Mothering Forum banner

September 2012 Infertility One Thread

8K views 188 replies 35 participants last post by  toothfairy2be 
#1 ·
A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Please let me know if there are any changes/updates to make.

Trying to Conceive #1

Stevi (43) TTC#1 since December 2005 with NI donors. Two miscarriages in 2008. Hysterosalpingogram confirms clear tubes September 2012

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b4e62

Lilacvioletiris (36, DX hypothyroid 10/11) and DH (40), (zero sperm on 3/23/12, 25 sperm on 5/18/12, 5 motile sperm and 3 non-motile sperm for cryopreservation on 6/29/12 & 8/3/12, 3 motile, 2 shaking, and 3 non-motile sperm on 8/17/12) TTC #1 since April 2011. Got confirmation from fertility Dr. that we have enough sperm frozen for IVF cycle. Currently saving money for IVF.

krunchyk Me (32), DH (34), ttc #1 1/11. Diagnosed with PCOS at 19. Currently taking 1500 mg of Metformin daily along with supplements and acupuncture. Wading into the world of medicated cycles. One missed miscarriage at 8w6d in March. One early miscarriage at 5w4d in May.

Teresaresa (32), DH (46) TTC #1 since 4/09. Tried holistically for 2.5 years. 1 failed Clomid IUI and 4 failed Femara IUIs. Now a regular poster on the Summer IVF thread - hoping science can help us make a baby!

Shesaidboom (28) TTC #1 since early 2007. Four early miscarriages and one second trimester loss. Struggling with PCOS and very low AMH. Five failed IUIs - three on Femara, one on Puregon, and one on Gonal F. Currently waiting for AF so we can start ICSI.

toothfairy2be (27) TTC#1 since 10/10, Failed Clomid/Femara/Gonal F, 4 IUI. Switched to NaPro Technology and diagnosed with Stage 3 Endometriosis with a complex chocolate cyst, all removed at laparoscopy March 29th--- making a baby the old fashioned way in 2012.

Sourire (30) DH (34) - TTC # 1 since August 2010 with endometriosis. After 5 failed IUIs in 2012 (3 with Femara, 2 with Femara + injectables) and a laparoscopy in April 2012, I am moving on to IVF in November 2012.

BFPChart2.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d1bce

Milk8shake (28) & DP (29) TTC #1 since 04/09. Battling endometriosis, a unicornuate uterus and unexplained RPL. Five little ones, gone but not forgotten. Hoping for a lucky 2013 baby, with the help of some serious medical intervention.

Blueyezz4 After 5 failed IUI's & 6 IVF's we fully threw in the towel w/ ART and while trying to figure out if we weren't meant to have kids or if we should start saving $ to adopt we got our first ever NATURAL miracle BFP after 6 yrs! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby! Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 and 1 other little angel in heaven. moved to graduates!!!!!!

deborahbgkelly (30); DH (30) Began TTC 2/2011; BFP after IVF in 11/2011. Late second trimester pregnancy loss of identical twin boys in 3/2012. Fertility challenges: Endometriosis, Diminished Ovarian Reserves (likely due to Endo) and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (anti-thyroid antibodies). RE consult on Aug. 30.. chartnew.gif

Polyhymnia (29 - 30 next month), DH (30). IUD removed 6/2011, no luck since then despite regular cycles. Just scheduled one-year-of-trying appt with an OB/GYN next month.

BFPChart2.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3606ed/

SimplyRochelle 24, Matt, 26. Married in May 2007 and ttc most of that time. Conceived in June 2008, miscarried at 12 weeks. Lap in April 2012 found stage 2 endo. Lots of failed Clomid cycles from 50mg-150mg. Finally seeing an RE in July 2012.

NievesStevens 40, diagnosed with Grave's Disease in 3/10, married my awesome DH and partner in '09. TTC since 2010, lost a pregnancy on 5/12/12 at 5-6 weeks and now working with RE, fall into the unexplained category. Had 3rd IUI w/Clomid 6/10/12. We moved to CT (Hartford Area) in September where we live with our two dogs.

LuluRoo M (30) married to my E (36). TTC #1 starting 12/12 after taking a year off.

Trying To Conceive #2

SilaMarila (26) DH (29) TTC#2 since 2010. PCO/lack of ovulation and past motility/morphology issues. 4 failed Clomid (3 IUI) cycles. Calling it quits with the RE. Saving $ to begin our embryo adoption journey! Hoping to start the process Feb/March 2013. Continuing acupuncture and hoping for a miracle in the meantime.

BFPChart2.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/SilaMarila

rcr(38) TTC #2 since December 2007. Three failed IVFs, four canceled IVFs, five failed medicated IUI cycles. Waiting for another IVF cycle in December, and trying to keep hope alive.

BucketofRain (32) dh (33) ttc #2 for 18 months. Unexplained infertility...all tests have been good, with regular cycles. 1st cycle of 50mg clomid plus iui...

SKJ2011 (34) DOR, DH (35) perfect. TTC #2 since Spring 2011. Missed m/c and D&C in March 2012. Started clomid + IUI in July 2012.

TinyMama TTC #2 (DD is 5), with severe MF.

Trying to Conceive #3

planegreen (29) DH (33) DD#1 (9) DD#2 (3) - TTC since September 2010, missed miscarriage in Feb. 2011 at 9 wks, 3 cycles of Clomid 50mg, two months off, two cycles of Clomid with IUI, one cycle of Clomid 100mg but no IUI because my lining was too thin, two months off and now I am on BC to get rid of a leftover follicle.

brichole1214 Brandy (28) TTC#3 since April 2011. Go for 1st consult with RE on October 2nd, 2012...praying for another miracle!

Graduates

(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

Blueyezz4, Hope4light, Mexilady, Chicajones, kparker, gemmine, gozal, wissa19, Monkeyscience, Mammabird, Tenzinsmama, Renavoo, Tantylynn, Kaydove, Brichole1214, Sweet.Bee, Lega, NishaG, Kewpie80, Tear78, ValH, Lesliesara63, no5no5, Minkajane, EastbayK, Grapesbunch, thtr4me, alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, livelovelaugh

Join our graduates on the Graduates thread for

Summer 2012

Missing In Action...but we're still thinking of you

(please let us know if you'd like to jump back in)

babymc, yoyonana, Silverbird, fierrbug, rhiandmoi, jenger, tryingfortow, wallabi, gale, cassnbeth, mindfulmomma, emski4379, kyliel, moonfireglow, Milletpuff, First Short Photo,InGodsHands, Simplymere, Indianagrl, Victorian Patch, lovebug, catheleni, zanelee, JodiAriel, Skeemama, Jukim, Tickletoes, CharleyInVT

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/delete/change in your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated!
love.gif

See less See more
#152 ·
Sila - I'm so sorry. I hope are doing o.k...I know it's heartbreaking and I can't imagine. Urrgh infertility!! It's not right that's all there is to it.

Milk- Thanks for the update for the stalkers! I hope with each scan your little one grows and grows. -- Try not to worry over a 2 day difference and yes...trans-vaginal is way more accurate in the early weeks.

#153 ·
Sila - I've been thinking about you a lot. I've you need anything, please let us know. I know there isn't much we can do from behind a computer, but if there is, just name it.

Milk - Thank you for the update. I'm glad things are going well, but I hope you start feeling better soon. Be gentle with yourself and get all the sleep you need. Sending good vibes and can't wait to hear more!

AFM - my baseline scan on Saturday showed 12 follicles on one side and 8 on the other, so there is a lot of potential there. I also have a big cyst on one ovary, but was told it would not interfere with IVF. I've been having a lot of pain and cramping on that side and before then BFN I was wondering if it was pregnancy related, but I wonder if it's from the cyst. I start birth control pills today, which I'm nervous about, but it's just part of the process I guess! I'm feeling a lot more positive and hopeful than before. If this round does not work, I'm hoping it will at least shed light on our situation since we are basically "fixing" everything we do know to be wrong with the IVF/ICSI process.

#154 ·
privateeyes.gif

First post here in over a year. I just wanted to let you guys know I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks and am thinking about you guys. I will rejoining you in the trenches soon as we start anew TTC #1 after taking a year or so off to breathe. Making an appointment today to get back on Clomid in December after I return from a trip to India. So anxious, unsure, nervous, skeptical and scared that I don't really want to say any more right now for fear of jinxing it.

Sila - I've been following along and I'm so sorry.

Sourire - I think I'm ready to be added back to "TTC #1". Please have my blurb say "M (30) married to my E (36). TTC #1 starting 12/12 after taking a year off."

#155 ·
Milk, that is really good to hear! (And yes, I've been following you on the threads as well... Rooting you on like crazy!)

And Sourire, you too... (Been on the other thread with you, and I feel like I've been witness to all the ups and downs and I just want you to have the 'ups' from now on. Come on IVF, come on baby!)

Everyone on here!

I wish this thread didn't have to exist, that we could just have our babies without having to go through all of this.

((HUGS))

#156 ·
Milk, glad to hear that your little one is growing bigger and stronger each day.

#157 ·
sila - Oh honey, I'm so so very sorry. Big hugs are coming your way. Please take care of yourself during this difficult time.

milk - So glad to hear things are going good right now! Trucking along ~ I'm so excited!

#158 ·
LuluRoo - welcome back. I hope the year off will help when starting up again. I hope your December cycle is the one!

TenzinsMama - I wish the same thing. I hate that we have to deal with this at all, but since we do, I am glad this place is here.

I got a call from the nurse today with a bunch of dates and oh, my it is so overwhelming! Here's the procotol now:
Oct 4th - teaching session for Lupron and Luveris injections
Oct 5th - start Lupron - .1ccs
Oct 8th - last birth control pill
Oct 18th - endometrial biopsy
Oct 23rd - assessment ultrasound/bloodwork
Oct 25th - start medications
Nov 5th - tentative retrieval date, if everything goes as planned

I feel so much better because now I actually know what's going on and when. I really felt like a fish out of water up until this. I'm nervous though because it all seems so soon. We could get our BFP by the end of November! I really hope this works for us.

#160 ·
Milk - Yay for good news! Also, sleep away!

Shesaidboom - how awesome that you have a plan that far out. I bet you are really more at ease now that you know more. I hope for an awesome November for you!!

LuluRoo - Hello! I'm new since you were last here but it's nice to meet you. Also, a trip to India sounds amazing! Have fun!

AFM, I had a baseline u/s today, CD4. I'll be doing the same cycle as last time, Femara, adding estradil (sp?), trigger shot, IUI, progesterone. This morning I had 8 follicles on each ovary and the u/s tech told the nurse, "she has such beautiful ovaries, why isn't she getting pregnant?" Ha! Those ladies always make some sort of interesting comment. Well, I'm glad my ovaries are beautiful.
ROTFLMAO.gif

#163 ·
HI ladies! There are still so many faces here who I remember. I've been gone from here for several months now and I wanted to stop by, say HI and wish everyone luck and say congrats to those who have gotten their BFP's since i've been gone. I miss you ladies so much!! I also wanted to ask to be added back. Me and DH have fixed all of our problems and he's finally decided that it's okay for us to go talk to the RE again!!!!! So we go on October 2nd to see where we are and see what the RE feels we need to do for us to get pregnant.

Please add my blurb : Brandy (28) TTC#3 since April 2011. Go for 1st consult with RE on October 2nd, 2012...praying for another miracle!

Reactions: deborahbgkelly
#165 ·
Brichole- glad to see you back & that you're both ready to welcome baby #3!! Looking forward to hearing how your appointment goes.

Lindz- did you get hubby to cooperate? Late O is better than no O!

Planegreen- sounds like a good start & a good plan.

Shesaidboom- seems like it is all going to happen so fast! So happy to see your dates laid out!

Lulu- welcome back, Hoping the year off gave you peace & that your journey to a baby goes quickly.

Milk- so happy to hear your babe is growing & strong.

Sila- still thinking of you friend. I know you said you're doing okay but wanted you to know we care.

AFM- BFN at 13dpo. Not unexpected but feeling a little disappointed & wishing that I could just skip AF & start again. Anyway, my physical is Friday, see my NaPro doc in a week & then go back to my RE on the 10th.

#168 ·
Sila, just wanted to jump and say that I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you and am incredibly sad that you have to go through this.

#169 ·
STEVI!!!! I've missed you so!!! how are you doing?

Hope4light & Toothfairy2be: It's so nice to be back!!! I have been feeling so down lately. We have been trying for almost 18 months again and I was bound and determined my doctor wouldn't make me wait another 6 months to a year to start seeing the RE again like last time!!!

I hope that everyone is doing ok. I really have to find some time to go thru all of the old posts and catch up with everyone. Did i see where Blue got moved to Graduates? BLAH i hate being behind the times

#171 ·
Sian- are you doing any monitoring with an RE? They may need to increase your dosage or try another drug (femara or injectables). A lot of PCOSers have trouble ovulating even on clomid if the dose isn't right. Good Luck!

#172 ·
planegreen - I definitely feel much better with a plan now. I hope November turns out great, but first let's have a great rest of September and October in this thread, shall we?
Congrats on your beautiful ovaries!
wink1.gif

brichole!! - I've missed you and think about you often. I'm so glad DH is on board again. I cannot wait to hear about your appointment.

cait - I'm so sorry about the BFN. It's really not fair. I hope the NaPro doc and RE can give you some answers and make your next cycle a much better one.

Sian - I completely agree with what toothfairytobe said. It's possible your dose needs to be adjusted or you need to try another medication. Hopefully your doc will be able to tweak things and you will get that BFP!

AFM, we hit another road block in our IVF plan. It turns out that I'm allergic to the BCPs the RE prescribed me. At least, I think so. I started taking them two nights ago and was just a little itchy and flushed, but tonight about an hour after my dose I broke out into hives and my lips and eyes swelled up. After I freaked out more than a little (I have anxiety that is only triggered by allergies, after experiencing an anaphalactic reaction several years back), I took a benedryl and the hives and swelling went down a lot. I'm going to call the RE tomorrow and see what to do. I don't know if I can just switch pills at this point, but I cannot do another 25 days of itchy hives and swollen face.

#173 ·
Shesaidboom: I'm sad that we're having to go back thru treatments BUT i'm so happy to be back here to share my experience with all of you!! That allergic reaction sounds like no fun at all!! I really hope that there is something the doctor can do since you are only a couple of days into the BCPs!! I don't want it to hinder your IVF cycle though!!!!! I'll be sure to post as soon as I get back from the RE and see what he has to say. I don't even know how much of this my insurance is going to cover IF it will cover any of it. My last insurance didn't cover infertility but some how it covered all of my visits (probably the way they coded it at the office). I just hope that this will be quick and painless. I do have a feeling my testosterone levels are a lot higher than they were the last time i went thru treatment.

Stevi: LOL i know what you mean! I'm happy you are doing good though!! I have really been thinking about you a lot lately....it's so crazy how close we call become when we are going thru the same stuff each month together!!! It's hard for me to find someone in real life to talk to because most of my friends look at their partner and get pregnant. My brother and sister in law were some of those people until my brother had the BIG V!!

Sian: I agree with Toothfairy2be! I was diagnosed with PCOS and i did 6 cycles (9 months) worth of clomid and NOTHING helped at all. I started seeing my RE and he put me on Femara and Menopur injections and finally, once we got my dose straight, that worked!!!

AFM: I'm getting my bags ready for a weekend get away with DH!!! We have decided to go to Gatlinburg, TN for a little romantic get away without the girls...just to spend time together! We haven't done this since our honeymoon 4 1/2 years ago...and we really feel like it will help us relax and get our closeness back. It's been HELL on us for the past 9 1/2 months with me working 2nd shift and he's been working 6 to 7 days a week on day shift...so we really never get to see each other much anymore. It really has sucked...BUT i get to go back to day shift on January 1st!! (I'm counting down the day) I hope that the doctor will go ahead and see where my hormone levels are when we go in on October 2nd...and part of me hopes that MAYBE AF will show up a day or 3 early so they will do my baseline ultrasound that day :) That's how it worked out for us the first time and we were able to start a treatment plan that same month...Granted it didn't take because i ended up ovulating on my own before they were able to have me trigger...but at least I got to start my cycle. THinking about everyone!!! THINKING FERTILE THOUGHTS!!!

#174 ·
brichole - I'm glad you're back, but yes, I am sad too that you have to go through treatments. While you were away I had secretly hoped that you had gotten pregnant and were worried about announcing the news so you hadn't updated us. I'm sorry that wasn't the case, BUT at least dh is on board now and hopefully that means a BFP for you soon. A romantic getaway sounds wonderful! I hope you both get to reconnect and have a great time together. Enjoy yourself!

AFM - new plan and protocol for us! We will not be using BCPs anymore (instead I am taking benedryl until these itchy hives are gone completely and my eyes and lips are normal sized again). I was told I will have a withdrawl bleed within 4 days, although I am skeptical because I was only taking the BCPs for 3 days. Once I do I call it in and they'll figure out my new day 21 when I go in for bloodwork/ultrasound. All my dates will change, but at least this cycle isn't a total bust. I was so afraid we'd have to wait another month to start after this mess.

Thinking of all of you!

#176 ·
SSB- glad they are able to keep you on track! That reaction sounds scary!

Lindz- glad that your thyroid is balancing out!!

Brichole- have fun on vacation, sounds nice to have a reconnecting time with your hubby.

Afm- got my referrals at my physical today! Got AF while waiting to go in for my appt. Lucky me. So far no cramps. Never ever had a month with no cramps so we will see if they kick in when it gets heavier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.