July 2012 Infertility One Thread -- Let the Fireworks Ignite! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 195 Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Toothfairy - sounds like the doc has some ideas to get things working!! Come on baby! Sorry about the weight gain not happening. I wish we could trade places. Have you tried eating whole sticks of butter winky.gif But seriously, how frustrating. I hope your next weigh-ins shows an improvement.

SSB - fingers crossed for you my dear!!!

Rochelle - How's the TWW treating you?

lilac - come on free baby!

planegreen hug2.gif I'm so sorry this cycle is a no go. So frustrating! I hope your appointment tomorrow gives you some answers. Glad your DH will be there for questions and support.

AFM - I"m 9 DPO. I'm thinking of not testing and just waiting for the beta phone call. I am usually so anxious to test, but this month I want test day to stay away so I can be PUPO for a while longer. It's a weird feeling for me. My beta is on Friday and then I have a wedding on Saturday. I've sworn off alcohol b/c it's supposed to be bad for diminished reserves. And, I've read that what you do today shows up in your eggs in 3 months. So, if I get a BFN, I"m not sure how I"m going to avoid drowning my sorrows. Ugh. I'm trying not to think that far ahead. I'm just living for today.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 195 Old 07-30-2012, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sourire- I thought the same thing, I think my difference is, my progesterone isn't low, it was 16.9 on my bloodwork so theres no reason to thibk my progesterone would be too low to support pregnancy. If I get a positive test I'll ask to supplemnt anyway just for comfort but other meds I'm on prevent m/c so I'm trying not to worry. I hope your trip goes well & you enjoy your niece. It is hard at first (atleast was for me) but I try to remind myself it isn't the babys fault...

Planegreen- that stinks! Sorry this month isnt going as planned greensad.gif

Lila- fingers crossed for a free baby!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#183 of 195 Old 07-30-2012, 08:16 PM

Please update my blurb to say: Returning to the RE on 8/16.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#184 of 195 Old 08-02-2012, 07:12 AM

Hi ladies. This thread seems to be stuck in the mud wink1.gif

I hope everyone is doing well.

Sila - I chart stalked you. Congrats on O-ing on your own! That's huge! I hope you get a free baby and the money issues will be moot.

Sourire - I hope you have a great trip and the time with your niece is ok.

Toothfairy - When are you testing?

Everyone else - wave.gif

AFM - Beta is tomorrow at 730. Have not tested yet. I will just be waiting for the call. At this point, it could go either way...

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#185 of 195 Old 08-02-2012, 11:51 AM

SKJ- Is it that time already?! I'm so hoping for a BFP announcement from you.

Sila- been missing you girl, hope you're busy getting a free baby & catching up on sun & sleep.

Afm- did my last blood check today, hopefully I'll hear from my doc soon with the findings... I'm totally thrown being on progesterone again. No spotting or real cravings like pms but my boobs are on fire... i feel like every month I wonder if this is normal or do they hurt more than before... I still dom't know how to compare, but they hurt like crazy. Testing Saturday, my big BBQ is Saturday night so I need to know if I'll be drinking sangria or lemonade...
deborahbgkelly likes this.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#186 of 195 Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Cait - thanks!
I hope the new protocol helps!

lilacvioletiris - I hope getting those DTDs in in your fertile window help and you do get that free baby!

planegreen - isn't the drive frustrating? It makes it so much worse. Of course once I stopped monitoring they opened the next day. Argh.

I'm sorry you can't do anything this month. I've never heard of follicles being left over. I hope your doc can give you some answers.

Sourire - I'm glad you've heard of it because I was starting to think nobody had! I'm glad she is on top of this as our old RE was definitely NOT. The only reason I was able to do the injection was I was thinking that I'm going to have to do so many more with IVF and I just went for it. Thanks, I hope so too!
Where out west are you going? I've always wanted to go to Western Canada, but haven't had the chance yet. I hope you have a great time! I'm also glad you had a good time with the kids. Sometimes that is just too hard to do.

skj - thank you!
Living for today sounds like a good idea. Hopefully that beta will give you a BFP though!

AFM - not much going on, just getting some serious cramping from the progesterone. Also some serious emotions. I read a blog post this morning about gardening and CRIED. Ugh. This 2ww will not go by quickly enough. My 2nd IUI was on Monday and it is already Friday, so that's a good sign. I wrote down my values for both IUI days..

CD 15 - IUI #1

estrogen 442.1

LH 60

progesterone 5.6

lead follicle at 2.1 cm

lining 0.9

CD 16 - IUI #2

estrogen 317

LH 20

progesterone 7

lead follicle still at 2.1 cm

DH and I DTD two days later and are going to go again tonight just in case that follicle popped late. It should have popped between CD 15 and CD 16, right? Anyone want to analyze my results? Oh, and I reached a new milestone. Every doctor in the clinic (there are 7 of them) has now seen my vagina! Oh, boy, infertility you really do suck.

Also, Happy August!! Is anyone going to start up an August thread? I don't mind being thread keeper again. I know things around here have been pretty slow lately. I remember a few months back when I'd miss one day and have to catch up on three pages!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#187 of 195 Old 08-03-2012, 10:25 AM

Progesterone went from 30 on day 7 down to 13 on day 9 to 10 on day 11... Sounds like not only do I have late luteal phase defect but I'm likely also not pregnant... I hate this day... Even on suppositories my progesterone is sub par... At acupuncture anyway, can't cancel now, got the call on my way in. guess I'll be drinking sangria tomorrow after all.

#188 of 195 Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 AM

BFN mecry.gif

#189 of 195 Old 08-03-2012, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Frickity frick.  Sangria all around, I think.  Sorry ladies.  grouphug.gif

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20******28***32***3 6***40
#190 of 195 Old 08-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Cait - I'm so sorry. This isn't fair. Can we swear in here? Because I really, really want to.

SKJ - why can't we catch a break? I'm so sorry.

Milk8shake - I agree, Sangria all around.

AFM, I got some terrible news this morning. I had an appointment at the ahrrythmia clinic (my cardiologist sent me just to see how things are going...keep an eye on the irregular heart beat and such) and I got the results from a stress test I did last month. I'm not sure if any of you know anything about ejection fraction is, but it's basically the level of of blood that your left ventrical pumps out. Normal is above 55%. Last time I was tested (4 years ago) I was at 59%. This stress test showed that I'm at 45%, which he said was bad. It's not heart failure bad, but it's bad. He's sending me for an "emergency" MRI, meaning they're squeezing me in within the next couple weeks instead of having me wait months. I asked about pregnancy and he said that I'd have to be monitored by a cardiologist and I'd be labelled "high risk" (bye bye birth center birth), but as long as I am diligent there won't necessarily be complications (not to the baby, but to me). I asked about IVF and he said "let's wait until the MRI results". I explained that if we are doing IVF we'd be starting in two weeks. He said we have to wait. No choice. I am praying I am pregnant now. I can deal with a hospital birth, I can deal with being monitored, and I can be diligent. I'd just have to rest more. I feel like we've been made to jump through all these hoops and here is another huge one. I feel so defeated. We can never catch a break. I know we are so lucky, but why can't this just be easy? I've been having to pee at least once an hour. Maybe that's a good sign? It's probably early for that. Or progesterone related. I'm sad and scared.

I think I'm going to start up an August thread since nobody is on that yet. Is that ok?

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#191 of 195 Old 08-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Hugs SKJ and Shesaidboom. I'm not up for writing much as I'm on vacation, but wanted to pop in and send hugs and well wishes to everyone.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#192 of 195 Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Toothfairy2b and skj, hugs for you. 

shesaidboom, I hope they doctors can figure out what is happening with your heart. 

This is a crosspost from the IVF thread:

I got good news from the fertility center.  Again there were 5 motile and 3 nonmotile which made me question if they had the correct results since it was exactly the same as the last time.  Well I got a good explanation and also learned that this number is not the total that were frozen.  The explanation is simply that a sample was taken from the full volume of sperm that DH supplied so hopefully in each of the 4 vials frozen today, there are 5 motile sperm in each vial.  There were 5 vials frozen the last time so now there are a total of 9 vials frozen.  I thought that the 8 sperm were the total number in the vials but that wasn't the case at all.  Fertility treatment requires so much thinking and today was inspiration that good things might happen.  We need to go do another freeze in 2 weeks. Then the fertility center will  decide if we need to do another freeze or not.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#193 of 195 Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 PM

Skj - picture my swear words here as well... I'm so sorry greensad.gif if you're anywhere near massachusetts, consider yourself invited to a sangria induced stupor, aka my annual summer bbq. Hugs my friend.

Shesaidboom- sounds scary & at a terrible time, i'm so sorry greensad.gif is it possible its not what they think? Any reason for decreased function?

Milk- if you were closer you could for sure join me for sangria... Though i wish we were all drinking lemonade instead.

I'll keep praying for us all... Someones gotta give us a break soon.

Shesaidboom - thanks for taking august. I used to love being threadkeeper but now tht I function mainly through ipad it isn't compAtible.

#194 of 195 Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 PM

Toothfairy - grrr! I'm so sorry. This is just so unfair. I do think I remember reading that progesterone suppositories will likely not show up in b/w. So, maybe the suppositories are working? Anyways, it sucks to hear the results likely mean this isn't your month. Have a drink for me tomorrow, will ya?

SSB - Oh hun, I"m so sorry! Why is this so hard?!?! I hope you are indeed pg and none of the heart issues will impact your IVF b/c it won't be necessary.

Lilac - Yay! That's great news!

AFM - Thanks ladies. There was a silver lining, you could say. The only times I've been pg is when I've O'ed on my left side. My left ovary is the "small, lazy" one. I usually O from my right side. So, I've been wondering/worrying that my right tube has issues. I brought this up with the first RE and he blew me off saying that I likely just feel "referred pain" and that I can't know which side I O on. Of course he has no idea what it feels like to O! Anyways, I remember the u/s tech telling me with my DD that I O'ed from the left b/c the corpus luteum cyst was on my left ovary. I assume the same was true of the m/c.

I had a saline u/s 2 months ago with the first RE and I saw the saline bubbling through both tubes, but I brought up my concern about my right tube with the new RE today and he wants to repeat the saline u/s to rule out anything being wrong with the right side. It felt so good to be listened too. I know that there is likely nothing wrong, but I will feel better when he can tell me that. So, minor silver lining.

I've been less emotional today than I thought I'd be. I've learned that I prefer to think I"m pg during the tww rather than stressing myself out with tests. It sucked to hear the news, but I only had to hear it once, instead of taking a bunch of HPT's that are negative and wondering if it's "just too early". So, at least I learned that from this cycle.

#195 of 195 Old 08-04-2012, 05:50 AM

Thank you all for the sweet comments. The reason the doctor wanted to perform the MRI was because my previous output was measured from an MRI and he says he trusts it more than a stress test. It is possible the stress test was wrong or it was on a 'bad day', which is what I'm desperately hoping for. I'm not sure why it would have dropped. Maybe all the medication?

deborah - I hope you are enjoying your vacay! Thanks for dropping in.

lilacvioletiris - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well!

Cait - I agree! Someone has to have a BFP soon. It has been WAY too long. I think I'm going to run around screaming for joy for whoever gets it! It would be best if it were all of us though.

SKJ - I am so glad the dr is listening to you. You know your body better than anyone else, after all. I'm glad you're feeling better. I think I'm following your lead this cycle and not testing.

THE AUGUST THREAD IS UP! 

Tags
Infertility

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page