Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 762 Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Gale- Your DS and my brother share a birthday (not year, but month and day).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#542 of 762 Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Sourire - are you feeling better? I hope so.

Shesiad - Are you feeling any better?

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#543 of 762 Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM

rcr - thanks for asking. I actually feel worse,  but I'm trying not to worry too much. I'm not sure if it should affect things. How are you doing? I know that's a stupid question, but I hope you're taking care of yourself through this hard time.

vireoes - Thanks, I hope so too!

How is everyone doing? I'm sending good thoughts out to everyone and have been thinking of all of you, sending lots of luck and sticky vibes.

AFM - I am really tired of Endometrin. No symptoms that I've noticed, but can we get completely TMI for a sec and talk about how gross it is? I've used the suppositories in wax for all my IUI cycles and even those were not as messy. I had to get some liners for this and it's just really uncomfortable. If I have to take it for a while after our 2ww, I think I'll be going cloth because I cannot stand these liners. I know I shouldn't complain because it could be worse. I'm so thankful for no progesterone shots! I'm looking forward to December and being able to count down to our beta in the single digits. 11 days!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#544 of 762 Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

shesaid - sorry you are feeling bad still. Do you have a fever? I am doing ok. It is a weird mix of emotions. I miss her so much, but I am glad she is at peace. It is also so unsettling to not have to take care of her all the sudden. I told people at work yesterday, which I was avoiding. Most of them are jerks and I don't really want to deal with all of their sympothy.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#545 of 762 Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

shesaidboom- I'm so sorry you are feeling sick still. As long as you are taking it easy and keeping your fever down with the tylenol I think your little embryo will be fine. Hope you start getting better soon! Endometrin is really yuck, lived in pantyliners the whole time I used it. Cloth is probably the way to go. 

sourire- Looking at it the way the other women here said makes 8 really sound great. Single embryo transfer wise that is 8 great chances at a baby. It does stink about the waiting list. Have you heard back about how long it might be? Also, in regards to SSBs experience with endometrin, I'll be using crinone for the first time with my IVF cycle, should I expect discharge or does it all stay inside??

RCR- Sending good thoughts about your mom. It is lonely for a while after the person you loved and cared for passes. I can't relate to the loss of a parent, only grandparents so I imagine with how close you were to your mom and devoting so many years to her health and well being that you will need some time to heal. It is nice knowing she is looking down on you are will surely do whatever she can to bring another child into your life.

AFM- Only day 9 of BCPs. I'm spotting like crazy but otherwise feel normal. I start Lupron next Wednesday and expect my box of meds to arrive tomorrow. 

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#546 of 762 Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 AM

Toothfairy2be- You will have discharge with the crinone, but I found it mostly happened when I actually went to the bathroom and wiped, so not much ended up in my panties.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#547 of 762 Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

shesaidboom - I hope this helps... I had a fever right after my transfer.  My RE said that as long as it is below 102F (38.8 C) there is no risk to the embryo. 

On a side note, I spent 2 hours reading your blog last night and an hour this morning.  I LOVE vintage stuff.  Have you ever read pinks suede shoe's blog? I love hers too, but it can get a little heavy in the "cute little kid" department, so I took a bit of a hiatus during treatments... Good luck to you during the rest of your TWW.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4******12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#548 of 762 Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

shesaidboom - sorry to hear you're sick. I hope you get better soon. You're already at 11dpo!!! Are you planning on testing anytime soon? I am a huge fan of cloth pads and pantyliners, I highly recommend ordering from lunapads.ca which is a wonderful canadian business that I absolutely love.

Gale & aura - thanks for putting things in perspective! I need to focus more on how lucky I am to have frozen embryos at all. I would be a lot more upset if I had to do another fresh cycle right away because I found the experience very difficult, mainly due to all the anxiety and stress I went through, though the physical symptoms were pretty rough on me as well.

vireoes - you have a really good point about not wanting too many frozen. I hadn't thought of it that way. I was thinking more along the lines of "I never want to go through stimming again because it was the most horrible experience ever" so I was hoping to have enough frozen embryos not only for my first child, but for a 2nd and possibly 3rd child as well. But if the embryos aren't resulting in pregnancies, it's totally true that having too many would be a bad thing since I am only allowed to transfer one at a time, getting through them all could take quite a while! As it is, it will probably take me all of 2013 to get through all my frosties so if I don't get pregnant from a FET I'm not likely to do another fresh cycle before 2014. Maybe by then I will have recovered from the trauma of what happened in the last few weeks and be ready to try again!

rcr - thanks for checking in with me. I am feeling much better now, both physically and emotionally. The doctor said the OHSS would go away completely once AF came and he was right! I got AF on Tuesday, just 6 days after my egg retrieval. I was totally surprised by AF coming so soon (I was at a conference out of town and had not packed any supplies!) but it was a very welcome surprise since it meant the end of the pain from OHSS (on Monday my shoulders were hurting so bad I could hardly sleep and on Tuesday all the pain had magically disappeared) and it also means that my FET is that much closer (assuming I don't get screwed over by the waiting list)! It's good that you got the work announcement over with... once it's done you don't have to stress about it anymore.

toothfairy - I'm so excited that things are moving forward for you! I had a bit of watery white discharge from Crinone, mainly in the few hours after I put it in each day, but it was much less than with Prometrium. I would recommend pantyliners because I found that the discharge didn't come out of my underwear very easily in the wash. I still haven't got any more info on how the waiting list for the FETs will affect me. I will find out more during my next appointment with my RE which is on December 11.

AFM - well I think I've said everything already in my responses above!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#549 of 762 Old 11-30-2012, 02:23 PM

rcr, I am so sorry for your loss hug2.gif You are such a strong and wonderful person caring for her all this time.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#550 of 762 Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 AM

Just got a call from my nurse that although every other number was far above what they like to see, DH morphology this time was 0%  (down from 0.5% six weeks ago). We will be proceeding with ICSI unless by some miracle in 4 more weeks we have some normal looking sperm!

Question for the group- How many days did you stim for? My RE said 6-10 days but it seems like a lot of people go much longer than that. I'm on a pretty straight up protocol, Lupron followed by Gonal-F... nothing else. 

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#551 of 762 Old 12-01-2012, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
toothfairy - wow sorry to hear about those morphology numbers. I stimmed for 11 days. I was told that at my clinic 8-12 days of stimming is normal and the average is 10 days.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#552 of 762 Old 12-01-2012, 07:16 PM

My clinic does it based on your response., I think I'm scheduled to be stimming about 10 days, but I ended up only doing about a week last year b/c I had a quick response. I'm already having a pretty fast response now (at least it feels like it). I will know tomorrow what my ovaries look like.

#553 of 762 Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 PM

rcr - yes to the fever. It was gone this morning, but is back again tonight.
I'm sorry you had to deal with the jerks from work. Not helpful at all. I'm glad you're doing ok.

Cait - Thanks for the reassurance. I would be really upset if everything was ruined over a stupid fever, although I guess we wouldn't really know that was the reason I guess.
How are you feeling about starting Lupron? You'll have to share what the Crinone is like because if it's better than the Endometrin I am asking to switch if there is ever a next time.
I started Gonal F on Nov. 7th and stopped on the 18th (retrieval on the 20th), so 11 days. I was told to expect about 10. Sorry about the morphology results. We did ICSI as well.

Kewpie - It does help, thank you! Mine did get higher than 38.8 but not for long and afterwards I kept it down with Tylenol, so hopefully everything will be ok.
Thank you, and I'm glad you liked my blog! I've never heard of pink suede shoes, so I'm going to have to check it out! Thanks for the cute kid warnings, they are much appreciated.

Sourire - 11 dpo! I was thinking wait..I'm only at 6, but 5 days of the embryo growing before that so it really is 11. I can't believe my beta isn't until December 10th. DH and I are going away next weekend and I'm thinking I'm going to test before. It's going to drive me crazy all weekend. I think it might anyway though. Thanks for the lunapads recommendation!
I felt the same way with the stimming and never wanting to do it again. I definitely would if I had to, but nooooo. I'm glad your OHSS went away. I am also crossing my fingers that you get to jump that wait list because of your experience. It only seems fair, right?

AFM - still sick (UGH), but the fever has gone down a lot. I think I've pretty much decided I'm going to test before my beta since that isn't until the 10th, and counting those 5 days it had in the dish, I'm 11dpo today. I'm thinking of waiting until 14dpo, but I'm nervous that will be too soon. How long have your clinics made you wait? 2 weeks after retrieval, or two weeks after transfer?

I also realized I never gave a blurb to be put up on the info post, so here it is..

Shesaidboom (28) TTC #1 since early 2007. Four early miscarriages and one second trimester loss. Diagnosed with PCOS and very low AMH. DH may have some morphology issues. After five failed IUIs - three on Femara, one on Puregon, and one on Gonal F - we have moved on to IVF. Currently in the 2ww part of our first (and hopefully only) IVF/ICSI cycle. Retrieved 16 mature eggs on 11/20 and transferred one beautiful embie on 11/25.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#554 of 762 Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 AM

SheSaidBoom- Mine was 11 days after transfer, so about 16 days after retrieval. AFM- 11 follies! 9 on the left and 2 on the right. By the end, we only had 6 and really only 5 because the 6th was so small. We only ended up taking 2 b/c of a bad response to anesthesia and managed a pregnancy, so I'm very hopeful. I'm hopeful for both a pregnancy and for frosties. Smallest ones are at 5mm and we already have one at 10. Interestingly enough, my dosage is being increased, not decreased, but I suspect that they think I can get even more and that's why. It's no wonder I've been so uncomfortable.

#555 of 762 Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 PM

shesaid, i've done endometrin, crinone, and PIO shots.  endometrin is the best.  yes it's drippy, but it's not the worst.  i was on crinone for about six weeks and it's disgusting.  my dr suggested i manually clean it out daily because it gets like cement up in there.  i was on 2x a day, and it definitely builds up.  when i'd pee it would come out in clumps sometimes.  or when i wiped.  it looks like styrofoam or cottage cheese, and can turn colors like orange and black.  i also had a few bouts of vaginal bleeding from it, which is one of the known possible side effects.  just my two cents.  

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#556 of 762 Old 12-02-2012, 04:40 PM

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been totally MIA, I'm a teacher and report cards are due tomorrow so i have been swamped!

Sourie: 8 frozen is great! I was surprised at how few we ended up with as well, only 2, out of 14 eggs. 8 is a whole lot of chances! I'm so glad your ohss went away and that you are feeling better.

Shesaid: ugh, I'm sorry you were sick after your transfer, just another thing to worry about:( I tested 7 dp5dt with frer and got a positive, although it was faint. I tested 9 days past and 11 days past and those were much darker. Fingers crossed for you!!

RCr: thinking of you and hope you are doing ok.

Tooth fairy: I slimmed for 11 days, then did my trigger and had er 36 hours after that.

Afm: beta last Monday and Wednesday were both good...my doctor didn't give numbers and I didn't ask as I figured I would only drive myself crazy looking them up online. I go back Wednesday for more bloodwork and an ultrasound, I'm hoping we find out how many are in there! We put back 2...
deborahbgkelly likes this.
#557 of 762 Old 12-02-2012, 05:23 PM

Congrats Bucket!

#558 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 AM

deborah - thanks, I guess it's not just my clinic!

auraleigh - that makes me feel much better about having to takethe endometrin! Ouch ouch ouch to the bleeding.

bucketofrain - HURRAY! Big congrats to you!
Thank you!

AFM - I got impatient and tested this morning (13 dpo including the 5 dish days) expecting nothing to show up, but there is a faint line. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic because I've gotten a false positive before, but at the same time I just want to run around shouting and dancing! We may have finally done it.

I was thinking...it's too long for the HCG trigger to still be in my body isn't it? I took it on the 24th.

#559 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Hi all - wow, so much good news since I was here last! Congrats bucket and shesaid.

I got to vegas last night. My appointment is in two hours. Then I have the interlipids later in the afternoon. I am typing from my phone so I can't make any changes to the front page while I am here.

#560 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 AM

SSB- The longest my trigger ever stayed was 11 days. Did you do Ovedril or something else? I think you can cautiously dance smile.gif i can't believe you have so long until your beta!

Rcr- hope you have a great visit. How long do intralipids take?

Congrats Bucket!!

#561 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 AM

I just realized I miscalculated. I did trigger before my egg retrieval (duh) so it was on the 17th, not the 24th. For some reason I was thinking my transfer date, so it has actually been more like 15 days since triggering. It wasn't ovidrel, but I can't remember what I used. The nurse mixed it up for me and just called it HCG.

#562 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 AM

That sounds like plenty of time to me SSB! AFM- Still waiting on the full report, but several of my follies got bigger. I have one at 12 mm, two at 11, and one at 10. The two at 11 were at 8 yesterday. Also, there are none smaller than a 6 now. Yesterday, my smallest were at a 5. The Saizen (HGH) is expensive, but seems to be worth it so far.

#563 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 09:27 AM

RCR: Yay - your time is here! I'm praying for you! Just wanted to cheer you on and say I'm so excited for you!

Shesaid: No way is that your trigger!!!! My clinic had me do my first beta at 13 dpo. YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! Congrats!!!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#564 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Stalking by to cautiously squee for you, shesaidboom!! I can't believe your clinic waits so ridiculously long for a beta. Any chance they'd bump it up since you got a + HPT? Hoping this is your take-home baby!

And rcr - hoping to hear good things from you!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24******32***36***40** Oct 2014
#565 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM

Thanks for all the sweet comments! I think I may call the clinic and ask to have my beta moved up. I don't see the point in waiting a week if I already got a positive test. I have no idea why they're making me wait so long.

Deborah - your results sound great! Can't wait for more updates!

#566 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM

SSB- The 17th?? You are pregnant lady!!! I second monkey, tell them you got a + HPT & see if they will move your beta up.

#567 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

stalking and just needed to say::::::

SSB - it's true, it's the real thing!!!  I'm so happy for you girl!!!!!!!!  CONGRATS!!!  Can't wait to hear the beta numbers (which I agree - call and have them move it up since you got a +HPT)

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#568 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Just popping in!!!

Bucket - Congrats!!  I think it is so funny that you are so calm and didn't even ask your numbers!!  That is awesome!!  Can't wait to hear how many there are.  I guess the numbers would help a bit to maybe tell you more in that case, but then again sometimes even w/ the numbers you never know.  Keep us posted!!

SSB - Congrats to you too!!!!  I for sure would see if you can get your beta moved up!!  Can't wait to hear your numbers. joy.gif

Rcr - Just here cheering you on!!  I can't believe it is happening already!!!  I hope you have beautiful weather out there for you and DS to do some fun things while you are there.  You are there for your cousin's "wedding" this time right????  LOL  Sending you TONS of positive thoughts, vibes & prayers that this cycle goes perfect and gives you that special babe.  I'm sure your mom is watching from above and will have a hand in it all!!!!!

Deborah - your numbers sound good too.  You are a fast stimmer for sure!!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!!  I''m always here cheering you ladies on and hoping & praying for lots of BFPs to come!!!!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#569 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 AM

I called them and asked if I could move up the beta and the woman on the phone said no because they want to see what my numbers will be like 10-14 days after the transfer. Monday will be 15 days so I asked if I could move it up to 10 days and she said no. To make things worse, she told me I only got a positive from medication and it's not a real positive. Just like that. No explaining that it could be from lingering medication or anything along those lines. She could have at least been nice about it! The last medication I took aside from the progesterone was on the night of November 17th, so I'm thinking that's a really long time for medication to still be in my system, and most of you have said the same so I know you agree. I'm just going to believe my HPTs until I have a real reason not to and continue to be cautiously happy.

#570 of 762 Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 AM

SSB - Yes, keep believing!!!  PUPO, for sure!!!!  Did you test out your trigger shots w/ hpt's so many days after the transfer by chance???  What medication do you think she was talking about? I can't think of anything other than a trigger shot that would have hcg in it that would give you a positive- hmmmmmm?   She makes me mad and I didn't even have to talk to her.  How RUDE!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait until you have that Ultrasound pic to swing in her face the next time you are there!!!!  LOLROTFLMAO.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page