What are your thoughts on limiting activities during the 2ww? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I will be doing IVF next month. I'm being told to lighten my activity level now to walking and yoga type things and that I shouldn't do anything after egg retrieval and through the 2 week wait. At that point I should not lift anything over six pounds, should not push a shopping cart, etc.

I think I'll ask in the IVF thread as well but really shouldn't this be for everyone or no one? Are they just being overly cautious because it's IVF or does it actually aid implantation to be sedentary?

So regardless of your ttc methods - do you "take it easy" during the 2ww?

mama to three little ladies
#2 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I think they are overly cautious because you are doing IVF.  When they hyperstimulate the ovaries they get much bigger and they can move around twisting the tubes, it's called ovarian torsion.  It happens rarely, but it is serious.  They probably don't want you doing anything that is jarring to the body so your ovaries are safe.  I am doing injectables this cycle but not IVF, and they told me not to run or jog or do a lot of twisting in yoga.  I imagine there are other concerns in regards to IVF that require even less activity.  I'm sure the other women who have gone through it on here can share some info.  Good luck to you!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was on bedrest for 3 days, but prior to that I was told to limit my activity due to the risk of torsion. Once I had my transfer, I couldn't do more than walk around the block. However, I had eggs they couldn't collect so I was at higher risk for a torsion.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#4 of 4 Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It seems to vary clinic to clinic.  My first clinic put me on bed rest, said not to swim and various other things for tww, my second clinic gave no instuctions for tww!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page