go back. Plus it's kind of like this was a our first cycle trying since it was my first normal cycle. June feels good. I guess because last June (1yr later and nothing fml) we had a early loss. I was so excited for a March baby. I would love a little March Pisces like myself. We are trying in June. Plus the my 2ww will be during a vacation DH and I are taking just the 2 of us. My Wondfos just came in the mail today. I'm ready.

Sorry I went MIA most of the week. Sometimes it just happens.

Sourire - When is your next u/s? I'll take one of your extra follicles off your hands for you.

Cait - How's the 2ww going?

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#80 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

I do not have PCOS, but maybe Endo does the same thing, though I've never noticed pain that wasn't associated with O or AF.

#81 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 04:46 PM

Deborah: I have random craping throughout my cycle sometimes sharp twinges sometimes dull aches. I often think it is ovulation or something else but it turns out not to ever be either...

I'm cd7 today, last clomid pill tonight, thankfully. Side effects haven't been too terrrible just weird. I'm a teacher and one of my students asked me if I had been running up a lot of stairs before I picked up my class. I said no why, she told me I was breathing really loudly...so weird, but I felt fine and certainely didn't feel I was breathing any differently. Also, just very, very spacey feeling. Not a total mind body disconnect but something is off for sure. I go back to the doc monday morning for a check in and will mention all of this to her.

Do clomid side effects last the whole cycle or just until you stop taking the pills?
#82 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 06:57 PM

Deborah - I'm not sure if it's an endo symptom. But then again I haven't come across anything saying it's a pcos symptom either.

BucketOfRain - Most people experience most side effects from Clomid AFTER the last dose. They usually kick in for me around the 4th dose. I know what you mean, I don't get completely spacey but it's as if I just cannot physically or mentally make decisions. I usually get a headache the day of the first dose too. I hope you end up lucky and it's not too bad (are you on 50mg or 100?). I've been meaning to introduce myself. I'm in the same boat. TTC#2 for 19months. I hope you appt shows some great follicles growing in there!

AFM - I treated myself to a cheat day/fat day and went to Whole Foods for dinner. 2 slices of vegan pizza, kombucha, peanuts, and chocolate to eat while I read tonight. DH said that's not cheating, it's "healthy", but when you're pco and can pack on the pounds just thinking about non-veggie carbs and sugar, it's a pretty big deal - especially when AF takes over my brain. 

#83 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Sila- I have two theories on what the symptom is- it's either an I'm hungry symptom or an I need to get laid symptom. Both solutions worked for lifting the pain; at least for now. LOL.

#84 of 292 Old 06-08-2012, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Sila- I have two theories on what the symptom is- it's either an I'm hungry symptom or an I need to get laid symptom. Both solutions worked for lifting the pain; at least for now. LOL.

#85 of 292 Old 06-09-2012, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Well, all I can saw is my luteal phase appears to be lengthening.  Woke up this morning with high temp again, still crampy, tender breasts, weird metallic taste in my mouth - but yesterday I did a pregnancy test and it was negative.  I have one more in the house so I think I will wait until at least Monday. 

Happy Birthday to me!  Deborah, if you can change my age to 36 for me.  Thanks.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#86 of 292 Old 06-09-2012, 07:20 AM

Deborah - Well both of those sound like an easy fix winky.gif

Could you update my blurb?

SilaMarila (26) DH (29) TTC#2 since 2010. Rarely ovulating with PCO and motility/morphology issues. 1/12 DH starts intensive acupuncture. 2/12 Clomid #1 - failed, no response. 3/12 Motility up to 50%, penetration 100% all w/acupuncture! 4/12 & 5/12 Failed Clomid + IUI cycles.

(though I'll prob ask to change it again after I learn what we are doing this cycle. Sorry it just bugs me to have it be behind!)

Lilac - Woohoo longer LP! Though it's kind of a mean time for you body to decided to do that and confuse it with possibly being pregnant.

Any fun weekend plans?

#87 of 292 Old 06-09-2012, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Lilac- That sounds promising! Sila- I am happy to update it and I did. As talented as I am, predicting updates is not something I am capable of doing :-). Also, yes, they are easy fixes and fun! I think my body is making up for lost time because I have been extra interested in DH lately. I doubt he'll mind...

#88 of 292 Old 06-09-2012, 11:16 AM

Bucket - Clomid side effects last a long time. I felt them for almost 2 months after my last dose (though they do decrease with time)! The reason for this is that Clomid has a half life of 5-7 days, which means that it takes 5-7 days for 50% of the Clomid to get eliminated from your system. It takes about 7 half lives to get rid of the medication completely, so its not totally gone until 5-7 weeks later. That being said, everyone reacts differently to Clomid so you never know what is going to happen!

lilac - Happy birthday! Hooray for a longer LP! I hope you're one of those people who gets a BFN at 11 dpo then gets a BFP a few days later!

Sila - I hope your cheat day cheered you up a bit. AF sucks :(

AFM - sooo I went back for another ultrasound today. My ovaries have gone wild. Even though I was at the lowest possible dose of Puregon, and I stopped taking it on Thursday after my last ultrasound (so I only took it 3 times), I now have 6 follies!!!!! 3 are mature at 21mm, 18mm and 16mm. 2 more are borderline and 14mm and 13mm. And 1 is probably too small to worry about at 11mm. WTF?!?!? I think I would be an amazing candidate for IVF! The doctor today was super nice (even though she was pregnant) and sat down with me to talk about everything (after I had put my pants back on). We discussed the risks of multiple pregnancies. She gives me 20% chance of twins and 5% chance of triplets or more if I go ahead with this IUI. Yikes! I keep thinking of the Jon & Kate + 8 story where they had 3 mature follicle and 1 borderline and ended up with septuplets. So yeah we decided to cancel the cycle. Too much crazyness!

#89 of 292 Old 06-09-2012, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Why not look into converting to IVF? I too think you'd be an excellent candidate for it. I know the cost can be problematic, but you might think about it.

#90 of 292 Old 06-09-2012, 08:31 PM

Sourire - Were you planning on IUI? You aren't even going to try the old fashioned way? You must be way more logical than I am. I would have gone ahead with it - but we're comfortable with the idea of twins. I'm over Clomid.

Lilacbirthday.gif

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page