Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Infertility (http://www.mothering.com/forum/179-infertility/)
-   -   What was your hcg level after a successful frozen embryo transfer? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/179-infertility/1362205-what-your-hcg-level-after-successful-frozen-embryo-transfer.html)

DaisyMae08 09-02-2012 10:54 AM

I had my beta today, 9 days following an embryo transfer of one very good quality day 6 embryo. My HCG level is 26. They like to see a level of 50, but the nurse said that sometimes levels are lower with the frozen embryos. I have to repeat the test on Wednesday. Anyone have a good outcome after a frozen transfer with levels that were on the lower side?

blueyezz4 09-03-2012 05:30 PM

I don't have any experience myself but I'm crossing my fingers for you and your 2nd beta!!!!!  Feel free to come to the IVF thread and post your question.  There might be some ladies over there that can relate. Your little embryo might have just implanted a little later and is just getting caught up.  Sending lots of positive vibes your way....goodvibes.gif

DaisyMae08 09-04-2012 05:21 PM

Thanks. I will know more after my second beta tomorrow, I guess. If I'm still in limbo then, maybe I will post on the IVF thread.

BellyBean 09-04-2012 05:53 PM

With my successful FET, my beta was just a tiny bit higher than my successful fresh transfer and I had twins with the FET!  So I think FET betas are lower than fresh.  Even with my first 2 u/s the girls were both measuring 2&3  days behind, so I think implantation just took longer with the FET.  Good Luck!!!!!! 

DaisyMae08 09-05-2012 06:09 AM

Thanks Bellybean.  It was also a day 6 embryo, so I'm kind of wondering if there is less time for hcg to be produced since the beta followed so soon after the transfer.  I will know more in a few hours.  It makes me feel a little bit better when I think about my son who was a day 3 embryo and a fresh transfer and my number was low with him (38 or 39, I think).  Maybe I just have slow starters.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's the case.

DaisyMae08 09-05-2012 11:11 AM

Well, the level dropped to 4.5 so that's that.

blueyezz4 09-05-2012 07:24 PM

Crap!! Sorry to hear that!! hug2.gif  I had my fingers crossed and was praying it would work out.  Hopefully you will have better success next time!!  Do you have more frozen to transfer next?

DaisyMae08 09-06-2012 04:29 AM

We do.  We have four more frozen.  We didn't get to do a fresh cycle because things got delayed with the array cgh testing they were doing on the embryos.  We had five that were frozen and tested "normal."  We've only used one of those so far.  So we do have more chances.  It stinks to be delayed.  I know we're going to have to take a month off.