Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Gearing up for an endomitrial biopsy tomorrow.  But I got kind of a weird result from my autoimmune tests and was wondering if anyone has any insight to offer.  Everything was totally normal except for my anticardiolipin which was slightly higher than "normal."  When I talked to the doctor yesterday he said that that "normal" for the lab they use is 15 and under and that mine was 20.  He thinks it's nothing and is really just a false positive and wants to retest in 12 weeks rather than start me on blood thinners etc.  Meanwhile, we will go ahead with our next FET.  Thoughts?  I'm surprised he wants to go ahead with the FET before figuring this out...20 seems significantly higher than 15 to me, but I know nothing about the test...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

aura - ok your protocol is somewhat different from mine because I don't have any bcp's or Lupron before beginning. But I'm feeling better about my protocol now, I talked to some other girls my age who got the same protocol at my clinic, and were successful. One of them did end up with OHSS on that protocol but she also had PCOS which I don't have. Good luck with the PIO, I'm not looking forward to that! I'm kind of hoping I'll be able to convince them to let me use Crinone because that is what I used for my IUI's and I'm used to it. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, I hope the transfer goes well!

Silver - your system in the UK for IVF treatments sounds interesting. Too bad it is so complicated for you though! I live in the province of Quebec in Canada where we just recently started having free IVF in 2010. There are private clinics that do IVF, but they have to give it to us for free as well and then they get reimbursed by the governement. Initially the introduction of free IVF resulted in huge waiting lists (up to 1 year) because so many people wanted to try it as soon as it became free. Since then the system has expanded it's capacity though some people still have to wait quite a while. I'm lucky that there is no longer a waiting list at my clinic since last month.

laura-belle - I'm glad to hear my doses are really low, I've always responded very well to meds and so I was a bit worried about OHSS. I will start my pre-IVF cycle as soon as I get my next AF, which is in about 3 weeks. The actual IVF will be in November. PIO sounds horrible! Congrats on your blast!

daisymae - no idea about autoimmune tests! I asked my Dr to run a few for me (natural killer cells, antiphospholipid antibodies) and he says my clinic doesn't know how to run those tests! Now my only choice is to cross my fingers that I don't have those issues.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#93 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 12:22 PM

Blue- I asked at my hysteroscopy today (I asked for the nurse) and it sounds like they are going to put me on baby aspirin, L. Methylfolate, and Lovenox. Daisymae- Did they do that anticardiolipin antibody test as a fasting test or in the afternoon? Mine came in at 14 and my clinic doesn't like it above 13, but when we did it fasting it was 8.7. AFM- See note to blue. Also, I have a pretty uterus! My lining and tubes looked good. I was really sick this morning and they almost didn't do the hysteroscopy but I talked them into Zofran and doing it anyway. Glad I did. The zofran was fantabulous.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#94 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Laura-belle: thanks I didn't really get on so great with the councellor but you can't hit it off with everybody.  Congrats on your frostie and good luck for your tww!

Debhoura: Hope your hysrocpe goes well and good news about your follies.

Silver: unfortuantly I still haven't herd from my 2nd clinic about egg quality and if I have any sperm left! Must chase them up. arrrggg!

Dasie-mae: good luck for your biopsy I don't know if you know anything about immunes but have your tired http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=52.0 I seem to find a lot of knowledble laides there.

Sourie: Yes it's hugley complicated, each area sets it's own standards and has it's own list so it's really complicated.  In my area you must wait at least a year in other they treat you in less than 12 weeks! Some areas treat single women and lesbians others don't.  How many cycles funded vaires.  Some areas you can choose your clinic and others you can't.  My area used to treat some people in a privet clinic but then stopped so thats why the lists so long! Imune treat really vaires here too with some clinics really into it and others not beeliveing it.  Most places will only tell you to get tested after a few failed cycles or it you have other risk factors.  That can mean heart ache at failed cycles but then the tests all together can cost more than a cycle! and some clinics like mine 1st clinic will treat you impirically for some things.

AFM: I didn't much get on with the councellor I ended up having to go over all stuff about my husband when I had really hoped to have a focused talk about impilcations of donor gamets.  Plus she used the term "not his real dad" about a father whos son was convieced with donor sperm which I thought was really off! But I'm booked to go on the donor conception network confrence in October so hopefully that will be better.  Anyway I couldn't wait any longer and emailed my 2nd clinic to ask that they begin mathcing me for a donor eggs cycle! Here I go again! (will try not to think about the cost).

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#95 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 PM

hello ladies!  i'm still walking around like a 90 year old, but at least we've figured out the issue.  my dh injected the first shot on sunday waaaaaay too low.  it's below my underwear line, when it should be in the muffin top!  that one spot is hot, red, and looks a lot like the reaction i had from PIO last time.  however the spots we did much higher up are fine.  a little sore, but not the blackout pain i have caused by the one low spot.  it takes me five minutes just to get in and out of my car!  i'm going to show my dr tomorrow, but i am assuming we just have to wait for that spot to absorb and go away.  

tomorrow is my transfer, at 1:30.  it doesn't quite feel real yet, still.  i've just never had a transfer where i wasn't recuperating from the retrieval.  i'm on .4 units of estrogen IM shots, and by doubling the dose we got my estrogen from 250 (last friday) to 450 today.  i know dr t was aiming for 500, so we're not too far off.  my progesterone was 50, which is great, considering i'm on 2ml shots daily. last night i had to one of each, both in the same cheek, and that's a LOT of oil to be putting into one muscle.  but i feel thing is stayconfident this time that i won't get my period before the beta again! i go back for blood work on monday to make sure everything is staying level. 

laura, how are you feeling?  are the shots getting any better?  

sourire, glad you got more stories about EPP.  it can't hurt, and why not give yourself every chance to get great quality eggs? 

blue, what's new? how's life?  

daisy, at times like these we just have to trust our REs that they know what they're doing.  did you tell them that you were concerned? 

deborah, hooray for your lovely uterus!

rcr, are you still on your trip? thinking about you!

silver, it can't hurt to be on every list imaginable.  the sooner the better!

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#96 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 04:50 PM

Deborah -- Sounds like everything is going well with you! (even if the sick part sucks)

Aura -- I am thinking sticky thoughts for your transfer tomorrow! On that one shot, maybe it is also too close to a nerve? Or just in a muscle you actually use a lot?

On the subject of PIO: PIO is still not my friend. I did figure out that carrying the vial around in my pocket (or bra) for 20-30 min before the shot helps a lot with that part at least. I had one shot as well that just continued to hurt and I more or less ran it under hot water for 15 min (in the shower) which helped a ton--way more than the heating pack. My latest joy is itching--not hives or an allergic reaction--just itching EVERYWHERE. Real soap (instead of moisturizing bodywash), thorough scrubbing, tons of lotion, and a ton of water have helped so it isn't as bad as it was yesterday, but OMG not fun. So, yeah PIO still sucks.

Blue -- Thanks! Hope you are doing well (and hoping to join you smile.gif)

Daisy -- I know nothing, sorry greensad.gif.

Sourire -- Thanks! Glad you are getting more comfortable with everything.

Silver -- Lovely counsellor (read with extreme levels of sarcasm). I really hate that attitude (I was conceived by anonymous sperm donation and Clomid--yes, we did turn infertility into a hereditary condition.) Good Luck!

AFM -- Please see above commentary on PIO. eyesroll.gif I am reminding myself that peeing on a stick will not in fact really do me any good before say Sunday at the earliest (and that I should really wait for my beta day on Wednesday). I am bad at patience. Also, I am having the master bathroom re-tiled, so everything at home is crazy.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#97 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 05:54 PM

AURA- Good luck, I want this so bad for you!!! Come on Dr T work your magic PLEASE

LAURA- Hang in there just a few more days, crossing everything that this is it for you too.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#98 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 06:13 PM

Laura-Belle- Yes, it is going well, possibly better than we expected so that makes me happy.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#99 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 07:11 PM

Laura, I'm using anonymous donor sperm and I'd love to hear more about y our experiences growing up. If you feel like sharing, please message me! I know there are other ladies using donor sperm on here too, and knowing someone who turned out happy and well adjusted would put all our minds at ease orngtongue.gif. redface.gif

#100 of 762 Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 PM

Auraleigh: Good luck with your transfer.  Hopefully the POI shots will start going smoother now that you have figured out part of the problem.

Daisy: I don't know, I hope you figure it out.  We didn't test for any of those things.

Silver: Sorry to hear about your counselor, you would think they would put someone more sensitive into that type of role.  There are lots of hard decision people have to make when doing fertility treatments, no one needs comments like that.

Laura: Hang in there, that sounds unpleasant. Hopefully everything will be worthwhile soon.

AFM-Survived 1 week of the TWW, why does it seem to go slower towards the end. :(  

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

#101 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 11:01 AM

Hi all, Aura- I'm sorry I don't have experience with donor sperm and, luckily, it sounds like I may not get experience with donor eggs. Vireos- This is why I like that my clinic only makes you wait 11 days. AFM- I have to wait until my next period to start my cycle due to wonky results. They think there was probably a lab error. The positive part of this is that I can go see my mom for the high holidays and that we don't have to worry about having the same or even similar due date to the one we had with the boys.

#102 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Vireoes -- Yeah. Only a few more days, right?

Aura -- It has never been a huge issue for me. I didn't know until I was 11 or 12, because you can't really explain donor sperm until you can explain biological reproduction, how it works, and how it sometimes doesn't work. By that point I had two adopted younger brothers and was very clear on the concept that family and parents are about a lot more than DNA. My siblings do know although one of them tends to actually forget, but most of the older extended family does not -- no one wants to explain and we don't think it matters anyway.

I conceptualize it as being sort of half-adopted, just really early. It probably also helped that "carrying on the line" was never a thing in my family. The man who raised me, who loves me, who worked (still works) really really hard to support us (my mom and sister still), who taught me how to maintain a house and a car, and who is currently driving 30 minutes to my house everyday to give me my PIO shot because he is very very nice smile.gif -- that man is my father. I have never been all that interested in the sperm donor although I would really like to have more medical info than they gave you in 1980.

AFM -- So I broke out in hives last night. It was an exciting morning -- apparently you get to talk to a real person very quickly when you are reporting breaking out in hives to the IVF clinic. Now I am using PIO in ethyl oleate instead of in sesame oil. We will see how this goes.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#103 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 01:02 PM

Laura, you're amazing! Thank you for sharing. I read it to my dh and we both got teary when you talked about your dad. It meant a lot for us to hear that, so thanks again!

I'm sorry you got hives! My original reaction was from ethyl oleate, so now I'm on olive oil. I have a sensitivity to walnuts so we skipped sesame altogether. The ethyl oleate is a little thinner, so hopefully you'll be more comfortable!

Afm, we just transferred two expanded blasts that thawed nicely. They only had to thaw two, which was a relief, and two are still frozen. Dr t had my dh and myself laughing the whole time, the ultrasound was bouncing all over the place. We now have an hour car ride home, then I will lay on the couch, eat spicy Thai food, and watch movies.

#104 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 PM

Aura - That is great news that you only had to thaw 2!!!!  So excited for you!!!!joy.gif  Sending you lots of sticky vibes!!goodvibes.gif What were you and DH laughing about???  Like your new profile pic! Cute!!! I'm hanging in there thanks...You will have to check out my latest update on the other side.

Laura - sorry to hear about your reaction.  Sure hope this new oil is better.  That is the worst!!!  I hated those shots!!!  Fingers crossed that the rest of your TWW goes by fast!

Vireoes - Hope this next week flies by for you!!

Silver - glad you got on the list and are on you way!!!!  Fingers crossed for you!!

Daisy Mae - I hope you get the test results figured out, but I think it is good that your RE isn't concerned.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#105 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

auraleigh, exciting news on good frosties that were transferrable.  Looking forward to good news for you in a couple of weeks.

laura-belle - my DH and I are struggling with extremely low sperm counts (25 sperm on the last full count).  When DH had his first sperm analysis, he was told he had zero sperm and I was considering donor sperm.  I wanted biological children of DH.  We at least have a chance with the frozen sperm that the doctors did find, even though the numbers are extremely low.  Thank you for sharing your story as it is encouraging to me if the necessity exists for my DH and me to consider donor sperm.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#106 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aura- yay! I am out of town but will write more this weekend when I return.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#107 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 05:20 PM

Lila we had extremely low counts as well the worst  one was 29. The embryologist said they had everyone in the lab looking for good sperm to ICSI my eggs on the day of my retrieval.

From that cycle we have our amazing twins. . After my first IVF the RE told us we had a 5% chance to conceive with Dhs sperm so we did a couple of Ds IUIs. We then changed REs and he told us that as long as there was some sperm we had a good shot. We had our BFP on our first try with him. Needless to say we are extremely happy with how things went.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#108 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 05:53 PM

Aura: Congrats on your transfer! Good luck! I hope your sore bottom gets better soon.

Laura-belle: You poor thing have the hives gone down? R your shots any better with the new meds? This is not making me looking forward to my shots and I'll have to do them myself! I hope the wait isn't killing you.  Hang in there! Thanks so much for your comments on ebing donnor conceived.  It's intresting what you say about being told at 11.  In the UK now most people are advising telling as soon as you can so they never remember not knowing, then it's not a thing one must have a talk about.  I know people who are making baby books for their toddles to explain.  Then again I think school start reproduction at 5yrs.

Vireos: glad your surving your tww.  I didn't realise we had so many twwers on here.  Better ready the dancing vegtables!

Deborah: Glad you get to see you mother.  Are you doing another own eggs cycle then? Did they sort out the risks for you of retival?

rcr: Hope your enjoying your trip.

AFM: Am very please becuse my NHS clinic has just written to say I can have another privet cycle and still get my NHS cycle for free it I'm not pregant when my place comes up next year! I didn't even have to spend a stamp to ask them! I'm really pleased becuase it makes me feel better about paying for this round if I know I can have another free round if it fails.  I'd better start looking at sperm donor and vitiamins again! Thanks for all your commnets about the councilor I'm glad I'm not the only one to think it off I don't think she ment to say it she was talking about telling early as she had worked with a boy who was upset when he was told as a teenager that his dad wasn't his real dad.  I wish I'd said "you mean his real dad is not his gentic father".  The re seemed the other way to make too little of donnor eggs saying it was only a couple of cells and like a blood transfusion.  Well my future children might happen to think they are pretty important cells and blood transusion won't affect the carateritics and inheritance of my child! Anyway back to the longer than tww for me.

rcr could you change my blub to Waiting to be matched to a egg donnor for double donnor IVF when you get back please?

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#109 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 PM

I just wanted to post a quick update that I had my rainbow baby girl on 2/6/12 so that the "predecessors" list can get longer!

Beth, SAHM to the little french goose, 6/17/09 and my little panda bear 2/6/12. I nursed with low supply, domperidone and a lact-aid for 18 months!
#110 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 07:54 PM

Silverbird- That's the impression I get. Yes, they will give me a glucose drip so my blood sugar stays up, they will also have me go in as early as possible, and my RE thinks they need to knock me out further.

#111 of 762 Old 09-21-2012, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi ladies, I think I'm ready to jump in here. I'm currently on CD2 of my first IVF cycle. I know several of you from the ONE thread, but I hope to get to know the rest of you better. Just a little about me - Dh and I began fertility treatments last year after dealing with infertility since early 2007. In the past year we've done 5 IUI cycles, 3 on Femara and 2 on injectibles. I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago, and a few months ago we found out my AMH levels are very low. Our RE had a chart and my numbers basically fell in the 48+ years old range (I'm 28), which is very strange in a PCOS patient. Dh's sperm may also have difficulty penetrating an egg, so we will be doing ICSI. Tomorrow morning I'll be going in for my base ultrasound and bloodwork, and on Monday I will be beginning BCPs. I'll also be doing a uterine biopsy this month to hopefully make my lining more sticky. As anxious as I am to get started, I am scared. I imagine that's pretty normal though. So that's me. I'm going to go back and catch up on the thread a bit to hopefully learn more about all of you.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#112 of 762 Old 09-22-2012, 03:58 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Keria, thanks for that encouraging story of your journey.  I am hopeful that once DH and I get the money we will be able to make some beautiful babies with his sperm and my eggs.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#113 of 762 Old 09-22-2012, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Hi all. I am in the airport heading home. I just caught up on the last few pages.

Sourie - I want to respond to you but it is too much to type from my phone, so I will later. Glad to see you here! I did estrogin priming on the only cycle that I had fertilization, but I was on huge doses of follistim too - like 800/day. I was only on 150 when I was doing iuis. But I am not a good responder. I think it was the estrogin that gave me better quality this last time.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#114 of 762 Old 09-22-2012, 08:03 PM

Aura -- Thanks smile.gif Yay that you only had to thaw two! Thinking sticky thoughts!

Lilac -- You're welcome smile.gif I wish you the best of luck with your eventual IVF.

Silver -- That is great that you can do your paid cycle and still have the free one if you need it.

shesaidboom -- Welcome! Hopefully your ultrasound and bloodwork went well. Anxiety is pretty normal -- I think all of us have been there. Good luck!

AFM -- on PIO: So far so good with the ethyl oleate suspension. *knocks on wood* The shot is a bit faster too. Nothing else new so far.

#115 of 762 Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 AM

Good morning ladies!

Laura, excellent! I hope ethyl oleate is your magic medium! I did two shots last night (e2v and progesterone) and they are fine. But that one stinking week old spot from last Sunday is now larger than a softball, and turning from red to purple. grrrrr. How is your 2ww so far? What is your beta day again? I know we are close!

Rcr, welcome home! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Lilac, where there is a sperm, there's a way!!

Shesaidboom, welcome!!! I also have PCOS, and I in my 2ww now. You'll do great! It's absolutely natural to be nervous, but you just need to trust that your RE knows what to do. Do you like your dr? What is the game plan? I did the biopsy too, I hope it makes the difference!

Blue, I feel shy to comment on the other side but I'm fully caught up and cheering for you!

Silver, so glad you can you do a private cycle and still qualify for a free one!

Afm, 2dp5dt. I feel fine, great, relaxed. Trying to envision these little blasts implanting. I know we've done everything we can and my hormone levels are nice and high, so now I wait.

#116 of 762 Old 09-23-2012, 07:50 AM

RCR- Sorry to be such a pest, but can you change my blurb again? Me (30), DH (30) Fertility challenges: Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis, Diminished Ovarian Reserves; also homozygous positive for MTHFR. Retesting Day 3 bloodwork around mid-october due to lab error. Retrieval and Transfer likely in early to mid December.

#117 of 762 Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Hi all:

I am back from my trip. Had a wonderful time. I am still getting caught up.

Aura/Laura - I was in San Francisco to do research. Part of my job involves doing research, so I have a small travel budget to travel each year. I am working on a project in San Francisco. I have a lovely time. I am a transplant from Chicago to a rural area in the south, which has no good food, little diversity, etc. So going to a city every once in a while keeps me sane. I ate so much and walked so much.

Deborah - looks like we may be cycle buddies. I am doing my cycle in mid December too (have to be in Vegas on Dec 3.)

Aura - cute profile pic. :) I am glad you are relaxing. When is your beta?

silver - that is wonderfiul news that you can do a private cycle and get a free one! When do you get started?

Shesaid - welcome to this thread. We are happy you are here! I have also been TTC since 2007. How many follies did you see at your baseline? What is your protocol like?

Lilac - my DH has poor sperm quality. He has plenty of sperm, but most of them have poor morphology, etc. We are doing a 50/50 cycle with DH and donor sperm. Last time we did it all of the donor sperm fertilized and none of DHs did. However, the doc still thinks it is a egg quality issue.

Laura - thanks for sharing your story about donor sperm. They really do give a lot of info nowdays. My donor even allows contact with the kid when he/she turns 18. We paid extra for that, but I thought I would keep the option open in case the child is curious someday. How are the PIO shots? I switched to ethyl for this last IVF cycle too, and I liked it a lot. BTW - I do my own  PIO shots - DH works out of town all week, so I don't have anybody to do them. It was really hard at first, but I got used to it. that is really nice of your dad to do them for you.

Sourire - welcome over here (not sure if I said that yet). I like estrogin priming. I had better quality with it, after two IVFs with no fertilization, I finally got fertilization with estrogen priming. I did the shots, but only twice a week for two weeks. I also did the suppositories every day. I think SIRM like estrogen for people with egg quality issues.

I am going back to update for those who asked.

#118 of 762 Old 09-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Cassnbeth: Congratulations!

Debhoura: I'm glad they've found a safe way to get your eggs.

Sehsaidboom: Welcome.  I'm sure your in with a good shot with IVF good luck!

Luara-belle: I'm glad your getting on better with your new meds.

Lilac: Good luck with your savings I'm sure your on your way to a lovely baby.

Aura: well done for being relaxed I'm glad your hormones are good.  Do you mind telling me what drugs your on and when your hormones got tested to check your progestrone right? I really want to get in right next time.

rcr: that sounds like a good trip.  I love San Fransico my cousin is off to San Fransico soon lucky thing.  I don't know exactly when I'll start it depends when I can be matched with a donnor.  When I rang in August the said they were giving ec dates of october so proably November or december I'm hoping.  Could be earlier I guess.

#119 of 762 Old 09-23-2012, 02:53 PM

Can anyone enlighten me as to what PIO stands for? I keep reading it as Pain In the Orse!

#120 of 762 Old 09-23-2012, 03:26 PM

Rcr, I love the Bay Area! Good friends of mine lived in Oakland for years and I had the pleasure of visiting.  I'm sure you starved for the options of city life, eh?  Oh I wanted to ask, you have chickens, correct?  There is a house I drive by daily on my way to work that has built four chicken coops, with a run, and a strip of wildflowers for the chickens to wander through.  It makes me think of you! I am so jealous, I want to stop by and ask if I can visit their chickens.  I live in a very suburban area between NYC and Philly, so it's not often I get to see chickens on the side of the road just having a  snack.  

Silver, I am currently on progesterone in olive oil, E2V for injection, starting tonight E2V/Progesterone suppositories, folgard, dexamethasone, and cipro.  The only reason I'm having my levels checked so often is because I've gotten my period early for my past two IVF cycles.  Dr Wong was more than willing to explore the possibility that I have an issue with my levels post transfer, and that's why I'm so medicated right now.  I believe Dr T thinks I'm being slightly silly in getting the levels checked so often as I'm overloaded with estrogen and progesterone, but I figure, better safe than sorry.  We checked the progesterone four days after starting injections for the FET and it was 50, which is higher than my friend who is 10 weeks pregnant with twins!  We will also check again tomorrow, but Dr T said I'll be fine because my levels are so high.  

AFM, spent the the day relaxing again.  It's not quite bed rest since I was up and about straightening the house, but I'm doing a lot more lounging than normal.  A few slight cramps here and there, but I've had those since I started the progesterone.  I had DH get me some pineapple for today, which seems like a tradition at this point.  I even watched an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians because Chloe is starting some sort of fertility treatments, and Kim is doing a stim cycle to freeze her eggs.  A coworker told me about it so I figured I'd watch.  I think Chloe is on Clomid?  I laughed so hard at Kim trying to inject stims into her stomach.  That girl is a mess.  It didn't even look like the drugs made it where they had to go.  Too funny!  I hope they get whatever they are looking for, whether it's just ratings, or babies.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page