Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 762 Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cassnbeth - Congrats!!!

Aura - glad to hear you are relaxing some at least! When is your beta again?  Fingers crossed for you!!!

Silver - Yay, so glad to hear your good news about the clinic and getting going w/ the donors.  I had to laugh about the "Pain In the Orse" comment b/c you are kinda right actually.  It stands for Progesterone In Oil and it gives you a huge "Pain in the Orse" at least for me it did.

Rcr - hope you had a good trip!  I'm sure you are glad to be home though.  How is DS when you are gone and how do you do that when DH works out of state?  That has to be tough.

Shesaidboom - Welcome!!  I hope you stay here is short and sweet!!!

Laura - glad they found a PIO that works!!!  That had to be awful!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 762 Old 09-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Ps blue, I just ADORE your new profile pic!joy.gif

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#123 of 762 Old 09-23-2012, 06:19 PM

Aura -- That does not sound like any fun at all. I hope it is at least improving. My beta day is Wednesday 9/26 -- I only have to get through 2.5 more days. eyesroll.gif I think you are a few days behind me? Thinking sticky thoughts for you!

rcr -- I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to San Francisco. smile.gif PIO is going better. I like the ethyl oleate so far (and yes, I have a great dad smile.gif ). I am really impressed that you have been doing yours yourself. I could not do that.

Silver -- Pain In the Orse -- I love that! It really is. Thanks! smile.gif

Blue -- It was really an overly exciting morning, that's for sure.

AFM -- I POAS this morning (I had one lying around). 12 days, 7 hours post trigger shot, 3 days before my beta. I am convinced I see a faint line (and my mom agrees), but I may be deluding myself. Why do I do this to myself? (And I am totally buying another box this evening, it is really kind of ridiculous.)

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#124 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Blue - DS stayed with a friend while I was gone. He couldn't go to stay with DH because he is in school here, and there would be no child care for him. The friend who he stayed with is a very good friend (the same person who watches him after school), and they are very close, so it worked out well. He even skipped school one day to hang out with her, and they went camping.

Silver - ha! PIO! that is funny.

Laura - sounds like it is going to be a BFP!! Our first for this thread!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#125 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Aura - yes, I am definetely starved for city life. There is one Indian restaurant here, no middle eastern, only crappy Chinese food,  and no Korean food. Plus we are vegetarian, so our options are even smaller. Luckily there is a great natural food grocery store. Yes, we have chickens. We figured if we live in the country, we might as well make the best of it. I love them. They are so funny to watch, and we get fresh eggs daily. We have americunas and barred rocks, so we get blue and brown eggs. They are much yummier than store bought eggs. I often trade eggs for things like babysitting and bring them to friends as presents. We had some ducks too, because we rescued them, but I have since found a new home for them. They really got me into liking ducks, so I have been thinking about getting some in the spring. Plus having little baby chicks is really fun, and DS would love it. He was pretty young when we had the chicken chicks, so he barely remembers them.  When are you testing (are you testing?)

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#126 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

laura-belle - Thanks for the kind welcome!

auraleigh - thank you. I hope your 2ww ends with great news! Come on little blasts! I do like my RE, but we had some issues with our previous one that I think carried over. It's very hard for us to trust any dr after our experience with our first RE. This one is very open with us and doesn't sugar coat things, so I am a lot more comfortable. I start my BCPs today and then wait for instructions. I'll be doing lupron injections, but I'm not sure when they start.

rcr - thank you! At the baseline I had 12 follicles on one side and 8 on the other, so lots of potential. I also have a big cyst on one ovary, but was told it won't interfere. Protocol for now is BCPs + Lupron injections this month as well as a uterine biopsy. We'll be using Gonal F, and to be honest I was so overwhelmed that I'm not 100% sure of everything. I made an appointment to speak with a nurse to clarify everything.

silverbird - thank you! I really hope IVF is the ticket for us.

blueyezz - thank you!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#127 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 02:23 PM

rcr -- If only I had a yard. One of my parents' neighbors had chickens and they were the funniest things to watch. Want.

Shesaidboom -- That sounds pretty good -- 20 baseline follicles is a nice start!

AFM -- Today's line was unambiguous! We won't know for sure until the beta on Wednesday whether the numbers indicate viability, but I am tentatively saying BFP! joy.gif I am ridiculously excited. In the five years and some odd months that we have been at this, I have never seen two lines on a test.

Aura, Vireoes -- still thinking sticky thoughts for you!

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#128 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 03:06 PM

laura, this is phenomenal news!!!!  i am so excited for you!  i'm in the "never saw two lines" club, so i am celebrating vicariously through you.  what day is this post transfer? i'm on 3dp5dt and all i've got is INSANE cramping, hunger, and hot flashes.  but i'm also on enough progesterone to kill a horse, so i blame it all on that. 

shesaid, i too left my first RE (who wasted my time and my insurance benefits) for a new RE (SIRM NYC) who tells it to me like it is.  their honesty was what sold me.  hang in there! your baseline count sounds excellent, i forsee great things for you! 

rcr, ahh! dying about your chickens.  how many do you have total? are they hard to keep? do they require a ton of space? maybe one day when we move out of our townhouse and have more land i can get a few chickens.  and thanks to you, now i am craving indian, and korean.  and vietnamese.  and thai.  and falafel. man i am HANGRY today! i keep eating and nothing is helping.  again, progesterone.

blue, my beta is next monday! 

afm, these progesterone symptoms are over the top.  i think adding the suppository last night was the icing on the cake.  i'm peeing twice an hour, and every time it's like i haven't peed all day.  i'm having cramps that are worse than my menstrual cramps, and i'm hungrier than i've ever been, and i had to nap in my car at lunch.  and i've gotten some kind of eczema  on my chin so half my face is bright red and irritated.  hormones are crazy! 

#129 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 04:13 PM

Aura, thinking of you!!!  I can't wait for your beta :)  LOVE the enough progesterone to kill a horse comment!  You always make me smile! 

Silver, great news about getting to do a private cycle and still get a free one!!!

Deborah, looking forward to your next cycle!

rcr, Is it December yet?!?  I am hopeful for your next cycle too!  I buy eggs from a guy at work that has chickens :)  They taste so much better, and I love their "natural" look!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#130 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Shesaid - 20 is great! plus some people end up getting even more than they see on baseline. Did you get your drugs yet? If not, be prepared for some anxiety when you open the box. It is a lot to take in the first time.

Laura!!!!! YAY!!! So excited for you. Congrats!

Belly - Yea, not December yet, but it will be soon enough.  I was talking to a student today about her midterm project, and looked at my calendar and realized that midterm is in like two weeks! So, December is right around the corner.

Aura - We have 4 chickens. We had 8, but gave 4 away for various reasons (two were pecking everybody's feathers out, so we gave them to a friend, and we gave the other two away because a friend wanted to start with chickens but didn't want to wait for eggs because it takes about 8 months for them to start laying). 4 is the perfect number for us anyway. It gives us plenty of eggs. I don't think we will be adding any until these four are older and stop laying. Since we won't kill them, I might as well wait to get young ones until I really need the eggs. They are really easy to keep - I spend about 45 min every Sunday tending to the coop, and they free-range all day (we have a fenced in yard, so they don't go far). They don't require much space at all, although our coop is huge and could easily accomodate 10 chickens because it is an old playhouse. Our yard is a regular suburban lot.  I can't wait until your beta on Monday. I have a good feeling about it.

#131 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 PM

LAURA-joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#132 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Laura -  Congrats!!!  Can't wait to hear what your beta numbers are!!!

Aura - ugh to progesterone symptoms!!!!!!  irked.gif So not fair!!!  Sure sounds like pregnancy symptoms too!!  Totally keeping my fingers crossed and praying this is it for you! You so deserve it!!!!!

Shesaidboom - hope the bpc's go well for you!  The first cycle is always the hardest b/c everything is totally new and you feel like a fish out of water.  Feel free to ask questions here too b/c all of us women would be happy to help if you have questions or concerns.  Deep breath, it will all get easier!!!

rcr - that is great that you have such a great set up for DS while you are gone.  Sounds like it really works well.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#133 of 762 Old 09-24-2012, 08:08 PM

laura-belle - I was super excited because we had a lot less our last cycle so this is good.
A tentative BFP is so exciting! I joined this thread at exactly the right time. I'm so excited for you. It must have felt amazing to see that second line.

auraleigh - I'm glad you found a better RE. Ours is definitely much better than the first, and we've learned to ask to see physical copies of all our results now. It's still kind of scary to put so much trust in someone though, especially with the emotional and financial load involved!
I'm sorry you're having progesterone symptoms. I've only ever used the suppositories, but it is always awful. Hang in there!

rcr - thanks, and that's good to hear! I haven't gotten the drugs yet, just the BCPs, but I'll keep that in mind. I always get anxious about taking any medication, even a tylenol, so I know it's going to be hard at first. It'll hopefully be worth it though!
I love chickens and hope to get some in the future, so it's exciting to hear about yours. How long have you had them?

blueyezz - Thank you! That is actually the perfect way to describe it. I feel so out of the loop. Thank you so much for the support, I know I will have a million questions, but reading this thread and going back to read some of the posts from the summer thread has definitely helped.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#134 of 762 Old 09-25-2012, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

laura - CONGRATS!!  I am SO happy to see another BFP on this thread... here's to hoping you have AMAZING numbers tomorrow!!! 

shesaidboom - sorry to see you over here now, but also glad as I think it will help a lot.  Good luck - I'll be stalking you :-)

aura - I can't wait to hear your results!  I'm thinking more good news is coming this threads way!

hide.gif and back to stalking....

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#135 of 762 Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 AM

hope4light - I think it will help too. Thanks for the good wishes! I'm stalking you too, not too much longer now!!

I got a call from the nurse today with a bunch of dates and oh, my it is so overwhelming! Here's the procotol now:

Oct 4th - teaching session for Lupron and Luveris injections

Oct 5th - start Lupron - .1ccs

Oct 8th - last birth control pill

Oct 18th - endometrial biopsy

Oct 23rd - assessment ultrasound/bloodwork

Oct 25th - start medications

Nov 5th - tentative retrieval date, if everything goes as planned

I feel a little more in the loop with the dates written down. It all feels so soon though! Eek.

#136 of 762 Old 09-25-2012, 03:49 PM

Thanks all!

Aura -- Today is 10dp3dt. I have been alternating hungry and nauseous, and I'm tired, but overall it isn't too bad. Yours sound much worse than mine are.

Shesaidboom -- One part exciting, one part scary -- I compulisively calendared everything about this cycle, down to medication times (complete with alerts), so I totally understand feeling more comfortable when you know what is going on.

AFM -- So far, so good. I am buying a box of less sensitive tests to see how I do on them. Today I am of course considering everything that could possibly go wrong (not a high enough beta, no doubling, this could just be a chemical pregnancy, etc.) It is nuts. Beta is tomorrow; that will probably help.

#137 of 762 Old 09-25-2012, 05:14 PM

Yay Laura belle!! Good luck with your beta tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a fabulous number that leaves no shred of doubt!

Had my endometrial biopsy on Friday. No big deal there. Then got my period Sunday night, so I'm now on Estrace and the Vivelle patch. Ultrasound and bloodwork next Thursday and tentatively scheduled for FET on the 9th. Looking forward to getting on with it after my early loss this past time.
#138 of 762 Old 09-25-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura-belle View Post

AFM -- So far, so good. I am buying a box of less sensitive tests to see how I do on them. Today I am of course considering everything that could possibly go wrong (not a high enough beta, no doubling, this could just be a chemical pregnancy, etc.) It is nuts. Beta is tomorrow; that will probably help.

Laura - don't waste your money just buy some $ store tests.  I've always gotten good results w/ them when I'm pregnant.  Looking forward to hearing your number tomorrow.

Shesaidboom - glad you've got a schedule.  That always made me feel better when i could have something that done on a calendar even if it might change a bit.

Daisy - glad your biopsy went well and that you have a schedule too!!!!  Fingers crossed for you!!!

#139 of 762 Old 09-25-2012, 08:14 PM

Dropping by to wish Aura lotss of babydust!!! I hope Monday brings amazing news!!

Laura: I'm youur neighbor. :-) Congrats on your BFP!!! I hope youur numbers come back awesome tomorow!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#140 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 AM

Just a quick congrats to Laura!

I hate that all the side effects of progestrone seem to mimic those of early pregnancy.  How unfair is that. :(

Finally Beta tomorrow.  I have been good and not POAS, since I don't have any and have no idea how to ask for them here.  Some things you don't want to try to ask for in a second language.  Especially if you want to buy a big box of them and not just a single.  People already look at me a bit odd here.

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

#141 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 06:11 AM

hello ladies!!

blue, belly, hope, mom, vegan!  thanks for rooting me on! it feels good to have a fan club!!!joy.gif

viroes, so exciting! i can't wait to hear the results!

daisy, glad the biopsy went so smoothly!  the 9th is just around the corner.

laura, i agree with blue, i have purchased many a dollar store test and everyone on the internet swears by them.  i am feeling good though about your beta! it showed up nice and early! do the lines seem to be getting darker?

afm, today is yom kippur (a very holy jewish holiday) and traditionally i have always fasted.  no food, no water, from sundown last night to sundown tonight.  dr t recommended i didn't fast, and of course judaism allows for people that are ill or pregnant to not fast.  however part of me feels a little guilty.  i'm not especially religious, but this was something that was always really important to my dad, and since he's passed away i have always treated it as a honor to him.  i have decided to at least spend some time today thinking about all the craziness i've been through this year, focusing my energy on being positive and focusing on this baby that i am hoping is inside me.  

i woke up again soaking wet.  the night sweats are not pretty!  i feel good today, calm, happy,  i promised myself i wouldn't poas since it is a very important holiday and i didn't want to possibly see a negative and spend the day depressed about that.  even though it's still a bit early.  today is 5dp5dt.  i may poas tomorrow, or maybe i'll try to hold out until at least friday or saturday.  i just want it to work so badly this time that i don't want to even entertain a possibility that it didn't.  

#142 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Shesaid - we have had the chickens for about two years now.  Are y ou sure that the pharmacy is going to have luveris? When I was on it I was told that they are not making it anymore so there are shortages, so I went ahead and got mine for mt Dec. cycle already just to make sure it is available.

Laura - can't wait to hear about your beta today. Let me know when you want to be moved to the grads section.

Vieros - excited to hear about your beta today too.

Aura - I am sure  your dad would be happier that you stayed healthy instead of fasting :) Glad you feel calm today. Happy Yom Kippur!

AFM - we lost a chicken this morning. Something ate her last night. It was really gross - blood and guts all over the place. I am pretty sad about it. I didn't know what to do with her because I had to clean her up, go to work, and try to avoid DS seeing all the blood and guts. So I scooped her into a plastic bag and stuck her in the garbage can, but I am going to bury her when I get home. I am not even sure who she was. We have two that look exactly alike, and can only tell them apart from their personalities (one is shy and one is really people-friendly). The other was just hanging out in the coop so I couldn't tell which one it was. I hardly ever go out there in the morning to check on them but thank goodness I did today because the other three girls were in the coop still (they always come out at first light), so they must have been afraid or something. Once I cleaned the dead one up the other three came out. We have a little river in the back so there is the possibility it was a raccoon, but it also may have been a cat (though they are pretty big chickens to be killed by a cat).

#143 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 AM

rcr, i'm so sorry!!!  after all this talk of chickens, i am so sorry that this happened.  that is the last thing you should have to wake up to.  

today is a bad day for animals, i guess.  last night my littlest cat starting leaking drips of urine.  i spent the morning at the vet and they couldn't find anything wrong with him.  they think it could possibly be a uti, or maybe some sort of blockage.  they didn't see any issues on the ultrasound though.  now i've got to keep him isolated so we can monitor his urine output.  my poor baby!  he's thrown up a few times because of the sedatives they gave him, which i cleaned up, but he pooped on the floor in the basement and that i'm leaving for lucky DH because i'm not messing with litterbox things.  

#144 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Laura-Belle: congratulations! broc1.gifcarrot.gif What a great start to our thread! Lets hope aura, vireoes and shesiadboom can follow it up soon!

Aura: Sorry about all the sucky progesterone symptoms.  it is a pain that they are so simmilar to pregancy.  1st time around I kept reading such and such is an early pregancy symptom caused by progestrone.  Not much use to me then! Am not looking forward to a bigger progestrone does next time, I can be really revanous when I'm premenstural anyway let alone with added hormones! I think you did the right thing with the fasting you would want to risk it. I hope you cat gets better how rotten greensad.gifGood luck for whe you test!

Shesaidboom: Glad you got yuour dates it helps to plan doesn't it.  Mine got changed around about three times last time it was getting pretty arwqrd with work.

Vireoes: good luck!

Rcr: I'm so sorry about your chickens.

Hello to Blue, Belly, Vegan and anyone I've missed!

AFM: Well I just sepnd £120 on vitamins! Guess I'm getting back into the minset again.  Hope I don't have to wait too long.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#145 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

aura, sorry to hear about your little kitty.  Hope everything goes well.  May your day be a special one as you remember you father and focus on the little one that is hopefully growing inside of you.

laura, looking forward to good news from you once you have your beta results.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#146 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 PM

Thanks All! My beta was good -- 112. joy.gif My nurse was pleased. Back on Friday to see if it has doubled. I am more optimistic today smile.gif.

Daisy -- Good luck!

Blue -- I actually didn't end up buying any tests because that would have required actually leaving the house. eyesroll.gif I am lazy sometimes.

Cindy -- Yup! I am in the South Bay. smile.gif

Vireoes -- Thinking sticky thoughts for you. *crossing fingers*

Aura -- Oh no, your poor cat. Awful timing too -- on an important holiday. I hope you managed to have a meaningful holiday despite yet more craziness. Thinking sticky thoughts for you too smile.gif

rcr -- greensad.gif I'd bet on raccoons personally. I don't think a housecat would do well taking on a chicken. I think I might be more confident about moving to graduates after the second beta; it still feels like jinxing it, yk?

Silver -- Isn't it amazing that vitamins can be so expensive?

#147 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 PM

Yay!!!! 112 is fabulous! Congratulations!joy.gif
#148 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 PM

Congrats Laura so happy for u

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#149 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 06:53 PM

Laura, sounds like excellent news! Congrats again!redface.gif

#150 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 PM

rcr - so sorry to hear about your one chicken!! That is sad!!!  So what do you tell DS b/c i'm sure that he will notice and wonder what happened.

aura - sorry to hear about your kitty!!  Wow, all this animal drama going on today!  I sure hope that he is doing better tomorrow.  How old is he?

Laura - great numbers!!!!  Can't wait to hear your next beta number!!!

Silver - does your RE know that you are taking all of those vitamins?  Someone very smart once told me not to over do the vitamin w/ a cycle, so I made sure to just take only the few that i absolutely needed.  You don't have to follow that info, but i just wanted to pass it along.  Not that I got preg w/ an IVF, but i really want this for you!!!  hug.gif

vireoes - good luck!!!!!  Fingers crossed!!

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page