September 2012 Infertility One Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 189 Old 09-29-2012, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Do you know what's horrible?  Being a teacher and having to deal with announcement after announcement at the end of September/October because all the ladies at work had a great summer.  :(  I'm trying really hard to smile big, hug hard, and then go hide.  Sigh.  4th announcement was yesterday.  When will it be our turn?  I'm dreading the showers.

#182 of 189 Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 AM

Lindz - I'm a teacher too and I totally relate to that feeling. It seems all the young teachers in my school and that I went to Teachers College with are pregnant. It is so hard to deal with. I really hope it'll be your turn next.
I'm glad your thyroid levels are looking good. That's a good start!

Cait - it was scary. I do not deal with allergies well, but I'm glad things aren't going to get pushed back too far.
I'm glad you got all your referrals! Hopefully you'll be ready to go.

planegreen - me too! I do not want to wait anymore.
I never noticed that about this thread, but now that I think about it, you're absolutely right.
I'm sorry Femara is giving you such bad headaches. How much longer are you on it?

bucketofrain - you're right, things don't ever go as planned. I keep feeling like all these obstacles are being thrown in our way and it can never just be easy (like infertility is easy at all!), but I am so glad this cycle is not a waste and that I don't have to be itchy and swollen all month.
I hope you get a nice BFP at the end of your 2ww. I'm crossing my fingers fro you!

Sila - It's good to hear from you. I'm sorry calling in has been so hard. I understand though. I hope your RE is understanding and can get you that blood work done. It would be a good idea. Much love to you.

AFM - just waiting for a breakthrough bleed or for Tuesday. I call in on Tuesday if it doesn't happen and we take it from there. I'm nervous they're going to tell me that without the breakthrough bleed we'll have to wait longer. I'm so tired of waiting!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#183 of 189 Old 09-29-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post

Do you know what's horrible?  Being a teacher and having to deal with announcement after announcement at the end of September/October because all the ladies at work had a great summer.  :(  I'm trying really hard to smile big, hug hard, and then go hide.  Sigh.  4th announcement was yesterday.  When will it be our turn?  I'm dreading the showers.

Lindz - I understand how you feel. Last year four teachers and my favorite sub had babies within months of each other. If one of my pregnancies had been successful, I would have had a child born along with the rest. My school community is very tightly knit and it was very difficult to continually hear everyone's excitement while I was hiding my own grief. So far, this school year, we have had another baby born and two pregnancy announcements. I got through the showers last year by having a back-up plan with my husband. He had his phone on standby, so if I sent him a text, he would call and make up an excuse about why I was needed at home. I didn't need to text him, but it was nice to have that option.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#184 of 189 Old 09-29-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilaMarila View Post

Just popping in. Nothing very exciting going on for me. Actually, I have stopped bleeding (now I probably jinxed it)! So that is exciting...

Just wanted to say I love you all.

I really wanted to call me RE. I need to call my RE. I need to see if I can get insurance to cover some RPL blood work and talk my RE into it. I need to know what I need to do next time I get a bfp. But I have been almost paralyzed in doing so. I haven't called. I'm normally so proactive. Ugh. Now it's Friday night and I'll probably have to wait until next week to get to a nurse. I think part of me is scared I'll have to convince them I was pregnant. I really was.

Sila - I am so very sorry you are going through this... it truly does suck. I know that it is a difficult thing to remember when you are grieving, but you WERE pregnant and you don't need to convince your RE that you were. You took multiple tests and saw the lines getting darker. That is all you will need to tell them and they will believe you. Take good care of yourself and try not to let doubts get in the way of what you know.

deborahbgkelly likes this.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#185 of 189 Old 09-30-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleToes View Post

Sila - I am so very sorry you are going through this... it truly does suck. I know that it is a difficult thing to remember when you are grieving, but you WERE pregnant and you don't need to convince your RE that you were. You took multiple tests and saw the lines getting darker. That is all you will need to tell them and they will believe you. Take good care of yourself and try not to let doubts get in the way of what you know.

Thank you. You're right. I think I will be ready to call tomorrow.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#186 of 189 Old 09-30-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi all, I've been MIA for a bit since not much is going on with me TTC-wise!

Would someone like to start the October thread?

Sila - I'm so so sorry things didn't work out for you. hug2.gif I really hope your RE can figure out what is causing all your miscarriages. It's so unfair that it takes you so long to get pregnant and when you finally do you lose it.

Milk - I'm glad things are still going ok. If your body tells you it needs sleep, then you should sleep as much as you want! Keep us posted on your next scan.

TenzinsMama - Thanks for the support. I do remember you from the One thread and your message really made my day. It's nice to know that some of the people who have gotten their BFP's haven't forgotten those of us who are still trying. Sometimes I just feel like everyone is moving on with their lives and leaving me behind while I'm in this sort of twilight zone where time is standing still for me.

LuluRoo - welcome back! I've added your blurb.

planegreen - hooray for having beautiful ovaries! I'm sure it's only a matter of time before your beautiful ovaries give you a beautiful baby!

brichole - you're back!!! I missed you... I'm so happy you worked things out with your DH and you have another chance! Good luck with your RE appointment this week!

shesaidboom - wow that really sucks that you are allergic to Marvelon. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. The things we will do to get our babies!!!! My fingers are crossed that you start bleeding soon so that you can start over without too much delay.

toothfairy - I'm wishing you a cramp-free AF. That would be such a lovely gift wouldn't it? I have a few horrible AF's after my lap but since then I've had pretty mild cramps which go away if I take 1 Tylenol. It's so wonderful not to have to go through that debilitating pain every month!

Lindz - wow that is crazy the number of pregnancy announcements you're dealing with at work. I had one the other day but it was by email and I've been hiding from that girl ever since!

AFM - I'm 2 DPO... in about a week AF will show up and I get to call my clinic and tell them it's time to get the IVF show on the road! The waiting seems to be going by so quickly! Also I just found out my work has FINALLY approved my request to transfer to a different team in a different office (I've been bugging them about this for almost a year) so starting in November my commute every day will be down to 15 minutes each way instead of an hour!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#187 of 189 Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 PM

My cycle seems to be going okay. I started early with Squishy on Wednesday, got together with my new donor Shorty last night, and just met with Shaggy a little while ago. I just hope I can have at least an every other day schedule for the next week (I stopped too soon last cycle); ovulation is most likely to occur on Thursday.

Sourire...   I can relate to feeling left behind. Being in school gives me sort of a double whammy on that. All of my friends and classmates are just starting out in life. New careers, new relationships, thinking about starting families... And I feel like I missed the boat on all of it. I used to be able to picture my future in my mind (the white picket fence, husband, kids), but I can't seem to see it anymore. I now try to live my life day by day because it's the only thing I can think of to do. I just keep trying to work towards my dreams, denying the actual chances of success, otherwise I'm afraid I'll no longer want to get out of bed in the mornings. It sounds pretty depressing when I spell it all out, but living in denial gets me through the day. (This is NOT advice! Do not try this at home!) lol

Think Fertile Thoughts!!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#188 of 189 Old 09-30-2012, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll take October, haven't done the threadkeeper thing since the One Thread back around Easter 2011. We've been around too long greensad.gif

Will update on everyone when I get the new thread started.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#189 of 189 Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1364660/october-infertility-one-thread/0_30

NEW THREAD IS UP!!!!!!! I couldn't think of anything cheeky to put as a play on fall/autumn/october etc as the header so sorry it is boring!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page