Clomid, longer cycles - medical evidence? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-19-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

First let me recognize that I'm at the beginning of this journey and I know most of you have been through so much more with fertility treatments than I have yet to encounter. 

I had this complete point of despair last night. I'm further into my cycle than is usual for me, with no sign of AF. So, I was beginning to hope that this meant we had conceived. Then I started discovering all sorts of information on a variety of fertility forums that women on Clomid often have their cycles delayed by 4 to 7 days, some need to have their periods induced. 

So, I'm waiting more days to see if AF comes, and I'm preparing myself for a BFN to be a very real possibility, even though I'm late (which I was hoping meant pregnant). 

Here's the thing that's bothering me. I can find a huge volume of information from women on almost every single fertility forum about Clomid delaying or creating missed periods.... but I can't find that verified on any medical, pharmaceutical, or scholarly site. Does anyone have any sources on this information? I'm a bit of a research junkie and I imagine that most of you on here have likely done much more research on fertility treatments than I have yet managed to secure.

Thanks, 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If anyone reads this later, I took the HPT at Day 32 of cycle. Got BfP! (well it's positive anyways, although one line is fairly faint, but the test - Clear Blue - says that is still a positive.)

Planning to take another test to see if the line is darker on Day 34, also heading to the doctor same day and will ask for blood test. 

Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Congrats Beagle! That is wonderful!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List