June 2012 Infertility One Thread- June Bugs Bring Spring Births - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 292 Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you everyone. Much needed support. I am thinking of all of you, I have just hit rock bottom lately. So, thankful to have such an understanding support system.

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#122 of 292 Old 06-13-2012, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Deportivo- I'm glad we can be here for you. I hope you make time to be kind to yourself and have some relaxation.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#123 of 292 Old 06-14-2012, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Sourire - I think you are so strong for sticking to your guns about the cycle.  I couldn't cope with the thought of selective reduction either, and I'm sure I couldn't do it.  It does come with a reasonable amount of risk all the babies, not just the ones that are being "reduced'.  (What an evil sounding word that is, in this context.  Reduced.)  Anyway, I think you made the right decision for you.  blowkiss.gif

Shesaidboom - Congrats on the wedding.  I'm a little jealous, being that I am not married yet.  It was something that we were talking about in '09, and then I feel pregnant, and the rest is history.  I guess we will do it eventually, but man!  I see there's a movie called "The 5 year engagement", but DP and I have been together nearly EIGHT years now.  It has to be my turn soon.  love.gif

Rochelle - sorry about your monster long working hours, and your DH's job.  I hope that you can summon some energy! 

Lilac - glad the testing worked in well with your cycle.  Thanks for small mercies, right?  

hug2.gif and goodvibes.gif to everyone else who is having good times and bad times.  

AFM:  Yeah, you are all probably wondering why I am loitering back around here again?  Many have said that the desire for a child can override rational thought, and I suspect that is happening to me.  Even given everything, I still have this feeling, somewhere deep in my chest or something, that we still have some sort of a chance on our own.  

Crazy, right?  You can say it - I sure as hell feel crazy...  

When I was pregnant the first time, I was so, so sick, that I swore that one kid would be enough, and I wouldn't get pregnant again.  After I had my third loss, I swore that THREE was enough, and I would never get pregnant again.  I thought the same the last time.  And yet, here I am, crazy as a mofo, ready to give it another shot after FIVE.  

So, now I'm charting, which I have never ever done, and have no clue about.  My cycles are whack!  And, my appointment that I have been waiting for is next week.  Some of you might remember that I was whinging about the 10 week wait when I made it.  It's finally here.  And I am going to ask for every gosh darn medication and intervention under the sun!  

(How do you like that, crunchy MDC???)

If anyone is going to understand, I guess it's you guys flowersforyou.gif

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#124 of 292 Old 06-14-2012, 07:41 AM

Hi Ladies. I'd like to join you all. A little about me: We've been ttc #2 since last April, when I got my PPAF. The first couple of months we weren't trying too hard, but I started charting and we had well timed cycles since June 2011. I got pregnant in January, but had a missed m/c in March. We've tried twice since the m/c with no luck. I had my first RE appointment last month and I'm waiting for AF to get my bloodwork, u/s, hsg, and DH's SA. I've been doing acupuncture and herbs since September. I have a short LP with pre-AF spotting, even while on progesterone. I've done progesterone after O for 4 cycles. The first one, my LP increased to 12 days, but I still had spotting. the second one, is the cycle I got pg. The third one, another 12 day LP, but still spotting. This past cycle, I switched to vaginal prometrium and I'm spotting at 11 DPO. Interestingly, the only times I've gotten pregnant are when I O'ed on CD13 on the left side. I've never O'ed that early otherwise. I have a feeling something is up with my right side, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm not too concerned about the spotting b/c I had 6 days of spotting with my DD and a couple days of spotting with my m/c. I'm thinking my problem is more due to O'ing "late", which for me seems to be after CD13.

I hope I haven't bored you (insert scene from Airplane!).

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#125 of 292 Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Hi SKJ- I believe I recognize you from another thread. Please let me know what you'd like in your blurb. You are always welcome here and you will find a wonderful support network.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#126 of 292 Old 06-14-2012, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the welcome Deborah - I recognize you from the TTCAL thread. Here's my blurb. Please feel free to format accordingly:

SKJ2011 (34), DH (35). TTC #2 since Spring 2011. Missed m/c and D&C in March 2012. First RE work up in June 2012.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#127 of 292 Old 06-14-2012, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Milk, you are not crazy!  That drive to have a little one is stronger for some women than others but I know I want a baby too.  I just talked with a friend today who is 46 years old and having her forth after starting to have babies at 38.  She didn't have to go through infertility treatments, but she still waited a long time for a baby to be in her arms.  She is due any day with her 3rd little boy.

AFM, I just called my RE and my FSH was 6 which the nurse said was within the normal range.  DH's results on his cystic fibrosis screen were negative so that is a very good thing.  Still waiting for his chromosome testing to come back.  Tomorrow is the sperm freezing procedure.  I sure hope there are lots of little swimmers to preserve tomorrow.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#128 of 292 Old 06-14-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

My chart is all wonky! Positive OPK CD 11, negative CD 12 and CD 13 and this morning- CD 14. EWCM this afternoon, though. Ack! I do not understand. SKJ- I thought that might be where, but I'm on several threads, so I get a little confused.

#129 of 292 Old 06-14-2012, 05:23 PM

Deportivo and sourie: I hope you both are having better days and I am sorry that you and all of us have to experience and endure this wretched pain...

Shesaidboom: congratulations on Your wedding!

Milk and lilac: good luck with your appointment

Afm: such a draining week...ovridel shot on Tuesday, I have never had to go myself a shot before so it was really weird but not painful. Iui on Wednesday, another weird but not painful experience. Dr did not check my lining again so I have no idea if the estrogen is helping. It is giving me crazy hot flashes though:( which are better than the clomid mind trip I had last week but still...

I am supposed to start Crinone tomorrow morning but won't be able to pick up my prescription until the afternoon so I think I will wait until Saturday to start it as I read that it's best to do it in the morning. Any thoughts on that?
#130 of 292 Old 06-14-2012, 07:21 PM

Rochelle  - I remember you too from when I was here before.  Sending Hugs

Sourire - I understand why you cancelled, I had 3 - 4 follicles on my successful cycle, and I was a wreck until my u/s showed just 1 baby.  I don't know that i'd take that risk again, I can not do selective reduction and I developed pe last time so anymore than 1 would be bad for me.

How long should I try before going to the RE again?  It took me 2 years to conceive the 1st time.  I still have not gotten my PPAF yet, so I am not counting this as TTC until it comes back. I am no spring chicken so I do not want to try too long (after AFreturns) before going back to the RE. 

Deborah - I guess you can put Waiting for PPAF as my blurb. 

I may not be able to stop by here too much as it is my busy season at work.  But I wanted to stop by and let you all know that people do graduate even after a long visit here. 

DS 4/11

#131 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 05:04 AM

Sourire: My old cycle buddy :( I'm so sad that those people on the other forum are such jerks. How can anyone who is going through IF be judgemental in any way??? I just don't see how it's possible. Two things .... if you need me to come to Canada to kick some tuchus, I'd be happy to - I'm in ME at the end of this month, and it's only another few hours "upstate" ... second thing, don't go on other boards!!! Clearly the women here are the most amazing women - ever - and women on other board just can't be trusted ;-) Don't second guess yourself - you're going to be such an awesome mom when the time comes. I'm glad you stuck to your principles because high order multiples/selective reduction would be really, really hard. Too bad those other ladies couldn't understand that. Also, panic attacks suck. I can totally empathize. I hope you don't go through it again.... deep breaths, my dear. Finally, yeah, FB is just awful. Maybe they should ban babies/baby announcements from FB until we have ours? Too bad there'll always be more women like us out there .... permanent ban? I guess a ban on using FB is fairer (and easier). I hope it's as gorgeous up there right now as it is here - the sun is in full bloom :) Hoping your follies calm down and you start to feel better soon!!!

Shesaidboom: Yay for such an awesome wedding day!!! And, congrats on the weight loss!!! You rock :) Though AF coming early is annoying, this could be rather amazing for you. You can totally chill out on your honeymoon, and come back in a super relaxed state of mind to start in on IVF which is most definitely going to work for you!!! I forget what you guys are doing for the honeymoon - details?

Milk: OMG, I miss you!!!! I am so glad your appointment date has finally come (and that you kept it even through the "this has all gone to shit, and I'm outta here" period)!!! You're so not crazy - you're just meant to be a momma - no matter what it takes! I hope this RE finally takes you seriously and honors your requests for tests/meds. I'm rooting for you!

Sila/Cait/Smiles: What's new with you beautiful ladies??

Everyone who is new here - WELCOME! This is a really incredible group of women who will give you tons of support, and who aren't afraid to say all those deep, dark things we're sometimes afraid to express. They're also really funny :)

AFM: Not sure if it's annoying if I post this here, but I feel l needed to share this with the ladies I started on MDC with, so.... here is my post from the IVF thread this AM: Ok, so I couldn't hold out any longer. I woke up at about 6.30 this AM, and decided that since I have four tests and four days until beta (well including beta day) that I would just test. But to blue's point (she's on the IVF thread), the HCG could still be in my system right? Today is only 14 days past trigger. However, I've always tested super early for IUIs and never had a positive, so I'm thinking OK it's probably safe to test. But then I remember that I did a Lupron/low dose HCG trigger and I have no idea what that means for POAS. So I do some Googling, and I find out that the Lupron trigger leaves your body even earlier. So, ok.... I should be good to test, right?? Because, the ClearBlue early pregnancy test with electronic display said "pregnant," and that's never happened before! I can breathe, right? I'm going by my RE's office today to say goodbye to the ladies, so I'll ask my nurse then, but..... we're good, right? It worked? Holding back tears right now.

#132 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 05:14 AM

teresaresa, I hope your "pregnant" POAS is really it!  Praying for even better news in a couple days with yoru betas.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#133 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 07:36 AM

Teresa - Ovidrel has a half life of around 23hrs (for example if you were given 10,000 hcg it should be out around 10-11 days) and if your trigger has an even faster half life you've got to be good! How many days past transfer are you? Waiting to hear bout more positives and a great beta in a few days! For what it's worth, in my experience the nurse will probably tell you you tested too early. I think they just like to wait until a beta because that's more definitive and they are kind and don't want to get your hopes up if there is a chance that you could not be pregnant.

I've been quiet, but I'll try to pop in later tonight.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#134 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 07:41 AM

Thanks lilac!!!

Sila: My nurse wasn't there, but another nurse told me I cheated. Still, everyone else in the office was pretty sure I was good, so I'm going to keep hope cautiously alive :) Hope you're doing well - I've definitely been thinking about you!

#135 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

TERESA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

You know what, I'm 100% sure that trigger is gone at 14DPT. In fact I've been following your whole IVF on the other thread and every time I read one of your posts I thought to myself "that girl is SO going to get a BFP this month!". I've know it all along and I'm 100% sure this is for real! I'm so excited for you, it almost feels like I got a BFP myself! I'm just going to go ahead and post the dancing veggies now because I can't contain my excitement until your beta!!!!!!!!

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Milk - I'm glad to see you jump back in! Sometimes all we need is some time off to gather up our strength and and then we can plunge back in again. I am totally with you on asking for every intervention possible. I used to be extremely anti-doctors/medications/interventions and now I'm getting injections, I just had surgery, and I am planning to go to my RE on Tuesday and beg for IVF. It's incredible how much I've changed. I will do anything to get my baby!

SKJ - Welcome!

lilac - I'm cheering on your DH's sperm for tomorrow!

deborah - so are your temps still low? Hmm maybe your body was gearing up to O then it didn't happen? If so you'll probably get another +OPK soon.

bucket - I think it's OK if you don't start Crinone immediately. What's most important is for your progesterone levels to be high when the embryo starts implanting, so about a week after your IUI. Some doctors say to start the day of the IUI, others say to start it the day after, and other say 3 days after. So the message I take from that is that it's not important when you start it as long as you don't wait more than 3 days after O. I usually waited until I had a temp rise on my own to confirm O before I started taking it (because Crinone makes your temp go up so then you can't confirm O). I take Crinone too and I've found that it tends to build up in there until it gets to the point where it's hard to get anymore in (that takes about a week). I got in the habit of cleaning it out a bit every few days when I was in the shower. Since I normally shower at night, I would take the Crinone in the evenings so that I could take my next dose of Crinone immediately after cleaning it out because I was worried my progesterone levels would drop if I cleaned it out and didn't put more back in right away. That ended up working out pretty well for me (thought I never got a BFP so who knows!).

stretch - Are you planning to chart once you get PPAF? If you've had a history of fertility problems and you're over 35 I would probably go see the RE as soon as I had 3-6 cycles with perfect timing and BFN's. They say to try for at least 6 months to a year but I figure if you have perfect BD timing there's no reason to wait that long, those timelines are for people who don't chart and may be getting BFN's just because their timing is off!

AFM - Well I've been freaking out because I was expecting to O sometime this week and I never got a + OPK! On Tuesday and Wednesday I started seeing a faint 2nd line on the OPKs, and so I thought it was going to keep getting darker but instead it just disappeared. So I was all worried I was going to have an anovulatory cycle and that maybe the doctor who told me my follies would shrivel up and die if I stopped Puregon was right and I was going to have to ask for Provera when I saw the Dr on Tuesday (CD21). Tuesday and Wednesday were also the days when my estrogen side effects were the worst (nausea, dizziness etc) and Tuesday is when I had the panic attack. Well on Thursday all my side effects had miraculously disappeared and I felt 100% normal again! And this morning my temp was up! So I guess I O'ed on Thursday. They say estrogen levels peak right before O and then drop rapidly so it all makes sense now! I still don't understand why my OPK's were never positive, that's never happened to me before and I was taking them twice a day. Oh well! All's well that ends well!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#136 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have pondered long and hard whether to join any forums/communities that deal with infertility as I wanted to find a community that would provide support and information not just judgements, unwanted advice or a one way or the highway approach to things. I had read other forums where members seemed to be very condemning and there seemed to be almost a mob mentality that really left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I have been lurking for a bit and liked what I read on here, so here I am!

About us: I am just turned 40 and my husband will be turning 43 in August. We have been married for almost three years and TTC for 2. Last year (during our infertility screening) we found out we were expecting but we lost that pregnancy in May of last year at 5-6 weeks. We moved forward with the screening and we fall into the unexplained category. I do have Graves Disease but am at normal ranges with no meds at this time. We moved to CT in September and just started with a RE here and are currently in the 2WW for our third cycle of IUI w/Clomid. Our next step if this doesnt stick is IVF evaluation. For some reason, this 2WW is so much harder than the last two! I think its because we have IVF hanging over our heads. My husband has been pretty great in supporting me but I also realized he just isnt going to "get" a lot of the rollercoastering that happens, which is why I decided to take the plunge and join!

#137 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Sourire- Temps are not still low, but FF had not yet recognized O yesterday. It was just one little patch of EWCM late yesterday afternoon. Sticky/dry quite quickly after that. I even did another OPK after that and it was negative. I was totally lost. I made sure we DTD anyway (it was actually about 2 a.m., but that's pretty close). Actually, I entered today's temperature and it detected O the same day I did. Phew! That means our timing was awesome and yesterday was just fun. Nievesstevens- This is a wonderful thread to join. We always try to be supportive of each other and help each other. See Sourire's note to me. Also, let me know how you'd like your blurb. AFM- I should just trust my instincts. I was almost certain I O'ed on CD 11, but let my chart and my CF convince me otherwise. Then, of course, it turned out I was right all along! 

#138 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM

Teresaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (I am singing your name) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited for you!

#139 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 11:10 AM

Sourire: Those dancing veggies are the awesomest thing I have ever seen!!! The dancing banana looks like the banana from "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" - do you know that viral video? I'm googling right now to see if I can find it.... oh, yeah.... here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MDNFaGfT4. I don't know why, but it makes me freaking crack up every time!!!! "Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat" - what does that even mean?? Thanks for following my journey :) It's been so helpful knowing that I have so many cheerleaders. I really love the ladies on the IVF side, but I do miss you all :) Oh, and your post to Milk made me smile because I am exactly the same (soooooo anti medication, and now here I am with an IVF under my belt!!!). Glad you O'd!!!!

Nieve: Welcome!!! This group of women is uber supportive - whatever path you are taking!! You can say just about anything and everything here... safely! You really can't go wrong with this incredible group!!!! I'm sorry you have to join, but I'm glady you found MDC. Not sure where in CT you are, but I just did my IVF with RMA-CT in Norwalk. They were awesome, and they have one of the highest live birth success rates I've seen... so if it works for you, I'd highly recommend!!!! Feel free to PM when you get to that point. I was super nervous about IVF, but it's been a really good experience (well, you know as good as you could expect it to be!).

Smiles: Thank you!!!!! {{HUGS}}

#140 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM

Nieve - I'm also on my 3rd Clomid/IUI cycle. Should ovulate next Wednesday or Thurs. Your RE isn't pushing for you to do injectables before moving on to IVF? I'm assuming due to your age. Just thought i would say welcome and it's nice to have someone who's on the same protocol! I'm hoping you will be a success story very soon! 

Tersesa - Peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time! Makes me think of Family Guy :)

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#141 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Bear with me as I learn all the acronyms! As you know this process has been so draining and taking this step of joining a forum was a big one for me.

Deborah: As to my blurb (had to go back look at what folks included) I guess mine should read: 40, diagnosed with Grave's Disease in 3/10, married my awesome DH and partner in '09. TTC since 2010, lost a pregnancy on 5/12/12 at 5-6 weeks and now working with RE, fall into the unexplained category. Had 3rd IUI w/Clomid 6/10/12. We moved to CT (Hartford Area) in September where we live with our two dogs. Did I miss anything?

Sila: We are going to wait and see what the outcome is from this IUI and decide from there. My assumption would be that IVF would be next because of my age. What I found interesting this time was that I had cramping after the IUI for a few days and hadnt for the first two! I think I might take a month off anyway as this last ultrasound (two good follicles, one that might have gone already) before the IUI showed that my lining hadn't thickened as much as they would have liked and they attribute that to this being my third round of Clomid. I also feel like my body needs some time off from the poking and prodding. On the plus side, stirrups no longer faze me! eyesroll.gif The numbers will decide.

Teresa: From what I am reading a bit of a YAY! is in order so YAY! YAY! YAY! We are at the UConn Center in Farmington as we are in the Hartford area.

#142 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I did lurk for a while before joining so I"m so glad to say CONGRATS to teresa!!! I'm just so, so happy for you! joy.gif

Quick question for those that use progesterone. Do you stop it before AF, or do you get AF while still taking it? I"m 12 DPO and got a BFN yesterday, so I'm not sure if I should stop taking it so I get AF in the next couple of days, or if AF will show on her own. I've never had an LP longer than 12 days even on progesterone, but I was taking it orally before. Thanks for any tips smile.gif

#143 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 01:23 PM

Nieve: I'm sorry to hear about your less than ideal lining! Clomid kind of stinks for that reason. The cramping is a good sign - it means that they got the catheter to the right spot. Your uterus doesn't like invaders, so it tries to expel whatever has gotten in (i.e. the cath) which is what causes the cramping! I just learned that little tidbit :) Thanks for the YAYs!!! I really like the Hartford area - I go up there sometimes for work. Do you like your RE? The one piece of advice I would give everyone if they would listen, is to make sure you love (or at least trust) your RE. I was with Columbia U. at first and dawdled because I wasn't connecting with the staff there. Anywho, wishing you lots and lots of sticky bean baby dust for this IUI cycle so you don't have to go on to IVF!!!!!!

SKJ: Thanks chicadee!!!! I'm really hoping this is for real. If I get a second positive on tomorrow's HPT, I think I'll let myself believe :) I always waited until my official beta with the RE before stopping the prometrium. I know others who have stopped after a BFN on an HPT though. I always just wanted to keep hoping that my bean was a late blossomer and I didn't want to risk taking away something that was going to help support the bean (as much as I totally hated being on the prometrium!!!). But I'm weird like that :)

#144 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 03:56 PM

teresaresa, oh good, good to hear things have gone well.

AFM, let's just say that being in room #2, which was right next to the main door to the andrology lab, and having people sitting in chairs right outside the door did not help the "donation" process today.  The "room" was a bathroom with a big recliner and a "wind blowing machine".  DH couldn't relax and there was no donation today to be frozen. We rescheduled for two weeks and will be booking a hotel room the night before so we can get the sample to the RE's lab within the 1 hour limit.  Hopefully DH can be relaxed then without having a bunch of people right close by.

#145 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Teresa -YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! If you only did a microdose of hCG, I'm sure it's out of your system! And I may be wrong, but I don't think Lupron shows up on HPTs, so that isn't an issue. Can't wait to hear about your beta. Sticky dust to you!! goodvibes.gif

Milk - I was so excited to see your name again! And you aren't crazy. I still hope for a baby for you, darn it! I hope your doctor has/had some good suggestions. hug2.gif

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014 it's a
#146 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 06:19 PM

I wanted to de-lurk and say congratulations, Teresaresa! I've been bopping in on this thread to catch the next BFP and I was excited to see one today.  Again, congratulations!

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#147 of 292 Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 PM

Nieve - I see. What dose of Clomid were you on? My RE bumped me up to 150mg this month in hopes of getting me to produce more than 1 follicle. I'm sorry your lining wasn't thick (oh and Bucket too). I've been lucky and have had "perfect" thick lining every time so far. I'm interested to see if it stays that way. I hope the cramping was a good sign! Ugh, I get random cramping my entire cycle.

SKJ - Oh hi, I recognize you from lurking on the TTCAL thread (so sorry for you loss). If you are supplementing durin your LP my RE makes you come in for a 14dpo beta and if it's negative you can stop. I would give it another day or 2 and if you're still negative I would stop. 

Lilac - Bummer! I'm assuming you live far from the lab if you are considering getting a hotel for the next time. That sucks! Our RE is 20 minutes away and DH has never had to go in to produce - he always does at home. I'm sure he was frustrated :(

AFM - I feel like I'm on a shitload of Clomid. Oh wait. I am. Last night was my last dose. So let the real crazies begin lol! 2 meltdowns yesterday and numerous panicky moments today. Cheers to my last time taking crazy pills.

Again, last night was my last dose, but I'm already feel quite a bit of pressure/fullness/cramping in my lower abdomen/pelvis. Which I have come to accept as a combination of Clomid side effect and my feeling my growing follicle. My 1st IUI cycle it was pretty intense, last cycle I barely noticeable until CD12, and this cycle I'm already feeling it. I'm hoping it's because I'm growing more than 1 follicle. If it's still pretty intense by Sunday I'm going to call and talk to a nurse and see if they think I should maybe come in Mon instead of Tues. I really don't want to miss our window of opportunity, but I really don't want to go in only to discover we need more growth and have to come in the next day too and spend the extra $'s. Sigh.

Nieve, we're on the same page. If this fails we're taking a month off. No meds and I'm going to do a juice cleanse/fast to see if I can get as much of this crap out of my system as possible before moving on. It just makes me feel so yucky. Part of me is planning ahead that it will fail just so I can cleanse. 

Sorry that was so long. I haven't been updating lately.

#148 of 292 Old 06-16-2012, 07:05 AM

lilac: Thanks!! I'm sorry to hear that conditions were less than ideal for DH, but I love the idea of getting a hotel room. My DH's doctor said that it actually helps the counts if the guy is really "into it" when producing the sample. Don't know if that's true, but..... I think you and DH should test the theory Sheepish.gif

Monkey: Thank you!!! I'm trying to be calm until the beta, but I'm pretty excited :)

Krunchy: Thanks lady! I hope all is well with you :)

Sila: I'm sorry this round of Clomid has been so hard on you. But, I'm hopeful that it's producing the results you want! I would definitely try to go in Monday - as long as the follies are measurable, I think they can establish from there the best time for the IUI since the folies grow about 2mm each day, right? Hoping it looks good in there!!!

#149 of 292 Old 06-16-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Huge temp dip today, so now FF thinks I didn't O on CD 11. I think I did. It seems awfully early for there to be a good reason for the dip though. Probably just a really whacky cycle since we're only on the 2nd cycle after the loss of the boys. Ugh. I wasn't even going to chart this month more than seeing the length of the cycle, but I couldn't help it and now I feel a little obsessive. Maybe I've learned my lesson and won't bother next month. I will then have 2 cycles behind me and will have a general idea how long is normal for me.

#150 of 292 Old 06-16-2012, 09:27 AM

teresaresa, I agree with the "into it" theory when producing the sample.  First SA he wasn't into it and he had the " must go to work next" on his mind in the morning, the second time I came home early from work and we played around for awhile before making the collection.  Wala - 25 sperm where there were none.  Hoping the next sample will have even more given a relaxing experience for DH.

Sila, yes, we live 1.5 hours away from the clinic that can do the freezing and we would have to get a sample there for freezing in under an hour.  The hotel room will be a better plan for us, even though it will cost us some money to stay in one.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page