Clomid questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/15950b

I'm going to start my 1st round of clomid today. I've read so much conflicting advice on when to start OPKs (and how often to take them), and when to take Mucinex. What are the general guidelines?

Last month it seems I actually managed to O on my own on CD18. In the past, I've O'd anywhere from CD12-20 when I did manage to O. So then when should I take the OPK?

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#2 of 4 Old 07-25-2012, 05:51 AM

I took clomid on CD 3 - CD 7. I was told to start OPKs on CD10. I ended up switching docs and the second doc had me do monitoring with ovidrel shot. I did the trigger on CD 10. I hadn't gotten a +OPK on CD9 or CD10.

Not sure if any of this helps smile.gif

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#3 of 4 Old 07-25-2012, 10:20 AM

I am currently in the midst of my 4th clomid cycle-started at 50mg and am now taking 150mg.  I have done some reading regarding when to start mucinex or cough syrup and most of what i have read recommends starting it the day after your last dose of clomid.  If you take cough syrup the recommendation is to use regular cough syrup (not one with initials after the name like DM)  Another item that can help is preseed lubricant.  It is the only recommended lubricant for TTC and it mimics the ewcm in order to help the sperm travel.

I know for myself my ovulation date is usually around CD 19 however the clomid can also change your cycle (for example my regular 34 day cycle suddenly became a 30 day cycle this month so now I am wondering if I missed my ovulation somehow) so I find it safest to start testing between CD 10 and 12.  I typically test twice a day with the first test anytime after 10 am and then again in the evening...I have learned that sometimes my LH surge is short so if I only tested once a day I might miss detecting it.   Unfortunately some of it is trial and error...I would definitely recommend the digital OPK as it gives you a smiley face if the lh surge which triggers ovulation has been detected.  The strips are often harder to read. 

Most importantly good luck in this journey.  Sending much love, baby dust, and sticky vibes your way!

#4 of 4 Old 07-25-2012, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I have heard that you should start OPK's a few days after you stop Clomid because it can give you a false positive, around 3 days after.  CD10 sounds good to me.  I agree with Brookelyn about testing twice a day.  It seems to work well if you don't use FMU, but wake up, go to the bathroom and then test 4 hours later.  I also use the digital because they are easier to read.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page