Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was the queen of lingering trigger shots for my IUIs and they were always gone by 15 days out. My clinic told me to do a HPT 14 days after IUI (15 days after trigger) and that is what they went by - and that is where you are at! I think my triggers only lasted so long bc of one of the supplements I was taking too. BC I stopped taking it for my IVF cycle and my trigger was gone in like half the time (exact same trigger (ovidrel)).What a rude woman! 

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Now I'm wishing I had tested out the trigger shot after the transfer, but I didn't even think of it. I just figured it would be gone by now. She was talking about the trigger, but I was honestly so taken aback by the way she said it that I didn't question further. I'm really pissed though. I mean, you'd think they could at least be nice about it. We are dealing with someone's hopes and dreams here! I hope we do get that ultrasound pic to wave around!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Old 12-03-2012, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Shesaid - that is a horrible thing for the nurse to say. I think you are pregnant. Are you going to keep testing?

Afm- three large eggs today plus about 5 smaller ones. I really holpe some of those smaller ones catch up because we are doing half donor sperm and half dh, so I want to have enough for a good chance at both. My next appointment is wed. Possible retrieval on fri. Or sat.

The interlipids is at 2:30 and takes a few hours. Ds is going to be so bored. It is beautiful weather here.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM

Delurking to give a HUGE congrats to Shesaidbloom. Much like VeganPrincess, the triggered also lingered in my system due to supplements and it was long gone by 13 DPT. Lady, congratulations on your pregnancy. I am so very happy for you. 

joy.gif

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

Old 12-03-2012, 12:25 PM

rcr - yes, I am definitely going to keep testing. I only have 4 test strips left so I'm going to have to pick up a few!

Come on smaller eggies, catch up! I'm crossing my fingers and sending good vibes your way. I can't wait to hear your update on Wednesday. I'm sure it'll be great news!

krunchyk - thank you! I'm still nervous, but hopefully little Bubbles (what DH has called our Embryo) will stick around.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Old 12-03-2012, 03:36 PM

Congrats shesaid!! I started freaking out when I got my bfp as well and had myself convinced that it was trigger, it was not:) test again tomorrow or the next day if you can wait and you will see the line get darker. That was very reassuring for me...sorry you have to wait so long for your beta though.

Rcr: fingers crossed for you guys!! What a roller coaster these past few weeks have been for you. I hope you get some down time while you are out there to relax and recenter:)
Old 12-03-2012, 05:07 PM

bucket and ssb, HOORAY!!!!!  what wonderful news!!!  i don't think it could be the trigger any longer.  i tested positive at 6 or 7dp5dt and they still made me wait for day 15 for the beta.  they said the same thing, that they wanted to see what the numbers were at that specific point in time.  the waiting stinks, but you get to see if the line gets darker every day.   i am so excited for both of you, i love all this good news!

rcr, hooray for vegas!  it's happening!  this has been a lucky board this time, so as our fearless leader you are next for the bfp.  do you feel more comfortable now that you've already been through the vegas cycle last time?  

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM

RCR- Looks like we might be retrieval buddies! My next appointment is also Wednesday :-). AFM- copy/pasted from another board: 12/3/12- Dateline Rainbow Baby Kelly Making. We start preventing ovulation tonight and are looking at retrieval for Saturday at this point. We will know with slightly more certainty on Wednesday. Right now, we still have 11 follicles (not going to get more since that's the count at rest and don't really need to). My smallest one is at 6 mm, next smallest at 7 mm, three at 8 mm, 1 at 9 mm, 2 at 10 mm, two at 11, and one at 12. They like them between 14 and 16 and expect a growth rate of 2 mm per day.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 12-03-2012, 06:07 PM

Yeah Buckets I am glad to hear the Beta numbers were good.

Shesaidboom:  I doubt it is the trigger shot as well, just seems too long.  It looks like BFP to me. :) My clinic runs late betas as well and they are strict about when they like to do things.  I don't know why they need to be rude about things though, you can be firm but respectful at the same time.  I am sure the nurse is just following clinic policies since everyone wants an answer ASAP.  Stay positive the beta date will be here soon.

Deborah-Sounds like things are progressing well for you.  When is your ER?

RCR-Cheering for your little guys.  It seems like they often catch up in the end.

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Aura - vegas is even more boring the second time. I don't gamble and obviously can't go out drinking. We did all the kid type stuff last time. Our side trip after retrieval is to sedona, which dh says is really nice. We are also planning to drive out to the dessert at night to look at the stars. We were looking into cirque de solel, but it is way too much money. But I knew how to get to trader joes without my gps today, so I do have the hang of things.

Deborah - glade things are looking good!

Shesais - I can't wait to hear about your test tomorrow.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
SSB- bubbles is a fighter. I'm excited to see your test strips get darker!

Krunchy- hi friend, hope you're well!

Rcr- hoping those little eggs catch up & you get a chance to enjoy the nice days with your family.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
rcr, go to Red Rock, it's beautiful! Good luck, I'm thinking of you! love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 12-04-2012, 04:17 AM

Vireos- It's looking like Saturday at this point. The original tentative date was Sunday, but at this point I'm about a day ahead. We'll know more tomorrow. My dad comes in on Friday, so Saturday would be great.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Tear- we are planning to go to red rock. Ds and dh went last time after my transfer. They said it was beautiful. So we are all planning to go this time.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

shesaidboom - OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! You deserve some dancing veggies!!!

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

It's really too bad the person you talked to was so rude and ignorant. Oh well, it doesn't matter what they say, they can't stop you from being pregnant right???

bucket - hooray for some great betas. I love how there is so much good news in this thread.

rcr - I've heard great things about Sedona, my mom said she had a really spiritual experience there!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 12-04-2012, 02:04 PM

bucketofrain - thank you! It was very reassuring to see the line again today.

auraleigh - it's good to know it's not just my clinic who waits so long for betas.

deborah - I'm so glad things are looking good!

vireoes - I completely agree with you, it would have been nice if she was respectful about things even if she couldn't move up the date. Thank you!

sourire - very true! Thank you for the dancing veggies :)

AFM - I tested again this morning and the line was the same as yesterday. It's not super light, but it's not nearly as dark as the control line. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be darker. I'm a little nervous because I've been having some really painful cramps, where I actually need to stop and sit down for a few minutes. I've never experienced this before, but I know some cramping is normal. I just ordered some more tests because I only have 2 left and I want to test every day until Monday because I am ridiculous like that!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 PM

SSB- My implantation cramping was that strong with the boys, so I wouldn't worry about it. How many eggs did you transfer? AFM- Another mini-update on Rainbow Baby Kelly making. I talked to the anesthesiologist today. I ended up in the emergency room after my egg retrieval last year so we are doing whatever we can to prevent a repeat incident. I convinced him not to use Versed, so we will use fentanyl and prophynol (sp?) combo instead. I will take Prilosec about an hour before the procedure, I will also take my albuterol right before the retrieval. He will start an IV drip of Dextrose to keep my blood sugar up and an IV of reglan to keep everything down. I'm still a little nervous, but know that I'm in good hands and we are doing everything possible to prevent a repeat incident.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 PM

deborah - thank you for the reassurance, it really does help. We transfered only one embryo.

I'm glad there are lots of steps being taken to make sure you're ok as possible during the procedure. I will be rooting for you the entire time! I hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rcr- enjoy red rock, it is breathtaking. We took a drive up to the valley of fire last year too if you have the time.

Deborah- nice to hear the doctors are on your side & prepared for the best treatment for you!

Shesaidboom- darker line today ?! Cant wait til you can prove that nurse wrong, what a grinch,

Bucket- glad to hear everything is going so well & your betas have been good. Fantastic!

Afm- I start my Lupron tonight. One more week of BCPs!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Cait - it was actually lighter this morning so now I'm nervous. I'm also not cramping as badly as I was so maybe that's not good either.

YAY for no more BCPs soon! I'm so excited to follow the rest of your cycle.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Shesaidboom - Congrats!  Cramping is normal!!  Some bleeding (if you get it) is normal.  You just don't want them both together.  I had some pretty bad cramps in my singleton and twin pregnancies.  Implantation cramping can be pretty intense and same with growing cramps.  I'm sorry that lady was so rude to you.  :( Shame on her!  SO happy for you!

edit: I'm hoping the lighter test just means there wasn't as much dye.  I've got everything crossed!

Bucket - Congrats to you too!!!

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Shesaid - I hope the lighter test doesn't mean anything. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Afm - my scan was better today. The same three grew, plus three more. Two of those could be potentials, and the other one is not out yet either. I go back on Friday so my retrieval will probably be on Sunday.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesaidboom View Post

Cait - it was actually lighter this morning so now I'm nervous. I'm also not cramping as badly as I was so maybe that's not good either.

YAY for no more BCPs soon! I'm so excited to follow the rest of your cycle.

I know I don't post here often, and when I do it's similar to this post but wanted to share with you.  When I had implantation cramping with my current pregnancy it was SO intense that I took 4, 200mg (or 250mg) motrin for the pain and it lasted for hours.  Also, I had cramping and LOTS of discomfort for weeks, backache, abdominal pain, and even brown spotting off/on.  Also, because I've had so many losses I test over and over and over again and after a few days the tests got lighter than before (several of them) and then I realized it was a different brand of test.  My beta at 30dpo was 57,000 and that's when I stopped testing.

I wanted to say also, I'm sorry the nurse was so rude to you.  I understand policy but she could have been more tactful about it.  Caring at least.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 AM

kewpie - thank you!

rcr - thanks! I'm glad your scan was better! I'm sending good thoughts for your retrieval.

tenk - I'm glad to hear it's normal to have intense cramping. It has gotten better over the past day or so, but I did take tylenol for it at first because it was that bad. DH was worried because I was laying on the couch and couldn't get up myself. Now it just feels like bad period cramping, which I know is forsure normal! I'm sorry you had so many uncomfortable, symptoms. I know I will feel much better after my beta results too.

AFM - tested again this morning and it wasn't really darker (same batch of tests, so maybe these just don't have much dye in them?), but not any lighter. I took a digital test and it said 2-3 weeks pregnant, so that's good. Also, should I stop posting about this here? I feel sort of stuck. I'm not ready to move to grads, especially since I haven't had a beta yet, but I feel like this isn't the place to keep posting about my tests. Should I move it over there? I don't want to hurt anyone either way.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Shesaid - ouch. That sounds like a lot of pain. You can still post here (imo) most grads don't really move to the grads thread until they hear a hb. Some people even stick around longer. I am really happy and excited for you!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:20 AM

About to go for ultrasound and bloodwoork. Root for them to have me trigger tonight! I want these eggies out of me.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Shesaidboom - I have no problem with you continuing to post here, I need to live vicariously through you!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 PM

SSB- Stick around as long as you need to. I like seeing everyone's updates. AFM- Trigger tonight, retrieval Saturday, and transfer on Thursday!

Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Great news deborah. Congrats!

Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 PM

rcr, how are you feeling?  i can't wait to hear how tomorrow's report goes!  are you toasty out in vegas?  it's FREEZING here and i am walking around wearing my sleeping bag coat, dreaming of sunshine.

shesaid, a line is a line!  when is the beta again?  i am so excited for you to get the numbers.  since you tested positive pretty early, the beta should be strong!  

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List