July 2012 Infertility One Thread -- Let the Fireworks Ignite! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 195 Old 07-17-2012, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

SKJ: No problemo. LOL. :-) Glad all my obsessive reading and researching and my own trials and tribulations could help someone else out. 

Cindy

Milk8shake likes this.

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#122 of 195 Old 07-17-2012, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

I think I got everyone updated! 

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#123 of 195 Old 07-18-2012, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Sheesh, I really need to learn not to get sooooo behind!  *Deep breaths*  By the way, when did we get little "like" buttons on posts?  Is that new, or have I just not noticed it?!

SKJ2011: This is what I like to hear.  So pleased you have a helpful doctor!  I'm glad you didn't listen to other RE, right?  I'll be hoping for you.  Optimism is good

SimplyRochelle: Hahahahhaha.  You made me laugh Rochelle.  I hope you get your free(ish) baby this month, and I hope you have a refreshing and quick (sex free?!) TWW! 

shesaidboom: Oh the full bladder sh*t is the WORST.  I swear to Dog.  Every single pregnancy they tell me to have a full bladder for the scan, and I'm like really?  Because I know you are only going to end up doing an internal one anyway.  Then they insist that I MUST have a full bladder.  So I hold, and bust until I'm on the verge of tears (as if the ultrasound itself isn't stressful enough), and then they take me in and say: "empty your bladder, we need to do an internal scan".  Faaaarrrrrkkkkk!

Also, your blurb - !!!  I didn't realise we had so much in common, in terms of losses.  (What a sucky thing to share).  Sometimes I feel like I am the only person on the planet to have had 5 losses, and not have any living children.  I recently came across a lady on an Aussie message board who is about 28 weeks with a healthy babe after five losses, and it just made me feel so, I dunno... Not alone?  

Vegan Princess: I agree, Cindy you are a bit of a know-it-all... winky.gif

Monkey: Thanks for mentioning TAN.  I was already aware of them, I remember Molly (is that your friend?) from the loss boards.  I think she was around there when it was started, if I'm not mistaken.  On the whole, I'm not sure if that is the avenue that I want to go down though.  Doulas are almost unheard of here; I think a lot of the NP/UC stuff here is very underground, maybe that is why.  For example, I only know of one person who has had a homebirth.  Anyway, I appreciate you mentioning it!  

Sourire:  BBQ from hell, right?  I can't believe you lasted as long as you did.  That's a champion effort.  Did you end up going to your MILs? 

Deborah, thanks for posting those studies.  It looks as though they are only open to US participants, but it still interesting to know whats out there.  

SimplyRochelle, rcr, Tear78: Thanks guys!  I can't help but be a little bit giddy about the whole thing.  Rings... Ah yes....

I'm a little bit in love with this one, from Canturi.  Mind you, pretty sure it's like a 40k ring, so not gonna happen.  In truth, it's probably a bit bling for my look.  

This is a bit more like me, although maybe still a bit bling?  I designed this one, using an online ring builder... I really love the emerald cut.  

However, I never thought I would say it, but I'm having a real ethical dilemma over actually having a diamond.  I'm considering either

a) a different stone (maybe sapphire)  or b) fake diamond/diamond simulant/moissanite

The flip side of these two ideas is that they are both a hellavu lot cheaper, and although an E-ring is not something I want to "cheap out" on, I can't see the sense in spending a fortune.  I'd rather put it towards the honeymoon, for example...

What do you guys think - am I a crazy cheapskate?   

AFM:   Oh yeah, you thought that last bit was my AFM?  Nope!  Hahaha... I have more. 

Good news:  DP's sperm DNA fragmentation results were basically perfect.  He rated high, and very high, I think.  (Bastard!)

Bad news:  Still no progress on the domain name.  I thought I had found the perfect name, (tiny wings) but Google informs me that this is game app about a silly looking bird.  Darn it.  

News I haven't made my mind up about:  Friends of ours are pregnant.  They have an 18 month old, and their first pregnancy was really, really hard on me.  It was during probably my lowest point.  I knew they were trying again, and knew it was going to be hard on me when I found out that they were pregnant again.  I have been watching her like a hawk every time she refuses an alcoholic drink, for example.  I've been working myself up into a bit of a state just thinking about the possibility.  Then, on the weekend, out of the blue, she tells me she had a miscarriage in January (a chemical).  I had no idea, and neither did DP, and he is really close with her DH.  I asked her why she didn't tell me and she said it felt wrong because we have been through so much more.  Well, didn't I just feel like the worlds largest bitch?  Then she confessed that she was a week late, but was too scared to test.  She was meant to test today if she hadn't had AF, and I haven't heard, but I mean really?  Of course she is pregnant.  

I want to be happy, but it's so hard knowing that they will have two babies before I even have the chance to have one.  And it's not just her.  There are a number of women in my life (and even from the loss boards) who are now onto healthy baby number two, but here I still am.  (PS: Tear, if you are stalking/reading - I do not mean you.  I'm thrilled for you).  

Oh crap, there's more:  I thought that doing OPKs was supposed to be easier than that charting crap, so I'm giving it a go.  Got a + opk on Saturday night, fine.  Problem is, they are still super positive, and today is Wednesday.  What is going on?!?!!?

PS: I was going to update my blurb, and then realised that I don't have one... Rochelle, would you mind?  

Milk8shake (28) & DP (29)  TTC #1 since 04/09.  Battling endometriosis, a unicornuate uterus and unexplained RPL.  Five little ones, gone but not forgotten.  

Hoping for a lucky 2013 baby, with the help of some serious medical intervention.  

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#124 of 195 Old 07-18-2012, 08:52 AM

I need to vent - So, I have a friend who's been TTC #2 along with me. She's older and got into see an RE back when I had my miscarriage. Her AMH was really low and he said that he wouldn't even do IVF on her. They did 1 round of clomid/IUI and that was it. I've been sharing my journey with her worrying about what comes next for her.

I just got an email from her telling me that the clomid + IUI did work and she's now 4 months pregnant. I feel so betrayed.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#125 of 195 Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Hello I'm new,

I've read through much of the thread, but I know I'm going to need to ask questions later about acronyms (is there a glossary?)

I'm 33, DH is 37. Initially tried for older child special need adoption. The process was taking a long time so we started trying biologically in October 2011. Diagnosed anovulatory in April 2012, tests, tests, test, given borderline PCOS diagnosis May 2012. Started Metphormine June 2012. Started first round of Clomid 100 mg July 2012. 

I'm currently on Day 28 of my cycle. Was getting really hopeful about possible pregnancy since there is no sign of AF, and 29 days is typically the longest my cycle has ever been and I've had extremely regular cycles for over 10 years. Just learning that Clomid can extend cycles and it's possible - maybe even common - to have to have a period induced on the first cycle of Clomid. 

Reading through all of these stories I realize this is so much less than most of you have been through. I'm so frustrated that my doctor didn't tell me that my cycle might be screwed up because of Clomid. That a late period may not be good news. 

I thought I had gotten to a point where it was fairly simple the Clomid would either make me ovulate, or it wouldn't. If it didn't make me ovulate it would be the same as every other month and I'd get AF, and if it did and I didn't conceive then it would be the same as any other month and I'd get AF... but now I'm learning that a missing AF may not be a strong indication of a BFP at all. I'm frustrated that this information is so hard to find. 

Thank you for sharing your journeys, they are giving me lots of perspective. 

#126 of 195 Old 07-18-2012, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

shesaidboom - sorry you have to go to that downtown clinic every day! What a pain in the butt! So strange that you needed to have a full bladder for your u/s... the rule at my clinic is empty bladder for ultrasounds, full bladder for IUI's. They actually force you to go to the bathroom right before the ultrasound to make sure your bladder is empty. Does these people know what they're doing??? What dose of Gonal-F are you supposed to take, and on what days? I'm so excited to have an injectables buddy! Any specific reason why they switched you from Puregon to Gonal-F? My doctor actually wanted to switch me to Gonal-F this cycle but I decided to continue Puregon cause I still had some left in my fridge.

SKJ - your new doctor sounds much better! Wow that is crazy that your friend kept you in the dark about her pregnancy for so long meanwhile you've been sharing so much about what you're going through. That seems pretty mean! Or maybe she thought she was being nice by not rubbing her pregnancy in your face? On the other hand, it's pretty encouraging to hear that Clomid + IUI worked for her, don't you think?

Milk - the like buttons have been there for a while ;) Yes I did end up going to my MIL's... but I didn't last very long there either. What a weekend! I love the idea of different stones on rings, it makes your ring unique! My engagement and wedding bands have alternating diamonds and rubies. I love them. Pretty crazy about your OPK's, that's one heck of a long LH surge! It's never happened to me so I can't help much, but I've heard other ladies around here mention such things.

AFM - I am full on Crinone-Crazy. It's official. One minute I feel fine, the next I am shocked at the words that just came out of my mouth (usually something super b*tchy that I didn't even mean), and the next minute I'm on the verge of tears. And there's also the fact that I haven't been able to walk in a straight line since Sunday (I feel super drunk haha), I keep walking into table corners and such... I'm covered in bruises. My brain function has also slowed down to a crawl... I'm incapable of multi-tasking, I keep making stupid mistakes in my work, I'm not thinking straight, I forget everything. Oh Crinone how I hate thee!!!!!! Only 3 more doses of this medication from hell left, I'm testing on Sunday... how am I going to survive 3 days???? I put up a sign at my desk that says "Gone Crazy, Back Soon"... hehe.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#127 of 195 Old 07-18-2012, 01:30 PM

SKJ2011 - on CD three they do an external as well as internal ultrasound.
I had the same situation happen to me, except my follicle actually "shrank". Then the day after that it seemed like it grew so much. They also said difference in techs can explain it, as Vegan Princess explained too.
I'm so sorry about the situation with your friend. hug2.gif I understand waiting until 12 weeks to share the news with most people, but to not say something to you wasn't fair since you have been sharing this journey together.

Milk8shake - I totally understand the feeling. I never want anyone else to have to have experienced the same thing, but being alone is never nice. I'm so glad that lady is getting her baby, and I hope that we both do too.
Also, WOW that ring is gorgeous! I don't think you're a crazy cheapskate at all. We did not spend much on our engagement ring (it was well under $1000). It just wasn't the most important thing to us, but I still LOVE my ring.
Hurray for the good news!
Having pregnant friends can really mess with ours head. Although it's happy, it's so confusing and hard. What you said about friends moving on to #2 or #3 while we're sill here, I can relate to that so much.

EDIT: oops, posted at the same time as you guys..

BeagleSmuggler - welcome to the thread. I hope we're able to give you support and a kind shoulder when you need it. It really is a hard and frustrating process. Even though Clomid can mess with AF, I am still hoping the longer cycle is a good sign for you.

I also noticed you're from Toronto too!

Sourire - That's really interesting to hear! For us it's full bladder on CD3 because they do an external and internal ultrasound. They do the external first and then we have to empty our bladders for the internal. For IUI we don't have that full bladder rule. DO you know why they require that? Now I'm interested to see how it is everywhere else. Anyone want to weigh in? I'm on 50 units of Gonal F. I'm going back in on Friday for monitoring, so I do the 50 units each day until then. I switched to Gonal F because I had a lot of side effects on Puregon, even on such a low dose. My RE said that if I do end up having to do IVF, we could choose whichever meds had the least side effects since I'll be on such a high dose.
I hate the hormone craziness from progesterone! I had no idea Crinone was so bad though. At least it's only 3 more days. I love the desk sign! hehe.

AFM, I'm having a rough day today. One of my closest friends went into the hospital for bad abdominal pain last night. She found out this morning she's actually pregnant. She's really upset because she is religious about taking her birth control and she does not ever want children. She loves kids, but not for herself. She's not going to keep it, which is the right thing for her since she doesn't want kids. It's just so upsetting though. We have to work SO HARD to even have a chance at getting pregnant and it happened so easily for her while actively preventing. She said she wished she could take it out of her and put it into me, but obviously it doesn't work that way. It's times like this where I really just want to stamp my feet and whine about how unfair it all is.

I did my first Gonal F shot last night, 50 units. Nothing really to report. I go back in on Friday for cycle monitoring. I guess they aren't monitoring me as closely this time because I've already done the one cycle on injectibles.

As for my results from yesterday it showed that I have 3 follicles on one side and 8 on the other. My RE says that someone with PCOS would have WAY more, so I'm thinking I was misdiagnosed. Frustrating since we should have been looking at other causes all along.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#128 of 195 Old 07-18-2012, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Milk, of course I'm lurking! hide.gif I have so much love for you guys and want to see you all get your take home babies! And thanks for saying that, because I want to support the hell out of you but I don't want to cause any pain. blowkiss.gif That ring is gorgeous!!! You made a beautiful design. I wouldn't feel like a cheapskate not getting a diamond, though. They catch on stuff anyway. DH and I never got an engagement ring, and my wedding band has a little diamond set in it (like a mm across) as a symbol. We did that partly because it was more "us" and partly because we wanted to save money for other things. I love my wedding ring and don't miss a big diamond. OK...back to lurking, and thanks for sharing! Rochelle, thanks for your good thoughts, too! love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#129 of 195 Old 07-19-2012, 07:28 AM

Milk - LOVE both of those! My wedding ring is alternating sapphires and diamonds. I really like more creative wedding/engagement rings that use other gem stones. I can't wait to hear what you decide on and the details of the proposal!

I totally hear you on the friend's pregnancy thing (obviously - check my last post). There is nothing else in life that feels like IF. It's just near impossible to not feel sad when others have it so easy. hug2.gif I truly hope you will have amazing news to share with them soon. Thinking of you.

Beagle - Welcome! I'm on my first round of clomid, so I'm not much help for answer your questions. Hopefully one of the other ladies can weigh in.

Sourire - Thanks for your understanding. You are right, it is encouraging that it worked for her. I just wish I could have been in the loop this whole time instead of feeling foolish for thinking we were still in the same boat. I had therapy last night and it was tremendously helpful.

I'm sorry you are in crazy land. I just started to get the clomid mood swings and I'm starting crinone after O, so at least you have company smile.gif I hope this is the last time you need to use the Crinone and you'll get a BFP this month!!! Fingers crazy crossed for Sunday.

SSB - Thanks. Seriously, there are too many of us dealing with other people's situations right now! SSB, I think you have it the worst. That is such a hard situation. At the very least, it sounds like she's being sensitive to your feelings. It doesn't make it hurt any less though. Big hugs to you. hug.gif

And, I'm frustrated for you about the possible misdiagnosis. WTH! Why are doctors such morons?

AFM - Yay! I had an amazing ultrasound tech this morning. She told me the size of all my follies. One is 22, another is 15 and there are a bunch of smaller ones in the 9 - 12 range. So, I'm thinking that they'll have me trigger tonight and IUI on Saturday. The tech gave me a printout of the u/s of my big follie in case this is the cycle. orngbiggrin.gif Thank goodness there are nice people occasionally.

Hi to everyone else.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#130 of 195 Old 07-19-2012, 08:18 AM

Thanks for the welcome!

SheSaidBoom - Awesome name! And great to see another Torontonian! I can relate to your friend-frustration. 

SKJ2011 - Well maybe we'll figure this thing out together. 

General question: I need to start learning some of these acronyms. What does RE stand for?

#131 of 195 Old 07-19-2012, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Welcome BeagleSmuggler, RE stands for reproductive endocrinologist.

shesaidboom - what a sad thing to think of with your friend pregnant, but not wanting to be, and the rest of wanting to be pregnant but not yet had that happen.

AFM, scheduled the next sperm freeze for Friday Aug. 3.  At $206 dollars a pop to freeze a sample, and I just found out my insurance denied that even though we have infertility coverage, I sure hope DH has more than 5 little wigglers in his next sample.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#132 of 195 Old 07-19-2012, 11:22 AM

lilac - Fingers crossed for August 3rd! That's my pregnancy test date for this cycle. I really hope we both have a great day. WTH is up with insurance!?!? so frustrating.

AFM - Triggering tonight. My estrogen looked "great" and I have 2-3 follicles ready to go. IUI on Saturday and then the praying begins until I have my test on August 3rd.

#133 of 195 Old 07-19-2012, 12:42 PM

SKJ2011 - It's all of us really. It seems we're all updating about these awful situations we're getting in. It makes my heart ache so much for all of you. I'm glad that we can all share with each other and get that understanding because wow, is it ever hard. My friend has been really sensitive about it because she knows how hard it has been for me and DH (she's good friends with him too). I'm trying to be there for her because I know this is really hard for her too, but it has been hard to hold it together. At least we can cry together about how much we wish it was the other way around.
As for the misdiagnosis, I think that happens a lot with things like PCOS. They saw the cysts and some hormone issues and slapped the label on. I had the same thing happen in the past with IBS (I don't have IBS, but I had stomach problems and they couldn't figure out what it was so they called it IBS). Hopefully it'll be looked after properly now. We'll see what the RE says on the 25th.
I'm so glad your ultrasound tech was great! That's awesome that you got a print out! I wish they would do that for me. I should ask. I really hope this IS the cycle for you! Crossing my fingers.

BeagleSmuggler - Thank you! I'm sorry you can relate because I wish you didn't have to go through it, but at least there is this place where people really get it. Thanks for understanding.
I'm pretty sure someone once put together a list of all the acronyms. Does anyone remember? I'm pretty sure I was linked there when I first joined.

lilacvioletiris - it really is a hard situation. I wish that it was so easy for all of us who are dying to be pregnant.
Can you try talking to the insurance company again? We've had that happen in the past and after a couple tries finally got what we needed covered. Crossing my fingers for a good sample from DH!

AFM, I get these killer cramps for a few hours after injecting the Gonal F. Has anyone else who has been on it experienced that? It's only been two days now so maybe a coincidence? I'll see what happens tonight! Otherwise, I feel much better than on the Puregon.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#134 of 195 Old 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM

SKJ - Yikes about your friend!  I think I would feel a bit betrayed by it too.  In other news, Yay for awesome ultrasounds, good estrogen and triggers!  Come on baby... Also, what a great tech you had - that's so thoughtful!  

Hi BeagleSmuggler!  Welcome.  It won't take you long to learn the acronyms, sadly!  orngbiggrin.gif  Sorry to hear about your screwy clomid cycle.  Have you tested already?  I've learned that it's best not to "compare" journeys because everyone's pain is relative to their circumstances... Also, do you have any beagles?  I love dogs!  

Sourire - You are such a trooper!  Well done for making it to the MILs.  Your ring sounds lovely, btw.  Interesting about the Crinone crazy.  I hope that doesn't happen to me... I don't remember being (more) crazy on progesterone.  I totally think you should put that sign on your desk though!  I am also covered in bruises, due to the aspirin.  I bruise kinda easily anyway, so this just makes it worse.  Pretty sure some people think the wrong thing when they see me with bruises everywhere!  It's even worse on Clexane.  Sheeesh.  

Can't wait til Sunday!

SSB - What the absolute &#@$?  Are you, or are you not, the strongest person ever?!  I have no frickin clue how you are holding it together long enough to type right now.  That is not a rough day, that is like the world's worst day.  I could not cope with that.  I understand that you love your friend, but holy moly!  One of my close friends had a termination like 5 or 6 years ago after "brief encounter" where the contraception failed.  It was long before we were thinking about kids, but I still sometimes feel angry at her, even now.  I can't even begin to comment on your PCOS situation because it's all too much to take in.  Please accept this award for being the world's best friend.  flowersforyou.gif

Tear - Thanks for lurking love.gif

Lilac - hoping for big numbers for your freezer August 3 seems like a good day all round! 

AFM:  Aforementioned friend is not pregnant.  Am I a bad friend for being happy about that?  Also - OPKs are STILL positive.  We're talking seven days people.  DP and I are exhausted from the sexathon.  We can barely look at each other! lol.gif   I'm CD 22 today, so I'm starting to think that I haven't/aren't going to O.    Somehow I would say that this is not our cycle.  

Maybe I will be back on the charting wagon after all.  

#135 of 195 Old 07-19-2012, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Milk8shake, have you had any EWCM with your positive OPKs? I did the OPKs once, but I found them more annoying because it wasn't clear if "positive" was positive.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#136 of 195 Old 07-20-2012, 06:21 AM

Yeah. Milk- The brand I used this month was awful and I ended up changing my chart up based on EWCM (I did no temping and don't ever want to temp again).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#137 of 195 Old 07-20-2012, 06:21 AM

Yeah. Milk- The brand I used this month was awful and I ended up changing my chart up based on EWCM (I did no temping and don't ever want to temp again).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#138 of 195 Old 07-20-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post Also - OPKs are STILL positive.  We're talking seven days people.  DP and I are exhausted from the sexathon.  We can barely look at each other! lol.gif   I'm CD 22 today, so I'm starting to think that I haven't/aren't going to O.    Somehow I would say that this is not our cycle.  

Maybe I will be back on the charting wagon after all.  

Milk - Sorry to "barge in", but I just stalk on here now and then and I saw your AFM about 7 days of positive OPK's.  That just seems really weird that it could last that long... would there be any chance you could actually have a BFP?  OPKs can also be positive if you are pregnant too?  Just a wishful thought.   praying.gif  

Okay, back to lurking....  hide.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#139 of 195 Old 07-20-2012, 01:17 PM

milk8shake - haha, thanks. I'm really not though. When I wasn't with her I was losing my shit. I am really hurt and upset, but I know she is too. I'm seeing her again tonight, which I know will be hard.
You're not a bad friend for being happy. I would feel the exact same way. I hope that the OPKs are just messed up, like others mentioned, and this is your cycle after all. I mean, all that sex must help!

AFM, I am feeling very discouraged. I just got my results from monitoring this morning and NOTHING has changed from three days ago. Here are my results:

July 17th (CD 3)

estrogen: 130

LH 4

progesterone 5

right side: 3 follicles, left side: 8 follicles

all follicles under 1 cm

July 20th (CD 6)

estrogen: 131

LH 4

progesterone 5

right side: 3 follicles, left side: 8 follicles

all follicles under 1 cm

my lining is .5

My RE gave me the same instructions as CD 3 - 50 units of Gonal-F and return on Monday for more monitoring. Should she not have upped my dose since nothing is happening? I know it can take follies a while to grow and maybe I'm just off since all my monitoring (except on Puregon) had me coming back at CD 10 instead of CD 6. On my Puregon cycle my estrogen changed a lot between days 3 and 6, but it also started at 73 and went to 127. I also had a follicle at 1.4 and one at 1.0 by then. What do you guys think?

#140 of 195 Old 07-20-2012, 03:00 PM

Day EIGHT of positive OPKs today - yes, I know what you're thinking - of course I've taken HPT (-) as well.  I live to pee on things, apparently.  

#141 of 195 Old 07-20-2012, 07:03 PM

MIlk - have you checked out peeonastick.com? She has some info on OPKs that might be helpful. Here's what she has to say:

4. What if my OPK is positive for several days in a row? It is possible, in a normal ovulation, to have a positive OPK for several days in a row. This is because LH peaks (surges) about 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, and then dissipates. So, you could theoretically detect this high level of LH with positive OPK's from the time it begins to the time it dissipates-- over 36 hours.

It is also possible that your body is "gearing up" to ovulate, and you have an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg . . . then tries, tries again ASAP with another, or overlapping, surge. If you see a positive OPK for longer than 3 consecutive days, your egg is probably just having a little trouble getting out of the starting gate. If this happens to you occasionally, it's no big deal. If it happens a lot, talk to your doctor. (I just play one on the Internet orngtongue.gif)

6. What if my OPK is positive almost all the time? The most common cause of constant positive or almost-positive OPK's is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS.) This disorder is usually characterized by elevated LH (hence the positive OPK's), and is common in women with very long and/or anovulatory cycles.

Don't self-diagnose, though! If you're worried (or just plain obsessed with your pee-sticks wink1.gif call your doct-- okay, okay, you know the drill wink1.gif

SSB - Sorry things are confusing. That does seem strange that the RE would keep you on the same dose, but I really don't know much. I'm hoping that things will get moving soon.

AFM - Quick question for those of you doing fertility yoga, specifically Restoring Fertility. Do you do the ovulatory phase practice on the day of IUI or do you skip that day? I dont' want to screw anything up and I'm not sure.

#142 of 195 Old 07-21-2012, 09:33 AM

Ooh. I need to look into Fertility Yoga. Acupuncture went a lot better this week, so I'll stick with this same guy for a while. I'm calling the RE on Monday to get an idea of what a cycle might look like and possibly scheduling an appointment for when we get home from vacation. We leave in 10 days!

#143 of 195 Old 07-21-2012, 09:33 AM

Ooh. I need to look into Fertility Yoga. Acupuncture went a lot better this week, so I'll stick with this same guy for a while. I'm calling the RE on Monday to get an idea of what a cycle might look like and possibly scheduling an appointment for when we get home from vacation. We leave in 10 days!

#144 of 195 Old 07-21-2012, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been reading everyday but fresh out of educated advice :-/

Another of my real life IF Support group friends emailed yestersay her first IUI worked. I'm happy for the success of someone struggling obviously but for real, wheres my baby. There are 2 of us left now, guess it is easier to plan get togethers now!

Theres so much going on here I wouldn't even know where to start. Sending my support anyhow!

Gotta wake up DH from his afternoon siesta to go explore Kansas City!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#145 of 195 Old 07-22-2012, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Beagle - Welcome! Glad to see another Canadian around! Are you charting your cycles? You might find it helpful to chart your cycles while on Clomid to find out if you are ovulating, and when. There is so much less uncertainty when you have that info, and it will also help your doctor determine whether your dose of Clomid needs to be increased or not.

shesaidboom - wow that is so tough to have a friend going through that. Just being able to remain friends with that person must take an incredible amount of strength. Life is so unfair! Luckily I didn't mind the Puregon side effects too much... I was pretty tired, nauseated and had some headaches, but it didn't bother me too much... maybe because I'm used to Crinone which totally ruins my life so everything else seems mild in comparison :P I'm glad the Gonal-F is working out better for you. You know CD6 is pretty early to have follicles above 10. Since they didn't give you any measurements between CD3 and CD6, maybe they are growing anyways? Like maybe on CD3 they were all 3mm and CD 6 they could have been 8-9mm... if that is the case it would make sense that the Dr kept you on the same dose. I've never had an ultrasound that early so I don't really know...

SKJ - from what I've heard, most people don't have side effects as bad as I do with Crinone. I hope it's easier for you. Hope your IUI went well! I was doing that Yoga DVD for a while but I kind of lost my motivation... I don't think there's any harm to doing it the day of the IUI.

Milk - I am also glad your friend is not pregnant! You're not a bad friend at all... we need to keep our sanity after all! Pretty crazy about the positive OPK's... do you have a link to your chart that the rest of us could stalk for the fun of it?

toothfairy - oh man that feeling of being left behind in a TTC group is the worst. That is why I left the One Thread last summer.... it's even worse to get left behind in a group of infertiles! I confess that a few weeks back I was reflecting on the number of ladies who have graduated from this group versus the number who still remained from when I first joined and I found it extremely depressing... when will it be our turn????

AFM - BFN on a FRER this morning. Sucks. At least I get to stop the Crinone now! I won't be taking any meds next cycle because I'm traveling so I can't do an IUI. After my break cycle I'm doing one more IUI then it's on to IVF!!! My fertility clinic just posted an amazing announcement on their website: they have no more wait list for IVF! So I will definitely do an IVF before the end of this year. That cheers me up!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#146 of 195 Old 07-22-2012, 10:56 AM

Wow, go away for vacation and you sure do miss a lot around here:)

There is no way to fully catch up but I will try...

Sila: I am so sorry that last month turned out the way it did. I hope taking some time off meds helps you regain your center.

Shesaidboom: This may seem outdated but I just had to respond to your post about the adoption comments. It is so unbelievable and I am sorry that you had to endure that. Adoption is not an easy option for a lot of reasons and I don't know why some people see it that way.  That is crazy about your friend, I hope you can find a way to balance being there both for her and for yourself.

Milk: Congratulations on all your exciting engagement news! Its nice to have other positive things to be thankful for and to focus on because infertility sure can consume you. I have no idea what all those +opks could mean but I hope its a sign of something good!

SKJ: I was so glad to read a happy post from you about your CD3 bw...it's funny how one piece of news can make us feel some hope! I Od early on clomid as well, my lining was super thin though so that was not a good thing for me. Its a good thing you monitored. Fingers crossed first round works for you! I cannot believe your friend. I have had a really difficult year with one of my best friends as well. I had been TTC to just shy of a year when she got pregnant, she did not tell me right away and in fact had conversations as if she was still TTC as well. When she finally did tell me I was shocked as she had waited so long and apparently my response was lacking some enthusiasm. I was happy for them of course but very hurt as well. I hope that you and your friend can find a way to discuss what is going on and move forward because I am just beginning to build bridges with my friend and it is hard to say the least.

Rochelle: Yay for good RE appointments!

Sourie: That sounds like a bbq nightmare...good job on making it 2 hours, I may have just walked out. I am really sorry about your bfn, I love how you are looking on the bright side. I have been doing a lot of meditating/inner searching lately and am trying to do the same whenever I get down. Even if it sometimes feels false or artificial just thinking positive thoughts instead of negative ones can actually help. 

Jeez, it's hard to catch up on what everyone is going through when you have been away, hi to everyone I missed!

AFM: I am back from a really, really wonderful trip. We spent lots of time at the beach, swimming etc. I am not doing any meds this month because of the timing of my trip so I have little hope for a bfp. We did bd a good amount while we were away and I should have o'd at some point but I did not bring opks with me and I don't temp so I don't really know, which is actually a nice break. Since I had little hope for this cycle I decided to start running again. I stopped because I read somewhere to limit vigorous activity but obviously that has not helped. So, anyway I have been trying to go running here and there plus I have kicked my yoga practice back up. It is the first time in a long time that I am making my body work the way I want it to with the focus not being on my fertility and it really feels great. I have felt so let down by myself throughout this journey and it is nice to be reminded that although some things may not be going the way I want them to my body is not a total let down, I can still go out and run for miles and do headstands:) Trying to stay positive and grateful this month!

#147 of 195 Old 07-22-2012, 03:01 PM

Had a friend stop by yesterday to kick me in the guts.... Ooops I mean, announce that she is pregnant.

#148 of 195 Old 07-22-2012, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Ouch milkshake. That's always a cupcake kind of day for me. hug2.gif

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#149 of 195 Old 07-23-2012, 01:20 AM

Hahah Rochelle - if only I wasn't trying to lose weight!  

I honestly don't think I handled it very well actually.  

She was like "oh, I'm twelve weeks now, so it's safe".  You and I both know that's not the case, hey?  I really, really wanted to point that out to here, but I restrained myself.  

OPKs are finally negative - WTF, right?  I took a HPT this morning (can you say obsessed?).  I guess I will just randomly take them, seeing as I don't know if or when I O'ed.  

Great news about your IVF Sourire!  That's really positive.  Something to look forward to.  

No, I don't have a chart at the moment, I've just been tracking on my phone.  However - I ordered a proper BBT from eBay, and more O sticks (because I used them all!).  So, next cycle I will be all charted up fo' sure.  

Bucket - glad you had a lovely trip - welcome back.  Can't wait til I can run for miles!  

Cait & Deborah - thinking of you both! 

SKJ - Thanks for the info.  I'm a nerd, and had already stalked that site, but thanks for thinking of me! 

AFM: I got a bit of a promotion... winky.gif

#150 of 195 Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 AM

Milk- That sucks. I am trying to lose weight too but still have a cupcake here and there. I did that last year and lost 13 lbs. within almost exactly a year. AFM- All my Endo Sisters on here- I highly approve of Lysteda! I went from a very heavy, clotty period to almost non-existent period in a day and a half. My usual one-week period looks like it will be more like 4 days. Do not take Period Ease or anything with Dang Gui- It is a powerful phyto-estrogen which means the body assimilates it like Estrogen and Endo goes feeding. I will be making my acupuncturist aware of this. I tried the Period Ease before going to the Lysteda and it was worse than usual. In other news, calling the clinic this afternoon sometime. I will probably call between lunch with the hubby and picking up my glasses. Tomorrow it will be only a week until we leave for Nova Scotia! I need to start thinking about packing.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page