Question about Crinone Gel - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-18-2012, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm taking Crinone after my IUI. I started it on Thursday and inserted it around 530pm. Since then, I've read I should use it in the am. Is there a way to switch the time I take it? I don't want to go too long without a dose or two doses too close together. Should I just continue on at the same time (530)? Or, can a take it a little earlier each day to get closer to the am?

TIA!

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#2 of 3 Old 08-19-2012, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I think it would be fine to take a dose in the evening one day and take it again the next morning. My doctor has me taking Crinone twice a day this cycle so I think it's ok to have 2 doses less than 24 hours apart. From what I read Crinone releases into your body very gradually (it takes about 3 days for it to fully release) so you don't have to worry about having a super huge spike in progesterone if you have 2 doses closer together.

I've had cycles where I took Crinone in the evening and others where I took Crinone in the morning. I find that when I take it in the morning there is less buildup inside me so now I prefer the morning.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#3 of 3 Old 08-19-2012, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awesome. Thanks. I've been moving up the time by a 1/2 hour every day. I'm totally neurotic. smile.gif I guess I can probably do an hour change every day if I want to switch the time gradually. Thanks for the info about how it's released slowly. That's good to know.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page