What was your hcg level after a successful frozen embryo transfer? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-02-2012, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my beta today, 9 days following an embryo transfer of one very good quality day 6 embryo. My HCG level is 26. They like to see a level of 50, but the nurse said that sometimes levels are lower with the frozen embryos. I have to repeat the test on Wednesday. Anyone have a good outcome after a frozen transfer with levels that were on the lower side?
#2 of 8 Old 09-03-2012, 05:30 PM

I don't have any experience myself but I'm crossing my fingers for you and your 2nd beta!!!!!  Feel free to come to the IVF thread and post your question.  There might be some ladies over there that can relate. Your little embryo might have just implanted a little later and is just getting caught up.  Sending lots of positive vibes your way....goodvibes.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#3 of 8 Old 09-04-2012, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I will know more after my second beta tomorrow, I guess. If I'm still in limbo then, maybe I will post on the IVF thread.
#4 of 8 Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 PM

With my successful FET, my beta was just a tiny bit higher than my successful fresh transfer and I had twins with the FET!  So I think FET betas are lower than fresh.  Even with my first 2 u/s the girls were both measuring 2&3  days behind, so I think implantation just took longer with the FET.  Good Luck!!!!!! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#5 of 8 Old 09-05-2012, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Bellybean.  It was also a day 6 embryo, so I'm kind of wondering if there is less time for hcg to be produced since the beta followed so soon after the transfer.  I will know more in a few hours.  It makes me feel a little bit better when I think about my son who was a day 3 embryo and a fresh transfer and my number was low with him (38 or 39, I think).  Maybe I just have slow starters.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's the case.

#6 of 8 Old 09-05-2012, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Well, the level dropped to 4.5 so that's that.

#7 of 8 Old 09-05-2012, 07:24 PM

Crap!! Sorry to hear that!! hug2.gif  I had my fingers crossed and was praying it would work out.  Hopefully you will have better success next time!!  Do you have more frozen to transfer next?

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#8 of 8 Old 09-06-2012, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

We do.  We have four more frozen.  We didn't get to do a fresh cycle because things got delayed with the array cgh testing they were doing on the embryos.  We had five that were frozen and tested "normal."  We've only used one of those so far.  So we do have more chances.  It stinks to be delayed.  I know we're going to have to take a month off.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page