Miscarriage and DTD again???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2012, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

One of my friends just recently had a m/c and her OBGYN told her not to dtd until after her levels got to 0.  I was trying to rack my brains and remember if this was the same case for me after we had our m/c after our first IVF, but I'm drawing a blank right now.  I was thinking that we were told to prevent (aka: use protection) until I had like 2-3 AF's and then we were able to try again, but I don't remember my OB telling me not to dtd at all.  What about you?  Was this the same for you all?????  TIA!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Generally, it's best to avoid until the bleeding has finished, and the cervix has closed.  This is just to prevent or reduce the risk of infection.

In my experience, doctors tend to recommend using contraception for 3 cycles after a loss, but it really is a personal choice, especially if it was a natural miscarriage.  After a D&C, it might be advisable to wait, just in case the lining has been taken too thin during the procedure.

The emotional side of it is important too, and falling pregnant straight after a loss is quite stressful (it happened to me).  

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Old 07-28-2012, 06:03 PM

I was told to wait 6 weeks after I delivered my boys to DTD and 2 cycles until trying again.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 07-28-2012, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!!  I should have noted that it was an early m/c at somewhere between 10-12 weeks, or somewhere around there I think. 

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 07-29-2012, 06:22 PM

I had a 9 week loss that resulted in a D&C at 14 weeks.  We were told we could try again whenever we were comfortable. 

Me - 31, DH - 35, DD#1  11, DD#2  6     MC  2/11    MC  1/12 DS#1 3/14
Old 07-29-2012, 07:06 PM

After my last 12 week M/C that required a D&C, the OB said we could DTD as soon as I stopped bleeding and we may get pregnant again anytime.

That was just my experience.  Ask your provider!!!

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List