June 2012 Infertility One Thread- June Bugs Bring Spring Births - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 292 Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Please let me know if there are any changes/updates to make.

Trying to Conceive #1

Polyhymnia (29 - 30 next month), DH (30).  IUD removed 6/2011, no luck since then despite regular cycles. Just scheduled one-year-of-trying appt with an OB/GYN next month. BFPChart2.gifhttp://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3606ed/

Lilacvioletiris (35, DX hypothyroid 10/11) and DH (40), initial diagnosis no sperm, azoospermia 3/23/12, second sperm assay found 25 sperm on 5/18/12) TTC #1 since April 2011. Waiting to see the RE on June 12 and go from there.

mexilady (29) married to DH (32), ttc for over a year with short lp and spotting. All labs have come back normal so far, including normal SA. Seeing an RE, starting Femara. moved to graduates!!!

Kparker (27) DH(34) married since 10/2008.  TTC#1 since 9/2008 w/ MIF.  Using sperm donor; 3 failed IUIs so far. HSG + IUI #4 in Jan 2012, suspected female IF. moved to graduates!!!!!!

krunchyk Me (32), DH (33), ttc #1 1/11.  Diagnosed with PCOS at 19.  Eastern Medicine diagnosis of phlegm stagnant.  Currently taking 1500 mg of Metformin daily along with supplements and acupuncture.

Teresaresa (32), DH (46) TTC #1 since 4/09. Tried holistically for 2.5 years. 1 failed Clomid IUI and 4 failed Femara IUIs. Now a regular poster on the Summer IVF thread - hoping science can help us make a baby!

Gemmine (27) Me+ DH TTC #1 since July 2010. 1 loss at 5 weeks in April 2011. 

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/gemmine84

moved to graduates!!!!!!

Shesaidboom (28) TTC #1 since early 2007. Four early miscarriages and one second trimester loss. Struggling with PCOS. Four failed IUIs, three on Femara and one on injectibles. Currently working on losing weight to achieve a BMI under 30 in order to qualify for IVF.

toothfairy2be (26) TTC#1 since 10/10, Failed Clomid/Femara/Gonal F, 4 IUI. Switched to NaPro Technology and diagnosed with Stage 3 Endometriosis with a complex chocolate cyst, all removed at laproscopy March 29th--- making a baby the old fashioned way in 2012.

Sourire (30) DH (33) - TTC # 1 since August 2010 with endometriosis. So far I've done 3 IUI's with Femara and had a laparoscopy in April 2012.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d1bce

Monkeyscience  moved to graduates!!!!!!

Renavoo  (35)  moved to graduates!!!!!!

Blueyezz4 TTC #1 (technically #4 - long story) since 2006; Moving on to our 3rd Fresh IVF in Oct. after 5 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF's and a failed FET.  Hoping & praying for a miracle. Mother to our twins boys - lost at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 and another little angel in heaven lost at 8wks!

deborahbgkelly (30); DH (30) Began TTC 2/2011; BFP after IVF in 11/2011. Late second trimester pregnancy loss of identical twin boys in 3/2012. Fertility challenges: Endometriosis, Diminished Ovarian Reserves (likely due to Endo) and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (anti-thyroid antibodies). Trying the good, old fashioned way over the summer. chartnew.gif

Chicajones (27) DH (30) TTC#1 since June 2010. Diagnosed with PCOS and Insulin Resistance in Oct 2011. Long cycles, currently taking Metformin and watching my sugar. Moving to the UK in the fall, but hoping for a BFP before we leave!  moved to graduates!!!!

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b

Tickletoes (36) & Hubby (45) TTC #1 since 8/10, 3 early losses on 11/4/10 ribbonpb.gif, 6/14/11 ribbonpb.gif, 1/19/12 ribbonpb.gif. First fertility visit scheduled for 2/20. My chart:BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

Charley: 38, husband 38. TTC our first. Me: One unsuccessful cycle with Clomid/IUI in Jan of ’12. In March of ’12 diagnosed with Hydrosalpinx in right tube and endometriosis, polyp at 2cm located in the “sweet spot” of uterus. Lap surgery scheduled for April 13, 2012. Other treatments: positive thinking, green juice, loads of supplements and creative visualization.

Simply Rochelle: Rochelle, 24, married to Matt 26, ttc #1 since May 2007, lap in 4/2012 revealed stage 2 endo, onto 150mg of Clomid for three rounds before re-evaluating. My chart is here.

NievesSteve: 40, diagnosed with Grave's Disease in 3/10, married my awesome DH and partner in '09. TTC since 2010, lost a pregnancy on 5/12/12 at 5-6 weeks and now working with RE, fall into the unexplained category. Had 3rd IUI w/Clomid 6/10/12. We moved to CT (Hartford Area) in September where we live with our two dogs.

Trying To Conceive #2

Stretch358 Waiting for PPAF

TinyMama TTC #2 (DD is 5), with severe MF.

SilaMarila (26) DH (29) TTC#2 since 2010. Rarely ovulating with PCOS and motility/morphology issues. 1/12 DH starts intensive acupuncture. 2/12 Clomid #1 - failed, no response. 3/12 Motility up to 50%, penetration 100% all w/acupuncture! 4/12 and 5/12 Failed Clomid+IUICycles . BFPChart2.gifhttp://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/SilaMarila

MammaBird (42) moved to graduates!!!!!!

rcr (38) TTC #2 since December 2007. Two failed IVFs, four canceled IVFs, five failed medicated IUI cycles. Considering donor eggs, sperm, or both. Trying to keep hope alive and not obsess about IF and TTC.

Gozal (33) trying for number 2 since 2009. Finally diagnosed with prolactinoma after extended breastfeeding; PRL levels normal 4/11; ectopic pregnancy 6/11; three monitored natural cycles after the ectopic, now on round 2 of Clomid with trigger and IUI. moved to graduates!!!!!!

Hope4Light (31) DH 33.  TTC #2.  Trying Since: March 2011 (after PPAF came back) with severe MFI.  IVF #2 Cycle 1; Lupron started March, stims in April.  ER 4/16/12, ET 4/19/12, Beta 5/4/12! Moved to graduates!!!

Smilesarefree TTC#2 for almost 2 years, waiting on a diagnosis.

BucketofRain (32) dh (33) ttc #2 for 18 months. Unexplained infertility...all tests have been good, with regular cycles. 1st cycle of 50mg clomid plus iui...

SKJ2011 (34), DH (35). TTC #2 since Spring 2011. Missed m/c and D&C in March 2012. First RE work up in June 2012.

Trying to Conceive #4

baileyandmikey Kristin (31), DH (36), we have 3 kids (10, 7,3), and one angel (miscarriage and D&C back in 2001), we've been trying for number 4 for over 2 years with no luck.  My cycles got all crazy, having multiple in a month, the OB put me on Clomid, I'm currently on cycle 4.   I've done 50 mg (ovulated, but no bfp), 100mg (no ovulation), 150 mg (ovulated by no bfp), and this cycle was 100 mg.  I'm currently on 8dpo.... and I'm praying it worked this month.  I'm done stressing out about it, and just want to be pregnant already!

Graduates

(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

Hope4light, Mexilady, Chicajones, kparker, gemmine, gozal, wissa19, Monkeyscience, Mammabird, Tenzinsmama, Renavoo, Tantylynn, Kaydove, Brichole1214, Sweet.Bee, Lega, NishaG, Kewpie80, Tear78, ValH, Lesliesara63, no5no5, Minkajane, EastbayK, Grapesbunch, thtr4me, alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, livelovelaugh

Join our graduates on the Graduates thread for Winter/Spring 2012

Missing In Action...but we're still thinking of you

(please let us know if you'd like to jump back in)

babymc, yoyonana, Silverbird, fierrbug, rhiandmoi, jenger, tryingfortow, wallabi, gale, cassnbeth, mindfulmomma, emski4379, kyliel, moonfireglow, Milletpuff, First Short Photo,InGodsHands, Simplymere, Indianagrl, Victorian Patch, lovebug, LuluRoo, catheleni, zanelee, JodiAriel, Skeemama, Jukim

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/delete/change in your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated! love.gif 

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#2 of 292 Old 05-29-2012, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread Deborah!

Welcome Rochelle- I've touched base with you on the short lived endo thread but I am also hoping your post-lap cycles will do the trick!

lilac- Yay for swimmers! In NaPro Tech they believe as long as the woman's cycle is healthy and the man is not completely sterile, you can achieve pregnancy. Hope the free baby is multiplying right now!

Day 2 of EWCM and a smiley on the digital OPK means I'm getting down to business and then heading to bed. Finding it hard to stick to a strict sleep schedule and doing very poorly with gaining weight but progress is progress. Wishing I had u/s monitoring so I knew how good my eggie was and which side it is on, but trying to leave it to the Lord and have faith!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#3 of 292 Old 05-29-2012, 07:49 PM

Hi Deborah:thanks for starting a June thread! I hope you get the keepers luck smile.gif Can you change my blurb to:

teresaresa: (32), DH (46) TTC #1 since 4/09. Tried holistically for 2.5 years. 1 failed Clomid IUI and 4 failed Femara IUIs. Now a regular poster on the Summer IVF thread - hoping science can help us make a baby!

I'm so glad you're going to have a month of good old fashion fun in the hay!! Hope you and DH enjoy. PS - love your thread heading wink1.gif

Cait:Yay for smiley faces!!! You can't help but smile when you see that electronic face grinning back at you, right??? Will you send me a PM about the sleep stuff with NaPro? Good luck!!
#4 of 292 Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Teresa- You are updated. Thanks! I hope so too.  Teresa and Toothfairy- No problem!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#5 of 292 Old 05-30-2012, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Deborah, can you change my blurb to say

(35, DX hypothyroid 10/11) and DH (40, initial diagnosis no sperm, azoospermia 3/23/12, second sperm assay found 25 sperm on 5/18/12) TTC #1 since April 2011. Waiting to see the RE on June 12 and go from there.

Toothfairy2Be, depending on what the RE says, I really want to see a NaPro doctor because I want my cycles to be healthy (and I don't think they are yet given my long stretches of EWCM and terrible cramps during AF).  The hope that 25 sperm brings is amazing.  I hope his sperm counts increase some more.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#6 of 292 Old 05-30-2012, 06:50 AM

Thanks for the new thread Deborah

Cait - So NaPro doesn't monitor? That's gotta be hard. I love the reassurance I get from the u/s and how it minimizes the guessing game. You're eating high calorie foods and not doing any cardiovascular exercise right??? Remember it takes 3,500 calories to make a pound :) I'm sorry the sleep things is rough. If you stick with it you should definitely notice a difference in the way you feel! I just feel better overall since trying to maintain a good sleep schedule (I'm failing on DH's off-days though - I just need more time with him!). Yes, can you post or PM more info about what NaPro says about sleep? I'm thinking good growth thoughts for your egg! Happy BDing! 

Lilac - It seems like if he went from 0-25 in what did you say, 6 weeks? That the odds of that number increasing if you keep doing what you're doing should go up!

AFM - Just waiting. I just dutifully finished eating my last piece of pineapple core (yes, I'm still doing that...). My acupuncturist is going back to her country for 3 weeks. She's so nice and so hopeful for us. She showed me acupressure points and and told me what to eat for morning sickness since she will be gone if I find out I'm pg. That's how hopeful she is. Me, I'm just trying to stay relaxed.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#7 of 292 Old 05-30-2012, 07:50 AM

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been so quiet, I've been super busy with wedding prep. It's less than two weeks now! Dp (soon to be dh!!!) and I had an appointment with our RE this morning and got some very disappointing news. In the recent round of bloodwork we did, she ordered an AMH test and my results came back very bad. I found this chart online, which is what she essentially showed us, but her chart was more in depth with optimal ranges for age ranges.

Ovarian Fertility Potential pmol/L ng/mL
Optimal Fertility 28.6 - 48.5 4.0 - 6.8
Satisfactory Fertility 15.7 - 28.6 2.2 - 4.0
Low Fertility 2.2 - 15.7 0.3 - 2.2
Very Low / undetectable 0.0 - 2.2 0.0 - 0.3
High Level > 48.5 > 6.8

My levels were: pmol/L - 3.2, ng/mL - 0.3. She is re-doing the test because the results don't fit with the rest of my results. I'm hoping they come back higher. She said if they don't, she recommends we do IVF asap and even with all the meds, we may only get one or two eggs. I'm really upset. I know IVF is not guaranteed, but we were so positive about it. Dp is having second thoughts only because he doesn't want to spend all that money to only end up with one egg that might not even get us a good enough embryo to put back in. We're going to do it anyway though.

I hope everyone else is doing well. I'm going to catch up on posts later today.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#8 of 292 Old 05-30-2012, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

shesaidboom - hug.gif I am sorry to hear you are getting even more bad news! I agree that the test should be rerun, though - PCOS usually causes off-the-charts AMH levels. Mine, for example, was 17 ng/mL. So that is strange that yours would be so low. Do you mind me asking what the basis of your original PCOS diagnosis was? I know there's so many different criteria, and not everyone meets all of them, but with all the other crazy test results you've been finding out about, it does make me wonder how good the initial diagnosis was. Anyway, I am excited for your wedding!! I hope everything goes perfectly for you. Can you repost or PM me the link to your wedding website again? I searched in vain for it for quite awhile last week.

cait & deborah - Good luck with your sextravaganzas. winky.gif

teresa - Following you on the IVF thread, too. Hoping this cycle turns itself around!

everyone else - wave.gif

AFM, reading along from time to time, but not posting a lot. We finally got REAL internet yesterday (instead of just connecting our computers through our phones), and it is exciting! Our desktop is still having some issues, so I'm still stuck with the poorly-positioned laptop. Yesterday was our 2nd anniversary! dh took the day off work, and we spent the whole day together. It was pretty low-key, as moving has entirely destroyed our budget, but it was nice. We even bought a new-to-us couch from one of his coworkers who is moving, which is very exciting, as our current couch (which we got for free from a coworker of mine) is a rather poor excuse for a couch. That was something I really wanted before the baby came - a decent place to sit - so we made it our anniversary present to ourselves. We are probably about 80% settled in our new apartment, and we like it. It has its down sides, but is overall a great improvement from our last place. Love, love, love having more space!

As far as baby, he hit 29 weeks yesterday, and has gotten quite wiggly. Actually, I think part of it is that he's just gotten big enough that I feel his wiggles a lot more. It's crazy to think about. On the one hand, I've feel like I've been pregnant my entire life, and 2.5 more months of pregnancy sounds like forever. On the other hand... 9-13 weeks left doesn't sound like anything at all! Especially because we have almost no baby stuff and haven't set up our birth classes yet. We're waiting on buying stuff until after my shower, which isn't till June 30th, and that makes me nervous, but we really can't afford to buy things that other people are going to buy for us. So I'm just taking deep breaths and trying to focus on getting things organized and making sure I know what I need, so I can fill in any gaps left after the shower. I think I'm finally starting to realize that I'm really getting a baby out of this whole process, and it's a bit terrifying! I hope to see more of you ladies feeling that terror soon!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#9 of 292 Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Shesaidboom- We were only able to grab 2 eggs and got PG with the twins, so even 1-2 eggs have potential in IVF. The loss had nothing to do with egg quality. I just want to reassure you.  I have diminished ovarian reserves too (though I don't know my numbers off the top of my head). Monkey- Thanks! I had a sexy dream about DH for the first time in about 4 months. I say this bodes well because I had lots of sexy dreams about him when I was PG. Lilac- I updated you. Monkey- How exciting! Can't wait to see your LO (but he better stay in there snug as a bug for a while).

#10 of 292 Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
My nephew is here! Arrived into this world safe & healthy this evening. I've got my niece til they make it home so 2 BD sessions will have to be good enough. An air mattress away from home just is not screaming 'make love on me'. I think O has passed anyway. Only 1 noticable patch of CM today and it was gummy. 2ww begins!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#11 of 292 Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats on your nephew toothfairy! My "step great-niece" was born the 14th (the day after Mother's day). I have a complicated family.

#12 of 292 Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 PM

Shesaidboom - I hope the AMH numbers come back better! Even with Polycystic ovaries my AMH always has come back fantastic - but I will take Monkey's word if this is also a "normal" pcos thing (I never knew it was actually!). If not will they allow you to go right to IVF without losing the weight? Like Deborah said, I've heard (and followed on the IVF thread) many women having successful pregnancies by transferring the only 1 or 2 embryos they got. Only 2 weeks!?!? Woohoo!

Monkey - Only 10ish weeks to go?!?! Man I want to be there so badly.

Deborah - Happy BDing!

Cait - Welcome to the 2ww! The only time an air-matress is good for BDing is if you are camping ;) Give your nephew a squishy little baby cuddle and kiss for me!

AFM - I had a play date today with a bunch of lady friends. We haven't all hung out in a group for a month or so. So, everyone was commenting on my best friend's 20wk baby-bump since they hadn't seen her in a while. Then another friend thinks she might be pregnant - she's getting positive tests but isn't convinced??? - The naivety kills me. Her DS is only 9months old too. So then all the other ladies start talking about how many kids they want and when they are planning to do it. Because they can plan it - they know they will be pregnant within a couple months of trying, and believe you me they will be. I feel so isolated sometimes, even with my friends. So disappointed in myself, in the way things are for DH and I. I had crazy clear gummy rubber cement-like cm and I am convinced it is going to turn into EWCM which is indicative of a 2nd surge of estrogen during the LP (which I had last cycle and was obviously not pg). So, I  convinced myself I'm not pg and I am surprisingly ok with it (for now).

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#13 of 292 Old 05-31-2012, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Sila! OMG, I am in horrid pain and totally freaking. Head over to IVF thread to read more.

#14 of 292 Old 05-31-2012, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread deborah.

I was expecting AF on Monday and sure enough on Monday I had some red bleeding, but not that much. Then Tuesday I was back to brown spotting so I realised that Monday was a false alarm! Finally AF arrived with a bang yesterday (Wednesday) which involved me ending up crying and begging for really strong painkillers at the pharmacy because I had left all my Anaprox at home (I had't needed it since last summer!). Luckily DH is a pharmacist and he was able to figure out how I could get some :)

So the good news is that my LP was 11 days instead of 9, I guess the lap really did some good! However my spotting still started at 7dpo and was constant until AF started, and I had really low temps for the entire LP, so my problems are not completely solved. Also since AF was delayed by 2 days, I'm no longer worried that DH's conference will interfere with my IUI since he will already be back by then.

I'm CD2 today. I'm starting Femara tomorrow (CD3) and Puregon (aka Follistim) on Monday (CD6). My first ultrasound is 1 week from today (CD9). I'm very anxious to see how many follies I have with Puregon. I may decide to cancel the cycle if I have 3 or more mature follicles so I'm anxious to see what will happen.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#15 of 292 Old 05-31-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Sourire- Glad to keep the thread. Are they putting you on progesterone support for your IUI and beyond? That should help with your spotting. 

#16 of 292 Old 05-31-2012, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
deborah - Yep I'm going to continue on Crinone like I was doing with the previous 3 IUIs but now I'm trying double the dose since I still had some spotting with the normal dose. Unfortunately Crinone makes me feel terrible so I hope I don't feel twice as bad with the double dose! Oh the things we're willing to do for a baby...

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#17 of 292 Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 PM

Thanks for the welcome in the other thread. Can I get a blurb added? I'm Rochelle, 24, married to Matt 26, ttc #1 since May 2007, lap in 4/2012 revealed stage 2 endo, onto 150mg of Clomid for three rounds before re-evaluating. My chart is here

I have had an unusually rough day. Cancelled two prenatal appts with clients because I just didn't feel up to it. I took a pregnancy test for the first time in more than 6 months and of course, it was negative. I am cramping and have a backache so I'm sure AF is very near. Just kind of tired of it all today. 

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#18 of 292 Old 06-01-2012, 05:13 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi Rochelle - nice to see you here.

Deborah - are you feeling any better? Did you end up calling the RE?

AFM- I am still stalking here every once in a while, but I don't keep up ebnough to post on a regular basis. I am not sure if I even said over here that we are doing another IVF cycle - this time wiht SRAM in Vegas. After my last failed cycle, I was convinced to do donor eggs, but then I talked to SRAM on the phone, and they do things so different, I had to give my own eggs one more try. We are investing a lot in this (emotionally and $).

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#19 of 292 Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 PM

Thanks Sila!!
#20 of 292 Old 06-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Sourire - I'm sorry you got AF. But I'm glad your LP seemed longer/better! That is great! How are you feeling with the Femera and Purgeon? You would cancel because you are afraid of the chance of multiples?

Sourire/Deborah - Sorry about the painful and debilitating AF's. That just doesn't seem normal at all. Holistic and tcm practitioners seem to believe that periods should not be painful and that that is a bad sign. I have no tips since non-painful AF seems like the one things I have going for me.

Rcr - Don't worry about posting here. I lurk you on the IVF thread. Really rooting for you this cycle! It's not easy to invest so much...

Rochelle - I chart stalked you. Sorry about feeling so cruddy and AF. I hope these last few days have been better!

Hello everyone else. I feel like we have all been more quiet.

AFM - I'm halfway there. 7/8dpo (I say closer to 8 since I ovulated just after midnight) progesterone was good. 14. Last month was 12 so I feel good about it being higher. I think I'll do some implantation visualization tonight. I hate how each month I just can't help myself from checking out the new due date groups.

#21 of 292 Old 06-01-2012, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Sila- Sadly, painful periods come with Endo. This just was the worst I've had. The OB is not concerned at the moment, but wants me to keep track of my symptoms. My friend who is a doula thinks it may just be because the loss is so recent that my periods have been so bad. The amount of pain meds i had to take for relief yesterday was ridiculous though. Rochelle- Welcome. I'm sorry you have to join us, but these are some of the most supportive people you will ever "meet". Also, I put your blurb up.

#22 of 292 Old 06-02-2012, 11:09 PM

I hope you're starting to feel better Deborah. I had a pretty bad AF this time too. The AF immediately after my  lap wasn't bad at all, not a single cramp, but this time, I cramped badly for a day before I started and then the next day, was in so much pain that I spent most of my morning throwing up before resorting to some pain pills left over from my lap. It was awful. Onto another round of Clomid 150mg but really, I'm just starting to really feeling like another pregnancy just isn't in the cards for us. We are attending a foster/adopt meeting on June 21st and that may help us make our decision on whether to keep on going or not. 

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#23 of 292 Old 06-03-2012, 06:06 PM

Hello all! I just popped in to chart stalk.  I've got my eye(s) on you, Sila! bigeyes.gif

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Sending fertile vibes!

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#24 of 292 Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunchyk View Post

Hello all! I just popped in to chart stalk.  I've got my eye(s) on you, Sila! bigeyes.gif

Thanks! I'm holding out a few more days until testing. I just want to know so I can give up hope on this cycle if necessary and move on.

#25 of 292 Old 06-03-2012, 07:38 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Sila - thanks. I love it when people are rooting for me.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#26 of 292 Old 06-04-2012, 06:10 AM

So, HSG tomorrow morning, I am feeling anxious about it, not about it hurting but about the whole idea of them filling me up with some liquid in there, it just doesn't seem right and I bet it will be for nothing.

#27 of 292 Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 AM

Good luck smiles! It is a little weird, but I suppose it's the best way to get an accurate result. Even if it shows everything is all clear, it can still clear out any cobwebs in there and you can benefit :)

#28 of 292 Old 06-04-2012, 11:48 AM

Hi!  I'm new here (to this thread, not Mothering).  My husband and I have our first visit to the infertility clinic scheduled for June 14th, and I'm terribly excited and mildly freaked out.  I'm 41, with 2 children from a previous marriage, but we haven't been able to conceive a baby together.    Reading everyone's posts has made me realize that I'm about to learn a new language.  redface.gif

So...I'm 43 and pregnant with #3 - how'd that happen?  

#29 of 292 Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Knocked Up, let me know what you'd like in your blurb and I'll add it. AFM- Still dealing with horrid pain, but can move again. I can't function fully though and pain meds aren't doing what they should be, so I'm going to put a call into my OB again.

#30 of 292 Old 06-04-2012, 12:34 PM

deborah - Lola definitely needs a class like the recall one you're joining. She has terrible recalls even though we continue to work on them. She'll do great without distractions, and will only do them with distractions when we're at the dog park or in the backyard.
Thank you for the reassurance. You're right that it only takes one good egg. I have to keep reminding myself of that.
I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I hope this is very short lived.

Sourire - isn't it crazy how they raised the price so much? The only reason we're able to juggle all these costs is because we had nearly $100,000 in the bank saved up for a down payment on a house (houses in and around Toronto are crazy expensive, so we need at least that much for a down payment). We dipped into that money for everything and are just going to wait a while longer to buy a house since we'll need to replenish it quite a bit. We did most of the wedding stuff ourselves so we cut costs by a lot, but there's not really much way to cut those infertility costs.
I can't wait to follow your cycle. I hope it is a very successful one!

zen - It definitely is a hard financial load, I feel you there. Thank you for the good thoughts. I'm sorry your cycle didn't work out. I really wish it had.

SilaMarila - I'm actually not sure why IVF went up. It isn't covered by our insurance or provincial healthcare (government). Monitoring for all other procedures is covered so I'm really not sure why they don't cover it for IVF.
Only 5 more days until the wedding!
I'm glad you got your website up. I think you will make a wonderful doula! I will pm you for the link if you don't mind sharing.
Thank you! They said that we'd have to do IVF asap, so they may let me try before I finish with the weight loss. I hope so anyway because it is a very slow process.
I'm sorry about the play date. It can be so hard to be around that kind of talk when you're going through what we are. It does feel very isolating, which is why I'm so glad for this place.
I'm thinking of you and am anxiously watching and waiting.

deportivo - I'm so sorry for everything you have had to deal with. How frustrating! I cannot stand when people say thinks like "you can just adopt". Like it's as easy as tying your shoe. People who haven't been where we are really do not understand, not that it's an excuse to behave that way. Gentle hugs to you.

Cait - That's what we were thinking too about the wedding and IF, so we're just going to leave it until we get back from our trip.
Thank you so much for sharing your journey, I learn something every time you post.
Thanks great news about DH being home this week!
Congrats on being an auntie again! I hope the rest of your 2ww goes by quickly!

Gemmine - thank you!

Smiles - thank you, I hope so too!
Good luck with the HSG. I've actually heard of many women getting their BFP after their HSG, so you never know. Like Sila said, it can be good to clean out those cobwebs!

lilac - that's great that there were at least some sperm in there! Hopefully the supplements will work. Having hope is definitely a positive thing.
Unfortunately the meds really do cost a lot. For mine all the meds for IVF are about $4500-$5500 per cycle, which is a bit lower than what is estimated on that site.

SimplyRochelle - I can relate to that feeling. It can be so hard to connect and feel left behind when you're still struggling for #1 and your friends are onto #3. I hope that we are able to offer you support and what you need here. This is a great group of ladies!

monkey - that's exactly why my RE is running it again. She said my results don't make sense when compared with my other test results, so it's possible it's a lab error. My original PCOS diagnosis was made due to the amount of cysts on my ovaries and the symptoms I was experiencing. However, my RE also mentioned that in my last cycle my follicles were borderline PCOS/not (there needs to be a certain number for a PCOS diagnosis), so she thought maybe a wrong diagnosis may have been made. Thanks for the good thoughts for the wedding! The website is capesandcrowe.blogspot.com. I haven't updated much yet, but will be posting pictures and things once it's over.
Happy anniversary! It sounds like you had a very nice, quiet day together. I can't believe your babe is 29 weeks already!

rcr - wishing you good thoughts on your IVF journey.

knockedupbuttercup - welcome to the thread. I hope we're able to support your through your journey.

AFM - nothing new going on here. Just waiting for those test results to see if my numbers were lab error or true. The wedding is in 5 days (I cannot believe it!) and I am so excited, but nervous about it. I am also disappointed because for so long dp and I were sure that we would be pregnant by the wedding so we unintentially set this deadline for ourselves, and well, we're not pregnant of course so that hurts a lot. I had to go to the hospital today to attach my holter monitor (a test my cardiologist is running just because I haven't had one in years) and when I came out there were all three couples taking phone pictures of their brand new babies in their carseats for the first time. It hurt so much. I'm trying to not focus on that part and just enjoy the wedding anyway. When we get back from our trip (we're leaving on the 16th), we'll have a fresh start with our treatments.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page