Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-21-2012, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Bucket - I third the idea of testing this weekend!!

Blue - that is a pretty good idea. The dallas clinic is a 12 hour drive (and much shorter flight) - probably the closest clinic to me. I wonder if that would work at all.... I am going to email Dr. Fisch tomorrow to ask.  That might be a good back-up plan.

AFM- thanks for all the support. Mom has still not eaten. The meeting went ok today, although nobody knows when she will die - it could be any time now, or months. They told me about one lady who lived in my mom's condition for 6 months, eating and drinking enough to sustain herself, but just barely. So, I would hate to cancel my cycle if it is not really going to happen... I wish I had a crystal ball.  My heart is telling me to go, and that it will be ok. But I am worried that is just wishful thinking. Also, If I had to come back, I could do a 3-day transfer and make my trip only 9-10 days instead of the 14 days that I was planning. Or if things seemed dire, I could just freeze them and do a FET later. Then again... maybe she will die before I leave. I talked to her today and asked her to wait for me to get back, or if she needed to, then to die before I leave.

Aura - I leave on the 2nd - next Sunday.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

rcr-wow, such a tough situation.  I hope you can find peace with whatever you decide is best for you.

Sourire-wow on the great ER.  Even if some weren't mature, you should have lots to work with. Now find something fun to distract yourself while you wait for you body to heal.

Buckets-keeping my fingers crossed for you.

shesaidboom-Congrats a great fertilzation report.  I can't believe they did that to you during ER, how crazy.  Of course you are anxious then, we all are.  Those might be fine and appropriate questions for the doctor to ask to make sure you are really okay, since that can have a real impact on the success of the cycle.  If he is really concerned call you back in and discuss it when you are full clothed and not preparing for a surgical procedure.  This stuff makes all of us slightly looney, so I would dust it off and prepare for a great ET.

Deborah-sorry to hear about the endo flaring up and the allergies.  Hope things went well at your appts and that this is the start to a much better week for you.

AFM-I go in on Saturday for an early ultrasound to check how things are going.

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

Old 11-22-2012, 05:22 AM

So, I tested this morning...13 days past trigger, 7 days past 5dt and I got a bfp!! After staring at that blank space for soooo many months and squinting and trying to find another line I finally got one!!! I am beside myself:)
Old 11-22-2012, 05:42 AM

Bucket- Wahooo!!! So excited for you!!! On my phone in bed or I'd add jumping things. Now you really have something to be thankful for this day!!! ( if u celebrate not sure where u r from). When's your beta again?

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 11-22-2012, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Bucket - Yayyyyyy! Congratulations!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 11-22-2012, 07:44 AM

I just got the call from the embryologist!

Out of 31 eggs, 29 were mature and 19 fertilized!!!

She says they usually freeze everything at day 3 but since I have so many she'll only freeze half at day 3 and then see how many make it to day 5 and freeze the ones remaining then. After that I have to see my doctor to decide whether to transfer the day 3's or the day 5's first. I should get another call on Saturday with an update.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

WOOHOOO bucket!! Congratulations.

Sourire - that's awesome!!! 19 little embies.

EDIT: now that I said that, here are some more personals..

Sourire - You're right. I called the Psychologist the clinic uses to get an appointment, but I have to wait over a month to see her so I'm not sure how that helps any! Oh well, at least that may make my RE feel better.

tear - thanks for the hugs. I was definitely out of it. I didn't realize how much until I woke up the next day!

bucketofrain - I agree. There are better times to ask questions! I'm not really worried about it anymore though. I think the day of I was still just out of it and that made me obsess about it a little. I woke up the next day and asked myself what I was so worried about!

blueeyezz - thanks. I think everything should be ok, it was just a little weird.

rcr - I think you're making the right choice. What a tough situation to be in! I'm thinking of you.

vireoes - thank you! I'm feeling much better about things now. Hearing from you ladies that of course it's normal to be anxious, and what a weird time to ask questions is definitely helping. I'm not really worried anymore and am just looking forward to that ET on Sunday!
I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound results! I hope everything comes back great.

AFM - started Endometrin today. I'm still sore from the ER, but it's not too bad, espcially since I don't have to worry about the ER anymore so I'm in good spirits! I got a report on our embies today. Still have 11. 10 are doing great and 1 is lagging behind a bit. Hopefully it will catch up soon. Poor DH is sick and I'm hoping he's feeling better by Sunday for our ET.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Old 11-22-2012, 09:02 AM

congrats bucket and sourie!!! woohoo!!

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 PM

I was feeling great when I woke up this morning and I was even planning to go to work when all of a sudden I got hit with some severe pain. I can hardly walk. It's strange because before my retrieval it was my ovaries that hurt and immediately after the retrieval I had pain that felt like menstrual cramps but today it's a lot higher up, around my stomach or just above that. The only med I'm allowed to take is Tylenol and it doesn't do anything greensad.gif. I find it strange that they won't let me have anything else seeing as I won't be having a transfer.

Does this type of pain sound like OHSS to you guys?

Old 11-22-2012, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hiall,

Rcr: I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum.  Listen to your intuition and I hope it all works out.  Good luck with whatever happens with your cycle. I’m thinking of you.

Bucket or rain: congratulations!

Sourie: congrats on so many embies! Good luck! Sourie that sounds pretty worrying have you told your clinic? I would.

Shesaidboom: glad your embies are doing well.  Good luck!

Deboarah: Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction and the job.  Hope this cycle goes well.

Verios: not sure if I said, congratulations!

Toothfairy hope things are going along OK for you.

Shell: welcome and good luck!

Blue, aura, Kewpie, Tear and all the graduates: Hello! I'd don't make it over to the other side much but I think of you often and hope your well!

AFM: I'm good.  Things are going well with my new bloke.  Unfortutnatly he had a vasactomy because of some health issues his late wife had but I guess that means were both starting out equally infertile. Anyway I'm trying to just enjoy myself and not think too much about the future but I'm pretty much in love already and he seems head over heels about me.  thinking and stalking you all often.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

Old 11-22-2012, 06:03 PM

Sourire - Yes, it sounds like OHSS. Not to scare you, but my clinic told me that any severe pain and get right to the ER. In reading symptoms online, upper abdominal pain is a sign of more than mild or moderate OHSS. Personally, I would go to the ER just to be on the safe side, especially since you had so many eggs taken out. Please take care of yourself. Sending good thoughts.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Old 11-22-2012, 06:25 PM

Woohoo Buckets!!!  What an exciting way to start the holiday.

Sourire-Great report.  I felt much better on the day after the ER, so started doing more things around the house.  By that evening I definitely had more pain and some spotting, so I went back to taking it easy after that and things seemed to get better over the next 12 hours. 

she said boom-glad to hear the embryos are growing well.  I hope DH feels better soon.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 AM

I think if there were a prize for the weirdest symptoms, I would win it. My abdomen is feeling better today but now I have crazy shoulder pain. So bizarre. Also I'm having trouble breathing, it feels like something is pressing on the bottom of my lungs if I try to take a deep breath.

I don't have any of the typical OHSS symptoms they told me to watch for. No nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. I've only gained 1 lb since the retrieval. I'm still peeing regularly. I measured my waist and I've only gained like an inch, though my belly feels a bit stretched out.

Anyways I called the clinic and they told me to come in right away for an ultrasound, so I'm on my way now. I'm so glad DH is off work today so he can drive me.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 AM

Thinking good thoughts for you Sourire. I'm glad you're getting checked out and I hope everything turns out ok!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:52 AM

Ok just finished talking to the doctor. I have moderate OHSS (surprise!) but most of the liquid/blood has accumulated around my liver, kidney and diaphragm, much more than around my uterus and ovaries. This explains why all the pain is around the top of my abdomen. Also the blood irritating my diaphragm is what is causing my shoulders to hurt.

My ovaries are enlarged to 11cm on the left and 8cm on the right. The left one is a bit bigger than they like to see.

Anyways the doctor says that I just need to rest and drink lots of liquids and everything will resolve on its own by my next period. He gave me a note for 2 weeks off work (yay! Vacation!). Also I now have permission to take any painkiller I want since I'm not having a transfer. That is good because the Tylenol wasn't doing anything at all.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:48 PM

Just jumping on here to say I wish you a speedy recovery, Sourire!  That sounds so painful-- what size are ovaries normally?  I've been following along, and I'm excited for your transfer when it happens-- your body will be nice and ready by then. 

Congrats to the newest grads!!!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 11-23-2012, 02:04 PM

The doctor said ovaries are normally about 4-5cm. But it's funny because my ovaries hurt a lot less now than they did before my retrieval.

The only thing that is really bothering me at this point is my shoulders, and they don't hurt too much unless I laugh/cough/sneeze/burp. Unfortunately my DH is naturally hilarious and is always making me laugh, which is soooo painful right now!!!

Old 11-23-2012, 02:14 PM

Sourire, I'm glad they figured it out and you're on your way to mending! I hope your recovery is quick and easy.

AFM, still got 11 embies. The slowpoke is catching up, so that's good news for us. I'm still pretty sore. Both my ovaries and inside my vagina. It hurts a lot when I pee, laugh, cough, or uh, move, but it's not awful. It's pretty mild. I'm a little bloaty today, but not bad. How long does this ER recovery thing take? The form we signed on discharge said there would be mild cramping/bleeding the day after and to take tylenol, but our RE said it could last a couple days. I only had spotting on the day of. What have your experiences been like?

Old 11-23-2012, 04:19 PM

Sourie: so glad you got check out.  I had a lot of sholder pain after my abdominal surgry, it's weird but true.  I hope you can sort it out with pain killers.  I'm guessing your looking for a FET another time now? Sorry it's mucked up your cycle but enjoy your time off and concentrate on getting well.

Shesaid: glad your embies are still doing well.  I can't really remember but I'm not sure I had any spotting to be honest.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 PM

Sourire-Glad you are getting things figured out.  I hope you recover quickly and can enjoy your time off.

Shesaidboom-I spotted for the two days after recovery.  When are you doing your transfer?

AFM-did second beta today 2944 and the ultrasound showed one sac.  So everything is going well so far, I go back in two week to check for a heartbeat.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 AM

silverbird - do you remember how sore you were after the ER. I'm still really sore 4 days later, but not sore enough that I'm worried about anything being wrong.

vireoes - I'm glad everything is going well! I bet you cannot wait to see that little heartbeat.

Were you in pain after the retrieval? I'm trying to figure out how much/long is normal. I don't think I'm in enough pain to worry about anything, it's just very uncomfortable. I also seem to wake up at least three or four times a night to pee. So weird! We're doing our transfer tomorrow. I'm waiting for the clinic to call and let me know when I have to come in.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:16 AM

Vireoes - That is wonderful news!

Shesaidboom - good luck with your transfer tomorrow. I hope the soreness goes away soon.

AFM - the embryologist is supposed to call today to give me an update on the status of my embies, I'm waiting very impatiently for their call!

Old 11-24-2012, 01:30 PM

she said boom-good luck with your transfer.  I wasn't feeling sore the day after initially,so I started doing more things around the house.  By the evening I was hurting again, so I just laid off everything from that point on and did very little the next couple of days as well since we had an early ET.  Lots of rest helped the pain disappear.  Regarding lots of trips to the restroom, it could be like early pregnancy when the weight of the uterus presses down on the bladder and makes you have to go.  If you have swelling of the ovaries from the stimulation maybe they are weighing on the bladder.  I would talk over any concerns you have with you doctor before the transfer, so that you are not worrying about side effects of ER after the transfer and can just try to relax and stay positive for those little embies to stick. :)  Sending lots of sticky vibes your way!

Sourire-can't wait to hear how the embies are doing.  

Old 11-24-2012, 05:06 PM

Vireoes: glad things are going well good luck for the scan.

Shesaidboom: I don't remember being sore at all but I only had four eggs form one ovary so probaly a lot less than most of you ladies go through.

Sourie: hope your embies are doing well.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:12 PM

I wish I knew how my embies were doing, the clinic never called. The reception closes at noon on Saturdays so by the time I realized they weren't going to call, it was too late for me to call them.

On top of that I just found out that there is a huge waiting list to do a FET at my clinic so who knows when I'll get to try again. I'm so upset. greensad.gif

My shoulders really hurt when I cry. Damn I hate my life right now.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Bucket - wonderful news!!

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

My mom died this early morning. I was with her, which I am very grateful for. I feel very good for taking care of her these last five years. I actually can't imagine my life now without taking care of her, as she has occupied every available moment and most of my thoughts for so long.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:28 PM

Just a quick one from my phone.

Rcr- I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sure she was very appreciative of all that you did for her these last 5 yrs even though she might not have been able to show it. Glad you were around too when it happened so you could be there w/ her. Thinking of you and your family.

Shesaid - I only had soreness that lasted a couple of days at the most and would get better each day. I'd be sure to mention it!! Good luck!

Sourire- weird tgey didn't call but I'm sure you will hear on mon! Maybe they will make or have exceptions for cancelled cycles!! Try to stay positive until you know for sure. I know it's easier said than done at times. I hope it all works out to your favor!!

Bucket - how r you feeling? What's next?

Silver - glad to hear things are going well. I always get a warm feeling in my heart when I read your newest posts!!

Hi to everyone else. Hard to post on my phone. Off to bed.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Blue - thanks. And sorry about your canceled trip that I read about on the other side. I meant to post over there but didn't get a chance to.

Silver - your update made me smile. I am glad things are going well with your new guy

Sourire - oh, I am sorry. I am sure your embies are doing just fine. My shoulder hurt after my laproscopy,hystroscopy. I think that was because they put gas inside me though.

shesaid - I was pretty sore after ET too. Not at all by transfer time though.

Vieros - Congrats!!

All the recent grads - unless you tell me do do so, I won't move you to the grads list because some people are supersticious and don't want to be moved until a bit later. So let me know when to move you.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:58 AM

rcr: So sorry to hear about your mum, but glad too that you were with her and she's not suffering.  Don't know how much you believe in fate, don't know how much I do either really, but I kind of feel like my failed cycles and all the emotion I went though with finding dh's songs was sort of clearing the way for meet dbf.  I can't help but wonder if you will soon have a new addtion to take up your thoughts and time.  Sorry if that sounded insetive but I hope you know what I mean and well I know more than anyone that life is strange and sad and happy and beautiful as is death.

Sourie: Hugs.  I hope you feel better soon.

blue and rcr: thanks I am very happy.  Although it's still such a struggle thinking of having a baby put back by years not months again.  even my irl infertile friends are now all getting pregant.  but will try and let go of all that and enjoy myself.  Infertility has been such a part of my life for so long now it's kind of hard to let go and not caculate it in everything I do do you know what I mean?

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List