September 2012 Infertility One Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 189 Old 09-12-2012, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Milk - omg what a crazy story. Do you still trust you RE. wow. Your head must be spinning And also: I'M SO EXCITED THAT YOU'RE STILL PREGNANT!!!!!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#62 of 189 Old 09-12-2012, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Milk- i cannot even imagine how you feel right now... I am relieved there is indeed a baby still growing strong but horrified at the thought it was almost taken away from you without your knowledge. I'll keep praying for your little bean to grow strong and hang n there, and for you to get some peace of mind soon. Is it your RE that misdiagnosed the miscarriage? Are you going to tell him/continue being monitored by him? I know he is the one who gave you so much hope and prescribed the right meds to keep baby growing so I'm sure you are torn. I'm thinking of you love.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#63 of 189 Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Milk - I am so sorry that you have been put through this, as if you haven't already been through enough.  But you didn't take the miso(whateveritwasdrug), and you are still pregnant with a heartbeat and that is wonderful news.

Sourire - Hi!  I am ok, I guess, I made an apt to go back and see the doctor - for no real reason besides that I am having trouble accepting my new reality.  Yeah for the normal LP!!!!

#64 of 189 Old 09-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Hi Milk.. I am stalking from all the way back at BSL and saw the ticker on another post. I am thinking super positive thoughts for you. I am sorry for this rollercoaster, with RE included, and hope this is the one. hugs.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#65 of 189 Old 09-12-2012, 07:14 PM

Milk - You poor thing. What the hell?!?! I'm so, so happy that you didn't take the drug and that there was an u/s requirement. I'm so sorry you are dealing with the emotional roller coaster. This is just so unfair for you. You deserve a happy ending.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#66 of 189 Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 PM

Gosh, Milk!  I can understand how completely torn you must be today!  I'm so sorry!  But yay too for the baby!  Sending you more sticky vibes for that baby to grow and defy that doc! Man! 

Me - 31, DH - 35, DD#1 redface.gif 11, DD#2 innocent.gif 5    TTC since 9/10    MC angel1.gif 2/11    MC angel1.gif 1/12

* * * * * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * * * 30 * * * 34 * * * * heartbeat.gif 40 EDD 3/10/14

#67 of 189 Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKJ2011 View Post

Milk - You poor thing. What the hell?!?! I'm so, so happy that you didn't take the drug and that there was an u/s requirement. I'm so sorry you are dealing with the emotional roller coaster. This is just so unfair for you. You deserve a happy ending.

This, exactly.  I couldn't have said it better.

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#68 of 189 Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 PM

Milk8Shake...   I saw another story about a supposed blighted ovum being a viable pregnancy a few years ago. Your story reminded me of that. I remember that the baby was born perfectly healthy. Toes crossed that you have the same results!!!

deborahbgkelly likes this.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#69 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
milk, I'm speechless. I don't blame you for being totally confused and thrown for a loop. I'm glad your little bean is growing, and I'm hoping hoping that the heartbeat will get faster and stronger. Wow. Please let us know how you're doing when you've had time to process. Grow, little one, grow!!! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#70 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Milk - Agh!  What insanity!  I'm so glad you didn't move forward with the meds, and that they were able to find your little bean.  I'm keeping you in my t&p that the heartbeat continues to get stronger and this is your take home baby!

Back to stalking....

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#71 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 06:05 AM

Milk, just as your saw your happy news, you checked in with the bleeding and I was waiting on congratulations because, well, I have been there and the not-knowing is awful and what to say? What can be said? And now, seriously, after all THAT, what really is to be said? Wish I could say I can't believe your RE made such a whopper of a misdiagnosis, but I totally can. Some doctors are overconfident about certain benchmarks and that's it for them. Still, I am dumbstruck at it all and so very happy for you that there is a tiny beating heart in there! Why do you say 108 bpm is a bit low? Just checked out my notes for you but my first HB counts are from 7w and it changes so much week to week at that stage. From what I know though that is a beautiful HB. I know there are no guarantees, so I'm probably not helping. Trying to game the system for you because I want so much for this to be it for you. Holding you and the little bean in my thoughts...

Everyone else - I miss you guys, read along, hold my breath, think tons of good thoughts, pray. Toothfairy, Sourire, Sila - oh my girls. Stevi, sorry you are here but happy you are with this incredible group of gals. I know it is hard to hear from the other side (it was for me) but I want you to know not a day goes by...

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#72 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

BFN this morning on a FRER. My clinic doesn't do betas unless you get a BFP at home. I will update more later today after my appointment with the RE. One thing is for sure though: I'm done with IUIs!!!!

#73 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 07:06 AM

Sourire - Sorry about the BFN greensad.gif But yay for moving onto IVF. I'm so, so, so excited for you!!!!!!!!

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#74 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 07:25 AM

Milk - I'm not going to repeat what everyone already said, so just hang in there. Wow. Stay strong little bean.

Sourire - Crap. I was really hoping for a miracle for you this time.

Sourire and Cait - If I had continued treatment and gone ahead with the injectable cycles (and they failed) I would be on to IVF too... but I didn't and I'm not...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#75 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 AM

Just popping in from lurking

Milk: I'm really rooting for you. Although my situation is and was nowhere near yours I had the same diagnosis early in my pregnancy. Blighted ovum! Then I got deathly ill, did a repeat ultrasound, but transvaginal this time, and here I am 26w 4d pregnant. So praying really really heard that this is your miracle rainbow baby.

Still praying really hard for all of you much deserving ladies on hear.

Forever stalking!

#76 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM

Milk, I'll be praying for you mama!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#77 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 PM

Milk - I'm thinking of you and sending lots of light and love. 

Cait - Hi, friend! 

Sila - Still chart stalking in hopes that you get a fantastic surprise!

Hello to all! 

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#78 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 03:54 PM

Milk - I can't even imagine all the different emotions you're feeling, but I'm pulling for you!!  Fingers crossed this is it for you. 

Sourire - I'm so sorry about your BFN I was really hoping the extra day without spotting was a sign.  You're on to IVF now, right??  I wish you all the best.

TF2B, Sila, Shesaidboom and everyone else...I know I've graduated, but I still stalk you guys!  This thread is due some good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#79 of 189 Old 09-13-2012, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Sourire- Eff the BFN... I was so hoping the lack of spotting was more than just good crinone results. Onward & upward. Do ou cycle this round with IVF or do ou need a BCP month?

Hi Wissa! You're due next, right... Eeeee!!
Hi gozal! Miss you lady, hope those twins are treatin you good!
Hi krunchy smile.gif

Sila- i'm still undecided, i haven done IUI since march, just Femara & timed intercourse... its actually a process to get to an RE again, i would ahve to switch PCP (my current PCP is t he NaPro doc & he doesn't refer for ART), have a physical, get a referral, make a consult, do my day 3 testing all over... The process of giving up omy ody and starting over at the RE again scares me, i hope it works on its own first... Hoping for some camping luck for you... C'mon baby sila!

AFM- ovulating now... We've actually bd tonigh & the 4 days prior so timingis the best its been since surgery. Turns out ll my ovulation pain is on the left (3 months in a row, WTF?!?! Stupid left ovary!) and the rest of my cycle sucked (herbs reaction, minimal cm, poor sleep) so i'm not banking on anything. Hello 2ww my devilish friend, not looking forward to starting my prometrium, boo!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#80 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

SKJ - it could be you just scratched your cervix with the Crinone applicator and that is where the blood came from. I'm a big fan of playing doctor too, we know our bodies best right? So glad to hear you have plenty of insurance money left for IVF.

toothfairy - it's really great to hear that there is a way to do IVF that would work for you. It seems like lots of endo ladies get pregnant soon after the lap, but if it doesn't happen IVF is probably the fastest route to success. So glad you finally got some good timing though. I'm really hoping you can get a miracle BFP in the time it takes to get set up with an RE again.

AFM - so my doctor officially gave us the go ahead to do IVF. It turns out there is still a short waiting list for IVF treatment at my clinic (in spite of the announcement on their website a few weeks ago that said there is no more wait list). So they are supposed to give me a call in about 6 weeks or so (end of Oct) to start on my next CD1 (around early Nov). However starting means you're in the cycle before your IVF cycle, and you have some meds to take in preparation for IVF. So it looks like my actual IVF cycle will be in December. It's a bit far but I'm really glad I get a couple of cycles with no meds, I'm looking forward to the break and hoping my body can get back to normal in that time.

They already gave me my protocol and all my prescriptions, the list of meds is crazy long and it's only up to the retrieval, I get another list afterwards!!! I'll be doing a short (antagonist) protocol with Puregon (aka Follistim) and Menopur for stimulation and the antagonist is Orgalutran. I also have to take Estrace for the last week of my prior cycle, I'm not sure why. They didn't mention BCPs though so I guess I don't have to take those.

#81 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Cait - I totally understand. It would almost be like starting over in a sense. But I also understand the 6-9 month window after the endo surgery too. I wish it was easier. Good luck with your decision.  Praying the super good timing this cycle yields super a super good result and you can just skip the decision :) 

Sourire - Woohoo! December isn't that far lady! The first cycle is a "mock" IFV cycle right? To see how you respond and if anything needs to be changed for your actual cycle? How exciting to have the protocol already! I guess you'll be joining the IVF thread and learning more over there.

AFM - I got a BFP last night (11dpo, probably my 300th pee). I'm scared shitless.

Xerxella, deborahbgkelly and jukim like this.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#82 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 07:01 AM

Sila - I had to read your post 3 times to fully take in what you were saying at the end.  My heart lept with excitement for you.  Praying this is a sticky little bean, so so very happy for you - and understand the scared part!!!

#83 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 07:21 AM

Sila - joy.gif OMG!!!!!! This is so, so exciting. You got a free BFP! May it become a free take home baby for you. Sending you lots of sticky take home baby vibes. Try to take it one minute at a time.
deborahbgkelly likes this.

#84 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

SILA!!!!!! Wow!!! This is so exciting! Time for some dancing vegetables!banana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

I'm not sure if I'm having a mock IVF cycle. I think I'm going straight into the real thing. They already know that I respond well to Puregon based on my 3 IUI cycles with that med, so I think that helps give them a good idea.

I'll probably join the IVF thread when I have a better idea of the timing of my cycle (aka when the clinic calls to tell me its my turn). But I could never leave you ladies. We have been through so much together!

#85 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 07:26 AM

SilaMarila...   Fantabulous!!! I hope this baby gives you years and years of love and laughter!!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#86 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 10:09 AM

Sorry I've been so quiet lately. I've been catching up on everyone's news.

Milk - WTF? I'm glad things ended up working out okay, but what a mess! Any updates? I'm glad there is a little bean in there.

Sila - WOW! Congrats :)

Sourire - I'm so sorry about the BFN and the IVF wait.

Everyone else - I'm thinking of all of you and hoping for good news. We need some more!

AFM - Not much going on here. I'm 9-ish DPO right now on a natural cycle. I'm praying that all the OPKs and BD-ing we did works, but if not we are on to IVF next month. I was iffy on it because we have not been able to move the MRI. In fact, the dr who booked it won't even call me back and I've left about 10 messages now. I spoke to my GP about it and she agreed that we should just go ahead and who cares about the MRI. If I'm pregnant or we're still going through our cycle (probably) by our MRI date I'll just move it. I'm going away for the weekend, so I'll catch up again on Monday. I am glad to get away from my test strips since I know I'll be tempted to start testing tomorrow even though it's early.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#87 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Sila, I'm so very, very happy for you. Congratulations! 

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#88 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 AM

Sila!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congratulations!  

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#89 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 AM

Shesaidboom - How frustrating. Personally I would move forward with the cycle. Have a good trip! (I was a bad example testing early)

Sourire - True about the Purgeon, I forgot about that. I look forward to following your journey.

AFM - One moment at a time, one day at a time I suppose. My ave LP is 14 so AF would be due Sunday. Trying to remain calm. I haven't retested but plan to tomorrow (13dpo). I expect the line to be darker tomorrow if is my hcg is doubling. I expect implantation only occurred 1-2days before I tested. I appreciate all of your thoughts. Prayers appreciated too. I'm having a fair amount of bloating/stretching feelings/crampiness. I want it to be "normal", not AF.

#90 of 189 Old 09-14-2012, 12:52 PM

Those bloaty feelings are a good thing. I needed my yoga pants by 5 weeks.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page